Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E09: 50 Shades Of Shade

• Start Topic

Can I just say?: I don't care if Roger Bobb, Jimbobb, or NinnyBobb's, any double "b" bob's "D" is on point. It might have been relevant 20/30 years ago. It's not cute now. Ugh.

And 7 or 8 years? Off and on? Don't bitch about it. Didn't Demetria have a child during this time, too? Miss me with that mess. You both did it. Get a Cheerios and I might listen. Don't get mad if I play my Smurf's album in the background, though.

And as far as the Kenya/Porsha thing? Kenya acted like an ass. She totally showed out for the paycheck. Porsha jumped. They were both wrong. Only one broke the law, though. It was reported and the State has taken over the charges. It probably would have been buried and forgotten, until the latest arrest. Tacky mess, that 30 something year old child made for herself.

• Love 3

My guess is that Nene was only offered the wicked stepmother role and the other two were thrown in by her agent to make it look like Nene is in demand. I agree with another poster that there is no way Nene or her agent would pass up the Chicago role. This scene is reminiscent of the one where Nene claims to have turned down hundreds of roles including one on Scandal. Yeah...riiight, except...NO!

Nene did acknowledge Claudia. She just didn't "Hey gurl" her because it's obvious she doesn't like her. We are allowed to not like people, it's not breaking any law. Sometimes people just rub you the wrong way. Why be fake about it and act like you do like them? Then you're being misleading. It's not like she called Claudia the "b" word and spit on her. We don't know, maybe the first time Claudia and Nene met, Claudia was dismissive of Nene. It could be anything, but people are allowed to have their own feelings about another person.

Not only was it unlikely that Nene was "offered" those roles (maybe she was offered an audition), she sounds a fool discussing her "brand." IIRC, the Chicago role is also a wicked woman (a corrupt corrections officer) and all three roles called for dancing, singing and acting.

Some people believe that politeness is "phony," and that the recipient will be lulled into thinking that you "like" them if you extend simple courtesy and some people do not. Nene is nearly 50 years old, she is not as cute as she thinks or as successful as she thinks (what was with those blonde curls in her TH - does she think she's Shirley Temple now?) and Claudia has had some success as a show business personality. Why needlessly antagonize people you barely know?

By the way, Kandi's look in her TH's is just awful, awful, awful.

• Love 8

Love American Dad Roger! Wasn't this pic from the episode where he was trying to get sexually harassed & his in-disguise last name was "VanderBooben"? Lol!

YAH! An American Dad fan! Roger is one of my favorite character and the only one Seth MacFarlane every created worth a damn. Your right about the episode.  It is one of my favorites.

Not only was it unlikely that Nene was "offered" those roles (maybe she was offered an audition), she sounds a fool discussing her "brand." IIRC, the Chicago role is also a wicked woman (a corrupt corrections officer) and all three roles called for dancing, singing and acting.

Agree with all of this. Notice how the Cinderella role was the which was most discussed. This was probably filmed after she was notified that she got the part. Has anyone heard anything about Nene's performance. Can she sing? Can she dance?

But I have to say how prestigious could that production of Chicago have been if Wendy Williams was cast? Wendy has admitted to not being much of a dancer and I know her ass can't sing. Chicago is an amazing musical but it seems like this one is about that stunt casting. Nene is a prideful woman who will cut off her nose to spite her face (insert plastic surgery joke here) so I wouldn't be surprised to find out that she didn't want to follow in the footsteps of Wendy Williams (who she has beef with) who played that role in Chicago in 2013. 

Edited by islandgal140
  • Love 3
They do work right next to each other, and with the same guy... Ricky Smiley. Just a minor thing, but I can see them running into each other in the hallway or restroom every day.

Thing is, I work right around the corner from a co-worker that I don't know that well who just rubs me the wrong way.  I will say "Hi" if we pass in the halls but that is about all she will get out of me.  If she suddenly wanted to invite me to lunch to talk about getting together with another person I really don't like, I will have a problem with that. A big problem.  Probably wouldn't even show up and would think the woman daft for even inviting me to anything. 

