Type keyword(s) to search

Blood, Sweat & Heels - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I'm behind a few episodes, but did I just listen to Daisy explain to Melissa that as far as daily support, a text is ok for some girls, but for others they need to do more for her. And Melissa is now expected to go to her radiation treatments with her as her acceptable form of support. WTF! And now the bitch is planning her own prayer vigil so everyone can come and pray for her and cry over her.

Yea, thanks Daisy...now I'm going to hell for hating a cancer patient.

She literally threw herself a pity party.

• Love 7
I teared up a bit when Mica lost her grandmother. I lost my grandfather a few weeks ago and have had two other losses (a layoff and a romantic relationship) within a two-month period. Loss is hard. Falls can be devastating for the elderly - I have a number of friends who have lost elderly relatives to falls. Her grandmother seemed like a hoot. "Put some music on!"

Yeah. My grandmother passed late last year, and I frickin' lost it.  I couldn't even finish the episode, so I missed whatever Daisy's party was.  It was weird, but again for whatever reason this feels to me like the real-est reality show.  

From what I did see, I appreciated Demetria's response to whatever Melyssa was trying to pull.  She listened without reacting, really, which is what I appreciate about her.  And, it seems like she accepts Geneva for who she is, which is pretty cool.  So as cold and off-putting as she can be...I kind of really like Demetria.

• Love 3

Maybe I am wrong about this but did Geneva who just lost her Aunt to cancer, instead of going to be with her family who actually suffered a loss as Mica did, say that her mother thought it was best Geneva go to Daisy's prayer vigil, then come be with the family? I dunno, maybe I misheard that.

Demetria's wedding looked beautiful, but damn, Greg, would it kill you to smile? I hope there's footage somewhere of him chuckling, or doing the Kanye ha ha serious face, at least.

For reference:

funny-gif-Kanye-West-laughing.gif

Now, I know I shouldn't be talking shit on a Sunday, but can we talk about Yesterday's sparkly, Michael Jackson in the Billie Jean video, suit? I expected the ground to light up each time Yesterday took a step.

I don't feel good typing this, or thinking this, but, I didn't feel sorry for Melyssa.

• Love 1
(edited)

Greg pretty much has one expression.  And that expression is pretty much expression less.

When Melyssa was crying about this "ruining her career" I couldn't figure out what career she was talking about.

Demetria talked of having such a limited guest list, yet Arzo and Yestirday are invited?
"

Edited by SpringTulips
  • Love 2

Although I think Melyssa should have minded her own business I will never feel like it's okay for someone to be assaulted.You walk away if you feel like you will get into a physical altercation with someone. Geneva could have seriously injured or even killed Melyssa.

• Love 2

Yeah, Melyssa started that fight. She said what she wanted to to Geneva and Geneva took ownership of what she said and said it was between her and Demetria. Don't know why Melyssa then continued the repeat the same point over and over. 

After Geneva told Arzo not to touch her, Arzo put both hands on Geneva's waist. Geneva then lifts Arzo's hands and pushes her back, then Bravo's cameras pretend to get the vapors. I would really like to see that footage. 

I know it was a scary moment for Melyssa, but all that dialogue they aired of her worried about her face and career makes it seems she still working the video vixen angle full force. In this instance I'm really sorry the Geneva didn't step away. The whole thing was so unfortunate.

• Love 6
(edited)

Yeah, Melyssa started that fight. She said what she wanted to to Geneva and Geneva took ownership of what she said and said it was between her and Demetria. Don't know why Melyssa then continued the repeat the same point over and over. 

After Geneva told Arzo not to touch her, Arzo put both hands on Geneva's waist. Geneva then lifts Arzo's hands and pushes her back, then Bravo's cameras pretend to get the vapors. I would really like to see that footage. 

I know it was a scary moment for Melyssa, but all that dialogue they aired of her worried about her face and career makes it seems she still working the video vixen angle full force. In this instance I'm really sorry the Geneva didn't step away. The whole thing was so unfortunate.

It was really unfortunate.

