Type keyword(s) to search

Michelle and JimBob aka J'Chelle and Boob

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

And how did it take two consequent scandals for someone to notice? His children know what he says when he wants to have sex. No matter how badly you need to have an audience, all of America should be enough that you don't have to break your kids' brains.

As well as a kitchen calendar for all to know when they should be having sex. My adult kids still prefer to think they were virgin births.

• Love 11

As well as a kitchen calendar for all to know when they should be having sex. My adult kids still prefer to think they were virgin births.

This is the post of the day, or the week, or the month.  That cracks me up so much - your adult kids still prefer to think they were virgin births. Isn't that so true though, who wants to think of their parents getting it on.  My husband has 2 siblings and he's convinced his parents only did it 3 times.

• Love 4

I definitely identify with your kids--I prefer to think I was a virgin birth, too. 

The squick factor with this is just...ugh. I have no words, and I ALWAYS have words. There's a psychologically protective reason why people shudder at the thought of their parents having sex. To have that in your face 24/7...again, no words. 

• Love 4

Poor Meredith.  Not only is she being used as a product placement pawn, her most-likely one and only picture of her being alone and close with her paternal grandfather is a shill for a hardware store.

And grandpa couldn't even be bothered to actually take her out of the carrier and hold/cuddle her.
  • Love 2

Seeing JB holding M4 made me realize something.  Since Mechelle and JB can't have more babies (they LOVE babies!) they'll start taking over the grandbabies until they reach six months old and then they'll just give them back. 

• Love 2

And grandpa couldn't even be bothered to actually take her out of the carrier and hold/cuddle her.

Of course if I were Meredith, I'd also be eternally grateful for that. ...Talk about your double-edged sword.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 4

This is the post of the day, or the week, or the month. That cracks me up so much - your adult kids still prefer to think they were virgin births. Isn't that so true though, who wants to think of their parents getting it on. My husband has 2 siblings and he's convinced his parents only did it 3 times.

Your husband is likely correct because i know MY parents only did it TWICE..by accident likely. :)
  • Love 8

I was thinking about this last night, and it occurred to me that the Duggars all have faulty Squick-o-meters. I don't know if this is genetic or the result of poor socialization, but they just simply don't seem to see the difference between "doing things a little differently" and being completely appalling.

People are pretty much hard-wired to find the sexuality of their parents, children, and siblings to be off-putting. The Duggars don't seem to see anything wrong with the ovulation calendar on the fridge, the dry-humping at the putt-putt course, JB's leering conversations with his daughters and sons-in-law about grandchildren, etc.

They seem to think that the issue with Josh's molestation was the "purity" of the girls -- "it was quick, and over the clothes" -- rather than the violation of normal social taboos against 1) sexuality expressed toward children 2) sexuality expressed toward siblings 3) non-consensual expression of sexuality. I, personally, am uninterested in Josh's relationship with Jesus, I am really concerned about someone who doesn't register really basic primal social taboos.

When they see the toilet birth, they see something about their "ministry" and the "sanctity of life" while most of us see a young women stripped of her dignity at an extremely vulnerable moment in her life -- for cash.

Way down the list -- but still there -- is Josie's inablity to keep her tongue off of anything. Josie is a school-aged child, not an infant. The fact that she shoves things into her mouth and licks things like an unsupervised toddler isn't adorable, it's just gross.

And, having read these boards for a while, I know that it's not just me being a prude. All of these incidents, among many, have sent the needles of other's Squick-o-meters flying off the charts just like they have done to me, but the Duggars see nothing wrong here and just set up the cameras for the next toilet birth or pizza party . . .

ETA: correct the spelling of Squick-o-meter.

Edited by cmr2014
  • Love 24

Your husband is likely correct because i know MY parents only did it TWICE..by accident likely. :)

Bless your heart. I grew up in Greenwich Village in the sixties and seventies, and my parents were modern parents and shared. I'm reasonably convinced I was the oldest virgin on the island of Manhattan who wasn't actually a nun, because ew.

• Love 8

Did the Duggars buy stock in the company that makes those ugly green shirts.

I'm a huge fan of online outlet sites, because we had a kid to dress and not very much money. If you shop on sale days and use special offers, they'll practically pay you to take whatever the least popular colors are.  I can't say that's why they wear such horrible clothes, but it's crossed my mind to wonder.

• Love 3

That's Izzy??

He's usually such a happy baby.

Well, he's probably not used to being lofted by his crotch with someone's arm around his throat. My limited experience of toddlers (I only had one) leads me to believe that they don't prefer that.