This is where I feel Porsha stands with Claudia.  They really don't know each other.  Claudia is friends with Kenya, the person who has caused Porsha a lot of grief, and then she suddenly invites Porsha to lunch to get her to talk to Kenya.  You just don't take those kinds of liberties with a co worker you don't know or have just met. 

To me, Claudia is trying way too hard to be part of the gang, per se.  Some will take to her and just shrug off her neediness, but others (Nene for one) will be totally put off by it.

Edited by Aging Goth
  • Love 5

I have to give props to Claudia for being able to keep a straight face while complimenting Kandi on her (non-existent) decorating skills.

So Cynthia finally confirmed what we already knew: she's the one financing a string of losing ventures for Peter. I almost choked when she claimed the new Bar One location was the up and coming Bourbon Street. Call me sometime Cynthia, I have some oceanfront property in the desert I need to unload. Honestly I thought the location was horrible. It didn't look like an area that had a lot of businesses or foot traffic.

Apollo, just go away already.

• Love 9

I still maintain that if I were Cynthia I would not invest any more money in Peter's ventures until he took some business classes and worked for a large chain bar/restaurant to get some knowledge of how to be profitable in the hospitality industry. 

• Love 5

Nene did acknowledge Claudia.  She just didn't "Hey gurl" her because it's obvious she doesn't like her.  We are allowed to not like people, it's not breaking any law.  Sometimes people just rub you the wrong way.  Why be fake about it and act like you do like them?  Then you're being misleading.  It's not like she called Claudia the "b" word and spit on her.   We don't know, maybe the first time Claudia and Nene met, Claudia was dismissive of Nene.  It could be anything, but people are allowed to have their own feelings about another person.

I don't think it's fake to be cordial.  Nene didn't have to hug her or treat her like her best bud, but there is no reason to be dismissive and rude.  And, she was incredibly rude. We can speculate that Claudia was rude to NeNe behind the scenes, but nothing I have seen of Claudia so far leads me to believe she acts that way. I can only go by what I saw on screen, and what I saw was NeNe acting like an ass.  Plus, this seems to be a pattern with her when it comes to new cast members.  She was rude to Phaedra, Porsha, and Kandi during their first seasons.  This whole keeping it real argument always reminds me of the Dave Chappelle skit, "When keeping it real goes wrong".  Being polite doesn't mean a person is fake.  

Looks like next week, NeNe will be calling another woman a whore.  Yay!  More slut shaming!

• Love 11
Nene did acknowledge Claudia.  She just didn't "Hey gurl" her because it's obvious she doesn't like her.  We are allowed to not like people, it's not breaking any law.  Sometimes people just rub you the wrong way.  Why be fake about it and act like you do like them?

Manners?

Seriously, though, every single day most of us interact with at least one person we really don't care for for one reason or another.  You just suck it up and act like a disinterested stranger.  Comment on the weather.  Exchange pleasantries and move on along.  Not that hard.  The traditional exceptions are if the bitch has slept with your husband, stolen from your company, etc etc.  

I will say that NeNe can sing -- way back when when Tardy for the Party was being put together, and NeNe was slamming Kim's voice, she sang a few times.  Mockingly, but you could tell she has a voice.  

I too give Porsha unexpected credit for acknowledging the gal on the table.  It was an awkward situation but Porsha handled it beautifully.  Manners!

Edited by kassa
  • Love 2

Demetria's response was as sad and pathetic as her video release party... that Roger Bobb, as her manager and supposed boyfriend, did not bother to attend.  Please girl, you are not even his favorite client, forget about future wife material  Also, does she really believe that everyone is after Roger Bobb because he is a mogul on the same level as Jay-Z?  Where was all this sass when she fled from the party almost in tears?  Luckily she will have Roger Bobb's exquisite D to comfort her.

