Type keyword(s) to search

Blood, Sweat & Heels - General Discussion

• Start Topic

But we're not talking about the world in general, we're talking about one cast member, Mica, who has been accused of thinking she's better than the rest of the cast because of her skin color when we haven't been shown any evidence of that being the case. We all know that white/light skin privilege exists and it's real and we know that Mica (and Brie & Melyssa & Demetria & Arzo) have benefitted from it.  I'm quite sure most of those ladies would agree.  I think that's why Mica is extra & over the top and self deprecates because she knows she does benefit from looking ambigous/having light skinned privilege.

However, we haven't seen one shred of evidence of Mica thinking she's better than anyone else because of her complexion, so yes that accusation says more about the person making the accusation than it does about Mica.

We also see this in the assumption that Arzo is racist.  I think Arzo is uncomfortable with regard to race; her culture probably wants her to marry a fellow Afghani man who is also a Muslim.  She is dating a black man and that's probably a no no; bringing a white man home would probably go over better with her family.  And so she's uncomfortable with race, as the majority of the people in this country are.

But we can't assume that Arzo is racist because she says she has a black boyfriend every 2 seconds and doesn't think Geneva's arrest was race based.  Some of the other cast members (including one who is supposedly Geneva's good friend) don't think Geneva's arrest was race based either.  I'm going to need more evidence from ARZO that Arzo is racist than she's not black & she doesn't think somebody's arrest was based on race.

Except that as quick as she was to dismiss Geneva's cab interaction as not race-based, Arzo classified Chantelle's insult to her as racist. I don't think Arzo has any discomfort with race because of that AND because she, apropos of nothing and within her first meeting of someone, mentioned that her boyfriend is black. She strikes me as the type who would also go on to talk about her man's genitalia because why not.

As far as Mica goes and this discussion goes, I only ever responded because 1) when someone brought up Mica's light-skin privilege it was dismissed out of hand and 2) then turned around to say that anyone remarking on it is likely the one with the issue. That said, Mica went into a profession where she got to trade on her looks. I find it hard to believe that she didn't play up her features (one of which is her skin color and how she can be ambiguous in various campaigns) to secure a job. I'm leaving it here now. 

Ya'll seem really clear on Geneva's cab story, so can someone please explain the last part of it for me?  She's telling Chantelle that they get to the nail salon and she tells him she's happy to pay her fare but not for the portion where he kept the meter running during the time he was stopped when trying to put her out?  Was there something about going inside to get his money?  And if so, is she having this conversation outside the taxi, walking into the building? That part was super murky but the weird thing is that, on principle, I agree with her.  The meter should've stopped at the point of their original dispute.  I don't care if it's an extra 5 or extra 50, the portion of fare he wasn't entitled to, he's not getting.  Have that talk in the cab with the $10 in your hand though.  That being said, if you're gonna stand by your principles, I guess you need to be ready to face the accompanying consequences and/or learn how to talk faster because it sounded like the arresting officer was an asshole.  She's gonna have a hard time selling racism, when the guy picked her up, A.  and it didn't turn ugly until she wanted to direct his route, B. 

I like Mica as a reality show participant. 

I love Teena Marie .as a consummate artist. 

No way in hell do I see a comparison.

Girl, I don't think she meant this professionally.  I'm not even gonna quantify with mileage varies, these two are dopplegangers.

000_2541.JPG

d089fdbd535434ae5eeda634760cb8e0.jpg

blood-sweat-and-heels-season-1-photo-dia

• Love 7

Ya'll seem really clear on Geneva's cab story, so can someone please explain the last part of it for me?  She's telling Chantelle that they get to the nail salon and she tells him she's happy to pay her fare but not for the portion where he kept the meter running during the time he was stopped when trying to put her out?  Was there something about going inside to get his money?  And if so, is she having this conversation outside the taxi, walking into the building? That part was super murky but the weird thing is that, on principle, I agree with her.  The meter should've stopped at the point of their original dispute.  I don't care if it's an extra 5 or extra 50, the portion of fare he wasn't entitled to, he's not getting.  Have that talk in the cab with the $10 in your hand though.  That being said, if you're gonna stand by your principles, I guess you need to be ready to face the accompanying consequences and/or learn how to talk faster because it sounded like the arresting officer was an asshole.  She's gonna have a hard time selling racism, when the guy picked her up, A.  and it didn't turn ugly until she wanted to direct his route, B. 

