Type keyword(s) to search

Blood, Sweat & Heels - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Or maybe their romance was just a marketing ploy for his career. Maybe his alternative spelling is an homage to such other illiterates as Fabolous and Ludacris.

Not that I condone it, but I think that Ludacris's goal was in his mind a clever take on his first name, which is Christopher. But I totally do not understand why Arzo is in the least bit interested in that boy. Where the fuck did she even meet him? And I'm sorry, even if he was self-supporting and making some money she still couldn't bring him home to her parents with his misspelled name and tattoo covered neck. He's a hot mess and they have NO chemistry whatsoever. What the hell is wrong with her because she clearly has some issues to be dragging his sorry ass on TV. I would love to know how the parents responded when they got a load of that on their television screen.

• Love 3

I can see why Demetria and Greg are attracted to each other. They are both scolds. Chantelle and Mica were definitely too loud, but as Demetria's PR person stated, you don't escalate the situation into a scene. That's exactly what Greg did, it backfired, and he looked like an ass.

Will wonders never cease - Geneva handled the situation with class.

So how many times are we going to see Daisy's bed covered with medical bills? And the bizarre, unrealistic drama over the chemo delivery? Hmmmmm...it's beginning to seem like attention-seeking behavior.

I FFed through the entire Arzo/boy toy scene. Boring.

• Love 1

So how many times are we going to see Daisy's bed covered with medical bills? And the bizarre, unrealistic drama over the chemo delivery? Hmmmmm...it's beginning to seem like attention-seeking behavior.

I would disagree that this is attention-seeking behavior, as I don't think most people with cancer have the wherewithal (or energy, for that matter) to develop ploys for attention. That said, I did think it was kind of silly for her to have the medicine sent to Demetria's venue. With something that important, I would have simply stayed home and explained and apologized to Demetria later. 

Arzo's speaking voice grates like no other. Every word that comes out of her mouth sounds like an affectation. It might just be considered a California accent, but it's driving me batty. I wouldn't be surprised if she isn't asked back for S3. 

• Love 1

I can't help but wonder if this were a mandatory event with some penalty for non-attendance, and that's why Daisy had to risk missing a chemo delivery and Chantelle refused to leave the venue (why she couldn't just shut the hell up for a few minutes is a mystery to me).  

Even if I thought the medical bills all over the bed are a ploy for attention, I like it as a reminder for what bills for medical expenses actually look like.  I think sometimes we collectively sweep it aside, putting it on tv every week can't hurt.

Arzo's speaking voice grates like no other. Every word that comes out of her mouth sounds like an affectation. It might just be considered a California accent, but it's driving me batty. I wouldn't be surprised if she isn't asked back for S3.

I'm from her hometown (Concord), it's not something I've really heard before.  She's really not bringing anything, I wonder why they brought her on in the first place.

• Love 3

I'm from her hometown (Concord), it's not something I've really heard before. She's really not bringing anything, I wonder why they brought her on in the first place.

Hey you, Alameda here!! :-)

I love Mica's place. It really is a pretty apartment.

Geneva tries so hard. But fails. Sigh.

Zaldamo, boo, so fun size men attributes become magnified?

No Kat Williams for you!

Can we talk about Daisy's mother's phone call right quick? I'm sure she meant well, and she's right that cancer can return, but damn, mama, can't you be happy that your daughter's cancer free? I had to facepalm along with Daisy's friend when her mom went on about cancer potentially metastasizing and returning because that's what happened to someone she knew. Not the time, mama.

That's how my mama is. Damn Latina moms. In between the "Ay Dios Mios" and the Spanish Inquisition line of questioning, (no pun intended ) you are EXHAUSTED when you get off the phone.

So that scene had me cracking up.

• Love 2
(edited)

So I'm guessing Greg is a middle school principal?  The way he was shooting them that eye of discipline from across the room, then walking and sitting silently in front of the perpertrators was such an administrator move.  I'm not a fan of Chantelle, and i wished she would have toned it down, especially after breaking the damn glass, but if I was there and heard her call Greg "Massa", I would have lost my shit in hysterics!  Just the juxtaposition between the serious, I'm not playing look on his face coupled with her response almost made me roll off my damn couch.  I must say, that now I can see why he and Demetria are together. 

