Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E10: Tribunal

i've always be indifferent to juliett so im not mad at her havng so much screen time

her killing the guy with her new hexenbeist(spelling ?) power was awesome

monroe and rosalee are boring as hell as a couple nad im mad it took them this long to inform Detective Wu they should been added him to the team. I missed the whole last least so is the captain guy who is a basdtard royal suppose to be a good guy now lol ??

This episode just warmed my heart. Nick and the Scooby Gang taking on those filthy cowards...priceless. I mean, Monroe and Rosalie tore the throat out of the leader. "Like hell you will!" Juliette hexenbeisting the bad guy's brains out. Awesome. Wu telling Bud to "Do it again." Sean being all "you think we're still playing by the rules" and tossing Acker across the room. Precious. Nick leaving the interrogation room with Acker's sister and making him think he was going to kill her if Acker didn't confess. Adorable.

This episode was filled with such heartwarming moments.

I was even OK with Juliette not telling Nick, Rosalie and Monroe about becoming a Hexenbeist. If she had told them, the honeymoon would have been postponed again.

But please, promo monkeys, pull the other leg. Like any of that crap is actually going to happen.

Edited by mustbekarma
  • Love 5

I love anal-retentively dedicated the Wesenrein were to observing the forms of their "trial." Meanwhile, Bud is awesome In my head it went from day to night because Bud managed to babble for like seven hours straight. I liked the "power walk" the last break and no one stopping Juliette from coming along.

Meanwhile, it's weird that not only are created hexenbiests possible, it appears they happen often enough to establish their deadliness as compared to regular hexenbiests.

My TV was a little dark.  Did Juliette use her telekinesis to pick her gun up and shoot the guy or did she use it to flat-out rip his skull open?

• Love 4

Holy crap, that was an intense hour! Go Team Grimm!

Loved the look of shock on the captain's face at Juliet voging(sp?). Hopefully she doesn't wait to long next time to tell Nick.

looking at next week previews it looks like she hides it from him and it becomes a problem

lol i know this will be the fangirls dreams   juliett becoming a hexenbeist  means nick has to kill her therefore no more juliett.  I hope this isn't the case i always seem to love the female characters that tend to be the most hated character on their respective hsow

Edited by teezy
  • Love 2

My TV was a little dark.  Did Juliette use her telekinesis to pick her gun up and shoot the guy or did she use it to flat-out rip his skull open?

I'm pretty sure Juliette ripped his skull open. That's my choice, because that is just awesome. I really don't think she used telekinesis to use the gun.

• Love 1

I'm pretty sure Juliette ripped his skull open. That's my choice, because that is just awesome. I really don't think she used telekinesis to use the gun.

She seemed to do that sonic scream thing that Adalind did when she realized her baby was gone.

• Love 2

Thank goodness that arc is over. ITA with those who don't care to watch that level of brutality. Actually, I think last week was worse.

It's kind of cute that Nick and Hank are going on Monroe and Rosalee's honeymoon. Even though Nick said, "You won't even know we're there," I like to think they're going undercover as a newly married gay couple. The four of them might be chatting at a luau or other group holiday meal with some strangers about how there were some backward thinking people who didn't approve of "their" wedding, and that's why the two couples are honeymooning together--for support.

Should-be awkward moments:

• Wu seeing Rosalee and Monroe coming back from taking care of the head of the cult with blood on their mouths.
  • Juliette coming to Renard (her ex-lover! (when under the influence)) for help
  • Love 1

I love anal-retentively dedicated the Wesenrein were to observing the forms of their "trial." Meanwhile, Bud is awesome In my head it went from day to night because Bud managed to babble for like seven hours straight. I liked the "power walk" the last break and no one stopping Juliette from coming along.

Meanwhile, it's weird that not only are created hexenbiests possible, it appears they happen often enough to establish their deadliness as compared to regular hexenbiests.

On my TV, no gun was used. Don't think it was telekinesis either, more like a sonic thing.

Of course I couldn't figure out who gave her a gun to go out on this rescue attempt, or how she knew how to use it so well.

• Love 1

Of course I couldn't figure out who gave her a gun to go out on this rescue attempt, or how she knew how to use it so well.

Juliette had a handgun in a previous episode where she stayed with Rosalie. Even in the first season, Juliette had a rifle she was going to use to shoot the "injured animal" that attacked the horse she was treating. Nick taught Juliette how to shoot a handgun in the first season as well. There were also a lot of weapons in the back of the SUV.

