Type keyword(s) to search

Blood, Sweat & Heels - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I love reading the different opinions on here, but I'm not understanding how Demetria's strawberry-cutting comment was shade.  Even if it wasn't genuine...isn't that kind of what Daisy wants to hear from her?  It's an indicator of concern, albeit not sold in the best tone.  

The rest I totally get, even if I keep to my original position on certain aspects.  I'm lost when it comes to strawberries, though.

• Love 2
(edited)

The wedding dress that Demetria chose? Um, no. It was so unflattering. I am short-waisted like Demetria, and I never wear anything that cinches or draws attention to my waist.

Chantelle asking for an apology is absurd, but Demetria saying someone "doesn't know their place" is gross.

I really want to like Demetria, but I just cannot.

Ugh, why is Melyssa being so messy?

I'm there with you. Except for the "I really want to like" part.

Then she bounces when she is asked to answer for shit.  After her photo shoot.

I am beginning to love Chantelle's messy, morning cucumber eating ass.  I think she gets a good read of people and treats them accordingly.

Not a fan of Greg either.

At least this year she stopped putting on like she was too good for reality TV.  But, gotta sell those books, right? Self-publishing means never having to say you're sorry ... for re-signing for a show you claimed you weren't returning to. Kinda hard to look down your nose the second season. Just makes you look stupid for everything you said the first time around.

She really is smoking her own product ... "know your place?" Really?? And I don't think that comment of hers was a joke, not even a little bit. She meant that shit.

I used to wonder about Greg in that relationship. I wonder no more.

Melyssa - really disappoints this season. She does seem fairly firmly lodged in Demetria's anus.

So far Chantelle isn't bothering me, for the reasons you stated. I reserve the right to change that opinion, though.

Arzo = NMFF.

Geneva ... girl is speshul.

Edited by SnarkKitty
  • Love 8
(edited)

See, you might give the girl a hug, or say, "what can I do to help?" But Demetria isn't that type of person.  That doesn't make her bad, that's just who she is.  It would be best if Daisy just let her go and didn't except anything from her.

At the end of it all, I agree. Demetria is who she is, and because of that, might have a very small number of people who "get her."  As we grow and become wiser in friendships, we learn who our "go to" people are depending on our needs. Demetria is that chick who shouldn't be counted on for warm, emotional, or giving behavior. She just 'aint. That might change if/when she goes through something traumatic or devastating of her own.

Geneva is a grown woman and she didn't need Chantelle to fight for her.

I got the impression that Chantelle was highlighting Demetria's ways toward Geneva as an example of what her (Chanty's) problems were with Demetria. (did that make sense? lol)  Not so much that she was interjecting on behalf of Geneva's messy ass.

The MVP of this season is turning out to be Mica.

Edited by Jade Foxx
  • Love 5

I've always felt Demetria was an asshole and this episode solidified it for me. She's condescending and dismissive. I think one of the reasons why Geneva doesn't stand up to Demetria is because Demetria has a domineering personality. There's a difference between being confident and arrogant. I think Demetria is arrogant. She also has the typical only child syndrome where everything is about her and only her opinion matters. I don't like her. She's a pretentious asshole.

Melyssa is securely lodged up Demetria's ass. I think Melyssa is intimidated by Demetria and is desperate for her friendship. Why? I have no idea, but she gives me that vibe.

I think Daisy should have addressed Demetria privately first, but if Daisy knows that Demetria is unwilling to hear her side, who can Daisy talk to about it? When they showed the flashback of Daisy trying to understand why Demetria had a problem with her and Demetria never told her, what else is she to do? Daisy should just leave that alone. Demetria isn't even worth it.

I've been lukewarm toward Chantelle since the season started but she won me over this episode. She has no problem addressing bullshit head on and I appreciate that.

Arzo was so unnecessary this season.

If someone else's actions can cause you to possibly be disinvited from a friend's wedding because the fiancé felt you should've spoken up, then in my opinion, that person was never your friend. Geneva is a mess and a half but she can do better than Demetria and Greg as friends.

I wonder if Melyssa telling Demetria about what Geneva said will be the catalyst to Geneva going up side Melyssa's head with a bottle? Hmmm...

