Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E14: Kali Yuga

Nick Hawley is surprised by the sudden return of the beautiful and mysterious Carmilla Pines, a woman from his distant past to whom he owes a debt... and she is ready to collect. Hawley breaks into Crane and Mills’ Archive to procure a book needed to complete her task, and, following some research, Ichabod, Abbie and Jenny learn that Carmilla – in addition to being a treasure hunter and a killer – has also been transformed into a “Vetala”... a demon servant of “Kali”, the Hindu goddess of death and regeneration. Even as our heroes work to figure out a way to rescue Nick and defeat Carmilla – who was Hawley’s Godmother and legal guardian following his parents’ death – Nick agrees to help in her task of breaking into the original Fort Knox, which is rumored to house a treasure trove of occult items, in the hopes of stealing an artifact capable of restoring her humanity. Meanwhile, at the Sleepy Hollow courthouse, Frank Irving is surprised and delighted to discover the murder charges against him have been dropped and he is free to go. But when the former police Captain returns home, he finds it difficult to readjust to any sort of normalcy, and he and his wife, Cynthia, seek out help to divine who the true owner of his soul is.

Hawley's gone? I rejoice.  Crane singing "Proud Mary?" I cackle. 

Who was in the window ath the very end though?

The reflection of Frank hugging his wife - and Frank's reflection was NOT THERE. That music swelling scared the hell out of me. This episode had some really scary parts.

• Love 11

That was surprisingly good.

Thanks for taking one for the team. Can we get a Katrina quotient? Did Abbie get to be a lead character? I haven't watched the show since a few episodes before Deliverance, any info appreciated. :)

• Love 2

Can we get a Katrina quotient?

Maybe 3 scenes tops?  Not much.  

Thank you phoenics (you think with new glasses I would see better so I'm going to blame my TV.) 

Edited by mtlchick
  • Love 1

This episode felt really good. Great action - the pacing was good (although a little upset they cut Proud Mary too fast)... and did Katrina lie or is she just useless?

Something really bad is going on with Frank - maybe he is undead... like Dracula?

Also - earlier in the episode I could have sworn WhisperTits stopped whispering, but then by the end of the episode she was back at it. Maybe KW was pissed off in the earlier scenes, lol.

I was truly afraid Hawley or Jenny would get killed in this episode - especially at the end. I LOVED it that they had Hawley just leave rather than kill him off - but it does narrow down the options for who ends up dead for good.

Abbie and Ichabod's issues felt off to me. I think because of the heavy over-emphasis on CFD and Katrina, a lot of the "offness" between Ichabbie was ignored by the writers - or at least given a pretty big backseat to CFD/Katrina... so when Jenny kept going on about issues, I was like - no one has even mentioned those issues.

And I kinda wanted Abbie to hit Ichabod with - "I can't hold onto a key, but you can redraw a map that landed me in Purgatory?"

But despite all of that (and the cultural misappropriation) I enjoyed this episode.

Katrina looked really shifty there at the end - but then again she kinda always does... le sigh.

• Love 3

Sooooo...Katrina was lying, there at the end? What was reflected in the door? I couldn't make it out.

Mmmm Jaime Murray. :-) But I really don't care about Hawley much.

Nothing! Irving has no reflection which means he's undead! Creepiest moment in the episode.  Katrina was so lying. All she cares about is her horseman son.

This was an improvement over last week.  So glad Hawley is gone! Yes! And another episode without Henry! Yes. That gives the episode major points right there.

I liked that Abbie and Crane finally talked, kind of,  but there was more that needed to be said. They didn't talk through the root of the disconnect they've been having which has been Katrina and how he will throw her under the bus for anything Katrina or Henry.

Loved all of the Abbie/Jenny moments. There bond is awesome! And badass Jenny is always a plus!

I couldn't help but laugh at Abbie/Crane's karaoke at the end. Hilarious.

Good episode! Next week actually looks good.

Edited by Enero
  • Love 3

Thanks for taking one for the team. Can we get a Katrina quotient? Did Abbie get to be a lead character? I haven't watched the show since a few episodes before Deliverance, any info appreciated. :)

She had 3 scenes, but she was mostly background in 2 of them. In the last one, she shared it with Irving and Cynthia and still was more background... the scene didn't even end with her - she exited before the very last scene (that scared the bejeebies out of me).

