Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Rumsy4 said:

According to Rebecca Mader, Zelena's daughter is a female version Robin Hood. I'm too lazy to look up the interview, but I read it on tumblr. She also uses the word "cute" four times in reference to Robyn. 

Here's the link: http://ew.com/tv/2017/12/13/once-upon-a-time-rebecca-mader-zelena-return/

How different is this character to play?
It’s a completely different person. I’ve still got a big red mane of hair. Kelly and Zelena are completely different. Although toward the end of season 6, Zelena had softened and had become a little more delightful than she was when we first saw her in season 3. It’s not a massive stretch. Also, obviously I lost my magic, too, at the end of season 6. The fun of it is I have no clue who I am and I’m just skipping around being adorable, not knowing that I’m an incredibly powerful person. It’s similar. I think she’s a bit more sweet and less complex than Zelena.

Less complex?  What a great acting challenge.  If she's so sweet, why would she have a grudge against Roni?

The actress that’s playing her, Tiera [Skovbye], is really, really good, and really cute. We have great chemistry, and I’m really enjoying working with her. I think it’s great casting. It’s really cute. I didn’t realize at first, but I love the fact that she’s this new female re-imagined Robin Hood. It’s really cute. She totally looks like she’s got greenish blue eyes like Sean [Maguire], which makes me miss Sean. We have a really good relationship.

Here's the cute quote x 3.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Camera One said:

Here's the link: http://ew.com/tv/2017/12/13/once-upon-a-time-rebecca-mader-zelena-return/

Less complex?  What a great acting challenge.  If she's so sweet, why would she have a grudge against Roni?

My question is when exactly was Zelena complex? Cause when she was promoted to regular she literally was comic relief for the majority of her screentime and she was missing for like 5-6 episodes in a row. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, cappoe said:

No it's not because it honors that any Hook's true love is going to be Emma romantic wise. Colin even said the saem thing, any version of Hook will choose Emma. And furthermore it's the final season, why even bother? That's why they introduced another true love for him, his daughter. He doesn't need romance.

That and not every character needs to be in a romantic relationship. It's okay for a character to be single. Even when they're as good looking as Rogers. Having him remain single is the right decision. It would be a mistake to give him a LI. And besides, having his true love be his daughter gives Colin something different to do. 

As far as Rebecca, good grief. So is Robyn cute or not because that really wasn't clear. Honestly this doesn't give me much hope for the Robyn character. A re-imagined Robin Hood could be a good thing if it meant she was closer to the original Robin Hood story, but it probably means she's like her dad. Who basically had no personality. So yay?

• Love 3
29 minutes ago, Camera One said:

Oh, thanks for the link. One of the best parts of this season is @Camera One hanging out with us in the spoilers thread. :-D

7 minutes ago, VoicePlaya said:

A re-imagined Robin Hood could be a good thing if it meant she was closer to the original Robin Hood story, but it probably means she's like her dad. Who basically had no personality. So yay?

Maybe the other part of her dad's soul fused with hers, and she's basically a reincarnation of her father. :-p

• Love 1

LOL, I'm now permanently Dark from being in here.

I thought the part in the Sneak Peek where she had her head down and her hair covering her face was amusing.  Roni and Henry had such a long car ride but she didn't tell him their target was a fitness instructor?

• Love 1

I don't think I would go to a fitness instructor who calls you a "monkey".  

So let's speculate about the feud... Roni complained during Kelly's spin class and Kelly accused her of spreading negative energy in the room, so Roni tried to get a refund for her annual pass but Kelly refused.  

I have mixed feelings about the cursed personalities. WHook, Rumple, Tiana, Drizella, and Murderella all seem to work okay. But Regina as a bartender? Henry as a Not!Uber driver? In S1, everyone's occupations and identities were tied somehow to their fairy tale selves. They reflected their personalities. In the Underworld, the occupations were poetic "punishments" for what they did when they were alive. Milah was a crossing guard because she left her child, Gaston worked at the animal shelter because he was a hunter, etc. But in Hyperion Heights, either their identities are just excuses to show how "modern" everything is now (like Henry as a Not!Uber driver and Zelena as a crossfit trainer) or they just fit the needs of the plot. (Regina as a bartender, Rapunzel as an evil land developer.) 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, KingOfHearts said:

But in Hyperion Heights, either their identities are just excuses to show how "modern" everything is now (like Henry as a Not!Uber driver and Zelena as a crossfit trainer) or they just fit the needs of the plot. (Regina as a bartender, Rapunzel as an evil land developer.) 

I agree Henry's identity was basically to establish it's 2017 and totally not the 1980s anymore (except for the mixed tape stuff since we love the 80s and we can't let go).

