Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: On The Outside

• Start Topic

Please feel free to start threads for characters, episodes, etc.!

If you (collectively) would like to change the name of the Small Talk thread jokey bit just figure it out amongst yourselves and then email david@previously.tv and I'll change it.

• Love 1

The Small Talk topic is for:

• Introductions
  • Off-topic chatter
  • Having virtual tea with forum buddies

This is NOT a topic for actual show discussion. When you want to talk about the show:
  1. Figure out the nature of the topic you want to talk about
  2. Look for an existing topic that matches or fits
  3. If there is NOT an existing topic that fits, CREATE ONE!

Examples of topics that populate show forums include (but by no means are limited to):

• Character topics
  • Episode topics
  • Season topics
  • Spoiler topics
  • Speculation topics
  • In the Media topics
  • Favourite X topics
  • ...you get the idea

Happy trails beyond Small Talk!

Thank goodness for all of you in the Live Feed thread(s.)  I've fallen behind on the current season, and doubt I'll bother to catch up - but at least I can keep track thanks to y'all.

Hopefully "The Quest" won't be Bertam and Elise's "Pirate Master."  (Total non sequitur, but hey...)

Neat. I like it here so far, we'll see, I haven't had any of my posts edited for "tone" and I have no warnings for using bold when italic would have been a better choice...yet.

I don't think Conan the Grammarian made the transition from TWoP.

Neat. I like it here so far, we'll see, I haven't had any of my posts edited for "tone" and I have no warnings for using bold when italic would have been a better choice...yet.

Seriously?  That is freaking hysterical!

I once got warned for not using a capital letter at the start of a person's name. It was clearly a typo and not "internet laziness" though, since in the same post I had capitalized 8 other names, included another reference to the same character I got the warning for. Pissed me off so much.

• Love 2

Stinger97

Yesterday. 6:05 pm

For the record, the reason I made the decision that nicknames for Victoria were okay was because it had already become a thing and because she's been so irrelevant for so long on the show. And the reason why I said it wasn't okay for Cody was because doing that for two of the HGs seemed like it could get a little confusing. It wasn't because I thought it was cool to bash Victoria and not cool to bash Cody. In fact, I certainly prefer her over him.

But if we're going to push the issue, let's just stop nicknames in general.

Not allowed to make up nicknames for HG's now? I guess I was wrong, too bad.

Edited to add:

Stinger97

Please note that nicknames for HGs (not just Victoria) are now disallowed.

Edited by Pakalolo

Has Dolphincorn been posting about the new season yet? He's applied to be on the show many times and since there are a couple of gay superfans on this season (he's mentioned being gay in discussions of previous seasons), I can't help wondering if he made it on the show. However, if he was it seems like he would have managed to work in some sort of shout-out by now.

Has Dolphincorn been posting about the new season yet? He's applied to be on the show many times and since there are a couple of gay superfans on this season (he's mentioned being gay in discussions of previous seasons), I can't help wondering if he made it on the show. However, if he was it seems like he would have managed to work in some sort of shout-out by now.

Yes, Dolphincorn's already been posting around this season.

So, I proved to myself - for the 'too many to count' time - that I have no willpower when it comes to avoiding spending money on something I won't get the true value out of.

I signed up for CBS All Access, for the Live Feeds.... which I probably won't watch a whole lot of.  But only reading updates/show recaps just doesn't cut it.

• Love 1

Ugh, Frankie Grande is on The Talk today --he's sitting in on the part where they talk about the day's tabloid stories.

He has a pink mohawk and is wearing a jacket made out of bright blue chinese brocade.   Very festive.

Dolphincorn is Canadian; he's talked about going to BBCan casting calls (or Kassting calls, I guess) in the BBCan thread on TWoP, IIRC.  And part of his pitch has always been that he's a more suave gay man than those that are usually cast; he'd be closer to Kenny Brain than to Jason, I'm supposing.

