Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

I think A&E said in a teaser interview that they had never done a real-world boyfriend before, when they were discussing Zelena and 7B.  I wouldn't trust them as far as I would throw them, though.

Edited by Camera One
8 hours ago, Camera One said:

I think A&E said in a teaser interview that they had never done a real-world boyfriend before, when they were discussing Zelena and 7B.  I wouldn't trust them as far as I would throw them, though.

Yes, because all the ambiguity in the finale about Zelena's cursed self being engaged to some unspecified man is totally going to turn out to be some regular Joe. Suuuuuurrrrreeeeeee. 

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Yes, because all the ambiguity in the finale about Zelena's cursed self being engaged to some unspecified man is totally going to turn out to be some regular Joe. Suuuuuurrrrreeeeeee. 

A&E looooathe the regular Joe types. Anything remotely normal is a snore to them.

I found the quote from A&E, about Zelena, her Cursed personality, and her fiancé:

"What that curse life is and was becomes very important and something she has to wrestle with in a serious way," Horowitz says. "The fiance is a real thing. She really does have one, and we really will be exploring that in the second half of the season. It is someone from the real world, and that is the one thing we haven't done. We've had people that we thought were from the real world but turned out to be flying monkeys. One of the things we're going to see is she's going to be having this conflicting attitude. She's never had a cursed persona, so there's Kelly, and then there's Zelena, and then there's this person, and how do you tell somebody that you were once the Wicked Witch? There's a whole mess of emotional problems that lay ahead for her."

Edited by Camera One
38 minutes ago, KingOfHearts said:

Under normal circumstances, Zelena's fiance would bring some interesting conflict to the table. But remember the last time a fairy tale character was dating a person from the Real World? It was Neal and Tamara.

Don't forget Walsh! 

• Love 1
12 hours ago, Camera One said:

I found the quote from A&E, about Zelena, her Cursed personality, and her fiancé:

"What that curse life is and was becomes very important and something she has to wrestle with in a serious way," Horowitz says. "The fiance is a real thing. She really does have one, and we really will be exploring that in the second half of the season. It is someone from the real world, and that is the one thing we haven't done. We've had people that we thought were from the real world but turned out to be flying monkeys. One of the things we're going to see is she's going to be having this conflicting attitude. She's never had a cursed persona, so there's Kelly, and then there's Zelena, and then there's this person, and how do you tell somebody that you were once the Wicked Witch? There's a whole mess of emotional problems that lay ahead for her."

So all S7b seems to have are pointless LIs so far...(Regina's LI, Zelena's fiancé, etc.).

• Love 1

Looking at the year ahead, Adelaide will finish filming Once Upon a Time this month and get back to Los Angeles just in time for another pilot season. 'I'm excited to jump into auditioning next year and see what pops up', she says, 'We all have good years and bad years, and I feel like maybe the universe is holding a project for me and it just isn't the right time yet.'

Wasn’t there also a rumor that the Tremaine actress will be gone too? Are both mother and daughter being killed off soon?

They need to start throwing away their old play-things and prepare for their new shiny toys of coven witches.  Eight witches = a few new ones, and each one gets a centric?  Tiana also gets a centric, as does Alice/Robin and probably another for Jacinda/Henry, another for Gothel, another for Rumple, another for Whook, another for Regina, another for Zelena.  An exit flashback for Tremaine/Drizella.  That probably fills out 7B.

And no doubt they're going to try a re-re-quel pitch.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Rumsy4 said:

Wasn’t there also a rumor that the Tremaine actress will be gone too? Are both mother and daughter being killed off soon?

Yes, Tremaine is also on her way out as well.

That's nice for Adelaide to get off the show before pilot season. This show is not getting an eighth, so it's not like she's losing out. I'd bet there are other actors on this show who'd like to be free to film a pilot.

• Love 6

I hope this show doesn't hurt Adelaide's chances of getting another show because I think she's the best actress of the newbies and she was lead on Reign so she can carry a show. I would love to see Colin and Lana both in something else as well. They need to get away from this mess. They, too, can do much better. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

I hope this show doesn't hurt Adelaide's chances of getting another show because I think she's the best actress of the newbies 

I doubt it will.  She made her character stand out and she was a recurring character in a big name show.  She expanded her repertoire to play the antagonist and got exposure for those of us who didn't watch "Reign".

