Type keyword(s) to search

Michelle and JimBob aka J'Chelle and Boob

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

(edited)

Nice modest clothes are available!! Spend a couple of dollars more and buy something that works, Michelle!  Janderella can only do so much with alterations. If something is already modest, it doesn't need modesty panels added. Michelle for her petite stature and matronly figure would look best in a suit with a fitted waist long jacket and a long skirt. 

1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

The navy getup she wore to Jessa's wedding was a vast improvement over that Tin Man mess. Although I suppose it's apt because she is in need of a heart. 

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand a brain!!! The Tin Man outfit should have come with a matching tin foil hat.

Edited by Arwen Evenstar
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, Absolom said:

I think the worst for me was the off white sack at Amy's wedding.  It looked like she put zero effort into dressing for that wedding.

She looked like Nurse Ratched. 

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, Absolom said:

I think the worst for me was the off white sack at Amy's wedding.  It looked like she put zero effort into dressing for that wedding.

I know! That's the thing for me, too. It just seems like there is no effort at all. People who are poor, people who have bad taste, and people who can't see at least TRY to look nice for a special occassion. Does God hate that? Did I miss something in the Wisdom booklet? It also bugs me that she won't just ask for help.

• Love 1

Women with Michelle's shape can't find fitted waists that work and actually look pretty bad in them.  She's landed in Queen of England figure form and should dress in outfits without a definitive waistline but not quite as straight line as the Queen.  What would look better on her is a loose sheath type dress in good fabric with a longer jacket. 

She's too short for a longer jacket. She would need to wear heels to pull that off, and I don't think I've ever seen her in anything higher than maybe an inch. 

I think the Queen is a good role model though. Heavier fabrics, coatdresses, that sort of thing for these formal occasions. And if the queen can wear 2" heels at 90, Mechelle can suck it up and put some on for a few hours. 

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Women with Michelle's shape can't find fitted waists that work and actually look pretty bad in them.  She's landed in Queen of England figure form and should dress in outfits without a definitive waistline but not quite as straight line as the Queen.  What would look better on her is a loose sheath type dress in good fabric with a longer jacket. 

The Queen of England always dresses in suits and dresses appropriate for her shape and height. She was a style icon in the 1940's and 50's. Michelle isn't even a Fundy Misery Fashion icon.

i hope she wears something stylish to the next wedding. Our JinJins is the most fashion forward of the Duggettes, so hopefully she will be able to pick out a decent MOB dress for her mom after she says yes to her dress.

3 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

The Queen of England always dresses in suits and dresses appropriate for her shape and height. She was a style icon in the 1940's and 50's. Michelle isn't even a Fundy Misery Fashion icon.

i hope she wears something stylish to the next wedding. Our JinJins is the most fashion forward of the Duggettes, so hopefully she will be able to pick out a decent MOB dress for her mom after she says yes to her dress.

I don't think the Queen chooses her own outfits. She actually didn't even wear the same (expensive, designer, tailored) outfits more than once until some point in the nineties. 

Nicest thing Michelle could do for Jinger's inevitable wedding is cut her damn hair. 

• Love 4

And where are Stacy London and Clinton Kelly when Michelle needs them?  I'm sure she would be horrified but what a great TLC spinoff it would be disregarding the fact that Stacy and Clinton are involved elsewhere. 

• Love 2
58 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

And where are Stacy London and Clinton Kelly when Michelle needs them?  I'm sure she would be horrified but what a great TLC spinoff it would be disregarding the fact that Stacy and Clinton are involved elsewhere. 

I know, right? Don't you know that Green Shirt, Blue Shirt, Flowered Shirt, and Tinfoil Dress would end up in the bin? Boob would try to pull them out.. Clint and Stacey have likely decided that Fundy Misery Fashion is a lost cause, particularly if Boob is there to try to control everything,  I can just see their side eye and smizing  thru MeChelle going on about how modest she is and that her headship would have to approve everything.  Sad how we already know how this episode wil play out before we even start.

