Type keyword(s) to search

Season 4 Talk

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

On this episode, Mike reminds the world that Jessica is 25 years old and once again my jaw drops. Homegirl looks like she's middle aged (not to say that middle aged isn't beautiful!!) and she desperately needs to lay off the plastic surgery.

I mourn the sweet, fresh-faced Jessica from 2(?) seasons ago, but at least I don't feel bad for her anymore.  Jessica, thank you for showing me you're not too good for him after all. 

• Love 5

MJ with all of her sexual remarks and little girl talk is getting annoying, also her breasts scare the heck out of me.

Darth Vida was pretty reserved at the doggy memorial.

No surprise GG got blackout drunk on her date. I wonder if she is going to accuse this poor guy of trying to mount her?

ASSifa, he either wants to marry you and have children or not. It's looking like NOT!

• Love 4

Mike's open eyed Rapid Eye Movement during his conversation with Jessica at dinner was disconcerting. The moment she opened her mouth to speak, the sound of her voice sent Mike's eyes into uncontrollable movement. He couldn't seem to look her in the eyes. 

Whenever I watch this show I pretty much fast forwarded through the majority of the scenes and watch for the arguments. 

• Love 4

I can't believe myself but I absolutely busted out, laughing my ASS OFF when MJ and GG were at the taxidermist's studio.  OMFG.  I don't know why I laughed so hard (I spit wine out - I was sooo pissed off that I got wine all over myself) but I've never gaffawed, chortled, snorted so hard before (whatever) and I watch most of the Bravo fare.  I rolled my eyes, ready to FF the entire taxidermy scene(s).  Jeez.  Stupid MJ not knowing about dead animals being stuffed on top of everything else?  Of course! MJ.  Yes, leave live eyeballs (and such) in the animal carcass to rot and smell. 

• Love 3

Jessica is really something. We're going to get married. Then we will wait six months and have a kid. Then I will cut your balls off and you will be under my control for the rest of your life. 

I'm beginning to think she calls all the shots in that relationship. Mike is 100% pussy whipped. 

• Love 6
(edited)

I'm not really sure what Mike or Jessica see in each other.  By his own admission he hasn't been very successful since the bottom fell out of the market, and she is really unpleasant.  I was shocked to find out that she was only 25 years old in this episode.  She made it seem like she'd been waiting decades for Mike to marry her in the proposal scene, when she was hysterically crying "I'm going to be a wiiiiiife!".  

She does have a nice tan, she did convert for him, and she cooked him breakfast one episode... maybe that's enough for Mike.  

If Asifa really wants a another ring from Bobby, she should probably stop with the emasculating comments.  It's probably all for show, and maybe they really have a great relationship... but she seems to put a little too much belief into her pretty pretty princess act.

What is wrong with GG?  Sometimes she can act nice and normal, like when MJ was chasing her with the corpse of Pablo, i certainly wouldn't have handled that very well... She does seem to have some long term friends like Anita and Asifa...

She admits she has no filter, maybe she has some kind of undiagnosed autism or something... Also, when you drink to blackout every time you get nervous, you have a problem.  When it is happening regularly in your thirties, you have a problem.  I hope that she gets some help.  She hasn't reached Kim Richards levels yet, but that could be her future if she doesn't figure it out.

Edited by balshureen
  • Love 1

Mike is a loser, a wannabe that never will be - and butt ugly.  I say replace him in the cast with Sherwin. 

Jessica is right about one thing, Reza is not a good person.   I see nothing in his "relationship" with Adam, but then Adam comes across as the most boring.

There was something comic tragic about Pablo's death.  GG's reactions when MJ was cradling him in the blanket and when they were at the taxidermist were priceless.

The best part of SOS - the food.

• Love 1

What is wrong with GG?  Sometimes she can act nice and normal, like when MJ was chasing her with the corpse of Pablo, i certainly wouldn't have handled that very well... She does seem to have some long term friends like Anita and Asifa...

Alcohol is what is wrong with GG. She needs to not drink. Ever. 

