Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E08: Chunks Of My Soul

Wait. THIRTEEN days in the hospital for Bronchitis?? Um, no, that doesn't happen. Plus it was so obvious that she was not that sick. Every time she said how sick she was, she would do a little "fake cough, sniff, sniff". I had Bronchitis/sinus infection recently (and was NOT hospitalized for it!) and my coughing spells lasted a full 5 minutes and involved wretched sounding gagging coughs where I swear I was going to cough up a lung, a kidney, possibly intestines. I had the fever and chills as well.  Yes, it sucked, but  I rested for 2 days and then carried on with life.  She was too sick to make her scheduled appearance, but had no problem making it to Dr Wexler's office to say how sick she was. What?? Also, she managed to do her hair and make-up throughout her "serious" illness? I loved it when Dr Wexler said, "You can't just take some meds and push through? It's only like 5 hours!" Yup, that's what a normal person would do!

Dean came away looking like the sane one in this whole thing.  I love Tori's friends finally got sick of her shit.  Dean needs to leave her ass and take the kids with him! She STILL doesn't seem to realize how much this show has damaged her image and carreer, and probably the kids.  When Tori was in the hospital and Dean was home with the kids - in those interviews, he looked the healthiest he's looked since this show started.  She is simply toxic and he needs to get away from her asap!!

• Love 18

I had pneumonia last year and I didn't even think of going into the hospital!  My gosh, there are really sick people out there who either can't afford to go to the hospital or their insurance won't deem it "medically necessary," yet Tori checks into the hospital more often than a traveling salesman checks into a hotel!  Geesh, I was willing to give her the benefit of the doubt when this show first started because of her mother/daddy issues but this, this..... is just too much.  I don't even feel sorry for her anymore--my pity goes solely to those kids and the pets around that house.  I'm even feeling just the smallest, most minuscule amount of pity for Dean--my gosh, did I just say that???

• Love 10

Funny how Tori was so afraid to leave the kids with Dean while going away for a weekend, yet had no problem laying around in a hospital bed for almost two weeks.  And how awesome was it that Dean actually told her how much better it was at home with her gone?  I am so glad this shit season is over and hope to hell I never have to see Tori on my TV again. 

• Love 10

The pig was some kind of shield or security blanket for Tori, she walked in holding it to avoid an uncomfortable confrontation with Dean after their big blowout. I noticed she was holding Finn when she greeted Dean's ex at Jack's birthday party, and again when she greeted her mother at Hattie's party--in both cases she was nervous about seeing those people. Just an observation...

• Love 7

5 days old baby should be with it’s mother, not Tori. Tori killed the pig.

I loved how Kate compared Tori bringing home a pig to Candy bringing Tatum O’Neal to the party though. All her “friends” seem to be over her.

I’m so glad Dean told Tori how much more peaceful it was at home without her. You could see the difference when she was around. When she told Wexler she was worried about Dean because he didn't have any friends or family around, all I could think of was "if you don't let him do a damn thing without pitching a fit, of course he's not going to have any friends!" The poor guy can't even go for a bike ride without Tori losing it. 

Good to know that Tori finally got a clue that doing this show was a really stupid idea, but I want to smack her for her reasons for being mad about Dean’s friend. OF COURSE she has to bring up him cheating, but she’s doesn’t want the friend there because she’s female???? How about because they just got out of rehab? Everything has to be about her.

Before I started watching this show, I would never have thought I would be firmly on Dean's side. No, he sure isn't perfect,  but at least he isn't a narcissistic, delusional, hysterical, self-obsessed, self promoting shrew.

• Love 15

Dean was making it quite clear that he now needs his privacy and that doing the show is not good for his emotional well-being.   And Tori just stared at him, showing no understanding.  She wants to continue filming because she thinks the show is still good for her, no matter that her husband who was suicidal a few months ago and who has been emotionally vulnerable is explaining to her (and their therapist) that the show is now adversely affecting him.  Tori seems cold and indifferent to his feelings.  Dean has been getting help and seems to be working very hard to implement what he's learning.  And even when he's distraught and trying to explain himself, he continues to show sensitivity toward Tori.  I don't know what more she could want, really.