And Abbie definitely was in lead form... the story still focused hard on Ichabbie even if Hawley had the side plot. What was great about this was that it felt like they were all together on one plot and Ichabbie was still leading the plot, even though Hawley's story was a big part of it. Hawley's part never overtook the show.

I actually felt like they made Hawley much more complex in this episode and kinda was sad to see him go - but that's why I am glad they didn't kill him off...

So who's gonna get the ax then?

Edited by phoenics
  • Love 7

Me as well. Life's too hard to be irritated by a tv show - so like to know whether it is worth watching

• Love 2

This was probably the best episode of Sleepy Hollow Season 2. Heck, I think it may be my favorite eposodes of the whole series! Thank you to whatever bigwig at Fox knocked some sense into TPTB!

I loved all of the Ichabbie scenes. Jenny got to be a BAMF. Katrina was kept to a minimum. Ill even admit to laughing at her line about Mary Poppins. It was nice to see the scenes between Irving and Cynthia.

Crane singing his sea shanty at karaoke had me rolling! Of course he would be "that guy"! It's a shame they cut to Katrina during Proud Mary. I would have loved to see Abbie dancing like Tina Turner and Crane staring at her like she was nuts.

Edited by LeeLeePanda
  • Love 12

This was a good episode, much better than the past shows.  Hopefully the ratings are good so it can be renewed for next season.

I loved the karaoke scenes, who knew Nicole was a good singer?  Also, I'm surprised Irving drank whatever Katrina gave him.  After those intense questions, I would have got up and left.  I would be afraid she'd poison me or something.

Next week's episode looks pretty good too.

• Love 6

My evening is complete. Seeing Abbie singing karaoke (and really doing well and enjoying herself), and then Crane shouting out "Huzzah!" and whistling and hollering for her was just the stuff of awesome. And I could not stop laughing at Crane's shanty song. Oh my gawd, that was hilarious. More of that, please.

I also loved Crane saying, "Maybe I should have sung the one about the bass, about the bass." HA! I would have paid good money to hear him sing that. (And loved his backups on Proud Mary. Nice bass voice there, Tom Mison! Wow.)

There was a lot of funny in this episode. The way Crane said they would divide and conquer, the ladies left the room, and he resolutely took up his coffee cup and took a hearty bite out of his breakfast sandwich just made me laugh. Tom was so funny. And I liked the way Abbie gestured at him after he got the vault door open, and how satisfied he looked (while also eyeballing the spikes like "yikes"). 

Add to all that the conversation they had in the vault, which I think was overdue (because they had been out of sync for a while), and I really liked this episode. 

I also liked that Jenny saved Hawley, cutting him loose just in time. Even though I know it was necessary in order for the creature/woman to get away and give Hawley reason to leave, I kind of wish Jenny had saved Hawley entirely -- I was hoping he would stay tied up while she came in and saved the day like a bad-ass and took out the evil Carmilla (especially after that woman almost killed her earlier in the day, or the day before). The way the writers did it, Jenny was partial bad-ass but then the moment lost its oomph with Carmilla escaping. I wanted them to defeat her entirely.

I am very sad for Irving's wife. It's going to be terrible for her to lose him again, either to death or evil or whatever he is now. I hope there's a way to bring him back entirely, without the undead "no reflection" factor. Frankly, I'm surprised he had a reflection on the video feed at the precinct, if he has none in a general window at home. That doesn't make sense to me.

Ill even admit to laughing at her line about Mary Poppins.

Oh, I forgot about that! Another thing that had me laughing. I loved both Katrina's derision about it (don't trash Mary Poppins, Katrina, I will come at you!) and Ichabod's insistence that Ms. Poppins was actually so much more than just "housekeeping." LOL.

It's a shame they cut to Katrina during Proud Mary. I would have loved to see Abbie dancing like Tina Turner and Crane staring at her like she was nuts.

That would have been the stuff of awesome. I wish they had behind-the-scenes showing something like that, even just one "take." 

• Love 11

I liked this one too. I am not surprised though. It had very limited Katrina, badass Jenny, sister bonding, and great stuff between Abbie and Ichabod. When they were in the vault discussing their problems and when it went wrong, I felt they were both trying extremely hard not to mention Katrina. (We know the truth).

I love how Abbie feelings for Katrina (mistrust) always shines through. She can tell Jenny that Katrina was right to let The Horseman go but she tries to keep her out of the investigation.