Zelena's was meant to be a clever play on her riding a bicycle like Mrs. Gulch in the Wizard of Oz (I'm guessing).

Edited by Camera One

Zelena's was meant to be a clever play on her riding a bicycle like Mrs. Gulch in Wizard of Oz (I'm guessing).

It was so clunky though. Like you said - who the heck would call their clients "monkeys"? It would have been more clever if it were more subtle. It's like when Roni called herself a "regular queen". Who talks like that?

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, KingOfHearts said:

It was so clunky though. Like you said - who the heck would call their clients "monkeys"? It would have been more clever if it were more subtle. It's like when Roni called herself a "regular queen". Who talks like that?

LOL, A&E would be so offended.  By clunky, do you mean awesome?  I don't remember who (maybe Adam?), but someone was hyping that this reveal of the Curse personality would be earth-shattering.  

I still cringed at "I'm a regular queen" just reading it.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, KingOfHearts said:

Both of those made me cringe. When I was watching the clip, I was like "was that really necessary?"

4 hours ago, VoicePlaya said:

That and not every character needs to be in a romantic relationship. It's okay for a character to be single. Even when they're as good looking as Rogers. Having him remain single is the right decision. It would be a mistake to give him a LI. And besides, having his true love be his daughter gives Colin something different to do.

As Oncebluethrone said, it's more likely if there's a Season 8. It would be a palette cleanser from his only "romance" onscreen having been with a deceptive witch, whether it's True Love on the Snow/Charming/Emma/Hook/Henry/Ella level or not (in fact, anything that's not intended to be on the Henry/Ella level is likely to be more convincing with these writers).

2 hours ago, KingOfHearts said:

But Regina as a bartender? Henry as a Not!Uber driver?

2 hours ago, Camera One said:

Zelena's was meant to be a clever play on her riding a bicycle like Mrs. Gulch in the Wizard of Oz (I'm guessing).

Being a Not!Uber driver fits with being an out-of-work writer. Being a bartender I suppose fits with either being as down-to-earth and different from Mayor Regina as possible or with being the heart and soul of the neighborhood as they seem to think she is. Now that she's pretty much fulfilling Snow White's role. But Zelena as a fitness instructor? Even as a reference to Miss Gulch (not Mrs., she was a spinster), that's out of the blue. It doesn't even seem like the opposite of her personality, just random. Would have made more sense if she were a midwife like she pretended to be.

I'd like to note that according to the interview and the ABC press release, Robin's name is spelled with an I, just like her father's, not a Y like the female Robyn Hood in Zenescope's Grimm Fairy Tales.

4 hours ago, cappoe said:

This is assuming two things.

The show getting an 8th season and also if Colin is gonna stay which he probably isn't cause his contract is up after this season.

This is the lowest rated show on ABC, it to me has no chance of renewal. Everyone is already predicting cancellation. There's no reason to give this show an 8th season. Before the season started they said that they could wrap the show up with S7.

Also a part of me thinks if the Guardian is Alice there's a catch to being the Guardian where the Guardian may have to die and if it's Alice I think Rogers will sacrifice himself to save his daughter. While Rumple dies cause he is free of the curse.

I wasn't assuming anything. I know the ratings are bad, but nothing's set in stone yet. Besides, more than ratings are considered when networks make a decision to renew or cancel a show.  If there's a season 8, Colin could be in it since he has his family to think of and because he enjoys being on the show. There's also an equal chance of him not renewing his contract. This is all hypothetical of course, since the question of "Will there be a Season 8?" hasn't been answered yet.

Nope, Rogers isn't dying, nuh uh, can't hear you. Knightrook will live forever.

• Love 3

I'm already shedding one little tear for Anastasia, who I doubt will last the hour.  I have a feeling A&E will end with a "powerful" moment like "The Heart is a Lonely Hunter".  I can imagine Henry coming back to Hyperion Heights and being heartbroken that Lucy is in the hospital and he kisses her on the forehead, and Anastasia dies in Victoria and Ivy's arms, or alternately, Ivy cries while she crushes her beloved sister Anastasia's heart.

The second twist will happen in the flashbacks regarding the casting of the Curse, no doubt involving one of the "heroes" - Regina, Henry or Jacinda.

• Love 1

So, how does  Gothel manage to develop a relationship with Anastasia when Victoria’s sure to be hovering over her newly resurrected daughter? 

If Victoria dies, she’d likely get a sacrificial death, probably in trying to save Ana’s life. 

2 minutes ago, Rumsy4 said:

If Victoria dies, she’d likely get a sacrificial death, probably in trying to save Ana’s life. 

