Type keyword(s) to search

S26.E03: #MurphysLaw (Phuket, Thailand)

• Start Topic

I don't really understand how it took the earlier teams so long to get to the airport.  Jelani & Jenny left around 4:40pm, yet by the time they got to the airport it was dark and the counters were closed?  That makes no sense.  How long would it take them to get to the airport, and how early did the counters close?

• Love 1
(edited)

"Your listening skills are subpar."   Yes.   Thank you.   However, you did not have to keep harping on it.   Yes, you were right, he was wrong.   Move on.   You telling him to keep listening to him repeatedly will only cause him to tune you out more.   

Awwww. an Amazing Mat proposal.   That was beautiful.   The spontaneous giving of the date night was cute too.   See, I like that much better than hearing if the blind date couples are sharing a room or not.   

But seriously, are they running out of original tasks -- let's dance again.   I think Team Truckstop had that one right.

Edited by merylinkid
  • Love 17

Well, I missed the premiere and the second episode, but I got this one.   So this is my first episode to experience Laura.  Hooooo boy, I feel sorry for the guy she's teamed up with.

Other than that, we got a drag review!  Yay!  And a proposal!  Yay!

READ EVERYTHING PEOPLE.  The menu isn't up there for your health.  It's there for a reason! 

Fun detour, but lack of a roadblock didn't make it that interesting.  Still not sure what to make of the "ladyboy" task other than some of the men will never appear on Drag Race. 

Mazol Tov, Hairstylists.  More importantly, I salute you in managing to getting that ring through customs.  If the ring was in the fanny pack, I can see why he was losing it.   That was certainly one the most busiest moments at the Amazing Mat.

And color me shocked at the very early presence of the non elimination so early.  The NKOTB fans are thrilled.  But they better pray there is a HOO next leg or they're pretty much done for.

• Love 3

Yay!  I was REALLY hoping this would be a non-elimination leg, and once I saw that Harley and Jonathan weren't there for the proposal, I knew it had to be (since in the commercial they were talking about how amazing something was, and it lead you to think they were talking about the proposal instead of the non-elim).

I liked the proposal, Matt and Ashley have grown on me.  And I know they were anxious about the fanny pack because of their passports, etc. but I think Matt was also anxious about it because it looks like that's where he was keeping the ring.  I loved that Bergen and Kurt gave them the Date Night, that was really sweet.  Although Bergen made me sad, that he really wants love and was hoping to find it (and it's pretty obvious that he and Kurt may be friends but nothing more).

I'm not sure if they changed whoever planned the detours this race, but they've really seemed uneven.  I know only two teams tried the wakeboarding one, but if the Olympic athletes couldn't do it after ten tries, there was really no chance anyone else could do it.

I don't blame Hayley for being upset with Blair for not listening to her, but she really needed to let it go after a few complaints.  Saying it over and over wasn't changing anything and was getting annoying.

• Love 8

This was quite the shake-up on teams' places.  It looks like Mike and Rochelle might've hit their stride.  I'm starting to like them.

Who didn't see the NEL coming a mile away?

The tree Detour was interesting to me.  At least the teams who tried the other Detour were wise enough to leave when they couldn't do it. 

The ladyboy Road Block was definitely different, and quite funny.

It looks like the stress is finally getting to the blind date racers.

Even though the "love" stuff is wearing thin, congrats to Matt and Ashley!

• Love 1

Any guesses as to how far back Jonathan and Harley are?  Are we just delaying the inevitable?  

Also, the surfing task looked ridiculously difficult.  I thought maybe the guy controlling the ropes would go easier on later attempts, but it doesn't appear that he did.  

And Hayley, you were right, but you were also damned annoying.  

• Love 3

OMG that voice.  I had to yell at the TV to "SHUTUP"!!! 

Again I liked the tasks although I'm sick of the dancing ones.  This one was ok due to the fact that the men had to dress as women.

I loved the proposal and I'm glad it was a couple already dating.  No wonder he was dying that he left the fanny pack.  I bet the ring was in it.

I feel bad for Bergen(?).  It was nice to give the date night but I wish he'd have found somebody instead of his twin.

• Love 4
(edited)

Figured it was a non-elimination when the last place pairing was so glaringly obvious. I like Jonathan and his partner though so I'm happy that they get to stick around. Okay, I'm sorry, I'm happy for Ashley and Matt, but I'm not here for all this relationship/romance stuff. And Bergern boo-hooing because he wanted to find love on the race and didn't was ridiculous.

