Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E14: Kali Yuga

WW this felt like old school sh! Not just because less karting but because it as action packed, look down and you miss something..., remember back in the day when 10 things would happen before th credits?

This was more like that. Much peppier writing.

Did I hallucinate or did hair grow on Haley's chest as we watched?

I thought e work on our bond stuff sounded too much like marriage counseling.

Mary POPPINS! Hee.

I missed the bit about the reflection.l, cool. But yeah wasn't he divorced before?

Nothing! Irving has no reflection which means he's undead!

Wouldn't that be apparent every time he looks in a mirror -- or any time someone else, like his wife, looks at him in a mirror? 

• Love 2

Wouldn't that be apparent every time he looks in a mirror -- or any time someone else, like his wife, looks at him in a mirror?

Also, wouldn't he not show up on that video streaming feed that Abbie was watching when he first came back to the police station and got locked in that room? I'm confused by this turn of events for Frank. You can't have him have no reflection sometimes and have it show up other times. That makes no sense.

• Love 1

I thought karaoke would be unbearable cheese (as it often is in real life) but it was amusing. Do we know if this is it for Hawley? I liked him in small doses. He was a nice contrast to Ichabod's sometime stuffiness and do-goodiness. I hope the door is open for him to make occasinal reappearances.

This amount of Katrina I can deal with. If they kept her at this level, hopefully helpful but in the background, then I can tolerate her existence.

So.... Irving is a vampire now? Even if he shows up on video, don't all interrogation rooms have that giant two-way mirror? Wouldn't that have been noticed then? *

If I recall correctly, Irving and the ex were divorced, but still loved each other and it was Frank always choosing his job over his family that drove them apart. So now that he's no longer police captain (or anything, really), then they're together again?

Jamie Murray's charm is apparently all in her accent.

*I just went back and checked the DVR and YEP, in the scene where Abby goes to talk to Irving and first walks into the room, the camera clearly shows his reflection in the big ass mirror. So something either changed between the last ep and this one or someone dun goofed. He's even reflected by the shiny metal table.

Edited by The Cake is a Pie
  • Love 1

I was pleasantly surprised by this episode.  It wasn't fabulous, but it wasn't the trainwreck I was expecting, either.  They actually segued Hawley into the group dynamic very well, and it didn't feel like anyone got left out.  I wish they had done that from the start instead of having Hawley be Jenny's substitute.  That way, he wouldn't have made such a poor first impression on viewers, but what can you do.  While I'm not sad to see him go, I'm not adverse to him coming back.

However, I'm not liking how they're writing Jenny to be so love-sick over him.  It feels like they're dialing back some of her bad-assery to emphasize how she really feels about Hawley, but it doesn't have to be one way or the other.  She can still like him and be as acerbic as always.  That's why I'm ok with him taking off, because I need bad ass Jenny back.

The karaoke scenes killed me.  I can't believe they did Proud Mary, and they actually sounded good!  What I really loved was seeing Ichabod and Abbie support each other, even as they were just goofing off.  We need more of this.  Their reconciliation felt a little rushed, because the core problems are still there, but at least they're open to talking about them.

Glad that Katrina wasn't in it very much, and I definitely think she's holding back what really happened to Irving so no one will suspect Henry.  RME.

Irving and Cynthia getting back together isn't that shocking.  Last year, Cynthia said they got divorced was because Frank became a workaholic out of guilt for Macey's accident.  It's one thing when there's infidelity or animosity in the relationship, but it's clear that they still love each other.  

Also, wouldn't he not show up on that video streaming feed that Abbie was watching when he first came back to the police station and got locked in that room? I'm confused by this turn of events for Frank. You can't have him have no reflection sometimes and have it show up other times. That makes no sense.

Perhaps whatever Katrina gave him to drink screwed up his reflection in the window, causing him not to have one? Lol. Hey I know that's a reach when we're talking about the witch whose powers are just as fleeting as the wind.

Was Frank surprised by his no reflection? I can't recall if he was shocked by it or not. Does anyone remember? I do find it interesting that when Katrina asked him where Henry was, he didn't say something like 'how the hell should I know,' he just went into complete denial mode like he didn't even know who she was referring to stating 'I don't know what you're talking about.' I think he might know more than he's telling.