Dean seems serious and rational, and on his way to a better way of life.  He seems to pay attention to advice and to learn from his mistakes.  Tori, however, seems to be regressing emotionally, and no matter how much help she seeks, she simply can't be reasoned with.

And, poor little pig.  That was sad to watch.

Edited by Miss February
  • Love 17

Well, that episode was a hot mess. I'm pretty sure that poor pig went on a hunger strike to get the hell out of that madhouse, and chose death over returning there. I would make the exact same choices. Well played, pig.

I don't even know what to say about that hospital visit other than WTF? Since when can you bring your dog to the hospital? And who gets hospitalized that long for bronchitis and sinusitis? I'd love to see the paperwork on that visit.

Boy, Tori must have some seriously good insurance with Dean getting 90 days in "rehab" and then almost two weeks for sinusitis.    My Dad had open heart surgery and they released him after 11 days.

I loved how Kate compared Tori bringing home a pig to Candy bringing Tatum O’Neal to the party though. All her “friends” seem to be over her.

Ha!  That was the best part of the whole episode for me. 

Did I hear Tori tell Dr. Wexler that she doesn't get booked much since 1) Dean cheated and 2) TrueTori started airing?   Shocking that this lovely show would affect her bookings.  Of course the fact that the crazy all came out on camera had nothing to do with it.  I personally can't think of easier money than getting paid to show up at some random event looking good and maybe talking to people. 

So they stopped the show, which is good but I think now Dean needs to step up and support this family for a change.   I wonder if everything at home would have run so peacefully and smoothly during Tori's absence if he was actually working and taking care of four kids - with at least one nanny, probably two. 

• Love 4

So they stopped the show, which is good but I think now Dean needs to step up and support this family for a change.   I wonder if everything at home would have run so peacefully and smoothly during Tori's absence if he was actually working and taking care of four kids - with at least one nanny, probably two. 

Wasn't he shooting CSI when Tori was in the hospital?

Wasn't he shooting CSI when Tori was in the hospital?

Oh maybe he was.   But then Tori was out for a few days when she was bailing on a gig at Wexler's office and Dean was late because of a costume fitting (or something) for CSI.so maybe not. If he was, then  props to him to be able to juggle it all.  I'm sure Tori being gone did make it easier though because except for the Halloween themed dinner, the cameras were gone too.   

Oh, you're right. I forgot he was late because of a costume fitting for CSI, so he couldn't have already filmed it while she was in the hospital, BUT I could have sworn that when he got the job & they were talking about it, Tori asked when he started & he said it something like next Wednesday. Does anybody else remember this? I feel like there was some kind of time manipulation going on.

• Love 3

Who gets a pig that young? And why did Tori get a pig? Dean managed just fine with the kids. She's an attention whore. The only reason why Tori likes the show because it's about her True Tori. Tori likes therapy because it's about Tori. Tori likes the hospital because it's about Tori. My goodness those poor kids. Dean just get far away and take the kids with you. Tori clearly needs help.

• Love 8

I have now decided that a significant part of Tori's problems is Dr. Wexler.  What did I just watch?  Tori clearly stated that she's not getting jobs because she is "unreliable".   I'm thinking - OMG that's progress.  No blame shifting.  Recognition that Tori's biggest hurdle is Tori.  Recognition that all the publicity of the affair and the show have damaged her reliability.  What was Wexler's response?  "So you must have a lot of resentment towards Dean."  WTF????  This professional has just made Tori the victim, again.  If this woman has been guiding Tori for a decade (or however long), she has been doing so much more harm than good.  Even the most stable and intelligent person would have a hard time seeing through this therapist's bullshit.  Not many people are going to argue with their therapist when they're told - it's not you, it's your spouse who's the problem.

• Love 22

Redhead Zombie, thank you so very much for saying exactly what I was thinking! Wexler is Tori's biggest enabler and the one who is stifling any progress/growth. Can we revoke Wexler's license now?

• Love 11

Redhead Zombie, thank you so very much for saying exactly what I was thinking! Wexler is Tori's biggest enabler and the one who is stifling any progress/growth. Can we revoke Wexler's license now?