No one was innocent in any part of the whole thing.  Melyssa and Arzo were instigating full force and Geneva should have walked away.  Geneva had the high ground and Melyssa and Arzo knew it.  Geneva wasn't saying anything that Demetria hadn't already said to the both of them about it being between Demetria and Geneva, but they just had to keep going.  Don't start none, won't be none indeed.  Melyssa bit off more than she could chew in her bizarre insistence to be Demetria's unwanted champion and Arzo just wants to be a part of what she thinks is the cool group.  It was good to see Geneva take responsibility (for the most part, she dropped the bit about her aunt just dying a few times) for her actions.

And it seems that Melyssa wasn't innocent in the throwing/picking up of glass/weapons if Geneva ended up with cuts on her breast that are going to result in permanent scarring.  Melyssa just got the worst of it.  I agreed with Geneva: that was a mutual fight.  Both of them should have been arrested (if anyone was going to be arrested) after receiving medical attention.  Why didn't the police get anyone to look at Geneva's wounds?

Arzo is just so, so thirsty and desperate.  The Geneva/Demetria thing had even less to do with her than it did with Melyssa, but there she was inserting herself right in the middle of it.  And she ends up as the only one of the ladies who went to Demetria's wedding? Please.  And she had nothing to say about her involvement in the whole incident, failing to take any responsibility for her part.  I wonder what Demetria thinks about her and Melyssa after seeing the lead up to the fight.  She needs to be gone.  She adds nothing.  And she's dumb on top of all that.  "This wasn't a fight.  It was an altercation."  Um, aren't those the same damn thing?

Edited by KBrownie
  • Love 5

Yeah, Melyssa doesn't get my sympathy for what happened. Both her and Arzo should have minded their own business and left it alone. I guess Melyssa got her wish with Geneva not being at the wedding. Melyssa and Arzo are shallow mean girls.

I appreciate Geneva taking ownership of her part in the altercation, even though I don't condone violence. I hope this was a learning experience for her and she'll walk away in the future.

Glad Daisy is in remission.

I had to fast-forward all things Demetria because I could really care less about her and Greg.

• Love 4

Hi, BSH forum.  I've been watching and lurking since the beginning but I'm finally getting around to posting at the end.

And about the pettiest thing possible.  Am I alone in thinking that Geneva's tears during her post-arrest TH were the fake stage kind?  They looked super-abundant and really shiny, the way synthetic tears always do, and there was one big drippy track, like a snail trail, all down her neck into her cleavage.  So I'm wondering how do you apply phony tears when there's a whole camera and sound crew there filming you?  Excuse yourself to go to the bathroom and come back out fake-sobbing and covered in wet?  I seem to be more curious about the strategy than the fakery.  'Cause I'm positive they were fake, I guess.  People who are fake-crying and covered in ersatz tears never wipe them away like you do if you're pumping out real tears, because the tears are there to be seen.

I obviously need a hobby.

I dont feel sorry for Melyssa getting her ass tapped by Geneva. She and Hound Dog Arzo been wanting drama for several episodes now. Melyssa had no business making Geneva and Demetria problems her problems. It was squashed and she started to get funky. Im not here for her tears. And this is coming from someone whos not a big Geneva fan at all!

• Love 7
(edited)

Melyssa and Arzo were wrong. None of their business. Melyssa was really wrong for painting on those Bozo eyebrows, but the boo hooing and being wheeled away while Geneva got arrested was wrong. There has to be video of the whole truth. Technically Arzo put her hands on Geveva first.

I think Geneva's tears looked shiny because they were mixing with her foundation.

I can't stand Arzo's nasally voice. I could've lived without her recap.

Daisy said a prayer so I'm sure Jesus will fix it.

Demetria's dress was just fugly. Too many elements thrown together and not flattering.

Edited by Forcereals
  • Love 1
(edited)

So when I first heard about the incident between Geneva and Melyssa, I immediately said there's absolutely never a reason to hit another person with a bottle (outside of someone trying to kill you, rape you, etc.) That is the behavior of a true guttersnipe.  And I stand by that, but damn if I can't see how someone could be provoked to that point.

