Type keyword(s) to search

Whitney Thore: So She Thinks She Can Dance

• Start Topic

(edited)

Well her rock bottom is not going to be not being able to get a seatbelt around herself. She struggled with the seatbelt in the first season. I noticed that she now uses a seatbelt extender. 

Edited by PityFree
  • Love 2

The commercials for next week, we see Whitney in the St Patricks Day parade. She is riding a fucking SCOOTER. And people are shouting insults at her. Which of course, is unacceptable, but...why is she riding a scooter? She can't even walk along the parade route with her class? Are you kidding me? How many times must she humiliate herself?!

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

The commercials for next week, we see Whitney in the St Patricks Day parade. She is riding a fucking SCOOTER. And people are shouting insults at her. Which of course, is unacceptable, but...why is she riding a scooter? She can't even walk along the parade route with her class? Are you kidding me? How many times must she humiliate herself?!

In the previews it was shown she could barely get out of bed due to a pulled back muscle.  She was screaming for Buddy to help her.  I'm sure this is her excuse for having to ride a scooter in the parade.

• Love 4
Just now, Barb23 said:

In the previews it was shown she could barely get out of bed due to a pulled back muscle.  She was screaming for Buddy to help her.  I'm sure this is her excuse for having to ride a scooter in the parade.

Oh right, I forgot about that. I still suspect she was thrilled to have an excuse to go, go, go in her HoverRound. ;)

47 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

I guess we'll have to wait for next week, but my first thought when watching her call for Buddy was where is your man?? Again this Lennie dude always seems to be just out of her reach.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Brooklynista said:

I guess we'll have to wait for next week, but my first thought when watching her call for Buddy was where is your man?? Again this Lennie dude always seems to be just out of her reach.

You may have stumbled on the reason Whitney wants Lennie to move in: one more person around to save her from horrors of her own making!

• Love 4

The store stuff will end up in Glen's garage for decades. 

I think some marketer talked Whit into that selling that crap and she gets a small percentage. Same with the trademarked class. ..Big Girl, etc.   

Seriously who wd wear that?  I bet she gives it out as prizes on the cruise-- which I don't think will sell out. ....what person goes on a cruise and is careful about what they eat?  I imagine there will be alot of folks who would be afraid of getting judged on their plates and helpings or feel guilty abt indulging.  Then, again, I bet Whit will tell them that they will dance it off.....if they continuously dance for 24 hrs.  Obviously, dancing had worked for her weight control. 

No way that I wd pay for a cruise and not enjoy the food--to a point. I wd go for the relaxation,  pool, dancing in the clubs, entertainment, meeting people, shopping in port, drinking,  eating, and looking at scenery.   When I went on a cruise to Alaska's inner passage, I even did rock climbing on board, and participated in the exercise class 6 out of 10 days. Even big girls just want to have fun.  Oops, is "big girls" trademarked too?  Sue me, Whit. 

• Love 3

Another poster up thread had been at the parade and mentioned the scooter. What a joke, she is.  

Mo weight,  mo injuries. 

Mo TLC money,  mo medical accoutrements to help her move around.  

Bodies are not designed to carry 378 lbs. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Brooklynista said:

I thought the same thing when I was typing - why was she was calling for Buddy instead of Lennie? Then I thought this may have been frame that they showed her getting up around 3:00 am for the radio job.  Maybe Lennie didn't move in (does he ever?) so she had to call for her Boo Bear. (Or whatever she calls him). I agree with you, he does seem to be just out of her reach. 

21 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

I thought the same thing when I was typing - why was she was calling for Buddy instead of Lennie? Then I thought this may have been frame that they showed her getting up around 3:00 am for the radio job.  Maybe Lennie didn't move in (does he ever?) so she had to call for her Boo Bear. (Or whatever she calls him). I agree with you, he does seem to be just out of her reach. 

I think I got my scenes mixed up after reading another post.  I think she was calling for Buddy for help getting out of the shower not trying to get out of bed.  But for either scenario, where was her man?  

