Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Only 2 Ounces Of Commenting Allowed

• Start Topic

On 7/30/2017 at 1:23 PM, ethalfrida said:
On 7/30/2017 at 0:58 AM, auntjess said:

This was posted to a Facebook group on the show.
DEfPP9MXcAAZH8M.jpg

I saw that in one of the groups. The comments were all pro rather than against, lol.

On 7/22/2017 at 1:07 PM, ethalfrida said:

And the starch converts to sugar which impedes weight loss. Further, you just know they are eating non-GMO variety corn

This made me laugh out loud.  Same with the douchebags who say "All I have is fast food" well okay BUT Wendy's has awesome salads, McD's has a grilled chicken salad, I am sure BK has a salad or salads as well.  Truth is, a Big Mac, A Wendy's Double w/Cheese and a Frosty taste a heck of a lot better than the healthier options!!!

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

This made me laugh out loud.  Same with the douchebags who say "All I have is fast food" well okay BUT Wendy's has awesome salads, McD's has a grilled chicken salad, I am sure BK has a salad or salads as well.  Truth is, a Big Mac, A Wendy's Double w/Cheese and a Frosty taste a heck of a lot better than the healthier options!!!

You know that's true!

Funny thing is, I never like any of those much when I was eating fast food. I just bought a McD burger or fish sandwich because I had to have something to go with the fries, lol. 

But, yes, we never see anyone binging on the salads. As pointed out in another episode posting... you can eat 5 huge containers of salad and maybe hit 100 calories total. With dressing you would still need a bottle for each container to even get close to overeating. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, ethalfrida said:

You know that's true!

Funny thing is, I never like any of those much when I was eating fast food. I just bought a McD burger or fish sandwich because I had to have something to go with the fries, lol. 

But, yes, we never see anyone binging on the salads. As pointed out in another episode posting... you can eat 5 huge containers of salad and maybe hit 100 calories total. With dressing you would still need a bottle for each container to even get close to overeating. 

I am eating my half sized Wendy's mozzerella salad right now!  It is very filling and a bit under 500 calories.  There are ALWAYS options, it is just easier to down a double cheeseburger or three burritos and call it a day!!

• Love 4
23 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I am eating my half sized Wendy's mozzerella salad right now!  It is very filling and a bit under 500 calories.  There are ALWAYS options, it is just easier to down a double cheeseburger or three burritos and call it a day!!

First of all, I don't know why this is quoting you. I didn't click "quote".

But, I didn't think it was possible to mess up lettuce and chicken breast but I had a doozy one day. It was horrible. I think it might of been what SCOWL was talking about.

I used to love El Pollo Loco's chicken salad but then I found out they used GMO ingredients. 

• Love 1

I've recorded the James from season 2 to watch.  Just saw that he's on one of the FB 600lb Life groups.  I don't remember him.
I'm so desparate for something to watch, that I'm watching a lot of What Not to Wear reruns.  Almost tempted to make a topic for it, but don't don't if anyone else watches, and too lazy to make all the topics required.
I'm coming to think that Stacy is kinder than Clinton.

A deep thought - you wonder sometimes how these people put on so much weight, both before and after seeing Dr Now. It recently occurred to me, after watching a bunch of these shows on amazon, that once you get to a certain weight or have limited mobility, all you are doing is sitting around the house. What else are you going to do but eat? Shoot, when I work from home I know I have to make an effort not to snack all day . It seems to be different when it's just a day off and I have stuff to do. If I'm working from home at the computer all day, I want something to do when I'm just sitting there. 

Obviously, you don't have to eat all day, but I can see how people get into that habit when there's nothing else for them to do. That said, I'm still trying to figure out how they can afford to eat all that take out and fast food (which isn't all that cheap anymore). Food stamps only go so far, and they don't take food stamps at McDonald's.

• Love 2

Tonight, 8/16, at 9:30, Discovery Life is showing an episode of Strange Sex on feeding.