• Love 6

I love anal-retentively dedicated the Wesenrein were to observing the forms of their "trial." Meanwhile, Bud is awesome In my head it went from day to night because Bud managed to babble for like seven hours straight....

Yes, but, hey, Monroe did an awesome filibuster himself using all his poet-souled philosopher-mindedness.

...I liked the "power walk" the last break and no one stopping Juliette from coming along.....

Is it wrong that I LOLed?

...My TV was a little dark. Did Juliette use her telekinesis to pick her gun up and shoot the guy or did she use it to flat-out rip his skull open?

I was standing close to mine. To me it looked like the top of his head just came off--apparently by the power of her will.

...Of course I couldn't figure out who gave her a gun to go out on this rescue attempt, or how she knew how to use it so well.

Wasn't there an arc in a previous season where she learned to shoot to protect herself after one of the times her house got torn apart by bad guys?

ETA: Or what mustbekarma said.

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 2

I liked the "power walk" the last break and no one stopping Juliette from coming along.

I will never be able to see a set of characters walking meaningfully down a hallway like that without picturing Puppet Angel in the lead.

Not usually a fan of violence, but I was oddly thrilled to see everyone get a piece of the cult (sometimes literally). And I love Wu's reaction to all this - steels himself, processes it, then immediately goes to learn more. Great episode overall.

• Love 19

Wasn't there an arc in a previous season where she learned to shoot to protect herself after one of the times her house got torn apart by bad guys?

I think it happened after "Ogre."  I recall Juliette saying something about not liking guns but turning out to be a dead shot the "first time around."  I kept expecting them to come back to that point but it never happened.

Meanwhile, I rewatched the scene and the gun didn't come into play.  I think I was fooled because my Closed Captioning describe the sound of her ripping the guy's skull open as "gunshot."

Edited by johntfs
  • Love 1

She brought her own and she's been established in-show as a natural shot.

Juliette coming to Renard (her ex-lover! (when under the influence))

He never was her lover. I hate that the writers went this way, but I can see why Juliette would want a handle on what's up with being a hexenbiest before she tells Nick. She probably wants to be able to reassure him and or have solutions in mind, depending on how she feels about her hexening. It is still just a day or so since she had her first voge.

I thought Nick and Hank were being deadpan, but I also wouldn't entirely blame them if they did go all Secret Service for Monrosalee. *g*

I didn't think I could love Bud more, and yet here I am--just wanting to hug Bud super hard and make him craft goods and pies. Also, that was a very cool speech that Monroe gave in the face of those assholes. When Monroe and Bud were being dragged toward the spike, I all but threw my remote (that I was griping tightly, unconsciously)!

I also loved that Hero Power Walk of Awesome at that last break!  The end, with Wu catching up and getting his wesen down? That was satisfying. About as satisfying as " ...you're not an aswang."  Go on, Drew!  I thought that we'd end up with Adalind and Viktor at Renard's, though, what with Wu looking at the hexenbiest page. I was hoping that Nick would be told first.

Promo monkeys must be getting White-out up their nose as well as their monitors. I so don't believe that preview,.

I hope the gang is stabilized now. Let's tell stories about the folks we have. There should be plenty.'

Despite the preview, I am ready for next week. Ready to start moving past this chunk of the season.

• Love 2

This was a very intense episode! I loved Wu learning about Wesen 101. Bud is always entertaining.

I think Juliette used her Hexenbiest sonic power on that guy and it looked like she blew the back of his head off. I don't understand why she doesn't tell Rosalie at least what has happened to her since she is kind of the Wesen pharmacist/doctor.

To be fair, Juliette did initiate a conversation with Rosalee about Acquired Hexenbiest Syndrome, but Rosalee was too busy with the guest list to pay much attention, other than to say they're deadlier than born Hexens.

Bud is pure gold.

Edited by Prevailing Wind
  • Love 2

Bud was pretty damn funny ("that's my chiropractor!") and loved how he stood with Monroe.  I was a little afraid Wu was going to be toast when one of those creeps voged--thought he might be too stunned to react fast enough, even though he practiced with Bud. 

• Love 3

Everything mentioned plus!  Hank's reaction to Renard killing that guy...he looked impressed.  Anyone else scared that Wu is going to attract someone to the camper?  Or spill his drink on the books?  Or set the place on fire?  Just me??  Ok.