Girl, I don't think she meant this professionally.  I'm not even gonna quantify with mileage varies, these two are dopplegangers.

000_2541.JPG

d089fdbd535434ae5eeda634760cb8e0.jpg

blood-sweat-and-heels-season-1-photo-dia

From what I gathered, she said that she told him she only wanted to pay the fare she thought she owed, but then said right after that that she went into the salon to call the cops.  So it seems like she left the cabbie sitting there, for him to assume that she was trying to escape the fare.  Why couldn't she call the cops from outside?  It's definitely a little murky; as a journalist she has a little trouble telling cohesive stories.

Mica and Teena Marie definitely favor each other.  I bet Mica could give one hell of a "Lovergirl" lip-sync performance.

• Love 2

From what I gathered, she said that she told him she only wanted to pay the fare she thought she owed, but then said right after that that she went into the salon to call the cops.  So it seems like she left the cabbie sitting there, for him to assume that she was trying to escape the fare.  Why couldn't she call the cops from outside?  It's definitely a little murky; as a journalist she has a little trouble telling cohesive stories.

Mica and Teena Marie definitely favor each other.  I bet Mica could give one hell of a "Lovergirl" lip-sync performance.

Thank you guh.  This is how I heard it and it made absolutely no sense whatsoever.   She said she had called the cops but it seemed like the dispatcher relaying the story told the cabbie's side first.   I better stop trying to turn it into something logical, this girl left Harlem for dead by 7pm, twice as expensive, also in Manhattan, 1/3 the size, FiDi.  I can't think of one adult who'd be impressed by having shaggery taking place in the same room where you make your eggs. 

I'm rooting for Melyssa to get out more.  Her date reminded me of a tertiary New Jack City character.  My bias, I just don't like product-y DeBarge looking hair.  Andplusalso as visceral as men are, I sort of think that any dude who isn't demonstrably drooling over her is just odd.  Underneath the ben nye, it's clear she's gorgeous and not particularly full of herself.  I'd think they'd think that's a huge plus.

• Love 5

I'm going to give Demetria and Greg the benefit of the doubt in terms of chemistry.  From what I understand, wedding planning is stressful, so it makes sense that they might be coming across sour.  They seem to have a sarcastic banter going on with each other, and that rarely comes across well on camera.

I'm rooting for Melyssa to get out more.  Her date reminded me of a tertiary New Jack City character.  My bias, I just don't like product-y DeBarge looking hair.  Andplusalso as visceral as men are, I sort of think that any dude who isn't demonstrably drooling over her is just odd.  Underneath the ben nye, it's clear she's gorgeous and not particularly full of herself.  I'd think they'd think that's a huge plus.

I think it's the intellect.  I think once men see she has a brain and an opinion and wants to talk about non superficial things, they realize she won't fall for whatever weak ass game they're trying to throw and that they need to put in some extra work to get her undressed.  

Edited by luckyroll3
  • Love 7

I think Chantelle, in the agitated heat of the moment, floundered a bit and thought "Afghan hound" was a clever, insulting play on hound dog, or dog. In my neighborhood there's a very disagreeable neighbor, Scots by birth, whom some folks call The Scotch Terrorist. It's rude in the sense that it draws on someone's nationality, but I don't think it's racist in the sense of color.

I was curious about Demetria's questions to Daisy about not wearing a dress. She said something like "Have you left the dress gang?" I've noticed how frequently these women wear lady-like dresses and wonder if there's some kind of understanding about what's acceptable for professional women on camera - if they are anti-pants.