• Love 1

All of this just screams cancellation to me. They're literally one by one getting rid of the "fresh new air" that was supposed to be "the  new stablitiy" of the show. They're getting rid of every single person connected to Cinderella. Literally makes no sense when she's the albeat horrific main heroine we won't have anymore background on her at all. That's what this says and that to me indicates the show is over. That and Lana's tweet scream cancellation to me and they all know. Adelaide especially was supposed to be promoted and it seems they realize since they're not getting another season of this flop reboot they have to kill off all the characters they set up for a wrap up with Gothel as the big bad of the reboot. It's so so bad. I'm 100% certain S7 will be struck from the canon by all people after it's done airing.

• Love 5
13 hours ago, cappoe said:

All of this just screams cancellation to me. They're literally one by one getting rid of the "fresh new air" that was supposed to be "the  new stablitiy" of the show. They're getting rid of every single person connected to Cinderella. Literally makes no sense when she's the albeat horrific main heroine we won't have anymore background on her at all. That's what this says and that to me indicates the show is over. That and Lana's tweet scream cancellation to me and they all know. Adelaide especially was supposed to be promoted and it seems they realize since they're not getting another season of this flop reboot they have to kill off all the characters they set up for a wrap up with Gothel as the big bad of the reboot. It's so so bad. I'm 100% certain S7 will be struck from the canon by all people after it's done airing.

Basically, s7b is just setting up to be a barren mess where A&E just gave up and dumped a bunch of new characters in because they don't know what they're doing.

Gothel just feels like a blander version of the Black Fairy from last season all over again.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Free said:

Gothel just feels like a blander version of the Black Fairy from last season all over again.

Hell, there are times when I think they practically look the same and it confuses me. 

• Love 4

These writers are super creative with their episode titles. Broken Heart, Heart of Darkness, Heartless, Heart of Gold, Queen of Hearts, The Heart is a Lonely Hunter, The Heart of the Truest Believer, The Song In Your Heart. Broken, Broken Heart. The Price of Gold, The Price.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 3

I really hope we get a thirteenth season so we can eventually get titles like "Heart Attack", "Heart Murmur", "Heart Palpitations", "Heart of Stone", "Bleeding Heart", "Cross My Heart", "Eat Your Heart Out", "Faint of Heart", "From The Heart", "Heart of the Matter", "Heavy Heart", "Young At Heart", "Sinking Heart", "Take Heart", "Heart Bypass Surgery", "Heart Failure", and finally, "Cross My Heart And Hope To Die".

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, jhlipton said:

Not to mention "Total Eclipse of the Heart" (which, of course, will have a literal eclipse as part of the plot)

Is that the episode where they are suddenly transported to the 80s and a curse is placed on the town so they can only speak in power ballad lyrics? Loved that one! Of course, when the moon gave the sun a TLK (which is totally what I now think an eclipse really is), the curse was broken and they all went back to being their own boring selves. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

Is that the episode where they are suddenly transported to the 80s and a curse is placed on the town so they can only speak in power ballad lyrics? Loved that one! Of course, when the moon gave the sun a TLK (which is totally what I now think an eclipse really is), the curse was broken and they all went back to being their own boring selves. 

This is far too cool for A&E!

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

Replying in "All Seasons", since this isn't spoilers related.

Any guesses about the well-known members of the Coven of 8 Witches?  A&E teased that some of them will be iconic characters.  They don't dare to try Maleficent again, do they?   I'm surprised they haven't brought some elements of "Into the Woods" into the Gothel/Rapunzel story... could that Witch be one of the 8?  What other well-known witches are there, anyway?  The Coven must be pretty pathetic if they sent an invitation to the reformed Zelena.

EQ from Wish Verse

EQ who split off from Regina and lived happily ever after with Robin

EQ from Cinderella's land and any witch from S1-S6 recast from Cinderella's land

Madame Mim (Sword and the Stone)

Yzma (Emperor's New Groove)

Orddu, Orwen, and Orgoch (The Black Cauldron)

and Magica De Spell (Duck Tales) in some kind of weird nod to Howard the Duck and Marvel

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Camera One said:

Any guesses about the well-known members of the Coven of 8 Witches?  A&E teased that some of them will be iconic characters.  They don't dare to try Maleficent again, do they?   I'm surprised they haven't brought some elements of "Into the Woods" into the Gothel/Rapunzel story... could that Witch be one of the 8?  What other well-known witches are there, anyway?  The Coven must be pretty pathetic if they sent an invitation to the reformed Zelena.

I'm wondering if one of them is actually Dr. Facilier, since he's coming back in the second half. I realize he's a guy, but I don't think that would stop these writers. 

The Coat Hangers suck. We had already had a group of iconic witches - they were the Queen of Darkness, and they were totally wasted.

Edited by KingOfHearts
11 hours ago, KingOfHearts said:

We had already had a group of iconic witches - they were the Queen of Darkness, and they were totally wasted.