• Love 4

GG is  a weirdo.  There has to be some sort of  prescribed medication you can take so that you don't get blackout drunk just because you're nervous.  It's awesome that her date wasn't into the whole "let me take advantage of the drunk girl" but if it had been another dude? Or someone NOT on camera?  Anything could have happened.  Get drunk because you want to, fine. Get drunk because you suck at human interaction? That's an issue.

And now it's doubly clear that Mike has no idea why the hell GG decided to open her mouth about Turkey.  If he tried something, and sometime after that they sang Celine Dion on a totally different vacation, all her "I'm so nervous with my secret that I must share with the world" is just as much a lie as I always thought it was.  Going around intimating that it was such a thing that made it so hard to be around Mike after, absolutely does paint a picture that Mike tried to force her to do something.  

With that being said, Jessica is harpy who put in her however many years and decided that was too much time to start over.  Everyone can see this marriage is not going to work, but she's dedicated.  Thinking she can pick his friends, or berate them into acting how she thinks they should act...all of these people are 30+.  They are who they are and surely don't care what a surly nurse thinks of them.

• Love 2
(edited)

After last night's show I just have to ask... can someone help me out ......when it comes to relationships...

Are there many people,  normal people who aren't on TV, who are in CLEARLY dysfunctional relationships like:

-- Jessica and Mike ....AND Adam and Reza...AND Asifa and Bobby

Also dysfunctional ...MJ's relationship with Vida......and GG's relationship with HERSELF.....

Look at the issues these people are having. They're settling. They all have MULTIPLE self esteem issues, They don't' know themselves. And let's not even get into the COMMUNICATION issues,.....or LACK of communication skills.

Asa is the only one who's grounded in the strength of knowing who she is. Say what you want about her fake or weird spiritualness (as opposed to spirituality) -- I don't see her in a relationship that's NOT working. I don't see her putting up with BS -- in ANY of her relationships or interactions.

I know in real life we've likely all seen couples where we shrug a little bit, and say I don't get what he sees in her -- or I don't get what she sees in him. BUT IF the couple CLICKS on all cylinders and are GOOD for each other...support each other love each other -- is each other's ROCK...well then that's all e can say..."we don't get it  -- but it works for them, who would of thought." We don't get it but at least we see the LOVE. But the couples on this show are ridiculous.  The "WHY" -- of why they're together IS BECAUSE OF each of their separate dysfunctions. That -- for me is what I always finds soooo sad. Their dysfunctions don't allow them to stand up for themselves and demand to be treated with the respect they should be. Adam, Reza....Mike, Jessica....Asifa, Bobby....MJ., Vida.....GG and everyone.....absolute, utter and total dysfunction....in their LOVE lives. But oddly enough NOT (so much) in the GROUP dynamic. THAT works (for the most part).

I suppose I've watched enough Dr. Phil, Oprah, Jerry Springer, and Maury to know there REALLY are a lot of eff'd up people in the world. But I'll be damned if it doesn't still shock me, when I see it played out like on this show.

...unless you think all these Shah dysfunctionalities are just fake story lines for a show....I just don't think so. But I've been fooled before....

Edited by selhars
  • Love 4

It was nice to see Vida supporting MJ without making snide comments.

I liked Reza rocking the afro at Asifa's birthday party, then he ruined it with the cake fight. And who invites someone to their wedding but says "don't bring your fiance!"? I get why Reza doesn't want her there, but either invite them both and suck it up or invite neither. And, btw, Reza, you ARE a shitty person, just because Jessica is a harpy with too much plastic surgery does not negate your assholishness.

I can't wait for Reza's bachelor party, it should be a hot mess.

At the doggie funeral,  where was MJ's boyfriend? There was no excuse for him not to be there except maybe he isn't really her boyfriend....

Or he has a real job and was working while they filmed the funeral.

• Love 3
(edited)
I liked Reza rocking the afro at Asifa's birthday party, then he ruined it with the cake fight. And who invites someone to their wedding but says "don't bring your fiance!"? I get why Reza doesn't want her there, but either invite them both and suck it up or invite neither. And, btw, Reza, you ARE a shitty person, just because Jessica is a harpy with too much plastic surgery does not negate your assholishness.

