Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E16: Ring on a String

• Start Topic

Same here, WQ.

I think we only have about 3-4 episodes left, including the reunion.

My Monday nights will be a wasteland of despair after that.  

I'll be bitchier than Kristen in a parking lot being told she's unmanageable and has fucked everyone at SUR when this season wraps up.

Will those smokes be 100s or shorts?  

Virginia Slims 120s - Luxury Lights, they were once called (last looong time, sucky fucky).  NO MENTHOL, eh!  :-)

Bless you for asking, too, Persnickety1.  Wanna join my Monday night not-quite-suicide pact while we await the next season?

• Love 2

Not to mention that it looked like he either tripped or drunkenly stumbled as they made their grand entrance at the reception.

BAH!!!  I noticed that, too, and, bitch that I am, I snickered for longer than I should have.

Peter was on a VR podcast (http://www.pumpedpodcast.com/blog/2015/2/2/pumped-episode-12-pancakes-pete-a-ritas-with-peter-madrigal) a few weeks ago and he came across as obliviously negative about everything (granted he's joking, but still the first 10 minutes he spends trashing a breakfast place in LA, and then waffles, and then breakfast as a whole, I highly recommend it.) In general he seemed like kind of a self-important dork. Like, he talks about how he purposely made his room look like a mess and left magnum condoms sitting out and is clearly very pleased about it. So, I'm surprised to hear he's that involved in production. He describes his professional experience in the same way as everyone else, like he's the very serious actor involved in amazing films like Critters versus Ninjas 14. I just made that up, but you get the idea.

How so, Peter?  By not changing your sexed-up sheets for 6 months?

Those are some mad planning skills, dude.

Ugh.  Clearly damage control is not Peter's strong suit.  

Virginia Slims 120s - Luxury Lights, they were once called (last looong time, sucky fucky).  NO MENTHOL, eh!  :-)

Bless you for asking, too, Persnickety1.  Wanna join my Monday night not-quite-suicide pact while we await the next season?

Absofuckinglutely.  

• Love 3

One of my favorite parts of the episode was watching FI Tom being so industrious and taking the cleaning out of that fountain so terribly seriously the next morning. Everyone else is laughing, gabbing, and eating things off the ground but watch old FI Tom. He is NOT having that shit.

• Love 10

Virginia Slims 120s - Luxury Lights, they were once called (last looong time, sucky fucky). NO MENTHOL, eh! :-)

Bless you for asking, too, Persnickety1. Wanna join my Monday night not-quite-suicide pact while we await the next season?

LOL, WQ. If you just want to have some Valium and/or Xanax with your libations and cigarettes for your not-quite-suicide evening, I'll be glad to take care of your critters until you come to, and your hangover wears off.

• Love 1
I thought that she'd say she's fallen on a wet floor so she wants everyone to be safe, but no. She said she's fallen on a wet floor and SHE doesn't want to fall again.

Yes! I was waiting for her to add not wanting others to fall, after she realized how it sounded. But nope. She's just one big, spray-tanned ball of narcissism. 

The 30 year old actor, Peter Madrigal wears many hats.

Whoa, Peter's last name is Madrigal? Are we in for a Breaking Bad crossover? That could be all kinds of delicious. I could see Loraleigh coming back and working for Heisenberg. HA!

Scheanna went from Eddie Cibrian to Shey (sp?).

It doesn't add up. (arguably) Eddie is good looking, buff, a reasonably successful Hollywood actor, and he took Scheanna on trips and bought her shiny things (if I recall correctly from RHBH during Brandi's early time on the show).

She was a player as much as Eddie was.  Now she's married to an average, out of shape, music producer wannabe.

A nice guy won't go long for someone who aspires to fame and fortune.

I actually think Shay is cute! I would prefer a guy with a bit of weight on him to the manorexic likes of Schwartz (although, he is a handsome fella as well. Just not my type.). I would definitely prefer a nicer, but not as attractive guy, to a super hot douche bag. Leann can have Eddie. I'd take Shay a million times over. Scheana is annoying as hell, but maybe she realized nice guys treat you better in the long run? Or maybe she wanted a REALLY nice guy? Someone she could lead around my a leash and call the shots with? Who knows? 

• Love 4

LOL, WQ. If you just want to have some Valium and/or Xanax with your libations and cigarettes for your not-quite-suicide evening, I'll be glad to take care of your critters until you come to, and your hangover wears off.