I wonder if Whitney has backed herself into a corner. I hate to doubt anyone's ability to change but at this point I doubt Whitney could put herself on track to lose weight w/o assistance. Now that she's branded herself with NoBS, can she get surgery without upsetting her base? Her whole theory is you can be fat and fab, but now the fat is killing get her.  

Can she still be NoBS and lose weight?

• Love 2

Whitney really has painted herself into a big old corner of her own making.  She's gonna need to have bariatric surgery or she's just gonna fall out.  I thought the skiing fiasco might have made her think, but no.  The not being able to get in Lennie's truck? Nah.

Feel sorry for her parents.

• Love 2

So....I'm sitting there the other day in my dentists office (boo!) when I saw this woman on something called "The Talk," and I thought....."wow, this is who should be repping the No Body Shame world."  She is definitely a bigger girl, but she looks so healthy to me, so vibrant, so much energy and vigor.  So well put together.  

And, in addition to being a fashion blogger, she is doing her own swimsuit line.

Which I think she looks great it

Gabifresh-on-the-real-1.jpg

images.jpg

images (1).jpg

• Love 6
46 minutes ago, momofsquid said:

I think that's what Whitney thinks she looks like.

Ha! Especially after calling herself "an hourglass with a whole lot of minutes!" in a promo for the show. I've never seen a globe shaped hourglass.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, PityFree said:

Ha! Especially after calling herself "an hourglass with a whole lot of minutes!" in a promo for the show. I've never seen a globe shaped hourglass.

More like a blueberry with a whole lot of juice :P

• Love 2
12 hours ago, RCharter said:

So....I'm sitting there the other day in my dentists office (boo!) when I saw this woman on something called "The Talk," and I thought....."wow, this is who should be repping the No Body Shame world."  She is definitely a bigger girl, but she looks so healthy to me, so vibrant, so much energy and vigor.  So well put together.  

And, in addition to being a fashion blogger, she is doing her own swimsuit line.

Which I think she looks great it

Gabifresh-on-the-real-1.jpg

images.jpg

images (1).jpg

I dunno, I think I smell photoshop in those bottom two photos.  No fat person is that solid.

• Love 1

Here's a video of Gabi doing that photoshoot that gives you a better idea of what she actually looks like. Still pretty solid with no real cellulite that you can see, but she does have some rolls. From my anecdotal experience, a lot of young, black women with plus-sized hourglass figures have pretty solid bodies and not really any cellulite.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, Pdxblonde said:

I agree with the Photoshop comment. There aren't any rolls or dimples or anything.

probably -- I did a photo shoot and I specifically asked to be photoshopped.  In fact, I demanded it before I booked anything.

Either way, even in the first picture I think she looks great...and the fact that she is even putting out a line of swimwear for big girls and modelling it is awesome to me.  Swimsuit models generally are a whole different breed.

• Love 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, M.F. Luder said:

Here's a video of Gabi doing that photoshoot that gives you a better idea of what she actually looks like. Still pretty solid with no real cellulite that you can see, but she does have some rolls. From my anecdotal experience, a lot of young, black women with plus-sized hourglass figures have pretty solid bodies and not really any cellulite.

Yeah even at my heaviest I didn't have rolls (I've always had BAD cellulite though). I have a theory that when you grow up heavy/overweight/obese etc it looks more "proportional" and less uncomfortable because your body kinda grew into it before you hit puberty. Also it may just be because people are used to you "big" so you don't look strange to anyone. 

When I was 200lbs in college I was so FIT And active, although I'm a lot taller than Whitney (5'7) Id love to get back there again. Being told I should weigh 156 feels like why even bother I can never get there, so I understand how Whitney feels, why TRY if you're always gonna be "obese"? Of course that's not the right attitude to have and I'd love to get back to that "strong" weight. Maybe Whitney should focus on getting to under 300lbs and see how she feels. 

Edited by Scarlett45
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Yeah even at my heaviest I didn't have rolls (I've always had BAD cellulite though). I have a theory that when you grow up heavy/overweight/obese etc it looks more "proportional" and less uncomfortable because your body kinda grew into it before you hit puberty. Also it may just be because people are used to you "big" so you don't look strange to anyone.

