Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Only 2 Ounces Of Commenting Allowed

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, chickenella said:

Sending healing prayers for Mama Anchorabu! Could I send her a get well card?

Aww thx! They keep moving her tho, I think we are going to another facility again in a couple days. Bless you!

• Love 1
On 6/16/2017 at 9:45 AM, Anchorabu said:

Hey all. Hope everyone is well. Just wanted to say Mama Anchorabu had a bad fall Wednesday and broke both shoulders and her pelvis. She's in the hospital now and then a nursing home for 8-10 weeks at least. Please pray for her. Thank you and bless you all. And she says hi. ?❤️

Oh my gosh. How terrible. Sending good thoughts for a quick recovery. How are you doing, Anchorabu?

• Love 1

Thank you all and bless you for your kind thoughts and prayers.  Mom's been in a lot of pain. The palliative care nurse met with us today and says although mom's right shoulder is a clean break her left shoulder is actually shattered. It's not repairable and most likely won't heal.  They will up her pain meds to keep her comfy and keep her on the rehab floor for now but she will probable go to palliative care then hospice at some point since she has a broken pelvis too. Ugh poor mom. Will keep you all posted. Mom says hi. ❤️?

On 6/18/2017 at 4:57 PM, MsVixen said:

So sorry to hear about Momma A, Anchorabu!  Sending good thoughts to both of you!

Thank you sweetie! ❤️

On 6/19/2017 at 11:08 AM, ChickenLatte99 said:

I hope MommaA has a smooth recovery

Thx hon. ❤️

On 6/19/2017 at 6:25 PM, aliya said:

Oh my gosh. How terrible. Sending good thoughts for a quick recovery. How are you doing, Anchorabu?

Thx sweetie. Hanging in there, just exhausted. Thx for the good thoughts. ❤️

On 6/20/2017 at 7:30 PM, fonfereksglen said:

Oh my.  I wish her well.

Thx hon. ❤️

• Love 2
On 6/13/2017 at 6:45 PM, Miss Chevious said:

Yes James is definitely the worst. Assanti will at least sit up. James can't even be bothered to do that, even when he's eating!

Was James the one who had not even SAT UP in a bed, let alone gotten up or attempted to get up?  Was he the one who GAINED 150 pounds?  That is another me for goodness sake!!  You have to WORK at that!!!!

The Assanti brothers and their dad.....yikes all around!

19 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Was James the one who had not even SAT UP in a bed, let alone gotten up or attempted to get up?  Was he the one who GAINED 150 pounds?  That is another me for goodness sake!!  You have to WORK at that!!!!

He's the one! You've gotta love it when he says it's the mattress that's making him look fat. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Miss Chevious said:

He's the one! You've gotta love it when he says it's the mattress that's making him look fat. 

I have gained a bit of weight over the winter and I joke with my fiance:  "Does this mattress make me look fat?"  all the time?  That, and I ask him:  "When I can hide a loin of pork in my fat folds.....stop me."  (I really can't do that....and I am NOT a candidate for this show!!)

• Love 1

OK, James's episode made it to the finals, and the Previouslies have a small talk file called "Red Carpet."
I tried to post the obligatory red carpet celebrity shot of James K and Lisa, but can't get it to post.
Anyone?  I just copied the URL of shot w/green sheet and white sheet. Help!

Rewatching this because I need a break from ID shows, and TLC is showing mostly crappy shows or crappy people.
A show on hair extensions?  Be still my heart.
I'm rewatching Tracey.

I joined some fitness groups on FB. One of them is based on 600LB Life and called a Chat.

This morning someone wanted to know which sweetener they could use besides sugar to sweeten their Kool Aid.

Because the group has members who are or nearly 600 pounds we cannot offer any advice as to why they shouldn't be eating or drinking certain things. So when a question like that comes up we are supposed to scroll on by if we disagree. SMH. I don't think I will be a part of it much longer ...

• Love 1
23 hours ago, ethalfrida said:

I joined some fitness groups on FB. One of them is based on 600LB Life and called a Chat.

This morning someone wanted to know which sweetener they could use besides sugar to sweeten their Kool Aid.

Because the group has members who are or nearly 600 pounds we cannot offer any advice as to why they shouldn't be eating or drinking certain things. So when a question like that comes up we are supposed to scroll on by if we disagree. SMH. I don't think I will be a part of it much longer ...

Yeah I couldn't read things like that and stay quiet.   One group I belonged to drove me to typing replies in a word processing app and never posting them because I just couldn't help myself.  It closed down before I could leave.

• Love 1
(edited)

I am watching repeats, (Nikki now, James K later), and trying to find something to watch, to go along with true crime.
I've ever recorded some old What Not to Wear shows, and a few Body Bizarres.
Recently, I've been watching the Air Disaster shows again too.
What do you all watch in the off season?

Edited by auntjess

Never watched him.  Anthony Melchiori's Hotel Impossible is the only thing I've watched on the Travel Channel in recent years.
I wish DIY had some show I could really get into.  Everything is flipping or Scott brothers.

I do like Barnwood Builders and Salvage Dawgs, but don't desire to load my DVR with them.