• Love 3

Oh, this was a good one.  Definitely need a re-watch.

-  The book end Karaoke scenes.  So cute.  Abbie & Ichabod can both sing.  And I love their song choices.  Also, I love that they were hooting & hollering for each other

- Abbie smiling, letting her hair down and seeming to have fun.  The drinking joking foursome of Millsx2 plus Hawley & Ichabod.  A lot of good stuff even before the opening credits

- Ichabod's face when he sees Orion's sigil that he gave to Abbie.  Mison telegraphed Ichabod's hurt so well that Abbie would depend on someone else.

- Ichabod & Abbie stuck in a vault and talking out their issues.  They sounded like a married couple.

-Her hand on his shoulder as she explained why she didn't tell him about Orion.  My feels had feels.

- Abbie's pointy finger at Ichabod when they got out of the vault

- Lots of Jenny Kicking ass!!!

- Very tiny amount of Katrina

- 'His Witch Wife' -  Abbie's shade so cool, so crisp

- Cynthia as a lawyer!  And her uneasiness around Frank

- Are we finally seeing the real shadiness of the Witch?

- this ep was supposed to be about Hawley but it was drowning in Ichabbie.

Edited by DearEvette
  • Love 11

Did they just write Hawley off??? Praise be! Hopefully that's indicative of larger course corrections on the show. Honestly this episode felt like a meta love letter to the fans--like "we see where we went wrong and we're fixing it, we promise!" Granted, this episode was also a total waste of Jaime Murray, but I'm okay with that as it got Hawley off the show. (I mean, when he was standing there shirtless at the end, it actually felt to me like he was from another show that wasn't Sleepy Hollow.) This felt a little more like a return to S1 form--it wasn't a spectacular episode, but it just had a better feel to it. Does anyone know when the show broke production for the winter break? After the mixed--at best--reviews the first half of the season got, it would not surprise me one iota if this episode was the first one they filmed after coming back from the holidays.

That last scene with Irving was super creepy--I can't tell if Katrina's lying (props to Katia Winter for playing it so that I could believe it going either way--and also the cinematography people, it was very, very well shot), but whether or not she is, it's obvious something is up with Irving, even if it's not Henry. That last scene was really foreboding. (Although: I thought Irving and his wife were estranged...? Are all the important conversations happening off-screen these days?)

I loved Jenny in this one, as usual.

Abbie and Ichabod's issues felt off to me.

Honestly, this felt like way too tame a resolution for me, especially on Abbie's end. I can't tell if the show has offered a fake resolution to their tension so that they can really have Abbie and Ichabod blow up at each other later (or at least have Abbie blow up at Ichabod), or if the fans' patience has been so tested by the Ichabod-Abbie stress they decided it was just better to end it asap, with a whimper.

Edited by stealinghome

I believe that Nicole sang in a movie called My Last Day Without You. The singing in this episode sounded a lot like in that movie, so I am thinking it was her.

What's funny to me is that the singing voice started before they cut to show Abbie doing the singing, so I thought it was just background music, but at the same time I thought to myself, "Wow, that singer's voice, she could be a dead ringer for Abbie/Nicole!" So I was delighted to see it actually was her doing the singing. Love it!

I'll be very curious to see if Katrina tells Abbie and Crane about whatever she discovered about Irving, or if she keeps it to herself and it becomes another point of discord between her and her husband.

Edited by sinkwriter
  • Love 1

Well, after last week's disaster, this certainly was an improvement.  I was worried over hearing it was going to be Hawley-centric, but it actually felt like he was still just supporting (probably since he was more or less the victim), while Ichabod and Abbie ran the show.  Also, plenty of Jenny, which I can never complain about.  Oh, and barely any Katrina, and the part we do see actually make her feel kind of sinister, so I'm really hoping for a heel turn.

I'm glad Ichabod and Abbie finally had it out a little bit, although I still think Ichabod got off way too easy.  I feel like the show put them on equal footing, but no, I still think Ichabod treated Abbie way worst then Abbie ever did to him.  But, whatever.  I'm being cautiously optimistic.  What I did love was Jenny channeling parts of the fandom and being like "Why are you guys not hanging out together, anymore?  This is so lame, you guys!  Is it because of Katrina and Henry?  Fuck them!"