One, he seemed to forget what they said at the start of this leg, that while they had no romantic chemistry, at best they made a friend and that's not a bad thing. But more importantly, even if he'd been paired up with someone that he did have romantic chemistry with, he couldn't possibly think it would have ended up in an engagement by the end of the race right? The hell...

Okay, I need Blair and Hayley to last till the end because they are hilarious. While I was with Hayley at the beginning because it does seem like Blair was just dismissing her very valid questions which turned out to be correct but woman would just NOT let it freaking go. I loved Jelani's expression while Hayley was just blabbering on and on. And I cracked up at Blair calling her his "co-worker" when he was waiting for her to bring the food. I would say I'm impressed with how Blair just silently stood by and said nothing during all her ranting and raving, but I'm half convinced he'd just tuned her out after awhile and stopped hearing.

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 10

Anybody else fighting the urge to make generalizations about Thailand?

This would've been a nightmare leg for me. I'm not athletic, so I can't wakeboard. I'm not used to heights and zip lines (does seeing that one South Park episode count?), so that's a nightmare. And I'm not extroverted enough to get done up and dance. I would've laid in wait on Jelani & Jenny and mugged them for their Express Pass.

Anybody else whoop when Harley & Jonathan got non-eliminated? I hate boy bands, and I'm not fond of most stuntcast teams, but Jonathan really wanted to be there. Who am I to poop on his dream? Also fun: Mike & Rochelle winning the leg. They're easy to pick out of the crowd for me, and they ran a good leg.

Cheeseball maneuver by Matt to propose to Ashely. Great that they can stick further out of the herd, but it's a corny move. I'm guessing that Bert & Elise wet themselves when they found out about it, either through interviews or the act itself. Seeing how they finished sixth despite making mistakes, I guess they're in it for the long haul. Maybe they can get Jonathan to sing at their wedding, since he and Harley were the only ones not at the proposal.

Man, shut UP, Hayley! It's not that she's wrong about stuff, but it's her voice that grates. I'm probably would be closer to snapping on her than Blair at this point.

Good episode. Still can't tell most of the Racers apart, but at least there were some good scenes and nice monkey action. Also, I think this was the second straight episode with a 7-Eleven. Minimum, it's the second time in three episodes. Don't ask me why I see that.

ETA: Nice that the blind dates aren't working out, in the sense that throwing stuff on the wall to see what sticks sometimes doesn't work. Bergen & Kurt handing over their Date Night to the hairstylists was a class move, and they don't have an awkward eat/sleep/mingle period between legs.

• Love 3

Of all the reasons I could have been down on this season, I really didn't think it was going to be the race planners.

Hayley and Blair are obnoxious, but otherwise most of these teams are somewhere between not offensive and genuinely likeable.  Matt and Ashley look like they're going to be a big obnoxious jerk and his girlfriend but they're genuinely sweet.  And they're not good racers, but they're sort of lovably goofy and incompetent.

But let's talk about race planning.  AGAIN the Detour was hilariously lopsided.  That's not good.  No Roadblock.  A second choreography task in three legs.  Not good at all.  And you've got wacky thing, generic thing, grossly stereotypical thing as the tasks.  Ugh.  Not happy with this leg, even though I mostly like this cast.

• Love 7

One thing that stuck out to me.... the happy dog, then the guy on the zipline saying something about dinner being served. Don't ask me why that's the one thing I remember the most. But, it is. And Lantern I'm noticing the 7-11s also and wondering if they are a sponsor.

When Matt was freaking out (understandably) over having left the fanny pack behind, I thought Ashley's attitude was wonderful (especially in comparison to Hayley's harping earlier, and I even said aloud that he ought to marry her.  And then he proposed.  And then I wondered if the editors played me.  Still, nice moment.  I wish them well.

Did someone (Matt?) actually try to fish liquid out of soup after spilling it into the soup, or did I hallucinate?

• Love 1

ElleryAnne . . . nope, that wasn't a hallucination. Matt spilled his champagne, and tried to scoop it up from the soup. I think Ashley pointed out a chive in his glass.

ETA: Anybody else weirded out that we went from Fitbits for Jelani & Jenny last week to a trip to Prague for Mike & Rochelle? I don't think the prizes are altered for blind date couples, but it is an odd leap.