Yes please get rid of her. She shouldn't be anyone's therapist especially Tori's

• Love 6

At the end of the show last night my main thought was that Dean has to take those kids and get far away from Tori. It's pretty obvious why Dean was suicidal and wanted to have an affair a year ago - Tori doesn't allow him to have friends or hobbies, and berates the hell out of him. No wonder - upon finding a nice young girl who would pay him a little attention - that he had an affair. I think any of us would have in the same situation.

I think the only reason he's staying at the moment is that she's the money maker. The way things are going, even that won't be the case anymore. Get out now Dean while the kids are still young!

• Love 7

She ripped a basically newborn pig from its mother and let it die?? I recorded it but don't think I can watch.

I'd say what I want to do just reading that, but then someone else would snap over one of her myriad other offenses and law enforcement would come looking for me. :)

Edited by RealityCowgirl
  • Love 3

I haven't watched yet, (don't know if I will be able to stomach her) , but I said this before and I will say it again. For however long they have been married, I never really got into these two, but I do know I pre judged Dean and could not stand him( I don't even know why) , then , when The Home & Family Show on Hallmark came on about a year or two ago, they, Christina Ferrara and her co host, would have Dean on pretty much regularly, to cook and do things around the studio s house, this was before his problems with his wife Tori, or at LEAST before the 'so called' affair. Well, I litteraly fell for this guy! I know, its a little much, but he was so awesome and cool and talked about his kids nonstop! Even Christina was all ga ga over him. Then, for Thanksgiving , or some big holiday, the show had on all the regulars with their families and Dean was their with Tori and the kids. She was a BITCH! She just sat there looking miserable, Dean was talking and joking around and taking care of the kids , making sure they didn't get out of hand on set etc. She just sat their. I couldn't stand her then, and this show made it worse. I think Dean showed his true colors during this crazy filming (including that guru crap and him breaking down like he did). and I think he's a pretty decent guy. Yeah, he probably married T for the money (who dosn't, dream of hitting it big in their life). and yeah, he hurt his family, nobdys perfect, everybody will hurt someone in their lives, but he's truly paying for what he's done now. Being with this bitch must truly be torture!

• Love 5

LOL, did they really name the episode that??? Priceless. I really wanted to get "Chunks of My Soul" printed on a shirt after last night's episode. 

Anyhow, I am pissed at Tori right now. Livid. Over that poor pig. Who the fuck does she think she is? Did I hear her say she rescued it from a slaughterhouse? Is her family now vegan? Is she opposed to people eating pork? If it was a factory farm where animals were actually being mistreated....well, that would be an admirable mission....coming from someone else. Someone who oh, knew what they were doing and how to care for a five day old pig! But let's be real. It's not like Tori is some animal rights crusader, off to make a difference in the world of pigs. She was simply driving home, freaking out about being confronted by Dean, so she impulsively picks up a pig to detract from the situation. Yup. That's our Tori, using a poor, helpless animal to try and manipulate her loved ones. And killing them in the process. *Slow clap* for Tori. 

I fucking hate her. 

I did love her friend comparing the pig to Tatum O'Neal, though. 

So then we have her next episode of crazy - checking herself into the hospital for 13 days with....ebola? Bronchitis? Attention-deprived syndrome? Seriously, this bitch is wack. You'd think if she was so worried about Dean being with the kids she'd stop having these health issues that take her out of the house for weeks at a time. But no, she's only concerned about Dean and the kids when the attention isn't on her. 

I'm so over Dr. Wexler at this point. All her pussy-footing around the issue makes me sick. "You need to take better care of yourself". As if Tori just isn't taking her vitamins or something. Someone needs to get tough with her and flat out state that all of her illnesses are psychological, ways for her to garner sympathy and attention. Victim status for life! 

I did love Dean finally manning up and telling her how damn peaceful it is around the house without her there. She really does bring a constant tense vibe to that home. His Halloween dinner was so fun, and you could tell the kids were just relaxing and having a great old time. How does she think these kids are going to look back on their childhoods? With her being in and out of the hospital, or laid up in their dark room? She is not the mother she thinks she is. 

Someone is going to have to make room for me on the bus to hell, because when Jessica said she was worried that if Tori kept going like this she would die, I blurted out - "One can only hope"!!!!