• Love 8

I love reading the different opinions on here, but I'm not understanding how Demetria's strawberry-cutting comment was shade.  Even if it wasn't genuine...isn't that kind of what Daisy wants to hear from her?  It's an indicator of concern, albeit not sold in the best tone.

"If you need your strawberries cut" - said in a totally sarcastic/catty tone, as if Daisy is being a petty spoiled princess about this whole cancer thing, and can't cut her own goddamn strawberries. "If you need me to get groceries/be on occasional meal delivery duty" would have come across as a more sincere offer, IMO.

But, that's good ole Demetria for you. Just being who she is...

I wonder if Melyssa telling Demetria about what Geneva said will be the catalyst to Geneva going up side Melyssa's head with a bottle? Hmmm...

Oooooh, I like this theory!!

• Love 2

I've always felt Demetria was an asshole and this episode solidified it for me. She's condescending and dismissive. I think one of the reasons why Geneva doesn't stand up to Demetria is because Demetria has a domineering personality. There's a difference between being confident and arrogant. I think Demetria is arrogant. She also has the typical only child syndrome where everything is about her and only her opinion matters. I don't like her. She's a pretentious asshole.

Yes, ma'am.

It would be just like Geneva to go upside Melyssa's head with a bottle over a wedding invitation. I can't with her simple ass.

• Love 5

One thing I learned in life is that sometimes I expect too much from people.  I think what screws up communication between people is when one person expects something from another person, doesn't get it, then gets a resentment.  The other person doesn't understand why person 1 is getting a resentment and on it goes.  The way Demetria dealt with Daisy is the way she dealt with Daisy, it might not be what Daisy wanted from Demetria, but sometimes that happens.  There isn't one right way of dealing with a work friend who has a serious illness.  See, you might give the girl a hug, or say, "what can I do to help?" But Demetria isn't that type of person.  That doesn't make her bad, that's just who she is.  It would be best if Daisy just let her go and didn't except anything from her.  

Also in the beginning of this season, Daisy didn't want too many people to know she had cancer because she didn't want to be treated differently.  

As for Chantelle, she needs a copy of "Co-Dependent No More."  You don't need to put on your Superwoman cape for a person who doesn't need you to do it.  Geneva is a grown woman and she didn't need Chantelle to fight for her.  If someone did that for me, when I was capable of doing it for myself, I'd be embarrassed, because IMO, when one adult capes for another adult, what you're saying is, "I need to cape for you, because you're weak and are unable to do it yourself."  

These are my thoughts as well.  Daisy wanted everyone to act normal and she did not tell Demetria she had cancer.  How is Demetria suppose to act?  We are barely friends, we have issues, and you did not count me as part of your inner circle when you shared your cancer diagnosis initially.  Yet, I say that I will help you and you feel that is not enough?  Then, you go and run me down to our mutual friends?

If I were Demetria, I would have thanked Geneva for letting me know what Daisy said then I would have asked her not to mention it again.  I would continue to be polite and kind to Daisy, but that is far as I would go.

When I said Daisy is full of shit, I meant that she says she wants everyone to act normal, but I don't think that is true.  I think her feelings are more complicated than what she is sharing, which is to be expected.  However, she cannot expect anyone to deliver what she needs if she does not know herself.

I love reading the different opinions on here, but I'm not understanding how Demetria's strawberry-cutting comment was shade.  Even if it wasn't genuine...isn't that kind of what Daisy wants to hear from her?  It's an indicator of concern, albeit not sold in the best tone.  

The rest I totally get, even if I keep to my original position on certain aspects.  I'm lost when it comes to strawberries, though.

I thought the offer to cut her strawberries was genuine as well.  I thought Daisy said she had problems cutting her food on the show so Demetria's comment was consistent with that concern.

Daisy should have beef with all of them since the only person that has demonstrated support is Chantelle.

• Love 6
(edited)

The wedding dress that Demetria chose? Um, no. It was so unflattering

You have to work with the body you have, not the one you wish you had or the one you used to have.

Then too there was her mother encouraging her with that dress.  I am appreciative I have the type of mother who would be like "Nah, that doesn't look good on you.  Try on something else," no matter how much I would hate to hear it.

Edited by SpringTulips
  • Love 5
(edited)

Daisy should have beef with all of them since the only person that has demonstrated support is Chantelle.