I like both Geneva and Melyssa generally. Yes Geneva was saying some foul shit about Demetria and Greg.  She acknowledged that she said things our of hurt and frustration.  But this entire season Melyssa has been stirring it and stirring it with Demetria and Geneva. She said what she had to say at the party...fine.  Let your feelings be known.  But did she really have to keep pushing the point, and pushing the point and then say she wants to slap the shit out of Geneva.  Really?

Geneva absolutely should not have hit Mel with the bottle, but from the TH it seems as if there was an exchange (ice bucket, then glass, then bottle)....ie a fight, in which both parties were culpable.  Glad that Geneva seems to have realized that she was out of line and should not have allowed herself to be pushed to that point.

"Everything does not require a reaction." - Geneva. 

True indeed, and very similar to what Dr. Greg said to Quad on tonights Married to Medicine ep.

Edited to add: So Gonzo is a person that Demetria would call at 2am?  Really Demetria?

Edited by LNDNgirl
  • Love 3
(edited)

Geneva is human. She clearly messed up and owned her shit. Melyssa though Im wondering did the producers tell her she needed to bring the drama since she was the only one with little to nothing going on in the cast. Just disappointed in her this season for the thirsty calculated drama, I only expect that shit from Tamra on RHOC.

As for her friend, I want that Arzo to be gone and take Yes'Sir or whatever the hell his name is with her! She was trying to hard to be good tv and she sucks at it. Leave hound!

Demetria and Greg are a beautiful pair.

And Yayyy for Daisy being in remission.

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 1
(edited)

Soooo WHY can't Bravo show the footage of the fight....

Did Geneva's lawyer get an injunction or something?

Bravo has shown other video it's had of fights when charges were filed. On Real Housewives of Atlanta, it showed Porsha's assault on Kenya. So the excuse of it being evidence in a case doesn't fly. I want to see it.

So did Geneva go to the wedding or not?

I. also am, puzzled by Arzo getting an invite. Arzo wasn't even on the show the first season. Not that Demetria couldn't know her from other things. But All season I've never gotten the impression that they knew each other, or were certainly no tighter than the other women in the group.

I loved Demetria's dress.

Edited by selhars
  • Love 1

Soooo WHY can't Bravo show the footage of the fight....

Did Geneva's lawyer get an injunction or something?

Bravo has shown other video it's had of fights when charges were filed.

Good question... and will there be a reunion???

Bravo probably didn't show the fight because it would show Melyssa in the wrong as well and destroy the "Geneva is angry & violent" narrative:

Mica, Daisy, Melyssa, Arzo & Geneva are sitting on the sofa; Daisy & Mica leave.

Melyssa starts rambling about Demetria not coming to the event.

Melyssa & Arzo start going in on Geneva about Demetria's wedding; Geneva tells them its between them & to mind their business.

Melyssa makes some crack about Geneva having to call Mommy (I think at this point Geneva gets up---must be a struck nerve)

Geneva then makes a crack about Melyssa calling men, which makes Melyssa get up (struck nerve)

Arzo starts putting her hands in Geneva; Geneva tells her not to put her hands on her

Bravo then cuts to people being in shock, with Audio of the fight and Geneva saying Oh No She Didn't

Melyssa said something about defending her friend; I think what happened is this:

Geneva pushed back on Arzo having her hands on her;

Melyssa threw the glass at Geneva and it cut Geneva

Geneva threw the ice bucket/bottle upside Melyssa's head

If Melyssa was completely innocent, why would she be crying that this incident would ruin her career, everything that she has worked for? She cried that she only countercharged Geneva & she was just trying to defend her friend (Arzo).

But Arzo put her hands on Geneva first, and while Geneva shouldn't have stood up, Melyssa /Arzo shouldn't have provoked Geneva. Arzo was mighty smug in her TH too.

Geneva pled guilty to a misdemeanor and only got 15 days of community service & is suing Melyssa. I think that tape shows Geneva wasn't completely in the wrong but that would destroy Bravo's Geneva-Is-Violent narrative.

