Type keyword(s) to search

Michelle and JimBob aka J'Chelle and Boob

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

What the heck is going on at the TTH? Did someone put a muzzle on Boob? He has never been this quiet.

Are the Duggars suddenly getting shunned by their church families?

Maybe they're finally realizing that every time they open their mouths, they make the situation ten times worse.  

• Love 7

You know I really believe!  I'm telling you that was the first time my hiccups just disappeared like that!  I didn't even pray or anything.  JB not having an original thought probably heard about it from some secular person somewhere.  Either way I've got to thank him for that one.  I didn't think it would work but I was so tired of having the hiccups I was desperate enough to try it. Thanks JB.

Not an original thought. My family has used a "teaspoon of sugar" to cure hiccups for years and years. I have no idea why it works.

• Love 2

If Jerry Oppenheimer's reports about how Ethel treated and spoke to her minority employees are true, then her accepting an award like that is on the same level as Michelle accepting all those Mother of the Year awards.

I believe Ethel Kennedy was a pretty incompetent mother, not arguing with that. But Oppenheimer is kind of a rag sheet writer in my experience. So though I've read several of his books, I have taken them with several grains of salt. 

• Love 2

You know I really believe!  I'm telling you that was the first time my hiccups just disappeared like that!  I didn't even pray or anything.  JB not having an original thought probably heard about it from some secular person somewhere.  Either way I've got to thank him for that one.  I didn't think it would work but I was so tired of having the hiccups I was desperate enough to try it. Thanks JB.

I'm willing to put this remedy into Jim Bob's plus column. It's only fair. And his minus column is so long for me that it would take enturies of additional pluses for the two to balance out (and I don't think too many additional pluses will appear).. ;- )

• Love 2

What the hell have I been clicking on that my add in this topic is not for jewellery or modest clothing, but for a Black Sabbath Final Tour Concert.

It is interesting that while you experience an increase in oestrogen and progesterone in pregnancy, and a decrease of those same hormones during menopause, they can have a lot of the same symptoms. For someone like Michelle, who has built her life around being pregnant, any symptoms of menopause that mimic the side-effects of pregnancy would probably be extra-hard to deal with.

• Love 2
What the hell have I been clicking on that my add in this topic is not for jewellery or modest clothing, but for a Black Sabbath Final Tour Concert.

I don't know, kalamac, but can I come over please ? I'm going to try for tickets at the Madison Square Garden show in February ! But, alas, I keep getting the ads for that insufferable JC Penney ring that looks like it's made of bones and gum balls. 

• Love 6

It is interesting that while you experience an increase in oestrogen and progesterone in pregnancy, and a decrease of those same hormones during menopause, they can have a lot of the same symptoms. For someone like Michelle, who has built her life around being pregnant, any symptoms of menopause that mimic the side-effects of pregnancy would probably be extra-hard to deal with.

I get ads for Curtin University Law.

When you figure it out, tell us so I can click on it, too.

I keep getting ads for plus-size clothing.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 3

Not sure if I am in the right thread for this, mods - please move if needed.  I have been reading these boards regularly since Joshgate 1.  I read in one of the threads (I believe Jill or Jessa) that J-chelle's sex advice is that it doesn't take long.  Besides the UGH factor... I am extremely curious as to how Boob manages to be so freakin horny all the time.  If he has no outside influences, no images via computer, newspapers, magazines etc, never sees more than a countenance, how is he sprung for her all the time?  I've been married almost as long as they have been, and there is no way I could have gotten pregnant that many times.  It leads me to believe it is pretty much an all the time occurrence for them.  So, he gets sprung and she lays there for a few minutes, and bam!  That's it?  The mechanics of it boggle me.

Then again, my husband and I both have these silly things called JOBS.  And that cuts down on our free time quite a bit.  We also raised our kids ourselves, as we didn't have a kabillion j-slaves to help out.  We're crazy like that.

edited because grammar is important.