• Love 10

So we have another stupid secret. Come on Juliette. You are really gonna tell Renard before Nick? Bleh

That said, I think Renard was all 'yaaaasss' and was kind of turned on by her Hexenbeisty face.

Loved every thing else though. Two really great episodes in a row! /thud

• Love 2

I loved that Monroe remembered he was a blutbad.   Ripping the guys throat out was more than he deserved.   Too bad they caught him again.

Aaaaaand know we know why the established earlier that Juliette is a good shot.   Nobody noticed her sonic scream?   

Rosalee getting all protective of her husband will never not be awesome.   

When Bud woged, I remembered Hank's reaction "do it again" when he first saw an intentional woge.   Then Wu said the same thing.   Clearly you either go nuts or you get intensely intrigued.   

Bud should have just talked the bad guys to death.   He just can't help babbling.   But he was loyal to Monroe to the end.   

The promo pisses me off.   Let's hide a secret from Nick because he might have to kill her.   Because they haven't spent the last 3 years establishing that Nick is not a "kill em all and let god sort it out" type of Grimm.   He waits and sees if it is a problem.   And there is absolutely no reason to believe that hexenbeist automatically equals evil.   Are you a good witch or a bad witch?

Glad the arc is finally over, and the majority of the cult leaders are done for.  But, it looks like the treacherous cop is still alive, so if they ever wanted to drag this story up again, I guess he could come back into play.  But, I'm glad Monroe (and Bud!) are safe, and now hopefully he and Rosalee can get that honeymoon.  Even if Nick and Hank are possibly chaperoning them.

Loved Wu's reactions to getting the Wesen lessons.  Really liked that Hank seem to take lead over that, because he would be the one who somewhat knows how Wu feels.  He seems to be taking it well, but I have a feeling the other shoe is going to drop.  The way they played that scene with him in the trailer by himself felt ominous.  I noticed that they focused on a shot of him reading about hexenbeasts, so I wonder if maybe there are heading to him finding out about Juliette, and freaking out.

Speaking of which, glad she told someone, and I can see why maybe Renard will be the first one to approach (it was his damn mother...)  But, that promo.... seriously, show?  Why are you going there?  You know damn well trying to keep this a secret from Nick is going to end horribly.

But until then, just want to say that Bud is the best.  May not be a great fighter, but I can find anyone more loyal then him.  The show better not ever think about offing him.

• Love 3

Speaking of which, glad she [Juliette] told someone, and I can see why maybe Renard will be the first one to approach (it was his damn mother...)  But, that promo.... seriously, show?  Why are you going there?  You know damn well trying to keep this a secret from Nick is going to end horribly.

But until then, just want to say that Bud is the best.  May not be a great fighter, but I can find anyone more loyal then him.  The show better not ever think about offing him.

I was really afraid that Bud was going to get killed sometime during the process of abduction/testifying.  As it was, if Nick & Company hadn't gotten there in time, the Tribunal would probably have put Bud on trial next for consorting with a Grimm.

Re:  Juliette--she needs to tell Nick and take "How to be a Hexenbiest" lessons from Renard's mother ASAP.  Some of them can be rational and control themselves even while in Hexenbiest form, can they not?  And, I may be imagining things, but it seemed as if Juliette got a great deal of satisfaction from blowing the back of that kid's head off by using her mental powers.  Perhaps she would prefer to stay a Hexenbiest?  In any case, as more than one person has mentioned, she can ingest Nick's blood and become fully human again, right? 

Edited by officetemp
  • Love 2

What a great episode! This show gets better every season & I love it.

I was nervous for Monroe till they brought Bud in. I figured since he wasn't a MAIN character, he was a goner. I'm so glad he's ok- I like watching his awkward ass talk to people.

Is it just me or is Captain Renard better looking & sexier than ever? (Except of course when he woges. As bad as he looks when he does, it was funny to see him react to Juliette when she woged.)

Wu did good- I'm a little surprised. I'm also surprised Nick is cool with Wu going to the trailer when he's not there. That trailer is way too important & I'm very worried that he'll be followed.

I KIND OF get why Juliette kept her mouth shut about the Hexenbiest thing before. I mean, they had their hands full. But she should've told him after they found Monroe. It's WAY too big of a problem to keep it from him now. Especially since it's so unpredictable. Who knows what else could happen? I just hope Renard can help before Nick does find out on his own.

