Type keyword(s) to search

Blood, Sweat & Heels - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I guess they're showing that fight now that Geneva pleaded guilty. I figure they didn't advertise it during the "This season on..." in the first episode because the case was still ongoing at the time, but now that it's been settled, so to speak... 

My condolences to Mica and her family.   Things must be really difficult for Mica.  Her Dad dies, her grandmother dies, her long-term relationship ended and her good friend has stage 4 cancer.  I hope that she has a support system that can sustain her.

I

She also said last night that her sister died a few years ago. A lot of loss in a short period of time. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Daisy looked stunning with her very short natural hair. I know that will lift her confidence as she recovers from treatment. My friends who have lost their hair during cancer say it was profoundly upsetting and surreal. One friend's hair, always stick straight, grew back in like Orphan Annie.

Daisy's slightly maniacal cheer as she confronts her cancer seems very forced and odd. The constant joke-cracking and patter and drama seem off, even for someone trying to keep her spirits up. As others have posted, she claimed she didn't want the cancer to be a focus, yet all her actions have been to draw attention to it, and not in a "I'm educating the public" kind of way. Also, she seems to literally worship her father in a child-like way and be ambivalent about her mother, who said that Daisy never calls her even though her mother was by her side for six months of treatment. Daisy seems really immature.

Loved the doggie agent essentially telling Chantal "don't call us, we'll call you."  For once, Chantal didn't have a comeback.

Melyssa stirring the Geneva/Demetria pot is boring and predictable. Guess we all know how it turns out.

Mica's new friend seemed quite grabby; you could see she was uncomfortable as he held on to her. But then he seemed to calm down. She's had a lot of loss in a short time, but it appears she has strong family support. It's always hard to know when an elder is going to pass - sometimes they unexpectedly slip away.

I kind of feel sorry for the guy who designed Demetria's original wedding dress. I don't care for the dress she fell in love with. Maybe once it's tailored for her it will look better.

Arzo has THE most nasal voice on reality TV.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 1

Daisy looked stunning with her very short natural hair. I know that will lift her confidence as she recovers from treatment. My friends who have lost their hair during cancer say it was profoundly upsetting and surreal. One friend's hair, always stick straight, grew back in like Orphan Annie.

I didn't know her when she was going through cancer, but an acquaintance of mine said that her hair was straight before it fell out and now it's kind of thickly wavy. She wears it short. And people have said to her "Was it worth it?" And she's a plain-speaking person, so she's like "Was curly hair worth surviving cancer? Yes." Daisy's short hair looks good though.

I fast-forwarded Chantelle's scenes. Boring.

It's a little weird to me that Demetria's wedding is being televised since she seems so "let's keep things small and simple," but maybe it's being comped.

I teared up a bit when Mica lost her grandmother. I lost my grandfather a few weeks ago and have had two other losses (a layoff and a romantic relationship) within a two-month period. Loss is hard. Falls can be devastating for the elderly - I have a number of friends who have lost elderly relatives to falls. Her grandmother seemed like a hoot. "Put some music on!"

• Love 2

My hair is naturally curly, but after chemo and radiation, it grew in virtually straight and soft black for months. Slowly but surely the curl came back. It is also the original dark brown color now instead of black. Chemo also cured my eczema. My oncologist said improved eczema and psoriasis has happened to quite a few of his patients. It's one of the few happy side effects of chemo he could report.

• Love 7

What exactly happened between Geneva and Melyssa?  I did see some of the fight but I wonder how it got to that place.  Also, was the fight the reason Melyssa said she couldn't stand Geneva, or was it another reason?

I'm trying to figure out if something between filming seasons one and two happened between Geneva and Melyssa for there to be this much acrimony. It really cannot have stemmed from Melyssa's disbelief about how Geneva said the taxi incident went down, right? Because that's about all I can tell from what we're seeing this season. 

kind of feel sorry for the guy who designed Demetria's original wedding dress. I don't care for the dress she fell in love with. Maybe once it's tailored for her it will look better.

I had the same thought in regards to the original designer.  I'm sure it happens to even the biggest designer houses, but I couldn't imagine spending months sketching, designing, and going over details with a client, only for them to decide to go with another dress.  He'll still be paid, but in those situations, I think the loss of time is more upsetting.  Hopefully he can re-purpose the dress.  