And Mica. We've seen Mica at the hospital sitting with Daisy while she got chemo. That, to me, is huge. I thought Mica was extra extra last season and she still is, but she's also been a great friend to Daisy. Her extra-ness hasn't bothered me as much - her singing Geneva's (ridiculous) fact sheet? GOLD.

I missed Daisy saying she had issues cutting her food; the "if you need your strawberries cut" comment seemed so random that I thought she was mocking Daisy. She also used a tone that came across to me as mocking.

Edited by Empress1
  • Love 3

I don't understand what a mocking tone is but then again; we all hear not with our ears, but with our brains and experiences.  

And Chantelle can miss me with that nasty shade.  "No honey, Greg is Demeria's FIANCEE, you do know what that word means, don't you?  I mean people use that word in the UK, right?"

• Love 3
(edited)

Yeah, on the strawberry thing, Daisy was giving examples of some things she's been dealing with. She commented on how tiring it is walking down the stairs (I guess when she has deliveries, but we also saw her struggling up the stairs a few episodes back) or how sometimes she just wants someone to cut strawberries for her.

I went back to watch that scene. She also made sure to mention that she doesn't expect anyone to change who they are or how they are because of her cancer status. So, a day later, she's upset that Demetria did Demetria? 

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 3
(edited)

Okay, I apparently interpreted the "help with the strawberries" as snark on Demetria's behalf - I totally missed this was something specific Daisy expressed needing help with. My bad.

Demetria's still a sour bitch.

Edited by Jade Foxx
  • Love 4
(edited)

Demetria said she (Demetria) knew why it stopped but she won't let Daisy know 

Because Daisy knows what the fuck she did. All these bitches throw shade but can't take having a mature discussion of why there is disharmony in the group. As Demetria said before she left all Daisy had to say was "I felt disrespected. I felt you were disingenuous. Two sentences what's the problem?" Daisy claims she's never had a problem with Demetria but Demetria has had a problem with her. You had a Oscar-worthy breakdown by the pool but you don't have a problem?! Bitch Bye. Sorry about your cancer but Buh Bye.

I love Demetria's demeanor (because it's much like mine). I loved her response to Chantelle "I don't give a fuck about you" YAAS bitch YAAAAAS. 

If the various Housewives had mature conversations instead of violent confrontations it would look a lot like Demetria's conversation with Daisy, her lunch with Mica and that epic shading of Chantelle at dinner.

Edited by ThomasAAnderson
  • Love 11
(edited)

Because Daisy knows what the fuck she did. All these bitches throw shade but can't take having a mature discussion of why there is disharmony in the group. As Demetria said before she left all Daisy had to say was "I felt disrespected. I felt you were disingenuous. Two sentences what's the problem?" Daisy claims she's never had a problem with Demetria but Demetria has had a problem with her. You had a Oscar-worthy breakdown by the pool but you don't have a problem?! Bitch Bye. Sorry about your cancer but Buh Bye.

::obnoxioustoddlerapplause::

I love Demetria's demeanor (because it's much like mine). I loved her response to Chantelle "I don't give a fuck about you" YAAS bitch YAAAAAS. 

Demetria:  {{ruminating the choice between brussel sprouts and broccoli}}

Chantelle:  ...because you're a narcissist, who doesn't give a fuck about anybody and..

Demetria:  {{looks up from menu}} no, let me be clear (tm every Bravolebrity ever) - I don't give a fuck about you.

Now then, are we sharing appetizers or....?

ROTFLMAO!!!!!

sooki!!  you watching??  I just learned the study of words is called morphology(?) LOL!!

Edited by ZaldamoWilder
  • Love 9
(edited)

Thanks up top for that reminder about Demetria's "I don't give a fuck about you" proclamation. Demetria was so smooth and cold with it. Chantelle came unarmed to a battle of wits with Demetria, was losing, and went for the most unoriginal comeback ever--"You're fat." Girl, bye.

Well I guess Chantelle and Arzo served a purpose.  I just got a question right on Jeopardy.  The answer was 'Afghan Hound'!

I just hollered!

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 5
(edited)

So we not gone talk about how Demetria slipped in that quiet "we not gonna do this, not with that Adam's apple" to Chantelle at the table.

