Type keyword(s) to search

Michelle and JimBob aka J'Chelle and Boob

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, larfs said:

I remember Michelle saying her girls helped her find it. Now, does she mean Josie and Jordyn helped pick it out? Or were the older girls just taking the piss out of their mom? Because those girls have some taste despite the modesty rules and I don't see why they would let Michelle wear that unless it was to laugh at her. Not that Michelle would care because as long as the attention is on her, even if it's for wearing a badly fitting tinman/star trek next gen absolute monstrosity of a dress, then all is good in her frizzy little head.

I'm snickering because Michelle did say she liked the bling. When did she say that? Was it when she was stealing nail stickers at the salon? Anyway, that was probably one of the only times a Duggar made me laugh. Yep, that dress got bling!

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Missy Vixen said:

I went to the prom in 1979 and wore a Gunne Sax.

It had a high neck and long sleeves. I'm sure it would not be modest enough for J-Chelle.

I hate to tell everyone this because it was a major mistake on the part of the buyers...

That dress was actually available at Nordstrom's Encore (plus-sized) department. One has to believe it was more cocktail than MOB. The "modesty panel" made that thing go from bad to hideous.

She looks like she belongs with the Tin Man and their 19 tin cans. 

• Love 2
12 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

a throat-grabbing modesty panel, a boob-lowering device, and a shiny little jacket to bring the viewer's eye to the sunken, yet oddly protruding bust line--

I'm dying. So awesome. Will now go to sleep laughing over that!

• Love 3

I supposed the dress served its purpose of keeping everyone's eyes off the bride and onto Michelle. Wasn't that the point of the dress? What other purpose could there be to show up to your daughter's wedding dressed like an ornate silver vase filled with dried weeds?

• Love 11
On 7/10/2016 at 4:38 PM, Sew Sumi said:

Actually, those Gunne Sax numbers were ALL THE RAGE in the early 80's. I wore one just like it maybe freshman year, but in blue. 

Seriously?  OK, maybe it's just me as I was a true wild rebel.  Can't picture Michelle in that dress and JB in a suit driving to the prom blasting Guns N Roses on the way.  Yeah it was probably just rebel me.  I didn't even go to my prom because I quit school years before.  Was probably at a  Kinks concert or something more fun.  Dude in my school people were dropping acid in class and smoking weed in the bathrooms.  The white prom dress looks so unworldly to me like she's a 10 year old playing dress up.  Maybe it was just where I grew up.  Girls wore - defrauding clothes with attitude and guys were super cool with longer hair and attitude to match.  JB looks like he's in 5th grade. 

• Love 1

My HS was in an upper middle class suburbia  about 40 minutes from Manhattan, the school didn't want a bad rep so they always leaked out to the kids when the 'surprise' drug busts would happen and it was all kept on the low and low and everybody was happy.  Kids had money, parents were mostly from the 1950's era and were just clueless. 

• Love 2
18 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

When has Michelle worked for anything in the last 26 years!  The poor designer of that dress got to see it Duggarfied.  It wasn't great to begin with but holy hannah, its something else now.  Wonder if it got KJB all Hey, Hey, Hey from seeing it ??!!  Try and get THAT out of your head as I slink off to the Prayer Closet for Happy Hour.  I've got tapas!

He probably thought she looked like a spawning salmon. You know what that means...

• Love 6

Alright after we fix Michelle's hair and make-up whose got the clothes?  What are we going to do for that?  Let's start with the shoes, heels, I'm thinking platform cork.  She'll never wear pants so some kind of a dress that is more modern.  I can wear form fitting but there is no way she'd be able to pull it off.  I can't dress her, someone's got to take over. 

(edited)
2 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Actually, there is something worse than the Tin Man dress

?page=2http://www.freejinger.org/topic/1389-lol-duggars/?page=2

Next to the poster with the Nellie Olsen avatar... 

I miss that thread. How many times did Holt run for something anyway? Joy looks like she's maybe 3 or 4 in that pic, so we're talking what, the 2002 election cycle? Jana would have been 12, plenty old enough to have sewn those monstrosities. Mechelle was too busy gestating and being joyfully available while big pregnant to have bothered. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 2

My current avatar is of Joy with the armed bodyguards in Danger America all holding their semi-automatic rifles in the air. I just got a new post count caption, but I only saw it once and don't remember it. 

2 hours ago, Love2dance said:

Yep, that's bad, but fugly tin man dress with the modesty additions is still the worst for me.

It's a toss up, for sure. Michelle has managed to dress like a pregnant eight-year-old, but my vote has to go to Tin Man dress for her daughter's wedding. It's just so . . . unexpected.