Edited by pasdetrois

Unpopular opinion alert: I thought Melyssa looked terrible on the date. So overly made up. She does not need all of that makeup. Less is more, especially when you are as naturally beautiful as she is.

Dude didn't seem very interesting to me. Nice to look at, but nothing else. Not enough substance. Pretty boys are just that, often.

• Love 2

Unpopular opinion alert: I thought Melyssa looked terrible on the date. So overly made up. She does not need all of that makeup. Less is more, especially when you are as naturally beautiful as she is.

Dude didn't seem very interesting to me. Nice to look at, but nothing else. Not enough substance. Pretty boys are just that, often.

Seriously over made up. He was dull, wasn't he?

• Love 1

I described him to a friend who watches the show but hasn't yet seen this ep as "pretty but dim." And there can be room for the pretty but dim ones in your love life if you're not looking for anything serious, but it appears Melyssa is.

• Love 1

Geneva got 10 days of community service for pleading guilty to hitting someone in the head with a bottle? Now that's privilege. She should kiss that judge.

I just don't like product-y DeBarge looking hair.

Why must you bring Eldra into this? Can he help that he's beautiful? Why is he the reference for greasy pretty boys everywhere? It's not his fault that his coils were the the inspiration for every man who purchased a box of Duke in the 80's. I propose a new pretty boy poster boy. El has been carrying this burden for 35 years. It's not fair.

I have some sympathy for Geneva. I was in a similar situation, but not in New York. The difference is that the cabbie pulled over to the police officer who immediately discovered that the asshole's license had expired. Hee. What she should have done though, was paid the 10 bucks before going in the nail salon and also photographing herself doing so and/or getting a receipt. Then report his ass.

I don't mind Chantelle so much, but Arzo gotta go. Her ridiculous little boyfriend can stay though because he's too ridiculous to be true. I love his horrible voice, his horrible clothes and his horrible song. "I'mma be livin' in yo house and pullin' on yo drapes girl," sounds like the national anthem for squatters or stalkers or both. I wouldn't be surprised if Arzo was bankrolling his "career."

Edited by charmed1
  • Love 9

Geneva got 10 days of community service for pleading guilty to hitting someone in the head with a bottle? Now that's privilege. She should kiss that judge.

Why must you bring Eldra into this? Can he help that he's beautiful? Why is he the reference for greasy pretty boys everywhere? It's not his fault that his coils were the the inspiration for every man who purchased a box of Duke in the 80's. I propose a new pretty boy poster boy. El has been carrying this burden for 35 years. It's not fair.

I have some sympathy for Geneva. I was in a similar situation, but not in New York. The difference is that the cabbie pulled over to the police officer who immediately discovered that the asshole's license had expired. Hee. What she should have done though, was paid the 10 bucks before going in the nail salon and also photographing herself doing so and/or getting a receipt. Then report his ass.

I don't mind Chantelle so much, but Arzo gotta go. Her ridiculous little boyfriend can stay though because he's too ridiculous to be true. I love his horrible voice, his horrible clothes and his horrible song. "I'mma be livin' in yo house and pullin' on yo drapes girl," sounds like the national anthem for squatters or stalkers or both. I wouldn't be surprised if Arzo was bankrolling his "career."

This entire post made me laugh so hard that my stomach now hurts!  Thank you...that was much needed.  And yes, everyone is always using El to dis the pretty boys. 

I also need to know the rest of the lyrics for Yesterday's (I refuse to use that awful spelling) song.  Why's he pulling on the drapes?  Is he in hiding?  Does he like the dark?

• Love 1

it didn't turn ugly until she wanted to direct his route, B.

See... but that's what you do.  The BK and Manhattan Bridges leave you in different parts of Brooklyn so Geneva would have paid a lot extra both in getting to the BK bridge and getting through downtown Brooklyn to go over to the salon. The exact thing Geneva is describing has happened to me more than once in NYC cabs, so I'm not surprised. Cab drivers often threaten to call the police because they think it will scare a black person--we all got warrants.