The only thing that would be even more amazing is Carson Cressley and company doing a Queer Eye for the Straight Guy makeover on Boob.  Now that I would watch.

its such a pity they can't see past their blatant and blighted  homophobia to realize the contribution gay men make towards fashion sense and aesthetics.  They always like to tell gays what an abomination they are not realizing what an abomination ugly flowered dresses and crunchy mullets are to gay men!

• Love 7
Just now, Arwen Evenstar said:

I know, right? Don't you know that Green Shirt, Blue Shirt, Flowered Shirt, and Tinfoil Dress would end up in the bin? Boob would try to pull them out.. Clint and Stacey have likely decided that Fundy Misery Fashion is a lost cause, particularly if Boob is there to try to control everything,  I can just see their side eye and smizing  thru MeChelle going on about how modest she is and that her headship would have to approve everything.  Sad how we already know how this episode wil play out before we even start.

The only thing that would be even more amazing is Carson Cressley and company doing a Queer Eye for the Straight Guy makeover on Boob.  Now that I would watch.

its such a pity they can't see past their blatant and blighted  homophobia to realize the contribution gay men make towards fashion sense and aesthetics.  They always like to tell gays what an abomination they are not realizing what an abomination ugly flowered dresses and crunchy mullets are to gay men!

Triple love this!!!

• Love 1
(edited)
50 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

The thing is, though, I'm pretty sure Duggar-theology-and-behavior-principles oppose aesthetics of any kind. I believe that they dress the way they do to stand out from the crowd with all our vanities. By dressing in the ugliest, dimmest things imaginable they show how special they are in a world that's consumed with appearances.

So the gay men in the world of aesthetics are, to the Duggars, most likely just confirming homosexuality's unbreakable bonds to Satan.

I mean this seriously, by the way, even though it sounds like a joke. They reject knowledge and education because of the bonehead idea that God created those as false idols to trick people into abandoning him, and I'm pretty sure they reject aesthetics, fashion and art for the same reason. In the case of art, it's the same notion that condemns Catholics for actually worshiping statues and paintings, which a fundie I know just mentioned to me a couple of days ago, describing her Catholic sister. On this line, all things of this world -- even, and maybe especially, even good ones -- are to be (ostentatiously!) shunned because they're surely false idols. They're eye-traps, as the vile Bill Gothard would say. So anything that's an abomination to gay aesthetes is probably by definition totes the holiest of holies to Jesus, I expect, for the Duggs.

Not that I believe they could articulate this these days. I think their religion has been going on automatic pilot for years now. But I'm sure this is where it started out.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

The thing is, though, I'm pretty sure Duggar-theology-and-behavior-principles oppose aesthetics of any kind. I believe that they dress the way they do to stand out from the crowd with all our vanities. By dressing in the ugliest, dimmest things imaginable they show how special they are in a world that's consumed with appearances.

So the gay men in the world of aesthetics are, to the Duggars, most likely just confirming homosexuality's unbreakable bonds to Satan.

I mean this seriously, by the way, even though it sounds like a joke. They reject knowledge and education because of the bonehead idea that God created those as false idols to trick people into abandoning him, and I'm pretty sure they reject aesthetics, fashion and art for the same reason. In the case of art, it's the same notion that condemns Catholics for actually worshiping statues and paintings, which a fundie I know just mentioned to me a couple of days ago, describing her Catholic sister. On this line, all things of this world -- even, and maybe especially, even good ones -- are to be (ostentatiously!) shunned because they're surely false idols. They're eye-traps, as the vile Bill Gothard would say. So anything that's an abomination to gay aesthetes is probably by definition totes the holiest of holies to Jesus, I expect, for the Duggs.

Not that I believe they could articulate this these days. I think their religion has been going on automatic pilot for years now. But I'm sure this is where it started out.

Churchie, I don't disagree with your theory. It's likely closer to What  Goes  on In Tiny  Duggar Minds.   Modest and flattering are not mutually exclusive and they don't necessarily need a gay man for a wardrobe consultant, but in the words of RuPaul..."but it sho do help!"