Edited to add:  Did you guys notice how quiet Roger Bobb is being?  I have not noticed any responses from him confirming that Demetria and him are in an exclusive relationship.

Did I see that next week, Nene thinks Claudia is jealous because she is married to Greg? I hate how this show makes it seem like married and single women are enemies.  I would rather be single then married to an Apollo or Peter (or Greg, for that matter, who I think cheated on his former wife to be with stripper Nene).

Edited by qtpye
  • Love 4

Did I see that next week, Nene thinks Claudia is jealous because she is married to Greg? I hate how this show makes it seem like married and single women are enemies.  I would rather be single then married to an Apollo or Peter (or Greg, for that matter, who I think cheated on his former wife to be with stripper Nene).

This probably goes back to the "I have a HUZZbin and you DON'T" mentality many people seem to have.  I'd rather be alone than to be with somebody like Apollo.

I think there are 2 camps of people: one who thinks being cordial to someone you don't like is fake and phony and the other who believes being cordial to someone you don't like is just being mannerable...doesn't mean you like or are BFFs with the person.

I obviously belong to the 2nd camp.  There are a lot of people I don't like and a lot of people who associate with people I don't like.  For me, being rude/dismissive/keepin' it real with them only invites drama....drama they may crave.

All Nene had to do, again, was say hello to Claudia in a neutral, pleasant tone and keep it moving.  If Claudia then comes at Nene trying to be "friends" or whatever, Nene could say, in a neutral, pleasant tone, that Claudia associates with people she doesn't care for and thus can't trust her and doesn't want to be bothered with her.  I've had to tell people this several times.  They're offended but oh, well. They'll get over it and they will deal.

By Nene "keepin' it real" with Claudia, she gave Claudia a storyline and thus a chance to stay on the show.  What has Claudia's storyline up to now been?

• Drinking out of Solo cups on the floor
  • Looking at (not buying) furniture
  • Looking at Kenya with a side eye as Kenya moaned over poached peaches
  • Explaining her biracial heritage
  • Confronting Porsha over icing her out at the Rickey Smiley Studios

And I will say Porsha handled Claudia in a better way than Nene did, IMO.  Porsha wasn't nasty to her but let her know in no uncertain terms she won't be rocking with her.  The putting on of the lotion was rude but it wasn't nasty.

Nene was nasty.  And stupid, because she quenched Claudia's thirst.

• Love 5

Actually, Nene cleared it up with Greg's sons that Greg met her after he separated from his wife.  As for the jealousy part.  I'm with you in that.  However, both Claudia and Kenya's conversations is what man they can get and marry and the only stable marriage on that show right now is Greg and Nene.  Even Demetria is hoping RB puts a ring on it.  The only single woman on this show who isn't looking for a Huzzbin, is Porsha.

• Love 2

I put this on the "Just Peachy" thread, but since we're talking about women looking for "huzzbins" here is my take:

I'm so annoyed with so many of the women on this show.  Smart women vet men and chose wisely when they want a father for their children.  It pains me that an intelligent woman like Phaedra chose someone like Apollo.  It's like these women don't even think of dating or marrying men who are not black.

What women like Claudia and Kenya need to realize is that the black men they want, the millionaires, have a HUGE pool of women to choose from.  Black men who are millionaires marry and date who they want to; they don't feel they have to be "loyal" to black women, and that's okay.  But it pains me when I see women like Phaedra who were probably schooled with "you have to marry a black man" no matter who he is, the most important thing is that he is black.  The problem is that the black men didn't get the same memo that black women got, that said, "you have to marry a black woman."  I think people who date and marry who they choose, but goodness, was Apollo the best thing Phaedra could find?

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 2
It pains me that an intelligent woman like Phaedra chose someone like Apollo.  It's like these women don't even think of dating or marrying men who are not black.