Okay, but back to Dr. Wexler....she watches Tori have an infant-style meltdown in her office, over doing her fucking job, and she continues with the hand-holding and ass kissing. Who does that??? Who breaks down into tears with her agent, sobbing that she just can't do what she promised, because....what? She's still too fucking sick? She is lazy and doesn't want to make the trip? It's not what she expected? Welcome to the real world, honey. Many many people have jobs where the unexpected happens on a daily basis. 

I just can't with either of them. Lock Tori up, take away the quack's license. Give Dean the kids. 

Look, Dean is not a perfect dude. Farm from it. And he certainly made some mistakes with his other son and how he handled that family situation. But he is pretty darn good with the kids. It seems like he and Jack are in a good place too. You know Tori has to be a world class asshole when I am left feeling sorry for the drug-using cheater. But I do. I get his frustration. He's at a point now where he wants to share things with his wife, but not the world - and she just can't get that. It's more important to her to be the center of attention. She is beyond exhausting. 

Edited by ghoulina
  • Love 17

Is "Dr" Wexler an actual dr?   It's pretty sad when the therapist is trying to basically undo the progress Tori finally made by connecting the dots and Tori is the one that has to say it was her choice to make everything public.   I think Dean is flawed,  complicated and depressed--doesn't have the best moral compass (he has those things in common with Tori), but he is rational and Tori is not.   It was a bad move for Tori to put all this out there because it's showing that the problem is her.    Her constantly neurotic bitchy micromanaging self pitying high strung miserable personality is the problem.    I wouldn't put it past them to manufacture some drama for the show but I think Dean is telling the truth and he is open to divorce at this point.

• Love 6

a better title for this show would have been Tragically Tori

I was a bit concerned when Tori was heading out the door to take baby pig to the vet. Dean was clearly ransacking the house looking for something. Then, he said "I can't find any tape for Liam's arm!", what does she do? Gives a stupid look, puts her head down, and heads out the door with a comment about "only worried about the pig right now" WHAT THE FUCK? How about, "OMG - what happened to his arm? Is he ok?" Nope - all about Tori as usual.

Edited by tabloidlover
  • Love 6

So in last week's episode we watched a good 5 minutes of Tori shopping at the "antique" store and fighting with Mehran about what to buy, but we get NO FOOTAGE of her somehow obtaining a 5-day-old piglet on the same trip??  Where the fuck did that animal come from?  Did she steal it?  I don't understand!  Mehran didn't want her to buy a Smurf bus, but clearly the pig was just too much for him and he gave up.  That was maybe the most bizarre subplot in this entire season. 

I really don't get why Tori thinks doing this show is actually a good thing...for her, for her kids, for Dean and their marriage.  Because it's clearly not.  It's compounding all their issues.  She started off by telling us how great things were at the beach over the summer -- does she realize that's when the cameras werent there and they had privacy?  She should just be honest and say, "We need the money."  Because this idea that the show is a good and noble venture is insane. 

• Love 11

a better title for this show would have been Tragically ToriI was a bit concerned when Tori was heading out the door to take baby pig to the vet. Dean was clearly ransacking the house looking for something. Then, he said "I can't find any tape for Liam's arm!", what does she do? Gives a stupid look, puts her head down, and heads out the door with a comment about "only worried about the pig right now" WHAT THE FUCK? How about, "OMG - what happened to his arm? Is he ok?" Nope - all about Tori as usual.

Hey, Liam lived. But then, he was with Dean. The piglet left with Tori. Liam was the lucky one.

Edited by RealityCowgirl
  • Love 15
Dean was making it quite clear that he now needs his privacy and that doing the show is not good for his emotional well-being.   And Tori just stared at him, showing no understanding.  She wants to continue filming because she thinks the show is still good for her, no matter that her husband who was suicidal a few months ago and who has been emotionally vulnerable is explaining to her (and their therapist) that the show is now adversely affecting him.  Tori seems cold and indifferent to his feelings.  Dean has been getting help and seems to be working very hard to implement what he's learning.  And even when he's distraught and trying to explain himself, he continues to show sensitivity toward Tori.  I don't know what more she could want, really.

That scene was very telling.  Tori is an attention whore.  She wants to be on TV; if Tori isn't on TV anymore, she might feel she doesn't exist.  She's like Nicole Kidman's character in "To Die For" when she says, "you're not anybody unless you're on TV."