It was really nice to see Demetria and Daisy get along. 

I'm still trying to figure out what the hell that was with Yesterday and Orzo.

Edited by ThomasAAnderson
  • Love 2

debarge.jpg

Ok, get your coffee cup, let's Zapruder it together.  Wet, gheri, mullet.  Girl. Girl?  As a people, we've been all kinds of wrong about all kinds of stuff but you know you see the same thing I do lol!   At the point where you Andre Agassi your shit, slick it back and spritz it out, I do believe you've earned a lifelong headshake.  and, AND!! How bout I ain't even mention the center pull out curl, I let you have that one for free.   That's my boo for life.  He just can't use my pillowcases.

announcergirl, I see you.  Al B didn't bother me because he knew to keep it short.  I wanna say that was a gheri high top fade. Which might have involved a liberal amount of pro-style but there was no fancy shit on the sides or in the front.  Come check on me if we ever spark a unibrow discourse.  

See... but that's what you do.  The BK and Manhattan Bridges leave you in different parts of Brooklyn so Geneva would have paid a lot extra both in getting to the BK bridge and getting through downtown Brooklyn to go over to the salon. The exact thing Geneva is describing has happened to me more than once in NYC cabs, so I'm not surprised. Cab drivers often threaten to call the police because they think it will scare a black person especially--we all got warrants.

{{churchnods}} it is what you do.   In my head it went downhill from there because of tone not content.  It's wrong for me to assume, but I don't see Geneva's default as polite.  To me she tries so hard to appear and sound refined in this classist way that I can see her talking to people in service like Leona Helmsley used to if she gets the chance.   Now, I just made that whole thing up, she could be perfectly lovely in person, but the reason why a nyc cab driver would even raise an eyebrow about a request he must hear everyday intrigues me.

Cab drivers often threaten to call the police because they think it will scare a black person especially--we all got warrants.

Lol!! uh, you gone finish your testimony or....?

• Love 9

Now, I just made that whole thing up, she could be perfectly lovely in person, but the reason why a nyc cab driver would even raise an eyebrow about a request he must hear everyday intrigues me.

Exactly.  Sure there are shady cab drivers who wont pick Black people up ( I have lived in DC and NYC) which mostly happens at night if you are headed to the hood. 

But once in a cab, I have never had a negative experience. it is most often very pleasant.  I guess I still have that Southern girl instinct because I am always curious and talking to cab drivers.  "Where you from? Who your people?"  That sort of thing. 

Geneva seems like the type I knew in college who would pull out a hair to put in her half eaten meal to avoid paying for it.  My opinion.  She probably pulled some stunts with other cab drivers but this time messed with "not the one". Again, my opinion.

Edited by SpringTulips
  • Love 3

Ok, get your coffee cup, let's Zapruder it together.  Wet, gheri, mullet.  Girl. Girl?  As a people, we've been all kinds of wrong about all kinds of stuff but you know you see the same thing I do lol!   At the point where you Andre Agassi your shit, slick it back and spritz it out, I do believe you've earned a lifelong headshake.  and, AND!! How bout I ain't even mention the center pull out curl, I let you have that one for free.   That's my boo for life.  He just can't use my pillowcases.

Hahahahahahaha! I just sporfled my chamomile tea reading this! I'm giggling just re-reading it.

I agree that Geneva's default setting is not "courteous", and there's probably more to this story. For a cab ride to escalate to police involvement, not once, but twice, is curious. I remember a previous episode where she also got into it with the moving company. I have the distinct feeling that Geneva is a difficult customer. Nothing is ever done to her satisfaction. She probably sends her food back and micro-manages her manicurist.

• Love 2

I think Geneva's default is haughty asshole with a heaping side of righteous indignation. When I first started watching this series I actually liked her. But that all changed.

I do like that all of their apartments look lived in. Not like a staged apartment or magazine spread.