All you have to do is watch ID Channel's "Who the *&T% did I Marry?" and you will have your answer.   Most of these women are highly intelligent and have some of the most high powered careers and they still fall for the jerks, con men, criminals, and terrorists.  It doesn't even matter if they do marry out of their race, they still find the jerks, con men, criminals, etc.  The problem is most women see with their hearts and not with their heads.

Give her time, that Nigerian guy she's been emailing is bound to pay up and fly her over any day now. :)

He must have flown completely by her as she is now proportedly dating a footballer, now.  She states on her facebook page that she is just enjoying the dating scene and not really looking for marriage.

• Love 1

This brings me to the sad conclusion that this show just cannot live up to it's title anymore

Nene and Greg are together and are now the longest married couple on the show.  Even at that, they were divorced for a few months before remarrying.  At least they are both from Georgia

Cynthia and Peter have had a rather volatile marriage from the beginning.  Momma drama, sister drama, marital fights, and threats of cheating and no respect.  neither are from Georgia

Phaedra and Apollo, only been married 3-4 years if that long and he's back in jail.  Their marriage was pretty much on the rock already and she is preparing to divorce him.  They are from Georgia

Kandi and Todd appear to be in love but her momma drama and her need to control may just run him away.  They haven't been married a year but at least Kandi is from Georgia

Porsha and Kordell divorced during her first season on the show.  He was controlling and she wanted to be more independent.  She is now single but is rather private about her romantic life.  I believe she is from Georgia

Kenya has never been married, doesn't appear to be dating, and is not from Georgia

Claudia has been married and divorced, not sure if she's dating and is not from Georgia

Demetria is in a long term relationship but has never been married and is not from Georgia.

Sad bunch of "House Wives?"

Edited by Aging Goth
  • Love 4

Mr. absolutqt always feigns uninterest when RHOA is on but he stopped in his tracks for the RogerBobb bomb that Gocha dropped on Dimitria's pitiful ass. True, she painted a target on herself by bragging on the exquisite D (ewww) but that was some ruthless shit Smurfette

pulled. Remember that German soldier in Saving Private Ryan who sloooowly pushed in that knife on the American? That's what 'ol girl did to Dimitria---smirked while she gutted her. But I damn sure wouldn't have gotten up and walked out. You can't let a bitch know she drew blood.

These random supporting characters are certainly bringing the drama this season.

• Love 10

There isn't a thirst more real than the one NeNe has for the smell of her own ass. Good grief.

Kenya dodged her own bullet when the RogerBobb bomb dropped right before her turn to speak about her love life.

I'm diggin' Claudia, so far. That shade she throws next week regarding the mess on NeNe's head is bloop.fucking.licious.

• Love 9

By Nene "keepin' it real" with Claudia, she gave Claudia a storyline and thus a chance to stay on the show.  What has Claudia's storyline up to now been?

Drinking out of Solo cups on the floor

Looking at (not buying) furniture

Looking at Kenya with a side eye as Kenya moaned over poached peaches

Explaining her biracial heritage

Confronting Porsha over icing her out at the Rickey Smiley Studios

Aw, how could you forget her grandma and her jacked up feet?  I know it isn't much, but it did endear me to her a little bit. I'll put up with her, just to see more of her granny.  She was the anti-MJ.

• Love 3

I don't understand Nene's brush off of Kenya. Literally I don't understand the point she was trying to make. They had just met up and cleared the air. I know they're not best friends or anything. But was her intention? To embarrass Kenya? To assert her Queen B status? I find Nene to be fun and extremely charismatic, and I could literally watch her read a phone book, but her behavior here was unimpressive and childish to me.

I think Nene's intention was to not be fake.  Kenya was told she would not be getting hugs and kisses from Nene because they are not friends.  They are co-workers who can now be cordial to each other when they are in the same space, not bosom buddies.  She told the same thing to Cynthia. Kenya just wants a reason to make herself the center of attention.  "Oh, look at me!  Nene didn't hug me!  Did everyone see that Nene didn't hug and fake kiss me?!"  What a pill!

