Type keyword(s) to search

Like Sand Through an Hourglass: Behind the Scenes of DOOL

Message added by Door County Cherry

The Behind The Scenes thread is not a spoiler thread.  So spoilers, including casting information, do not belong in here.  The "behind the scenes" information specifically related to casting should go in either the spoiler thread or the Salem International thread which discusses. departures and arrivals thread. 

• Start Topic

If that is  true then Ken Corday is even more stupid than I thought..He could have used Jennifer Aniston as guest star on the show and promote her appearance to attract more viewers  to the show...He could have had an adventure story that uses the cast and use Jennifer in that storyline..What a waste!

• Love 1

The cast of Days is in Atlanta to day for a fan's event....The twins who play Arianna are still taping, so my dreams of Wilson leaving together as a family has vanished..I wonder how they are going to write out Sonny and Freddie...I think that they will recast. I have a feeling that they are going to put Will and Paul together..I have to say that Sean is a beautiful man...Wow! He is truly stunning...

• Love 1

Theresa.  With the poker.  In the Kmansion.  Jenn Lilly is amazing and has such a sense of humor about her role.  Sliding down Gram's banister and diving in the bushes, lmfao.  Almost as good as the rap she did with Ann. 

• Love 3

Does anybody know what episodes the show submitted for Best  Daytime drama? I hope that they put the Wilson wedding..It was perfect from start to finish..I did not even mind that the women were dressed to look like the mothers of Solid gold dancers...lol...

• Love 2

Well, the most interesting bit from that is that in March 2014 an actor was accused of inappropriate behavior with another actor's daughter. Hmmm. Any actors depart soon after?

And March 2014 growth in young women was attributed to the gay love story and a teen love story now heating up - that would be JJ/Paige, right? So clearly the smart thing to do was introduce an icky affair between JJ and Eve...

• Love 2

The first actor to play Ben.  He was gone after 13 weeks.

He also was pissing off alot of the crew and cast members as well with his bad attitude. That was one of the reasons that he got let go...

Judi Evans has been put on contract.

I knew it..It was a matter of time...I told you guys that Higley loves the Kiriakis family...I hope they bring back their other sons....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

Have they started taping the 50th Anniversary shows yet? It's weird the actual anniversary is in November. They tape about five months ahead and they will be doing press for it months after taping it. I hate the DOOL taping schedule . LOL!!!

• Love 1

Freddie's speech was awesome...He thanked Wally, Judy, Guy, Christopher, Ken Corday ..He also thanked the LGBT community....I did not realize that he has a high pitch voice, he does not sound like Sonny at all...He looked so handsome..Guy was so excited when he won his award....It was so cute, you would think that he had won the Emmy..I love their friendship....The show was okay...Tyra was all wrong as the hostess...She made it all about herself..Those who watch America's next top model know what I mean..Ellen should have been the hostess...Deidre Hall was divine in her blue dress..I loved the days of our lives montage with their couples and I also loved seeing the cast together on stage... I am glad that Ali lost, and she looked very pissed that she had lost...The episode that she submitted was awful. She should have submitted the episode  where she confronted Ej in jail and Abigail at home. Ali was beautiful. Camila was robbed of an Emmy...Eileen Davidson was gorgeous.....Wow....She is like fine wine.....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3

For some reason, the daytime Emmys can never find the right host or even try. The show was a big improvement over prior years though. I thought the anniversary tribute was well done and it was nice to see the cast together. I thought Kristian Alfonso looked amazing. I guess Freddie didn't know the Emmys were airing on TV. Otherwise, he might have shaved and had a better suit on. Looked a little wrinkly to me.

• Love 2

I did not like Guy's suit either..It made him look chunky..He should have worn a tailored suit...He was going crazy when Freddie won.The ladies of Days were just gorgeous...All of them....Why can't the show make them all look like that every day....lol

• Love 1

I  am glad that the show won for best drama and the Wilson wedding was a part of that...I liked seeing Roman and Diana together. Drake had a nice moment with Genie Francis...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

Justin Gaston?

Even though the timing works, I'm not sure that an outsider would use "inappropriate" for that unless the daughter is really young, I think the actor might be older. Also, given that they say "potential" it may be something they wanted to sweep under the rug.

Lindsey was hot..I wonder how Justin and his girlfriend felt seeing her there..I always liked her as Arianna and I loved her chemistry with EJ...Another missed opportunity for Days...I wanted them to get together just to see Sami  and Rafe's head explode....

