Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Only 2 Ounces Of Commenting Allowed

• Start Topic

On 1/16/2018 at 7:26 AM, Brooklynista said:

Well now we MUST know!!?

After going through the dead sea scrolls, the Magna Carta, and a lot of stuff on bathroom walls, I have determined "Yards tadv" to be a middle English phrase which has recently re-emerged in our culture, a phrase that translates loosely to "covfefe."

Edited by LordOfLotion
  • Love 8
On 1/14/2018 at 5:16 PM, Bridget said:

After the Columbine shootings, a federal law was passed to allow students to be able to carry mobile phones on their person to get in touch with parents (and vice versa) in the event a similar tragedy happened again.

And one more thing that happens with this trend?  Molly hates school, Molly goes to bathroom to call Soft Touch Gramma to come pick her up.  Gramma never double checks with the school (that would take time and MOLLY IS SICK DAMMIT so she speeds to school.  Suddenly you have Gramma in the front office and you, the teacher, is like what the hell?  Yes we tell Gramma and all the other Soft Touch Parents;  "The call to pick up needs to come from us not your child."  Do they listen?  Nah.....  

• Love 4
On 10/20/2017 at 4:19 PM, Anchorabu said:

Hello all. Just wanted everyone to know Mama Anchorabu passed away this morning in Hospice. She died peacefully in her sleep. She had such fun watching My 600lb Life with you all. Thank you for your prayers and for bringing her such joy. God Bless. 

I just saw this and I’m so sorry for your loss. I was wondering why Sophia Petrillo the second was not commenting.

• Love 2

Does anyone else watch on Vudu?  It's being an asshole lately and it is not showing the season 6 episodes.  So now I have to go back to iTunes...this is complicated by the fact that I don't have wifi at home.  It does, however, mean I will watch at the gym- which is always motivational!  Hope to be caught up soon!

• Love 1

I must be watching too many weight loss shows.  lol  Today I went into McDonad's to get something to eat.  I know.....RARELY do I do it, but, I had to get something near the office and all parking spots were taken, lines out the door, only had a few minutes,  etc.  Anyway, I got a grilled chicken snap wrap with NO CHEESE, NO SAUCE.  lol  It just had chicken and lettuce, but, was pretty good and I only ate half the wrap.  My point was that while I was in line, I observed several young ladies, (high school students, from across the street), who were ordering.  These lovely ladies were between app.  250-300 pounds, easy.  I noticed they ordered Frappe's and meals.  They looked good, so I checked the nutritional content.  A medium is 510 calories.  That's almost a half day's worth of calories.  I can see how it's easy to run over when you eat at these places. 

• Love 2

Are you saying 500 calories is a half day's worth of calories???

On 1/29/2018 at 7:45 AM, Calicocats said:

Does anyone else watch on Vudu?  It's being an asshole lately and it is not showing the season 6 episodes.  So now I have to go back to iTunes...this is complicated by the fact that I don't have wifi at home.  It does, however, mean I will watch at the gym- which is always motivational!  Hope to be caught up soon!

Oh...Vudu can just kiss my ass.  I bought episode 1 of the family show and it won't let me watch it in the app.  I'm back to iTunes.  Don't waste your time or money!

• Love 2

I have a neck injury that is making me have to adjust how I do some things.  For example, I bought a reacher and a long handled shoe horn.  Okay, so what does this have to do with My 600 Lb Life?  I bought a bath scrubby sponge thing with a long handle.  Every time I use it I think of our scrub brush wielding 600 Lb participants and their ways of reaching deep into their folds.  I also think of a classic Simpsons episode when Bart dreams about being the fattest man on earth.

• Love 11

Nothing to do with this shows, but I can't find a topic or forum for NOVA.
I did some searches, but there seems to be a Teen Mom named Nova, which skewed the search.
When I search NOVA PBS, I get some hits in other place.
I don't watch consistently enough to make a whole damn forum, but if there's a genre topic that covers it, that would be good.
Thanks for any info.

Edited by auntjess
9 hours ago, auntjess said:

Nothing to do with this shows, but I can't find a topic or forum for NOVA.
I did some searches, but there seems to be a Teen Mom named Nova, which skewed the search.
When I search NOVA PBS, I get some hits in other place.
I don't watch consistently enough to make a whole damn forum, but if there's a genre topic that covers it, that would be good.
Thanks for any info.