Being polite doesn't mean a person is fake.

I disagree wholeheartedly with this.  If it is a person that you just don't like, being cordial is absolutely being fake.  Polite...but fake nonetheless. 

Nene was nasty.  And stupid, because she quenched Claudia's thirst.

I didn't think Nene was being nasty.  She acknowledged that she had met Claudia before.  I don't think there was anything nasty about that.

Edited by swankie
  • Love 3

I disagree wholeheartedly with this.  If it is a person that you just don't like, being cordial is absolutely being fake.  Polite...but fake nonetheless.

Well, since I was talking about NeNe's reaction to Claudia, I don't see how this applies.  What has Claudia done to NeNe?  It's not fake to be polite to people you hardly know. 

Edited by CatMomma
  • Love 4

All you have to do is watch ID Channel's "Who the *&T% did I Marry?" and you will have your answer.   Most of these women are highly intelligent and have some of the most high powered careers and they still fall for the jerks, con men, criminals, and terrorists.  It doesn't even matter if they do marry out of their race, they still find the jerks, con men, criminals, etc.  The problem is most women see with their hearts and not with their heads.

The thing is, you can be President of the United States and still be a jerk.  Bill Clinton cheated on his wife and JFK was famous for cheating on Jackie.  Thomas Jefferson had kids with his slave outside of his marriage.  You can marry the most prestigious man on the planet and he can still turn out to be a jerk. 

• Love 2

The thing is, you can be President of the United States and still be a jerk.  Bill Clinton cheated on his wife and JFK was famous for cheating on Jackie.  Thomas Jefferson had kids with his slave outside of his marriage.  You can marry the most prestigious man on the planet and he can still turn out to be a jerk. 

Bill Clinton and Thomas Jefferson weren't convicted felons. Cheating doesn't even compare to what Apollo did in his past.

• Love 2

Well, since I was talking about NeNe's reaction to Claudia, I don't see how this applies. What has Claudia done to NeNe? It's not fake to be polite to people you hardly know.

In her TH, she said that she was dismissive on purpose, so people would know she wasn't their "friend."

There are people I know who have gone out of their way to piss on me and yet want to embrace me in front of others. So I get the "phony" thing. But Nene was nasty for no reason other than to demonstrate her own "superiority"; the coming attractions indicate that she has no beef with Claudia other than she is a "whore" and unmarried.

It's pretty clear that Nene would dump Greg in a minute to look like Claudia. What else is the point of the nose job, the constant blonde wigs and the lighter and lighter foundation? She's a damn sad woman, who seems to possess no joy.

The definition of "phony" is Nene on a talk show pretending she has couth.

Edited by SFoster21
  • Love 9

Bill Clinton and Thomas Jefferson weren't convicted felons. Cheating doesn't even compare to what Apollo did in his past.

But cheating does make you a jerk which is one of the descriptions Aging Goth used to describe the men intelligent women fall for and is what I was commenting on.

Aw, how could you forget her grandma and her jacked up feet?

Seeing Claudia's feet cracked me up.  It made me think of Eddie Murphy's character Marcus in the movie Boomerang.  He wouldn't date a woman if her feet were jacked up.  Claudia definitely has "Hammer Time" going on in her shoes.  LOL!

Edited by swankie
  • Love 1

There are people I know who have gone out of their way to piss on me and yet want to embrace me in front of others. So I get the "phony" thing. But Nene was nasty for no reason other than to demonstrate her own "superiority"; the coming attractions indicate that she has no beef with Claudia other than she is a "whore" and unmarried.

I guess that's what I don't get.  Does making someone feel lesser mean that you aren't "fake"?  I just don't see how being incredibly rude makes a person genuine. To me, it just makes for a nasty person who lacks empathy. There is a line between "fuck you" and "bless your heart".