There's only one reason Arzo is with Yesteryear (tm someone upthread much cleverer than me!) - that young 20-something, go all night, D!  He is not that good looking, nor as talented as they keep telling us he is, so it's obviously something else.

Edited by luckyroll3
  • Love 5

I would disagree that this is attention-seeking behavior, as I don't think most people with cancer have the wherewithal (or energy, for that matter) to develop ploys for attention. That said, I did think it was kind of silly for her to have the medicine sent to Demetria's venue. With something that important, I would have simply stayed home and explained and apologized to Demetria later. 

Nodding at bolded.  I also didn't get the delivery to the venue. She said it was so important as to eliminate all the benefits of chemo treatments up to that point if she missed a pill.   The last minuteness makes sense if it's a cost issue, but given how essential this is to her remaining in remission, having it delivered to a random address?  Really?  When this season opened though, she did allude to the girls getting at her about missing their events - and at the time neither they nor we knew why - but now that we know, this really wouldn'tve been worth staying home for?  That seems like the more attention grabbing behavior but it's totally unnecessary.  Each time she has a disappointment, my heart lurches, she does not need to do one extra thing to get me to notice her. 

Zaldamo, boo, so fun size men attributes become magnified?  No Kat Williams for you!

They're accustomed to the scrutiny.  Ah but Mr. Williams represents a personal conundrum.  The combination of intelligence, sense of humor and a big _ _ _ _ lemme search it (™ M. Elliott) is irresistible.  However, an arrest record which includes violent offenses, being the father of 4 or more children, former husband of not one of their mothers = pretty resistible.  Aside from that I could never rock with a dude who thinks the pretty one in the relationship is him.   ;)

• Love 4

Nodding at bolded.  I also didn't get the delivery to the venue. She said it was so important as to eliminate all the benefits of chemo treatments up to that point if she missed a pill.   The last minuteness makes sense if it's a cost issue, but given how essential this is to her remaining in remission, having it delivered to a random address?  Really?  When this season opened though, she did allude to the girls getting at her about missing their events - and at the time neither they nor we knew why - but now that we know, this really wouldn'tve been worth staying home for?  That seems like the more attention grabbing behavior but it's totally unnecessary.  Each time she has a disappointment, my heart lurches, she does not need to do one extra thing to get me to notice her. 

They're accustomed to the scrutiny.  Ah but Mr. Williams represents a personal conundrum.  The combination of intelligence, sense of humor and a big _ _ _ _ lemme search it (™ M. Elliott) is irresistible.  However, an arrest record which includes violent offenses, being the father of 4 or more children, former husband of not one of their mothers = pretty resistible.  Aside from that I could never rock with a dude who thinks the pretty one in the relationship is him.   ;)

Lol!  I so did not know about this!  Makes me look at Kat Williams in a whole new light!

I thought Mica's dude was corny, but they had a similar sense of humor, which was nice.

I was confused by the editing during the scene at Demetria's event. In a couple of preview clips, as well as during the actual scene, it sounds like Chantelle is cackling so hard that she breaks the champagne flute in her hand but, as far as I could tell, that never actually happened. It's why I found it hard to believe that Mica and Chantelle were actually being that loud. It seemed to be a typical Demetria/Greg overreaction or, even more likely, the producers manufacturing drama.

I think it may have been a combination of factors.  She's taking questions so the room is hushed, then it's a small room to begin with.  Then they're seated in a booth that's like right behind her.  I don't think this would've ever been a thing if they were in the back or near the bar, but right behind that tent-y, drapey looking thing she's sitting in front of, you can see Geneva's profile.  Like, they were right there.  To Chantelle's point, that loud isn't loud at all in a nightclub, except for when the nightclub's doubling as a library lol.

lucky, don't pay my nasty self any mind, this is simply the sort of industry gossip that interests me.  Some girls pay attention to who wore what.  Priorities. Lol!

