Type keyword(s) to search

Like Sand Through an Hourglass: Behind the Scenes of DOOL

Message added by Door County Cherry

The Behind The Scenes thread is not a spoiler thread.  So spoilers, including casting information, do not belong in here.  The "behind the scenes" information specifically related to casting should go in either the spoiler thread or the Salem International thread which discusses. departures and arrivals thread. 

• Start Topic

Sure does sound like

DID is going to be the explanation, which is disappointing.  I'm so sick of DID.  It was done to death by both Higley and Carliavati on OLTL and by the latter on GH.  Can't these writers look up some other kind of mental illness in the DSM to sensationalize and get all wrong?

Also, this part:

What happened when you told people in the DAYS cast you were the serial killer?

ROB:  I kept it to myself for awhile. I let Kate Mansi know a little bit of what was going on, because we worked together.  I probably told her about a month and a half or two months down the road.   It’s a game you play.   It’s an actor’s power to have something like that.  It was so funny.  Everyone on set was wondering if they were going to get fired, or be killed!  Everyone was walking around on egg shells in the studio, or hair and make-up, and it was nice to know I had this secret the whole time.  I took a lot of pleasure in that.  It was fun. (Laughs)  I did not tell anyone.

makes Rob Wilson sound like quite the douche.  It's one thing to keep a secret and have fun with people guessing who the killer is going to be, but taking pleasure in people walking around on eggshells because they think they're going to be fired is fucked up.

Edited by Kitty Redstone
  • Love 6

I think when a bond shows between actors and kid actors that it's the adult putting in the time off camera, rather than the writers writing them close.  Say what you will about SC, the kid that plays Parker is always delighted to see him.  He must be fun.

• Love 4

I found this out thanks to the spoiler blowup that prompted the entire board getting locked last week, but if someone managed to escape that, shouldn't these last few posts be in a spoiler thread instead of here?

• Love 3

Spoilers are not going to be tolerated in the threads that are not specifically labeled spoilers. If you think something might be a spoiler post it in either Spoilers & Shockers or in Anniversary Killer Spoilers if it's specifically about the serial killer.
It is unfair to other posters when you are thoughtless about what you are posting. If there is not a spoiler tag on the thread then spoilers are not allowed there.
Please make it a habit to post in the correct threads. We are keeping a close eye on this and will be moderating accordingly.

I found this out thanks to the spoiler blowup that prompted the entire board getting locked last week, but if someone managed to escape that, shouldn't these last few posts be in a spoiler thread instead of here?

Yes and I'm sorry if anyone got spoiled here.

Title of this thread

OK , since you are paying attention here, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE change it to sands (plural) and "the" not "a", also "as", not "like"

As sands through the hourglass these are the days of our lives

Edited by annabel
  • Love 1

thanks for that interview, Rick : ) But I can't listen to those guys for longer than 5 minutes, lol. I

'll be glad to see Freddie back this week!

Edited to add spoiler tag as I'm fearful of violating the rules : )

Edited by Lastwaltz

I like the title of this thread the way it is. There's many titles of threads I'd phrase differently but don't complaint about it weekly.

Also I was told I violated the spoiler policy so I'm not sure what to post where, can't hurt to be too careful.

• Love 4

A lot of cast missing from this anniversary shot. Especially noticeable no Rafe.

http://www.people.com/article/days-lives-50th-anniversary-photo

The Days of Our Lives Cast Gathers for a Stylish Photo Celebrating the Show's 50th Anniversary

days-lives-01-1024.jpg

The whole gang is here.

To celebrate the 50th anniversary of Days of Our Lives, the cast of the NBC soap got together for a photo shoot and PEOPLE has the exclusive first look at the end result.

The milestone season has seen the return of actress Alison Sweeney, who had left the series late last year after 21 years on the show.

"I said to the producer, 'You know I'm really out of practice, right? Just so you're aware it's a really long time since I've memorized anything like that,' " Sweeney told PEOPLE in May of returning to a life of memorizing an entire script overnight. "I'm freaking out a little but am very excited to see my friends and be family again."