Yeah, I also think there's a big difference between being heavy young and being heavy older.  As we age we tend to start to gain weight in the fugliest ways and in places that we never gained it before.  I notice a lot of heavy young women are proportional with no big midsection or distended bellies, meanwhile older women gain mostly in the midsection so it looks all out of proportion and not so attractive.

• Love 2

I'm hoping that this is the correct place to post this...

So last night I was Googling for the original "Fat girl dancing" video because I had not seen it before.  I found it, but what followed it was truly HORRIFYING!

Immediately after the fat girl dancing video finished, a newer "updated" version played so I let it finish playing.  The next thing I see is a video with some guy "Fitty - something" (Not Fitty Cent) who is singing and whatnot, and there's good old Whitney dancing/acting alongside him.  Then a second video with Fitty-Whoever and her played....this one was even more horrific than the first!

Are you guys aware of this??   Boy she really dances "like no one is watching"!  She loves herself....which of course is great... but it was just shocking because in parts of the video it came across as making fun of her.  My perception, anyway1

Have any of you seen these videos??????  I closed the YouTube tab in the middle of the second video where she was licking frosting from the spatula that an older man/woman (couldn't tell!) was holding out to her...  ah... I need brain bleach.

P.S.  I played them with the sound off.  I'm too afraid to rewatch them with the sound on...I think she was singing or lip-syncing in one of them.

6 hours ago, ShowsILoveToHate said:

Are you guys aware of this??   Boy she really dances "like no one is watching"!  She loves herself....which of course is great... but it was just shocking because in parts of the video it came across as making fun of her.  My perception, anyway1

Have any of you seen these videos??????  I closed the YouTube tab in the middle of the second video where she was licking frosting from the spatula that an older man/woman (couldn't tell!) was holding out to her...  ah... I need brain bleach.

P.S.  I played them with the sound off.  I'm too afraid to rewatch them with the sound on...I think she was singing or lip-syncing in one of them.

Then I guess you didn't hear the parts where she was "singing".....I doubt it was her voice.

That was Fitty Smalz, rapper and fitness expert.  So they say, I have no idea who he is.

This article says they partnered for this to "raise awareness of body image".  Seriously?  I fail to see how that would be the result of this.

http://www.abnewswire.com/pressreleases/fitty-smallz-whitney-way-thore-partner-in-muffin-top-music-video-to-raise-awareness-of-body-image_12982.html

I don't even think Whitney cared what the message was as long as it brought attention to her as she is a total attention slut.  She is so delusional it doesn't surprise me that she could spin this in her mind to be something positive for her "no BS" campagin.  It did seem as though she was being told one thing but actually being made fun of, so that isn't just your perception!

• Love 1

What aggravates me about the fat girl dancing videos is the ones I've seen have obviously been edited so it makes me wonder just how long she can dance at one time.  This was not one continuous dance.

• Love 4

Rewatching the original video for the first time, probably since the show started. I wonder if she could do those moves now. Based on this past season, I think not.

• Love 2
(edited)
19 hours ago, ShowsILoveToHate said:

So last night I was Googling for the original "Fat girl dancing" video because I had not seen it before.  I found it, but what followed it was truly HORRIFYING!

Immediately after the fat girl dancing video finished, a newer "updated" version played so I let it finish playing.  The next thing I see is a video with some guy "Fitty - something" (Not Fitty Cent) who is singing and whatnot, and there's good old Whitney dancing/acting alongside him.  Then a second video with Fitty-Whoever and her played....this one was even more horrific than the first!

I had never heard of this before, but I couldn't help myself so I watched 'Gluteus Maximum'.  And then I watched 'Muffin Top.'  What bizarre videos!  They would've been weird but possibly fun without Whitney, but Whitney being there brought them to absurd heights.  I was massively uncomfortable watching, and I agree that Whitney doesn't care about any message--she just wants attention.

Edited by polandspring
13 hours ago, Snarklepuss said:

Then I guess you didn't hear the parts where she was "singing".....I doubt it was her voice.

That was Fitty Smalz, rapper and fitness expert.  So they say, I have no idea who he is.