• Love 2

lucky, don't pay my nasty self any mind, this is simply the sort of industry gossip that interests me.  Some girls pay attention to who wore what.  Priorities. Lol!

Lol!  Obviously, I had it on the brain as my previous comment just above yours was speculating on Yesteryear's, uhm, accoutrements and use thereof!  Dirty minds all around.

I forgot to mention in my previous posts that Arzo's hot pink lipstick during that sappy scene with Yesteryear was an unfortunate color choice.  It definitely made her look closer to 50 than 35-ish.

So, in next week's preview we see Greg saying that he doesn't want Geneva at the wedding. I'm really curious about when this book talk/book launch event was in relationship to the time that Geneva lost her damn mind and cracked Melyssa over the head. Since it looks like the show isn't going to show that brawl, there may be a hole in the narrative. I have this feeling that the show will try to make it seem like Greg doesn't want Geneva at the event because she brought Chantelle to the book launch, but my suspicion is that it's in response to the fight.

I think that's the case. The book launch was in late September, and the wedding was on Oct 29 with Geneva's assault on Melyssa being first reported on Oct 22.

It's gotten weird watching this show - I see about 3 friends each episode now! 

In regards to the girls being loud, one of my good friends was at the event and said they WERE loud. She could hear them and people were rolling their eyes at their behavior. 

Also - re: Crabby Shack - the food is good but not good for that long trek! I need them to move a bit closer to a subway station or else this Harlem girl is sticking with Lolo's and The Boil. 

(edited)

I'm loving Daisy's newfound perspective and hair game as well. Her spirit is so good, but what the hell, Daisy's mother??!! "You sure everything's okay? Because my friend's sister's niece had TheCancer (TM Amber and now Daisy'sMother) and they told her she was fine and her foot fell off."

Sidebar, any NYnistas, I would love to take a field trip to Crabby Patty's one weekend, hollatchagirl! lol.

Don't threaten me with a good time. By which I mean, I'm all over a seafood field trip. I live for the meat of the sea.  #hollaring

Also - re: Crabby Shack - the food is good but not good for that long trek! I need them to move a bit closer to a subway station or else this Harlem girl is sticking with Lolo's and The Boil.

Y'all need to get with this, if you haven't already: http://www.northriverlobsterco.com/index.php.  I'm mad I didn't find out about it until September, so only got to make one quick trip on a still-warm September weekend. I'm ready to kick my summer off right this year!

Editing again because, I'm sorry, this ish was just funny to me:

Chantelle really should have just left when asked. It bugs me that she sat there being loud and disruptive, acted like she was above the event, and then referred to Greg as 'massa'. That's what really set Greg off to get the security guard.

It was all in the way she did it, very contrite and head down and then said "yes massa" and everyone busted up. She was 100% wrong for being so disruptive, regular disruptive is like level 5 disruptive for Demetria, but she couldn't know that. And the rest of them were just happy to let her do it and signal "It's not me this time, it's her!" LOL. 

Edited by SnarkKitty
  • Love 2

It was all in the way she did it, very contrite and head down and then said "yes massa" and everyone busted up

I don't even dig Chantelle most times - but that scene? I HOLLERED.

It definitely made her look closer to 50 than 35-ish.

Re: Argo/Arzo: You mean SHE ISN'T close to 50?!  Baby girl looks beat.

PS - ya'll gon get me fired. LMAO!

• Love 2

It's gotten weird watching this show - I see about 3 friends each episode now! 

In regards to the girls being loud, one of my good friends was at the event and said they WERE loud. She could hear them and people were rolling their eyes at their behavior. 