What was she in the hospital for?  Not Ebola, please.  That was recently, when there was talk of Ebola.  I think she went into the hospital to get in the papers, stay relevant.  I wonder if she, or the show paid for her to stay in the hospital that long.  I think if you have insurance, they kick you out, but if you have $$$, sure, stay awhile, just keep the money coming.

Tori is doing this show for two reasons; one, she needs to be on TV, and two, she needs the cash.  She knows people will watch the trainwreck.  Look how many people have posted here already, including me.  

• Love 2

I tuned in at minute 4 of this show--right when Tori turned around and announced: We have a pig! Did they show/explain how she got this pig from a slaughterhouse? For 5 days old, this piglet was pretty big, so obviously it would have grown into a huge-ass hog--not some little pot-bellied pig that one can have as a pet living in a suburban home. A 5-day-old mammal is NOT going to survive without its mother, so I don't know what anyone involved in this situation was thinking that she was "rescuing" it. But, I suppose Tori was coming from a place of being a "victim" and thinking that no one is "saving" me, so I'm going to show everyone how you're supposed to nurture a hurt little animal (i.e., herself). Yeah, you really showed them, Tori! That's saying something that the pig would have had a better chance of survival living in a goddamned slaughterhouse rather than the McDermot house of (emotional) horrors. And after Lucy died she says maybe there's a lesson to be learned here. Yes, yes, there is! The toxic relationships in your home are smothering. No one is going to come out of this happy and healthy!

The 13-day hospital stay over a sinus infection and bronchitis… She did NOT sound like she had bronchitis at all. However, I did notice that her face (sinuses) looked swollen even before the hospital trip, so I do buy that. (Yet, no one spends 2 weeks in the hospital for any of that!) However, when she was talking about her blood pressure being through the roof, I think the woman was having a serious anxiety attack. All of this started the night/next morning of the huge blow-out fight with Dean. I wonder whether they were just treating this as a medical issue or whether someone stepped up and said, let’s give her a psych eval. Now, if she was in a serious nervous breakdown—which to me viewing at home seemed to be the case--THAT I could see let’s keep her hospitalized until she’s stable. Yet, I couldn’t imagine her NOT telling that True Tori sTori on the show. If Dean’s psych hospitalization is TV fodder, wouldn’t Tori’s have been, too? Surely she would have said Dean made me have a nervous breakdown because he CHEATED and wanted to have his friend BABYSIT!

I did, however, give Dean a side-eye over the nonstop fits he was throwing about his “friend.” The lady doth protest too much! Maybe he was just angry that Tori was making him out to be this terrible person and not trusting him to help and accusing him of a future affair, etc. Ok. After thinking about it, I think Tori has been gaslighting him, so I don’t blame him for losing his freaking mind over it and not wanting his innocent friend to be dragged through the mud in the process. I know that Dean was upset that this show was painting him out to be a terrible person. I don't know whether he reads message boards, but, if so, he should feel better that this season truly was his "redemption story" and Tori came off as the one who's ruining the relationship. She keeps saying it hasn't been a year yet. Ok. It's been ALMOST a year. If you decide to stay with the person, then you ALSO have to decide to give up the anger and resentment and punishment. I know it's hard not to FEEL it, but you have to choose to let the feeling pass without lashing out at the person. You can't spend every minute of every day punishing the person who hurt you. And, obviously, Dean was redeemed a thousand times over with the whole storyline of Dean can’t be trusted to take care of the kids the way I do. You’re right, Tori. He doesn’t take care of the kids the way you do—he’s infinitely better at taking care of the kids than you are! If they do get divorced, this show is going to be Exhibit A in Dean getting custody of the children.

• Love 5

I feel ill. This episode disgusted me. Aside from my initial disgust at bringing home a baby pig, like it was her security baby doll, Tori needs hospitalization. Not for sinusitis (yeah, right), but a psychiatric facility. She functions like a five year old, but she knows how to be vindictive though. Yes, Tori, Dean does not hear you anymore, your "feelings" have been discussed to death and frankly nobody cares anymore, not even your friends. Dean is the only one who is making any sense to me. He is even more rational than Wexler, who must be getting paid to just pat Tori's hand and validate the pity party. The children appear well cared for and nurtured by Dean. I don't doubt Tori loves her kids, but she is too full of herself to take care of them. She walks around the house with a perpetual sour look on her face, annoyed by Dean, by the kids, etc. It appears Tori's reason for living is to punish Dean for his infidelity, and making him the scapegoat for her lifetime of emotional issues. Yeah, we got it, he was wrong. He has his own flawed thinking, but seriously, enough is enough. I wish Dean all the luck if he decides to escape this mess and find happiness elsewhere, being mentally flogged for eternity for cheating on an overgrown five year old is no life.