I mean, if they kill Victoria off, I won't give a shit because she's been in about 12 scenes total before her centric episode. She's had no purpose until this last episode, when she actually did something. 

They've done a shit job at exploring her character. She's been more of an annoyance than anything. But they probably do want Gothel to be the actual Big Bad and since they're cycling through the Big Bads this season, they may want to get rid of one. 

Or, since Adelaide Kane isn't a regular, they could just kill off Drizella/Ivy, which would piss me off because I care about her more than Gothel and Victoria/Rapunzel combined. 

• Love 3
55 minutes ago, Rumsy4 said:

Her centric seemed like an effort to make her character more likeable so her death would have more meaning. Did the writers even know she was Rapunzel when they wrote the first episode?

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

I mean, if they kill Victoria off, I won't give a shit because she's been in about 12 scenes total before her centric episode. She's had no purpose until this last episode, when she actually did something. 

They've done a shit job at exploring her character. She's been more of an annoyance than anything. But they probably do want Gothel to be the actual Big Bad and since they're cycling through the Big Bads this season, they may want to get rid of one. 

Or, since Adelaide Kane isn't a regular, they could just kill off Drizella/Ivy, which would piss me off because I care about her more than Gothel and Victoria/Rapunzel combined. 

It seems like more of the same problems, they don't have enough material to last through the full season, at this point almost everyone is awake and there's not much they can do currently so they're switching villains for the back half.

28 minutes ago, Free said:

It seems like more of the same problems, they don't have enough material to last through the full season, at this point almost everyone is awake and there's not much they can do currently so they're switching villains for the back half.

And I assume Gothel sounds like a better final villain then Tremaine for the series though it's still severely underwhelming. Black Fairy could destroy Gothel I imagine.

I don't know why I've watched that laughingly bad sneak peek 6 or 7 times already.  I guess it's better than eating a bag of chips or something.

Since Zelena has lost her magic, was she training young witches in Oz and brought them to the Alt Enchanted Forest?  I wonder if it will be yet another coincidence that she happens to go there, or if she is summoned by Regina.  I hope it's the latter since at least that makes some sense.  

12 hours ago, Rumsy4 said:

Yep, because she's all about family. 

Though I suspect Anastasia will die sooner rather than later.

I wonder if Anastasia will find out she murdered that Fairy Godmother in cold blood and had Daddy Dearest killed.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, Camera One said:

I wonder if Anastasia will find out she murdered that Fairy Godmother in cold blood and had Daddy Dearest killed.

Based on this show's track record, either it will never come up or we'll never see her reaction, and all she'll care about is that her mother loved her enough to revive her. They'll reconcile in a big hug, and supposedly pure of heart Anastasia won't care at all about all the harm her mother did.

• Love 1
On ‎12‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 2:56 PM, cappoe said:

And I assume Gothel sounds like a better final villain then Tremaine for the series though it's still severely underwhelming. Black Fairy could destroy Gothel I imagine.

Probably, but that isn't saying much considering the comparison though.

• Love 1

TVLINE | Does Rumple perhaps have the means to awaken Wish Hook and Tilly?
KITSIS | He doesn’t. We’re pretty much in a land without magic, and the only people that seem to wield it are people that were smart enough to come over awake. He doesn’t have the magic to wake them up, so he has to do it the old-fashioned way, through motivation.

Except we JUST saw in this episode that Regina easily woke Zelena in San Francisco aka, a land without magic, using that magic liquid in the vial.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, Camera One said:

Except we JUST saw in this episode that Regina easily woke Zelena in San Francisco aka, a land without magic, using that magic liquid in the vial.

Exactly. Although, APPARENTLY, it was the only vial that Drizella had with magic....but the statement about people being awake because they're smart enough to come over awake. Um, no, idiots, that's not what happened. Drizella was stupid enough to trust Gothel, so she ain't smart. Regina had to be woken up by Drizella, and Rumple had to get shot in order to awaken his memories. Also, the curse screwed up when Alice started to awaken, right before Victoria put her right back under, so clearly she has the capacity to be awoken, and NOT by stupid sheer will or motivation or whatever that crap is. 

Also, Anastacia has been shown with powerful magic, so I'm guessing that'll be their ticket to wake at least one more person up. Watch your own show, geniuses. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Lady Calypso said:

Exactly. Although, APPARENTLY, it was the only vial that Drizella had with magic....but the statement about people being awake because they're smart enough to come over awake. Um, no, idiots, that's not what happened. Drizella was stupid enough to trust Gothel, so she ain't smart. Regina had to be woken up by Drizella, and Rumple had to get shot in order to awaken his memories. Also, the curse screwed up when Alice started to awaken, right before Victoria put her right back under, so clearly she has the capacity to be awoken, and NOT by stupid sheer will or motivation or whatever that crap is. 