This article says they partnered for this to "raise awareness of body image".  Seriously?  I fail to see how that would be the result of this.

http://www.abnewswire.com/pressreleases/fitty-smallz-whitney-way-thore-partner-in-muffin-top-music-video-to-raise-awareness-of-body-image_12982.html

I don't even think Whitney cared what the message was as long as it brought attention to her as she is a total attention slut.  She is so delusional it doesn't surprise me that she could spin this in her mind to be something positive for her "no BS" campagin.  It did seem as though she was being told one thing but actually being made fun of, so that isn't just your perception!

I agree 100% that she didn't care what the message was.  She really loves the attention and spotlight and doesn't seem to care how she gets it.   She'd have to be more than delusional to think those videos could be positive for her "No BS" campaign; what about the scene in the video where they have the thin women laying on a table and they're (she is) force-feeding the woman a cupcake?!?!?!?  "*NO* Body Shame", Whitney???  I think not, you big freaking fat hypocrite!

5 hours ago, DanaMB said:

What aggravates me about the fat girl dancing videos is the ones I've seen have obviously been edited so it makes me wonder just how long she can dance at one time.  This was not one continuous dance.

That was definitely not one continuous dance. And it was the same stupid moves over and over and over again that we see as being her "choreography".   "Dancer", my big fat Irish ass! 

4 hours ago, kar328 said:

Rewatching the original video for the first time, probably since the show started. I wonder if she could do those moves now. Based on this past season, I think not.

She was considerably less overweight in those videos and I doubt she could recreate those videos now, without cutting and editing many dance sessions together.

56 minutes ago, polandspring said:

I had never heard of this before, but I couldn't help myself so I watched 'Gluteus Maximum'.  And then I watched 'Muffin Top.'  What bizarre videos!  They would've been weird but possibly fun without Whitney, but Whitney being there brought them to absurd heights.  I was massively uncomfortable watching, and I agree that Whitney doesn't care about any message--she just wants attention.

Thank you! Absurd and bizarre are the same thoughts that I had about those videos.  Circus-freaks came to my mind, too, during the video where she's wearing the striped black and white shorts.  I felt uncomfortable watching too!  I felt like I was watching something that I shouldn't be watching.  She has no shame, period...  body or otherwise!

• Love 3
18 hours ago, ShowsILoveToHate said:

Thank you! Absurd and bizarre are the same thoughts that I had about those videos.  Circus-freaks came to my mind, too, during the video where she's wearing the striped black and white shorts.  I felt uncomfortable watching too!  I felt like I was watching something that I shouldn't be watching.  She has no shame, period...  body or otherwise!

She is so full of crap, who is she fooling?  She's never experienced a moment of shame in her entire life, fat-related or otherwise.  She is an attention-whore to the core!

• Love 3

Question for the dancers here: does Whitney seem to have a real knowledge of dance?  I was thinking of the two times I can remember her describing choreography, during the danceathon and when one of the students "stole" her class.  Either time she described the choreography like a lay-person would, in my mind: "his choreography has a lot of arms...it has arms here, arms there...she wanted to do some hips with some hands..."  It just doesn't sound the way a professional would talk about their field.  Thoughts?

• Love 2
(edited)

I would be more impressed with Whitney if she did "Fosse, Fosse, Fosse! You do Martha Graham, Martha Graham, Martha Graham! Or Twyla, Twyla, Twyla! Or Michael Kidd, Michael Kidd, Michael Kidd, Michael Kidd! Or Madonna, Madonna, Madonna!"

Now that's choreography. 

Whitney's style of dance just seems to be stuck at when you were a kid and your parents made you perform for the aunts and uncles after Thanksgiving dinner. 

Edited by Brooklynista
  • Love 10
(edited)

Fosse, Fosse, Fosse!  Loved Robin Williams!  Thank you,  Brookynista! 

Whit doesn't have a clue about choreography.  I doubt she could even spell it. 

Frankly,  I was embarrassed for Whit when she and her friend,  Todd, "danced" in front of her mom and dad,  asking them who could shake it better...first season. Ewww. 