If I suffered from hangovers or pass-outs, I would've quit drinking & drugging decades ago.   My high tolerance is a curse, because I remember every moment of this chucklefuckery no matter WHAT I ingest.  :-)

For the record, I never tried Xanax - I hope it isn't the wonderdrug I've avoided because of Brandi & Kim Richards.  ;-)

• Love 3

Anyone else gag, when FI Tom was yapping that bullshit to Ariana?

I was scared it was leading to FI Tom proposing to her.

OK, am I alone here or is James lookin' more attractive?  I know he's got those goofy Dumbo ears, but the guy is looking really cute, in spite of his drinking too much & acting like a fool.

It wasn't just you, but I was getting mighty drowsy from that evening's session with my personal trainer. ha ha

Peter, didn't you learn your lesson the first time Vail led you on?

Oh, how I laughed and laughed at Jax acting like one of the leads in The Wedding Crashers!

I was trying to see how the food looked, but couldn't tell at all.  Guess food was very much secondary with this crowd, eh?

Tertiary, if that much. It appeared to be catered by Moe's, but there was no signage b/c they didn't want to sully their good name.

Again, so much to snark on in this episode so I'm surprised the only thing to really bother me was my confusion over Scheana's fiancé'/husband's name: is his first or last name Shay? Because the glasses were monogrammed "Sheana & Shay" but multiple times the DJ announced Mr. And Mrs. Shaaayyyyy!!! So either Scheana had her first name with his last name engraved on the glasses (odd) or the DJ just announced Mr and Mrs (his first name) which is even odder. I guess I'm just so over everything else that this is all that bugged me.

It's been established that his first name is Mike but they all call him by his last name, I suspect, if experience serves, b/c there are a LOT of men named Mike. That said, yeah, those glasses and invites shouldn't have been labeled "Scheana and Shay".

• Love 3

I rewatched this episode because I thought I saw "we had sex" but I am happy to report, I did not. Also I wanted to see Jax again get shot down by Carmen. LOL. His face, too funny. I also wanted to correct something, James did not grab Kristen. He had an open hand which he placed on her upper arm to stop her from turning away and she let him have it. Well let me put it this way, they didn't show him grab her like she said. Also the punch looked like 2 slaps but what do I know.

Edited by lasandi
  • Love 1

<snip>

Not enough cigs & booze in the world to get over the FI Tomgaggery.<snip>

New favorite word. Speaking of Tomgaggery...or maybe this was Tomfuckery, Tom was dancing y'all... dancing with himself. Even if he was trying to look stupid, I felt embarrassed by those shots.

• Love 3
Vail, still playing the players at SUR.  Can't snark on her game so I'll just say you go, girl.  Makes bigger fools out of them than they already are.

Ugh, yikes--I see it so the other way, man. To me, it makes her look so, so desperate for scraps of attention, even beyond that of the others on the show. Carmen, though--I can get behind her style.

I noticed that, too.

Not "the man that I love" or anything personal, just that she had a husband and none of her friends did.

Which obviously makes her a superior being.  At least in her mind.

Oh, I know! Now, I do get that the novelty of saying "husband" is probably part of it, but the whole implication -- like it's a race that only desirable chicks can win -- is gross. And is it even that odd for people only right around 30 years old to be unmarried? 

Scheena is right, her and Shay jumping around waving their hands in the air wouldn't have made sense at any other point in that song and the wedding would have been ruined.  I loved all the guests' faces when she started twerking during the first dance.  I'm surprised the first dance song wasn't one of hers.

I was so confused by this so-called choreography. First, they were halfway behind a decorated railing that obscured their bottom halves anyway. And, second, it looks to me like Scheana just did some spontaneous "whoo-hoo, I'm excited to be married!" move that anyone in the throes of happiness might do, and not some practiced routine.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 3

Was it just ME or did Scheana say something like ,"i"VE GOT A HUSBAND and none of my other friends do!"  Uh, Pandora has a husband... Just sayn.

stASSi and that dork Christina really DID look like LOSERS while looking at pictures of the wedding... First smart thing I've ever heard either one of them say.

Katy and her ring on a string.... I mean, the girl should have been happy Schwartz didn't give her a toosie roll pop.  Talk about no gratitude...