Edited by tabloidlover
  • Love 10

Not sure if I am in the right thread for this, mods - please move if needed. I have been reading these boards regularly since Joshgate 1. I read in one of the threads (I believe Jill or Jessa) that J-chelle's sex advice is that it doesn't take long. Besides the UGH factor... I am extremely curious as to how Boob manages to be so freakin horny all the time. If he has no outside influences, no images via computer, newspapers, magazines etc, never sees more than a countenance, how is he sprung for her all the time? I've been married almost as long as they have been, and there is no way I could have gotten pregnant that many times. It leads me to believe it is pretty much an all the time occurrence for them. So, he gets sprung and she lays there for a few minutes, and bam! That's it? The mechanics of it boggle me.

Then again, my husband and I both have these silly things called JOBS. And that cuts down on our free time quite a bit. We also raised our kids ourselves, as we didn't have a kabillion j-slaves to help out. We're crazy like that.

Well. Sometimes the ones who yak about sex the most do it the least. Not unlike some horny teenage boys. Maybe that is why they had to be hyper aware of Michelle's cycle. If they were really screwing ALL the time, as JB loves to imply, she would likely have been getting knocked up constantly anyway (given that she seems to be super fertile).

Really, JB talks and acts like such a juvenile when it comes to sex. Not like a grown man with a healthy, respectful relationship. Maybe that's why the virginal Bob GotHard and his ridiculous notions about sexuality held such appeal. Boys being boys.

Edited by Tabbygirl521
  • Love 11

Does it creep anyone else out that a grown woman acting, looking, and sounding like an adoring six-year-old girl is apparently the height of hotness in their universe?

Yes, it is creepy as hell. This is why I can't hate on Jessa. At least she has the gumption to shoot off her mouth and not have a robotic smile at all times. Baby steps.

• Love 4

Well. Sometimes the ones who yak about sex the most do it the least. Not unlike some horny teenage boys. Maybe that is why they had to be hyper aware of Michelle's cycle. If they were really screwing ALL the time, as JB loves to imply, she would likely have been getting knocked up constantly anyway (given that she seems to be super fertile).

Really, JB talks and acts like such a juvenile when it comes to sex. Not like a grown man with a healthy, respectful relationship. Maybe that's why the virginal Bob GotHard and his ridiculous notions about sexuality held such appeal. Boys being boys.

When you consider the rules they follow about not having sex for certain amounts of time after a baby is born (40 days for boys/80 for girls for anyone new here), and considering how many girls in a row Michelle had, unless they think oral and digital stimulation are okay (I know, brain bleach, sorry), there were periods of time when JB wasn't getting any for stretches of almost 3 months, and then almost as soon as they started up again, M would be pregnant again.

• Love 2

Not sure if I am in the right thread for this, mods - please move if needed. I have been reading these boards regularly since Joshgate 1. I read in one of the threads (I believe Jill or Jessa) that J-chelle's sex advice is that it doesn't take long. Besides the UGH factor... I am extremely curious as to how Boob manages to be so freakin horny all the time. If he has no outside influences, no images via computer, newspapers, magazines etc, never sees more than a countenance, how is he sprung for her all the time? I've been married almost as long as they have been, and there is no way I could have gotten pregnant that many times. It leads me to believe it is pretty much an all the time occurrence for them. So, he gets sprung and she lays there for a few minutes, and bam! That's it? The mechanics of it boggle me.

Then again, my husband and I both have these silly things called JOBS. And that cuts down on our free time quite a bit. We also raised our kids ourselves, as we didn't have a kabillion j-slaves to help out. We're crazy like that.

Bob has fantasies

• Love 1

JB also mentioned that he found Michelle her most desirable when she was pregnant so maybe that's just some kind of a turn on for him.Motivating him constantly  to achieve the next pregnancy.  Now that she's reached this 'new season of life' I don't know what he does.  Maybe Michelle wears her trophy ring to bed to remind him of his glory days?  I don't know. Maybe he thinks of other women who are pregnant, hopefully not his daughters?  I don't know how they will sexually adjust to this 'new season of life' but I imagine Michelle is relieved of something that never took too long anyway.  Can JB enjoy himself knowing that he's done making an army for himself?  Almost 30 years of constant pregnancy or trying to achieve pregnancy ended.

• Love 6

It's time to go back to buy used and save the difference.