That episode was awesome! I love it whenever His Royal Hottiness Renard is badass. Bud is so adorable. His "I'm not scary?" to Nick was so cute. And, wow, I finally found Juliette interesting now that she is a hexenbiest. I hope the Grimm's blood cure doesn't work on a "made" hexie.

Is it just me or is Captain Renard better looking & sexier than ever?

Nope, not just you! :-)

• Love 3

Well that's an hour I won't get back. Was the trial 24 hours or longer? This seemed oddly cheesy to be so violent. So everyone knows now. The secretive side isn't so secret anymore. And seriously show, Nick can "cure" Juliette with a little blood. Is that just going to be forgotten entirely? Trying to sell the idea that Nick is walking upstairs to kill her is laughable. Sigh.

ETA: Renard was this episode's saving grace. Yummy goodness.

Edited by ramble
  • Love 1

Cool episode.  I knew Juliette was going to biest out, was waiting for it at the end.  Way to go, exploding that guy's head.  What a turnaround for the character.  She went from lame the first couple of seasons to cool last year, and now she's badass.  Why does Nick want to kill her next week?  Come on, this is the 21st century!  A Grimm and a Hexenbiest can make it work!

Edited by Dobian
  • Love 2

Wow! What an awesome episode!

It felt like it took them ages to find out the location of the Tribunal, but it did build up the suspense for the ending. I was actually worried they were going to kill off Monroe or Bud at the end of the episode.

Not sure about how I feel about Juliette only telling her secret to Renard. I'm glad she has told SOMEBODY at least, Renard would know a thing or two about Hexenbiest because of his mother. But I fear the writers are going to take the rest of the season until they have Juliette tell Nick.

We haven't gotten such a large scale action scene with all our main characters since the opening zombie arc of season 3 have we? It was great that pretty much everyone was able to get a memorable badass scene in the ending fight, especially Rosalee.

Loved the "power walk" when our crew went to take care of business in the forest to save Monroe. Sure it was a little cheesy, but I like that the writers went there.

Edited by icewolf
  • Love 1

I thought it was kinda weird that during the idiotic, vote by revealing your identity scene, that all the voters were all white men.  However, by the end of the show they apparently had a black woman all in on the hate group.  I know they were trying to throw around Nazi vibes, but really?  Voting by unmasking is the stupidest thing I ever heard of.  You lose a vote, oh well your victim now knows your identity?

I can just see the foreshadowing, Wu is studying hexenbeist while eating fast food and Juliette is now a hexenbiest.  I just hope they keep Juliette's subplot short.  The promo is all like she's risking her love life by holding this secret, so why doesn't she tell someone other than the guy she was really into in season 2?  Are we suppose to think that Nick will just be an ass and dump her for being a hexenbiest after Rennard's mom tricked her?  Nick doesn't seem to be the type of guy to just ditch someone cause they're now magically a hexenbeist.

I can't believe this show is syndicated, there's like squat we know about wessen but now we know that none naturally born hexenbeist are more powerful but we still have Adalind's puple eye kid that murders everything that might harm her mom.  Speaking of Adalind, good job show, I've been enjoying it more with her being less involved with the plot.

• Love 2
Why does Nick want to kill her next week?

Because it's an obvious dream sequence fakeout?  Nick turning on her is one of her worst fears along with her attacking her friends.  So yeah I am 99% that this is her having an nightmare like ripping out Rosalee's throat.  (The other 1% is the only way this scene is real is if he think Adalind pulled a switch again)

I was nervous for Monroe till they brought Bud in. I figured since he wasn't a MAIN character, he was a goner. I'm so glad he's ok- I like watching his awkward ass talk to people.
I was never the least bit nervous for Monroe, but definitely was rather worried about Bud.  Four seasons in and Grimm has not killed off any good recurring characters yet other than Aunt Marie.  That is highly unusualy for this kind of supernatural show.   So I still have an uneasy feeling that at least one of Renard, Bud, Wu, or Kelly will have bit it by the end of the season finale. Edited by Xenith22
  • Love 2

Everything mentioned plus!  Hank's reaction to Renard killing that guy...he looked impressed.  Anyone else scared that Wu is going to attract someone to the camper?  Or spill his drink on the books?  Or set the place on fire?  Just me??  Ok.

I WAS worried about him getting French Fry grease on the ancient texts. LOL

ETA: Apparently not the first person to think that.

