I liked it.
1. Brianna's trip through the stones and hurting herself and wandering through the countryside was believable - sure she tried to "prepare" as best she knew - she watched her mom, but can anyone REALLY understand what the past was really like unless you've been there? When she fell and was limping and she was trying to just get to the house she saw in the distance - and just collapsed, I felt that desperation, I felt that dawning realization of "oh my God, what did I do??". Well done there.
2. Loved that Joanie was so sweet, so when Brianna meets Marsali, she may cut her some slack and not go right into defense mode since her mom is a psycho. Also - so she can commiserate with her mom and dad - when Leghair is nice, she is really nice...and can swap to crazy in a snap...
3. Was happy to see Tobias and the glimpse that we get in the later books with his research and how much he knew. Also that Brianna didn't say she was going to go to England with him, and she felt guilt that she could have prevented his death - good background and things. I like how they add these little tidbits here and there, since we can't be inside their heads to know what they are thinking
4. Oh Roger - I adore Roger and was happy to see they left in him saving Morag and that he got to see Bonnet for who he was - yes, it was cruel to throw that child overboard, and yes that was probably the really only thing he could have done, but the callousness of it, and the tossing of the coin in the cargo hold - Roger didn't get to see the full on evil that Claire and Jamie got to witness, but he'll understand full well.
5. The scene at the doc - Lizzy - I understand why they aged her up, but they should have gotten someone shorter, b/c Brianna is supposed to be tall for a woman and "out of place" - she shouldn't blend in with all other women she comes in contact with. Oh well, she is hopefully a great actress that will bring the character to life - I wasn't a fan of Wee Ian till I got to see him act, and now he IS Ian to me, so I'll trust the casting people and let it go.
Next week: I'm so hoping they give us the Brianna/Jamie meeting and don't make us wait another week. We still have SO much to get through and not that many episodes left. And with added story line for Murtagh, I'm hoping not too much gets sacrificed.