Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

While speaking to TVLine, OUAT's co-creator Eddy Kitsis revealed a little more information about Zelena's new love interest. Just like everything in the world of Hyperion Heights, this romantic tale won't be without its own twist.

"We are going to meet her fiancé, and he is, as she said, someone in the real world," Kitsis confirmed. "The last time we had someone fall in love with someone from the real world, they turned out to be a flying monkey, so we wanted to explore what it would really mean if you fell in love with someone who has no idea you're the Wicked Witch – and if you told them would think you're crazy!"

On paper, this sounds kind of interesting.  Do you believe that this fiancé will truly be a normal person from the real world?  

Really, it's less the fact that she's the Wicked Witch than that she's someone who has murdered and raped.

14 hours ago, Camera One said:

In teaser interviews, A&E implied it's going to be really interesting how Weaver manages to have Rogers and Tilly investigate the Coven even though they have no idea about the Coven's true nature.

The "they" here is A&E, if that's not clear.

I haven't even been closely following OUAT news (sorry y'all) and no less than four different sources have let me know Lana Parrilla is directing the episode Chosen. I've watched shows that had stars direct before and I don't recall them (sometimes much bigger stars) getting this much media and social media coverage. Maybe those shows just had more exciting stories and news to share? 

On 1/20/2018 at 10:31 PM, Rumsy4 said:

Phew. I was losing sleep over this.

We all know Belle has never lost sleep. 

On 1/23/2018 at 1:07 AM, InsertWordHere said:

We all know Belle has never lost sleep. 

Bwahahaha.

Btw, I didn't realize the episode Lana was directing was the 150th, aaaand apparently it's a Zelena centric. It's probably all about the love triangle between Regina, Zelena, and Facilier. 

1 hour ago, Rumsy4 said:

Huh. So, they cast a new person to play this part. I'm still not convinced he's actually from the real world.

He'll probably turn out to be someone that was run out of HH.  That he thinks he is from the real world is nearly the same thing ;)

1 hour ago, Camera One said:

I wonder if they bothered to do a chemistry test this time.  Or if they tested him against a piece of bread.

Ha.  Has Jacinda actually demonstrated any chemistry with the bread in the food truck or does she remain glutten free?

A&E made a freudian slip and called Regina Zelena’s big sister.

Adam Horowitz and Edward Kitsis tell me. “And who better to introduce the audience to [Zelena’s] fiancé than the woman playing her big sister, Lana Parrilla in her directing debut.” (X)

This sounds like a wrap up honestly. Sounds like a rip off of last season with a wedding and then the final battle. Only this time nobody cares about the couple getting married(we haven't even met the dude) nor the final battle.

Edited by cappoe
56 minutes ago, KingOfHearts said:

Wait... people cared about the final battle before?!

Very true. But at the very least it had characters we care about and were invested in them. I couldn't give two craps what the outcome of this battle is. HH's and everyone gets wiped from existence.

Teen Henry goes back to his time to realize he needs to stay in his own story and go to college. Hvae S7 all be an awful fever dream. I'm sure fans would prefer that.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, KingOfHearts said:

Will Hook and Henry be sailing during the eight-year time jump?

I guess so, unless they're using the same terminology we've been, and this is Hook-Hook instead of Whook-Hook, and it's teen Henry and happens between seasons six and seven.

I find it amusing, given some of our discussion in the 2.0 thread, that they're apparently delving deeper into the relationship between Whook and Henry rather than between Henry and his wife (unless Ella's also along for the trip). I don't mind the idea of getting more about them, since they haven't shown any of the relationship between them. It is kind of weird to consider that by the time of the curse, Henry had spent more time with Whook than with his real stepfather.

So, what do you bet that the WCaptain Boring episode follows the same pattern as all the old Captain Charming episodes? We start out with Henry out of the blue making references to Whook being a pirate and how untrustworthy he is, until they have an adventure together, during which they bond and Henry is impressed with how Whook handles the crisis.

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, Shanna Marie said:

So, what do you bet that the WCaptain Boring episode follows the same pattern as all the old Captain Charming episodes? We start out with Henry out of the blue making references to Whook being a pirate and how untrustworthy he is, until they have an adventure together, during which they bond and Henry is impressed with how Whook handles the crisis.