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 5

It's a lovely shot with 31 actors, which is really impressive...and I can't lie that I'm getting some sick pleasure out of knowing Galen wasn't there, because I really cannot separate him from the memory of the insipid Passions...but it would have been really nice to see Aiden and Bo included, to say nothing of Eve and Justin.

And I definitely think Eileen Davidson deserved a presence. Was she even up on stage during the last Daytime Emmy Awards' tribute to DAYS?

Thank you for this, Rick, I had no idea who James Read was before I saw him on Days.  I know people talked about his performances beforehand, but strangely I never saw them.  I never watched North and South, nor Beaches etc.

He is so totally different from his despicable Clyde character, wow. Great job, James Read.  I enjoyed the entire interview.

• Love 2

Well this is not good during the press tour and celebrations.

Casey Moss, arrested after scuffle with bartender at W Scottsdale Hotel

“I’m Casey Moss and I’m an actor on Days of Our Lives.” LOL That made me laugh.

That is unfortunate but he is young, not like Reese Witherspoon, and Mel Gibson.  But I sure hope he has family and friends who set him right after this idiotic behaviour.  And furthermore, at a bar in a W hotel in Scottsdale?  It is not like we are talking about a happening place!  WTF happened there, that a sleepy hotel bar it go so out of control?

• Love 1

The 1 group on tour is in NY and the other group is in Denver. I don't think Casey's doing anything for DAYS now, he wasn't on the new dates, but it's why he was in Arizona.

Edited by Artsda

With Days taping schedule he could be arrested, sentenced & put in jail and it wouldn't affect his storyline whatsoever. That said, it's kind of funny that JJ wants to be a cop. Maybe, Casey was doing research by getting arrested by a real cop. LOL!!!

• Love 2

The 1 group on tour is in NY and the other group is in Denver. I don't think Casey's doing anything for DAYS now, he wasn't on the new dates, but it's why he was in Arizona.

No, he was there for Days. He was scheduled to be at the group book signing in Phoenix on Monday.

No, he was there for Days. He was scheduled to be at the group book signing in Phoenix on Monday.

Yes, he was there for that one but Casey was scheduled that one. He's not on the multi-city tour like the others. 

Galen Gering and Billy Flynn are always attacking each other on Twitter.  Today, Galen posted:

Great.  Now he's sittin behind me.

1796487_1678662179041932_256243740971386

And Billy retweeted it.  :)  And replied, "Idiot."

Edited by Rick Kitchen
  • Love 9

The cast are traveling singing their book, does anyone know where all they are headed or a website I can look at? I've Google it and nothing

Halloween was the last scheduled day.  

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/days-of-our-lives-celebrates-50-years-with-launch-of-official-photo-book-and-multi-city-tour-300145239.html

Only 9 cities.

US Book Tour Dates

Los Angeles-10/25/2015 Book signing at Barnes & Noble The Grove at 2:00pm

Phoenix-10/26/2015 Book signing at Changing Hands at 6:30pm

New York-10/27/2015 Book signing at Barnes & Noble on 5th Avenue at 12:00pm

Northvale, NJ-10/27/2015 Book signing at Books & Greetings at 6:30pm

Denver-10/28/2015 Book signing at Tattered Cover, Aspen Grove at 6:30pm

Dallas-10/29/2015 Book signing at Barnes & Noble at 6:30pm

Kansas City-10/30/2015 Book signing at Oak Park Mall (B&N) at 6:30pm

Atlanta-10/30/2015- FoxTale Book Shoppe - Location TBD at 6:30pm

Pigeon Forge-10/31/2015 Book signing at the Titanic Museum from 11:00am to 3:00pm

OMG they all look so young, Bo /Hope, Steve/ Kayla, Justin/Adrienne. But they also all look pretty much like they do today. They have all aged well, and if they have had work done apparently they've consulted Susan Lucci. (per some comments on the old TWoP boards Erica Kane was born in 1962, to which I responded "I am older than Erica Kane???")

• Love 3

Julie's dress was the prettiest.  Tom gave away a lot of brides.  Who was the lady getting married to Roman (??) with the candles.  That was a strange dress.  Jennifer looked beautiful.  They could have shown a lot of Sami's weddings LOL.