Requesting a new show forum.

• Love 1

Yes, thanks, but I don't want a forum.
I know they are only pixels, but what a damn waste to make all these files.
I think the system was designed for popular shows, and network shows with new episode which airs one time during the season, in an orderly way.
Now 600lbers shows are OK as discrete topics, because we talk about each one, same with Whit.
But many shows, like ID and other crime shows, flipping shows, they're on all over the place, in no order, and character and episode threads just don't work.

6 minutes ago, auntjess said:

Yes, thanks, but I don't want a forum.
I know they are only pixels, but what a damn waste to make all these files.
I think the system was designed for popular shows, and network shows with new episode which airs one time during the season, in an orderly way.
Now 600lbers shows are OK as discrete topics, because we talk about each one, same with Whit.
But many shows, like ID and other crime shows, flipping shows, they're on all over the place, in no order, and character and episode threads just don't work.

Sorry that wasn't what you were looking for, but I'm really confused.  I thought you were looking for the PBS show Nova.  

• Love 2

I was, but thought that NOVA must surely have a file already, but I can't find one. 
If there isn't one, I'll live without it, but don't wish to make an entire forum.

Didn't mean to jump on you, but that drives me crazy, that you can't just make a topic for a show, without all these auxiliary files. 

• Love 1
On 2/4/2018 at 6:26 PM, PrincessPurrsALot said:

I have a neck injury that is making me have to adjust how I do some things.  For example, I bought a reacher and a long handled shoe horn.  Okay, so what does this have to do with My 600 Lb Life?  I bought a bath scrubby sponge thing with a long handle.  Every time I use it I think of our scrub brush wielding 600 Lb participants and their ways of reaching deep into their folds.  I

On the latest My Big Fat..., Whit made Todd apply lotion to her butt, which led to someone find this.
https://www.wrightstuff.biz/toiletingaids.html

• Love 2
On 2/27/2015 at 4:40 PM, Brooklynista said:

I have to believe it's true that the periods stop. For the sake of my sanity I can't allow my brain to know Penny is in a Pee, Poop AND Period bed.

That adds a whole nother dynamic to the meatloaf recipe that I just ain't ready for.

While I hear where you all are coming from..... some of these morbidly obese people have pretty young kids, including Penny.   So you assume if they are ovulating, they are having periods.

22 hours ago, auntjess said:

I watched a repeat of Addicted to Food, from 2007, and when I googled the man featured, RJ Woodbury, he had died.
https://m.salisburypost.com/2012/04/23/spencer-native-who-sought-weight-treatment-in-ohio-dies/

He was 30 years old!!!  So young!  :(

(edited)
On 2/23/2018 at 3:30 PM, NeitherSparky said:

Well I did it, I checked out the Reddit on this show. I've had a Reddit account forever but never use it, and was expecting the subreddit for 600 Lb to be nasty, but its basically just like here. I just can't stop upvoting comments there, omg. Everyone's so on point.

https://www.reddit.com/r/My600lbLife/

I haven't joined Reddit yet (I have enough time sinks on my hands), but I do  enjoy reading the threads. I swear some folks from here are over there as well; lots of folks with phrases/comments that I've seen before. 

Regarding RJ Woodbury - I was a FB friend and was so shocked and saddened to see when he passed away. I'm not sure if he ever got out of the facility, based on the pictures on his page. I remember watching his interactions with his mother and thinking they reminded me of how I am with my son. So much sadness over food.

Edited by aliya
  • Love 1

So I just had to share something, where this show has actually helped me. In a bizarre way.

I've been really depressed lately - money problems, tax issues, medical bills, my beloved dog who was the center of my world died recently, and I think my new anti-depressant is actually making it all worse. I'm messaging with my friend and neighbor and telling her how depressed I am, so she comes over. We're hanging out on the couch, and I go to the kitchen to get her a mIke's hard lemonade. Suddenly I hear ......"Ow, my leg!" as she's unfolding her leg off the couch after sitting on it

I. Died. Laughing.

I explained the James K, thing, and she then found on her phone this video that had the whole compilation of James K. and his "Oww mah leg!" odyssey, and it's just as hysterically funny now as it ever was. I'm still depressed, but damn, that was some funny shit. :-)

• Love 18
(edited)
12 hours ago, auntjess said:

I've lost the thread here.   Which show was filmed in Buffalo Gap,TX?