And, yup, I am so tired of the "whore and unmarried" shit.  Let's not forget that NeNe was celebrating her single status a few seasons ago.  And, seeing NeNe around some of her more connected friends, she knows how to turn it on.  

But cheating does make you a jerk which is one of the descriptions Aging Goth used to describe the men intelligent women fall for and is what I was commenting on.

Absolutely. My point is that in the case of Clinton (probably not Jefferson, but it was a different time), the women went into the marriage not knowing he would be a jerk. Phaedra married Apollo knowing about his past.

• Love 4

Seeing Claudia's feet cracked me up. It made me think of Eddie Murphy's character Marcus in the movie Boomerang. He wouldn't date a woman if her feet were jacked up. Claudia definitely has "Hammer Time" going on in her shoes. LOL!

I was thinking the same thing, Swankie!

Claudia is honest about it, but I doubt that a single one of these women marching around in five inch heels have better feet. Those corns disappear on their own once you wear the right shoes for awhile.

• Love 3
Absolutely. My point is that in the case of Clinton (probably not Jefferson, but it was a different time), the women went into the marriage not knowing he would be a jerk. Phaedra married Apollo knowing about his past.

Go figure!  Why do some women correspond with and sometimes actually marry convicted serial killers?  I believe something in them believes that the men really love them and will change JUST FOR THEM!  Unfortunately for Phaedra, he didn't change.

Also, does she really believe that everyone is after Roger Bobb because he is a mogul on the same level as Jay-Z?

It sounds like she name-drops him because she thinks he's that famous, but a) he ain't, and b) his full name sounds country as hell. That's not his fault, but still.

My coworker just married her boyfriend of ten years, but she met him when she was 20 and they've been living together for five years and own a house together. And to my knowledge there were no break-ups in that time. If you are dating someone one and off for damn near a decade and people haven't heard of you, you need to look at your choices.

Apollo is a fool, and that's that. I liked seeing Phaedra recognized for her accomplishments.

• Love 2

I guess that's what I don't get.  Does making someone feel lesser mean that you aren't "fake"?  I just don't see how being incredibly rude makes a person genuine. To me, it just makes for a nasty person who lacks empathy. There is a line between "fuck you" and "bless your heart".

I wholeheartedly agree Catmomma. I was legitimately curious as to what Nene's intentions were in being rude to both Claudia and Kenya. Since Nene was just yukking it up with Kenya last episode yelling, "we're friends! we're friends!" a simple, "hello how are you?" doesn't seem any more fake to me. And even so, I'd rather have someone fakely greet me than to embarrass me in front of a room full of people, pretending they were too good to ask me how I'm doing! I understand that his is a MMV situation and its nice to hear both sides of the issue because I've never been in this particular situation (thank God)! I hereby promise to move on from beating this particular dead horse!

Claudia doesn't have any major story lines, but these days many of the HWs get by without any major compelling storylines. Here's one viewer who doesn't mind watching her!

Greg is such an irritating character. Apollo is a jerk. Peter is a scammer and verbally abusive (I did not like the way that he raised his voice to Ms. Cynthia). I would be on board with getting rid of all of these huzzbins! Todd can stay (though Joyce will run him off regardless).

Edited by Granimal
  • Love 2

I am going straight to hell for fat-shaming.  But did Cynthia get butt-implants or something?  Her ass is a mile wide and covering it with some nasty floral pant-suit that looked like she'd gotten wedged in Mrs Doubtfire's chintz-armchair and was carting it around with her didn't help either.

And PS, Peter, you lucky, lucky man.  You found the one woman in Atlanta who is stupid enough to fall for your line of shit and underwrite your vanity bars.  When the money is gone, you'll be gone.  And I'm sure you'll be telling her it's because she's gotten too fat/forgotten how to dress/wears too much make-up and it's all her fault.  The sad thing is, she'll believe you.

• Love 10

But did Cynthia get butt-implants or something?