I will never get over how horribly they squandered that whole concept. I was so excited about the Queens of Darkness and then...blat. It amounted to nothing. What a waste.

• Love 2

I imagine half of the coven will remain coat hangers, or at least figures obscured by those cloaks. We'll only meet a few actual characters filling out those cloaks. It'll be like all those past Dark Ones who were essentially coat hangers.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Shanna Marie said:

I imagine half of the coven will remain coat hangers, or at least figures obscured by those cloaks.

Given how they woobify all their villains, the coat hangers might actually be scarier than if they make them actual human witches. It would also be wonderful if Gothel was so batshit she has been recruiting coat hangers this whole time.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

Given how they woobify all their villains, the coat hangers might actually be scarier than if they make them actual human witches. It would also be wonderful if Gothel was so batshit she has been recruiting coat hangers this whole time.

With references to Joan Crawford and "back alley doctors"...

• Love 1
23 hours ago, Souris said:

Does Disney own the rights to Samantha and Endora from Bewitched?

We would find out Samantha had accidentally started the path that caused the death of Serena's boyfriend, and that she was really the evil one (not that Serena was evil, but she was more likely to wear black and wear something low cut).

Also, Aunt Clara inadvertently was the one who caused the rift between Endora and Maurice, causing Endora to go from sweetness and light to turning people into various animals and hating mortals.  Clara was really the dark sister.  Endora would no doubt have a lot more cleavage.   Darrin was also responsible for every bad thing Endora did to him (that one might not be far off - he could be kind of a controlling ass).

• Love 5

"Breadcrumbs" is the episode title that Adam sneak peeked today.  It also describes what a typical episode of this show leaves for viewers.

Maybe the Disenchanted Forest's version of the Hansel & Gretel Witch will be one of the members of the Coven.  We actually never saw the full Hansel and Gretel story with the actual breadcrumbs, so maybe this will be our chance.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 1

We actually won’t see any breadcrumbs in the episode. We infer it from the names Hansel and Gretel. It turns out, they were evil like Pan, and tried to kill the Witch. She only shoved them into the oven to protect herself. It’s not her fault!!

• Love 5

In Hyperion Heights, a new food truck - Eloise's Swamp Meal - starts selling beignets, but Tiana and Jacinda realize they have stolen her recipe that uses breadcrumbs!  In the flashbacks, we find out that Mother Gothel started off as Gretel, who becomes the head of a witch's Coven when she defeats the Witch.  But it is at a cost.  Her brother Hansel only has one breath left in him and Gretel-Gothel would do whatever it takes to find the Guardian to bring her beloved back to life.  Meanwhile, Eloise races against Weaver, Rogers and Tilly to find Hansel's coffin at a bakery that bakes bread.  Could magical breadcrumbs lead them to Hansel?  Could the love she has for her brother bring humanity back to Mother Gothel, who was maternal at heart?  Or had someone already resurrected him and he was sent into the World Without Magic and ultimately became Zelena's regular-guy fiancé?

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 7
46 minutes ago, Camera One said:

In the flashbacks, we find out that Mother Gothel started off as Gretel, who becomes the head of a witch's Coven when she defeats the Witch.

I know this is a joke, but I actually wouldn't be surprised. There was a bad Sci Fi Channel "fantasy cheese" movie in which Gretel became (or was possessed by) the witch. As I recall, she was played by Shannen Doherty. It would be just like this show to give Gothel the sad backstory of doing all she's done for a "good" reason, all her scheming with the tower to create a Guardian who could save her brother's life. And "Gothel" and "Gretel" are pretty close. She did send Rogers that fancy cake, which might fit with the gingerbread house thing.

• Love 1

Any new scoop on the Coven of Eight on Once Upon a Time? — Jason
Just that it sounds like some of the Coven may not necessarily evil. “Some of them turn out to be not quite the personalities or the figureheads that they seem to be,” Andrew J. West tells me. “We’re going to see some people had different goals all along and those will be revealed down the line. There could be some characters that are way more complex than just evil or just good. We’ll see some characters who had intentions that you could label as evil that could start to change or see the light. Who will that be? Will that be Gothel? We don’t know yet.”

Is Jason somebody here, LOL.  Oh I forgot there are some websites out there that really appreciate Season 7.

"Way more complex than just evil or just good".  Riiiight.  Everyone in this Coven watched an innocent person (Henry) be condemned to death to enact the Dark Curse.  Cue Tremaine and Drizella's redemption before they bite the dust, I guess.  Throw in a sob story for Gothel and these witches and you have another season of Once Upon an Excuse for Misunderstood Baddies.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 5