Edited by goofygirl
  • Love 4
With all the money spent on the wedding, Scheana really should have invested in a clean up crew. Pretty tacky to have to pick up your own wedding. Also I thought the buffet was tacky and out of place. I expected the usual beef/chicken/fish served by waiters on plates.

My tacky mom had people help with cleaning after her wedding (somewhat weird, I'll admit, but ultimately no big deal for the people who attended not to be wined and dined but to be part of the event). It was also a tacky buffet comprising far better food than catering hall super-dry chicken or ambiguous whitefish (and actually allowed the vegetarians to eat something that wasn't a wilted salad). What's tacky about serving food that you and your guests might actually like to eat? Good thing our family and friends are pretty low-maintenance. Unfortunately, some of us tacky folk might not be able to have a reception at all if every nonessential expense is a mandatory rule to a "proper" wedding. Oh, my mom's was also in some local hall--and my uncle's in a Knights of Columbus, attached by a beaded-curtained doorway into a blue-collar watering hole (in which the old dudes were watching Will & Grace on TV, of all things) near Newark Airport. Not only was no one scandalized or injured by errant tackiness, but it was actually pretty fun and no one went into debt.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 5

The location, flowers, table settings, and overall ambiance was gorgeous. But she still had a home-made dress, discount candy, free booze, and an enchillada buffet. How did that cost $90,000?!

Ok, I thought it was over the top how she made the singer do the song twice for the walk down the aisle so she could arrive at a specific moment in the song--which once it was "timed perfectly," I still missed what the exact meaningful moment was. But THEN to have the DJ replay the announcement song twice because they had some VERY SPECIAL choreographed moves at 24 seconds in, I was on the edge of my seat because I couldn't wait to see her second big moment that she had planned forever. But her "choreography" was not quite raising the roof, not quite first-pumping, but just standing there lamely holding her bouquet in the air and bouncing up and down. THANK GOD she replayed the song for that!! By the time they got to the first dance, eh, thank goodness she left twerking room in that skirt! Ah, Scheana, you should have gotten some dance moves from Sandoval--straight outta Breakin' 2 Electric Bugaloo!

Was Kristen "leaving with" that guy, like I'm going to ditch my boyfriend and go hook up with my trainer?! Of course James is going to try to stop her! That's pretty fucked up! But I was multi-tasking up until that point, so maybe I missed what was really going on. I do know she seemed angry that he was drunk. It was actually kind of sweet how James went to Sandoval to be consoled, and Tom invited him back to the bungalo. It would be something if James and Tom truly do become friends again and bond over their mutual avoidance and annoyance of Krazy Kristen.

Ring on a string?! Why, Schwartz, why? First of all, you shouldn't be giving anyone any type of jewelry at someone else's wedding. But I didn't even understand why he bought a ring to specifically go on a chain. In high school you wear your boyfriend's class ring on a chain because it's too big to fit on your finger. I've never even heard of someone buying a ring FOR a chain, but he couldn't put it DIRECTLY ON HER FINGER because he didn't want it to even be misconstued as a promise ring! Let's keep it AWAY from the hand!

• Love 1

My tacky mom had people help with cleaning after her wedding (somewhat weird, I'll admit, but ultimately no big deal for the people who attended not to be wined and dined but to be part of the event). It was also a tacky buffet comprising far better food than catering hall super-dry chicken or ambiguous whitefish (and actually allowed the vegetarians to eat something that wasn't a wilted salad). What's tacky about serving food that you and your guests might actually like to eat? Good thing our family and friends are pretty low-maintenance. Unfortunately, some of us tacky folk might not be able to have a reception at all if every nonessential expense is a mandatory rule to a "proper" wedding. Oh, my mom's was also in some local hall--and my uncle's in a Knights of Columbus, attached by a beaded-curtained doorway into a blue-collar watering hole (in which the old dudes were watching Will & Grace on TV, of all things) near Newark Airport. Not only was no one scandalized or injured by errant tackiness, but it was actually pretty fun and no one went into debt.

I agree I'd rather have her Mexican buffet than dry ass chicken and bland fish any day!

But Scheanna asking her friends to help clean up? Yeah, no, I cannot get behind that. No way could I imagine asking my guests to help clean up after even a dinner party at my house, let alone my wedding.

• Love 3

Well, it was that or the open bar...and no way anyone in my family is going without an open bar! And maybe I hang out with a bunch of neat freaks, but I've never seen people not help with cleanup at a dinner party at any one of our homes.