Edited by DAngelus

And part of his pitch has always been that he's a more suave gay man than those that are usually cast.

Well, damn, that won't happen then. God forbid they cast someone who's a much more accurate representation of the vast majority of everyday LGBT.

• Love 1
On 6/8/2016 at 9:44 AM, Petunia13 said:

I hope this yr doesn't suck

From your lips to God's ears.

Oh, BTW - if F****** G***** ever darkens the door of this House ever again, I'm boycotting.

• Love 3
(edited)

Yea I heard its gonna be coaches again and I'm like "really, bitch?" 

Who in the past few seasons is qualified to even coach or can be labeled a master of the game? 

Edited by Petunia13
  • Love 2
22 hours ago, LuvizBlind said:

Me too!  I really, really don't think I could deal with another summer of that freakazoid.  It'd be the quickest cancellation of feeds for me yet.  :)

Don't think I'd even consider buying the feeds until I was sure FG wasn't going to pop up on them.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Nashville said:

Don't think I'd even consider buying the feeds until I was sure FG wasn't going to pop up on them.

I said the same thing to Mr. Callaphera. Who laughed and said, "No, you'd just increase your wine budget for the season and I'd have to listen to you whining and complaining about him all summer. Again." Whereupon I reminded him that he was silly enough to marry me and he would just have to deal. The sad thing is he was right. I'd still buy the feeds but the hate-watching and wine consumption would be enormous. I'd probably have to switch to something harder.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Callaphera said:

I said the same thing to Mr. Callaphera. Who laughed and said, "No, you'd just increase your wine budget for the season and I'd have to listen to you whining and complaining about him all summer. Again." Whereupon I reminded him that he was silly enough to marry me and he would just have to deal. The sad thing is he was right. I'd still buy the feeds but the hate-watching and wine consumption would be enormous. I'd probably have to switch to something harder.

Cuervo Gold helps.

• Love 1
(edited)

In the midst of all the hype and hoopla gearing up around next season's start, I find myself really questioning whether I want to commit to another season of in-depth watching.

Primarily because when they started talking about this new season, I couldn't immediately remember off the top of my head a single person who played last season.  Heck, I had to go to Wikipedia to refresh myself on who won.

I've always been what I would classify as an "in-depth" watcher, somewhere between the "total immersion" (the feeds) and the "surface skimmers" (broadcast-only) watchers.  I don't do the feeds, but I will monitor sites like Joker's for (moderately) live updates on the feed action.  Even that is a not-inconsequential time investment, though - and one I'm not sure I want to continue making for a show whose cast is lost to my memory a month or so after the finale.

If I do continue, it will be for one reason - the discussions here.  Long ago the forum discussions/debates became FAR more interesting to me than the actual show.  :)

Edited by Nashville
  • Love 6
(edited)
6 hours ago, Nashville said:

Primarily because when they started talking about this new season, I couldn't immediately remember off the top of my head a single person who played last season.  Heck, I had to go to Wikipedia to refresh myself on who won.

One day I was thinking about BB winners and it took me forever to come up with Nicole winning last season. I couldn't remember anything about last season, which made it really difficult to remember the winner.

Yet, I will 100% watch this season, including watching the feeds most of the day. Sigh.

If I do continue, it will be for one reason - the discussions here.  Long ago the forum discussions/debates became FAR more interesting to me than the actual show.

Honestly yes, this place is probably like at least 50% to blame for why I can't give up my BB addiction.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 3
44 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

One day I was thinking about BB winners and it took me forever to come up with Nicole winning last season. I couldn't remember anything about last season, which made it really difficult to remember the winner.

I was just trying to come up with the name of last year's winner and drew a blank. Thanks for saving me the thirty seconds of Googling!

45 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Honestly yes, this place is probably like at least 50% to blame for why I can't give up my BB addiction.

Same. And it warms my cold, dead, black heart every summer to see the same names pop up in the forums because you know the discussion and debates are going to be good when they're involved. 