• Love 4
12 hours ago, Absolom said:

I meant to say semi fitted..you're absolutely right.

• Love 1
37 minutes ago, Bitter Betty said:

I wonder if the lure of $5000 of free clothes would tempt Boob. Also ratings and a chance to get in front of people again. I don't watch their shows but I would totally watch this cross over.

I'm sure that Clint and Stacey could work within a given neckline, sleeve length, moderate to loose fit and skirt length...they'd still have plenty to work with.  The stylist wouldn't make her cut her hair but if he could clean up that dead possum on her head and a deep conditioning treatment. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand Carmindy could do the invisible makeup for a natural look. Let her shop in a proper department store like Nordstrom rather than a thrift store. Nothing wrong with thrift shopping if one has fashion sense 

• Love 2

I think Michelle is just nuts and stuck in a time period that was "happy".

I have a psychologist friend and he says when you see people stuck in a huge time warp, it indicates that that time period was their happiest and they are trying to hold on to it and relive it.

The J girls don't have a style that is common in our American culture but they look acceptable. And sometimes, they actually look nice. Maybe their style is not my taste exactly but they look acceptable.

Michelle looks really mentally unstable with that hair.  to me, it screams "I'm a nutcase!!!"

• Love 15

How is TLC gonna get their mugs back on the air for the wedding? America hate JB and Michelle just as much as Josh. NO ONE WANTS TO SEE THEM! At all. If I see Michelle speak on TV ever again I will punch the damn screen.

I'm sure Josh will make out with Anna at this wedding too, or walk around with a visible erection, or something. Gotta have that attention.

• Love 2

Gag, a wedding is the perfect way to sneak Smuggar back on the screen with the smallest amount of complaint. The leghumpers will lord it over us critics, who will just be more pissed off at TLC than we already are for giving these fruitcakes ANY kind of platform to spew their hate. 

• Love 1

Yeah, JB and J'chelle will be BACK this season. There is no way that Jinger will pick out a wedding dress without J'chelle there because "my mother is my best friend" [TM], and she will be there for wedding showers, and someone will get the bright idea to hang up J'chelle's dress at the church (or maybe she should just weat it -- that would be so special!!!).

JB will be front an center explaining for the umpteenth time about their "courting" rules and how they young couple entirely chooses their own rules which just happen to coincide with Gothard's rules straight from the Wisdom booklet. There will be another excrutiating episode of him "reluctantly" allowing them to court, and another when he asks for her hand.

Ugh, ugh, ugh. I hope that people will scream and write TLC complaining EVERY TIME they show up on screen.

• Love 8

I was thinking muumuu.  They can be gorgeous (my college roommate's daughter was married on Kauai; the bridal party wore muumuus and the ladies and their attire were just so beautiful).  They're not all defrauding and they lend themselves to being modest for the freaky fundie wearer.  They can wear flip flops, have their stupid 300 pound hair draped evenly to help balance them, nobody will see Mechelle's knees (thankfully no animated blurring or black bars or whatever they did to spare us the sight to ensure straight men don't divorce their wives).  Everybody wins.  And they can do the 'reception' food on the cheap.......bring in a food truck, throw some pineapple and shave ice at the saps in the parking lot whilst Jinger and Jeremy scoop up the loot from the thousand guests and go bonk for a while.  Problem solved. 

Hilo Hattie's may save the day if they don't mind mixing fabrics like polyester and vinyl.  I'll be in the Prayer Closet.  :) 

• Love 11

Hi, Arwen.  Been a busy few weeks so I've been lurking more than posting.  I'm still reeling but I'm sure Boob and Mullet are plotting some huge reveal to slay us all (and provide snark materiel but this new son-in-law creeps me).  Someone HAS to be knocked-up and they're saving the announcement. 