Also interesting is that Katrina's ritual was supposed to dig into the very depth of Frank's soul, yet there was no flashes of his wife and child, just flashes of his connection, albeit unwilling, to Henry. I think Henry or some kind of evil entity still has hold of Frank. Katrina of course stayed mum about the truth, because I believe she wants to somehow use Frank to find Henry.

• Love 4
While the Ichabbie chemistry was great tonight, the vault scene felt a little off to me. It feels like we have seen this conversation multiple times where they seem to make up and try to get on the same page, until Ichabod has to make a tough decision and chooses himself/his family over being a witness.  It would be really bad if some version of that happens again in the finale.

His hypocrisy was dreadful. They didn't address any of the actual issues that are affecting their partnership, but the worst part is that they are back on good terms and that only means there's another big betrayal coming on his part. It would be awesome if it was on hers for a change, but only one of the Witnesses can get away with being an asshole constantly.

It was good to see Abbie having fun, but I would also like her to go out with actual friends. I'm sure she can find the time to go out on dates, just like he has. So far, it looks like she has no life, unless she's in Crane's company and I find that disturbing, because he doesn't seem to have any problems having his own life separate from her.

• Love 4

Having a bond doesn't mean agreeing with everything or always doing what each other wants.  Think of people you have bonds with - brothers, sisters, parents, friends - do you always agree?  I doubt it.  However, you feel very connected.  *That's* what has been slipping with Ichabod and Abbie, and what they've been feeling change, I'd say.  That said, all the discussion about it, between Jenny and Abbie and Abbie and Ichabod just felt way too "meta" for me.  Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the ep and was glad at the much reduced Katrina time, but those discussions pulled me out of it.

I'm also wondering if whatever it is that Katrina gave Irving is what took away is reflection.  Maybe she actually sent his soul back to Henry.  He's had many opportunities to see himself in mirror and other reflective surfaces.  And that potion she gave didn't seem to go to the depths of his soul and be uncomfortable or painful.  It was drink, she saw a few visions and then 'ok, you're done".  

• Love 6

This was a decent ep. I wasn't going to watch but the reaction here made me think it might be safe. 

Tom and Nicole play so perfectly off each other, whether it's action, drama or comedy and not just in their words but in their facial expressions. You can tell both actors put a lot of thought into conveying what the characters are thinking but can't/won't say. As much as I don't want them as a couple, (I just imagine how overwrought and torturous that vault scene would've been if they were romantically connected) I wouldn't mind one of them having a fantasy sequence where we see an alternate universe with them as a couple.

Some very nice callbacks. Crane loving Mary Poppins (there is part of him that is very much like a child), Abby getting to be a cop again at the pawn shop, Badass Jenny, Crane mentioning that he doesn't like being trapped in small spaces and of course, Katrina being a shady, useless hag. One small correction though, when Abbie mentioned that in Star Wars "they had a robot" I bristled a bit. R2-D2 is an android. That's very different from a robot. ;-)

Still, I'm not going to get too excited. This show has taught me that I can't trust it.

• Love 1

This was a good monster-of-the-week episode.  Unlike others, I mostly enjoyed Hawley as an addition to the team, and I'll probably miss him a little (I wouldn't mind if his character popped back in now and again; I think that's the level he worked best at).

The final scene was very creepy.  I think Katrina is a lying liar who lies.

Well, I for one, will miss Hawley. He grew on me and I'm glad we saw his back story. He had a tragic life. I don't think he's done. Jenny has too much invested in him. He'll be back when the team needs him.

Irving missing his reflection was a great twist. So he's undead? The opposite of his dad?

The communication between Ichabod and Abbey was a start but they need a full blown argument and vent. JMHO

I liked Hawley from the jump-off, I love his chemistry with Jenny and everyone else and I'll miss the character. Hopefully they'll have him pop up now and again.  

Ichabod's moment of excitement with the "Lieutenant! You learned my shanty!" amused me like nothing else.