Edited by Big Bad Wolf
  • Love 1

I really kind of hated last week's episode being so violent and serious but being patient with it paid off this week in the form of getting to see each member of the Scooby gang, even the newly added Wu, get to take a bite out of the hate group.

Bud was so brave!  I was really worried for him.  Glad he made it. He's a good friend.  Of course happy Monroe is back too.  I hope we don't have to revisit the Weisenrein plot again, like, ever.

Now I'm disappointed that Juliette is still keeping her secret.  I guess she didn't want to keep Rosalee from feeling free to go on her honeymoon and figured the next best person to ask would be Renard and/or his mother, but that's no reason not to clue Nick in.  Silly, stupid writers.  Although really, I guess I just fall for any contrivance but so far I like Juliette a lot better this way!  It gives her something to do.  I guess eventually the novelty will wear off but it was definitely useful with the Weisenrein and could be useful when Adalind shows up.  I hope we get to see the look on Adalind's face when Juliette woges!  Anyway, I digress, but so far I'm on board with it.

I thought Nick and Hank were just teasing Monrosalee about going on the honeymoon with them.  Weren't they just teasing?  Although they were saying something about watching the house.  Are they supposed to be concerned that they are still in danger?  I don't want any more of that plot.

• Love 1

As long as she doesn`t woge in front of him, he wouldn`t see it. That is the only time he knows who is Wesen and they know he is a Grimm. It`s actual a level playing field that way.

I wonder if Nick`s Grimm blood could take away Juliette`s hexenbiest-ness. Or would it not work in terms of how she got her power. When she tells, that should at least be explored.

Loved the group coming together to help Monroe. Though, I too, can never not see a power walk down a hallway without picturing Puppet!Angel in front. The image is just too burned in my mind.

The thing I`m most happy about is Wu being in the group. Hallelujah. It was the single most shitty thing they ever did, letting him believe he was going crazy. 

I will never be able to see a set of characters walking meaningfully down a hallway like that without picturing Puppet Angel in the lead.

Ha, I burst out laughing at the power walk because I pictured wee Puppet Angel too!

I loved watching Bud go from trying to deny everything and save his own skin to telling them that he knew Nick, he had helped Nick, and he wished NIck were there to kick some ass. I also thought it was adorable when Nick said he wasn't a scary looking Wesen and Bud was genuinely surprised at that news.

But I was so worried the whole time that Bud, Wu, Hank, Nick, and Renard were in that room having Bud woge for Wu because I could clearly see that the door on Bud's right had a window. I thought Acker (or someone else) would see Bug woging.

I love that Wu's reaction to the full truth is going to the trailer to read all about the other wesen. Hopefully he will stay enthusiastic without veering off into unhealthy obsession.  And I'm glad I wasn't the only one worried about him getting french fry grease on the pages. When he picked up his soda, I thought he was going to accidentally spill it all over the hexenbiest page.

...Is it just me or is Captain Renard better looking & sexier than ever?...

Like fine wine. But if you want to really appreciate the actor's "attributes," watch the premier episode of Caprica.

So, let me get this straight. They don't know Juliette is a hexenbiest, but they let her chase down wesen on her own. I mean, seriously?...

She successfully fended off a woged attacker at least once with a frying pan, and, as was mentioned upthread, she was a natural with a gun in an earlier season. But all of it would have made more sense if they'd just made her a self defense instructor instead of a veterinarian. And they should have had her carrying her frying pan during the power walk.

...Now I'm disappointed that Juliette is still keeping her secret.  I guess she didn't want to keep Rosalee from feeling free to go on her honeymoon......

Good point. She had been trying to tell Rosalee earlier, and Rosalee would probably know more about it than Nick. Consulting Rosalee about her "condition" before telling Nick would be similar to consulting a doctor about a lump before telling a loved one--some people prefer to do things that way.

...I thought Nick and Hank were just teasing Monrosalee about going on the honeymoon with them....

I thought they were serious, which would be another reason for her not to tell Nick or Rosalee yet.
  • Love 1

I loved that guy saying something like "are you going to arrest us all" and nick saying "no, some of you will be stupid". Hee! So badass.

I also loved that Juliette kind of enjoyed killing that guy, because that is sort Of interesting. And nick and Hank going on the honeymoon! Ha.

But the promo monkeys need to gtfu because no way is nick going to hurt Juliette just because she's a hexen. I am thinking we will find that made hexens cannot be cured by grimms blood and probably that applies to adalinds daughter too.