Yeah, I don't really see what the big deal is, either.  I mean, how many kids did they have before the TV show? 14?   Aren't they about there  now, with the marrieds and JD out of the house now?  And isn't one attending school somewhere?  The kids are all older now, past baby/toddler stage, and they've all got jurisdictions to help out...plus Grandma is there to lend a hand.  It really seems to me that they're actually better off.  They have a nicer house now, too.

• Love 6

Yeah, I don't really see what the big deal is, either.  I mean, how many kids did they have before the TV show? 14?   Aren't they about there  now, with the marrieds and JD out of the house now?  And isn't one attending school somewhere?  The kids are all older now, past baby/toddler stage, and they've all got jurisdictions to help out...plus Grandma is there to lend a hand.  It really seems to me that they're actually better off.  They have a nicer house now, too.

But I think now, thanks to the show, what they really really love, crave, need is being famous. .... And all the perks and freebies and leghumpers and helpful hangers-on that come with that. They may not realize that's what they're craving. But to go back to a normal life? They can't stomach it. They think they're the it people and they think they'll just die if everybody doesn't view them that way. Celebrity feels like food to them now. That's my conclusion anyway.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 16

Yeah, I don't really see what the big deal is, either. I mean, how many kids did they have before the TV show? 14? Aren't they about there now, with the marrieds and JD out of the house now? And isn't one attending school somewhere? The kids are all older now, past baby/toddler stage, and they've all got jurisdictions to help out...plus Grandma is there to lend a hand. It really seems to me that they're actually better off. They have a nicer house now, too.

In the olden days before birth control and family planning, the older children would get JOBS and help out. And we all know that it's typical today for kids still in school (I know...) to get part-time jobs to pay for incidentals. But of course, that is how Satan gets a toehold into a God-fearing family and next thing you know, gay marriage. So the Duggars are effed.

OhioMom, it sounds like I am yelling at your post. I am sorry! I mean to respond to the various posts about the Duggars' financial situation.

Edited by Tabbygirl521
  • Love 7

Too bad, so sad. They're considering public assistance? In the words of Josh Duggar: Get A JOB.

I guess they don't trust that the Lord will provide.

Nah. That's a rehash of a bunch of other articles which are a rehash of a bunch of other articles, and the public assistance thing is about what will happen if Jim Bob ceases to be a millionaire, which pretty much all reports say he still is.

Although, it is true that healthcare assistance in AR is not means tested, so with fifteen or sixteen dependents in the house Jim Bob probably will qualify for free medical care for at least some of them without the income from the show. 

Too bad, so sad. They're considering public assistance? In the words of Josh Duggar: Get A JOB.

I guess they don't trust that the Lord will provide.

The article doesn't actually say they are considering it. They ask the question 'maybe they will' and then goes on to say that JB has money and wouldn't qualify. The point of the article is to try to spread a rumor that they are asking for public assistance.

• Love 6

No, the adults would not be counted.

I don't know abt AR, but in IL they ARE counted toward food stamps.

And since I believe it's a Federal program, then I'm guessing EVERYONE that legally lives there would be counted.

• Love 1

If I understood the information I got here correctly, they don't means test pregnancy care, some forms of food assistance, and wellness care for minor children. Which are linked to a fairly high income for a family that size, and some forms of non-salary income seem to be not included.

I don't know abt AR, but in IL they ARE counted toward food stamps.

And since I believe it's a Federal program, then I'm guessing EVERYONE that legally lives there would be counted.

In my area Federal food assistance is for minor children or people with disabilities only.

They have ten kids under 18, the average food assistance allotment hovers around $130.00 per person, that would be around $1300.00 a month, considerately less than the $4000.00 mentioned in the article. And the Duggars aren't anywhere close to meeting the level of need of any type of assistance ... yet.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 1

On the Duggar Family Official facebook page, I've noticed posts encouraging readers to go to Jill/Derrick's and Benessa's websites (not their facebook pages, but their websites) - do you think they get advertising $$ based on # of visits to their websites? Do people have to click on the ads before the website gets paid?

I suspect clicking on the ads is essential to count, otherwise every site in the land wouldn't have gone to those uber annoying "autoplay" videos that always make me startle and jump.  (My thinking, making them into autoplay videos, is a way to get around the problem where the person in question has to care enough to click.  Make it play automatically and take the voluntary out of it.)  Overall page hits/visits without any ad clicking is, I believe, just a way to get your site to rank higher in search rankings, which may already happen in the case of the Duggar couples.