I get Reza.  He's known Mike for a long time, he's like his friend to be at his wedding.  Reza doesn't want a nasty harpy who walks around with a long face everywhere and is just plain nasty, to put a damper on everything, I can't say I blame him.  Fuck convention and protocol and etiquette, I wouldn't want Jessica at my wedding either.  Maybe if Jessica wasn't such a witch, Reza wouldn't have said that.  

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 3

I'd forgotten about Gigi's pathetic date. I was embarrassed for her.

As nasty as Vida is, she's still an elder and I thought it was tacky of them to be arguing and using profanity in front of her.

Asifa is just odd. Asa, for god's sake, don't move the catnips! I'm afraid your mother will kick your ass.

I've always thought Jessica was homely. I said that from her first appearance on the show. But at least she didn't talk. Now I feel completely guiltless in calling her homely.

• Love 3

Asa is the only one who's grounded in the strength of knowing who she is.

She seems to have a really good heart and she tries hard to be a peacemaker.  So I can overlook her bizzare outfits and other flaws.

• Love 4

I get that MJ is "joking" about Reza sleeping with other guys at his bachelor party, but the way both she and Reza talk about these things shows neither of them respect Adam at all. I don't know why Reza went through with that marriage. Such bad relationships on this show. Did MJ and Charlie break up?

Woof Jessica's lips are scary. So much unnecessary plastic surgery and that girl seems miserable.

GG has always been a trashy mess but I'm usually on her side. This season I just can't be. Remember when MJ felt the need to tell GG's boyfriend she had cheated on him? These people go from hating and betraying each other to best friends again every season.

• Love 2
(edited)

I still fail to see why Adam and Reza are together. I see zero chemistry between them and the way he spoke at the 1970's Bollywood party was terrible. Yeah, starting that food fight was a real classy move, Reza.

Did I understand that GG gets wasted drunk when she goes on a date and assumes he's going to take advantage of her?

Edited by Ubiquitous
  • Love 1

On this episode, Mike reminds the world that Jessica is 25 years old and once again my jaw drops. Homegirl looks like she's middle aged (not to say that middle aged isn't beautiful!!) and she desperately needs to lay off the plastic surgery.

I mourn the sweet, fresh-faced Jessica from 2(?) seasons ago, but at least I don't feel bad for her anymore.  Jessica, thank you for showing me you're not too good for him after all. 

She has become such a bitchy pill inside so of course it shows on he face and in her demeanor.

• Love 2
(edited)

Jessica is really something. We're going to get married. Then we will wait six months and have a kid. Then I will cut your balls off and you will be under my control for the rest of your life. 

I'm beginning to think she calls all the shots in that relationship. Mike is 100% pussy whipped. 

Jessica chewed off Mike's balls some time before they got married. They were not going to get between her and her wedding ring

I don't understand why MJ is not stuffing her dog, she stuffed Pablo while he was alive. Man that dog was fat.

edited for a stupid typo

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 5

Totally agree with Reza and Adam and their decision not to have Mike and Jessica there. I hope they didn't cave.  If Jessica cared for Mike an his feelings, and respected the relationship that exists between Mike and the crew she should have encouraged him to go alone.

She doesn't have to like his friends but she should respect their long standing connection. If Jessica was honest he is as much of a mess as they are.

• Love 2

I can't believe myself but I absolutely busted out, laughing my ASS OFF when MJ and GG were at the taxidermist's studio.  OMFG.  I don't know why I laughed so hard (I spit wine out - I was sooo pissed off that I got wine all over myself) but I've never gaffawed, chortled, snorted so hard before (whatever) and I watch most of the Bravo fare.  I rolled my eyes, ready to FF the entire taxidermy scene(s).  Jeez.  Stupid MJ not knowing about dead animals being stuffed on top of everything else?  Of course! MJ.  Yes, leave live eyeballs (and such) in the animal carcass to rot and smell.

What amused me was GG's wide-eyed horror with the entire situation. That, plus the Norman Bates creepiness of the taxidermist, really made the scene for me.

"Were these [animals] all alive at some point?!"

"I'm not sitting on Bambi!!"