As far as wedding food goes, I'd be good with the cocktail-hour stuff all night long. In fact, serve us while we're on the dance floor, I don't even care! Just no bland fish, for the love of god.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 2

I rewatched this episode because I thought I saw "we had sex" but I am happy to report, I did not. Also I wanted to see Jax again get shot down by Carmen. LOL. His face, too funny. I also wanted to correct something, James did not grab Kristen. He had an open hand which he placed on her upper arm to stop her from turning away and she let him have it. Well let me put it this way, they didn't show him grab her like she said. Also the punch looked like 2 slaps but what do I know.

They were open handed, but man did she have good form and some real force behind them.  It looked like there was some straight forward motion like a punch, not just a sideswipe like a slap.  

The location, flowers, table settings, and overall ambiance was gorgeous. But she still had a home-made dress, discount candy, free booze, and an enchillada buffet. How did that cost $90,000?!

Was Kristen "leaving with" that guy, like I'm going to ditch my boyfriend and go hook up with my trainer?! Of course James is going to try to stop her! That's pretty fucked up! 

Locations in LA are expensive.  I wouldn't be surprised if that place was more than $20k.  She said flowers were $30k.  Fabric for her dress was probably still a lot (but less than buying a dress for sure).  I don't know where the rest of the dough went, but it adds up fast.  I'm sure she spent a ton on photos and video, that seems like it would be important to her.  

I heard/read somewhere (maybe here?) that Trevor, the trainer, is gay.  He probably was just giving her a ride home.

• Love 1

I guess Schwartz didn't think too hard about the unintentional symbolism of a "gold ring on a string" -- i.e. a carrot (Karat) on a stick to lead Katie on, with the promise of marriage if she just waits longer/tries harder/etc.  Yeah, I'd not be thrilled with that either. 

• Love 4

So glad I found this forumn - this show has become my dirty little secret. I haven't seen all seasons so my take on some of these "chucklefucks" may be a little skewed. But here goes:

The Slap - I truly expected worse behavior from James to elicit the beatdown the previews were showing. Also hate that cigarette sally was trying to paint herself as a saint trying to calm down the drunk. I know from calming down the drunk and although she claims she kept trying to get him to drink water, etc - all I saw was the body language and actions of someone trying very hard to let the whole world (including James)  know she was not happy with her puppet/muppet. If she geniuinely cared about not making herself center of attention at someone elses' wedding she would have made happy couple with James until they got home and then played wack-a-mole with him in private.

The Ring on a String - Lisa said everything right about this. I really hope Katie doesn't actually get what she THINKS she wants from Tom. Because I do think that lazy shit will string her along endlessly and maybe even marry her but he will never actively love her and he will always cheat on her and after probably five more years of this when Katie's a little bit older she'll realize how miserable she is and what a mistake it is to "get" someone to marry you instead of being with someone who WANTS to marry you.

The Stassi - Or should I say Stasi? She really does love to use her informers to find out everything she can about these people's lives - doesn't she. Does she have a PR person? Could someone explain to her how horrible she is and how terrible she comes off on this show? Time to move on....

• Love 2
I guess Schwartz didn't think too hard about the unintentional symbolism of a "gold ring on a string" -- i.e. a carrot (Karat) on a stick to lead Katie on, with the promise of marriage if she just waits longer/tries harder/etc.  Yeah, I'd not be thrilled with that either.

Completely appropriate and even generous gesture only if the presenter isn't fully aware of what the recipient is asking for/working toward. In this case, it came off as a stalling tactic and not a gift. If you truly appreciate her, just get her something else to show it--a weekend away, a handbag, a tattoo. But If you're not gonna give her the ring, how about not giving her any ring? 

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 2
Completely appropriate and even generous gesture only if the presenter isn't fully aware of what the recipient is asking for/working toward. In this case, it came off as a stalling tactic and not a gift. If you truly appreciate her, just get her something else to show it--a weekend away, a handbag, a tattoo. But If you're not gonna giver her the ring, how about not giving her any ring?

Especially at a wedding! I really think Schwartz is THAT slow, he did not understand the significance of it at all. 

• Love 4

I need some memory assistance from the more astute observers among this illustrious board:

Do I or do I not remember some discussion that Scheana was going to present her new song, with James' background, at the wedding?

I could have sworn that was the case, but the only thing I saw was the twerking and bad dancing - no caterwauling.