They probably won't have a reunion because Geneva & Melyssa probably have to stay away from each other and 2 of the 3 loads were relatively drama free.

• Love 2

I can only think that Arzo was at the wedding due to urging from the show producers. Given that neither Melyssa nor Geneva showed up, and that Demetria isn't friends with Daisy and Mica (and certainly not Chantelle), at the end of the day, Arzo was the default cast member left to attend.

• Love 4

I can only think that Arzo was at the wedding due to urging from the show producers. Given that neither Melyssa nor Geneva showed up, and that Demetria isn't friends with Daisy and Mica (and certainly not Chantelle), at the end of the day, Arzo was the default cast member left to attend.

Sounds about right.

• Love 1
(edited)

Greg pretty much has one expression. And that expression is pretty much expression less.

When Melyssa was crying about this "ruining her career" I couldn't figure out what career she was talking about.

Demetria talked of having such a limited guest list, yet Arzo and Yestirday are invited?

"

I'm beginning to think Greg's mouth can only open a maximum of an inch and only during certain times a day. He's like the tin man.

I too thought "What career?" about Melyssa. Granted, I haven't watched a music video in maybe 15 years, but is anyone really checking for Melyssa like that? She's always going on about trying to break out of her video vixen image, and yeah guys my age remember her name after snapping their fingers and thinking about it for a second, but she talks like she's on Pam Grier iconic status.

Yesterday was dressed like Triumph the dog. I can't imagine sitting at the table and having to eat my dinner across from that.

And really ladies? You're fighting and busting bottles over Demetria??? I also think production influenced Melyssa to confront Geneva on camera. But once Geneva answered, Melyssa could've dropped it. Geneva could've also walked away and found the other ladies. It seems she's learned from that mistake. I do wonder why Melyssa was immediately given treatment while Geneva was hauled off to jail. And were the tags still on Geneva's dress, or was that a mic pack?

I see Arzo's voice is genetic. Her brother or whoever that was has the exact same annoying voice.

Mica's body is fabulous. I know Melyssa's gets a lot of attention for hers, but I've always envied women who were tall with legs up to their necks. And Mica's got a nice pair of stems.

Demetria looks just like her father. I was really glad she wore some nipple shields for her wedding day because when she wore it at the photo shoot, her nips where visible and pointing in two different directions.

Edited by charmed1
  • Love 4

Mica's man gives me a bootleg Chef G. Garmin vibe.

I'm ashamed of myself for wanting to see the entire bottle bop. I feel like the editing monkeys are really trying to shape the narrrative of Geneva being the angry black woman. I already am not a fan of Geneva, I don't need help from the producers to like her less.

I did not love Demetria's dress but I loved the evening wedding. It looked really elegant and warm. Clearly her daddy loves his little girl. I would have preferred a live showing of this over the crapfest that was Yandy and Manfeces event.

• Love 4

Melyssa has admitted on the show that she's been arrested several times for fighting. I don't think I need to see the missing footage to know that she started something she couldn't finish. She'd been guzzling Patron straight up and could barely stand. At the moment Melyssa chucked the glass, Geneva should have walked away and called 911 and her attorney. Melyssa seemed more terrified about tarnishing her 'money-maker', than her BGC antics. Grow up, woman.

• Love 2
(edited)

I think Geneva was stupid.  She was in the right, Melyssa was wrong.  It wasn't Melyssa's business.  Geneva said that she spoke to Demetria, end of story.  However, Geneva is one of the dumbest people ever because when she said that stuff about Demetria and Greg, I know she was venting, but there was a CAMERA on her; she's on a reality show.  Here's the thing, if you say something on camera about another cast member, that cast member will be told what you said, Geneva should have told Demetria BEFORE Melyssa and Arzo opened their mouths.

I wonder what really happened though, I wonder why Bravo didn't show what happened.

Was Geneva really cut?  I did not see any blood on her when they were taking her away, but I did see blood on Melyssa's head.  That was wrong, violence is NEVER the answer unless your life is threatened, and let's face it, no one's life was threatened then.  