The karaoke scenes were pretty fun.  Nicole in particular, has a pretty good singing voice.  And the reference to Star Wars.  Ichabod needs to catch up on his sci-fi viewing!

Jaime Murray!  Always a treat.  A couple of times Camille did remind me of her Stahma from Defiance, only without the alien eyes and white make-up, and with more clothing then normal.  But, the way that Jaime delivered some of those lines just made go "That is so what Stahma would say!"

If this is truly it for Hawley, he got a better send-off then the norm.  I wish nothing but the best for Matt Barr, but I'm glad to be done with that character.

• Love 7

I did have one moment of unhappiness during the scene with Cynthia and Frank where Frank was obviously unhappy with Abbie and Crane. It just makes me angry that the writers had Abbie neglect Irving all that time - even though she tried to be there for him more than anyone else - but the writers just ignored him... and now it feels like Abbie is going to end up paying the price.

But I shall take what I get I suppose.

The episode was sooo good.

I worry about what's up with Irving though... I think something really bad is gonna happen.

Edited by phoenics

I'm actually kind of sad to see Hawley go. I really enjoyed the early karaoke scene with the four of them, really enjoying themselves.  And dang. Ichabod's just looking at Abbie singing had more chemistry than so many of his scenes with Katrina.

Katrina continues to look so shifty. That last scene with her and Irving and his wife was disturbing.  Katrina HAS to be lying, right? She said there was no influence left, but IRVING DOESN'T HAVE A REFLECTION. And we know that can't be good.  The fact that we saw that so soon after she'd declared him free of Henry has to have significance.

The scene in the vault was wonderful.  Such a great conversation between the two hearts of the show.  And...

Ichabod: I'll admit; I was excited. I may have acted rashly.

Abby: I'll be sure to put that on your tombstone.

Plus...

Abby: I'm not going to die in Knox's vault even if it goes all Star Wars trash compacter on us.

Ichabod: Star Wars. What did they use?

Abby: They had a robot.

I loved how Ichabod just rolled with the Star Wars reference. Abby, you need to get on showing him that movie ASAP.

• Love 8

This was a good monster-of-the-week episode.  Unlike others, I mostly enjoyed Hawley as an addition to the team, and I'll probably miss him a little (I wouldn't mind if his character popped back in now and again; I think that's the level he worked best at).

The final scene was very creepy.  I think Katrina is a lying liar who lies.

• Love 12

I liekd this episode overall, there were a lot of good Ichabbie moments(especially the karoke scenes) and there was a good balance between the characters even with the Hawley centric episode.

I did think though that some of the dialogue early on was heavy handed and a little forced. Highlighting the Ichabbie awkwardness and the Jenny/Hawley relationship discussion seemed almost like the producers trying to address fans concerns. I thought someone from the show had said that episode 14 was when we would see a change in direction and maybe this was the start of it.

While the Ichabbie chemistry was great tonight, the vault scene felt a little off to me. It feels like we have seen this conversation multiple times where they seem to make up and try to get on the same page, until Ichabod has to make a tough decision and chooses himself/his family over being a witness.  It would be really bad if some version of that happens again in the finale.

I thought the the rest of the cast was really good as well. I liked Jenny having more of a role, Hawley got some interesting character development(even though it seems like we will not see him again), and I am glad Irving got more screentime as well. And very little Katrina helped as well.

I feel like this can be a good springboard for the rest of the season, although it seems like previous episodes could have been that and it has resulted in missed opportunites. It seems like this season has been one step forward then two steps back, and I hope that doesn't happen with next week's episode because tonight showed how much potential the show still has.

• Love 2

This was a pretty decent episode and one of the better ones of this season. The karaoke scenes were really funny and Nicole has a lovely voice. All the ichabbie moments were also good but their chemistry still seems off to me. I don't know if it was done intentionally due to the dialogue or bts stuff but it felt muted. 

That end scene with Irving was pretty Creepy and I'm happy that Cynthia felt weirded out by him literally coming back from the dead and I can't wait to see how this storyline develops.

And maybe I'm in the minority but I'm glad that Hawley is gone and I'm hoping for good. The actor was okay but him essentially replacing Jenny killed any goodwill I could have had for the character. Also the fact that this was his story without either Abbie or Crane being backburned showed what the writers and producers intentions were concerning Katrina.