• Love 3
(edited)
I loved the proposal and I'm glad it was a couple already dating.  No wonder he was dying that he left the fanny pack.  I bet the ring was in it.

Great observation! I bet the show would've been pissed if they hadn't found that fanny pack. I gotta believe they knew in advance that he was going to do this. Still, it was lovely and heartfelt.

I'm disappointed for my blind friends, Jeleny and Jennifer. Looks like things are going on the down slide for them. Hope they get their mojo back soon.

As for the doctor and nurse, I was -- at first -- in enormous sympathy with him because she kept harping on at him about not listening. However, when she brought up how doctors don't listen to nurses and they are the ones to spot mistakes and draw attention to them, I was on board with her. I'm not a nurse, but I've heard enough about this to know it is dead on right,

Edited by Nidratime
  • Love 11

Welll....

1.  Glad that Jonathan and Harley are still in it.. I like them but they'll have to do some major hustling unless there is an HOO (interestingly there WAS an HOO just that they got screwed flight wise- I was almost afraid they'd be eliminated in the airport like the poor NFL guys were)

2.  Oh.. dear... gaaah.. Hayley... please please turn your voice OFF. I get that you are annoyed at Blair but quit bringing it up (and it looks like she will continue to do so next leg from the previews).  Yeesh.

3.  Nice proposal but it reminded me of the last time somebody proposed on TAR lol.  Are they still together?

4. Yikes the detours were.. challenging for sure but a bit unbalanced.  Did whoever spill his champagne into the soup  then scooped it out get nailed for it?  Seems like he did in the later shots.  I want to do the zip line though!

5.  Still not a fan of truckstoplove but congrats to them for winning.  At least we know now that they are giving away trips.

6.  Poor Kurt- Yes I get he was hoping for love but it sounds like  both have accepted it ain't gonna happen (since both like big muscular men anyway) but will still be good friends.

Um.. what else...Oh yes the best part... in the beginning at the airport the little tyke running pell mell and his mother chasing after him lol.   And "I'm a water mushroom"

• Love 3
(edited)

I'm weirded out by the show showing us sleeping arrangements for the stranger teams. I don't want to see the Bachelor. Stop it show right this instance!

I think that Hayley and Blair are perfect for each other. Equally annoying.

Edited by TiredMe
  • Love 7

4. Yikes the detours were.. challenging for sure but a bit unbalanced.  Did whoever spill his champagne into the soup  then scooped it out get nailed for it?  Seems like he did in the later shots.  I want to do the zip line though!

No, after Matt looked at it he said something like "this won't work" and went back down for another glass of champagne.

Also, it was Bergen that was so upset after the proposal, not Kurt.

• Love 2

Thank you -  I missed that part with Matt.

And oops You'd think I'd know but I'm terrible with faces for the most part and easily confuse people on a regular basis lol.  I still like Bergen and Kurt. 

Also noticed that so far the two gay couples were the ones to win the Date Night reward even though Bergen and Kurt gave theirs away.

• Love 1

Bergen boo-hooing because he wanted to find love on the race and didn't was ridiculous.

I don't disagree with this (the reaction crossed my mind too), but on reflection I'm inclined to cut him some slack. Gay people who have (whether through isolation, like him, or coming out later, like a number of people I know including me) not started dating till their 20s (or later) are essentially beginning their teenage dating years at that point -- experiencing interest, rejection, disappointment, etc., for the first time and having the immature reactions of someone who hasn't built up life experience yet. So yes, the rational and irrational side of his mind are in conflict, and I bet he wishes he hadn't had that "moment" on national TV... but I've had moments like that (seeing a happy couple and thinking "it'll never happen for me") at an inappropriate time, so I'll let it pass.

I chuckled at Harley and Jonathan wryly muttering "let's make 'the gays' proud." They had mixed feelings about it, as I would, but there's the task and they did it.

• Love 16
2.  Oh.. dear... gaaah.. Hayley... please please turn your voice OFF. I get that you are annoyed at Blair but quit bringing it up (and it looks like she will continue to do so next leg from the previews).  Yeesh.

Well I think she's bringing it up because he's still doing the same thing.  And both last episode and this episode, when she asked him to listen to her, she was right.  Her voice was annoying but there is nothing more frustrating than being dismissed because someone has it in their heads that they must be smarter than you are.  Blair may have more schooling but I do think Hayley has the potential to be quite the racer in that she seems more deliberating while considering her next move whereas I get the sense that Blair operates on instinct.