• Love 7

Well that was definitely better than last week.  Lots of Abbie and Ichabod together, lots of Jenny, an interesting villain, and Irving not in the pokey or the nuthouse.  Okay, more Hawley than I would like but at least he was used well, and there was significant interaction with the main cast.  And, of course, very little Katrina.  That's always a good thing.

And let's not forget: KARAOKE!!!!!!

(Plus, I was amused by the origin of the villain because I named one of my cats 'Kali' due to what I term her 'flying claws of death' reminding me of depictions of the Hindu goddess carrying multiple knives.)

Maybe it has something to do with whatever Katrina did?

• Love 1

Maybe it has something to do with whatever Katrina did?

I suspect that Frank's various reflections post burial and his non-reflection now are just bad writing and attention to detail.  If the writers are smart they will read the internet and go with the story that Katrina did it to explain it.  Otherwise it is just.another.fail.

I was certain that Hawley was a goner when Ich sang the song about the young sailor being cut down in his prime.  Clearly they did not go that route and that makes me okay with a return of the character (in small doses)  because I don't mind him and they have been less hamfisted with him as of late.

I missed the last 10ish minutes because of a phone call so will need to re-watch to find out how it ended (well, I know from reading the boards, but...).

• Love 1

I liked this episode. Couple of things stood out to me.  Frank's wife puts on fresh lipstick to go to bed. Arent' they divorced?  I think the current writers forget they are divorced. The next time we see their daughter she will be 16 and walking.  I don't think continuity is important to the writers of this show. Small doses of Katrina makes for a much better show.  

Edited by Sparger Springs
  • Love 2

I liked this episode. Couple of things stood out to me.  Frank's wife puts on fresh lipstick to go to bed. Arent' they divorced?  I think the current writers forget they are divorced. The next time we see their daughter she will be 16 and walking.  I don't think continuity is important to the writers of this show. Small doses of Katrina makes for a much better show.  

Thank you for mentioning Cynthia's lipstick. I couldn't take my eyes off that horrible shade of pink.

As for living together, I was wondering about that but I just assumed it had been addressed in last week's episode, which I didn't watch. It sounds like that's not the case.

Fabulous, fabulous episode! Seriously! I loved it. I rewinded the opening like three times to rewatch. Gnarls Barkley's Crazy - excellent choice. The four of them at the bar, drinking, relaxing, having fun. My god, the cheering and major whistling from Crane - loved seeing him with his "hair down", literally and figuratively.

THIS was one of the best episodes this season for me. Hands down. Even the story focus on Hawley was perfectly fine. I never had an issue with Hawley - liked his character so am sad to see him written out. And yes, he was written out - confirmed on twitter. Hope to see him back in season 3 ever once in a while. It's too bad, because he would've been fun to pop up every once in a while.

Jenny, Crane and Abbie are the trio I absolutely love. Loved Jenny asking both Crane and Abbie about their relationship. Loved the argument when Crane and Abbie were locked in the vault. Yes, Abbie needs to get more angry at Crane, but this is a step in the right direction. They really act like a married couple, don't they? And contrast this with how there is never a proper conversation between Crane and Katrina. There is nothing wrong with Ichabod and Abbie talking things out - that's how good relationships thrive. They work things out. Suppressing everything is a serious issue in marriage. See Katrina.

The story with Hawley feeling compelled to help Camilla was really good too - solid I thought. Well acted, well done. Jaime Murray was a good guest star. I contrast that with last weeks Michelle T. as Abigail Adams, who fell very flat.

Very little Katrina and when she was there, she didn't drag the story down or bring the pace to a screeching halt. But yet again, here we go with her. So selfish. It's all about her and her son. No care for Irving, no concern, nothing. Please show, just take what has already been established for 1.5 seasons and make her evil. Even when you write her neutral, she comes off terrible and shady. Just do it!!

Overall, loved it. The karaoke was fun, awesomely done!! I liked seeing them just relaxing at the bar, drinking, having fun. No one mentioned it, either here or on the show, but I thought it was very strange that the wife wasn't there. I mean, you want her to get used to modern times, and hitting a bar is one way to do that. I don't want her there, but if you step back and look at it - strange, isn't it? Instead, we have Crane and Abbie on a double date with Jenny and Hawley. Thank you show!!