That already happened with the Henry/Hook in "Dark Waters".  Maybe we'll get to hear Henry calling Whook a "dirty pirate" again.

They really missed the opportunity to show Regina/Henry/Whook getting used to one another after the Emma episode.  But at this point, the ship has already sailed.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Camera One said:

That already happened with the Henry/Hook in "Dark Waters".  Maybe we'll get to hear Henry calling Whook a "dirty pirate" again.

Hey, that never stopped them with the Captain Charming episodes. David might have learned to like and respect Hook by the end of the episode, but the next time one of their episodes rolled around again, he'd be right back to "dirty pirate" mode. And this is a whole new Hook for Henry to mistrust and look down on because not only is he a pirate, but he tried to impersonate Hook prime. It would actually kind of fix a few things if this takes place early in the timeline, maybe during some of the offscreen time while Regina was off teaching Drizella to do magic.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Camera One said:

They really missed the opportunity to show Regina/Henry/Whook getting used to one another after the Emma episode.  But at this point, the ship has already sailed.

I see what you did there!

• Love 3
14 hours ago, Camera One said:

It would be interesting for Regina to have a "normal" reaction to both dealing with her son who is now an adult..and dealing with someone who looks, talks, acts, and basically is a clone of a person she knows but is not that person. That the kind of interesting problems that this show and all fantasy shows can create, but they need to be explored, which this show refuses to do so they can move on to another boring plot point we have most likely seen before...(why skip all the Storybrookers geting their memories back and dealing with the fact that their "spouse" from the EF has been "married" and sleeping with someone else for 28 years...) at least have Regina at this point say, "Hook, remember when we were fighting Pan and...." Hook, "That wasnt ME!!!!"

• Love 4
13 hours ago, legaleagle53 said:

Regina/Henry/Whook getting used to one another after the Emma episode

The way it is written now, Henry would probably say - you know you look a lot like the husband of one of my Mom's friends, I think her name was Emily.  I wonder what happened to her.

• Love 4
45 minutes ago, CCTC said:

The way it is written now, Henry would probably say - you know you look a lot like the husband of one of my Mom's friends, I think her name was Emily.  I wonder what happened to her.

I love both my moms equally. Regina, and 'looks at smudged writing on hand' Emily. 

• Love 6
10 hours ago, Mitch said:

It would be interesting for Regina to have a "normal" reaction to both dealing with her son who is now an adult..and dealing with someone who looks, talks, acts, and basically is a clone of a person she knows but is not that person.

I think the Hook switchout probably doesn't have that huge an impact on Regina. It's not like they were that close or had that many shared experiences. Though it would have been nice to have the dots connected between her making snarky remarks about Hook's disability and her soothing Whook's fevered brow when he was ill.

But with Henry, Hook was his stepfather for about five years before he left home. While he had the same ups and downs/backs and forths that David had with Hook, they greeted each other when they were reunited with a big hug, and Henry talked about having learned to sword fight from a pirate (never mind that David actually taught him his first lessons). Now he's with a guy who's an exact double of his stepfather, who even dresses the same, but who is a total stranger. Would Henry ever forget that Whook isn't Hook and refer to something like the Wookiee prison break, only to get a blank look? Is it weird for the guy who's used to being Hook's only child to see an identical person being father to a daughter? Meanwhile, there's Whook, who has no real ties to Henry, other than that he knows he's kind of supposed to be looking after Henry on behalf of the people who gave him his second chance (Emma, who saved his life, and Hook Prime, who begged for his life). Does Whook even know that Henry is Baelfire's son and Milah's grandson? Would it matter to him that Henry isn't his version of Milah's grandson?

Not that I expect any of this to play out in the episode. We'll be lucky if the writers even remember that Whook isn't the same guy we saw in the previous five seasons.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, Shanna Marie said:

Now he's with a guy who's an exact double of his stepfather, who even dresses the same, but who is a total stranger.

That should be very strange.  We'll probably get a delayed response in that 7B episode where Whook explodes and goes "I'm NOT your stepfather!  Don't put so much expectations on me!" and Henry gets miffed.