I was disappointed in Melyssa's messy behavior. She should've dropped it when she heard Demetria say that she smoothed things over with Greg, and Geneva was back on the guest list.  But Melyssa was fixing the stir the pot from early on, so she wasn't going to let shit go. I don't remember why she has an issue with Geneva.  Melyssa seemed neutral towards her last season.  Not sure what changed.  The way she went on at dinner, you'd think she was beefing with Geneva for the longest.

On a shallow note, I was glad to see the "eyebrow guru" get at Melyssa's brows.  She still had a Maleficent arch going on, but it looked way better once all that pomade was wiped off.

Watermelon I am so glad you admitted that! That is human, just gotta keep in mind who you say it to and be ready to own it.

I never made it a habit but I had 2 friends who didn't really mesh well.  Any time one did something I thought was ridiculous my go to for complaining was, of course, the other girl.  

Wha Geneva did though, was get on the phone and "forget" she was in a car with 4 other people, one of whom is besties with a girl who don't like her very much. That's just stupid.  Good tv though

• Love 1
(edited)

What exactly happened between Geneva and Melyssa?  I did see some of the fight but I wonder how it got to that place.  Also, was the fight the reason Melyssa said she couldn't stand Geneva, or was it another reason?

I'm trying to figure out if something between filming seasons one and two happened between Geneva and Melyssa for there to be this much acrimony. It really cannot have stemmed from Melyssa's disbelief about how Geneva said the taxi incident went down, right? Because that's about all I can tell from what we're seeing this season. 

I thought it was just me  wondering if I missed something?   When did the hate begin? Also, so what if Geneva (who I don't like) said Demetria's fiance was a bitch ass. Her very good friend just disinvited her to her wedding. I would be saying a whole lot more than that!  Damn, I don't like Melissa for spilling that, I always thought she was pretty cool before that.  And sorry, but Arzo is not the least bit attractive. Ugh.... scraping the barrel for people that want to audition for this show ?

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 2

Daisy's slightly maniacal cheer as she confronts her cancer seems very forced and odd. The constant joke-cracking and patter and drama seem off, even for someone trying to keep her spirits up. As others have posted, she claimed she didn't want the cancer to be a focus, yet all her actions have been to draw attention to it, and not in a "I'm educating the public" kind of way. Also, she seems to literally worship her father in a child-like way and be ambivalent about her mother, who said that Daisy never calls her even though her mother was by her side for six months of treatment. Daisy seems really immature.

I think her pretending that all is well is conflicting with her real feelings about having a life threatening illness.  She is working too damn hard at keeping up appearances and it seems she should be beyond that now.  We get a few glimpses into the facade when she admits being tired and overwhelmed.

I am rethinking my comments about the prayer vigil versus the celebration of life.  She wanted a prayer vigil (IMO) because its a time of mourning for her, not a time for celebration and moving forward.

The way she handled the prayer vigil sent a mixed signal. On the one hand she was saying how happy she was that the treatment had concluded, yet the prayer vigil was somber and overly dramatic. When I go to prayer vigils, they are somber occasions held because someone is in trouble. They are not celebrations. And I've never known anyone to arrange and stage-manage her own prayer vigil (with the help of her staff). Maybe she didn't call it that and I am confused.

(edited)

So now we have a little insight into why Melyssa got clocked the fuck out by Geneva. She was so unnecessarily messy, reporting back what Geneva said through Arzo. There was a story a month or so back that said the cast did not contact Melyssa after her hospitalization from the Geneva fight - could it be because they sided with Geneva? Since Daisy and Mica have said that Melyssa stopped hanging with them this season and chose to hang out with Demetria instead, I wonder if they didn't support her because she wasn't there for them either.

Now, IMO, Geneva was speaking out of emotion about Greg being 'bitchass'. I think she was genuinely sad and embarrassed that she might not be allowed to see a good friend get married. To Geneva, the situation wasn't that serious that she should be dis-invited and I agree with that. I honestly think Greg just felt disrespected and wanted an apology. Likewise for Geneva.