Also, Anastacia has been shown with powerful magic, so I'm guessing that'll be their ticket to wake at least one more person up. Watch your own show, geniuses. 

Agreed, the curse was a huge waste of time.

Drizella was so dumb to think that Gothel wouldn't have her own agenda.

From EW interview

For now, the Coven’s true motives are somewhat shrouded in mystery. “The Coven is going to be different [from the villains we’ve seen before] because it’s led by Mother Gothel,” Kitsis says. “What she wants is going to directly affect one of our characters and yet the audience doesn’t know which one yet. They would assume it is based on what they’ve seen, because we’ve seen her be locked up, but as Lady Tremaine warned us, ‘Don’t let her out,’ she is out and we’re going to be realizing they’re gunning after one of our characters for a very specific reason.”

I mean, right now she's basically a threat to everyone.  She has kept her REAL target top-secret up until now because of what?  She'll probably be "gunning" for them in an extremely round-about way possible, so no need to worry, everyone.

Alas, the OUAT bosses are coy to reveal any of the Coven member’s identities, only teasing there will be a pretty major new face among them. “I think there’s going to be some surprises,” Kitsis says. “What happens with the witch story line hopefully will also be surprising. We will be seeing someone in episode 11, which is a reference we’ve never done before, which is from the Haunted Mansion.” (Crossing fingers for Madame Leota!)

So basically Queens of Darkness x 8.  

Kitsis says. “Drizella’s desire for revenge only grows stronger. We’ve seen moments of kindness from Drizella, so we’ll have to see whether or not she is fully an Evil Stepsister, or if she can be redeemed, but right now, she’s out for revenge.”

So what she has done is not "fully" evil yet?  If her revenge has not re-directed to Gothel by now, she's clearly too stupid to live.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, Camera One said:

or if she can be redeemed, but right now, she’s out for revenge.”

Hasn't she killed a few people with no remorse and gotten a sick enjoyment out of it?  They really need to quit trying to redeem people who are straight out sociopaths.  Being a cold blooded murderer with no pangs of conscience is pretty much already "fully evil".

• Love 5
On 12/16/2017 at 7:41 AM, Lady Calypso said:

AND since the only reason that Alice is still "asleep" is that Victoria wanted her that way because she didn't want anyone interfering with the curse that Victoria thought she herself had cast.  Now that everything is pretty much out in the open anyway, there's no longer any reason for Victoria to want or need to keep Alice under the curse, unless Gothel still wants her that way for some reason.

19 hours ago, CCTC said:

Hasn't she killed a few people with no remorse and gotten a sick enjoyment out of it?  They really need to quit trying to redeem people who are straight out sociopaths.  Being a cold blooded murderer with no pangs of conscience is pretty much already "fully evil".

But...but..Regina.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Shanna Marie said:

That's if waking up Alice and Whook would do [Rumple] any good. But then we'd need to know more about what was actually going on with them.

I'm taking this to the spoiler thread because I was thinking about something A&E said in a teaser interview.

TVLINE | And will the trick for Rumple be to enlist the help of Rogers and Tilly without spelling out exactly what’s going on, with this Coven of Eight being in town?
KITSIS |  That is exactly what’s going to happen. We’re going to be seeing an arc with the witches that will involve of the three of them, where he is going to have to communicate that a coven of witches are back to create Hell on Earth — but he can’t use those terms. [Laughs] His job is hard, but it’s fun watching him motivate them towards his goals.

KITSIS | He doesn’t. We’re pretty much in a land without magic, and the only people that seem to wield it are people that were smart enough to come over awake. He doesn’t have the magic to wake them up, so he has to do it the old-fashioned way, through motivation.

So apparently, this will make sure the "real world" charade of this show continues.  So will Weaver tell Rogers that Eloise Gardener was actually a criminal mob-boss with a group of female criminals who are hurting the people of Hyperion Heights?

Edited by Camera One
9 hours ago, Camera One said:

So apparently, this will make sure the "real world" charade of this show continues.  So will Weaver tell Rogers that Eloise Gardener was actually a criminal mob-boss with a group of female criminals who are hurting the people of Hyperion Heights?

God, why? Why are they pretending that we want to see the "real world" charade continue all season? The magic of the first season was that they lived in this real world, but it dealt with the Enchanted Forest world quite blatantly. They were upfront about the curse, basically gave the gist of what happened in the pilot, and then filled in the blanks slowly throughout the first season. 