• Love 2

debarge.jpg

Oh no you did not!!  But I can't say you're not telling the truth! Lol!  At least El's hair seems a lot more pliable than the other Debarges'.  Ain't none of them could pull off that center curl.....

• Love 1

debarge.jpg

Ok, get your coffee cup, let's Zapruder it together. Wet, gheri, mullet. Girl. Girl? As a people, we've been all kinds of wrong about all kinds of stuff but you know you see the same thing I do lol! At the point where you Andre Agassi your shit, slick it back and spritz it out, I do believe you've earned a lifelong headshake. and, AND!! How bout I ain't even mention the center pull out curl, I let you have that one for free. That's my boo for life. He just can't use my pillowcases.

You've hurt my feelings. And in the words of Eileen Davidson, "How dare you!" You can look at his face and tell Eldra was not feeling the make up or the center forehead curl. His face is saying, "I'm only doing this to buy mama a house." AND let the record show (in my Clair Huxtable voice) that another super talented handsome young black man who also hailed from a large, strict, religious family in the Midwest, wore a forehead coil (that was aided by activator and not natural like Eldra's) ahem...51VRdpYNU9L.jpg

but he is never used as an example of slicked down Jheri juice pretty boy hair. Free El!

And! To bring it back to the show, that dullard Melyssa went out with didn't even have hair like El's. It was slicked down Don Draper hair without the period piece relevance of the early to mid sixties to even make it sexy.

And speaking of Melyssa, hun, if you're trying to get chose, bragging about getting arrested five times is not the move. Both she and Arzo looked drunk off their asses. And for them to be such good friends, Arzo was pretty nasty to Melyssa when she stepped between her and Chantelle. Unless she slapped me in my face, I could never imagine telling one of my homegirls, "Don't ever put your hands on me again" when she's actually trying to help me.

Edited by charmed1
  • Love 6

Don't mean to be quoting you twice, but...

We all know that Arzo is dating Hakeem Lyon. His next little moment on Bravo will be a clip of him singing "Af. Ghan. Af-Afghan hound."

You've hurt my feelings. And in the words of Eileen Davidson, "How dare you!" You can look at his face and tell Eldra was not feeling the make up or the center forehead curl. His face is saying, "I'm only doing this to buy mama a house." AND let the record show (in my Clair Huxtable voice) that another super talented handsome young black man who also hailed from a large, strict, religious family in the Midwest, wore a forehead coil (that was aided by activator and not natural like Eldra's) ahem...51VRdpYNU9L.jpg
but he is never used as an example of slicked down Jheri juice pretty boy hair. Free El!

And! To bring it back to the show, that dullard Melyssa went out with didn't even have hair like El's. It was slicked down Don Draper hair without the period piece relevance of the early to mid sixties to even make it sexy.

And speaking of Melyssa, hun, if you're trying to get chose, bragging about getting arrested five times is not the move. Both she and Arzo looked drunk off their asses. And for them to be such good friends, Arzo was pretty nasty to Melyssa when she stepped between her and Chantelle. Unless she slapped me in my face, I could never imagine telling one of my homegirls, "Don't ever put your hands on me again" when she's actually trying to help me.

Aww, that springy coil! For Halloween, I picked out my hair because I was all about channeling some Pam Grier as Foxy Brown realness. It worked but at some point during night the front part of my fro started to wilt (dancing, yanno), and I had the Michael Jackson lock of hair on my forehead.

Don't mean to be quoting you twice, but...

We all know that Arzo is dating Hakeem Lyon. His next little moment on Bravo will be a clip of him singing "Af. Ghan. Af-Afghan hound."

Aww, that springy coil! For Halloween, I picked out my hair because I was all about channeling some Pam Grier as Foxy Brown realness. It worked but at some point during night the front part of my fro started to wilt (dancing, yanno), and I had the Michael Jackson lock of hair on my forehead.

I can't with you!!! It didn't happen if there are no pictures. :-D

Trust. I'll post it when I get home. 