1 hour ago, Anchorabu said:

Hi all. Just letting everyone know Mama Anchorabu is in hospice now.  She's hanging in there.  Will keep everyone posted. Thanks for all your prayers! ❤️?

Please give her our best.  She's one of us, and we care.

• Love 3

Anchorabu ,  thank you for keeping  up updated .  I know you are busy but we do care.I will continue  to pray  for you, mom A and the rest of your family   I am glad she seems  to be settled  in a permanent  place.

• Love 2

Thank you all for your kind words and prayers. That means so much to us. I stay with mom from about 9 am to 9 pm at the nursing home so she's not "alone" during the day, and I can feed her etc.  She's very frightened and confused when I'm not there.  We watch a lot of TV of  course! At least we do when she's not sleeping. She's forgotten a lot but still remembers "Ow mah laygs!" She's getting good care there. Will post updates. Bless you all! ❤️?

• Love 15

First off, sending love and prayers to Anchorabu and her mom....

Secondly, I belong to one of the Facebook groups that some of the show's participants belong to.  Some there are saying that the people on the show get no perks for being on the show (no $$, no relocation $$, no vehicles, no free weight loss surgery, etc.).  Is this true?  Because...I can't imagine putting yourself out there like that and uprooting your family and your life, all for an hour's worth of questionable fame.

They have branded  me a bully (of sorts) for not jumping onboard the sympathy train for one of the former cast members, who now finds herself the object of admittedly mean memes.  I merely pointed out that this cast member had to know that putting her life out there for public consumption would result in good and bad attention, but that she didn't mind when she was getting all the perks of being on the show (which I assumed to be some type of financial assistance as well as weight loss surgery).

• Love 2
7 hours ago, LocalGovt said:

First off, sending love and prayers to Anchorabu and her mom....

Secondly, I belong to one of the Facebook groups that some of the show's participants belong to.  Some there are saying that the people on the show get no perks for being on the show (no $$, no relocation $$, no vehicles, no free weight loss surgery, etc.).  Is this true?  Because...I can't imagine putting yourself out there like that and uprooting your family and your life, all for an hour's worth of questionable fame.

They have branded  me a bully (of sorts) for not jumping onboard the sympathy train for one of the former cast members, who now finds herself the object of admittedly mean memes.  I merely pointed out that this cast member had to know that putting her life out there for public consumption would result in good and bad attention, but that she didn't mind when she was getting all the perks of being on the show (which I assumed to be some type of financial assistance as well as weight loss surgery).

Was it the group where the woman has a crush on Steven Assanti? 

1 hour ago, ethalfrida said:

Was it the group where the woman has a crush on Steven Assanti? 

I must say, I haven't really been a regular participant in the group to know what's going on, but Bettie Jo Elmore is a regular contributor.

• Love 1
(edited)

I noticed again rewatching Milla, while she was losing weight, and trying to comply with the diet, she had corn.
Other have eaten corn too, and I thought it was very high carb, and probably on the don't eat list.

Edited by auntjess
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, auntjess said:

I noticed again rewatching Milla, while she was losing weight, and trying to comply with the died, she had corn.
Other have eaten corn too, and I thought it was very high carb, and probably on the don't eat list.

One half cup has 14 grams of carbohydrate, so definitely not the wisest choice.  I can just hear them protesting "But it's a vegetable!"

• Love 3
23 hours ago, auntjess said:

I noticed again rewatching Milla, while she was losing weight, and trying to comply with the died, she had corn.

And the starch converts to sugar which impedes weight loss. Further, you just know they are not eating non-GMO variety corn.

• Love 1

Thank you all for the love and prayers. Mama AnchoraBu still hanging in there in hospice. She's battling a UTI and a necrotic pressure sore but doesn't feel much pain and mostly sleeps. Will keep you all posted. Hugs to you all. ❤️

• Love 10

Thank you for taking  time to let everyone  know how she is doing .  I am glad she is not in a lot of pain.  That was something  I was worried over. Sending  you and your family  a big hug. Try to take  care  of  yourself  in the midst  of this.  

• Love 4
12 hours ago, auntjess said:

This was posted to a Facebook group on the show.
DEfPP9MXcAAZH8M.jpg

I saw that in one of the groups. The comments were all pro rather than against, lol.

On 7/22/2017 at 11:07 AM, ethalfrida said:

And the starch converts to sugar which impedes weight loss. Further, you just know they are eating non-GMO variety corn.

• Love 2

Tomorrow, 8/7, at 4:30 AM ET. TLC is showing an episode of Strange Love, with a woman with 99" hips.

Mikel Ruffinelli and her 99 inch hips have her husband Reggie falling head over heels. Excited to renew their vows, Mikel worries she will not find a wedding dress to fit her large curves.Mikel Ruffinelli and her 99 inch hips have her husband Reggie falling head over heels. Excited to renew their vows, Mikel worries she will not find a wedding dress to fit her large curves.WWWMikel Ruffinelli and her 99 inch hips have her husband Reggie falling head over heels. Excited to renew their vows, Mikel worries she will not find a wedding dress to fit her large curves.Hips to Be Shared