6.  Poor Kurt- Yes I get he was hoping for love but it sounds like  both have accepted it ain't gonna happen (since both like big muscular men anyway) but will still be good friends.

That was just weird to me.  He really thought he might find love on a stressful, international blind date?  Really?  Besides Jackie and her partner, none of the blind date couples look as they have much tolerance for the conceit of the show.

That said, I do think The Amazing Race fell onto something enjoyable in this twist which I didn't expect.  It's a little awkward having Phil ask if anyone has found love (and I'm hoping he'll eventually drop that) but it is so interesting to watch the dynamics of two strangers forced to become a team.  The tag line for the season should be "Watch what happens when two strangers stop being polite, and start getting real."

• Love 7

I liked the tasks in this episode. They were challenging and hard to do. I wouldn't have picked the water skiing from the simple fact I'm never good at it and know I would flop. The zip line just looked like tons of fun minus holding all the food. I tell ya Haley was annoying to Blair, he had more restraint than me cause I would have told her to STFU, I get it, I made a mistake in not putting all the food on the tray.

That one guy who spilled the champagne into the soup and then tried to scoop it back into the glass was just so stupid, and really thought he was gonna get away with that, good thing he went back before attempting to do it.

It did have that non elimination leg feeling as I was watching it. The way that they were filming Jonathan & Harley the way they were, I said they weren't going to be eliminated.

I thought the comment from one of the heterosexual males -- "Are they going to cut off my nuts? Is that what's next?" -- was kind of amusing. Don't remember who said it but they did so just as they were entertaining the club to do their dance as a show"girl."

I don't disagree with this (the reaction crossed my mind too), but on reflection I'm inclined to cut him some slack. Gay people who have (whether through isolation, like him, or coming out later, like a number of people I know including me) not started dating till their 20s (or later) are essentially beginning their teenage dating years at that point -- experiencing interest, rejection, disappointment, etc., for the first time and having the immature reactions of someone who hasn't built up life experience yet. So yes, the rational and irrational side of his mind are in conflict, and I bet he wishes he hadn't had that "moment" on national TV... but I've had moments like that (seeing a happy couple and thinking "it'll never happen for me") at an inappropriate time, so I'll let it pass.

I get all that but I thought Kurt was the one who has never had a boyfriend, never really dated anyone ever because he comes from such a very small, conservative town. I haven't gotten any indication that Bergern has never had a relationship, unless I missed it so that's why I was especially surprised by his reaction. I think I would have been more understanding had it been Kurt because of all the reasons you stated - he never really had that experience so probably came in with too high expectations.

• Love 1

Best episode of the season so far. Both detour tasks were hard, and I completely missed that the cabaret task was not a Roadblock.

I don't understand why the teams didn't spend their night in the airport researching their flight options to Thailand. The mad scramble to the ticket counters the next morning seemed weird to me.

Of course, it appeared that TPTB gave them all (except for NKOTB team) a date night once they got to Thailand. It looked like they were comped for dinner and drinks and rooms for the night. It was like an extended 2 country pitstop with a lot of time to ESM.

If you follow Phil on Twitter -- Did anyone else notice that he spoiled the NEL about half way through the episode? Someone asked if the producers decided on the bunching after arriving in Thailand at the last minute to allow for the last team to catch up. And Phil answered no, because non elimination legs are decided in advance.

Blair and Hayley -- my immediate reaction was that it is usually the nurses that point out a doctor's "mistakes" for lack of a better word. At least with the nurses I know, they seem to be very thorough. So I wasn't surprised that Blair dismissed Hayley AGAIN. I really hope he starts listening to her but I don't think it will happen.

• Love 1
(edited)

They did one at the mat with Phil, after Matt proposed and all the teams (except for Jonathan and Harley) were all bunched together. By the way, anyone else thinks it's great that Libya and CJ left last leg because can you imagine her reaction if she'd been there when Matt proposed while she's still waiting for that ring, ten years later? Might not have been pretty for CJ.

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 19

Why did Jeff and Jackie share a room?

Narita Airport shuts down at night?  I'm shocked. And the flights to Phuket arrive late at night after the airport just opened?  Weird.

It was funny having the camera upside down in the upside down house.