I can't with you!!! It didn't happen if there are no pictures. :-D

ETA: 17032597677_81c55bf32d_n.jpg

This pic won't stay up too long, though, but peep the fallen lock on my forehead. It wasn't that way when I first got to the party. ;-)

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 11

Lol!! uh, you gone finish your testimony or....?

lol I just meant there is an assumption that all black folks have warrants. I will check a service person who's out of pocket i.e. excuse me waitress it's his birthday so I'm paying for this meal. Unless you're thinking threesome you should be flirting with me not him for your tip or maybe just provide good service... 

• Love 1

[snip] I kind of believe what Geneva said.  About 30+ years ago I worked as a telemarketer and had the evening shift.  I always took a cab home since I finished work at 12:30am.  One night, I got into a cab and the driver was doing downtown, not uptown.  I told him and he said that if I gave him a kiss, he'd take me uptown.  I told him to fuck himself, and got out of the cab.  Luckily, there was a black cab driver who picked me up. [snip]

And then there's this from NY's Finest:  http://www.salon.com/2015/04/19/the_worst_elements_of_the_department_ny_cop_blog_is_home_to_the_most_vile_racism_on_the_internet_partner/

Edited by Stinger97

A couple things, y'all: 

1. Please keep in mind that the PTV boards are frequented by a lot of different people, and it is important to respect everyone. When discussing issues of race, please use your best judgment in what sort of language to use so as not to offend anyone. We want everyone to feel included. 

2. Some of the posts have been a tad off-topic. If a post seems more about your own personal life and less about the TV show, please take it to the Small Talk thread, which is for all off-topic discussion. Thank you!

[snip] I kind of believe what Geneva said.  About 30+ years ago I worked as a telemarketer and had the evening shift.  I always took a cab home since I finished work at 12:30am.  One night, I got into a cab and the driver was doing downtown, not uptown.  I told him and he said that if I gave him a kiss, he'd take me uptown.  I told him to fuck himself, and got out of the cab.  Luckily, there was a black cab driver who picked me up. [snip]

And then there's this from NY's Finest:  http://www.salon.com/2015/04/19/the_worst_elements_of_the_department_ny_cop_blog_is_home_to_the_most_vile_racism_on_the_internet_partner/

But to your original point, I don't believe race was involved, the guy picked her up.  It's not that I think the cab driver couldn'tve been an asshole, after all the guy WAS taking her the long way in an effort to price gouge her.  It's just as easy for me to believe that Geneva was also being an asshole.....because I've seen her be an asshole.   Using your scenario as an example, eww by the way, the creepy driver you had hadn't started the meter or the trip.  If I understand this part of her story properly, after just having had a dispute, she got out of the cab without giving him any amount of money.   She didn't say here I'm giving you 10 bucks because you kept the meter running when we stopped or here I'm giving you 10 bucks because that's what this ride actually costs and I know you tried it, she got out of the cab without giving him any money (again, if I understand that part properly).  Now the guy has the basis for fare evasion.   She's well within her rights to be treated properly and taken where she wants to go but you can't hop out of a nyc taxi after taking the ride and tell the driver you've just fought with, hang out here a sec, I'll be right back with what I owe you. 

• Love 4
If I understand this part of her story properly, after just having had a dispute, she got out of the cab without giving him any amount of money.   She didn't say here I'm giving you 10 bucks because you kept the meter running when we stopped or here I'm giving you 10 bucks because that's what this ride actually costs and I know you tried it, she got out of the cab without giving him any money (again, if I understand that part properly).  Now the guy has the basis for fare evasion.   She's well within her rights to be treated properly and taken where she wants to go but you can't hop out of a nyc taxi after taking the ride and tell the driver you've just fought with, hang out here a sec, I'll be right back with what I owe you.

I think you are right.  Did Geneva ever say she paid the driver?  She said she walked into the nail salon, she said the fare was too much, but did she pay the driver anything?  

I think you are right.  Did Geneva ever say she paid the driver?  She said she walked into the nail salon, she said the fare was too much, but did she pay the driver anything?  