• Love 1

This was a really good episode but the Power Walk was (IMO) massively cheesy.

I was worried about Bud for awhile there. We had that promo of Monroe screaming no in the dark which always made me think someone else would die. Then we had Bud showing up getting lots of screen time and getting his moment to shine...thought for sure he was dead. So glad I was wrong about that. I'm not a huge Bud fan but I didn't want to see him die.

Loved seeing Wu's reaction to Bud and getting his learning on at the end.

Still hate Juliette's story, I really hope they make her normal again. Although I imagine that if they make her human again it won't be until after Adiland shows up and Juliette lays a smack down on her ass.

• Love 1

I thought it was kinda weird that during the idiotic, vote by revealing your identity scene, that all the voters were all white men.  However, by the end of the show they apparently had a black woman all in on the hate group.  I know they were trying to throw around Nazi vibes, but really?  Voting by unmasking is the stupidest thing I ever heard of.  You lose a vote, oh well your victim now knows your identity?

As far as the unmasking, I kind of thought that a) it's not anonymous, like a paper vote or black ball, and therefore everyone will know the identity of a holdout, and b) there will never be a holdout (hate mob mentality and all) and no worries about the victim knowing their identity.  During the unmasking I thought I saw a person of color in the background, assumed it was a man though.

I loved that guy saying something like "are you going to arrest us all" and nick saying "no, some of you will be stupid". Hee! So badass.

I forgot about that, yeah, it was great.

I have to wonder how Portland's criminal justice system is going to sort out that mess at the park.  Gruesome murders, bodies all over, Renard describes it in the press conference as a murder-suicide thing by a hate group.  Who gets charged, how does the evidence match up victims to defendants?  I always wonder about the aftermath of grotesque crimes, do the police reporters and the public just chalk it up to keeping Portland weird?

• Love 1

I predict that they'll do the blood "cure" and it'll backfire and send Juliette into some kind of frenzy where they have to chase her down to stop her from killing, well, all of Portland.

As for Juliette not telling Nick, I get her thoughts without agreeing with them.  I doubt she knows that Grimm blood cures hexenbiests.  Let's recall that Nick is the same guy who didn't bother to tell Juliette that his mother was alive and had visited while Juliette was in the coma.  So, she's going to Renard, a person who is a kind of hexenbiest and whose mother cast the spell that pretty much triggered this.

I think when she killed the Blutbad in the woods, she felt herself enjoy it and that has her very freaked out because she really doesn't want to be the kind of person who enjoys going Scanners on people, even bad people.  She's probably a little scared that Nick might reject her (possibly because having sex with her now might end up depowering him all over again).  Finally, Juliette doesn't want Nick to blame himself for her situation.

Ultimately, I think Juliette is going to Renard hoping desperately that there's somehow a fast fix for this situation so she can deal with it without Nick ever having to know.

• Love 3

I was worried more about the beverage than the fries-greasy fingers.  Now I think I should've been worried about both.  Then I thought maybe Wu, being new to the books, will be the one to suggest scanning them.

I kept yelling at Monroe to rip the Grand Master's arm off.

I think going to Renard was a logical choice.  She doesn't know where his mom is and she probably would like some background information about this before she tells Nick.  (And that's an interesting thought about her de-Grimming Nick if they indulge in fleshly pleasures...)

• Love 1

These last two episodes were more violent than I like but the payoff was excellent. It shows how well the show works without Adalind and the Royals.

Wu fits right in and I'm glad he knows the truth.

Seeing Juliette and Renard alone in the same room still gives me uncomfortable flashbacks to that awful obsession story.

• Love 3

I liked this episode, though is it just me or it felt kind of slow? I kept thinking okay lets get to the final fight scene, mainly because it seemed like they were dragging out the trial.

Anyhow, the fight scene was really good. I like how they had everyone (well most of them) get at least one kill. I loved how Juliette used telekinesis and killed that guy. And that Rosalee and Monroe killed the head guy together.

And Bud as usual was great. I wonder if I was the only one hoping that he would say when asked if he has helped Nick, well I fixed his refrigerator.

Why was Wu in the trailer by himself, seemed kind of weird? And I'm glad Juliette seeked help from Renard, I do hope she tells Nick soon.

• Love 1
So, let me get this straight. They don't know Juliette is a hexenbiest, but they let her chase down wesen on her own. I mean, seriously?...

