Type keyword(s) to search

Like Sand Through an Hourglass: Behind the Scenes of DOOL

Message added by Door County Cherry

The Behind The Scenes thread is not a spoiler thread.  So spoilers, including casting information, do not belong in here.  The "behind the scenes" information specifically related to casting should go in either the spoiler thread or the Salem International thread which discusses. departures and arrivals thread. 

• Start Topic

(edited)

It really is. They were renewed for a year and already have half a year's episodes in the can. How many days a week do they work with the current production schedule? It's shouldn't be more than three.

From what Jason47 said, they will be back working on April 4th which means instead of 6 months ahead they will be 5 months. Feb 26th was the cast and crew last day doing 6 months (hence they have shot enough material up until August before the Olympics). Then production/cast goes on summer break during the Olympics in August so that will be 4 ½ months.

Edited by BlackMamba

I'm sorry but Abby, as played by KM, is not:  "young and innocent, yet she's mature for her age because of the obstacles she's already had to overcome in her life and her lack of a fatherly influence. She's compassionate, loyal, cares deeply for her family and has a joyful spirit that makes her even more attractive to everyone she meets."

Seriously, who wrote this character description?

• Love 8

This is horrible news. I was hoping since a replacement hadn't been announced that they'd killed Abigail dead. Damn.

Maybe Abifail will have a mental breakdown and we won't see her again until November Sweeps. *rollseyes* Horrible. Besides the writing for character, I pray they can put an actress in who can act. Because, my goodness, seeing KM has been hard 4yrs.

I'm sorry but Abby, as played by KM, is not:  "young and innocent, yet she's mature for her age because of the obstacles she's already had to overcome in her life and her lack of a fatherly influence. She's compassionate, loyal, cares deeply for her family and has a joyful spirit that makes her even more attractive to everyone she meets."

Seriously, who wrote this character description?

Maybe it will be the new Abby because we know it's not KM's version.  

• Love 1

Can they actually get someone who looks like they could have been produced by Missy Reeves and Matthew Ashford? Seeing such uber-WASPy people having a daughter who looks Latina or Italian was just weird.

Oh none of this! I'm not crazy about KM as an actress but this unnecessary.

The people in charge wasted money on getting the Crabs wedding featured in Glamour when they could have used that money to build some new sets.

Right! lolll. I bet her dress cost most than all the sets they have on the show.

Is Pretty Little Liars going to be cancelled? Maybe they can get Ashley Benson to reprise the Abigail role. I didn't hate the character as much when she played her, anyway.

Doubt it. Based off her IMDB page she several projects lined up for 2016.

• Love 1

The people in charge wasted money on getting the Crabs wedding featured in Glamour when they could have used that money to build some new sets. 

I'd settle for frakkin' LIGHTBULBS!!!!

• Love 5

I wish Kelley Missal was old enough to play Abigail. She was good as Dani on OLTL. But she's only 22.

Or if Show wants to stick with how KM has consistently portrayed Abigail, they could go with Gilbert Gottfried, Carrot Top, Adam Sandler or Henery Hawk in drag.  

And there's any number of unemployed Wild Kingdom creatures....

Possibilities are endless...

• Love 4

Or if Show wants to stick with how KM has consistently portrayed Abigail, they could go with Gilbert Gottfried, Carrot Top, Adam Sandler or Henery Hawk in drag.

And there's any number of unemployed Wild Kingdom creatures....

Possibilities are endless...

Honey they just might!

• Love 1

From the linked article, the word of Corday:

"I wrote him a two-page letter just thanking him for basically pulling us out of the bubbling pot," he shares. "The show was about to go over the edge, into the abyss, and he and Dena together pulled us out and made the anniversary show in November a big show and made a lot of story from that. They did it right. They turned the show around."

Good Lord -- how many metaphors is he mixing in three sentences? No wonder the writing on the show is so abysmal.

• Love 4

Tobin Bell is only 11 years older than Drake Hogestyn.  Also, I need somebody to explain to me how somebody born in 1942 was old enough to fight in the Korean War.  :/

I've had to suspend my belief so many times over the years..especially most recently with all the SORASing of the teen scene. I gave the show a pass a long time ago with Tony /Stefano. (I believe JM is about 15/16 years older than TP) because I always enjoyed their dynamic.

And just think, Claire is technically old enough to have a kid of her own if she were a teen mom. Which would then make Hope a great grandma. She's only a few years older than me, and I'm still raising kids under age 15.

• Love 2

Oh so the show let the queen of days write her own wedding vows for Abifail. sighs.]

So, was that a KM's parting gift? I guess it's better than a kick in the pants.

So, if her post-Days career flops, and they've recasted the character....then KM can return as a writer?

Ugh.

• Love 1

So, was that a KM's parting gift? I guess it's better than a kick in the pants.

So, if her post-Days career flops, and they've recasted the character....then KM can return as a writer?

Ugh.

Honey, don't put that in the ether. That could happen yknow

• Love 1

Why didn't BF get to write his vows?

Maybe let the writers do they job and plus KM is producer favorite so they allowed her to show her creativity. Which is bs because it took Alison Sweeney 20 yrs before she got to direct for Days but here is Miss Girl gets a writing credit that will be added to her IMDB.

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 4

Maybe let the writers do they job and plus KM is producer favorite so they allowed her to show her creativity. Which is bs because it took Alison Sweeney 20 yrs before she got to direct for Days but here is Miss Girl gets a writing credit that will be added to her IMDB.

The best thing that will ever happen to Kate Mansi is for her to get out in the real world and away from the delusions of Days' writers, producers and Chabby fans.  Then she'll learn just how talented and wonderful she truly isn't and how limited her abilities actually are.  

I'm also kind of waiting to see if she made the final Emmy cut for Best Actress-that hasn't come out yet has it?

• Love 5