Addicted to Food

eta: thought they were saying this show was filmed in OH never mind 

Edited by Calicocats
(edited)
11 hours ago, Calicocats said:

eta: thought they were saying this show was filmed in OH never mind 

I did too.  They talked about him being in a place in Ohio, and the hospital he died in was in Ohio.  Maybe the production company was located in Tx.

And I came here to say that the Ricky Caputo one, 900 Lb Man: Race Against Time, is on TLC tomorrow, 3/7, at 11AM, ET.  He's the guy in Guam.

Edited by auntjess
On 3/5/2018 at 10:01 PM, MissCurmudgeonly said:

So I just had to share something, where this show has actually helped me. In a bizarre way.

I've been really depressed lately - money problems, tax issues, medical bills, my beloved dog who was the center of my world died recently, and I think my new anti-depressant is actually making it all worse. I'm messaging with my friend and neighbor and telling her how depressed I am, so she comes over. We're hanging out on the couch, and I go to the kitchen to get her a mIke's hard lemonade. Suddenly I hear ......"Ow, my leg!" as she's unfolding her leg off the couch after sitting on it

I. Died. Laughing.

I explained the James K, thing, and she then found on her phone this video that had the whole compilation of James K. and his "Oww mah leg!" odyssey, and it's just as hysterically funny now as it ever was. I'm still depressed, but damn, that was some funny shit. :-)

I just want to suggest you talk to your doctor about meds. I had a friend who was dealing with PTSD and depression and one of the meds she was given made her suicidal. Once she weaned off, she felt SO much more centered and together, to the point that she could cope with her issues. I can’t recall what the end was but it was definitely a problem. 

My best wishes for better times ahead. 

• Love 2
On 3/15/2018 at 10:46 AM, SunnyBeBe said:

I was taken aback when David said that losing that first 40 pounds would be EASY.  I mean, what person who weighs over 600 pounds says that?  Very odd, imo.  Of course, he followed through, but, still.....that would have been a red flag for me. 

Does anyone know what the aftercare eating plan is for those who have bypass, like David vs. those with gastric sleeve like Benji? I mean, after you heal and you go forward years later.  What must they eat? Is it still only protein? Can you add a few healthy grains?  Any fruits?  

My SIL had gastric bypass over 15 years ago (maybe longer - it was before I met her) and she's still quite overweight but she eats and drinks pretty much whatever she wants. Portions are still pretty small - she seems to mostly pick at her food but then I'm not around her 24/7. She does avoid red meat because it's hard to digest and upsets her stomach. She drinks carbonated sodas (diet) and it seems like that's something Dr. Now tells his patients to avoid. I wouldn't describe her "eating habit" as necessarily healthy though at least not for the time I've known her.

On 3/16/2018 at 8:33 AM, calpurnia99 said:

but if you are unable to sleep because your stomach is physically hurting from growling,

Hunger is extremely uncommon in modern America; it's more a psychological issue of being accustomed to eating. People who go on multi-week fasts for either medical or religious reasons rarely report being hungry. If an obese person's digestive tract is making noise, it's doubtful because of "hunger." Dr. Joel Fuhrman (Eat To Live) is an advocate of fasting to give one's digestion a rest to resolve liver or pancreas ailments. I've done two medically supervised water fasts (14 and 17 days) and my issue was not having the mealtime schedule; honestly, I was never hungry and never felt weak. Both times, I felt great afterwards and all my medical tests and bloodwork looked much better than before. We are a nation of entitled gluttons.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, Maricopa said:

Hunger is extremely uncommon in modern America; it's more a psychological issue of being accustomed to eating. People who go on multi-week fasts for either medical or religious reasons rarely report being hungry. If an obese person's digestive tract is making noise, it's doubtful because of "hunger." Dr. Joel Fuhrman (Eat To Live) is an advocate of fasting to give one's digestion a rest to resolve liver or pancreas ailments. I've done two medically supervised water fasts (14 and 17 days) and my issue was not having the mealtime schedule; honestly, I was never hungry and never felt weak. Both times, I felt great afterwards and all my medical tests and bloodwork looked much better than before. We are a nation of entitled gluttons.

We are also diffrent ,  I have tried  to fast for religious  reasons. If I do not eat meat I get lightheaded  and have problems  thinking .  I do not need a lot os meat just an ounce  it two  will do but I need to eat something  and if you are diabetic  you need to eat also.  What works  for one does  not work  for someone  else . 

