Type keyword(s) to search

Like Sand Through an Hourglass: Behind the Scenes of DOOL

Message added by Door County Cherry

The Behind The Scenes thread is not a spoiler thread.  So spoilers, including casting information, do not belong in here.  The "behind the scenes" information specifically related to casting should go in either the spoiler thread or the Salem International thread which discusses. departures and arrivals thread. 

• Start Topic

Lisa Rinna speaks on her hate for Robert Kelker Kelly

"I hated Robert Kelker-Kelly," Rinna said. "Hated him with a passion. He hated me with a passion. We were a volatile combination, and it looked like love and sexual chemistry on camera. That was some darn good acting right there."

http://www.welovesoaps.net/2015/12/days-of-our-lives-alum-lisa-rinna-i.html?m=1

Not surprised. Crystal Chappell almost filed a sexual harassment suit against him. Kristian Alfonso didn't like him neither which ultimately was the last straw for him which lead to Peter Reckell being brought back.

• Love 1

Lisa Rinna speaks on her hate for Robert Kelker Kelly http://www.welovesoaps.net/2015/12/days-of-our-lives-alum-lisa-rinna-i.html?m=1

Not surprised. Crystal Chappell almost filed a sexual harassment suit against him. Kristian Alfonso didn't like him neither which ultimately was the last straw for him which lead to Peter Reckell being brought back.

The KA part says all you need to know about RKK, since she and Peter Reckell are notorious for their deep dislike of one another. The fact that Kristian would rather have to interact with Peter that Robert, means that dealing with RKK must have been a nightmare.

• Love 4

The KA part says all you need to know about RKK, since she and Peter Reckell are notorious for their deep dislike of one another. The fact that Kristian would rather have to interact with Peter that Robert, means that dealing with RKK must have been a nightmare.

It also goes back to two things:

-If it aint broke dont fix it.

-And growing up.

In this type of business, you wont befriend or get along with everyone personally. But you find a way to make it work. Kristian probably tried with RKK, hell, he was on a good year and some months after she returned in 1994. But RKK had problems with ALL 3 LEADING LADIES. And once that happens it's time to go.

• Love 2

I hesitate to ask (because it'll sound like I'm judging) but did Judi Evans have work done on her nose, or is it that I'm used to seeing her heavier (circa AW)? She looks a little strange in all her pics...more like MBP almost!

It also goes back to two things:

-If it aint broke dont fix it.

-And growing up.

In this type of business, you wont befriend or get along with everyone personally. But you find a way to make it work. Kristian probably tried with RKK, hell, he was on a good year and some months after she returned in 1994. But RKK had problems with ALL 3 LEADING LADIES. And once that happens it's time to go.

There is also the issue of him getting with Mariam Parrish, who played Jaime when she was underage possibly which forced Allison Sweeney's parents to take her off Days until RKK was on his way out.  He and Mariam are still married to this day.

Who's MBP?

I meant the actress who plays Kayla...

And speaking of her, I find her ensemble in the publicity shots really sad. Black to cover her up because she isn't a size zero? To whoever said they don't know how to dress a regular woman, I think I finally agree. And that white collar? Looks like something a cartoon girl would wear...

But then I see the shots of Paige in hippy wear and I'm equally perplexed.

Edited by DisneyBoy

There is also the issue of him getting with Mariam Parrish, who played Jaime when she was underage possibly which forced Allison Sweeney's parents to take her off Days until RKK was on his way out.  He and Mariam are still married to this day.

I read somewhere that they are now divorced....

I love how little fucks Lisa Rinna has to give. I adore her. Can't help it.

Of course, it's easy when RKK is basically a nobody now. Kind of a shame though- I remember his 2001 Stavros turn, and he was great. It's a shame that his awful personality derailed his acting career.

I'm assuming he got divorced from Miriam because he needed a newer model, preferably circa 1996-1997.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 2

Other than him dating a younger woman, obviously a much much younger woman, what exactly was his attitude problem? I mean we're talking about it here as though we know for a fact he was treating everyone like crap. Was he? Obviously that story about him being a dink at the fan gathering points in that direction...

And if he really was so odious that Days wanted nothing to do with him, how did he get the gig on Another World and manage to stick around for what...a year and a half? They really didn't give up on his character, which surprises me if he was such a pain to work with. Bobby/Shane never made much sense, but they certainly didn't throw him under the bus when they could have early on.