• Love 5

Ugh. I just can't with this woman. She is so needy, beyond needy. Way too needy to be a decent mom of four small children. Going out of your way to not deal with the issues you have with your husband by picking up yet another animal is selfish. To bring home a teeny tiny baby pig that has no business being away from its mother let alone being thrust in the germ fest that is a home with 4 kids. Plus to let the kids become attached to an animal when you know (or should know) that this pig may not make it. Plus, as Dean keeps saying, your house is chaos. Deal with getting your life in order before you bring in innocent animals.

Tori on the phone with her agent crying? Psycho. She was losing it and then Dr. Wexler asked if she wanted to talk it out, she immediately was fine and calmly told her agent she would call them back. Also don't complain about not making a crazy high income if you can't get out there and do 5 hours of work and get paid what a lot of people work months for.

Her hospital stay would have caused me.to throw in the towel if I were Dean. Maybe this is where all their money goes, hospital stays aren't cheap. She is just incredibly selfish and those kids do not deserve the life being forced on them. I feel they could have a pretty decent life with Dean and only Dean. The Halloween dinner was adorable and it didn't seem staged, I think he actually enjoys his kids and puts their wants and needs first.

• Love 7

Seeing the sobbing-in-the-therapists-office end of that phone call with the agent made me feel very, very bad for Tori's agent. Can you imagine having to deal with that? It's like trying to manage a toddler.

• Love 3

Wow, how pissed do you think Tori was when she saw this episode?

Her friends finally realized that she is certifiably insane after the pig situation. They all looked exhausted from dealing with her for a solid weekend.

Tori sees on tape that Dean is after all the better parent. She will never forgive him for that!  Poor guy, he does not have a chance at a life as long as he stays with her. His best plan is to dive into getting his acting career back on track so he can make enough money to leave her.  One minute she wants him to be a stay at home dad, the next she is whining that she has to be the primary bread winner. Which is it, bitch? I  believe she doesn't really want him to be successful because she won't be able to control him anymore.

Damn, hell has officially frozen over because I actually am rooting for Dean, lying cheater that he is.

• Love 11

As horrible as Tori was throughout this episode, I really can't help but feel somewhat badly for her.  She can verbalize all of her issues so well, and is told over and over and over again what she needs to do to change things by her friends, family, and therapist, and yet cannot and will not do them.  She works so hard to not do them that she's hospitalized.  And part of the reason she doesn't do them is because it's more lucrative not to- it's probably easier for her to see herself as Tori Spelling; Reality Show Trainwreck than it is to picture a world where she lives cheaply and quietly and out of the limelight.  She has aboslutely no idea what that looks like and it clearly scares the crap out of her. 

And as positive as Dean was with the kids and with his declaration that he's done with the show, I can't let him off the hook either.  He's sitll working incredibly hard to avoid dealing with the messy negative consequences of his cheating- the fact that he couldn't tell Dr. Wexler how Tori feels about the rehab babysitter fiasco was ridiculous.  You cheated on her, Dean.  She's going to be weird and freaked out over the idea of you being alone with a woman she doesn't know, and she's JUSTIFIED in that feeling.  Own that, instead of being all defensive and insisting that you were "just trying to help."

There's a lot of fake to this show, but last night's episode felt uncomfortably authentic in some ways.  Her friends saying that their being on the show is simply enabling her, Dean bluntly saying that things are better when she's not there, the breakdown/panic attack at the idea of going to work- I can't look away.

• Love 4
I'm so over Dr. Wexler at this point. All her pussy-footing around the issue makes me sick. "You need to take better care of yourself".

Yes. I wish Dr. Wexler and also Tori's friends would stop beating around the bush with generic advice like Tori "needs to take care of herself" and she needs to "put herself first." Because Tori is misinterpreting that. She thinks it means making herself the center of attention, and spending more time talking about her feelings and dredging up all of her emotional drama with everyone. 