Hasn't Scheana either implied or outright says she's paying for stuff?  I know she keeps mentioning costs.  She said to Lisa she wanted to have the rehearsal dinner at SUR to get the discount.  She mentioned the 3 thou for the crappy wedding planner & I think she said 20 thou for flowers.  And she said it was great timing she got an insurance settlement cuz her original budget was 30 thou, but it tripled.

I love Lisa's comment that Scheana paid for the wedding on a waitress's salary.  Uhhh... No.  She paid for it with the help of her paycheck from Bravo.  Who are we kidding here?  A waitress would not be able to afford that.  Lisa is way out of touch.

• Love 1

I am in need of a vacay and I'm sure glad to know that all I need to do is look into the Nugget's eyes and viola!  All my problems will be cured.  Thanks, FI, for that Tomfuckery.  Maybe we should send the Nugget overseas to straighten shit out. 

Please no more fake affection between these two. My brain hurts.

I feel for Katie but I'm glad that Schwartz didn't propose.  Just me but I think it's tacky to piggyback on someone else's wedding like that.  Let Scheana and Shay have their night and let Katie have hers, if he's going to propose.  It doesn't look good though and I have to agree with everyone else here that Tequila Katie is better off motoboating somewhere else. 

Scheana was overdramatic on a lot of things but I have to side with her screechy self over the dollar dance, tossing the bouquet and cutting the (non) cake.  Those are big deals for most people and the $3 wedding coordinator should have been on top of that.  Actually, she should have been on top of all of it if she was the wedding planner.  This wedding didn't do much for her career, I would say.  She also should have talked Scheana into hiring a little crew to come out and clean up the next morning.  No way should the wedding party have been doing that.  Although it did make for a funny scene seeing the ever klassy Jax eating a breakfast claw off the ground.

Glad he got the smackdown from Carmen.  Maybe she's not as stupid as I thought.  I do have to note that I saw on a Twitter page that her last name is apparently Dickman.  I don't even know where to begin with that one.

Muppet Baby was being a drunken douche but the guy's 22.  Cigarette Sally should know that's what you get when you hook up with a baby.  I don't think she needed to try and knock his teeth out though.

StASSi and Kristina are losers, period. 

I love these chucklefucks.  

• Love 7

Ugh, yikes--I see it so the other way, man. To me, it makes her look so, so desperate for scraps of attention, even beyond that of the others on the show. Carmen, though--I can get behind her style.

Oh, I know! Now, I do get that the novelty of saying "husband" is probably part of it, but the whole implication -- like it's a race that only desirable chicks can win -- is gross. And is it even that odd for people only right around 30 years old to be unmarried? 

I was so confused by this so-called choreography. First, they were halfway behind a decorated railing that obscured their bottom halves anyway. And, second, it looks to me like Scheana just did some spontaneous "whoo-hoo, I'm excited to be married!" move that anyone in the throes of happiness might do, and not some practiced routine.

I cringe at a fist pumping, half dance/half walk, newly wedded couple intro at a wedding reception.  I HATE a choreographed half dance/half walk, newly wedded couple intro at a wedding reception with a white-hot heat.

I agree I'd rather have her Mexican buffet than dry ass chicken and bland fish any day!

But Scheanna asking her friends to help clean up? Yeah, no, I cannot get behind that. No way could I imagine asking my guests to help clean up after even a dinner party at my house, let alone my wedding.

RIGHT???  Who wants to wake up hungover on the morning after a wedding and clean up after a drunk party???

• Love 5

In comparison to how beautiful the rest of it was, yes in MY opinion, it was tacky and out of place. And I never said there was something wrong with Mexican food, in fact it looked/sounded good, but having it served buffet style seemed like a weird idea for a wedding. It really should have been served to the guests at their tables.

I don't like Vail's constant flirting with Peter at all. She knows he's dumb enough to keep falling for it, so she keeps doing it for some type of amusement or something. That is what you call a TEASE. I cannot stand anyone who purposely leads someone on just for the fun of it and tries to make a fool out of the other person. 

I really wish/hope they would release all 3 seasons on DVD. I'm surprised even the first season or 2 isn't already available. They really need to release them all and with behind the scenes/unseen footage/interviews, etc. 