I've already made sure I'm stocked up on tinfoil for hat making, I've been doing deep knee bends to get ready for the prayer circles, popcorn and wine will be on the grocery lists, and I'm girding my loins for the annual SHINE BRIGHT LIKE A FRANKIE!!!1 appearance. You know it's coming...

• Love 4

I hate coaches & teams. I want everyone to come in and play their own game. The reason I liked Big Brother because it was different then Survivor. Survivor is my favorite show but I liked Big Brother because it was an individual game. Now, it's always about teams or pairs. Can't it just be an individual game? What's so horrible about that? Either way, I'll still be watching at home & at work behind my Excel spreadsheet. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, stcroix said:

I can't even remember who Nicole is! 

Maybe this will help:

*deep breath*

COOOOOOOORRRRRRRREYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY-UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. 

If that didn't help, she was the small blonde Southern Fruit Loop Dingus girl with glasses.

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Maybe this will help:

*deep breath*

If that didn't help, she was the small blonde Southern Fruit Loop Dingus girl with glasses.

Seriously?  Ubly isn't even in southern Michigan, fer cryin' out loud....

16 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Maybe this will help:

*deep breath*

I'm pretty sure that Nicole - and her whine - is the reason why the right side of my headphones buzzes occasionally. She couldn't quite blow the speaker but she gave it the old college try.

Honestly, she only gets half the blame. The other half comes from me cranking the volume to hear the whispering and then Jeff suddenly breaking in and YELLING when the feeds would go down. 

• Love 2
On ‎6‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 9:06 PM, Lady Calypso said:

Maybe this will help:

*deep breath*

HAHA!!  Of course, how could I forget her?!  Thank you, Lady Calypso :) 

• Love 1
On 6/18/2017 at 9:06 PM, Lady Calypso said:

Maybe this will help:

*deep breath*

On general principle I must strenuously object to the characterization of Nicole as "Southern".  Nicole is from Michigan.  

We in the South already get a bad enough rap as it is without having Nicole laid at our feet as well; it's up to y'all Yankees to own that shit.  :)

• Love 3
21 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Nicole definitely adopts some stereotypical Sounthern aspects to her personality. Or maybe she's very Midwestern. Southern and Midwestern is pretty much the same to me.

What!?  I was born and raised in MI and have zero accent and have no mannerisms or affects attributed to the south.  

• Love 3

So my kids are staying in France this summer with grandparents and are missing BB.   They tried the cbs app, but even with paying for all access they can't watch the show.  Any suggestions?

25 minutes ago, Michichick said:

@Lady Calypso, does that badge thingy next to your name mean you're a moderator? I will be sure to use this small talk thread next time I ask @Callaphera for a Duke update or feel the need to whine about jabbing my cat with a needle. My apologies for dragging the live feed thread off-topic!

I am a moderator! I'm not the main moderator for this forum, but I do help out! I totally understand that the live feeds discussion thread has gotten slower as the house this season is completely boring and predictable, so off topic discussions probably will happen from time to time. I know I was guilty of it when discussing about Hurricane Irma! But I also definitely want to encourage the use of this thread more! I always forget that it exists!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Michichick said:

@Lady Calypso, does that badge thingy next to your name mean you're a moderator? I will be sure to use this small talk thread next time I ask @Callaphera for a Duke update or feel the need to whine about jabbing my cat with a needle. My apologies for dragging the live feed thread off-topic!

Personally, I love the occasional off topic talk since the season is so boring, and didn't realize it was enough to offend people. Whoops, my bad as well.

I feel obligated to make a cat post here myself...we just learned that our 16yr old kitty has IBD that is progressing and may be lymphoma. We're starting him on Leukeran soon and hoping it goes well. 

Sending well wishes to anyone in the path of Irma this weekend. I just can't fathom two major natural disasters so close together.

• Love 3