You did not just pull my card.  Lolo's conch fritters?  I'm nailed, I die and I come back to life in 3 days.  GIRL.  Look.  I don't know who's in charge of the navigation and geography of it all, I'm just gonna follow you, but I need air.  This place makes me wanna bust loose and no claustrophobe is she  <---

Don't threaten me with a good time. By which I mean, I'm all over a seafood field trip. I live for the meat of the sea.  #hollaring

and

Y'all need to get with this, if you haven't already: http://www.northriverlobsterco.com/index.php.  I'm mad I didn't find out about it until September, so only got to make one quick trip on a still-warm September weekend. I'm ready to kick my summer off right this year!

Totes Mcgotes about to get my shit deleted for being way offf center, so readthisquick.    Sh'allenge accepted.  Geaux.  Any weekend after Memorial Day, Metrocard's loaded and I'm wearing comfy shoes.  Brooklynista, Producerchick, Snarkkitty, Neurochick, you coming girl?  Lucky, are you tri-state?   Imma be checking on ya'll.   Everybody on this side of the country <---- FaceTime conference call, we'll tell you how the crab was. 

eta:  OMG Jade, are you in NYC?  #foolishnessfieldtrip.  Say yes.

• Love 4

eta:  OMG Jade, are you in NYC?  #foolishnessfieldtrip.  Say yes.

I'm holding down the West Coast in Southern Cali, my friends. :)

(waaahhhh, I wanna go. Ya'll enjoy! I'll be there in spirit!)

• Love 2

Y'all, I'm not trying to be a Demetria-downer, and I'm thrilled that you're all super passionate about the show and have found some friendships through posting here, but please take discussion of a meet-up to the Small Talk thread which is the appropriate place for off-topic stuff. Please and thank you! Don't make me sic Greg on you! (Jk, I'm not that much of a stick in the mud!)

• Love 3
(edited)

>>moved<<

Topic? Fun fact for the poster upthread who liked Mica's apartment - her building was the stand-in for The Carter, the big drug den building of New Jack City fame. Also they filmed Jungle Fever there, in one of the units. It's where Ozzie and Ruby Dee lived. Even with the decline and challenges, I'm so jealous of the size of those huge pre-war apartments I don't even like to accept invitations to dinners there.

Edited by SnarkKitty
  • Love 5

>>moved<<

Topic? Fun fact for the poster upthread who liked Mica's apartment - her building was the stand-in for The Carter, the big drug den building of New Jack City fame. Also they filmed Jungle Fever there, in one of the units. It's where Ozzie and Ruby Dee lived. Even with the decline and challenges, I'm so jealous of the size of those huge pre-war apartments I don't even like to accept invitations to dinners there.

"But you invited them!"  Love that scene.

The main thing I appreciate about this show is seeing regular gals trying to make their way in the city.   No high faluting fancy living, no mini-mansions.  No ladies prancing around on wood floors in 12 inch stilletos.

I'm still trying to catch a sighting of Daisy.  The brownstone they keep showing for her is right up the street from me.  I just want to hug her.  Is that weird?

• Love 3
(edited)

I did not mind the girls having a good time while at Demetrias book launch.  In my experience with event planning it is make sure your guests are always most comfortable...and it is usually the people having a good time who will spend/donate the most. If they were a distraction, just work on lowering the volume...not kicking them out.

Especially since Demetrias books seem like  such quackery. 

Edited by SpringTulips
  • Love 2
(edited)

Chantelle is petty, but I have to admit, I laughed at "Yes Massa" and "Where is Arz-hole?" Greg would've thrown me out too.

I think Mica and Chantelle are two people who cannot whisper. I didn't get it until I realized two of my good friends suffer from the same condition which has lead to some potentially bad situations. All I gotta say is, if you can't whisper, you better know how to fight...or run.

Edited by charmed1
  • Love 7

Never mind the fact that it's self-published. Like, I know someone who wrote a terrible romance novel (featuring-- wait for it-- werewolves) and self-published. And that's not to diminish the success Demetria had with her last book, but this big launch event for this book felt a little self-important. 