• Love 3

What's strange is that she looked okay at Jessa's wedding. Maybe Jessa picked out the dress herself after seeing what happened at Jill's wedding. Jessa IS controlling like that. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

What's strange is that she looked okay at Jessa's wedding. Maybe Jessa picked out the dress herself after seeing what happened at Jill's wedding. Jessa IS controlling like that. 

Jessa was not going to see her mom dressed up like a silverfish bug for her wedding.

Kelly wore that dress much better, though it's a style of dress that's only going to fit a limited range of body types and heights to begin with, as it is...without adding hideous modesty panels and an ill fitting bra.

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, Darknight said:

Michelle dress looks ugly as fuck. Bad fashion statement 

Michelle Duggar and fashion statement are mutually exclusive, unless one includes the modifier "bad". 

She is unrepentantly and unapologetically unfashionable, which is really sad, because she's a very attractive woman. 

Most Fundy misery fashion icons don't have a TV show or the wherewithal to do anything to improve their looks or wardrobe.  Since they believe vanity to be a sin, most probably don't care, since it's layered tshirts or turtlenecks under pinafores and prairie frumpers. 

12 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

It's a toss up, for sure. Michelle has managed to dress like a pregnant eight-year-old, but my vote has to go to Tin Man dress for her daughter's wedding. It's just so . . . unexpected.

tumblr_inline_mpd4jadw4a1qz4rgp.gif

• Love 4

I think if we're serious about giving Michelle a makeover, we should show her Modern Orthodox Jewish neighborhoods and she can see how "modest" and "tasteful" can co-exist.   [Not the Hasidic neighborhoods that are more along the fundamentalist ways of thinking, and DEFINITELY not the Satmar--she'd feel at home with them and that's not a good thing.]

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Marigold said:

Jim Bob probably picked out that tin man dress.  Maybe he has some kind of weird fetish with aluminum foiI? 

It matches his tin foil hat...or maybe he's using her as the lightning rod to receive his messages so he doesn't mess up his own hair helmet.

• Love 6
14 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Yes, I think what got us was the shock factor.  And she thought she looked like the cat's meow in it.

• Love 2

Didn't Kelly wear the silver dress first? If so, the stupid modesty panels and to the floor length  are MEchelle's way of one upping Kelly. 'Your husband may be on the inside track at Gothard but I'm soooooo much more modest than you. NaNaNa jebus loves me better than you'. Meanwhile, Kelly probably is like WTF? just like us.

• Love 4

Yes, Kelly wore it to either Zach's or Erin's weddings, which kind of blur together being only a month apart in late 2013. Even if she wore it to Alyssa's wedding, that was still a month before Jill. I'd have to get on my laptop to confirm which wedding; I am pretty sure I saved evidence of both silverfish (tm Arwen) monstrosities.

• Love 1
On 7/10/2016 at 10:43 AM, louannems said:

Why did Michelle make Jana sew an ugly Modesty Panel into her Mother -Of -Bride dress?  Her own wedding gown resealed her clavicles, for god's sake! I realize they didn't actually go Gothard until later, but I wonder how much of that modesty crap, blur out the knees crap, swim in jeans crap, etc. was just for developing their teeeveee brand.

first%2Bdate%2Bjunior-senior%2Bbanquet%2

Holy shit! It's Muffy in a tux! 

• Love 13
3 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Yes, Kelly wore it to either Zach's or Erin's weddings, which kind of blur together being only a month apart in late 2013. Even if she wore it to Alyssa's wedding, that was still a month before Jill. I'd have to get on my laptop to confirm which wedding; I am pretty sure I saved evidence of both silverfish (tm Arwen) monstrosities.

I posted a link to a meme that called that monstrosity a silverfish...sorry I can't take credit for it..it was too big so I put the link up.  I've posted it again for those who missed it...it's soooooo worth it. Sucks that they limit the file size cause I've found some gems. Behold, the silverfish meme....

http://duggarmemes.tumblr.com/image/105583976187

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Marigold said:

Jim Bob probably picked out that tin man dress.  Maybe he has some kind of weird fetish with aluminum foiI? 

It's spawning salmon. I'm sure the thought of fertilizing hundreds of eggs at a time is sexually exciting for him.

• Love 3
(edited)

Here we go. Kelly wore the DRESS to Zach's wedding, which was 6 months before Jill's. eta: I don't think that bustline flatters anyone the way the "designer" did a straight-up bias cut between the boobs. Was this person high? (rhetorical question; we've seen the dress)

0066a125822e4f85190ee8857558172c.jpg

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 2

Trust me on this: Short people can only carry off very small prints. Well, I have ONE maxi that is graphic random  chevrons in different colors and thickly striped on a white field. Other than that,  99% of my wardrobe is solids (I have a couple statement tees and one in camo).