Seriously. Loved this episode. This one is one that I will rewatch. It's been a long, long time since I felt that way, but this one was really good. If this is the direction the show has turned to, it's a very good one. Step in the right direction. This is what should have been seen throughout the entire season.

Well done, show!

• Love 9

Loved the whole thing with one exception, I really, really want Katrina to go. She totally ruins every scene she's in.

I'm actually late to the Katrina Sucks bandwagon. I thought she could've been a good and valuable character. But now whenever I see her I mentally turn into Michonne from The Walking Dead reaching for her sword.

Her whole interaction with the Irvings was creepy and shady. Not to mention that we're back to her whinging about her son. I would give anything for a new witch. I just keep wanting Willow Rosenberg to show up, toss Katrina through a window with a flick of her wrist and have her say, "Step aside and let a real redhead take care of business."

Edited by marceline
  • Love 5

Although there were some adorable moments and coolly creepy moments, I was pretty unhappy with this episode. A lot of it felt like the writers realized that the show used to actually pass the Bechdel test with flying colors -- i.e., it regularly had female characters sharing scenes in which they discussed things other than men -- and they decided they wanted to reverse that. So, this week we get some Abbie and Jenny scenes, but most of their conversation is about relationships with men: How are Abbie and Ichabod doing? Does Jenny like Hawley? Please stop. Other dialogue in the episode just felt clunky and self-aware, and not in a good way. Like the characters were mouthing words to address writer-selected themes, such as the distance in the Abbie/Ichabod relationship. 

That said, I was very much engaged in the Irving sub-plot (though also confused about whether or not he and Cynthia are together). And I absolutely loved it when, after identifying the Kali hand-shapes, Abbie says, "Thank-you, yoga class." And Ichabod mutters, "I'm not going back." Hee!

One small correction though, when Abbie mentioned that in Star Wars "they had a robot" I bristled a bit. R2-D2 is an android. That's very different from a robot. ;-)

Traditionally, androids have human-like forms (the word 'android' includes the root 'andr', which means 'man') and robots could go either way, be human-like or not -- two famous examples of human-like beings called 'robots' were in I, Robot, and in the original robot story, Rossum's Universal Robots. But it would be unusual to apply the term 'android' to a being like R2-D2, who does not have a human-like form. Of course, in Star Wars, all mechanical beings are called 'droids', which is presumably short for 'androids' -- though I don't think we ever hear the whole word 'andriod' in Star Wars. But that's just the terminology in the movie, not necessarily how, outside the movie, one would describe the characters. The point is, Abbie wasn't wrong: the terms robot/android are used inconsistently, and she picked the more typical application of 'robot'. And now I totally want a scene of Abbie and Ichabod watching Star Wars . . . ;-)

• Love 2

Fun episode, limited Katrina, but ... am I the only one who thinks Hawley deserved some expression of sympathy from someone about the loss of his final shred of family?   "Dude, I know she was important to you, sorry she went all evil and stuff and had to be put down like a dog?"

Did anyone else repeatedly try to tell Abbie and Crane that vitalae hunt in pairs?  Just me?  I find it interesting that there have been so many monsters on Sleepy Hollow that Supernatural has already featured.  windigos, vitalae, vampires, various ghosts and spooks, etc.  The end of the world.  I realize that ghosts and vampires are pretty common for genre shows but windigos and vitalae aren't so known.  

I did enjoy the episode a lot.  So much fun.

eta: because I thought I'd corrected my spelling before but apparently not.

Edited by Linderhill
  • Love 1

There is no "sharing" though. He has been letting her down and betraying her in steady manner since last season finale. Their bond is in jeopardy, because of him. He's the one, who keeps talking about their bond and trust, but ultimately keeps siding with others and working against her.

Abbie would be a fool if she didn't pull back, because he proved himself to be untrustworthy. But she kept the ring (and did nothing with it), so he gets to call her out? He is an entitled piece of shit.