I feel so sad for Mica. Lost her grandmother, her father, and sister within 5 years. I also feel very sad for her mother - losing your mother, husband, and daughter so close together? Ugh. Just awful. Despite it all, Mica tries to keep a smile on her face. I really hope it works out for her and her man. He seems like a nice guy...really chill.

Edited by trimthatfat
  • Love 2

I don't think it will give her confidence since she only values weaves anyway. I think heard her mention last week that one of her goals in life was to show young women all about weaves. Sad.

When I watched the first look, I was aghast that she was going to throw a prayer vigil for herself. Then she had them in a circle and everyone was forced to throw lofty comments at her. I was waiting for the cascade of rose petals. 

• Love 2

I don't think it will give her confidence since she only values weaves anyway. I think heard her mention last week that one of her goals in life was to show young women all about weaves. Sad.

When I watched the first look, I was aghast that she was going to throw a prayer vigil for herself. Then she had them in a circle and everyone was forced to throw lofty comments at her. I was waiting for the cascade of rose petals. 

Show young women about weaves?  SMH, she needs to show young women NOT to wear those things.  Weaves mess up your hairline, just ask Naomi Campbell.  

• Love 6

I was disappointed in Melyssa's messy behavior. She should've dropped it when she heard Demetria say that she smoothed things over with Greg, and Geneva was back on the guest list.  But Melyssa was fixing the stir the pot from early on, so she wasn't going to let shit go. I don't remember why she has an issue with Geneva.  Melyssa seemed neutral towards her last season.  Not sure what changed.  The way she went on at dinner, you'd think she was beefing with Geneva for the longest.

On a shallow note, I was glad to see the "eyebrow guru" get at Melyssa's brows.  She still had a Maleficent arch going on, but it looked way better once all that pomade was wiped off.

She was going hard wudn't she?  See I think considering what Demetria said in a TH - that she and Geneva have been friends for years and then separately she and Melyssa have been friends for years and that they've disliked each other the whole time - that what we've seen up to now must've been their gentlewoman's agreement not to act up in front of comp'ny.   I'm not saying I condone going upside somebody's head especially with a bottle but......I feel shady for typing "but" lol... I don't think I'll be as mad at Geneva for this as I was about the cab ride.

An eyebrow dude who makes house calls.  I swear I love and hate nyc for shit just like this. 

• Love 4

She was going hard wudn't she?  See I think considering what Demetria said in a TH - that she and Geneva have been friends for years and then separately she and Melyssa have been friends for years and that they've disliked each other the whole time - that what we've seen up to now must've been their gentlewoman's agreement not to act up in front of comp'ny.   I'm not saying I condone going upside somebody's head especially with a bottle but......I feel shady for typing "but" lol... I don't think I'll be as mad at Geneva for this as I was about the cab ride.

An eyebrow dude who makes house calls.  I swear I love and hate nyc for shit just like this. 

Yo! I'm feeling (a tiny bit, but still) inconsolable about the fact that I may kinda sorta understand where Geneva is coming from. She shouldn't have cracked a bottle over Melyssa's head--keep it classy; cuss her the fuck out or whatever--but it's not so out of the blue the way I thought when I first heard about this last fall.

• Love 1
(edited)

Loved Mica doing the HIV testing at home with tge new guy!!!!! Also, just his openness and kindness is endearing me to him. Wow.

I found him kind of sexy during this episode.

I don't think BSandH was  guaranteed for a second season.  I wonder if Daisy's cancer story line kept it going for season 2.

Edited by SpringTulips
  • Love 1

to use this picture of Geneva in this article was dead ass wrong!

I beg your pardon, LOL. Geneva chose to go out looking like this,. I'm sure she thought she was "fly".  What was the photographer supposed to do wait until she looked,uh,better?. Most photographer's deadline don't last that long. (I know,I know. I should be ashamed)   

• Love 5

This trend has arrived in Texas.  Apparently, regular people can afford to have their hair and makeup done for any reason, not just special occasions such as weddings or proms.  My hairdresser's daughter has been attending business seminars on how to build her clientele.  I need to see receipts because I cannot comprehend why people would spend money on something they can do themselves.

Whoever chose to use this picture of Geneva in this article was dead ass wrong!