I mean, it makes sense. You can't be on a show, have a book launch, get a second season, with a second book, and do less.  Doesn't seem like you should show a diminished product. PLUS, you need to to make money since you published yourself you want to pay yourself

• Love 1
(edited)

I did not mind the girls having a good time while at Demetrias book launch.  In my experience with event planning it is make sure your guests are always most comfortable...and it is usually the people having a good time who will spend/donate the most. If they were a distraction, just work on lowering the volume...not kicking them out.

But trying to get them to leave only came after failed attempts at getting them to lower the volume. Someone above shared that their friends were at the event, and that Mica's and Chantelle's loudness was quite noticeable. I mean, they weren't at some lounge party where glasses were clinking and music was bumping. They were at a sitdown event with a guest and a moderator. Like, any time I've been to something like that, it's been expected that you're not gonna get loud and giggly while the talk is happening. 

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 2

Chantelle and Mica were highly disrespectful with their behavior.  How could they not realize that they were the only ones in the room that were talking while Demetria was being interviewed?  Especially after they were asked to pipe down several times.  At that point, they just became obnoxious. 

• Love 2

I've been to book events and it's generally expected that you give the writer your full attention during Q&A segments. I don't care if Demetria's books are self-published or are poorly written - that was a private event to celebrate her accomplishment. If Chantelle didn't want to be there, she didn't have to be. Her ass really should have left.

• Love 6
(edited)

With that many people in that venue I doubt the setting was hush hush be quiet at all times or even suitable for that..  There would be people getting drinks, checking their phones, going to the bathroom, coming in and out, checking with friends etc.  And maybe the ladies conversations were exaggerated because of the cameras and the microphones. Greg's volume was about the same as the ladies.

Plus Greg seemed  mostly upset  because he realized he was the butt of jokes.  Only then was he ready to kick Chantelle out. And she was definitely not loud at that point with her "massa" response.

Edited by SpringTulips
  • Love 1
(edited)

Here's the thing- Demetria agreed to film this launch...did she really expect us to listen to her drone on and on, all while never hearing a peep from the rest of the cast? Come on! Also, Greg is completely humorless.

Edited by kitten59
  • Love 4

Yeah, that just didn't sit well with me. 

That seemed to be the line for Greg as well. He had been rolling with the punches up until that point, although still visibly irritated. As soon as Chantelle pulled out the "massa" joke, which was in pretty poor taste, Greg started calling to have her removed from the event altogether. And, I have to say, I'm starting to feel like making racially-charged comments is becoming a pattern with Chantelle. Between the 'Afghan Hound' quip with Arzo, and now this? It's really rubbing me the wrong way. 

• Love 1
Dubbed “The Black Carrie Bradshaw,” Demetria Lucas D’Oyley is an award-winning author, blogger, life coach, and public speaker who built her empire on her critically-acclaimed blog ABelleInBrooklyn.com. The author of A Belle in Brooklyn: The Go-To-Guide For Living Your Best Single Life and Don’t Waste Your Pretty: The Go-To-Guide For Making Smarter Decisions in Life & Love, Demetria contributes to numerous publications and has appeared as an expert on various talks shows. She is the founder of Coached By Belle, a boutique life-coaching service, and has been a guest speaker at numerous Ivy League universities. Demetria graduated from the University of Maryland, College Park with a degree in English, and earned a Master’s degree in Journalism from NYU. Residing in Brooklyn, the recently married author is currently on a nationwide book tour for Don’t Waste Your Pretty, a twice-weekly columnist for TheRoot.com and running her popular Ask.Fm page.

This “Queen of Effortless Chic” is a style expert, TV personality and author of Never Pay Retail Again: Shop Smart, Spend Less, & Look Your Best Ever (Simon & Schuster). Hailing from the fashion halls of iconic magazines including In Style, Glamour, and Essence, Daisy has worked in the industry for fifteen years and is chock full of money-saving style tips and tricks showing women how to Dress like a Rich Girl on a Real Girl Budget. Daisy loves to help women pull out their inner celebrity by performing drab to fab makeovers on shows including Wendy Williams, Meredith Viera, Today Show, and more. Daisy is currently enjoying a bi-coastal lifestyle, splitting her time between Brooklyn and Los Angeles.