I'm not talking about sharing blame for the fact that bond is in jeopardy. Of course she's entitled to pull back, I didn't say and didn't mean to imply that she isn't. But her pulling back - even justified as it is - is part of the reason Ichabod is actually (finally?) aware that there is tension. Like I said, I don't think he goes nearly far enough in acknowledging his own responsibility (or blame) for that tension. But it seemed to me that - for the first time I remember anyway - Ichabod was saying his own actions are part of the problem. Yes, it started with him bringing up the ring, but it ended with him taking a small step forward in taking responsibility for his role in the problem. That was growth to me, and I was happy to see it.

• Love 8

Well, crap.  I read a book instead of watching SH last night and fully expected to come here and read about how awful it was.  Now I'll have to cram it in with all the other Tuesday shows I watch so I'm not left out.  This is what I get for choosing a book over TV.

• Love 1

I too, was concerned about the karoake but thank goodness Ichabod sang a song from his time.

I'm actually glad they didn't kill off Hawley, because I didn't mind him, I just didn't want him and Abbie to have a sexual relationship because of Jenny, and Ichabod needs a guy friend to float in and out of his life. So I was also quite pleased to see Ichy and Hawley have a bit of grudging respect for each other and to look out for each other.

• Love 3

So, this week we get some Abbie and Jenny scenes, but most of their conversation is about relationships with men: How are Abbie and Ichabod doing? Does Jenny like Hawley? Please stop.

They're sisters, sometimes they're going to talk about their relationships with men. If they didn't, I would feel like the writers were going out of their way to follow some sort of test rather than write real, believable characters. If it became a weekly occurrence and that was all they ever talked about, then I think it would be a problem. But for now it's just this week's episode, and occurred in scenes in which felt natural to talk about Crane and Hawley. And I liked that they challenged one another: "What's up with you and Crane? Are you okay?" "Oh we're going there? Okay, then... tell me about you and Hawley first."

And I absolutely loved it when, after identifying the Kali hand-shapes, Abbie says, "Thank-you, yoga class." And Ichabod mutters, "I'm not going back." Hee!

Yet another moment in last night's episode that had me laughing so hard. I loved that recall of his struggle with yoga. Nice detail, and really funny.

• Love 4

Orlando Jones' tweets crack me up - I don't go for all that new fangeled stuff, but I go to read him.

#SleepyHollow you can kill just about anything with iron and fire. See exhibit 1a. We call it a gun #catchyAintIt

8:49pm - 26 Jan 15

#SleepyHollow I have never seen Hawley talk to a white woman this long b4 usually he is all up in the Mills sisters face #cheesin

He was hilarious through out the show!  I wish they would ask for his input in the writers room, the show would be so much better.

I liked this tweet about the courtroom scene:

#SleepyHollow WTF they bout to let a brother off. This really is just a TV show.

I love Orlando !

• Love 3

And that ratchet wig. Toni would NOT approve. 

LMAO! Toni Childs always had her weave together!

Another thing that bothered me about the scenes with the Irvings is that they seemed so dark and oddly colored. That courtroom scene was so dark and blue that I kept wondering if it was a dream or if the shading was supposed to serve the purpose of conveying something specific or was someone just unleashing their inner David Fincher.

He was hilarious through out the show!  I wish they would ask for his input in the writers room, the show would be so much better.

I liked this tweet about the courtroom scene:

#SleepyHollow WTF they bout to let a brother off. This really is just a TV show.

I love Orlando !

I have an actress friend who is debating whether she wants to get on Twitter. Orlando is one of the people I use as an example of how to build a following.

Edited by marceline
  • Love 1

Yeah, Cynthia's lipstick this ep was not great.  I remember when we first met her last season and she was rocking a fab hat and a gorgeous shade of cinnamon red.  With lucious lips like hers the right lipstick is a must.

During the Kali conversation with Ichabod describing the arm positions, all I could think was they finally got an opportunity for Mison's hands to actually act!  On purpose.

Edited by DearEvette
  • Love 2

I watched this episode based on hearing you guys talk about how good it was and quite frankly, all I saw was a mediorce episode that only serves to remind me how far this show has actually fallen.