Edited by Tosia
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, polandspring said:

Question for the dancers here: does Whitney seem to have a real knowledge of dance?  I was thinking of the two times I can remember her describing choreography, during the danceathon and when one of the students "stole" her class.  Either time she described the choreography like a lay-person would, in my mind: "his choreography has a lot of arms...it has arms here, arms there...she wanted to do some hips with some hands..."  It just doesn't sound the way a professional would talk about their field.  Thoughts?

I imagine there is a significant amount of re-writing her personal history as she gets older and heavier. I strongly doubt her dancing in high school was as terrific as she implies.*  Watching Whitney teach her class, I see no trace of any formally instilled dance technique, not ballet, not jazz, not contemporary, not folk, not ballroom, not Latin, not hip-hop, not . . . well, you get the idea. She has a few club moves (wiggle, wiggle, wiggle!) and a few aerobic moves (march in place, reach to the right, reach to the left!) and that's about the sum total of her skill set. It doesn't even seem as if she's making any effort to take classes herself (other than the one tap class?) If there is one thing a dancer does that makes him or her a dancer, it is constant training, constant practice and constant striving to maintain and improve what the body can do.

*I recalled an article or interview where she said she gained over 100 lbs her freshman year in college and failed all her dance classes..

• Love 6

I discovered that all the episodes are on Hulu, so I was curious and am watching the series premiere again. WOW. First of all, she looks like she has gained a ton of weight since then, although she says she is 380 in this premiere. Bad body composition, I guess. Second, back then she actually WANTED to lose weight, talking about how it is important for her health. Amazing how much she has changed for the worse.

• Love 4
On 7/3/2016 at 3:17 PM, ShowsILoveToHate said:

here they have the thin women laying on a table and they're (she is) force-feeding the woman a cupcake?!?!?!?  "*NO* Body Shame", Whitney???  I think not, you big freaking fat hypocrite!

Wow, that is very telling.  Not that I ever bought into her campaign.   I have never seen any of her videos but just from watching the show its clear to me she is very needy for 24/7 attention. Beyond the attention, basically she just wants to eat a lot and make a lot of excuses for it.    Eating in the car is cannot be attributed to PCOS. I am going to assume that pasta is not listed among the literature about PCOS either.

So, if she thinks its ok to shame a thin person.   She also outed her real character with her continued mean treatment of the woman who taught her class.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Ketzel said:

Watching Whitney teach her class, I see no trace of any formally instilled dance technique, not ballet, not jazz, not contemporary, not folk, not ballroom, not Latin, not hip-hop, not . . . well, you get the idea. She has a few club moves (wiggle, wiggle, wiggle!) and a few aerobic moves (march in place, reach to the right, reach to the left!) and that's about the sum total of her skill set.

This is exactly the type of analysis I was looking for.  I would assume that a professional in any field would have more specific language than just "there are some hands and some hips", which is what I would probably say as a non-dancer if asked to describe a dance style.  This information combined with the fact that there's so little actual cardio in her choreography (as opposed to turns and arm movements) makes me think she can't even be taken seriously as a part-time suburban dance instructor. 

• Love 3
12 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

I discovered that all the episodes are on Hulu, so I was curious and am watching the series premiere again. WOW. First of all, she looks like she has gained a ton of weight since then, although she says she is 380 in this premiere. Bad body composition, I guess. Second, back then she actually WANTED to lose weight, talking about how it is important for her health. Amazing how much she has changed for the worse.

She seems to like to keep tossing numbers out there about how much she's gained (and at one time, had lost) in her life and I am convinced she's had a major weight gain since the show started.  I would be shocked/not shocked if that 100-150lbs she keeps harping on has occurred yet again, between seasons 2 and 3 (her current season).  She looks massively monumental to me, her arms are nearly swallowed up by her girth.  I don't mean that in a horrible way, I am just absolutely shocked at her sheer size difference, especially every time she does a talking head bit.  In another thread, someone compared her to looking more and more like an heirloom tomato, I can't shake that image now.  If I were a better, I'd bet dollars to donuts that she is well over 400lbs now.