Geneva just sets herself up doesn't she?

sooooo....then, Melyssa's still trying to shed her image as a video um, *vixen* right?  Right??

I think she think she is, but you and I know thats her default.

• Love 1

You'd be surprised at the number of people who really don't know how to do make up.  Some people have no comprehension, the shape of their eyes, nose, mouth, face, no comprehension as to what color looks good on them.  Like "smokey eyes," some people don't know how to do smokey eyes correctly and those disasters are quite comical when you see them out.

If there is a third season, I wonder if Geneva will be on it.  Look at what happened to Porsha on Atlanta Housewives.  If Geneva comes back, some people might say, that the show is condoning violence against black women.  

I can't fault Chantelle. I went through this Gypsy Rose stage mom phase where I thought my cat deserved to be the next Cat Fancy centerfold. So I researched getting her into show business (and my research consisted of an Internet search and watching that weird pet show that used to come on early Saturday mornings). I found out that your pet has to be very docile and has to travel frequently, unaccompanied on planes. My cat turns into cat Cujo just during a 10 minute drive to the vet. So my dreams of stage mom stardom were ruined. But Milkshake is freaking adorable.

I agree Daisy would look great with a TWA. She even had enough hair to braid in the back. But I see her edges haven't grown back yet and can understand if she wants to give it a little more time.

• Love 3

You'd be surprised at the number of people who really don't know how to do make up.  Some people have no comprehension, the shape of their eyes, nose, mouth, face, no comprehension as to what color looks good on them.  Like "smokey eyes," some people don't know how to do smokey eyes correctly and those disasters are quite comical when you see them out.

Neurochick, its my understanding that they are paying to have their makeup done as a routine service, not as a one on one tutorial....at $25 per session.  Mac and Laura Mercier do it for free (well, there is usually a purchase involved).  Can we not doing anything ourselves anymore (says the woman who pays to have her car washed)?  I guess if you have the cash.....  I was just amazed listening to the business model and realizing the disposable income that is available in the black community.

I beg your pardon, LOL. Geneva chose to go out looking like this,. I'm sure she thought she was "fly".  What was the photographer supposed to do wait until she looked,uh,better?.

I thought Geneva was dressed fine.  The awkward pose and the facial expression was the problem with that photo.  She has been on TV 2 seasons now so she should be more sophisticated in front of a camera.  Weird faces and awkward poses are for regularly folks like me:-),

• Love 1
Neurochick, its my understanding that they are paying to have their makeup done as a routine service, not as a one on one tutorial....at $25 per session.  Mac and Laura Mercier do it for free (well, there is usually a purchase involved).  Can we not doing anything ourselves anymore (says the woman who pays to have her car washed)?  I guess if you have the cash.....  I was just amazed listening to the business model and realizing the disposable income that is available in the black community.

Well, look at all the money hair salons make in the black community, and the Dominican community as well.  Usually people pay to get their make up done when they go out on the weekend, during the week, some folks just wear minimal make up or none at all.

I thought Geneva was dressed fine.  The awkward pose and the facial expression was the problem with that photo.  She has been on TV 2 seasons now so she should be more sophisticated in front of a camera.  Weird faces and awkward poses are for regularly folks like me:-),

One trillion dollar spending power!

Speaking of, it tickles me that the vendors who Demetria is using for this wedding planning are Black. 

• Love 1

I have not been able to watch the show for the past two weeks because of real life.  I watched the last two episodes back to back and was still not prepared for that horrible wedding dress.  The person who posted that Demetria dresses in pretty clothes that do horrible things to her body was spot on.  That wedding dress with the tulle attached in the back was hitting her in all the wrong places.  It was simultaneously making her look thick (not in a good way) and erasing all her curves.  Also, Demetria has a skin tone that would look great in most traditional wedding dress colors.  The grey (or blue?) of the dress actually looked dingy and cheap next to her skin tone.  It was crazy because I thought the dress could not be more wrong for her type of body.  I could not understand why everyone else was so convinced that this was the right dress for her.

Speaking of cute girls making themselves look bad, Melyssa needs to fire the person who did her eyebrows this season.  Just watching Arzo's eyebrow man's improvements made me realize how much her new brows were taking away from her pretty face.