Edited by BogoGog24
  • Love 2

In comparison, I agree that it was out of the ordinary. Sometimes it's a necessity, is what I am saying, and there are people who won't think twice about helping out regardless of how it may appear. I hope to never have to deal with it myself, but if any friend of mine asked me to help out in that way, "tacky" would be the last thing I'd call him or her (which is not to say I'd be happy to do it, mind you; willing, yes, but "happy" is a bit optimistic).

Edited by TattleTeeny

They were open handed, but man did she have good form and some real force behind them. It looked like there was some straight forward motion like a punch, not just a sideswipe like a slap.

Locations in LA are expensive. I wouldn't be surprised if that place was more than $20k. She said flowers were $30k. Fabric for her dress was probably still a lot (but less than buying a dress for sure). I don't know where the rest of the dough went, but it adds up fast. I'm sure she spent a ton on photos and video, that seems like it would be important to her.

I heard/read somewhere (maybe here?) that Trevor, the trainer, is gay. He probably was just giving her a ride home.

Presumably, the singer and DJ were paid.

I love Lisa's comment that Scheana paid for the wedding on a waitress's salary.  Uhhh... No.  She paid for it with the help of her paycheck from Bravo.  Who are we kidding here?  A waitress would not be able to afford that.  Lisa is way out of touch.

And with Bravo paying I would have aspired higher and gone for a real fancy sit down dinner. Who has a buffet line at a wedding? Even when we had my kid's communion at a hall we had a sit down dinner. Even family style would have upped the fancy factor. 

• Love 2

I need some memory assistance from the more astute observers among this illustrious board:

Do I or do I not remember some discussion that Scheana was going to present her new song, with James' background, at the wedding?

I could have sworn that was the case, but the only thing I saw was the twerking and bad dancing - no caterwauling.

Yeah, and I'm 50 shades of pissed off about that shit, too.

I wanted to see silver sequined high-waisted hot pants, silver sequined wedge tennis shoes, and Scheana jumping up on a table top to sing that shit.

I feel so cheated.  

Agreed.  I commented earlier in the thread about Lisa continuing to say Scheana pulled off this "princess wedding on a waitress salary," oh my, she deserves it all, darhling!!!!

When here we have Scheana herself stating several times that she paid for it with her lawsuit settlement.

Lisa needs to pull her head out of her pink-clad ass and pay more attention to the stories being created on her own show.  

• Love 2

Presumably, the singer and DJ were paid.

Tina's her friend, I assumed she sang for free.   Given that Shay's a "music producer" and the DJ seemed to be possibly not a wedding DJ, I thought he might be an acquaintance doing a favor too, but if he was paid, I'd assume he was more expensive than dress fabric and less expensive than her Instagram wedding planner.  Unless, of course, Bravo was paying, then they probably made sure there was a budget line item for their friends.  It all adds up really quickly though.  Oh, don't forget the 40 person rehearsal dinner, even with employee discount, that probably wasn't cheap given how this crew drinks.  

Edited by yourmomiseasy

In comparison to how beautiful the rest of it was, yes in MY opinion, it was tacky and out of place. And I never said there was something wrong with Mexican food, in fact it looked/sounded good, but having it served buffet style seemed like a weird idea for a wedding. It really should have been served to the guests at their tables.

I don't like Vail's constant flirting with Peter at all. She knows he's dumb enough to keep falling for it, so she keeps doing it for some type of amusement or something. That is what you call a TEASE. I cannot stand anyone who purposely leads someone on just for the fun of it and tries to make a fool out of the other person. 

I really wish/hope they would release all 3 seasons on DVD. I'm surprised even the first season or 2 isn't already available. They really need to release them all and with behind the scenes/unseen footage/interviews, etc. 

Eh, reverse the genders and it's really not much different than Jax trying to flirt his way back into Carmen's pants when he doesn't have 2 fucks to give about her.  Difference is apparently (hopefully) Carmen's too smart to fall for his fuckery again.

I'm pretty good with anything these chucklefucks do to each other to accentuate their idiocy.  

No DVD and it isn't even on Hulu (which has a ton of Bravo shows, including every franchise and every episode of the Housewives).

I have every season hoarded on my DVR and I keep crossing my fingers my DVR doesn't die before somebody releases this shit to Hulu or DVD.

I'd practically cut a bitch to see any and all lost footage/outtakes/unseen footage of this shit-covered little gem.  

Edited by Persnickety1

They were open handed, but man did she have good form and some real force behind them.  It looked like there was some straight forward motion like a punch, not just a sideswipe like a slap.  