At 31 years young, Geneva has built an esteemed international career as a style and pop culture journalist and digital marketer. The downtown girl plays hard but works even harder as the managing director of the 1530 Agency, a New York City-based digital marketing startup servicing global beauty, fashion, and lifestyle brands. Geneva is known among peers as the "Style Scholar," having studied and worked in Paris, London, Scotland, and South Africa, ultimately earning a Masters in journalism and fashion history from NYU. A former editor at Ebony and Clutch magazines, the digital media dynamo continues to give her take on entertainment news and the best in style for Vogue Italia, Huffington Post, Essence, BET, and Vibe, among other outlets. But it's Geneva's work behind the scenes shaping some of the world's hottest beauty, fashion, and lifestyle brands as a digital marketer that separates her from the pack in NYC. In the spring 2015, Geneva will launch her newest startup, Jawbreaker.nyc, a news site delivering thoughtful and provocative social media-driven content on pop culture, sex, and style for today's millennial “It Girl.” Active in the Manhattan community, Geneva dedicates herself to causes related to women's empowerment and education all while loving the single life in the best city on earth.

Melyssa Ford has enjoyed careers as an actress, television personality, philanthropist, and most recently, real estate tycoon. She is best known as one of the most successful and highly paid music video models of all time. Dubbed by the press a “Video Vixen” for her signature appearances on camera, Melyssa has been featured in videos alongside artists such as Jay-Z, Alicia Keys, and Usher.

Leaving the entertainment industry behind, Melyssa is currently beginning a new career in real estate, where her business acumen and love of New York make her a perfect fit for selling luxury properties in Manhattan. Melyssa studied forensic psychology at York University, and is an advocate for issues close to her heart, lecturing on topics including HIV/AIDS Awareness, Self-Empowerment and Women in the Entertainment Industry.

For these women to be as "fabulous" as they want us to think they are, they should know that there is an order to these types of events. Drinks, nibbles, and mingling first, then everyone settles down for the talking/speeches/Q&A part. And, especially since this was at a restaurant/nightclub, most likely more socializing/partytime after. But yeah, during the sitdown portion, you are expected to sit down, be quiet, and let Demetria be the star of her show.

• Love 1

IMO, there's just no defending the grils' behavior. This was a professional event for Demetria. You can't come out to support your friend, and then disrupt the event. Uh, not OK.

I think they were making too  much noise. If they were there to support her WHY did they HAVE to be talking that much AT ALL? Why couldn't they sit there and listen....as everyone else seemed to be doing.

YES, they COULD have that there and been quiet.

If we are to believe the editing, we DO see people looking in their direction supposedly because they were loud.

I'd be pissed too if my "friends" did that at an business event I'd invited them too.

If THAT'S the way they SUPPORT her...well, any drunk off the street could behave like that.

Why not mingle and talk up the book? But no, instead of HELPING, they act ignorant. NO defending that --  at all. Period.

Daisy, Daisy, Daisy the only remotely "positive" thing about having cancer is you have a built in excuse for missing events you don't want to or can't go to, no one is going to be offended or view it as a slight!

• Love 6

Chantelle is petty, but I have to admit, I laughed at "Yes Massa" and "Where is Arz-hole?" Greg would've thrown me out too.

I think Mica and Chantelle are two people who cannot whisper. I didn't get it until I realized two of my good friends suffer from the same condition which has lead to some potentially bad situations. All I gotta say is, if you can't whisper, you better know how to fight...or run.

Do we have the same friends? I have two friends that cannot WHISPER to save their life. They are just loud, god bless them. And it doesn't help that their dumb assessment are funny as hell. So I get the giggles.

Melyssa's eyebrows. She got them instagram brows. You know what I'm talking about....

• Love 2

Us Caribbean people know all about that rum, lemon, honey mixture when you feel a tickle in your throat. You're never too young or old for that shit.

I don't have any love for Geneva, but Greg needs to relax. If old judgmental Demetria thinks Geneva is a good enough friend to invite to the wedding, and as far as we know and from what you've said, y'all haven't had any issues with her, then why make such a drastic decision.