• Love 2
On 7/13/2016 at 7:34 PM, Sew Sumi said:

Here we go. Kelly wore the DRESS to Zach's wedding, which was 6 months before Jill's. eta: I don't think that bustline flatters anyone the way the "designer" did a straight-up bias cut between the boobs. Was this person high? (rhetorical question; we've seen the dress)

0066a125822e4f85190ee8857558172c.jpg

Kelly Jo Bates is giving me Fran Drescher realness. 

• Love 6

I suspect this is complete and utter bullshit.  But just in case the adoption suggestions wind up being true: (Warning: get the brain bleach ready)

http://www.agcwebpages.com/BLINDITEMS/2016/JULY.html

132. ENTERTAINMENT LAWYER 07/13 **#13**
 . . . . It is a guy having an affair. I suppose the woman he is having the affair with is also having an affair but she isn’t married with kids, just sleeping with a guy who does. Plus, I doubt any of you know who the woman is. Yes, if you are her neighbor or reading this because someone at your church heard the rumors and then went online and found this, then you might know her. Otherwise it is about the guy. It all started several years ago. His wife could not get pregnant any longer, but our guy, who is probably an A list reality star, or was at one point, wanted more kids. What to do? Well, I will tell you what he did. He used a lot of that leverage and power he has in his community and found a teen just out of high school who had been brainwashed into thinking the best thing to do in her life is to be with this man and bear his kids. They started trying right away at the home of her parents. She still lives at home and will continue to do so. Several times each week, our reality star would come over and have sex with the teen. Sometimes her parents would be home and sometimes it would be another family member. There was always someone present in the house during these sessions. Well, after a year of this, the teen is still not pregnant. The guy, despite his pre-sex promises to the parents says he has to find someone else because there is obviously something wrong with the woman and not his middle aged sperm. The parents are ticked. They thought she would be compensated, especially since they think no one would want to marry her now. Fast forward a bit. The reality star had found a new teen also provided by parents but before they can get started on procreating, the spotlight is shining brightly and our reality star backs off. He basically enters a publicity blackout. This continues about six months. Meanwhile he has told the parents that their daughter is his and he expects them to honor their commitment. Finally he feels it is clear enough to begin a sexual relationship with this teen. They have sex in the same room she has used since she was 5 or 6 years old. The squeaky twin mattress and box spring sagging under the weight of them. Twice a week the squeaking goes on for 10-15 minutes while the rest of the family pretends not to listen. They do listen though. Apparently the sperm of the reality star is still strong because the teen is now pregnant. Apparently the plan is that when does deliver a baby, she will, for now have her parents raise it as their own while she tries to get pregnant again. Jim Bob Duggar

• Love 2

Trust me on this: Short people can only carry off very small prints.

I'm very much with you on that.  My daughter's MIL was wearing the perfect dress for Michelle in a family photo the other day.  It's a skimming shift style dress with a subtle print in subdued tones. 

• Love 1

@Fosca, Ewwwwwwww .....just ewwwww. As much as I'd like to see Boob's hypocrisy exposed, it sickens me that an underage girl is involved, even if this is fiction. 

If Boob really is cheating on Michelle, then his kids will finally see his cult as bullshit and will leave.

Still, the only word I have for this is "squicky".

28 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

@Fosca, Ewwwwwwww .....just ewwwww. As much as I'd like to see Boob's hypocrisy exposed, it sickens me that an underage girl is involved, even if this is fiction. 

If Boob really is cheating on Michelle, then his kids will finally see his cult as bullshit and will leave.

Still, the only word I have for this is "squicky".

Well, I think it did mention that she was out of high school, so probably not underage, but even if legal, the squickiness factor is off the charts.

• Love 2
(edited)

Unlikely this is true. But then, hey, they raised Josh.

there is obviously something wrong with the woman and not his middle aged sperm

this part rings true though.

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 2
(edited)
Spoiler

As much as I am not a JimBob Duggar fan, I really do not want that rumor to be true. Is the Entertainment Lawyer site reputable? 

If JB really was trying to create some more of his own spawn with another receptacle, couldn't they use the old turkey baster? Or would that be too much like masturbation/sin (unlike adultery, I guess)? No seriously - I really do not want any of this to be true. Jana already has too many kids. 

Edited by Tabbygirl521
  • Love 1
24 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Alcohol. Kills just as many germs as bleach and is more fun to drink :)

Indeed....aaaaaaaaaaand those of us who frequent the prayer closet DO keep a stash of their favorite drinkiepoo there.

• Love 1
On July 10, 2016 at 4:55 PM, Sew Sumi said:

Yup. That's vintage early 80's. As I said, I WORE that blue dress to a formal in the very early 80's. Mechelle's prom number would have been what, 1983? 

That style continued in one form or another throughout the 80s.  My BFF wore that exact dress in blue to our junior prom in 1988. 

• Love 1