I think the reason Melyssa and Geneva were not at Demetria's wedding was because Bravo was filming the wedding and didn't want them to be there.  I thought Daisy's party was producer driven and probably Chantelle being there was a last minute addition.

I liked seeing Demetria's wedding.  I read the book, "Is Marriage for White People?" by Ralph Richard Banks, early this year.  Lots of good stuff in that book.  It was nice to see a black couple getting married because that is something you rarely see on TV these days.

Now for my un-PC opinion:  I noticed something when the whole Geneva/Melyssa thing went down.  When security told Mica, Daisy and Chantelle what happened the guard explained who got hit in the head, I thought it was interesting that he said, "the girl who isn't black" was the one who got hurt.  Mica then asked, if she was the biracial girl and was told yes.  I thought that was interesting because Melyssa looks black to me.  

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 2
(edited)

Again I think Meelyssa was wrong for getting in the middle of Geneva and Demetria's friendship and Arzo was definitely wrong for gas lighting the situation, but Geneva put her hands on Arzo first and Arzo said don't touch me and then put her hands on Geneva pushing her back Melyssa looked as if she drunkingly stubbled into Geneva and then it cuts off. Geneva admitted she threw the ice bucket at Melyssa first then Melissa threw her drink and then the bottle. I am pretty sure the video was shown in court and Geneva was convicted and Melissa wasn't charged. That tells me all I need to know. Geneva should have walked away instead of engaging, but I am happy that she took ownership for her part. I hope Melissa and Arzo realize they were not innocent in this.

Edited by howivesforever
  • Love 1
(edited)

the girl who isn't black" was the one who got hurt. Mica then asked, if she was the biracial girl and was told yes. I thought that was interesting because Melyssa looks black to me.

I thought I heard him say, "She said it was the one who isn't black." And Mica asked "was she brown skinned?" So it sounded like it was a game of telephone at that point and the guy really only saw a flurry of bodies and weave and could only best distinguish clothing and was going off what someone told him.

And Arzo's story to the cops sounded so dumb. "She kept touching my friend!"

I feel a little badly for Geneva though. Two arresses in one year?

Edited by charmed1

Eh. I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt in the cab situation considering we didn't see it. If Dajerria Becton, Marlene Pinnock, Natasha McKenna, and countless others, including my own encounters with police have taught me anything, it's that (some) cops have lost their goddamned minds when it comes to black women. Regardless, she could've handled both situations better.

• Love 4
(edited)

I honestly had no idea Melyssa was mixed until she mentioned it on this show. I think the security guard was confused because Melyssa does not look white.

IMO, Geneva fucked up. Melyssa was wrong for poking the bear, and Geneva was wrong for letting the situation get the best of her. This is a situation that did not need to happen - at any time, she could have walked away and been the bigger person. Now, she's the one with the felony charges, not Melyssa. I do like that Geneva at least owned her part in the fight afterwards. I hope she realizes now that the drama wasn't worth it. She missed Demetria's wedding and now she has a record. Some shit just isn't worth it. I do find it interesting that Geneva was charged despite it be a case of she said/she said and her not having a violent record, but Melyssa has said she's been arrested for fighting before and as far as I know, she did not face charges from this case. Did it really just come down to the fact that Melyssa was bleeding and Geneva was not?

I am glad Bravo didn't air the fight. Frankly, I'm tired of seeing fighting on reality television, particularly when it involves black women. That's JMO.

Edited by trimthatfat
  • Love 4
(edited)

Now for my un-PC opinion:  I noticed something when the whole Geneva/Melyssa thing went down.  When security told Mica, Daisy and Chantelle what happened the guard explained who got hit in the head, I thought it was interesting that he said, "the girl who isn't black" was the one who got hurt.  Mica then asked, if she was the biracial girl and was told yes.  I thought that was interesting because Melyssa looks black to me.  

I couldn't help but wonder if that initial confusion also played into Melyssa receiving immediate attention (leaving on a stretcher, etc.) versus Geneva being put in handcuffs. 