I'm no Demetria fan but that shit made me perk the hell up. And again I have to be Team Demetria (this is some bullshit) but if I find out 5th hand that somebody I barely say "hi and bye" to in the hallway is sick, you might get a "oh, that is fucked up" outta me. So what we ordering for lunch?

If you see fit to let me know your business, cool. I'll show you all the empathy I can. Otherwise, you ain't want me to know, so I don't know.

Edited by Brooklynista
  • Love 11

If you see fit to let me know your business, cool. I'll show you all the empathy I can. Otherwise, you ain't want me to know, so I don't know.

This my policy as well.  I don't know anything unless I am supposed to know it.  I don't acknowledge knowing anything I heard 2nd or 3rd hand ever. 

• Love 10
(edited)
If you see fit to let me know your business, cool. I'll show you all the empathy I can. Otherwise, you ain't want me to know, so I don't know

This my policy as well.  I don't know anything unless I am supposed to know it.  I don't acknowledge knowing anything I heard 2nd or 3rd hand ever.

I could perhaps see this as explaining Demetria's treatment of Daisy if there was consistency with Demetria's actions.  What I saw the previous episode was not someone who did not want to acknowledge something told to them second or third hand.  Rather, Demetria was front and center in being the one to announce to Geneva, on camera, that Daisy has cancer.  She then goes on to tell Geneva she should have told her about Daisy's cancer earlier when Geneva becomes visibly upset. It seemed so odd that Demetria hugged Geneva, to comfort her over Daisy's cancer, when Demetria had basically paid Daisy dust since the time she found out about Daisy's cancer.

Edited by SpringTulips
  • Love 2
(edited)

Demetria revelled in being the one to announce to Geneva

Because she's happy to make her friend sad? Because she's happy Daisy got cancer? I just don't see why she would "revel" in telling Geneva on camera. Demetria doesn't seem to revel in screen time so I don't understand this dig.

she should have told her about Daisy's cancer earlier when Geneva becomes visibly upset

Just because her personal policy is not to tell people's business she's heard third hand; she probably regretted it at seeing how upset Geneva was. BTW was Geneva upset that Daisy has cancer or that no one told her?

It seemed so odd that Demetria hugged Geneva

They're friends, doesn't it makes sense that she would comfort her friend?

Demetria had basically paid Daisy dust since the time she found out about Daisy's cancer

So you missed the scene of Demetria hugging Daisy and saying "I got you" when she saw Daisy for the first time after finding out. They flashed back to it in the episode. Besides, Daisy has been a nasty, shady wench to Demetria so what exactly was Demetria supposed to do upon finding out?

• Love 2
(edited)

Because she's happy to make her friend sad? Because she's happy Daisy got cancer? I just don't see why she would "revel" in telling Geneva on camera. Demetria doesn't seem to revel in screen time so I don't understand this dig.

Revel is probably the wrong word, I will fix that.  But when she shouted out to Geneva to meet her in the kitchen so she could tell her about Daisy's cancer she was not taking on the posture of someone not wanting to press  an issue she had no first hand knowledge of.  She seemed to take it on herself to initiate  open discussion about Daisy's cancer on camera.  That behavior is counter to what she tried to portray to explain her actions, or lack thereof, this episode.

They're friends, doesn't it makes sense that she would comfort her friend?

Of course it makes sense for someone to comfort a friend.  The point is that Demetria by all accounts had not taken time to see how things were going with Daisy, you know, the one who has cancer.

Just because her personal policy is not to tell people's business she's heard third hand; she probably regretted it at seeing how upset Geneva was.

No, Demetria explained on camera that she failed to tell Geneva because she thought Geneva already knew, not that she had some personal policy about discussing Daisy's cancer.

Edited by SpringTulips
  • Love 2

Agree. Demetria seems to love crew necks - in fact, I think every dress they've showed her in has one - and they are not a good choice at all for women with large busts. You need to show some skin up top to break up the bust. I'm a D cup and I'm wearing a scoop neck right now. I liked the length of the dress she loved (and if they're having a more casual, intimate wedding, I think a short dress would go well with that; the giant gown she had on first was way too much) but it just was not the right dress for her.