"Why was all that stuff on the menu?"  smh  And Haley? stfu  Why were some of the zip liners carrying punch and others had champagne?

Far too many homophobic comments in the ladyboy challenge.  I was not amused.

Rochelle didn't annoy me tonight.

God, Kurt, raaaaaaaace!

#FreeBlair

• Love 1

Anybody else put off by the lack of Phil narration at the start of the legs? It's one of the things that puts him apart from Probst . . . his ability to tell a locale's story at episode's beginning. Now we get Racers and hotel arrangements.

Ducky . . . there was a group shot at the end with the teams and Phil, but I don't know if it was a selfie.

• Love 3
(edited)

Why did Jeff and Jackie share a room?

Narita Airport shuts down at night?  I'm shocked. And the flights to Phuket arrive late at night after the airport just opened?  Weird.

It appeared to me that the blind date racers were given the choice of sharing or not - Jelani and Jenny chose separate rooms, Jeff and Jackie chose to share.

I don't believe they were flying out of Narita - they were in Nagano, not Tokyo.  From doing some research, it looks like the closest airport to Nagano is still over an hour away, so I guess that explains some of the problems with the racers getting there and the counters were closed. (I guess...still not sure why they would have been closed by 7pm, if the racers went straight to the airport)  And if they went to Narita instead, it definitely explains it (though not why they took a cab to Narita, since that's over a three hour drive away).  Did they go take a train back to Tokyo and then to Narita, or did they fly out of the airport close to Nagano (Matsumoto)?  I already deleted the episode so I can't go back and double check, to see if they showed which airport they did fly out of.

Edited by kris4n6
Ducky . . . there was a group shot at the end with the teams and Phil, but I don't know if it was a selfie.

The thing that guy in the street was holding the clues on was a "selfie stick" that they were given.  I'm pretty sure the shot at the end was taken using one of those.

I do think that Hayley went on too long, but I honestly think it was unfortunately about more than that one thing.  Based on what happened in the first episode when Blair didn't listen to her when she thought they were going the wrong way, this seems like Blair doesn't listen to her often enough that on top of him being a doctor and her being a nurse, this is no doubt bringing up something she deals with a lot at work.   No, it's not fair that Blair had to be the recipient of what she's dealt with in her career, but on the other hand, if he has been ignoring her say-so when she's been right and he's been wrong (as we've already seen twice) than I can understand her building frustration finally reaching a boiling point.  And, of course, the show would choose to show the dramatics of this to the audience.

He could also have ended it by a quick, "I'm sorry. I got caught up in the race. I'll try and listen better next time." Instead of that smug, stony, silence and 'superior' expression. I may be misjudging Blair, but I don't think he's the 'innocent' party in this. Next week should be entertaining. It looks like the blind daters' politeness, has run out as the stress has amped up . . . and they don't have the benefit of quick forgiveness and understanding that comes with a more established relationship.

• Love 15

There was a clear camera shot of Narita Airport. Big green sign.

Thank you.  At least that makes sense as to why they didn't get there before the counters closed.  I'm surprised not one team went to a travel agency, though, on their way to the airport.  I'm guessing they cut out parts with them taking a train and then a cab, I don't think the show would have given them enough money to take a cab 3+ hours.

I don't really understand how it took the earlier teams so long to get to the airport.  Jelani & Jenny left around 4:40pm, yet by the time they got to the airport it was dark and the counters were closed?  That makes no sense.  How long would it take them to get to the airport, and how early did the counters close?

Google Maps says Nagano to Narita Airport is three hours by bullet train or four hours by road, so it would have been around 8:00 or 9:00 when they got there and the cameras started rolling, assuming they didn't get lost or delayed en route. From what I can find, there are only a few departures that late in the evening, so it doesn't seem unreasonable that most of the ticket counters would have shut down by then.

The pit stop length seemed a little odd, given that it meant that everyone had to spend the night and most of the next day at the airport and they weren't even bunched up. I'm also surprised that they didn't try to reserve a block of seats, considering that it ended up resulting in one team arriving more than 12 hours behind the first teams.

(edited)

Anybody else put off by the lack of Phil narration at the start of the legs? It's one of the things that puts him apart from Probst . . . his ability to tell a locale's story at episode's beginning. Now we get Racers and hotel arrangements.

I'm missing it, too. It does make the beginnings seem 'off' a bit. And I don't think we even got the compensation of Phil crossing paths with the teams at a challenge.