I do not understand why the hell Melyssa was so giddy that she supposedly had dirt on Geneva.  Who cares if Geneva called Greg a bitch? He was being a bitch asking his fiance to actually dis-invite Geneva from the wedding.  Is is that much of a prize to have Demetria as your friend?  I feel like Melyssa and Geneva are fighting over her friendship...which is a really weird thing for two supposedly grown ass women, well into their thirties, to do.

• Love 2
(edited)

So, I do not care for most of Daisy's personality and I have not since the first season. Her requirements for proof of friendship along with what I perceive as her worship of her dad while simultaneously rejecting her mother are puzzling to me.

I try not to project too much of my experience with cancer onto what I see on the screen because 1) we don't have the same diagnosis, 2) we have very different personalities, 3) my health insurance was the best, and 4) she is fighting cancer as a single woman who appears to have a STRONG desire for marriage and children. I imagine the thoughts of "who will want me now?" are intense.

I was (and am) married to a supportive, loving and nurturing partner who did everything I can imagine needing in my time of need. Even though I didn't idolize marriage and the IBM the way it appears Daisy does, I can't imagine how I would have made it without him.

I didn't have to put as much stress on the reactions of my friends or extended family because I had someone at home who let me cry into his chest and be my raw, aching, balding, bloated, sometimes depressed self when I needed to. So, I try to extend grace to Daisy because for whatever reason, that is not her experience.

With that, I still found myself saying "really girl?" many times during the last episode.

I also wonder if Daisy's sometimes maniacal expressions of happiness are to cover the depression and fear she probably feels. If she is a "take it to Jesus. I don't need therapy." type of Christian, I can see her behaving the way she is to prove her faith and belief. I think a support group would do wonders for her state of mind and also give her people in similar situations to "call her higher" when needed.

Edited by red12
  • Love 5
(edited)

Yo! I'm feeling (a tiny bit, but still) inconsolable about the fact that I may kinda sorta understand where Geneva is coming from. She shouldn't have cracked a bottle over Melyssa's head--keep it classy; cuss her the fuck out or whatever--but it's not so out of the blue the way I thought when I first heard about this last fall.

When Mylessa and Arzo were talking and planning about approaching Demetria...leave it to Yestirday to sum it up...."Yeah, this shit sounds like its about to be some shit"

Edited by SpringTulips
  • Love 5

When Mylessa and Arzo were talking and planning about approaching Demetria...leave it to Yestirday to sum it up...."Yeah, this shit sounds like its about to be some shit"

OMG! Yes! I was like, That's some very clear breakdown you got there.

• Love 4

Hee! Did Arzo ever say where she picked this child up from? I'm trying to picture where I would ever encounter some broke, twenty something, tattooed face wannabe rapper in real life.

• Love 5

- I totally agree. Sometimes, that tired excuse says more about the person uttering it. Mica, more than anyone else, never takes herself seriously. Yes, she's completely over the top, but she does it with a firm wink. I find her hilarious, a natural comediienne.

I fully agree.

Yep. Jamilah Lemieux, senior digital editor for ebony.com, is about the same shade as Demetria, and she talks about the privilege associated with being light-skin or lighter skinned, too. Mica being over the top by letting everyone know that she's so self-deprecating doesn't change that some things might have come easier for her by virtue of her complexion.

• Love 1
(edited)

Yes, it is true that lighter skin generally affords a wider and deeper spectrum of advantages. It is pointless, ignorant, and blind to deny this; however, Mica really does not deliberately employ its use. NONE of these women nor the rest of us are without faults but some faults/misbehaviors are greater despite what one would otherwise like to believe. Mica is HILARIOUS albeit sometimes tiring.

Melyssa is sneaky, whiny, manipulative, and a bit lazy. All of this sucking up to Demetria, castigating others when last season she was raucous even though she was not inebriated(though she would pretend to be). This is not to say going about in drunken stupors is an excuse. Its just that Melyssa isn't nice BUT she is fake. If you do not want your famous "vixen" days to be recalled (I didn't know of her prior to this show),STOP BRINGING THEM UP, get a job and work like

the rest of us. Just realize that fame and a "gazillion " dollars may not follow.

I do not enjoy seeing women of color "acting the fool"(cough, cough --NeNe), but slinging out haughty, superior attitudes is just as aggravating and embarrassing, also --DEMETRIA.