I'll bring a couple of bottles to the Prayer Closet so we can chit chat.  :)

• Love 4
52 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I'm just sick that these assholes have now squeezed their way back onto TV. And Smuggar WILL be shown on this next "season of life/"

Is Smuggar does a breakaway show, we'll at least have some fun coming up with a new snarky title,

• Love 2

I'm not sure we'll see Josh in any real way next season. He really only had bit parts in Jill's & Jessa's weddings, so I'm thinking we can expect the same for Jinger's wedding.

I think JB & M will be shown, but briefly like in the show now. Like the another poster said, with the Duggar females wedding dress shopping and when JB walks Jinger down the isle.

We may catch glimpses of Josh, and he'll likely be in the wedding pics, but I think TLC knows that 'too soon', is really 'never'.

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

We may catch glimpses of Josh, and he'll likely be in the wedding pics, but I think TLC knows that 'too soon', is really 'never'.

The tragedy of this is that the Duggars will universally believe that this is because he tried to have an affair with a sex worker, not because he engaged in intra-family molestation of children and after his parents swept that under the rug and hushed up the girls, they all thought it was great for him to bound around the country condemning other people's sexual makeups and behavior.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 16
On May 7, 2016 at 8:50 PM, Vaysh said:

She quoted it after they found out that Jubilee was dead so I can't really fault her for not coming up with something more profound. I can't honestly snark on Michelle for that moment, her tears looked real enough.

She actually made me cry when she quoted that. I think it was appropriate for a moment of grief and disappointment. She was relying on her faith to get her through and emotional time.

• Love 5
21 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

I'm sure that Clint and Stacey could work within a given neckline, sleeve length, moderate to loose fit and skirt length...they'd still have plenty to work with.  The stylist wouldn't make her cut her hair but if he could clean up that dead possum on her head and a deep conditioning treatment. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand Carmindy could do the invisible makeup for a natural look. Let her shop in a proper department store like Nordstrom rather than a thrift store. Nothing wrong with thrift shopping if one has fashion sense 

They worked in modest confines when Mayim Bialik was on the show. It was when she decided it was time to go back into show business. If I remember when she first came on, she really looked like Amy Farrah Fowler, and they got her almost to where she is now. So, if the Duggars could look past their prejudices, it could work.

• Love 1

IIRC, Mayim Biyalik is an Orthodox or Ultra Conservative Jewish woman, and they really know how to rock modest dress.  With Clint being openly gay, I can only see them not want to be on the show for that reason, which is narrow minded and idiotic.  Does Michelle really think she could defraud a gay man? 

Sorry honey that won't happen! I have a gay guy friend and I was his beard for YEARS, and he thought  I was beautiful but he knew who he was and I always accepted that.  Even his mom said to both of us that even though she accepts and loves him for who he is, she once said she wishes he was straight so I could be her daughter in law.  We've been friends for 20 years and I love him dearly. 

• Love 4
19 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Gag, a wedding is the perfect way to sneak Smuggar back on the screen with the smallest amount of complaint. The leghumpers will lord it over us critics, who will just be more pissed off at TLC than we already are for giving these fruitcakes ANY kind of platform to spew their hate. 

Worst possible scenario: JinJins and Jer bolt down the aisle for their private first kiss so SmugAnna will step in to demonstrate with one of their nausea inducing lip peck style of fish kisses. Bleck!

3 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

IIRC, Mayim Biyalik is an Orthodox or Ultra Conservative Jewish woman, and they really know how to rock modest dress.  With Clint being openly gay, I can only see them not want to be on the show for that reason, which is narrow minded and idiotic.  Does Michelle really think she could defraud a gay man? 

Sorry honey that won't happen! I have a gay guy friend and I was his beard for YEARS, and he thought  I was beautiful but he knew who he was and I always accepted that.  Even his mom said to both of us that even though she accepts and loves him for who he is, she once said she wishes he was straight so I could be her daughter in law.  We've been friends for 20 years and I love him dearly. 

This makes me wonder if in some level Michelle would feel good if she could defraud Clinton; that would mean he was "cured," right? And that Jesus worked a miracle through her?

i don't know why I am musing on this since it would never happen. 