Edited by DisneyBoy

Other than him dating a younger woman, obviously a much much younger woman, what exactly was his attitude problem? I mean we're talking about it here as though we know for a fact he was treating everyone like crap. Was he? Obviously that story about him being a dink at the fan gathering points in that direction...

And if he really was so odious that Days wanted nothing to do with him, how did he get the gig on Another World and manage to stick around for what...a year and a half? They really didn't give up on his character, which surprises me if he was such a pain to work with. Bobby/Shane never made much sense, but they certainly didn't throw him under the bus when they could have early on.

All comments/reports I have heard have centered on his being sexually inappropriate with his female co-stars, a fact that is somewhat supported by his relationship with his ex-wife. Every show that I am aware of RKK being on AW, Days, GH, there was always some behind the scenes story about his interactions with the females and threats of quitting on their part. The fact that similar stories seem to plague RKK is telling. While they could all be bull, I have yet to hear one woman or man for that matter defend him on any level, that also says something, because other reportedly difficult to deal with celebs have defenders, His status as persona non grata at two soaps screams "If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck..."

• Love 4

Wow...he must have really been handsy or leery or something...

http://www.welovesoaps.net/2013/09/robert-kelker-kelly-interview.html?m=1

This interview makes him seem nice enough, though a straight-shooter. He says Anne Heche was nuts and that his second Days contract fell apart during negotiations. Hmmmm.

Question: how and where do you guys find out and watch the deleted scenes that are cut from episodes? I regularly hear about seems that are cut for time on these boards. Does NBC post them online for the fans or something?

Edited by DisneyBoy

Heh - I remember when he started that gig, Linda Dano had an interview in which you could tell that she thought it was a really bad idea to hire him again, but that people can change and Jensen (Buchanan) liked him, so, best hopes! He was very popular with viewers on DAYS, so execs did hope that he'd learned his lesson and that he could boost AW's ratings. But because of his issues, they only hired him after he personally met with JB and she signed off. She grew to regret that, he alienated her like he alienated his other female costars before, which is why the show changed it so that Vicky/Jake were endgame instead of Vicky/Bobby/Shane, and fired RKK. And yeah, I know JB is not all sweetness and light herself, but unlike RKK she's been able to work on multiple shows for lengthy times without getting fired for personal problems with coworkers.

• Love 2

LOL - thank you for that insight! You know I never knew squat about AW drama before TWOP and the forums here. My thanks :) When Jensen (!) says you cause trouble and annoy, pack those bags! LOL Did she annoy only producers or the cast too?

Hard to believe Jake wasn't endgame after they reunited on the swings following his "death". That moment - and kiss - seemed like intense foreshadowing.

Wonder though why they bothered with the Shane Roberts twist if he was being a pain...how long was his contract?

And again - if the DAYS ladies called him a perv, why hire him?!

I really want to keep talking about AW - let's all go to the AW boards!!

• Love 3

OMG, William Shatner generally annoys the hell out of me, but I find this whole thing hilarious.

I'm calling it now William Shatner as John's father.  NBC might as well capitalize on this and get him to guest star.  The man has no shame I doubt he would say no. 

• Love 5

OMG, William Shatner generally annoys the hell out of me, but I find this whole thing hilarious.

I'm calling it now William Shatner as John's father.  NBC might as well capitalize on this and get him to guest star.  The man has no shame I doubt he would say no. 

I think that would be pretty cool, actually.  And loving the Twitter messages, as well.

• Love 2

That's actually weird because William Shatner's BFF is on GH playing Julian and he campaigns to get him on in a cameo

He is not actually BFF with him..He has been practically stalking him about being on General Hospital for months..It is actually very pathetic...

• Love 2

JJ's school friend who he got to pretend was his girlfriend.  I thought she was great.

She sure was.  Days generally does pretty well in the day player category, don' they?  She was another one I wish had stayed around.  

You all notice how Maxine is gone?  And T?  I'm pretty sure Maxine either has a pilot or a role somewhere else, not sure about T.....

Any of you folks know more about them?

• Love 1

She sure was.  Days generally does pretty well in the day player category, don' they?  She was another one I wish had stayed around.  

You all notice how Maxine is gone?  And T?  I'm pretty sure Maxine either has a pilot or a role somewhere else, not sure about T.....

Any of you folks know more about them?

Paloma Wright who plays Maxine is on the show Suits. They booked her for a season long arc.  She was at the Days 50th event.  She said she would love to come back. 