• Love 1

I refuse to watch those videos! :)

Part of Whitney's problem is that her idea of making "healthy changes" is to, very rarely, do some athletic event that is far beyond her capabilities, struggle her way through it puking and fainting, then call herself "fit and fat" while eating tuna and noodles. Unfortunately, the athletic events that she chooses are...not supposed to be that hard. And instead of seeing the difficulties she has as signs that she needs to change, she views her victories as signs that she is doing everything right. The average 32-year-old SHOULD be able to walk a 5K, dance at a low intensity for a few hours (if they are experienced dancers), walk up some stairs, ride a bicycle for several miles, etc. The fact that she can barely eke these things out (and sometimes cannot even manage them) should be a major problem for her, but she has no clue.

• Love 5

The average 32-year-old SHOULD be able to walk a 5K, dance at a low intensity for a few hours (if they are experienced dancers), walk up some stairs, ride a bicycle for several miles, etc. The fact that she can barely eke these things out (and sometimes cannot even manage them) should be a major problem for her, but she has no clue.

Shoot - I'm a few years short of 60 and overweight, and I can do ALL those things listed above without a problem.  I get my 10,000 steps in most days, and did the Disney 5K in Orlando 2 years ago just fine, heat and humidity included.  Twit is going to have a short life, at this rate.

• Love 7

And I know several people who can't do any of those things due to medical issues. If you are healthy enough to walk a 5K , consider yourself blessed, I can't do it because of spine issues and that's OK too. You can't judge people by what you think they should do. Needing to lose weight is one thing, but the idea that something is wrong with you as a human if you can't physically do something, is wrong.

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, Madding crowd said:

And I know several people who can't do any of those things due to medical issues. If you are healthy enough to walk a 5K , consider yourself blessed, I can't do it because of spine issues and that's OK too. You can't judge people by what you think they should do. Needing to lose weight is one thing, but the idea that something is wrong with you as a human if you can't physically do something, is wrong.

Oh absolutely, there is nothing wrong with not being able to do these things because of health concerns, I said the average 32-year-old to indicate someone of normal health and fitness. Whitney insists that she is fit, so she should definitely be able to do those tasks.

• Love 5

Whitney seems to think that getting "fit" means exercise but even at that she's failing miserably.  Unfortunately she won't even be able to DO the exercise unless she loses weight, and we all know that exercise alone is never going to help her lose any weight.  Plus all the exercise in the world at her weight isn't going to counteract the effect of the weight and make her fit or healthy.  She keeps avoiding the inevitable diet that she'll need to go on for her to reap any benefits from the exercise so of course she continues to gain weight, not lose.  And eventually she'll have to hit rock bottom if she continues gaining.

• Love 6
On ‎7‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 6:27 PM, ShowsILoveToHate said:

On ‎7‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 2:17 PM, Brooklynista said:

Whitney's style of dance just seems to be stuck at when you were a kid and your parents made you perform for the aunts and uncles after Thanksgiving dinner. 

I finally saw the original.  The adjectives amateurish, vulgar, awkward and childish come to mind but I think ShowsILoveToHate said it best....Horrifying.

And Brooklynista - you nailed it!  Yes.  As someone who has been held hostage while viewing a friends' precious little cupcake's video of a school 'rap dance' contest I agree completely.  We were late for dinner because cupcake just had to go get her portable "floor" and tap dance for us.  Come to think of it - cupcake had quite a bit more talent than Whitney and believe me, I'm not complimenting cupcake.

Sheesh.

23 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

I agree that there are medical conditions which would preclude people from doing any of these things.  Thing is, the ONLY medical condition that Twit has been shown to have that would preclude her from doing any of these things is her morbid obesity.  She is otherwise a healthy young woman.  But she won't be for long, if she doesn't make changes.  She's already having back problems, and is headed for Hover-Round City in her very near future.  The next step after that is bed bound with pee pads, like her sister-in-attitude Penny.  What's her life going to be like, once TLC takes their cameras and go home?  Who will be giving her sponge baths and wiping her butt?  Feeding her?  Housing her?  She's already so big that neither Glenn nor Babs could move her to change her pee pads.  So yes, I do worry about her and want her to get healthy enough to take care of her own darn self.  Including putting on her own shoes.

• Love 9