I have DD boobs and don't like turtlenecks, I feel suffocated. I have a friend who had thyroid surgery just below her neck, so she always wore turtlenecks, scarves etc to cover up the scar. Maybe Demetria has a similar problem and maybe she wear turtlenecks so as to not show any  cleavage.She strikes me as that type.

Also this was a photo shoot for a wedding magazine for curvy brides.good for them to feature a curvy woman So If a curvy woman want a short dress she would know it does exist.  

So we not gone talk about how Demetria slipped in that quiet "we not gonna do this, not with that Adam's apple" to Chantelle at the table.

I'm no Demetria fan but that shit made me perk the hell up.

Thud. I fell over dead.

• Love 5

"If you need your strawberries cut" - said in a totally sarcastic/catty tone, as if Daisy is being a petty spoiled princess about this whole cancer thing, and can't cut her own goddamn strawberries. 

Except literally just before that, Daisy says sometimes it's hard for her to even cut strawberries.

Demetria wasn't just coming out of nowhere with that.  

• Love 1

And Mica. We've seen Mica at the hospital sitting with Daisy while she got chemo. That, to me, is huge. I thought Mica was extra extra last season and she still is, but she's also been a great friend to Daisy. Her extra-ness hasn't bothered me as much - her singing Geneva's (ridiculous) fact sheet? GOLD.

I missed Daisy saying she had issues cutting her food; the "if you need your strawberries cut" comment seemed so random that I thought she was mocking Daisy. She also used a tone that came across to me as mocking.

So MIca...I think it's clear that while she may not be an alcoholic she had a very unhealthy relationship with the drink last season. This year she's still herself, still crazy, but more level.

You notice when the women go back and forth Mica is NEVER involved in any of it.   I like this Mica.

• Love 6

After Demetria summoned Daisy to explain herself and the conversation went like this?

Demetria: Explain yourself.

Daisy: I, um

Demetria: Girl, bye. Gotta run.

Do you really think Demetria would've been receptive to Daisy coming to her saying "I feel disrespected?"  No! Demetria would've paid Daisy dust.  Demetria knows it, Daisy knows it (which is why she whined to everyone BUT Demetria, and the viewers know it.

Also, Demetria could've also said to Daisy, "I feel like you disrespected me on XYZ occasion and I didn't like it."  But she refuses to tell Daisy what exactly she did to offend her, after Daisy asked her what she did.  You can't say Daisy needs to be mature and bring her issues to Demetria's table but when she does just that, girl bye, go on, sit down, stop being whiny, etc.

Demetria is someone that when she's finished with you, she's finished and she's not going to give you an explanation about it, if you have a problem with it, sucks to be you, get the hell on etc.  Demetria is like that with everyone she finds not up to her standards of behavior and she plays a part in all of the discord around her, although she pretends to be above it all.

Demetria doesn't give a F about Chantelle or Daisy, but at least with Chantelle she has the courtesy to tell her that to her face.

• Love 4

After Demetria summoned Daisy to explain herself and the conversation went like this?

Demetria: Explain yourself.

Daisy: I, um

Demetria: Girl, bye. Gotta run.

Do you really think Demetria would've been receptive to Daisy coming to her saying "I feel disrespected?"  No! Demetria would've paid Daisy dust.  Demetria knows it, Daisy knows it (which is why she whined to everyone BUT Demetria, and the viewers know it.

Also, Demetria could've also said to Daisy, "I feel like you disrespected me on XYZ occasion and I didn't like it."  But she refuses to tell Daisy what exactly she did to offend her, after Daisy asked her what she did.  You can't say Daisy needs to be mature and bring her issues to Demetria's table but when she does just that, girl bye, go on, sit down, stop being whiny, etc.

Demetria is someone that when she's finished with you, she's finished and she's not going to give you an explanation about it, if you have a problem with it, sucks to be you, get the hell on etc.  Demetria is like that with everyone she finds not up to her standards of behavior and she plays a part in all of the discord around her, although she pretends to be above it all.

Demetria doesn't give a F about Chantelle or Daisy, but at least with Chantelle she has the courtesy to tell her that to her face.