Edited by BookElitist

Orza is IMO a racist,but doesn't know it. She constantly calls attention to her nationality and everyone else's .

She wants to think she is "down", but it's not in her heart so she over compensates by bringing it up every chance she has.

There is no need to point out the obvious. I don't think anyone thought for a moment her boyfriend was anything other than black.

Tonight was only the second time I've seen her and both times I had to hear he was black. Girls with boys like him are nothing new.

When Chantelle started the taxi story, she yelled about HER experience with ass hole cab drivers, then went into she wasn't black (paraphrasing) and she would have been arrested,etc. She didn't hear the whole story as Geneva told Chantelle.

She thought the incident was funny! That alone tells me her incidents with taxi drivers was not like Geneva's.

Maybe the cabbie didn't treat Geneva badly because she is black. But I'm betting Geneva has had more experience being treated badly to know if this was indeed the case, than little miss"united colors of Benetton" .

I bet this black boyfriend has to hear repeatedly how lucky he is to have a "white girl".

I don't like her. In fact I detest her.

I am repelled, disgusted, and TIRED of hearing that her parents will become aghast, catatonic, die all because she has a black boyfriend. The frequency and intensity with which she proclaims this makes one think she is dating some type of BEAST and that her parents will have difficulty coming to terms with (the) IT.

• Love 1

Us Caribbean people know all about that rum, lemon, honey mixture when you feel a tickle in your throat. You're never too young or old for that shit.

I don't have any love for Geneva, but Greg needs to relax. If old judgmental Demetria thinks Geneva is a good enough friend to invite to the wedding, and as far as we know and from what you've said, y'all haven't had any issues with her, then why make such a drastic decision.

I love how the Daisy has cancer reveal somehow became all about Geneva, to the point where she was shouting , "why didn't anybody tell me" and people in the living room could hear her.

I'm not sure why everyone was upset with Melyssa, Arzo, and Demetria. They're at the other end of the room, they've already heard this stuff, and despite being tipsy they were keeping it pretty quiet. And Mica, I love you girl, but you can't be side-eyeing anyone about turning up at inappropriate times.

(edited)

Because the ill behavior was on purpose. All that ridiculous gesticulating " I love you", the giggling by Arzo...

Last season Demetria thought Melyssa to be an idiot (hmm, well, maybe. ..) but NOW its A buckaroo Ok to lower her stringent manners and play whilst Daisy is discussing her serious, probably not curable cancer AS IN DEATH. Yet, its the end of all creation for loundness to occur at a non life threatening book launch.

I do not believe the super elite trifecta of Arzo, Melyssa, and Demetria care about the virtually unfathomable fear held by Daisy. IT IS HER LIFE! Weddings and book launches are fine BUT one will not expire without them.

Oft times, after a certain period, one has to get doctor ('s/s')permission for a refill prescription. In essence, it us NOT an automatic and guaranteed refill.

Edited by BookElitist
  • Love 3

I think that I will retire from this program's forum. Apparently, for QUITE a number, once one reaches 40 and beyond, well, life becomes tedious and empty(lol)! However, I have enjoyed perusing the comments and giggling (Ha! Ha!).

• Love 1

I hate that I feel this way about someone who is dealing with what Daisy is dealing with but damn, she went from not wanting to be treated differently, to wanting to be treated differently. Not only that, she wants to tell you exactly how you should be talking to her, feeling about her, your tone when you talk to her and just how she wants you to show your support. OMG, I seriously am rolling my eyes up out of my head when she is on my tv screen.

I'm behind a few episodes, but did I just listen to Daisy explain to Melissa that as far as daily support, a text is ok for some girls, but for others they need to do more for her. And Melissa is now expected to go to her radiation treatments with her as her acceptable form of support. WTF! And now the bitch is planning her own prayer vigil so everyone can come and pray for her and cry over her.

Yea, thanks Daisy...now I'm going to hell for hating a cancer patient.

• Love 5

I must have a very different memory of last season because I don't remember Demetria thinking that Melyssa was an idiot. Melyssa was the only woman last season who was able to move freely between both groups, so it seems like revisionist history to siggest otherwise.