.For Donna and Phillipe, food is the ultimate aphrodisiac. Phillipe fulfills his sexual fantasies by feeding Donna and watching her gain weight. Frank becomes ill after the act of sex, but how far is he willing to go to cure his mysterious illness.
Weight for It & Desperate Measures

• Love 1
14 hours ago, auntjess said:

Tonight, 8/16, at 9:30, Discovery Life is showing an episode of Strange Sex on feeding.

I watched that episode.  Words fail me.....They want to get her to 1000 lbs so she will be immobile?  And she claims she is perfectly healthy.  I had no idea such a fetish existed.  Wish I still didn't know.

This is a little different and I don't really know where to put it.

I have read more than a couple of posts here where the writer states "kill yourself" to a couple of the patients. Coming off a recent guilty verdict where a girlfriend texted her boyfriend to do that and he did, it seems somewhat careless to put that in writing on these public forums. The judge in the case did rule that words alone could not cause his death but rather it was his attempt to save his own life and the girlfriend offered no help. When he got out of the truck which he had filled with noxious fumes she texted him to get back in and then listened to him die without calling 911.

People like Steven, his brother, James, Penny and others are fragile beings. We don't know what will set them on the route to doing harm to themselves. Especially someone like Steven.

I just think it is a bit careless to indulge in our disapproval in such an open and direct way.

• Love 5
On 8/17/2017 at 6:33 PM, ethalfrida said:

This is a little different and I don't really know where to put it.

I have read more than a couple of posts here where the writer states "kill yourself" to a couple of the patients. Coming off a recent guilty verdict where a girlfriend texted her boyfriend to do that and he did, it seems somewhat careless to put that in writing on these public forums. The judge in the case did rule that words alone could not cause his death but rather it was his attempt to save his own life and the girlfriend offered no help. When he got out of the truck which he had filled with noxious fumes she texted him to get back in and then listened to him die without calling 911.

People like Steven, his brother, James, Penny and others are fragile beings. We don't know what will set them on the route to doing harm to themselves. Especially someone like Steven.

I just think it is a bit careless to indulge in our disapproval in such an open and direct way.

Very true.  

Having changed to eating as clean as possible and having lost 39 pounds this year( slow and steady)I have found that fast food options aren't that appealing.  Those calories are way too much for the small nutrition that's being offered, imo.  In case of emergency, I resort to grocery stores, where I can get some lean meat, yogurt, my own fresh veggies, etc.  I think the total calories offered at the main fast food chains, include that of the dressing, which is huge and of no real value, imo. 500 calories for a salad? lol  Bizarre, imo.   Plus, the price.....not worth it.  Sheetz offers some fairly good prepared snacks with nutritional content displayed.  

Chic-filet has grilled chicken nuggets, but, they tasted so terrible, I could only get 2 down.  Perhaps, the worst thing that  I've tried to eat in my life and I'm not a picky eater. lol

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 1

Do we have any Houston folks (I think there are a few), who are in a safe place, and can report.
Let us know how you fared, when you can.

I don't even want to think of how it would have been to try and evacuate the 600 lb folks.

1 hour ago, auntjess said:

Do we have any Houston folks (I think there are a few), who are in a safe place, and can report.
Let us know how you fared, when you can.

I don't even want to think of how it would have been to try and evacuate the 600 lb folks.

The 600-pounders will do what they've always done.  They'll wait around and expect someone else to rescue them, with no effort on their own part.

• Love 1

Do not think that will work . If the boat will not hold that weight, because  they probably  will have  other people  on board ,  they would  say be back for you  when we can . It would  take so many  people  and special  equipment  I honestly  do not see how they could . 

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, ethalfrida said:

I can't find where it says how much she weighed. But I am seriously sad because she had no life at all.

"Doctors believe a thyroid condition and a rare gene defect caused Abd El Aty’s extreme weight gain, which eventually rendered her immobile. Abd El Aty’s weight reached an estimated 1,100 pounds last year, and efforts by her sister to find medical help seemed futile."

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, auntjess said:

"Doctors believe a thyroid condition and a rare gene defect caused Abd El Aty’s extreme weight gain, which eventually rendered her immobile. Abd El Aty’s weight reached an estimated 1,100 pounds last year, and efforts by her sister to find medical help seemed futile."

Thank you. Appreciate the post...