• Love 1

I'm actually kind of sad to see Hawley go. I really enjoyed the early karaoke scene with the four of them, really enjoying themselves.  And dang. Ichabod's just looking at Abbie singing had more chemistry than so many of his scenes with Katrina.

I wasn't sure if this was the direction or if it was Tom Mison doing this inadvertently, but when Ichabod was listening to Abbie sing, he had this enraptured look on his face - and then it was like he remembered himself and pulled back on the puppy eyes look.

Not sure if that was deliberate or not...

Katrina continues to look so shifty. That last scene with her and Irving and his wife was disturbing.  Katrina HAS to be lying, right? She said there was no influence left, but IRVING DOESN'T HAVE A REFLECTION. And we know that can't be good.  The fact that we saw that so soon after she'd declared him free of Henry has to have significance.

I just don't know! She did say that whatever has happened to him she couldn't say, just that he's disconnected from War now... but obviously something is going on...

She looked SO shady though - like she's hiding something. I had the fleeting thought that she literally turned evil in that moment and I thought she was going to snap Irving's neck and then kill Cynthia... KW's expression was just... blank, but with a weird seething anger behind it. Maybe KW was angry? There was an early scene where she didn't even do whispering... she was talking normally with a heavy accent though... but she just sounded like IDGAF in that scene.

The scene in the vault was wonderful.  Such a great conversation between the two hearts of the show.  And...

Ichabod: I'll admit; I was excited. I may have acted rashly.

Abby: I'll be sure to put that on your tombstone.

Plus...

Abby: I'm not going to die in Knox's vault even if it goes all Star Wars trash compacter on us.

Ichabod: Star Wars. What did they use?

Abby: They had a robot.

I loved how Ichabod just rolled with the Star Wars reference. Abby, you need to get on showing him that movie ASAP.

Yes!! And I forgot one other thing I loved... I LOVED that Ichabod was actually WRONG!!! And then he needed Abbie's help to get them out of the vault! Witness Represent for real!!

• Love 3

One the one hand you could figure that she is lying.  On the other, it is Katrina after all.  Her "magic" probably told her he was free. ha!

But for real, that was a good creepy scene.  I have to admit that even Katrina was nicely sinister esp. when she was asking about Frank about Henry and he way it was shot.   I actually think she is playing them and plans on using Frank to get to Henry. 

• Love 3

Also the fact that this was his [Hawley's] story without either Abbie or Crane being backburned showed what the writers and producers intentions were concerning Katrina.

Nailed it.

One the one hand you could figure that she is lying.  On the other, it is Katrina after all.  Her "magic" probably told her he was free. ha!

But for real, that was a good creepy scene.  I have to admit that even Katrina was nicely sinister esp. when she was asking about Frank about Henry and he way it was shot.   I actually think she is playing them and plans on using Frank to get to Henry.

You know - that's a scary thought.... but I think you are right... because everything she saw pointed to Frank still being under Henry's control...

Maybe the show will grant my fondest wish and have Katrina go after Henry using Frank and end up killed along with Henry... my fear is Jenny being killed though.

Edited by phoenics
  • Love 4

I can't believe Ichy called Abbie out on not being a good partner and not the other way around. That piece of shit!

Still too much Katrina. I just wish they stopped going to her, when they need help. They should know by now she's not interested in helping anyone, who isn't a friend or family member.

It was tolerable otherwise. I side eyed the way they wrote Jenny and her feelings for Nick, but at least he's gone, which means we can have old Jenny back.

I'm glad they let Abbie sing well. Nicole has a wonderful voice!

• Love 1

I didn't think Ichy was calling out Abbie so much as realizing that their bond is in jeopardy and I think Mison played it as though he realizes now that he's been as much to blame as he was trying to shunt off on Abbie.

• Love 7

Always nice to see Jaime Murray although I wish they had let her use her real accent.  That American dialect she was effecting was rough.

Definitely had some good moments like Ichabod and Abbie singing together.  Definitely several funny moments.  Frank not seeing his reflection was creepy.  Hawley's background reminds me of Gambit from the X-Men.  Surprised to see him written off and this show has been unable to develop anyone outside of the same six characters it seems like.  For a Hawley episode, I didn't think it was a strong one for the character.

"I can 't believe we named Fort Knox after someone who died penniless."

"Well, he had other redeeming qualities."