Again I think Meelyssa was wrong for getting in the middle of Geneva and Demetria's friendship and Arzo was definitely wrong for gas lighting the situation, but Geneva put her hands on Arzo first and Arzo said don't touch me and then put her hands on Geneva pushing her back Melyssa looked as if she drunkingly stubbled into Geneva and then it cuts off. Geneva admitted she threw the ice bucket at Melyssa first then Melissa threw her drink and then the bottle. I am pretty sure the video was shown in court and Geneva was convicted and Melissa wasn't charged. That tells me all I need to know. Geneva should have walked away instead of engaging, but I am happy that she took ownership for her part. I hope Melissa and Arzo realize they were not innocent in this.

I don't think that's what happened. This clip certainly shows Arzo putting her hands on Geneva. Arzo said that Geneva was getting close and pushed her back. That was when Geneva took Arzo's wrist to push her away. 

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 3

Why was Yesterday's suit Bedazzled? Just curious.

I have that same jacket, and yes it is. It's sequined. And I found out my 12 year old old cousin has the matching pair of pants to go with it. She's a girl by the way.
  • Love 1
(edited)

Geneva shouldn't have gotten up and stood over Melyssa Nene-style, but she did not touch Arzo or Melyssa first.  Geneva was very careful to keep both of her hands on her cell phone.  Arzo put her hands on Geneva and Geneva repeatedly told Arzo to get her hands off of her.

I believe if Geneva had put her hands on Melyssa first, BRAVO would've shown that because that would've fit into the Geneva-Is-Violent edit they've been giving her all season.

I believe that as Arzo was pushing on Geneva, MELYSSA threw the glass at Geneva (which would account for Geneva saying Oh No She Didn't in the audio & would also account for Melyssa saying she was just trying to defend her friend) and Geneva threw the ice bucket/bottle upside Melyssa's head.  I don't believe that Geneva was the aggressor in this case.  I believe Melyssa was the aggressor but Geneva did the most damage which is why Geneva spent the night in lockup, not Melyssa.  I think Melyssa said something about Geneva "counter-charging."  Well if Geneva is COUNTER-charging that means somebody (Melyssa) charged Geneva first.

I think the truth of the matter is the tape shows Melyssa charging Geneva but Geneva busting Melyssa upside the head with the ice bucket, which is why Geneva only got a misdemeanor plea and 15 days of community service.

The producers are the only reason why Arzo and Past were sitting there at the wedding.  Daisy knew she wasn't invited to the wedding BEFORE her latest dustup with Demetria so it doesn't matter if Arzo was invited or not because Daisy wasn't going to be invited regardless.

Edited by drivethroo
  • Love 6

I couldn't help but wonder if that initial confusion also played into Melyssa receiving immediate attention (leaving on a stretcher, etc.) versus Geneva being put in handcuffs.

I don't think that's what happened. This clip certainly shows Arzo putting her hands on Geneva. Arzo said that Geneva was getting close and pushed her back. That was when Geneva took Arzo's wrist to push her away.

I will have to rewatch.

The point at which you think you should rest your head in a random room on Chantelle's yacht is the point at which your ass should go home. Girl please. I'm sorry but be reasonable/rational/smart - if you have been having chemo and radiation therapy and you had a low grade temp at home then why the hell are you going to a party. Daisy confuses me. Call me cold, but she should have several seats.

• Love 8

The point at which you think you should rest your head in a random room on Chantelle's yacht is the point at which your ass should go home. Girl please. I'm sorry but be reasonable/rational/smart - if you have been having chemo and radiation therapy and you had a low grade temp at home then why the hell are you going to a party. Daisy confuses me. Call me cold, but she should have several seats.

Come on, I'll be sorry w you.

It looked to me like Daisy wanted a scene.  Like she was angling for somebody to escort her off the boat in a dramatic fashion. "One more degree and I'll have to go to the ER".  Ummm...why not leave now?  Why wait for that ONE degree?  Cause she wanted a scene.  And she wanted to wreck somebody else's good time by having to take her to the ER and sit all night.  Cause that's what a good Daisy friend will do.