• Love 1
On 6/23/2016 at 1:11 AM, Kokapetl said:

I don't think the Queen chooses her own outfits. She actually didn't even wear the same (expensive, designer, tailored) outfits more than once until some point in the nineties. 

Nicest thing Michelle could do for Jinger's inevitable wedding is cut her damn hair. 

Hartnell is still dressing the Queen. She looks pretty good for 90. ;-)

Remember the big People Magazine makeover when they all made such an issue over not cutting their hair? Jim Boob can't stand any other look than "hot 80's cheerleader" at his house. He probably also gets off on the fact that he's the onnnnllyyyyyyy onnnnnnnnne who's ever seen his wife naked. He must cover everything at all times.

There's a difference between modesty and ridiculous. J-Chelle will never figure this out. I'm looking for her to show up in something that rivals the silver scales dress on the "OMG, can you believe she's wearing that?!!?" scale. She must be the center of attention at any cost. And she loves bling, you know!

21 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Third time is the charm.

When the LGBT community gets involved, TLC will wish they were never born. Jinger's gay-hating fiance may be the bridge too far in a lot of ways.

18 minutes ago, Kokapetl said:

IMG_4809.jpg

"Yeah, I totally look hot"

Gah, that picture is making me CRINGE. Her hair looks so brittle and crunchy, like the curling iron would just burn it right off.

• Love 3
40 minutes ago, Aja said:

Gah, that picture is making me CRINGE. Her hair looks so brittle and crunchy, like the curling iron would just burn it right off.

I'm guessing this is the end result when you've abused AquaNet for 30+ years.

• Love 4
(edited)
3 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

IMG_4809.jpg

This is your hair.

This is Aquanet.

This is your hair on Aquanet.

Any questions?

Aaaaaaaaaaaad here's that famous countenance enhancing Green Shirt?

Edited by Arwen Evenstar
  • Love 9
23 hours ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

This makes me wonder if in some level Michelle would feel good if she could defraud Clinton; that would mean he was "cured," right? And that Jesus worked a miracle through her?

The plot of the hilarious and thought-provoking  film "Saved" is quite similar to this. A Christian teen girl sacrifices her virginity to try to cure her boyfriend of his gayness.  (Spoiler: it doesn't work.)

• Love 4

I was just talking to a friend of mine and we were discussing the episode where Blobs father was being pushed around in the office chair.  We came to the conclusion that he was doing this to prove to us that even though his father so called abused him that he was a great son by taking great care of his dad.

1 hour ago, Portia said:

The plot of the hilarious and thought-provoking  film "Saved" is quite similar to this. A Christian teen girl sacrifices her virginity to try to cure her boyfriend of his gayness.  (Spoiler: it doesn't work.)

Jessa often makes think of that scene where Mandy Moore chucks the Bible at the other girl while screaming "I am FILLED with the LOVE of CHRIST."

• Love 6

Quite possibly one of the best descriptions of Michelle Duggar ever.  Pity I can't take credit for it. Came from a raw story poster:

Michelle Duggar reminds me of one of those gravid, bloated termite queens who's sole function is to pump out one egg after another. And now 2 of her younger queens have left to start nests of their own.

59 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Quite possibly one of the best descriptions of Michelle Duggar ever.  Pity I can't take credit for it. Came from a raw story poster:

Michelle Duggar reminds me of one of those gravid, bloated termite queens who's sole function is to pump out one egg after another. And now 2 of her younger queens have left to start nests of their own.

pfft. Don't termites (and ants) eat the males they breed with? See ya, Jim Bob.

Michelle's lack of humanity makes here more like this queen:

tumblr_m2ad1otJp81r5cmwmo3_500.gif

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

pfft. Don't termites (and ants) eat the males they breed with? See ya, Jim Bob.

Michelle's lack of humanity makes here more like this queen:

tumblr_m2ad1otJp81r5cmwmo3_500.gif

Yes, if that's the Alien Queen's version of blanket training or "chastening".