I didn't want to be the one to say it.  It really caught my eye a couple episodes back (the one where she was disguised as a male nerd to meet Porsha for lunch).  My first thought when Cynthia walked away from hour-late Porsha was "full diaper."  Even gross Kithe shaded her when she was grasping to be in his pretend runway show.  I think we may get a get-out-of-hell-free card, quaintirene, because Cynthia sure has seemed impressed with herself this season.  And I think you're spot-on about her and Peter.

• Love 5

From what I remember, Nene did greet Kenya but then shut her down when she leaned in for a hug and/or kiss on the cheek.

As Nene should have, because Kenya hugging/kissing on her is fake and phony.  Being polite/cordial to someone ISN'T.

For example, there's a dude in my office building who used to be my manager.  He tried (and failed) to fire me from our previous workplace.  He tried to get my current manager not to hire me (he doesn't know that I know this).  Now his business has moved to the same office building as my business, and since he likes to smoke outside of the front entrance all day, every day, I have to see this fool.

I'm polite/cordial to him...and that's it.  Hello & have a nice day is about as much as he'll get from me. He tried to strike up conversations with me as if nothing ever happened, just skinnin' & grinnin' in my face.  He got a polite, Oh...ok, that's nice, good day.  I'm not giving him an opening to create drama.  Knowing what you're all about, keeping you at arms length but being polite to you anyway IS keepin' it real.  It's not fake or phony.  I'm not being polite/cordial for YOU, I'm being polite/cordial for ME.

What's fake and phony are Cynthia & Kenya, knowing Nene has called for them to be fired in print & film, still trying to skin & grin in Nene's face.  I don't know about you, but I'm not trying to yuk it up with anyone who wants to end my employment.  And yet Nene wasn't nasty to them at Kandi's party as she was to Claudia. 

Nene has the right not to like anyone for any reason. She DOESN'T have the right to be nasty to somebody and not expect them to clap back at her.  From what I've heard, Claudia's read of Nene was so good it got her promoted to a peach instead of "friend of" so Nene might've run up on another Sheree.  We'll see.

• Love 2

In her TH, she said that she was dismissive on purpose, so people would know she wasn't their "friend."

It's pretty clear that Nene would dump Greg in a minute to look like Claudia. What else is the point of the nose job, the constant blonde wigs and the lighter and lighter foundation? She's a damn sad woman, who seems to possess no joy.

The definition of "phony" is Nene on a talk show pretending she has couth.

The horse is on life support, I promise.   Thank you for articulating why this was not a show of her sincere feelings but real shade.   It takes more effort, more words and more tone to lightweight hand wave and say oh we've met before than it does to issue an expressionless "dry hi" and resume your conversation. Wanna dismiss a bish?  Fine, give her a bruh-nod or say nothing at all.  But she needs to talk to her girl Phaedra about pulling off cool, aloof and indifferent looking, she's not a good enough actress to do that unassisted.  Sad because even though I never really liked Nene, she was more fun and easy going.   That self important thing just isn't a good look on anybody but especially not when it's unjustified.

Jaync said:There isn't a thirst more real than the one NeNe has for the smell of her own ass. Good grief.

Announcergirl says: Smells like Pumkash.

I guffawed.  out loud.  in a meeting.

• Love 2

the one where she was disguised as a male nerd to meet Porsha for lunch.

Bwah! I laughed so hard at this. I don't think Cynthia got butt implants. She had a big, albeit nice, ass already, but she's gained weight and that's probably where her weight goes. I wish I had that problem. Mine goes to my face, thighs and belly.
  • Love 3

And, yup, I am so tired of the "whore and unmarried" shit.  Let's not forget that NeNe was celebrating her single status a few seasons ago.  And, seeing NeNe around some of her more connected friends, she knows how to turn it on.  