• Love 6

I think people are different, but, it seems that Dr. Now has no worries with most of those patients having little to any nutrition for weeks. He seems to think they would be okay, due to their existing obesity and I've gotten the same impression from my endocrinologist. We don't need nearly the amount of food that we think to survive. At least short term. 

I know that a lot of people seem concerned about me and ask if I have eaten during the day because I am a Type I diabetic. I explain to them that I"m fine.  We don't have to eat, unless our blood sugar is low. And even then, we need a little juice and a small snack.  Back in the day, Type I diabetics took a dose of what was then called Regular Insulin in the morning. It was set to cover all the food for the day, so they had to eat the foods so their blood sugar wouldn't get low, but, I don't think anyone takes that anymore.  We either have a pump, that using fast acting and can be adjusted or turned off OR we take multiple injections of fast acting inslulin that is based on the carbs you're going to consume, along with a long acting insulin that just keeps your overall down.  So, if your blood sugar is a good number and you don't want to eat, you don't have to. 

I know it's a little different for  type Type II's.  They take pills and sometimes insulin, but, I won't comment on that, since, I haven't experienced it. I know both types have to keep an eye on the blood sugar level and ensure that it's not too high or too low. I'm not sure how those who are featured on these shows survive with diabetes.  It take A LOT of work to manage and they don't seem to be too motivated for things about your health. 

What I find amazing is that most of the people in my family and extended family who are nutrition conscious are those in the 30-50 age range.  Others are just totally not interested.  And it's apparent from their obesity and poor overall health too. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 6
On 3/15/2018 at 3:57 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

Thanks for the info NeitherSparky, but, can you say what foods you are allowed? Do you just eat regular food, but, small portions or just protein?

I had full bypass in 2003 and can eat pretty much anything by now although mostly I eat yogurts (about 2-3 a day), nuts, legumes, hummus with lentil chips, smoked salmon with ancient grain crackers, Lean cuisine, eggs, and cookies. Plus all kinds of vegetable and fruit.  What I don't eat at all is fast food like McDonald's and similar stuff, highly processed food or fried stuff, donuts, any kind of soda. I would have something like that maybe once a year (except the soda). So it's still mostly toward high protein. I do eat pasta and bread (the real good bread from bakery, not the square white think you call bread here in USA) or cheese  but not daily, occasionally I will have cake or some kind of dessert or ice cream about once a month on average. I do have cookies or something small that is all sugar and carbs every day LOL but since my calorie intake is not really big I'm fine. My portions are small, regular meal I would get in restaurant (we don't go more than couple times a year now) would last me 3-4 meals. My husband is executive chef in one of the best restaurants in DC so he doesn't have time to cook every week for whole week like he used to anymore (I on the other hand hate cooking and didn't cook anything in couple years except eggs) but when he makes fancy meal it's 2-3 portions for me again. Since his cooking at home is limited since he took the top position (so now he works 13-15 hours a day 6 days a week instead 11-12 hours a day 5 days a week) we get lot of fresh or frozen prepared stuff from Costco and he has that for dinner while I will just have my yogurt or something small. I grew up in former Czechoslovakia and we ate mostly stuff from our garden and fresh food cooked daily (we didn't have microwave till I was 20) so when I came to USA 21 years ago I gained so much weight in 2-3 years. Everything was fat free but all was just crap back then. I never felt satisfied after I finished eating because everything was just overprocesse junk and full of high fructose syrup and bad fats. Lots of stuff that we ate daily on regular basis back in Czechoslovakia only just became trendy here in the past 10 years. I'm talking about kefir, kombucha, real whole grains bread, kale, cauliflower and yes Nutella too. Even chocolate doesn't taste like real chocolate should in America until now when you can get good one here too. I grew up on those things so I didn't know how bad the food here was and was overeating trying to be sated when it was not possible.  I never had to give up sodas because I never drank them as a child, I never had cereal before I came here at 26. The same for fast food restaurants, I had my first McDonalds when I was 18 after Velvet revolution when  they opened the borders to West for the first time and I remember I was so extremely disappointed as it looked nothing like the pictures and tasted bland. Anyway just wanted to mention this difference in eating as lot of Americans still don't have access to real unprocessed food so they only eat the junk they think it's food. 