I love how the Daisy has cancer reveal somehow became all about Geneva, to the point where she was shouting , "why didn't anybody tell me" and people in the living room could hear her.

I'm not sure why everyone was upset with Melyssa, Arzo, and Demetria. They're at the other end of the room, they've already heard this stuff, and despite being tipsy they were keeping it pretty quiet. And Mica, I love you girl, but you can't be side-eyeing anyone about turning up at inappropriate times.

• Love 7

I feel like Mica was just looking for an opportunity to be all, "*lips puckered* Oh, they can be loud, but I can't? *lips puckered*" as though not understanding that acting a fool at someone's work event is different from giggling at a girls' weekend getaway. 

So, I'm surprised that the book launch party really was the reason for Greg wanting to disinvite Geneva. I was sure that the editors were going to play fast and loose about the fight, but given that Melyssa invited Geneva to this Hamptons weekend, and that the possibly rescinded invite was mentioned there? Wow. I wonder if Geneva ended up stroking Greg's Jamaican ego? I'm trying to remember some of the pictures I saw from Demetria's wedding and whether Geneva was present.

(edited)

Us Caribbean people know all about that rum, lemon, honey mixture when you feel a tickle in your throat. You're never too young or old for that shit.

Lol!!!  remembering what Melyssa said - girl 5 might be too young for that shit.  All drunk and disorderly in circle time.  No ma'am.   (lol, I'm chain pulling, Africans do the exact same thing with whiskey, no lemon or honey, just a damn tottie in a baby bottle.  S'a wonder how we ever made it out huh?). 

I don't have any love for Geneva, but Greg needs to relax. If old judgmental Demetria thinks Geneva is a good enough friend to invite to the wedding, and as far as we know and from what you've said, y'all haven't had any issues with her, then why make such a drastic decision.

1. disrespect +

2. disrespect as seen on tv +

3. disrespect as seen on tv + ego +

4. disrespect as seen on tv+ ego on a man +

5. disrespect as seen on tv +ego on a black man +

6. disrespect as seen on tv+ the ego on a black Jamaican man

girl? that Demetria is still *allowed* to still speak speak to Geneva?   pshuh.  Please see 1-6.  

I love how the Daisy has cancer reveal somehow became all about Geneva, to the point where she was shouting , "why didn't anybody tell me" and people in the living room could hear her.

ya'll know I'm already shiddy, so you know I could not quit giggling here right?  She all teary and carrying on but still don't know the answer is:  because didn't nobody notice your absence, Melyssa just said so.   Hee! 

I'm not sure why everyone was upset with Melyssa, Arzo, and Demetria. They're at the other end of the room, they've already heard this stuff, and despite being tipsy they were keeping it pretty quiet. And Mica, I love you girl, but you can't be side-eyeing anyone about turning up at inappropriate times.

It's not the same but I got the annoyance, it's news to Geneva who is sobbing quite properly.  So maybe not a somber moment but it's weird to have one side of the room telling a serious story while the other side is doing drunk puppet hands.   But hell yes at bolded.   I thought at the end of her TH she was gonna bust out laughing from having to have said that with a straight face. 

Edited by ZaldamoWilder
  • Love 4

I don't think I'm that into Mica's new guy, although I did like, and agree with, Daisy's point about the way Mica dates. She has her own life and folds the guy into it. At her age (and that's not a dig) she SHOULD have her own life - she's too grown to be all "I dunno, what do you want to do?" And I really like Mica and Daisy's friendship.

Daisy's bob wig with bangs is her best look, IMO - both cut and color. She looks great with it.

Chantelle has a great body. Her date was incredibly dull though, and pretty average-looking, and the set-up was weird. (This show is not a great advertisement for that matchmaker's services.) I've been go-kart racing (team building activity at my old job) and didn't like it, so I wouldn't have been into that. The private chef thing was a good idea but AT the go-kart track though?

What was that sweater Arzo was wearing?