• Love 4

I'm not going to get on Daisy's case. She thought she was well enough to attend the party and discovered otherwise when she got there. Until I've suffered though something as agonizing and painful as chemo/radiation, I won't judge her actions.

Girl probably attended the party because she needs that Bravo paycheque. I haven't forgotten that mountain of bills stacked on her bed.

• Love 9

Oh! I wanted to talk about this, too. Maybe it's my general "Girl, bye" feelings toward Daisy since she got ridic about Demetria's blog last season, but I found it interesting that Daisy managed to pull it together for her friends' show events this season. She was OK for Melyssa's hot ass "Life of a Former Video Vixen" off-off-off-off (off-off-off) Broadway show; she was fine for Mica's pop runway thingamabob; she was certainly well for her own prayer vigil.

However, for Demetria's book event, Daisy had that whole prescription business meltdown (whose timing I questioned back during that episode) and then this moment at Chantelle's event. It feels a bit...passive aggressive in a way because then it splits the recording of the recorded event. 

And now I see why Melyssa has had it out for Geneva. She's still pissed off about Geneva telling everybody about her debit card getting declined. LOL! Which, okay was messed up, but like Geneva said, everybody saw it. Don't be mad at Geneva. Be mad at yourself for trying to party knowing you don't even have 10 dollars to your name.

• Love 2

And now I see why Melyssa has had it out for Geneva. She's still pissed off about Geneva telling everybody about her debit card getting declined. LOL! Which, okay was messed up, but like Geneva said, everybody saw it. Don't be mad at Geneva. Be mad at yourself for trying to party knowing you don't even have 10 dollars to your name.

I think Geneva has nerve talking about anybody's money situation.  Now she moved out of Harlem to the financial district because Harlem was too expensive, that's what she said?   I don't know but I thought the financial district was more expensive than Harlem, or there are probably more reasonable places to live in Harlem than the financial district.  Doesn't Geneva have to call her mother for money all the time?

• Love 3

You can get way more for your money in Harlem. I posted some comparable links a few pages back. Geneva lives in a tiny studio; she probably thinks the Financial District is more prestigious-sounding than Harlem, but I'd rather have space. I'd also bet that her mother is footing the bill: I've seen Demetria's bylines but not Geneva's and I don't think she's done anything with that website she was talking about. I'm not sure how well Melyssa does at real estate but she HAS been shown going to work with colleagues, a boss, etc. The times they've showed Geneva working, it's seemed like it's for show. (I actually don't think any of these women are well-off, except perhaps Mica - I wonder if she owns her place?)

I don't like Demetria but that did look like a lovely wedding. I maintain that that was the wrong dress for her though.

I was right there with Geneva when she told Melyssa that friendship wasn't a competition. And Melyssa was being nothing but messy starting shit with Geneva. Geneva should have walked away (as she said, not everything requires a reaction) but Melyssa is far from blameless.

• Love 2

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Chantelle was doing some cloak and dagger stuff. She was standing and talking with Geneva when Geneva sees Melyssa and Arzo come in. Chantelle goes over to greet Melyssa and the subject of whether Geneva is there comes up and Chantelle says she hasn't seen Geneva and doesn't know if she's coming.

Doesn't Geneva have to call her mother for money all the time?

Melyssa pointed that out and that's when Geneva stood up Nene-style over Melyssa.

And now I see why Melyssa has had it out for Geneva. She's still pissed off about Geneva telling everybody about her debit card getting declined.

Geneva told Melyssa at least she doesn't have to call MEN, which is when Melyssa got up.

Melyssa might have at least one friend with benefit$ which is why she got so mad when Chantelle called her out at the matchmaker function and why she got up when Geneva said that she might call her mom for but at least she's not calling men for money.

• Love 1

I did find it interesting that Melyssa brought this up when it happened a year ago.  Whatevs.