I have no problem when someone is truly "real". And that is verbally refusing to let someone else dictate his or her version of reality when the facts are there on the table in front of both of you and everyone else that screams how wrong that version is.  But I do think people believe it simply gives them the right to open the mouth and let lose whatever they want no matter the consequences.  Consequences they know full well exist.  That blue-head knew there would be a reaction.  If she had just crawled out from underneath a sweaty Roger Bob I can see her inserting herself in that manner.

However I do think Demetria is a damn fool.  Don't get all shitty because someone aired the truth you yourself know and can tell everyone around you know.  Rise above or continue to wallow.  But don't do the latter and then complain someone else got mud beneath your nails.

Yes yes yes.  Kenya is a cheap carpet bagging fool who is so hungry for attention.  Mock that.  Mock her lies about Walter (assuming you share my view that she lies with the best of them in that regard).  Heck even mock her supposed story line of finding a man.  Or having one.  But to mock and stigmatize a choice to be single?  When the person doing it had to buy a ex-con as a mate and donor? 

And can I just say that one of the Top Lawyers in Georgia would be raking in the dough by the hour.  I smell something is rotten in Phaedra's legal realm of Denmark. Why on earth she is not making a much nicer living even doing some of the more mundane and easier levels of law is beyond me.  Then again maybe she knew all along what her stud service was up to or knew he would eventually return to those kind of practices and figured she could escape legal culpability.  However she didn't want to face past clients actions if she was caught married to a huge stealing lying idiot of a crook.  Who is still smarter than Peter.  Heinously illegal as his actions were Apollo still can make money easier than Peter can even when Cynthia leaves her purse unattended after visiting the nearest ATM.

• Love 1

I'm polite/cordial to him...and that's it.  Hello & have a nice day is about as much as he'll get from me. He tried to strike up conversations with me as if nothing ever happened, just skinnin' & grinnin' in my face.  He got a polite, Oh...ok, that's nice, good day.  I'm not giving him an opening to create drama.  Knowing what you're all about, keeping you at arms length but being polite to you anyway IS keepin' it real.  It's not fake or phony.  I'm not being polite/cordial for YOU, I'm being polite/cordial for ME.

---

Nene has the right not to like anyone for any reason. She DOESN'T have the right to be nasty to somebody and not expect them to clap back at her.  From what I've heard, Claudia's read of Nene was so good it got her promoted to a peach instead of "friend of" so Nene might've run up on another Sheree.  We'll see.

You said this perfectly.  And I use that same strategy at work, as there are a lot of slimy motherfuckers there.  My boss told me in my last performance review that she recognizes that I'm not one of those people who need to make "personal" friends at work and that I do a great job always being professional despite that. 

Sad because even though I never really liked Nene, she was more fun and easy going.   That self important thing just isn't a good look on anybody but especially not when it's unjustified.

Same here.  Even though I didn't like many of character traits, I enjoyed her because she always seemed to have a good time, despite whatever was going on, especially when she was with Kim.  But then Bravolebrity starting going to her head and she went from tolerable to <insert eyeroll> and bitch please.  I can't really stand seeing her, those Mr. Ed teeth, or that hair anymore.

Two or three years ago people started saying "the D" to reference dicks. I hate it for many reasons, mostly because I have some Detroit Tigers t-shirts I can't wear anymore because they say "I love the D" and "Kiss Me, I'm From the D" (shut up, it was for St. Patrick's Day!).

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 8

I had to laugh while watching tonight's repeat with Cynthia and Peter examining that run-down building and observing the outside patio was next to an interstate overpass and hearing the police sirens in the background!

• Love 2
ETA: What did Claudia mean when she said, "[Porsha] and I have the same group of African friends. I was right next to her when she said she was going to get with one of them."? With the rumors going around about Porsha it didn't sound too good.

Judging from the fact that they rarely if ever interact with each other, I fully believe Claudia is just talking out the side of her neck.  Porsha was very adiment that she would never give Claudia even a hint of her personal life because she feels Claudia would throw it back at her wrong.

• Love 2