You had Jenny acting like a school girl over an insignificant character who was macking on her sister two episode ago.

You had Abbie still propping Struggle Witch

You had Ichabod chastizing Abbie over not sharing things with him when he has done nothing but lie to and disregard her in the name of the selfish and self-serving agenda he and Struggle Witch share.

You had Katrina still being a lying, scheming, self-serving manipulator at Frank's expense.

You had the show trying to make us care about a character in the 11th hour when they made the character unlikable in the first place. For those who see Hawley's departure as a sign of change, I see a show writing out a character, played by an actor who signed on to do another show.

I don't blame you guys for liking this mess. After all, you have stuck with this show, while I walked away with whatever positive memories I had of the first Season. But as someone who has not been suffering through the crap that this show has become, I can unequivocally state that was not a good episode. Sleepy Hollow needs to do way more if it hopes to win back the viewers, bridges and good will that it spent an entire season burning.

Until I see consistent and continual change, I will view any of the positives from this episode, and there were few, as a blip in the disaster that has been Season Two of Sleepy Hollow. I sign off with these words, "Remember Mama? Everyone thought that episode marked a return to form; and what did you get for your faith in Goffman and Company?"

• Love 1

From the recap:

Black-market supernatural treasure-traders need to arrive in style -- and get away fast. Make Nick Hawley's wheels of choice your choice for nighttime meetings in junkyards where your foster mom guilt-trips you into breaking into the Knox estate! Six cylinders, heated seats, and a glovebox roomy enough for a cross and some brass knuckles: Mustang. Better red than undead.

But what kind of "horse" power is it? Crane insists there's a difference. (LOL.)

When did they say Carmilla took care of Hawley? When he was 12 years old?

Carmilla creeped me out, not only because her inner ugly monster creature that emerged periodically but also because she treated Hawley with a kind of incestuous affection that disturbed me to my bones. Ick.

• Love 8

I don't blame you guys for liking this mess. After all, you have stuck with this show, while I walked away with whatever positive memories I had of the first Season. But as someone who has not been suffering through the crap that this show has become, I can unequivocally state that was not a good episode. Sleepy Hollow needs to do way more if it hopes to win back the viewers, bridges and good will that it spent an entire season burning.

I didn't think it was good per se just better than most of this season. Which, granted, is kind of like being the least syphilitic prostitute in a brothel

Minor question but what color is that wretched corset Katrina is always traipsing around in? It looks filthy to me. Like they haven't cleaned it since they got it out of the hospital lost and found.

Edited by marceline
  • Love 1

Minor question but what color is that wretched corset Katrina is always traipsing around in? It looks filthy to me. Like they haven't cleaned it since they got it out of the hospital lost and found.

You should spend some time with ren faire performers... LOL.  Their corsets - and everything else - tend to get a little ripe (especially if they only have one costume and can't wash it Saturday night because the special can't-put-in-dryer fabrics won't be dry in time for Sunday morning's performances). I tried, but performing in a damp corset was too uncomfortable. Always had to wait until the performance weekend was over and then give everything a good thorough washing.

In regard to Katrina, though, I'd have to rewatch last night's episode, because I thought she was wearing a new outfit, at least in the earlier scenes before she did the magic circle with Irving.

To anyone who thinks Jenny's being written as too soft now or too moony over Hawley, a woman can have more than one facet. I submit to you the scene where she smashed the fence owner's face into a display case. And then ground his face into the broken glass a little when he still wouldn't give up enough info. Bad-ass no-bullshit Jenny, definitely. Ouch.

Question about something I probably missed: where did Hawley get the combination to that puzzle vault lock? I know he was pulling it off a laptop as he entered each part of the combination, but whose laptop was that? Knox? Did a guy all about secrecy and puzzles seriously keep his most prized vault combination on his laptop for all to steal?

• Love 4

Carmilla creeped me out, not only because her inner ugly monster creature that emerged periodically but also because she treated Hawley with a kind of incestuous affection that disturbed me to my bones. Ick.