Demetria didn't girl, bye her.  At the moment she became aware that there was an issue, she addressed it with the source she heard it from and simultaneously addressed it with the source she had the conflict with, then asked the nature of the issue.  She said (I'm paraphrasing) I understand from Geneva that we have a problem, what is it?  That was Daisy's first homina homina homina.  Then said something like:  girl if you and I have an issue, why do you feel comfortable telling everyone except me when it's a simple as saying Demetria I felt disrespected or Demetria I feel you're being disingenuous.  More homina from Daisy. I still basically don't like Demetria but Daisy does not get to use the potential of being dismissed (or more accurately, in my humble opinion, enjoy the potential of playing the victim) as justification for refusing to voice a problem that she hasn't hesitated to broadcast to everyone except its source.  And I love Daisy but this shit here - that women do - holding people responsible for feelings they didn't know existed?  Tedious.  

Now that the strawberry cutting debate may be settled, I think it might be safe to say she actually does give a fuck about Daisy but is justifiably impatient when it comes to her conflict resolution style. 

• Love 5

If I were sick, like Daisy, I'd adore a friend like Mica.  I love her energy and her silliness.  When I saw her with her granny , I could tell how very kind she was as a person. Mica, come down to Texas and be my BFF. I lost my BFF over 15 years ago and we used to laugh and cut up all the time.  I have good friends today but no one as close as my "Gingy" was to me.  People need to seriously appreciate your close friends because you never know when that friendship could be gone :(

On a tacky note, Demetria is a cold, cold bitch and that second dress was horrendous!  She and Greg are so incredibly boring.  

• Love 6
(edited)

Demetria and Mica had a perfectly fine conversation when they hashed out their differences over lunch. Whining to everyone except the person you're having the disagreement with is unproductive and immature but to each their own.

And I love Daisy but this shit here - that women do - holding people responsible for feelings they didn't know existed?  Tedious.

::applause::

• Love 5

I don't think Demetria is cold.  I think Demetria has high boundaries and in this society, boundaries are becoming a thing of the past.  Today people call casual acquaintances and work associates, friends.  

I think Mica and Daisy are real friends; and you can tell that.  Demetria is not Daisy's friend.  Daisy should realize this.  Just because someone isn't kissing the ground you walk on and hugging you every five seconds, doesn't make them cold.  As I said, I used to think people were cold to me, until I realized that I was expecting too much from people.  I wanted them to act the way I THOUGHT they should act.  That will get you nothing but resentments.

• Love 7

Demetria and Mica had a perfectly fine conversation when they hashed out their differences over lunch. Whining to everyone except the person you're having the disagreement with is unproductive and immature but to each their own.

Both Daisy & Mica's problems with Demetria stemmed from their perception that Demetria shut them out when they were going through their times of need , both of them felt Demetria was being a cold bitch and both of them handled themselves in a not good way.

The difference between Daisy & Demetria  /  Demetria & Mica is

1) Mica is not intimidated by Demetria ...she'll say it to your face unlike Daisy (and I think Demetria is intimidated by Mica a little bit)

2) Mica & Demetria mutually decided to work it out and listen to each other

Daisy & Demetria can never work it out because Demetria doesn't want to listen to what Daisy has to say.  She thinks what Daisy has to say is silly, tiresome, whiny, immature etc.  When Daisy asked Demetria what she did to offend her, Demetria wouldn't answer because Demetria's over it.  She doesn't want to get into it.  That's why Demetria summoned Daisy to let her know Demetria knew she was talking behind her back & when Daisy started to explain, was like "girl bye."

Demetria doesn't want to have that conversation & work it out with Daisy, it really doesn't matter why.  And Daisy is invested in being Demetria's victim.  You'll note she did have a conversation with Melyssa (who tried to get out of it by screaming about bees & saying I Got U Gurl).......and we all know Melyssa doesn't mean it.

I have zero problem with Demetria NOT rushing to Daisy's aid...it would be fake if she did.

Daisy needs to decide whether she's going to charge Demetria to the game (as Mica did). And if Demetria doesn't want to keep running to the Daisy problem again and again, she needs to be upfront and "clear" with Daisy like she was with Mica & Chantelle.

• Love 1

ThomasAAnderson, on 01 Jun 2015 - 5:32 PM, said:

Demetria:  {{ruminating the choice between brussel sprouts and broccoli}}

Chantelle:  ...because you're a narcissist, who doesn't give a fuck about anybody and..