• Love 12

Oh, MIchelle.  We know how much you love those grandbabies!  Fake, fake, fake.

And is Meredith strapped in, or are we going to laugh and grab our camera when she slides out and crashes to the floor?

You pretty much suck.

• Love 8

Meredith's brains would be scrambled on the floor, but at least Mechelle got the perfect pose in.

Also, Izzy implies the Dillards are still I'm the U.S.

Izzy's not even a toddler yet....just a friggin macrobaby.

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 3

Oh, MIchelle.  We know how much you love those grandbabies!  Fake, fake, fake.

And is Meredith strapped in, or are we going to laugh and grab our camera when she slides out and crashes to the floor?

You pretty much suck.

Yeah. Slides out and crashes on the tile floor.

Clueless.

• Love 1

Well, we know Michelle is stuck in the 80s, a time where it was common to sit a baby in one of those bouncers, and then stick it up on a counter or table. (I remember seeing so many younger cousins, in bouncers on counters - I grew up in a time where child safety meant holding the baby extra tight, while it sat on your lap in the front seat of the car.)

• Love 11

Well, he's probably not used to being lofted by his crotch with someone's arm around his throat. My limited experience of toddlers (I only had one) leads me to believe that they don't prefer that.

I'm in a library trying my best not to disturb the quiet by laughing too hard at your comment!  

• Love 4

Israel looks horrified, like he was trying to wriggle away from the scary stranger holding him by his crotch. Meredith looks like she's about to topple out of that chair. Good to know the Duggars are maintaining their high safety standards into the next generation.

• Love 7

I was thinking about this last night, and it occurred to me that the Duggars all have faulty Squick-o-meters. I don't know if this is genetic or the result of poor socialization, but they just simply don't seem to see the difference between "doing things a little differently" and being completely appalling.

People are pretty much hard-wired to find the sexuality of their parents, children, and siblings to be off-putting. The Duggars don't seem to see anything wrong with the ovulation calendar on the fridge, the dry-humping at the putt-putt course, JB's leering conversations with his daughters and sons-in-law about grandchildren, etc.

They seem to think that the issue with Josh's molestation was the "purity" of the girls -- "it was quick, and over the clothes" -- rather than the violation of normal social taboos against 1) sexuality expressed toward children 2) sexuality expressed toward siblings 3) non-consensual expression of sexuality. I, personally, am uninterested in Josh's relationship with Jesus, I am really concerned about someone who doesn't register really basic primal social taboos.

When they see the toilet birth, they see something about their "ministry" and the "sanctity of life" while most of us see a young women stripped of her dignity at an extremely vulnerable moment in her life -- for cash.

Way down the list -- but still there -- is Josie's inablity to keep her tongue off of anything. Josie is a school-aged child, not an infant. The fact that she shoves things into her mouth and licks things like an unsupervised toddler isn't adorable, it's just gross.

And, having read these boards for a while, I know that it's not just me being a prude. All of these incidents, among many, have sent the needles of other's Squick-o-meters flying off the charts just like they have done to me, but the Duggars see nothing wrong here and just set up the cameras for the next toilet birth or pizza party . . .

ETA: correct the spelling of Squick-o-meter.

Most of us, if we happened upon these folk in real life, rather than on TV, and witnessed these behaviors, would be thinking RED FLAG RED FLAG RED FLAG!! I mean, imagine that as kid you dropped in to visit a school friend and this stuff was going on. Or your new neighbors invite you for dinner and you see this crap. We would all run screaming.

• Love 7

Most of us, if we happened upon these folk in real life, rather than on TV, and witnessed these behaviors, would be thinking RED FLAG RED FLAG RED FLAG!! I mean, imagine that as kid you dropped in to visit a school friend and this stuff was going on. Or your new neighbors invite you for dinner and you see this crap. We would all run screaming.

Well, CPS is certainly watching the Duggs...

• Love 1

Yest. 10:29 pm

Is it Izzy or M3? (Marcus?)

It's Izzy.  He's wearing the same outfit in a video they posted of Jill exercising with him in their fully equipped home gym at the warehouse.  So, despite having thrown themselves yet another farewell party, the Dullards stills haven't left Arkansas.  It's like that old country song, "How can I miss you if you won't go away?"

• Love 18

It's Izzy.  He's wearing the same outfit in a video they posted of Jill exercising with him in their fully equipped home gym at the warehouse.  So, despite having thrown themselves yet another farewell party, the Dullards stills haven't left Arkansas.  It's like that old country song, "How can I miss you if you won't go away?"