I feel like an old fuddy-duddy because every time they change something on this show even the tiniest little bit, I don't like it. Geez, I'm just starting to get used to the updated theme music and that's been around for 5 or 6 years, hasn't it?

Edited by Quilt Fairy
  • Love 7

Google Maps says Nagano to Narita Airport is three hours by bullet train or four hours by road, so it would have been around 8:00 or 9:00 when they got there and the cameras started rolling, assuming they didn't get lost or delayed en route. From what I can find, there are only a few departures that late in the evening, so it doesn't seem unreasonable that most of the ticket counters would have shut down by then.

Yeah, I wrote later that I didn't realize they flew out of Narita, instead of the airport close to Nagano.  I missed them showing the sign, and they cut out a *lot* of the travel between the leaving point and the airport (I doubt they took a cab 3+ hours so I'm guessing they cut out them going to the train station, etc.).

Never have I ever been so grateful for a non elimination leg. I just totally dig Jonathan & Harley--their attitude, their love for each other--and was not ready to say goodbye (especially after the "I'm a water mushroom!" clip from their spa date). I also loved the quick shot of a toddler on the loose at Narita, with his mom chasing after him in front of the airline ticket counter. Heh.

Finally: Tyler is soooooo pretty to look at; I really enjoy the quietly competent Olympians; and Hayley had a valid point but needs to learn how to make her message powerful and not just annoying.

• Love 15

Blair, why did you just ignore Hayley? I think he was so focused on finally not being at the back of the pack that he didn't want to overthink the decision but it was dismissive and duh... ultimately wrong. It brought back to mind the challenge where they had to carry the trays of food down to the diners and again, there was a menu-reading issue.

She does seem to be a bit of a nag. But he is also a bad listener. So... yeah. This team is just very mismatched. And nurses and doctors don't always get along well. Unless they edited it out, I never heard him apologize and it's possible that could have stopped her rant. Maybe not. Oh, this team. Is it possible that he's been ignoring her contributions more than we've seen? The one thing I'll say for them is that Hayley seems to just need to talk out her anger and Blair seems to be good at tuning her out and staying positive so... yay?

As for the gogo dancing... the makeup part seemed more fun than the (I think?) wedding makeup challenge where they had to be super precise but enough with the dancing. This cast is not meant for the choreography challenges. There was some great side-eye from the dancers who work there though.

The mat proposal warmed my cold heart. The other team handing over the date night was sweet (though honestly they already know they have no chemistry so I don't think they'd have had much use for it).

• Love 2

I don’t like all this “selfie” crap, I keep waiting for one of the Kardashians to show up. Also, why are we spending so much time inside their hotel rooms? Are we supposed to get all titillated thinking we might see some sex?

The upside down house confused my brain LOL

If I was Hayley, I would have stabbed Blair, she’s right, he doesn’t listen. Now the question is, does she nag like that all the time, or just because he won’t listen?

I have no words for the Ladyboys challenge, that was one of the funniest challenges they have ever had. I guess they figured after making the guys dress up like that complete with makeup, they should give the losers a break & make it a NEL.

That was a very strange time to propose marriage.

• Love 2

I think Blair comes across as a total dick. This is not the first time he's failed to listen to her when she was right, and it's not even like they have a debate and he prevails. He just dismisses her like she's a worthless moron, or ignores her completely, and does what he wants while conveying utter contempt for her existence. It's like he's trying to run the race alone and pretend she's not even there. My sympathies are all with Hayley here, because she's trying, and he isn't-- not to mention that the times we've been shown, she's actually been right while he was wrong. At least as far as we've seen, he's giving her the silent treatment, and generally acting incredibly condescending. If she were wrong all the time, or seen to antagonize him, maybe he could justify being that fed up. But all she's doing is trying to be a team and he won't even acknowledge it when he's wrong and apologize-- and learn from it and not dismiss her the next time without at least considering that what she's saying may have merit-- so I understand why she's losing it and saying "at some point you are going to have to listen to me." It doesn't look to me like she's just acting out of baggage from the doctor-nurse relationship at work; to me it looks like she's reacting to exactly how he specifically is behaving.

I think it's kind of funny that so far all the detours have been grossly imbalanced. No more "each has its pros and cons"-- I wonder if they deliberately planned it that way, to see if teams would catch on and begin to switch quickly if they run into trouble.

• Love 23