They also let Hank and Wu chase Wesen on their own and they have no known Wesen abilities. At least Juliette is more familiar with Wesen than Wu. They are relying on all three of them being good shots (which Juliette has been shown to be)

• Love 4

Anyone else scared that Wu is going to attract someone to the camper?  Or spill his drink on the books?  Or set the place on fire?

My bigger question is why does he have a key? It was implied Hank and Nick were in the car with Monroe and Rosalee at the time of Wu's french fryedness. This is supposed to be a secret trailer Nick occasionally moves to keep it's secretness. I get why Teresa had access on her own, but does Nick just give everyone he's let in on the secret a key? Seems very stupid to me.

I did not enjoy this episode at all. First: it was pretty telegraphed based on the tone of the show that they had no intention of killing anyone. For half a second I thought maybe Bud might bite the dust. But the big threat of danger that always wraps up with all the pals in the living room toasting and smiling and saying they love each other, on the one hand, that IS the tone of this show. So I guess I can't fault it for that? Except they keep trying to get me to believe this big!danger plots and I just can't. They've convinced me none of the regulars are actually in danger. Just waiting for whatever machinations to occur that they get out of it. And it's not even in a clever way, like a caper plot, where you know they'll get away but the fun is in how? Nope. There's no cleverness to it. The hate group is remarkably clingy to their rules. They let the guy talk for eons when they always intend to kill him. (Except they seemed to kill the other imprisoned guy a helluva lot faster, given the timeline of Monroe's previous escape attempt. So only main characters get long drawn out trials; the better to rescue you from, my dear.) They take their masks off every five seconds which defeats the purpose both of having them in the first place, and of the power of revealing them during the vote (ie I don't care if you see my face because you're about to die). Plus there are 20 of them and two holding Monroe and so when he starts to try to fight back he fights off the two (ok) and the other 20 extras just stand and watch and then the handful with speaking roles, delayed react run towards him. I am just so sick of this show with the 1 vs 10+ people/Wesen and the one successfully fights them all off, again, not out of any cleverly executed scheme, nor out of any amazing show of strength, but simply because the ones without lines just stand there while the fight breaks out. IE you won because the fight director choreographed it that way. It did start to make more sense when the whole crew showed up, with lots of guns, to fight off the rest, but bad guys still way outnumbered. Although they didn't seem to have guns, except for the grand master, so that helps.

But my biggest gripe is much smaller, but more annoying, and spans before this episode as well. So how common is the knowledge is the Wesen community about the concept of a Grimm being de-Grimmed? And how trusted is gossip? Because Bud spilled that Nick was de-Grimmed in the past and somehow every Wesen in Portland, despite never seeing it for himself, just plain believed it. Did the wedding guests see Nick sans sunglasses? And therefore know for sure he was de-Grimmed? I ask all of these questions because my number one annoyance was hearing all the hate-dudes see Nick and respond with surprise "You're a Grimm again?" I think this is a ridiculous response. Even if they totally believed what they'd heard and that he'd be reGrimmed, it's still basically coming from the Grapevine. Those who said something like "I thought you weren't...anymore..." with a scared look at the eyes, those were fine. But specifically every time someone said to him "You're a Grimm AGAIN?" to me, makes it seem like they have way more knowledge of the situation than they logically should. If you knew a guy were a Grimm, and you'd heard around town he'd been de-Grimmed, wouldn't it make more sense to see him still-Grimming that, oops, maybe the rumor was wrong? Why would you jump to that thing I heard happened but have no way of verifying really did must have not only happened but also been undone since I heard about it. Unless this is some super common occurrence, it strikes me sort of like hearing yesterday that someone were very ill and hospitalized and at death's door, and then today you see them running a 5k and concluding "you recovered!" instead of maybe concluding the description you heard had probably been exaggerated or plain incorrect. In the same way going straight to "you're a Grimm again" just strikes me as a very odd and not sensible reaction. These rituals were presented as rare and difficult to accomplish. I mean, I realize I'm making a weird argument because the way the tertiary characters have reacted accurately represents what actually occurred in the show, but that's my point: they're reacting like they have audience-level knowledge, not knowledge that it makes sense for those characters to have. That's why it bugs me. Again, unless I've completely misinterpreted how commonplace it is for a hexenbiest to remove a Grimm's powers and in turn for one to regain them.

Edited by theatremouse
  • Love 4