And it's creeping closer and closer to Jessa's due date. If Jill is going to be involved in that in any way -- and it's hard to believe that she's not, even if only for teevee purposes -- they'll  need to hustle to get back to CA and that back to AR in time for that.

Israel looks horrified, like he was trying to wriggle away from the scary stranger holding him by his crotch. Meredith looks like she's about to topple out of that chair. Good to know the Duggars are maintaining their high safety standards into the next generation.

Now, now. You can't expect much from Mechelle. There was no one standing by to help her and she IS missing a back muscle!

• Love 5

So possibly or quite likely the "going away" party was simply to make part of an episode.  Either that or Jill is going to leave right before Jessa gives birth? 

I'm going to be upset that Michelle and Jim Bob will be filmed in the specials unless they do a lot of editing to keep them out of the final version.

Edited by Absolom
  • Love 6

So I imagine JB has to go along on all doctor visits, yea, and into the exam room, lest any part of Michelle's body incite feelings in her doctor that cannot be righteously fulfilled. I wish I were kidding. On the Investigation Discovery programs I watch so avidly, such a man would be recognized as scarily controlling and possibly a ticking time bomb of sort.

Why do they have to wear matching color shirts? Are they in junior high?

"This here is MY WOMAN! Don't be getting any ideas. And that goes for her, too."

• Love 7

So I imagine JB has to go along on all doctor visits, yea, and into the exam room, lest any part of Michelle's body incite feelings in her doctor that cannot be righteously fulfilled. I wish I were kidding. On the Investigation Discovery programs I watch so avidly, such a man would be recognized as scarily controlling and possibly a ticking time bomb of sort.

"This here is MY WOMAN! Don't be getting any ideas. And that goes for her, too."

In any OB/GYN office, that would be a big red flag.  I have no doubt JB attended every office visit and controlled all conversation; speaking for Michelle and not leaving her alone ever.  That's why the bathrooms in our offices are too small for two and the cards for the domestic violence hotline are hanging next to the mirror.

The mis step in the photo is posting it at all! Couldn't they see that the baby was doing the "arch my back to get away from you" pose? Baby on an ottoman is just a bonus.

Abso-friggin-lutely!  Most of us wouldn't have taken that pic in the first place, and, if we had, would've deleted it immediately and tried again.  I guess Michelle only holds Izzy when they want a photo op and then, only as long as it takes to hit the shutter.  No wonder poor Izzy was freakin', he probably knew Grandma was gonna drop him like a bad habit the second the flash went off.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 12

The mis step in the photo is posting it at all! Couldn't they see that the baby was doing the "arch my back to get away from you" pose? Baby on an ottoman is just a bonus.

That would require a) noticing another person than herself and b) caring what the other person thinks/feels/wants. Not gonna happen.

• Love 6

I agree. Izzy's body language screams "get me away from this woman!!!" However you never see him acting like that when it's Joy or Jana holding him. Maybe he senses Michelle is evil, lol.

• Love 5

Why do they have to wear matching color shirts? Are they in junior high?

Mentally, yes.

Michelle's "kissy" lips in the "I LOVE my grandkids" picture look off.  That kiss just doesn't look real.

• Love 3

I would fall on hard tile before I would let that crazy thing grip me up by the crotch and neck too.

Take my chances on the hard tile, with that big old Duggar head..hahaha

And before anyone purposes to get their knickers in a twist, he is adorable..I like kids.

I just like snarking on MeChelle more.

Edited by MarysWetBar
  • Love 4

One has to wonder if anyone in J-Chelle's doctor's office has asked Jim Boob to step out of the room so they could ask her some carefully-worded questions about how things are at home.

Maybe there's no such thing as DV in Arkansas.

• Love 2

Michelle's "kissy" lips in the "I LOVE my grandkids" picture look off.  That kiss just doesn't look real.

That's because it was strictly for the camera and not something that comes naturally to her.

Edited by graefin

I had an ultrasound recently on my liver. No one in the waiting room was pregnant (they were clearly senior citizens). If the photo was from an ultrasound place, it's highly unlikely the ultrasound was on a fetus.

• Love 3

Well, we know Michelle is stuck in the 80s, a time where it was common to sit a baby in one of those bouncers, and then stick it up on a counter or table. (I remember seeing so many younger cousins, in bouncers on counters - I grew up in a time where child safety meant holding the baby extra tight, while it sat on your lap in the front seat of the car.)

Apparently the stupid is hereditary, because in previous episodes we've seen Mackynzie (or Michael?) in one of these things on the dining room table while Josh and Anna were eating dinner. Wouldn't it be common sense to put her on the floor next to them instead?

• Love 2