• Love 2

Paloma Wright who plays Maxine is on the show Suits. They booked her for a season long arc. She was at the Days 50th event. She said she would love to come back.

Good for her! I really like how she's managed to stay in the biz for so long. I remember her on shows in the 90s! Maxine should return but without any big explanation, as though she was always there busy at the hospital.

• Love 4

T was tied to the gays so he's gone. 

God, I hate this show.

Deidre Hall just confirmed in an interview by Jim Halterman that there is no Gay storyline on the horizon..Meng lied to us about it continuing and Christopher Sean has done his best to remain ambiguous about Paul's romantic life on the show....So for those who do not believe that Homophobia had something to do with Will's violent and disgusting death..Think again..Corday caved and pandered to the Homophobic fans of the show...What a fucking Coward! I cannot stand cowards and hypocrites...

CS has been quiet b/c he wants a job. Corday totally caved. 

If ya'll are wondering why we're getting a fucking love triangle between 3 characters over the age of 70...it's b/c that's what middle America wants. They want that and no gays.

Thanks, Corday. You suck.

• Love 4

The failed big by not even having T at Will's funeral. 

Johnny, Allie, Sydney, Belle, Carrie, Austin, Billie, Chelsea, Bill Horton, Mike Horton, Melissa, Sarah and Philip should have all been at his funeral...There should have been flashbacks paying homage to the Wilson romance and family..Heck they should have shown flashbacks of all of the Wills throughout his short life....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4

From the current plots thread:

I'm glad to see so many actors I remember, and really enjoyed--I'm even starting to tolerate Drake Hogestyn... Well, maybe not.

Hee! Honestly this is the first time in years that I'm liking Drake and Deidre. I think the outrageous plots the old writing regimes gave them through the 90s and beyond brought out the absolute worst tics in their acting. There was a point where the face swallowing and overly dramatic line delivery got so bad--especially acting opposite each other--that I couldn't even watch because they were so.over.the.top. I don't know what magic Josh Griffith & Co.'s have worked but Dee and Drake are actually watchable to me again.

• Love 2

Deidre Hall just confirmed in an interview by Jim Halterman that there is no Gay storyline on the horizon..Meng lied to us about it continuing and Christopher Sean has done his best to remain ambiguous about Paul's romantic life on the show....So for those who do not believe that Homophobia had something to do with Will's violent and disgusting death..Think again..Corday caved and pandered to the Homophobic fans of the show...What a fucking Coward! I cannot stand cowards and hypocrites...

Link please? I'd be interested to read it....

But yeah, wow...lame. I mean, it was the show's 50th Anniversary, and possibly one of its final years on the air and you go and backpeddle something ground-breaking and beautiful (Will's self-acceptance and finding love) to coddle your bigoted viewers?

For shame. And isn't there some Spoiler on the horizon about Paul getting some love? Is that all bunk to distract from this eradication of The Evol Gay?

Cripes. Let's now get rid of Abe too, just to appease the racists. ??!!??

Please remind me who T is again...

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 2

Link please? I'd be interested to read it....

But yeah, wow...lame. I mean, it was the show's 50th Anniversary, and possibly one of its final years on the air and you go and backpeddle something ground-breaking and beautiful (Will's self-acceptance and finding love) to coddle your bigoted viewers?

For shame. And isn't there some Spoiler on the horizon about Paul getting some love? Is that all bunk to distract from this eradication of The Evol Gay?

Cripes. Let's now get rid of Abe too, just to appease the racists. ??!!??

Please remind me who T is again...

I will try to find the link...T was Will's childhood friend who worked at TBD with Sonny...He was also the one to express homophobic views, when Sonny came to town and told everybody that he was Gay...T has been around since the time of Mophead Will....He grew up with Will...

• Love 1

Yea them he became very close to Sonny as well as Will. He was kinda all in that group and I think he had a crush on Gabi and was rejected. I'm not sure but he mixed with JJ occasionally.

He was suppose to have a date with Gabi but Nick planted doubts in his head and he cancelled. Then Gabi confessed to Nick's murder. T and Gabi had a wonderful scene just before she headed to prison. I was thinking they could rekindle that but after the gaynocide, there's no need for T...plus this possible JJ/Gabi pairing seems to be where they're going now. 

I love T. He was great. He was the voice of homophobia at first then became accepting then besties with both Will/Sonny. His bachelor party for them was hilarious.

• Love 5