• Love 2

I didn't think Ichy was calling out Abbie so much as realizing that their bond is in jeopardy and I think Mison played it as though he realizes now that he's been as much to blame as he was trying to shunt off on Abbie.

That was my take on the scene, as well. I think he explicitly noted he shared responsibility for their bond being off.  I will admit I still want him to acknowledge that his hiding things about Katrina (lying about the map, for instance) is at issue in terms of Abbie's pulling back, too. But small steps, I guess.

• Love 2

That was my take on the scene, as well. I think he explicitly noted he shared responsibility for their bond being off.  I will admit I still want him to acknowledge that his hiding things about Katrina (lying about the map, for instance) is at issue in terms of Abbie's pulling back, too. But small steps, I guess.

There is no "sharing" though. He has been letting her down and betraying her in steady manner since last season finale. Their bond is in jeopardy, because of him. He's the one, who keeps talking about their bond and trust, but ultimately keeps siding with others and working against her.

Abbie would be a fool if she didn't pull back, because he proved himself to be untrustworthy. But she kept the ring (and did nothing with it), so he gets to call her out? He is an entitled piece of shit.

• Love 6

Well, I for one, will miss Hawley. He grew on me and I'm glad we saw his back story. He had a tragic life. I don't think he's done. Jenny has too much invested in him. He'll be back when the team needs him.

Irving missing his reflection was a great twist. So he's undead? The opposite of his dad?

The communication between Ichabod and Abbey was a start but they need a full blown argument and vent. JMHO

• Love 6
Maybe the show will grant my fondest wish and have Katrina go after Henry using Frank and end up killed along with Henry... my fear is Jenny being killed though.

I've thought about this, but I just don't think Abbie could EVER get over Jenny's death. If Katrina got Jenny killed, Abbie would gut Katrina like a fish--not even Ichabod could stand in her way. There's no way Team Witness could move past Jenny's death (unless Ichabod killed Katrina for getting Jenny killed, and I can't see that happening--nor would I want it to, frankly).

Are we sure it's a good guy who's getting killed? Because if not, my money might actually be on Henry. I know the producers love John Noble but the character has been massively overexposed this season, they clearly don't really have a plan for him, and Henry dying would certainly propel Crane's arc next season.

A couple of times Camille did remind me of her Stahma from Defiance, only without the alien eyes and white make-up, and with more clothing then normal.

HA! So true, poor Murray usually has to strip down much more than she did tonight. IA though with benteen that I wish they'd let Murray use her native accent--I was watching with a friend, and I actually said to her "Murray's voice is so much more expressive when she doesn't have the fake American accent." It's not even a good American accent, so just let the woman be!

(I wouldn't mind if his character popped back in now and again; I think that's the level he worked best at).

Yeah, you know, I'm really happy they've written Hawley off, but I will say I think the character could have worked if written differently. If they hadn't had Jenny go missing for like 4 straight episodes to prop Hawley, if they hadn't shoved him down our throats as The Awesomest Ever while exiling Jenny to Siberia initially, and if they hadn't stranded the character in a pseudo-love triangle with the Mills sister, he might have made a decent recurring character, popping in and out every 4-5 episodes to flirt with Jenny and give the team some MacGuffin. But then again, that's the kind of character this show really struggles to write, so maybe not.

I actually think she is playing them and plans on using Frank to get to Henry.

Yeah--if Katrina was lying in the last scene, this is my guess as to why. She thinks she can use Irving to find Henry.

Surprised to see him written off and this show has been unable to develop anyone outside of the same six characters it seems like.

I agree, but I think that's a problem with this season more than it is the core cast/non-core cast divide. The characters have all felt very, very stagnant this season--I feel like most of the development of the core characters happened last season, and this season has just been riding its coattails.

• Love 3

Forgot one thing.... when they crashed the Knox party, did Abbie make a beeline for the drinks tray and grab a drink and belt it down? I swear I saw that.  LOL.

You are very correct.  *GRIN*  I saw it too.

I actually think she is playing them and plans on using Frank to get to Henry.

Yeah, I agree. Maybe it was just because of her usual whisper-mode, but she seemed to be whispering to Frank while they were in that circle together, almost deliberately trying to keep the questions between the two of them, so his wife wouldn't hear. Her question was about Henry, where is Henry, not about Frank or what Frank has been through or what he remembers, so I feel like she's up to something. Her focus wasn't really on helping Frank; it seemed to be to gain more information about the whereabouts of her son and using Frank in the process. 