Edited by queenanne
  • Love 3

Does anyone know how the Duggars feel about inter-racial marriages? I suspect I know the answer to that one but have they ever come out and said how they feel about it?

Let's see Mexican no, Black, no/maybe, Asian/Native American, undecided. Based on theory of their cult. ATI members and families are white. You might see one or two non white but they're white. It's bad enough blacks and Hispanics already have stereotypes against them. Imagine if the Duggars weren't white all hell would break lose. Asians typically don't gave a bunch of kids. I would like to see an interracial marriage just to make JB explode. I hope he/she is well educated, has a career, and will put their foot down.
  • Love 5

To be fair, you are comfortable with what you know.  I am a minority by far where I live.  Sometimes I think it would be nice to be around more people like me, because when I go to the grocery I see Filipino food, Japanese food, Mexican food, etc. and it is not all familiar to me.  There are no cultural days nearby, certainly not in my city, that honor my heritage.  I am white, and of celtic and eastern European descent.  Si was courting the girl with the hispanic mother.  But basically the family is culturally and physically isolated.  I don't know what groups live near them, but they are not a part of the community in any case.  They seem to have to go to central America to find converts, so Hispanics in their area must not be clamoring to be Baptist fundies.

Edited by Micks Picks
  • Love 1

To be fair, you are comfortable with what you know.  I am a minority by far where I live.  Sometimes I think it would be nice to be around more people like me, because when I go to the grocery I see Filipino food, Japanese food, Mexican food, etc. and it is not all familiar to me.  There are no cultural days nearby, certainly not in my city, that honor my heritage.  I am white, and of celtic and eastern European descent.  Si was courting the girl with the hispanic mother.  But basically the family is culturally and physically isolated.  I don't know what groups live near them, but they are not a part of the community in any case.  They seem to have to go to central America to find converts, so Hispanics in their area must not be clamoring to be Baptist fundies.

There's a significant Mexican community in the Rogers area; I have a friend that works off and on as a labor and delivery nurse out there, and the hospital asked her to take a Spanish class. And within the last couple of decades, the local business giant has attracted a Jewish population large enough to build a synagogue.* Other than that, I don't know. But it doesn't seem like the Duggars interact that much in their community anyway.

* B'nai Walmart ;-)

• Love 5

Hispanics tend to hang with Hispanics, and Jews with Jews.  You are comfortable with what you know.  This country has managed nonetheless to integrate very well, at least to this point, in the business and educational sectors.  When it comes to marriage, in my area whites are probably more often married inter-racially.  That's my experience here.  

Hispanics tend to hang with Hispanics, and Jews with Jews.  You are comfortable with what you know. 

That's kind of a huge generalization, I think. At some point, you (general you) have to take responsibility and ownership of the fact that you're not willing to make the effort to branch out. Sure, we're more comfortable with what we know, but is that an excuse? To me, not really. Not when you have as many opportunities as the Duggars have. And not when you deliberately isolate yourself the way ATI/Gothardites in general do. The Duggars and Gothardites just seem very provincial.

I grew up in a neighborhood where Asians were/are the majority. I think my high school was something like 65% Asian when I attended (now it's more like 80%). Flipping through one yearbook, I was mildly bemused when I saw a picture of a group of six or so girlfriends, all very white and blond. The thought that crossed my mind was, "Well, that had to take some effort." If you went to my school and had no Asian friends, it was either a deliberate choice on your part or (perhaps more likely/charitably) something subconscious. But there was no way that I was willing to believe that someone could "just so happen" to not end up with any Asian friends. Not at my school. There was a bit of self-segregation going on, but not to that extent.

I mean, yes, sometimes it's nice being around people I share a cultural background with, but that doesn't stop me from making friends with people who don't. I welcome the diversity, because I'm interested in lives that are different from mine. It's fascinating. Heck, I'd even like going to the Big Sandy conference, just to see. Sometimes I wish I had studied cultural/social anthropology in college...

Edited by galax-arena
  • Love 9