• Love 2

This is not for the faint of heart...you’ve been warned.

Bedridden woman found with rotting legs crawling with maggots

https://usat.ly/2FNtdMq

The article mentions she’s obese and they needed special equipment to transport her.  We’ve wondered what would happen to these folks if nobody was willing to take care of them, sadly here’s the answer. I hope she gets help, but sounds like she’s pretty far gone. 

• Love 2
On ‎3‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 8:29 AM, Maricopa said:

What is the interviewer wearing? Is it a strapless dress over a blouse? With a cummerbund?

If I remember correctly, it was a fleeting trend in 2017.  I am not certain if it's supposed to be an oversized cummerbund or obi, but it's certainly  . . . unique.  :)

Edited by LookABird
I forgot how to spell.
3 hours ago, Kbo said:

This is not for the faint of heart...you’ve been warned.

Bedridden woman found with rotting legs crawling with maggots

https://usat.ly/2FNtdMq

The article mentions she’s obese and they needed special equipment to transport her.  We’ve wondered what would happen to these folks if nobody was willing to take care of them, sadly here’s the answer. I hope she gets help, but sounds like she’s pretty far gone. 

I'll just check in on the forums during lunch . . . AAAAAAAAARRRRGGGGGGAAAGGGGGRRRRRRUUUGGGGGH. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

I'll just check in on the forums during lunch . . . AAAAAAAAARRRRGGGGGGAAAGGGGGRRRRRRUUUGGGGGH. 

Hope you weren't eating rice.

And gee, I can't understand how these two fine, upstanding citizens let their mother/wife rot on a tarp covered in her own feces and urine:

Screen Shot 2018-03-20 at 4.56.00 PM.png

On 3/19/2018 at 8:46 AM, ava111 said:

I had full bypass in 2003 and can eat pretty much anything by now although mostly I eat yogurts (about 2-3 a day), nuts, legumes, hummus with lentil chips, smoked salmon with ancient grain crackers, Lean cuisine, eggs, and cookies. Plus all kinds of vegetable and fruit.  What I don't eat at all is fast food like McDonald's and similar stuff, highly processed food or fried stuff, donuts, any kind of soda. I would have something like that maybe once a year (except the soda). So it's still mostly toward high protein. I do eat pasta and bread (the real good bread from bakery, not the square white think you call bread here in USA) or cheese  but not daily, occasionally I will have cake or some kind of dessert or ice cream about once a month on average. I do have cookies or something small that is all sugar and carbs every day LOL but since my calorie intake is not really big I'm fine. My portions are small, regular meal I would get in restaurant (we don't go more than couple times a year now) would last me 3-4 meals. My husband is executive chef in one of the best restaurants in DC so he doesn't have time to cook every week for whole week like he used to anymore (I on the other hand hate cooking and didn't cook anything in couple years except eggs) but when he makes fancy meal it's 2-3 portions for me again. Since his cooking at home is limited since he took the top position (so now he works 13-15 hours a day 6 days a week instead 11-12 hours a day 5 days a week) we get lot of fresh or frozen prepared stuff from Costco and he has that for dinner while I will just have my yogurt or something small. I grew up in former Czechoslovakia and we ate mostly stuff from our garden and fresh food cooked daily (we didn't have microwave till I was 20) so when I came to USA 21 years ago I gained so much weight in 2-3 years. Everything was fat free but all was just crap back then. I never felt satisfied after I finished eating because everything was just overprocesse junk and full of high fructose syrup and bad fats. Lots of stuff that we ate daily on regular basis back in Czechoslovakia only just became trendy here in the past 10 years. I'm talking about kefir, kombucha, real whole grains bread, kale, cauliflower and yes Nutella too. Even chocolate doesn't taste like real chocolate should in America until now when you can get good one here too. I grew up on those things so I didn't know how bad the food here was and was overeating trying to be sated when it was not possible.  I never had to give up sodas because I never drank them as a child, I never had cereal before I came here at 26. The same for fast food restaurants, I had my first McDonalds when I was 18 after Velvet revolution when  they opened the borders to West for the first time and I remember I was so extremely disappointed as it looked nothing like the pictures and tasted bland. Anyway just wanted to mention this difference in eating as lot of Americans still don't have access to real unprocessed food so they only eat the junk they think it's food. 