They need to give her concrete advice: Eat more. Sleep more. Meditate. 

• Love 7
I was a bit concerned when Tori was heading out the door to take baby pig to the vet. Dean was clearly ransacking the house looking for something. Then, he said "I can't find any tape for Liam's arm!", what does she do? Gives a stupid look, puts her head down, and heads out the door with a comment about "only worried about the pig right now" WHAT THE FUCK? How about, "OMG - what happened to his arm? Is he ok?" Nope - all about Tori as usual.

A-fuckin-men! It's never about those kids. She prattles on and on about what a good mother she is, but she is rarely shown thinking of her children. Not when she's fighting loudly in front of them, not when she's holed up in bed or the hospital for days, not when she doesn't want a girl fresh from rehab watching them. No, not even then. Because that was - shocker! - all about her, and how it was too soon after the affair for Dean to have a female friend. 

Yes. I wish Dr. Wexler and also Tori's friends would stop beating around the bush with generic advice like Tori "needs to take care of herself" and she needs to "put herself first." Because Tori is misinterpreting that. She thinks it means making herself the center of attention, and spending more time talking about her feelings and dredging up all of her emotional drama with everyone.

They need to give her concrete advice: Eat more. Sleep more. Meditate.

Aside from the eating, I think she needs to actually focus less on herself. Start thinking of others, putting her kids and husband first, participating in charity. Something where SHE is not the main focus. Then maybe she will develop a soul. 

Edited by ghoulina
  • Love 6

Chunks of B.S.

I've had both sinusitis and brochitis several times.  You go to the doc, you get some antibiotics, and you go home.  1-2 sick days max.  You go back to work.  Also, that "hospital room" is suspect.  What hospital allows not only a camera crew, but a dog?  It didn't even look like a real hospital room.  As a celebrity in a LA hospital Tori would have had a private room, and the private rooms are not that bare bones.  She didn't look or sound like she was sick (not congested, no legit coughing, used tissues strewn about)

I see what she did here:  Antibiotics render your birth control pill in effective that month.  She can "accidentally" get pregnant again.  New season.  More tabloid coverage.  

B.S on the pig rescue.  No one is going to slaughter a recently pregnant pig or a tiny piglet.  Mamma pig exhausted her fat reserves feeding her fetuses, and newborn pigs have no meat.  Nice try.

B.S on Dean = super dad.  A table of 7 - 2 year olds sitting down to a meal is total chaos no matter what time of the day.  The kids behaved because they were prompted to and a camera crew was there.  

Tori's strained relationship with her own mother is because Candy is over Tori's drama.  Candy calls Tori to the table, and makes her accountable for her decisions.  Some may call it tough love.  I call it being a responsible adult.  Tori can't manipulate Candy, so Candy is useless to her.

The PR firm ditched Tori because her cost to the firm outweighs the revenue.  An X dollar payment for a 5 minute stint on Access Hollywood isn't making the PR firm any money if they have to have a fleet of employees track Tori down all week, reschedule interviews, and deal with her excuses and general prima-Donna-ness.

Was this the season finale?  Will there be a "reunion" or "Bonus" show (garbage pasted together off the editing room floor)?

Edited by Thula
  • Love 2

B.S on the pig rescue. No one is going to slaughter a recently pregnant pig or a tiny piglet. Mamma pig exhausted her fat reserves feeding her fetuses, and newborn pigs have no meat. Nice try.

Yeah, this was odd to me too. I was wondering if eating baby pigs was a new thing I didn't know about.

What the hell happened to that full blown menagerie they used to have? Chickens and goats and dogs and what ever else?

• Love 1

On another website, everyone is talking about how terrible Dean is to have said that Tori brings chaos.  For the entire show, Tori has berated him for being a lousy father who doesn't think of his kids-when all we have seen is Dean playing with the kids and making meals an adventure.  Tori sits on her bed and cries in front of the kids. She actually yelled at him because he allowed the babysitter to pick up the kids at school.  He didn't sell the kids into slavery, Tori.  He allowed the woman who is paid to take care of them to take care of them.  Wow, call CPS. 

Poor pig-you got off easy.