5 hours ago, Camera One said:

That should be very strange.  We'll probably get a delayed response in that 7B episode where Whook explodes and goes "I'm NOT your stepfather!  Don't put so much expectations on me!" and Henry gets miffed.

As lowkey cliche as that sounds I hope they somewhat address that SOMEWHERE, because honestly I rather watch WHook and Henry navigate this weird relationship and acknowledge it as strange instead of pretending that Whook and Hook are the same people and they act exactly the same around each other. Like they need to distinguish Whook somehow from Hook because they're not doing so great at it currently.

• Love 1

The character from Disney feature The Princess and the Frog will be introduced in the March 9 episode titled “A Taste of the Heights”.

Prince Naveen is described as a fun loving, freewheeling adventurer who cares little about the dangers of the world. At least, that’s how it appears. In truth, Naveen’s easy exterior hides a heart struggling with a tragic past. One he is determined to make amends for, even if it means sacrificing everything he loves in the process.

A tragic past, eh?  So he doesn't need to learn a lesson about responsibility because he's so responsible he would sacrifice his everything to make amends for the horrible deed he did in the past.  I doubt it will rival Cinderella selfishly falling through the ice and getting saved.

How does he fit into the timeline exactly? I don't trust the writers to handle this character well at all. He doesn't fit into the whole "she doesn't need a man" narrative A&E are spinning. I'm totally fine with independent royal women, but these writers seem to think it's fine to put your kingdom at risk just to avoid an arranged marriage, Mulan 2 style.

Edited by KingOfHearts

Adam and Eddie answer your burning questions regarding the back half of Season 7.

Here are some of the highlights:

Is this all a nightmare of Henry’s? 
KITSIS: That is not happening. If someone thinks they’re going to wake up, and Henry’s going to say that was a nightmare, and we’re going to have the original cast back, that’s not realistic, and life doesn’t work that way.

Will we see another version of Sleeping Beauty and Little Mermaid in season 7?
HOROWITZ: No plans to do other versions of them this year.

Are we going to see more of Dark OutlawQueen (Evil Queen, Robin Hood) in season 7?
HOROWITZ: No.
KITSIS: The last we saw was Evil Queen was proposed to by Robin Hood, and they’re off living a happy ending.

"No plans to do other versions of them this year."  How cute.  They still think there's going to be a Season 8.

• Love 6

Man you can smell the bitterness seeping in that question. 

A very interesting thing I took from this article, it gave off JMO vibes from last year with Colin this year. The very definitive no in meeting CS child, and also no on meeting Hook's mother which they've teased every season. I think Colin is for sure leaving. He also placed "Captain Hook" on his Twitter which actors do when they're looking to book new projects they post thier most infamous roles.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, cappoe said:

Man you can smell the bitterness seeping in that question. 

A very interesting thing I took from this article, it gave off JMO vibes from last year with Colin this year. The very definitive no in meeting CS child, and also no on meeting Hook's mother which they've teased every season. I think Colin is for sure leaving. He also placed "Captain Hook" on his Twitter which actors do when they're looking to book new projects they post thier most infamous roles.

Yeah, the last time they gave non vague answers were regarding Jen's exit.

48 minutes ago, legaleagle53 said:

KITSIS: That is not happening. If someone thinks they’re going to wake up, and Henry’s going to say that was a nightmare, and we’re going to have the original cast back, that’s not realistic, and life doesn’t work that way.

Honestly the fact that they were asked this question at all makes me laugh so hard. And you can tell Eddy is so annoyed by it with this answer.

It's weird how the show has to be realistic when it comes to this and nothing else...

• Love 12
10 minutes ago, superloislane said:

Honestly the fact that they were asked this question at all makes me laugh so hard. And you can tell Eddy is so annoyed by it with this answer.

It's weird how the show has to be realistic when it comes to this and nothing else...

Makes me laugh, too, that this season seems like it'd be a nightmare.

A&E are so pissy. Bittercakes, party of two.

And of course this old favorite line:
HOROWITZ: It would be awfully disappointing if she didn’t.