Crux of the problem.  I don't think she paid him at all, but I don't want to dispute that she was going to.  For argument's sake let's say there's an ATM machine in the nail salon - did she not say this to him?  Cabbies aren't how I get around the city so it's been a while for me but aren't they all equipped with credit card swipers now?  why would he even....ooh, duh.  Okay it just lightbulb clicked, she couldn'tve swiped the machine because it showed the inflated fare, she was going to get him cash to pay the fair market value amount lol.  Ah.  Got it. Got it got it.   Well damn, now I wanna know what was going on that she couldnt've gotten the money and come back outside before the cops got there.  Did he drive off and tell the cops where to find him but she comes out of the salon and doesn't see him in the cut?  In which case, if so...damn.   Neurochick, girl, g'awn and take a bow, you got me to feel empathy for Geneva.  An accomplishment indeed lol.

• Love 1

I can't even watch this nonsense anymore, though some of the ladies had decent fashion sense, but y'all are killing me with this hair stuff. May need to check it out to see if Mica's man is  more El or more Andre. Please keep the laughs coming, hard to stifle them at my desk ;)

Hi again, everyone. I just moved four posts into the Small Talk thread because they were off-topic. I realize that talking about the hairstyles of the women on the show sometimes crosses over into talking about ourselves, and that's totally cool, but if it's more about your own hairdo, it's off-topic and belongs in the Small Talk thread. Thanks!

[snip] I kind of believe what Geneva said.  About 30+ years ago I worked as a telemarketer and had the evening shift.  I always took a cab home since I finished work at 12:30am.  One night, I got into a cab and the driver was doing downtown, not uptown.  I told him and he said that if I gave him a kiss, he'd take me uptown.  I told him to fuck himself, and got out of the cab.  Luckily, there was a black cab driver who picked me up. [snip]

For some reason this sexual harassment disturbs me more then the racism.  I am glad you were able to get home safely.

Geneva has some issues and this show has not been a good look for her.  However, I could believe just about anything when it comes to NYC cab drivers.

Does anyone else think Arzo and Heather from RHONYC sound really alike, especially when Arzo slipped into her "tough" act? My eyes were concentrating on something on my laptop during the last rerun and when Arzo and Chantelle were arguing, her voice just reminded me so much of Heather's.

• Love 1

Does anyone else think Arzo and Heather from RHONYC sound really alike, especially when Arzo slipped into her "tough" act? My eyes were concentrating on something on my laptop during the last rerun and when Arzo and Chantelle were arguing, her voice just reminded me so much of Heather's.

It's the "I'm down with urban black people so I speak their slang" speech affect.

• Love 4

Do I think Chantelke's Afghan hound comment was based on Arzo's ethnicity? Yes.

Does Arzo in fact look like an Afghan hound? Yes.

I think if the cab incident had happened to any other cast member, the race allegation would be believed. But everyone on the show knows Geneva has a smart mouth and could have provoked the situation. Fact sheets? Girl, bye.

Mica needs to say bye to that short wig she had on, too.

• Love 6

Melyssa is an idiot. I've suspected it, but now I believe it. I wish I'd known that being Hispanic precluded someone from being racist. I would've told the asshole cop who happened to be Hispanic who pulled me over for driving while black a block away from my own damned house. Thinking about that incident still makes my blood boil.

Mica singing Geneva's arresses fact sheet was hilarious.

• Love 6

Oh the fact sheet....The faces of the other ladies when they were handed a copy and their responses in their talking heads were priceless.  Geneva needs to go somewhere with her "facts" cause her story as already changed from what she described to Chantelle last week.  She definitely had an "oh" face when the lawyer dude told her to watch what she said about the incident to other people as it could be used against her.

Demetria cracked me up when she told Arzo she needed to "simmer down".  Arzo's working real hard to keep her "heels". 

Daisy's scene with her staff made me tear up.  My staff is also young, high school and college students, and I also refer to them as my kids.

• Love 3