Demetria:  {{looks up from menu}} no, let me be clear (tm every Bravolebrity ever) - I don't give a fuck about you.

Now then, are we sharing appetizers or....?

ROTFLMAO!!!!!

sooki!!  you watching??  I just learned the study of words is called morphology(?) LOL!!

Y'all are killin' me, this is me, too. I would have done the exact same shit, because I do not suffer fools.

• Love 1

Zaldamo Wilder, I appreciate your assessment. I see things the exact same way.

I don't believe Dementria is  a good fit for these women, any of them as friends.If this show is real life and not scripted . then Demetria is being who she is

• Love 1
(edited)
As I said, I used to think people were cold to me, until I realized that I was expecting too much from people.  I wanted them to act the way I THOUGHT they should act.  That will get you nothing but resentments.

I generally agree with this in many instances.

However, if Daisy is guilty of this, so is Demetria, and moreso in my opinion.

At least after Daisy was summoned by Demetria to meet in the bedroom to hash things out, Daisy seemed open to communication, no matter how uncomfortable,

Demetria on the other hand had to head back to Brooklyn because the conversation wasn;t going her way and Daisy wasnt acting the way she wanted.  Maybe Demetria;s style is to communicate her feelings and wants to someone in two sentences, but that is not the style for everyone.

And what was that Demetria said when she and Mylessa were leaving after she backed up on the curb and was driving out?

The phone rings and I thought she said "Thats my fucking publicist, she can kiss my ass'

I wonder if she knew that would be aired.  And if she is referring to the same publicist who was pushing for her to get her book out on time.

Edited by SpringTulips

Demetria and Daisy cannot stand each other - they push each other's buttons.

Daisy is essentially demanding attention from people because of her cancer, and Demetria is steadfastly refusing to give it to her.

• Love 1
(edited)

I think Demetria would have been receptive if Daisy had talked to Demetria before she talked to their mutual friends.  I think Demetria will be receptive once things cool a bit.  I think it was a mistake for Demetria to call Daisy and talk to her about the situation at that time because she was still warm from the Chantelle conflict.  I think she left abruptly because she knew she was still hot and she needed to take herself out of the situation.  I may be transferring my own conduct here because I do this.  If a situation gets too heated and I know that I am going to say something that I will regret, I will abruptly leave.  If its important, I will come back to it when I am calmer.

I am not saying they would be bestees, but I think Demetria would have been more patient in a less volatile setting.

I would agree that both women need to accept each other as they are.

Edited by ToukieSmith
  • Love 1

I don't believe Dementria is  a good fit for these women, any of them as friends.If this show is real life and not scripted . then Demetria is being who she is

I don't think Demetria is a good fit for drama queens & bullshitters (which is why things won't bode well for her and Geneva).  She doesn't need a lot of friends, so shutting down a Mica, Daisy or Chantelle isn't stressful for her because she doesn't need them in her life to make it through the day.

• Love 5
(edited)

When Demetria said 'You're reaching, honey, and your arms are too short' and she called out Chantelle 'Adam's apple', I fell the fuck out. That was hilarious. The way Chantelle looked to the rest of the group for support and got none...egg on her face.

I haven't enjoyed Demetria on this show, but I don't see why Daisy has a problem with her. Demetria is not her friend - at best, she is a coworker. She seemed to offer help to Daisy and that still wasn't good enough. Does Daisy want Demetria to fawn over her? It is true that when you are going through something rough, like an illness, you will learn who your real friends are, but I think her expectations for Demetria are unrealistic. I had an acquaintance who I did not care for and when she was diagnosed with stage 1 breast cancer (thankfully, she's in remission and has been for 7 years), I came by with a lasagna and 'get well' balloons. I heard from a mutual friend that the acquaintance was mad that my 'help' ended with those gestures. I liken Demetria to myself in this situation because it's honestly like, what more can I do? If you need help or want help, ask me. I don't know. I think it's interesting Daisy was hesitant to tell people she can cancer because she didn't want people to treat her differently, but now she's upset that Demetria isn't being a 'friend'. Well, she wasn't your friend before, so....