• Love 5
As horrible as Tori was throughout this episode, I really can't help but feel somewhat badly for her.  She can verbalize all of her issues so well, and is told over and over and over again what she needs to do to change things by her friends, family, and therapist, and yet cannot and will not do them.  She works so hard to not do them that she's hospitalized.  And part of the reason she doesn't do them is because it's more lucrative not to- it's probably easier for her to see herself as Tori Spelling; Reality Show Trainwreck than it is to picture a world where she lives cheaply and quietly and out of the limelight.  She has aboslutely no idea what that looks like and it clearly scares the crap out of her.

And that's why I don't feel bad for her.  It's not that she doesn't know what to do, it's that she doesn't want to do it.  She doesn't want to be out of the limelight, because she craves it.  She doesn't want to be healthy because then no one would feel sorry for her.  

Sure Dean cheated on her, but Tori married a cheater and she was a cheater as well.  I can't believe that she really expected a fairy tale out of that mess.

• Love 11
And Dr. Wexler, Tori isn't getting booked for gigs anymore because her husband cheated on her, she's not getting booked because she's a public spectacle and totally unreliable. That's on her, not on Dean.

Tori is very invested in this narrative that Dean RUINED EVERYTHING by having an affair, but I suspect that her downward spiral started even before that. She seems to think that the affair gives her license to blame everything on Dean. She doesn't go to work and it's Dean's fault because he had an affair. She still has her 15-year-old recalled implants in because she doesn't take care of herself because Dean had an affair. She can't trust Dean to take care of the kids because he had an affair. Etc., etc., etc. It's insane and Wexler just validates it all. Tori's reaction to the affair is very unhealthy and, in fact, is causing way more problems for her and her family than the affair did. If a wife has to get cheated on, Dean's weekend with Emily Goodhand is pretty much the best case scenario. He was only with her for 2 days in another country; she's disappeared from the face of the earth; he has been clear from the beginning that he still loves his wife and doesn't want to leave her. How would Tori handle a situation where her husband decided the other woman was his soul mate, walked out on her and their newly adopted baby, and joined with his new wife in trashing her publicly?

I feel like Tori is committing a career murder-suicide with this show. It seems that it's already hurt her professionally and she comes off more crazy and unreliable with each episode. She's painted Dean as a morally impaired, hotheaded, wackjob whose own wife thinks he's unstable. He's been shown throwing tantrums on the show many times. I can't see a lot of people looking at him as someone they would want to work with. There's no shortage of bloated, middle-aged, marginally talented actors in Hollywood, so I would assume that it's really important to be seen as easy to get along with and reliable if that's your niche.

Edited by TheRealT
  • Love 7

My major complaint about the show is it's impact on the kids. Neither Tori nor Dean have voiced any concern over how all this drama AND having cameras around will affect them. I don't want to hear that they are used to the crew and think of them like family ( Kate Gosselin spewed that BS).

Dinner time with small children doesn't always mean chaos. Dean was talking to the kids and engaging them while they ate. The parent(s) set the mood for the meal and the atmosphere at the table. I did think dinner at 7pm was kind of late for young children though. 

Tori is sick.. in the head. Really sick in the head. When Dean told her he thought the show had helped him and them but now he feels it's becoming a hindrance and a distraction to their lives and he wants off, she just looked at him and said but I WANT to continue as if her opinion and desires are all that matter. And when she tells that idiot therapist that Dean makes poor moral judgments, I wanted the therapist to ask her about her moral judgment in cheating on her hubby while Dean cheated on his wife.

Dean is no prize, but Tori is impossible. There were a couple of  scenes where it looked like Dean's blood pressure must have been off the rails, he was beet red, yet Tori sits calmly in her hospital bed with her little doggie by her side and says her blood pressure is thru the roof? Run Dean and take those 4 kids with you.

• Love 9

I'm guessing that the pig was going to be raised for slaughter, as many pigs are. Tori overstated it a bit when she said that Lucy was going to be slaughtered. Yes, when it reached adulthood, but not before.

It's common sense to not let a newborn leave its mother's care. I think that was about the first thing that Dean said, very strongly, upon Tori's big reveal: "That pig needs to be with its mother." Totally, totally Team Dean on that one. Very sad that the piglet had to suffer at their hands.

• Love 6