• Love 6

Aw, I'm going to miss Hawley.  He can feel free to pop in for a bit of shirtless peril anytime.  BTW, is it wrong that my first thought upon realizing that his Evil Godmother was going to turn him into a vetala was "Hey, she has to take off his shirt for that ceremony, right?"  Also, thank you, Show, for the undressed Irving scene, too.  At first I was like, "Aren't they separated?" but then I stopped thinking and just enjoyed the view.  A similar effect to Katrina's heaving bosom, perhaps?

The reflection of Frank hugging his wife - and Frank's reflection was NOT THERE. That music swelling scared the hell out of me. This episode had some really scary parts.

Thanks!  I rewound and paused, but still couldn't figure out what was up.  I think I was too focused on the idea that something/someone was outside watching them.

And I kinda wanted Abbie to hit Ichabod with - "I can't hold onto a key, but you can redraw a map that landed me in Purgatory?"

Seriously.  And her keeping the token wasn't even a deception, unlike the whole, "See, I'm burning this map!"

When he first found the Orion keychain (you know it would make an awesome one) and was going on about Abbie lying to him, I was thinking, "I'm sorry, are you complaining to KATRINA about someone keeping secrets and not giving you all of the information?  Really, dude?"  Even Katrina was like, "I'm going to be real quiet right now so he doesn't remember why he's so fed up with secrets and lies."

- Abbie smiling, letting her hair down and seeming to have fun.  The drinking joking foursome of Millsx2 plus Hawley & Ichabod.  A lot of good stuff even before the opening credits

- Ichabod's face when he sees Orion's sigil that he gave to Abbie.  Mison telegraphed Ichabod's hurt so well that Abbie would depend on someone else.

- Ichabod & Abbie stuck in a vault and talking out their issues.  They sounded like a married couple.

-Her hand on his shoulder as she explained why she didn't tell him about Orion.  My feels had feels.

It was so great to see Abbie as a person and not just a cop.  In another thread, someone mentioned how we haven't seen an Abbie moment like that since the baseball game in "Sin Eater."  Maybe next we'll see her apartment again, which has only appeared in one episode, I think ("Andy, we need to talk about boundaries!").

I am soooo much more interested in the rough patch that Team Witness is going through than I am the Crane marriage.  I agree with others that the initial dialogue introducing the lack of communication was clunky (especially with Jenny), but those scenes where they finally start talking about their issues were quite touching.

While the Ichabbie chemistry was great tonight, the vault scene felt a little off to me. It feels like we have seen this conversation multiple times where they seem to make up and try to get on the same page, until Ichabod has to make a tough decision and chooses himself/his family over being a witness.  It would be really bad if some version of that happens again in the finale.

Yeah, as touching as I found their scenes, I did keep waiting for Ichabod to break into another heartfelt speech about the unbreakable bond between them, and I was fully prepared to begin jeering over how quickly he would betray or undercut that bond when things got complicated.  Color me pleasantly surprised that they didn't go there (or rather, kept interrupting the moment with their ideas for getting out of the vault).

So, I've been pretty indifferent to the idea of Katrina being revealed as evil, but tonight's episode sold me on the idea.  She was straight up scary!  My reactions included "No, don't drink it, Irving," "He's gonna get zapped when he tries to leave that circle," and finally, "She's totally gonna stab Cynthia."  It didn't help that they were in the exact spot where Corbin did the exorcism on Jenny.  Cree-py.

• Love 4

I love the Mills sisters. The scene at that guys store was just beyond awesome. I esp. loved Abbie's line about Crane's "Witch wife". LMAO!

Speaking to the struggling witch, she came off real shady in her scene with Irving tonight. Shaaady!

Also, aren't the Irvings divorced? What is this husband-wife thing they were talking about? Before Irving went to jail and get into that mess with Henry, he and his wife just reunited in order to protect their daughter. They weren't together. He was flirting with Jenny! 

This! 

• Love 2

Also, aren't the Irvings divorced? What is this husband-wife thing they were talking about?