Side note: I remember the TH when Geneva said "Insufficient funds. Hashtag insufficient funds".  What's interesting to me is that Daisy also made mention of Melyssa's lack of funds.  There was a scene where Daisy and Mel were at a bar.  Mel had to whip out her iPad to see if her "money had been deposited yet", and Daisy ended up paying for their drinks. Daisy did a talking head where she said something along the lines of "I just assume if you're in real estate you're making a lot of money... (pause)...I don't know nothing" with the last part being said in an accent.

Mel and Daisy's relationship wasn't affected by that, so why so upset at Geneva?  I'd be more upset if a friend made that remark than some random.

(edited)

I dont feel sorry for Melyssa getting her ass tapped by Geneva. She and Hound Dog Arzo been wanting drama for several episodes now. Melyssa had no business making Geneva and Demetria problems her problems. It was squashed and she started to get funky. Im not here for her tears. And this is coming from someone whos not a big Geneva fan at all!

I agree. Melyssa: don't act all hood rat if you're not ready to engage in hood rat drama. She kept running on with her mouth, and I kept talking to the screen like "ok girl, enough, ENOUGH," and then her ass (and Arzo) careened over the line.  Not to say that Geneva was right..but. Don't start none, won't be none.

I appreciate Geneva taking ownership of her part in the altercation, even though I don't condone violence. I hope this was a learning experience for her and she'll walk away in the future.

Yes. She's had to eat two large humble pies this season. And I hope she does learn, because I can't with her cry face.

I too thought "What career?" about Melyssa.

Perhaps she was referencing her real estate career??

Edited by Jade Foxx
  • Love 2

I did find it interesting that Melyssa brought this up when it happened a year ago. Whatevs.

Side note: I remember the TH when Geneva said "Insufficient funds. Hashtag insufficient funds". What's interesting to me is that Daisy also made mention of Melyssa's lack of funds. There was a scene where Daisy and Mel were at a bar. Mel had to whip out her iPad to see if her "money had been deposited yet", and Daisy ended up paying for their drinks. Daisy did a talking head where she said something along the lines of "I just assume if you're in real estate you're making a lot of money... (pause)...I don't know nothing" with the last part being said in an accent.

Mel and Daisy's relationship wasn't affected by that, so why so upset at Geneva? I'd be more upset if a friend made that remark than some random.

D'oh you're right. That was Daisy who had to pay for Melyssa's drink while Melyssa feverishly checked her negative balance on her iPad. I thought it was Geneva because Geneva stated she had been out with Melyssa and her card had been declined too. Melyssa should just drink at home and go ahead and print herself out a little "ladies free before 10" flyer and stand on the side of the ropes with all the other broke 25 year old girls who say they know somebody who put them on the list.

Melyssa might have at least one friend with benefit$ which is why she got so mad when Chantelle called her out at the matchmaker function and why she got up when Geneva said that she might call her mom for but at least she's not calling men for money.

Hee. I see what you did there. Maybe she calls her life coach, Michael Eric Dyson after he writes another Bill Cosby book.

I think Melyssa was making reference to her entertainment career. She got staples on her head (not sure if was on her scalp or forehead), so that could impact booking jobs that relies on her looks (modeling gigs, club appearances).

I am going to be shallow here, but I have to say that Geneva looked gorgeous in blue. I know she got the Noxzema jokes last season, but the night of the fight, she looked really pretty.

I did side-eye her a bit when she said if her temperature went up one degree, she would have to go home. I think she should have made a quick appearance and then headed home if her fever was that serious. It looked like the yacht was docked so it wasn't like she was in a situation where an exit was possible.

• Love 2

Here's some very grainy footage of the fight. It's taken from someone's cell phone and it's post-bottle busting. I can see who I think is the bouncer who notified Chantelle and Mica. He's very casually breaking it up. And Arzo is trying to pull Melyssa off of Geneva. http://www.tmz.com/2014/10/30/melyssa-ford-sued-geneva-thomas-fight-blood-sweat-and-heels/

Again, two grown women fighting over Demetria and meanwhile...

As for specifically what happened between Geneva and Melyssa, I wasn’t there. I was shopping for my wedding shoes out in Roosevelt Fields