"Is that a real cat??!"

"Don't take [Julio's] skin from him!"

Asifa and Bobby's relationship makes me itchy. I don't like watching it. She's a pill. And he's fussy.

Where was MJ's bf during Pablo's funeral?

• Love 2

In Reza's first TH of the episode, he was channeling Hercule Poirot! That little curlicue of black hair on his forehead did the trick.

GG has a true substance abuse issue. I dont find her camera time entertaining at all.

MJ has actually had plastic surgery to increase her butt and breast size, right? She should stop now.

I dont understand these people at all. None of them is nice or decent. To me, every single one holds a level of nasty and dark heart to a degree that I've never met in real life.

• Love 1

What amused me was GG's wide-eyed horror with the entire situation. That, plus the Norman Bates creepiness of the taxidermist, really made the scene for me.

"Were these [animals] all alive at some point?!"

"I'm not sitting on Bambi!!"

"Is that a real cat??!"

"Don't take [Julio's] skin from him!"

Asifa and Bobby's relationship makes me itchy. I don't like watching it. She's a pill. And he's fussy.

Where was MJ's bf during Pablo's funeral?

I thought I saw the boyfriend sitting on the couch while MJ was giving the dog's eulogy.

I get that MJ is "joking" about Reza sleeping with other guys at his bachelor party, but the way both she and Reza talk about these things shows neither of them respect Adam at all. I don't know why Reza went through with that marriage. Such bad relationships on this show. Did MJ and Charlie break up?

Was she though? I didn't get the feeling she was kidding at all. Both MJ and Reza act skeevy as hell.

Of all the Shahs, Asa looked the best in Indian attire. She was actually wearing her sari properly so kudos to her. I own a lot of Indian clothes myself and they are not cheap--especially formal wear with hand embroidered borders, gold zari work, beading, etc. That is not something you can toss into the laundry. I would be royally pissed if someone intentionally threw food on my sherwani.

I don't think Mike is miffed about missing Reza's wedding so much as he is about missing out on an all expenses paid trip to Thailand by Bravo. 

And Reza? Drop the act. Don't pretend like this decision to wed in Thailand was last minute. Bravo is surely picking up the tap and these arrangements were made months before filming even began.

• Love 4

Did anyone else notice GG asking her date if he was intimidated by her, and then being surprised when he said he wasn't?

What, exactly, is he supposed to be intimidated by? Is she blindingly beautiful, and I just don't see it?

• Love 1

Did anyone else notice GG asking her date if he was intimidated by her, and then being surprised when he said he wasn't?

What, exactly, is he supposed to be intimidated by? Is she blindingly beautiful, and I just don't see it?

GG is visibly crazy. And that can be a little intimidating.

But some men like their bitches crazy [/Dave Nelson]

• Love 3

Why would anybody be intimidated by Gigi she is a Chihuahua that thinks she is a Rottweiler and she perceives her version of psycho as strength not bat shit crazy.

• Love 2

I'll bet GG thought her date would be intimidated by her "fame", but didn't want to spell it out.

• Love 2

I'll bet GG thought her date would be intimidated by her "fame", but didn't want to spell it out.

I would have loved for her date to spit out "Oh are you also on the Shahs show that Jessica I forgot  her last name is on?"

• Love 1
(edited)

I loved that Bollywood party. That is what i want my wedding to be like, minus the 70's pimp clothing.

Asifa seems to know little about actual Hindi cinema. Here's what I think of when I think of 70s Bollywood, starting at the 3:40min mark:

Edited by Rahul

Not buying that the necklace bobby got asifa was real diamonds.... that thing would cost >100K and yet they seem to be renting an average albeit nice apartment and nothing else screams mega money.

Not buying that the necklace bobby got asifa was real diamonds.... that thing would cost >100K and yet they seem to be renting an average albeit nice apartment and nothing else screams mega money.

It's usually the people that don't "show" their wealth that can actually afford stuff like that, so it's entirely possible that it's legit.