That's why I was wondering if he's not quite "right" because he didn't seem to remember their troubled past (I'm not sure if they were divorced or just separated). I think his wife was just so relieved to have him back that she didn't feel quite right about setting him straight about it. But none of them are sharing - Katrina clammed up and acted all mysterious, Irving's wife clammed up and didn't talk about how they aren't really "together" in that way anymore, and Irving seemed to clam up (he saw that he has no reflection, right?). This is not good. I sense disaster, and I think Katrina's not going to be on the "good" side of it. Frankly, I think it would be very interesting to see Crane have to go up against his own wife.

• Love 5

Orlando Jones' tweets crack me up - I don't go for all that new fangeled stuff, but I go to read him.

#SleepyHollow you can kill just about anything with iron and fire. See exhibit 1a. We call it a gun #catchyAintIt

8:49pm - 26 Jan 15

#SleepyHollow I have never seen Hawley talk to a white woman this long b4 usually he is all up in the Mills sisters face #cheesin

• Love 4

The story wasn't as bad as I was expecting it to be.  I like that there were only a couple of scenes with Katrina, but of course we can't have an episode where someone doesn't recite the "Katrina was right" line at least once (I hate when it's Abbie having to recite it).  I liked Abbie and Crane resolving some (not all) of their issues and I appreciate Tom and Nicole as actors more and more with every episode. 

As far as Abbie keeping Orion's sigil from him, I wasn't happy about Crane being so upset about that when he's the one with a pretty consistent history of doing things he's not supposed to do--redrawing the map, for instance.  He's also the one who apologizes and then repeats the very behavior he's apologizing for.  I feel like their convo in the vault is one they've had before and I can't take him seriously when he does the we-can-only-trust-each-other and we-have-to-stick-together speeches.

--I like Hawley and I like having some back-story to him, but I'm happy that they managed to keep Crane/Abbie front and center with a heavy dose of Jenny.  I thought there was a very weird, inappropriate atmosphere/chemistry in the Hawley and Carmilla scenes, though.  

--Cynthia's wig was giving Katrina's wig a run for its money.  Irving and Cynthia sleeping in the same bed together was unexpected.  I thought they were separated and Cynthia was living in another city/state with Macey?  Also, Abbie and Crane aren't Irving's favorite people right now, according Cynthia?

--What stood out most to me about the final scene was Irving's reaction to seeing that he had no reflection.  He didn't immediately look freaked out or too surprised.  The camera wasn't on him long enough for me to figure out what was going through his head.

• Love 1

I feel like Katrina was being really shady at the end but honestly, I thought that before with the scenes with Orion. She looked nervous there, like he knew about her shady dealings in purgatory but nothing came of it. I think it might just be KW's limited acting abilities. She has the wide-eyed, shocked look and the head down, face turned slightly forwards the camera but eyes cast down look. That seems to be all she has in her arsenal. I want to believe that she's turning evil but it's so hard to read her signals.

The rest of the episode was fantastic, I really had fun watching it and Jenny finally took her place as the rightful supporting character. This felt like a season one episode, Ichabbie, limited Katrina, Irving and his wife (I thought they were not only divorced but not even on that good terms.) Jenny kicking butt and Abbie as the leading lady. It wasn't perfect but I could definitely see a shift in the writing in this episode of what was emphasized and important and what was not.

• Love 2

That's why I was wondering if he's not quite "right" because he didn't seem to remember their troubled past (I'm not sure if they were divorced or just separated). I think his wife was just so relieved to have him back that she didn't feel quite right about setting him straight about it. But none of them are sharing - Katrina clammed up and acted all mysterious, Irving's wife clammed up and didn't talk about how they aren't really "together" in that way anymore, and Irving seemed to clam up (he saw that he has no reflection, right?). This is not good. I sense disaster, and I think Katrina's not going to be on the "good" side of it. Frankly, I think it would be very interesting to see Crane have to go up against his own wife.

I thought they were divorced. I remember one of them saying that last season. I might be wrong though. It is just I was confused by their whole relationship. 

• Love 1

I liked that Jenny was the voice of the audience in this episode--she pointed out that Abbie and Crane weren't the team they once were (you know, last season). This felt like an episode of promises. Abbie and Crane are talking to each other again and promising to work on their partnership, and we had a bearable amount of Katrina. If this really is a sign of things to come, I will be a happy viewer.

Frank Irving, though...no reflection and sort of back with his ex-wife? There go my Mr. & Mrs. BAMF dreams.

• Love 2