• Love 2

From the SOD about Alison Sweeney/Sami:

AS starts taping on Days next week on May 6.

AS says: She's hoping when Sami returns, people will sigh and remember "yup that's the Sami I know and love or love-to-hate," not the one where fans grimace in frustration but she realizes she can't please everybody.

• Love 3

Rumors are saying that Freddie and Sonny may be back sooner and rather than later. That is why they have chosen not to recast at this time..I want to see Will and Sparkle without Sonny for a while..Especially Will who has depended on Sonny since their baby was born. He is the head of that family and I am curious to see Will and Ari without him..Freddie said that he was happy with how Sonny left Salem..We will see...lol...I want to see Sparkle without his obsession over Sonny..I hope that they dont make Will and Sparkle lovers...Since this show loves to do the worst stories in life..They will be playing house with Gaby when she comes out..Just in time for Sonny to come back and all hell will break loose....

There are rumors that Higley  wants the show to start airing their material and bypassing the five months of story that the bad writers wrote.They want Corday to issue an apology to the fans and start airing the new material ASAP....

• Love 4

There are rumors that Higley  wants the show to start airing their material and bypassing the five months of story that the bad writers wrote.They want Corday to issue an apology to the fans and start airing the new material ASAP....

I'm not holding my breath that Higley's writing is going to be any better than what we're seeing now.  She's failed on Days before - was it twice?  And she was TERRIBLE on One Life to Live.

I'm past believing that this recycling of failed writers will necessariy be for the good.

But I do hope.

• Love 4

So do I. 

Watching the clips (quoted below) makes me miss 80s soaps so damn bad.  The actors, the stories, the location shoots, the larger sets - everything.

Reading through the leaked emails (also below), why do these network idiots think they will keep an audience with "low cost info/talk shows?"  I do not watch talk shows, have no desire to watch talk shows, and will not watch any talk show that would replace Days if the person referred to in the emails has his way.  There are far too many of them on the air now, and I'd dance like Elaine Benes in front of a crowd if the whole stupid genre up and died tomorrow.

Ken Corday's top three moments.  Apparently he has enough functioning brain cells to realize the stories from the 80s were good.

http://www.tvinsider.com/article/1460/50-years-of-days-of-our-lives-ken-corday-top-three-moments/

More leaked emails.

http://www.serialscoop.com/2015/04/days-of-our-lives-renewal-inappropriate.html

• Love 2
(edited)

I hope that Josh and Higley are good. The cast seem to be really excited...I have a feeling that the network has stepped in and told Ken Corday to back off and let the writers tell their stories and show respect to the vets..I am hoping that they did that...Ken Corday is the worst....Anybody that thinks that Daniel is a leading male has serious problems...I thought it was ironic that all of the couples that he has destroyed over the years were featured in the montage at the EMMYS. Jack and Jennifer, Will and Sonny, Steve and Kayla,  Lucas and Sami, Sami and EJ, John and Marlena, Kim and Shane and Bo and Hope.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3

Here is a photo gallery of DOOL cast members, both current and former, at the 19th Annual DOOL James Reynolds Celebrity Basketball Game.

It's nice seeing Nadia (Chloe), Rachel (Chelsea), and Shelley (Stephanie) again.

Here is a photo gallery of DOOL cast members, both current and former, at the 19th Annual DOOL James Reynolds Celebrity Basketball Game.

It's nice seeing Nadia (Chloe), Rachel (Chelsea), and Shelley (Stephanie) again.

Really sweet.  I was never a fan of Daniel and Chelsea but that shot of Shawn Christian and Rachel Melvin was really nice to see.  They actually look age appropriate, lol.

If Sonny's mother is going to get more screen time can they please tone her down? She's so annoying.

I agree.  It's amazing to me that this is the same actress who played the wonderful Paulina on Another World.  I LOVED Paulina.  I have issues with Sonny's mother.  Clearly, the problem isn't Judi Evans, who is still putting her all into lousy lines and arcs.

This article is probably old news to you guys and gals by now but I just read it...

http://soapcentral.com/yr/news/2015/0323-davidson.php

...and it sounds like Eileen (politely) felt the Kristin/Eric and Baby Drama went off into crazy town.  She doesn't go so far as to say it, but reading between the lines, there's a sort of "what are they doing??  Oh well!  LOL" attitude to her last two DAYS stints.

I'm bummed she got involved in Real Housewives - I would have thought that beneath her - but hopefully she won't go back, and DAYS will think up a better way to use Kristin moving forward.

Cause she's alive.  ALIVE!

• Love 2