• Love 1

It's usually the people that don't "show" their wealth that can actually afford stuff like that, so it's entirely possible that it's legit.

yeah I guess it's entirely possible but I cant imagine anyone on Shah's of Sunset being the subtle, discreetly wealthy type. First clue was Asifa's question "how much was this?" My guess is that Shervin was some sort of Nerd in IT that made a load of money and transformed into his playboy persona after the fact. The other's seem moderately wealthy.

Reza and Adam get their marriage license, yet troubles spin around the relationship. Meanwhile, MJ aspires to throw the ultimate bachelor party, but without Asa's knowledge; and a secret slips.

I'm done with this show, the unlikablilty of the entire cast has gotten out of control, and I fell like the bad guys are "winning" somehow, when I realize there are no good guys (except Sherwin)

• GG.  A lifetime brat who thinks people think she's tough, cool, and a "player", when she actually has major emotional issues most notably her pining after Mike for a decade and one she finally gets him drunk, alone, and far enough away from Jessica, she uses that to punish Mike for rejecting her all these years.
  • MJ.Is so miserable that her greatest joy is finding creative ways to ruin her friends' relationships and that's all she's got.  
  • Asifa and man.  Her unlikability is pretty obvious and very surface, no need to elaborate.
  • Jessica.  She is the American that gives women a bad name.  Marriage is an accomplishment, and as she said at that dinner, she put a lot of hard work into her relationship with Mike, and all these things are building as equity for the misery she's going to put Mike through in their lifetime.  I can already picture on their wedding night she'll kiss Mike like Michael kissed Fredo, "I know you F'd GG that night in Turkey MIke, and I'm never going to let you forget it for the next 50 years."  She will call all the shots and Mike will obey so guiilt ridden for her conversion to Judaism, GG, his "horrible" friends, etc.
  • MIke.  He is so desperate to be a rich, big shot, he is doing anything he can except actually work hard and get mentored by the RIGHT people.  He's convinced himself that being married is what he should do and has convinced himself that Jessica is the one.  No matter what. 

The show is all about Mike, MJ, and GG taking turns being pariah and once they get back "in" they will do anything to stay in the favor of others, no matter how many lied detectors it takes.  I've even lost it for Reza and Asa for not questining GG's motives enough on the "Turkey incident".  and of course I feel bad for Adam since Reza really isn't ready to be married and he'll pay the price for it.

At the end of the day, there are far too many unlikeable people screwing people over, not being questioned about it by their friends, and getting away with it.  There is no one to "root for" on this show except Sherwin and he's sensible enough to not get involved tood deeply.

I used to be intrigued, learning about Persian-Americans and their unique situations like Reza and his dad, but now the show is filled with way too many fluff scenes and what isn't fluff is just frustrating seeing wrong win out.  I used to be glued to this show, now I watch it on DVR days later, now I don't want to watch it all ...

• Love 1

Well even if Shervin and Nima aren't brothers they could pass. I am still wondering how they afford their crazy lifestyle, or if it's all a front for the show so they can replace Mike next season? I'm pretty sure Jessica will have Mike's balls in a mason jar on her nightstand by then (and she'll be knocked up, since it will likely coincide with her "timeline") and he won't be allowed to as much as associate with the rest of the cast. Seriously, why is he such a pussy around her? I mean I get that he loves her (or seems to...whatever) but why doesn't he stick up for at least everyone else except GG (who even though I do believe he made moves on her he probably believes by outing it she's doing him dirty). Jessica is a very nasty, ugly person....both inside and out. Sad thing is she used to be a pretty girl too, very "girl next door" type. But either the LA lifestyle or just working for a plastic surgeon (wonder if that was planned..) got to her and whatever work she's had did nothing to enhance her beauty. It made her look unnaturally old. Girlfriend is 25 and could pass for 40. So sad.

I think Adam is a trophy husband.

Adam's a nice guy but average-looking and doesn't come from money. I can't see what either he or Reza gets out of their relationship.

As a Persian, I'm always surprised that non-Persians would have any interest in this show. It's just not that good. (With such a huge population to choose from, Bravo went out of its way to find a cast that's too old and mostly unattractive. They waited until season 4 to cast a total hottie like Asifa?) So I've found this forum really interested to read.