Well, they appear to be a cross between a punch and a slap.

I watched the replay of the season premiere when she was walloping on Schwartz or whichever chucklefuck it was she thought was hitting James.

She closes her fingers straight over her palm, similar to a fist but not quite, but then follows through with a slap-like motion.

I figured it was some crazy move she learned to protect one's knuckles from a straight-out punch but still deliver a wallop stronger than a slap.

Look at the end of the scene when she clobbers James the second time.  IIRC, her fingers are in this "fist" position when she first pulls back.

Leave it to these asshats to teach me a new fighting skill.  

• Love 4

And with Bravo paying I would have aspired higher and gone for a real fancy sit down dinner. Who has a buffet line at a wedding? Even when we had my kid's communion at a hall we had a sit down dinner. Even family style would have upped the fancy factor.

I work for a catering company during wedding season that's very popular in my area. The company does everything: sets up and decorates the room, serves food, helps coordinate flowers, the DJ, lights, and other vendors, even orgnanizes the ceremony. You'd be surprised how common buffets are at our weddings. I probably worked 15 weddings this summer. I bet about 4-5 were sit down dinners; most were buffets. And the buffet weddings aren't cheap weddings either. Cocktail hour, dessert table, plus wedding cake, open bar.

So I wasn't surprised that Scheana had a buffet. It's pretty typical at the weddings I work. Plus, I'm not sure food was a big priority to her anyway. She talked more about candy, flowers, and booze than she did about the menu.

Scheana was overdramatic on a lot of things but I have to side with her screechy self over the dollar dance, tossing the bouquet and cutting the (non) cake.  Those are big deals for most people and the $3 wedding coordinator should have been on top of that.  Actually, she should have been on top of all of it if she was the wedding planner.  This wedding didn't do much for her career, I would say.  She also should have talked Scheana into hiring a little crew to come out and clean up the next morning.  No way should the wedding party have been doing that.  Although it did make for a funny scene seeing the ever klassy Jax eating a breakfast claw off the ground.

OMG......I forgot all about the DOLLAR DANCE!!!!  I have never been to a wedding with one, but I think I've seen them on TV - isn't that when the bride and groom dance, and everyone throws dollar bills at them (or pins them to her dress, or something)??? 

Maybe Schaena was hoping to make enough money from that to pay for a clean-up crew??? 

• Love 3

OMG......I forgot all about the DOLLAR DANCE!!!!  I have never been to a wedding with one, but I think I've seen them on TV - isn't that when the bride and groom dance, and everyone throws dollar bills at them (or pins them to her dress, or something)??? 

Maybe Schaena was hoping to make enough money from that to pay for a clean-up crew??? 

Well, I'll say one thing.

Damn that wedding planner and her lackadaisical planning skills.

If that overpaid twit had been on the ball, she'd have made damned sure that throwing that bouquet happened BEFORE Cigarette Sally left.

I desperately wanted to see her making a quarterback run to catch that damned thing.  

• Love 6

No Persnickety. Southern Charm is airing soon. Its not VR levels of fuckery but it's up there.

I LOVE Southern Charm!!!  For some reason, those people are more endearing to me than these idiots....(must be the accent, LOL!!!)

Also just read that the Real Housewives of Melbourne are also going to be on again - and this season, the show will be aired at night, instead of on a weekend morning!! 

Well, I'll say one thing.

Damn that wedding planner and her lackadaisical planning skills.

If that overpaid twit had been on the ball, she'd have made damned sure that throwing that bouquet happened BEFORE Cigarette Sally left.

I desperately wanted to see her making a quarterback run to catch that damned thing.  

Oh - that would have been hysterical!!

I was wondering why the bouquet was caught by some random "friend", and Katie wasn't making a beeline to be the one to catch it! 

I bet if Stassi was there, she would have been front and center for the bouquet catch!!! 

• Love 5

I think that FI and Ariana do those kissy eye gazing lovey dovey scenes just to get under Kray Kristins skin. They know she is going to be watching it and rewinding it over and over again , going more and more insane each and every time!  I love them for doing it. 

• Love 3

I think that FI and Ariana do those kissy eye gazing lovey dovey scenes just to get under Kray Kristins skin. They know she is going to be watching it and rewinding it over and over again , going more and more insane each and every time!  I love them for doing it. 