• Love 1

Before 600# Life started, TLC had other shows about fat people (Billy for instance)  There was one that Dr. Now was also involved in.  She was accused of murdering her little nephew by *literally* squashing him.  It was very interesting and she did weigh over 1,000 pounds.  There were two parts.  Charges were dismissed (poor baby, she had nothing to do with the abuse), but the change in that woman was extraordinary!  Dr. Now used an experimental drug on her that drained the lymphodemas (sp) and gallons of fluid came out of her.  She got down to safe enough weight to operate on.  She was so incredibly grateful and thankful.  I loved her!

• Love 3

I went to the clinic today and saw a man there who appeared to be well over 500 lb, almost all of it in his belly. He was the largest man I've ever seen in person and it was astonishing. The physics alone, it just looked so PAINFUL to carry all that weight, especially all in the front of your body. I felt bad for the guy. Seeing these shows, we see how people get like that, and it's never a happy story.

• Love 2
20 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

I went to the clinic today and saw a man there who appeared to be well over 500 lb, almost all of it in his belly. He was the largest man I've ever seen in person and it was astonishing. The physics alone, it just looked so PAINFUL to carry all that weight, especially all in the front of your body. I felt bad for the guy. Seeing these shows, we see how people get like that, and it's never a happy story.

It's been a number of years, so I can't recall which one, but on one of the UK shows, I saw a guy whose weight was in his stomach and he had to use something like a walker with a seat to hold his stomach. Lord have mercy - you'd think that before it got to that point, you'd change your eating. But, I guess that's why it's not just about the food; surely something else must be going on mentally for a person to let themselves get so big.

• Love 1

AuntJess - I haven't figured out the quote thing yet, but I'd love a What Not to Wear forum. I've been recording lots of the old episodes for a slumber party with some of my friends. It's obvious that Stacy and Clinton are still desperately needed.

• Love 3
On 10/12/2017 at 5:19 PM, ShoePrincess said:

AuntJess - I haven't figured out the quote thing yet, but I'd love a What Not to Wear forum. I've been recording lots of the old episodes for a slumber party with some of my friends. It's obvious that Stacy and Clinton are still desperately needed.

If you go to the Home Page on this board, there's a specific place to request new forums.  Here's a link.

http://forums.previously.tv/forum/166-new-show-forum-requests/

• Love 1

Hello all. Just wanted everyone to know Mama Anchorabu passed away this morning in Hospice. She died peacefully in her sleep. She had such fun watching My 600lb Life with you all. Thank you for your prayers and for bringing her such joy. God Bless. 

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Anchorabu said:

Hello all. Just wanted everyone to know Mama Anchorabu passed away this morning in Hospice. She died peacefully in her sleep. She had such fun watching My 600lb Life with you all. Thank you for your prayers and for bringing her such joy. God Bless. 

You and your mother have been on my mind for the past couple of days.  I'm so sorry for your loss.  Her comments were delightful.  Earth's loss is Heaven's gain.  

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, AZChristian said:
2 hours ago, Anchorabu said:

You and your mother have been on my mind for the past couple of days.  I'm so sorry for your loss.  Her comments were delightful.  Earth's loss is Heaven's gain.  

Awww thank you so much! How beautiful. Bless you. ❤️

Thank you all for your kind thoughts and condolences! Bless you all. ❤️?

On 9/25/2017 at 7:29 PM, crazycatlady58 said:

Anchorabu ,  I have been thinking  of you  and your  mom lately  how is she doing ? 

Sorry for the late response hon. She passed away today. Thx for your kind thoughts. ❤️

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, Anchorabu said:

Awww thank you so much! How beautiful. Bless you. ❤️

Thank you all for your kind thoughts and condolences! Bless you all. ❤️?

Sorry for the late response hon. She passed away today. Thx for your kind thoughts. ❤️

Sending  you a great big hug. May Her Memory  be  Eternal . 

• Love 1
18 hours ago, Anchorabu said:

I'm so sorry to hear this.  I'm glad she had a good time with us crazy folk. Don't forget to take care of yourself in this stressful time, Anchorabu. 

• Love 5