• Love 1

God, why? Why are they pretending that we want to see the "real world" charade continue all season? The magic of the first season was that they lived in this real world, but it dealt with the Enchanted Forest world quite blatantly. They were upfront about the curse, basically gave the gist of what happened in the pilot, and then filled in the blanks slowly throughout the first season. 

Yes, it makes no sense.  Because once again the magical villains will overpower everyone else because they can just poof stuff into existence while Whook and Alice stumble onto graffiti.  The only two pockets of Unawake are Whook/Alice and Henry/Jacinda/Tiana, who do what?  Try to represent single mothers everywhere and their rolling bayous?

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 3

Did you know from the start you would be incorporating this LGBTQ storyline when you created a new version of Alice?
Kitsis: Yes, we did it from the beginning of the year. What we wanted to do for the finale was we purposefully didn't say who cast the curse so it would be a mystery through the first half of the season, and then what we wanted to do for the finale was time jump. So we see Alice and Robin in love, and for the second half of the season, we're going to see how they met and how they got to that place. Of course in Seattle, very much like Snow (Ginnifer Goodwin) and Charming (Josh Dallas), they don't know each other. They don't remember each other, and they don't even realize they're in love. So we're going to see how they met in the fairytale side, and we're going to root for them to find each other in Seattle.

Isn't this exactly what they tried to do with Henry and Jacinda in 7A?  

• Love 4
On 12/17/2017 at 9:26 PM, Camera One said:

They've already forgotten that Regina was able to awaken Zelena.  Do they even pay attention to their own show anymore?

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Camera One said:

Isn't this exactly what they tried to do with Henry and Jacinda in 7A?  

Calling every couple in season 7 Snow and Charming just makes them all the more lamer in comparison.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Rumsy4 said:

Calling every couple in season 7 Snow and Charming just makes them all the more lamer in comparison.

None of them will ever come close to being like Snow and Charming. None can even compare, not even Robin/Alice. They're still my favourite couple on this show, so it feels like an insult when they compare other couples to them. 

I also will need the show to stop giving their infamous lines to other characters, because if I hear one more person say "I will always find you", I might scream. 

• Love 5

They're still my favourite couple on this show, so it feels like an insult when they compare other couples to them. 

This! The entire show is based on the epic true love of Snow White and Prince Charming. It was their true love that resulted in Emma being the Savior. You know, until they decided there were other saviors. Ugh. I hate how this show ruins it's own storylines and shits all over it's own mythology.

If I didn't know better I'd think the show runners had changed and the new ones were trying to destroy everything the originals created because they had their own vision for the show, but, unless I'm mistaken, the same morons have been running this show (into the ground) from the start. 

• Love 7
16 hours ago, jhlipton said:

It's a Land Without Magic Until We Need It!

And they're also wrong that Rumpel can't awaken Alice.  He can.  All he has to do is get her to stop taking the pills that Victoria forced on her.  Those are the only things keeping her under the curse.

• Love 1

Yeah, we were discussing that in the Once 2.0 thread.  In A&E's teaser interview, they were all about how "Weaver" would try to get Rogers and Alice to help him while not able to tell them the magical truth.  If they wanted to keep it real-world, then maybe they shouldn't have had everyone and their sister "wake" up.  I'm not sure what's stopping Gothel from pushing Whook, Alice, Roni, Zelena and Weaver into another well and covering it up with dirt.

• Love 2

“I didn’t know Alice was going to be the LGBTQ character until after we started shooting,” Rose Reynolds told TV Guide of the latest twist in her character’s story. “Adam [Horowitz] and Eddy [Kitsis] told me, and I was excited to start exploring that love story. For me, it was a no brainer. Love is love.”

“It isn’t a coming out story,” Reynolds says. “Alice’s interactions with either sex are non-existent. Robin is the first person Alice meets who really sees her. She’s never experienced that before, and it deeply connects them. Suddenly, Alice is no longer invisible, talking to her ghosts, and that debt is profound.”

“We meet Alice and Robin halfway through [the] story in Episode 10 and flashback to how they met in the second half of the season,” Reynolds teases. “They get off to a rocky start and… they slowly prove how much they mean to each other. They teach each other a lot; it’s really beautiful, and it feels like a new beginning for both of them.”

A "rocky start", eh?  What else is new?  Let me guess, Robin almost kills Alice with an arrow?

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Camera One said:

“I didn’t know Alice was going to be the LGBTQ character until after we started shooting,”

That sounds crazy. They’re pushing the “no spoilers” policy beyond its limits!!

• Love 2