That's pretty interesting that you can eat so many things after gastric bypass.  Did you actually get that or the sleeve?  And you have no digestion issues with the carbs, fruits, nuts and diary?  That's amazing. 

17 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

That's pretty interesting that you can eat so many things after gastric bypass.  Did you actually get that or the sleeve?  And you have no digestion issues with the carbs, fruits, nuts and diary?  That's amazing. 

Yes it was full complete bypass. The only thing that I have issues with is chicken, especially leftover chicken. Chicken can be really dry and it will get stuck and mind up in the toilet pretty quickly. Even 15 years out I can still have this happen about 1-2 times a year. So if it's chicken it has to be in some kind of sauce, like some Indian dish to have as leftovers. Or we have this recipe from Slovakia for casserole where you use sour cabbage with Campbell mushroom soup with some light sour cream, mix it up, put the chicken in it and bake it. That's the one I can definitely eat without problems even if it's few days in fridge. Otherwise I really don't have problems eating anything.

The first year I also had problem with tuna salad, also too dry and ended up in toilet. That was kind of upsetting as it was early after surgery and it was one of the foods  I was allowed to eat when the list of allowed food wasn't too big yet. Otherwise I started to add stuff slowly and ate pretty much everything in couple years although I always tried to eat the protein first so I wouldn't get full on stuff that was secondary. 

I still might get sick if I eat too much, my portions are pretty small but sometimes there is couple bites to finish and if I don't listen to my body and just go for it then it doesn't end up well... It doesn't necessarily makes me run to the bathroom but it will get stuck in my esophagus and it's very unpleasant and can last for hour or more. You will also start producing a lot of saliva and you just have to keep swallowing it which makes it worse. If that happens you can try wait it out in specific position, usually laying straight on your side (not back) or go help to get it out by sticking your fingers down your throat. By now I try to avoid these mistakes so my dog is extremely happy. What always shocks me to see on these shows is when I see  people just few months after surgery putting these huge helpings of food on their plates. I mean it's definitely less than what they ate before but I wouldn't be able to eat that much even now 15 years later. They are definitely stretching the small stomach back too early, if they did what they should do properly their capacity should stay very limited for the rest of their life. The first year after bypass you don't even have much appetite, you mostly eat - especially the first 6 months - just because you have to, the food is strictly a fuel only and there is not that much enjoyment back yet. So those huge portion so soon after surgery are mystery to me. Plus there is very important  rule that is never mentioned - don't drink anything while you eat and for additional 30 minutes after you finished eating. Plus couple more important things that I never see mentioned: Don't take extended release medications and you have to take multivitamins for the rest of your life. And really you should not drink carbonated beverages. 

• Love 4

That's pretty amazing info about life after gastric bypass.  I know quite a few people who have had it or some form of bariatric surgery. I know this one person who has gained A LOT back.  I wondered how that happens. 

On 3/20/2018 at 1:51 PM, Kbo said:

Yes, so maybe Lisa is obligated to stay with James K. I guess it depends on how "caretaker" is legally defined in their jurisdiction.

Has anyone else seen DOCS: Weight Loss Ward on YT?  It's like M6PL lite. There's also an episode, DOCS: Supersize Ambulance which is a quite interesting look at the bariatric ambulance team. That's a hard job, for sure.

What still bothers me is that the ambulance crew is having a meal break and discussing food. One guy says, "If it tastes good, it's probably not healthy."  C'mon people. We've got to get out of that mindset that healthy food isn't appetizing. I'm vegetarian, but what doesn't taste good about a chicken or steak dinner, some greens, and a small serving of mashed or roast potatoes or rice? And it's not bad for you. I remember seeing Melissa looking really sad about eating a container of cottage cheese at the table with a bunch of kids. She can have better food than that, but even this many years out, it seems she hasn't learned anything about eating better.

• Love 1
On 3/16/2017 at 3:23 PM, OSM Mom said:

I understand quitting eating candy, cake, cookies, and sugar. But why no fruit? Yes, it has sugar, but it's got to be better to eat a crap ton of grapes than a huge piece of cheesecake. 

I think mainly because you are dealing with folks that have an issue with portion control.  A serving of fruit, in the larger scheme of things, is infinitely better than their sweeter counterpart.  BUT, for a person struggling with portion control, that "hit" of sugar could trigger overall overeating.  Not to mention, some will reason that fruit juice is close enough and continue drinking their calories.

• Love 2