Edited by trimthatfat
  • Love 7

I admittedly laughed my ass off when I heard that adam's apple dig. I've always thought Chantelle  was manly looking, but Melyssa is starting to resemble a drag queen. I am always shocked when I see those brows. I don't get it.

• Love 2

Mica did not let that man take an HIV test on camera. 

He seemed all to happy to do so!  He squicked me out this episode.  When Mica greeted him at the door, she went him to give me a nice, pop kiss on the lips and he went for the deep throat.  Then he kept trying to stick his tongue in her mouth while she was trying to talk.  He just came across as to damn eager.

Melyssa is messy.

Melyssa and Argo.  I hate when people say, "I didn't bring this up to start drama" when they totally did.  Own up to your shit stirring.  

I am ALL for getting tested before getting down, but I wouldn't do it on camera. Also, Mica's man is really not cute in my opinion.

I hate when people say, "I didn't bring this up to start drama" when they totally did.  Own up to your shit stirring.  

Exactly. She told Melyssa to start some shit. Just own it. And if Geneva clocked Melyssa with a bottle because Melyssa told Demetria what Geneva said about Greg, then I don't know what. Assault over gossip when all parties involved are over the age of thirty is not a good look.

• Love 1

I haven't seen the preview so I shouldn't comment, HOWEVER, if the game of telephone Argo is doing actually got the message sent accurately? Geneva has to eat that.  I've been known to talk shit about my friends to other friends, but I don't do it in front of associates(Argo) who have friends they'll clearly tell (Melyssa).

Anything you say, you have to stand on your two feet and own.

I'm not really feeling Geneva's attitude anyway.  Why is she so hurt Demetria didn't invite her to the photo shoot?  Is Geneva a former model and we didn't know? 

• Love 1

Yeah, on the strawberry thing, Daisy was giving examples of some things she's been dealing with. She commented on how tiring it is walking down the stairs (I guess when she has deliveries, but we also saw her struggling up the stairs a few episodes back) or how sometimes she just wants someone to cut strawberries for her.

I went back to watch that scene. She also made sure to mention that she doesn't expect anyone to change who they are or how they are because of her cancer status. So, a day later, she's upset that Demetria did Demetria?

This just takes me back to why I could never stand Daisy. Such a damn drama queen.

So we've got Melissa the video vixen whose story is she doesn't want to be seen as a video vixen, yet all of her scenes since the beginning have been of her being some kind of video vixen.

And now we have Daisy who has cancer, but doesn't want her life to be about the cancer, and does not want to be treated differently because of cancer, but so far all her story includes is cancer and how awful people are who don't bow down to her and her cancer and how difficult her life is because of it (which don't get me wrong, I'm sure it is, but you've said that is NOT what you're about remember). And what I find really disturbing is she only seems to smile when others are crying over her cancer.

• Love 3

I hate that I feel this way about someone who is dealing with what Daisy is dealing with but damn, she went from not wanting to be treated differently, to wanting to be treated differently. Not only that, she wants to tell you exactly how you should be talking to her, feeling about her, your tone when you talk to her and just how she wants you to show your support. OMG, I seriously am rolling my eyes up out of my head when she is on my tv screen.

• Love 7

My condolences to Mica and her family.   Things must be really difficult for Mica.  Her Dad dies, her grandmother dies, her long-term relationship ended and her good friend has stage 4 cancer.  I hope that she has a support system that can sustain her.

I don't think its a good idea to carry information between friends.  If Geneva and/or Daisy have something to say to Demetria, then they should speak up.  I think the women should have encouraged Geneva and Daisy to speak to Demetria directly about the issues they are having with her.  I don't understand why Geneva is so hurt when Demetria has told her that she is working on Gregg.  Surely Geneva does not expect Demetria to take her side without considering Gregg's wishes.

I liked the way Demetria handled the conversation about Geneva.  She is a good friend to Geneva.

Daisy's hair (not the wigs) looks good.

I did not like the prayer service. It gave me a funeral vibe and I think a celebration of life, birthday party type of function would have been more uplifting.

• Love 2

Demetria shouldn't have told Geneva at all about being disinvited unless /until it was a definite thing. Since Geneva is your girl that you call at 2am when you can't get hold of Greg.

Melyssa is showing exactly why Geneva went oops upside her head.

Poor Mica.

• Love 1