I was also wondering how old Carnilla was, because she only looked a few years older than Hawley, a decade at the most.  I thought they were implying that he had hooked up with his nanny.  

For some reason, I get the feeling that Hawley comes from a wealthy family.

• Love 1

Carnilla and Hawley looked the same age; I saw more of an older sister/younger brother than a godmother/godson.

Until I see consistent and continual change, I will view any of the positives from this episode, and there were few, as a blip in the disaster that has been Season Two of Sleepy Hollow. I sign off with these words, "Remember Mama? Everyone thought that episode marked a return to form; and what did you get for your faith in Goffman and Company?"

I felt that way too.  I hadn't watched in awhile, but I watched some of the episode and really liked it. However, I can understand why and how some will not watch the show.  You watch one good episode and then the next one is the Ichabod and Katrina show, with Abbie as a supporting character.  

I'm curious why exactly they needed the statue

If Male Vitali turned Carmila into a Vitali as part of some death ritual why did she need this elaborate con or the statue ?:

I'm confused. Is there anything that fire and iron can't kill ?

It was a slightly better episode than usual though I was left wondering why they were so desperate to get out of the vault so quickly. There seemed to be no impetus? to get out that minute other than Crane's claustrophobia and disinterest in awkward conversations.

So when Crane picked up the sigil and remembered and thought about Orion why didn't Orion show up?

I must stop thinking about logic or picking holes in the writing.

• Love 1

They said from 12-18, which annoyed me once they said it because they kept saying she "raised him" and 12-18's kinda late for that turn of phrase, although I'll give it to them. There are plenty of better things to complain about.

I thought she looked about 10 years older than him. At least 6. Given she seemed to have been monsterfied for a while now, I just sort of assumed after she "turned" she stopped aging. So if it's been 10 years since Hawley left, and she claimed it happened when she went looking for him shortly after he left, then the apparent lack of visual age difference between them made a bunch of sense to me.

This episode did nothing to assuage my earlier gripe that "intentionally ambiguous" and "confusingly unclear" are different things, she said, staring daggers at Katrina in her last two minutes of the episode when I thought I was going to get away without having to see that character again last night.

I also didn't love the extent to which they hung a lantern on the Abbie/Ichabod lack of connection. I did love when she said she thought he was indicating she should go on and he thought she was going to wait until he'd extracted himself from the weaponry discussion. Because I didn't interpret that as passive aggressive. I thought she really meant it: their signals were crossed. So that two sentences was great, but the rest was too on the nose.

Edited by theatremouse
  • Love 1

I must stop thinking about logic or picking holes in the writing.

OK - my turn!

Rewatched because I missed the last 10 minutes or so and now I have these questions and/or thoughts:

• Abbie said she installed the archive alarm when Ich moved out - where did he move to?
  • What new evidence has exonerated Frank?  Inquiring minds and all.
  • When Ich & Katrina were trying to figure out what was stolen in the archive he found Orion's sigil and tucked it into the drawer when Abbie and Jenny came back.  If Katrina is going shady, I wonder if she'll have stolen it to prevent them from calling Orion at some point in the future?
  • Carmilla was Hawley's godmother and became his guardian when his parents died when he was 12.  Assuming the characters are the same age as the actors, that would mean she became his godmother when she was 8.  Who appoints a child as a godparent?  Dumb ass and lazy writing.
  • Carmilla and Hawley sure acted more like ex-lovers than "family".
  • Matt Barr's southern accent snuck in when he was locking Jenny in the Knox closet.
  • When Katrina is prepping Irving for the supernatural exam, she says words to the effect "This will dig into the fabric of your being which may be unpleasant".  Really, it may be unpleasant?
  • When she's done she says "there's no influence on your soul".  Maybe Irving no longer has a soul?
Edited by DeLurker
  • Love 3

Carmilla was Hawley's godmother and became his guardian when his parents died when he was 12.  Assuming the characters are the same age as the actors, that would mean she became his godmother when she was 8.  Who appoints a child as a godparent?  Dumb ass and lazy writing.

Presumably Carmilla inherited her position of godparent from her own parents or the position was held in trust until she came of age.

Edited by johntfs