Did you catch WWHL a couple of weeks ago when Kristen was on it?

Whenever she answered a question incorrectly, she had to sit through a clip of Tom and Ariana doing that lovey dovey shit.

It was hilarious.  

• Love 5

I know people's priorities are different, and she probably got a lot of gifts. But, I wish Scheana had kept her original budget and saved the rest of the money she was awarded if it was that and not Bravo which paid for the wedding.

Maybe I'm just down on it because if I ever get married again, I don't want a big wedding. I'm glad Scheana had some fun, but she sure acted angry or frustrated a few times. I wouldn't look back at this Bravo episode and be all that nostalgic about my wedding. Hopefully, she has nice pictures.

I think buffets would work better inside. I would also stay away from too many beans or drippy sauces. I wouldn't want to clean the day after, but I mostly would want to be away on my honeymoon with just my honey, not hungover in a fountain, especially with lots of friends. But, again, what do I know? I have about three friends like to be alone or one-on-one in a relaxing environment.

Edited by Betweenyouandme

I LOVE Southern Charm!!!  For some reason, those people are more endearing to me than these idiots....(must be the accent, LOL!!!)

Also just read that the Real Housewives of Melbourne are also going to be on again - and this season, the show will be aired at night, instead of on a weekend morning!! 

Oh - that would have been hysterical!!

I was wondering why the bouquet was caught by some random "friend", and Katie wasn't making a beeline to be the one to catch it! 

I bet if Stassi was there, she would have been front and center for the bouquet catch!!!

I disagree. If Stassi had been there she would have acted as though she were too cool to catch the bouquet and she would have rolled her eyes or laughed at whoever did catch it. But then she'd secretly be all jealous that she didn't catch it.

• Love 4

Did you catch WWHL a couple of weeks ago when Kristen was on it?

Whenever she answered a question incorrectly, she had to sit through a clip of Tom and Ariana doing that lovey dovey shit.

It was hilarious.  

I did watch it and it was hilarious! Tom is totally over Kristin, I really do believe that. 

• Love 1
And I never said there was something wrong with Mexican food, in fact it looked/sounded good, but having it served buffet style seemed like a weird idea for a wedding. It really should have been served to the guests at their tables.

Oh, maybe I misinterpreted that part--I'm sorry if I did! I have never seen a buffet-style dinner at a wedding (and they're by no means uncommon) where the food was brought to the tables by servers though; how would they know what you wanted? And this reminds me of something only semi-related: what I really hate at receptions is when there are no tables for the cocktail hour part! Man, I am trying to hold a drink and probably a purse, and balance a little plate of food too! That's a mess waiting to happen!

Edited by TattleTeeny

I meant she could have had a menu of Mexican food with a few different choices, rather than the standard beef/chicken/fish, it could have been enchilada/rice and beans/some type of fish, and the guests would choose beforehand on their RSVP. And it would be served to them. I haven't ever heard of buffets at weddings, so maybe it's just strange to me. Also Mexican in general seems odd. Unless you know all your guests will like Mexican, it seems like a risky food choice for a public event that big. But like others mentioned, it doesn't seem food was a priority. Of course all they mostly cared about was having great booze!

Mexican doesn't seem odd to me as a menu choice in the LA area. It's very ubiquitous around here from my experience. And the buffet doesn't seem strange to me either. (Ahem, I'm going to have a buffet style dinner at my wedding and um, it's still rather pricey). It DOES seem strange to me to have all your friends help you clean up after about 300 people. Like ... just the overall scale of her wedding, it feels like you need to hire a clean-up crew.

• Love 2

Not the clusterfuck I needed, but the clusterfuck I deserved. Or vice versa. ;)

Kristen hitting James probably ensured her spot for next season, despite her assholishness towards Lisa. In fact, I won't be surprised if part of Kristen's storyline next season is making amends with Lisa. Though Kristen's idea of making amends probably consists of only spitting in Lisa's face and not knocking her out cold. While blaming Lisa for everything wrong in her own life.

I loved FI Tom and Ariana's BS "how deep is our love" moments, but mostly because I'm convinced 90% of it is just to fuck with Kristen.

And didn't mind Scheana's bridezilla moments because I've seen much worse. Also, from descriptions here, I thought she was going to be worse than what I saw.

Schwartz is a fucknut. He knows that was a shitty ploy, then is surprised Katie isn't overjoyed.

• Love 2