Edited by Souris
  • Love 6

Colin and Bobby are soon to be free of this flop and Lana can carry the show on her back alone to that beautiful 0.3 rating. Colin is giving off big JMO vibes from last year. Especially the questions relating to Hook, definitive no's and the question about meeting his mother has been one asked every year and they always say not this season. No this year, now it's a no. 

I still think Colin would never have done this season if he wasn't under contract.

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, cappoe said:

No this year, now it's a no. 

Well, to be fair, the answer was "Probably not." I know a lot of people want Colin to be free of this show, but I don't think any of the answers in this Hot Seat indicate whether he's staying or leaving. I wouldn't be shocked if he's done, but I also wouldn't be surprised if he stayed with the show to the end. As we've all mentioned before, he, in particular, has a lot of reasons to stay. Of course all this is moot if the show gets cancelled...

34 minutes ago, superloislane said:

This question was hilarious. The fact that they asked if it was a "nightmare" rather than a "dream" is very telling! And don't even get me started on the curt "No" in response to possibly seeing CS's child. It just further validates my decision to stop watching.

Edited by Kktjones
  • Love 7

Well it's not just those answers but those are pretty clear. Now we're not gonna meet the mother and every eyar it's been "not this year", seems pretty telling. And they added a not this year question to Sleeping Beauty or Little Mermaid. But even so we've got what Colin is doing on Twitter which is pretty obvious why he's doing it, he's obviously participating in Pilot season and he's got to put his big credential on his Twitter bio so networks can see him. 

Edited by cappoe

This is the only season where I feel like it all being a "nightmare" would be satisfying and actually work within the story.

I still think it would have been cool if it all were written by Henry abusing his Author powers. After years of trying to find himself and failing to discover any meaning, he creates a situation where he gets to be the Savior, have a family, and be part of a classic story. Just thinking about all the themes at play and the retreads makes me think it's all Henry's imagination.

Will Zelena have or be getting her magic back this season? 
KITSIS: I hope so.
HOROWITZ: It would be awfully disappointing if she didn’t.

Looks like they're going to crap on my favorite character again. I knew from the start her sacrifice in S6 would mean nothing. I've been really disappointed in how they've handled her character this season. She's still nothing but a prop for Regina. Her conflict with her was never resolved. It saddens me that she moved to an area of seclusion instead of integrating herself into Storybrooke.

Will there be time travel this season? 
HOROWITZ: Only in the sense that we all move forward in time.
KITSIS: Potentially, can’t say.

So which is it?

Are we going to see more of Dark OutlawQueen (Evil Queen, Robin Hood) in season 7?
KITSIS: The last we saw was Evil Queen was proposed to by Robin Hood, and they’re off living a happy ending.

So the point of them was...? Just Outlaw Queen damage control?

Will any familiar faces die by season’s end? 
KITSIS: Yes.

Here's hoping Jacinda's face is "familiar" enough.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 7
58 minutes ago, Souris said:

The "familiar face" death is probably Rumple.

Thanks, @Souris, I needed a good laugh today. ;) Rumple is more like a cockroach than a crocodile. He could prance around with his head cut off. But yeah, it's most likely to be him if the writers believe this is the final season. I'd also be concerned about WHook, Alice, and Robyn.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Souris said:

The "familiar face" death is probably Rumple. Could be more, of course.

I agree.  They set up Rumple dying and reuniting with Belle in the after life as his happy ending.

My initial reaction to this one was they have already been informed they are cancelled.  Its just so pissy.  But I reread the questions, and yeah it could be that they are annoyed over the transparent this season sucks implied by the question.

• Love 1

Will we learn Roni’s last name? 
KITSIS: Never.

Seriously, who cares.  And why the strong response to such an idiotic pointless question.

So now this show is realistic and shows how life really works?  

Will we get to see more of Cinderella’s backstory before she met Henry? 
KITSIS: Can’t say.

This one made me laugh.  Cinders is supposed to be a main lead yet they can't even say if she'll have a flashback about herself?

Will Zelena have or be getting her magic back this season? 
KITSIS: I hope so.
HOROWITZ: It would be awfully disappointing if she didn’t.

Why would anybody be disappointed?  We've already seen Zelena with magic and it's actually more interesting to explore her without it.

The Oracle gives her blessing.

• Love 4