Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Kktjones said:

I honestly cannot believe this is the tagline they are using for the final arc of this series! It's so stupid and has nothing to do with the stories and characters that people care about. I haven't been paying close attention this season, but it seems the things people like are Tiana, Drizella, Alice/Whook, and the old characters (mostly just riding on the goodwill of the previous seasons). So instead they've decided to focus the end of the series on Gothel, the coat hangers, Zelena and Robin? Like WTF? And based on the most recent Hot Seat it doesn't look like they intend to include any of the old cast in the finale. I know it's cancelled so they probably don't care, but they have to realize they are damaging the legacy of the show which will negatively impact things like streaming, DVD sales, cons, merch, etc.

They pretty much didn't care, hence why they went ahead with the reboot even though everyone else could see why it wasn't a good idea and it didn't work as we all expected.  Now the final stretch of episodes are devoted to stranger witches that the remaining viewers have no investment in and characters like Zelena getting a LI offscreen that A&E expect people to care about.

• Love 2

It's weird they seem to have moved into "witchcraft" for the final arc, which seems more like real world stuff than the fairy tale magic they've dabbled in over the course of the Show. It somehow feels misplaced, even if the Show's mythology has been messy and ill-defined.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Rumsy4 said:

It's weird they seem to have moved into "witchcraft" for the final arc, which seems more like real world stuff than the fairy tale magic they've dabbled in over the course of the Show. It somehow feels misplaced, even if the Show's mythology has been messy and ill-defined.

Yeah, they've spent six and a half seasons showing magical people being able to do just about anything with jazz hands (the Dark Curse and the time travel spell being about the only exceptions), and now suddenly we need a coven and spells and symbols, and all.

24 minutes ago, Camera One said:

Latest title spoiler, for Ep #720 is "Is This Henry Mills?"  

"No, this is Patrick." Sorry, I just had to.

Here's a script reveal!

Storybrooke, 2017. Regina's house, 8PM. Lucy knocks on the door.

Lucy: "Are you Henry Mills?"
Henry: "Yeah, why?"
Lucy: "I'm your daughter."
Henry: "That's not possible, I'm only 16!"
Lucy: "I'm from the future."
Violet perks up from behind Henry.
Violet: "Wait... he's going to adopt you... right?"
Lucy: "I wasn't adopted. My mom is Cinderella."
Henry: "Wait... you're Ashley's daughter?!"
Violet: "Henry's going to have a child with Ashley?!"

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 10

I got hold of the next page.

Henry: This is so cool, Violet.  It's like "Back from the Future".  Have I shown you that movie yet?

Violet: We've watched it five times.

Lucy:  EXCUSE me.  Speaking of which, what a dump.

Henry: So what did you travel back in time to tell me.

Lucy: Don't.

Henry: Don't what.

Lucy: I know many things.  And I'm here to tell you, don't do it.

Henry: I don't understand.

Lucy: When you do something that you're not supposed to do. Even if you do it for the right reasons, bad things would happen Henry. Bad things. One day, you will have the opportunity to remove Excalibur from its stone. But you mustn't. Leave the sword alone. 

Henry: So that was the plan for Season 8?

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 3

You guys are in full form. heh

6 hours ago, Camera One said:

Latest title spoiler, for Ep #720 is "Is This Henry Mills?"  

Could the answer be no???

If the predominant reaction to that question is "please no"...

• Love 4

I was looking at stills for next week's episode, and it seems to be heavy on Robin, Mother Gothel and Zelena.  I'm finding it really difficult to care about Robin, especially if she was idiotic enough to seek out Mother Gothel.  

25 minutes ago, Camera One said:

I'm finding it really difficult to care about Robin, especially if she was idiotic enough to seek out Mother Gothel.  

Same. And why is she wearing a uniform like a school girl? Where are they? Is that Storybrooke? Why is WHook there with his pirate coat?

Edited by Rumsy4
10 minutes ago, Rumsy4 said:

Same. And why is she wearing a uniform like a school girl? Where are they? Is that Storybrooke? Why is WHook there with his pirate coat?

If it's Storybrooke, it would be Hook.  But surely they wouldn't bring back Hook to have a scene with Zelena of all people?  

The other alternative is we're seeing the Disenchanted Forest after Regina went to ask Zelena for help.  Maybe Robyn joined the same magic school as Gideon?  And Alice went too.  Maybe that was their plan for Season 8, a season set in a school for magic with "students" who look liked they're pushing 30.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, Camera One said:

Maybe that was their plan for Season 8, a season set in a school for magic with "students" who look liked they're pushing 30.

Reminds me of the later Richie seasons of Happy Days - but they needed to look 30 or it would have been even creepier for 40 year old Fonzie to be hanging out and dating the girls.  Fonzie also ended up eating the show, was always right, and could do anything.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, CCTC said:

Reminds me of the later Richie seasons of Happy Days - but they needed to look 30 or it would have been even creepier for 40 year old Fonzie to be hanging out and dating the girls.  Fonzie also ended up eating the show, was always right, and could do anything.

Including jumping the shark! lol I watched that live and my eyes rolled so hard.

• Love 1

I liked the sneak peak and agree, they needed to do more of that with the mash up and how interesting would it have been to focus on Henry, Robin, whatever the Charms kids name is, etc. instead of a boring retread.  People who grew up in this world but have a knowledge of the other..(or would they even tell the kids..it would be interesting if SB was discoverable by the world and everyone kept the new kids in the dark about what really happened until a big bad comes..or the last episode of RealOnce should have had magic wiped from this world by Emma's sacrifice and and even Rump a dump is powerless, except for Gothal or someone who has been hiding out since the original curse)and its up to the kids to help their parents...(that way people could make cameos but not be on every episode.)

• Love 2

Why does breaking the curse kill Henry? Regina cast the curse to get to the LWOM so Henry wouldn't die from the poison (which I thought was actually a good way to cast the curse and made more sense the the stupidity of Snow casting it before...)The breaking would not bring magic to the LWOM unless they are even lazier with their writing then usual? 

• Love 1

Second Sneak Peek:

https://www.tvinsider.com/669110/once-upon-a-time-season-7-episode-11-secret-garden/

48 minutes ago, CCTC said:

A lot of exposition and cliched dialogue in that clip.  I wonder if they have "hope" speeches on a clip board and they rotate which ones to use.   It is hard to buy the sister act, because they never really did invest much time to really spending the time having the resolve their issues.  They were kind of like Hook and Charming where one episode they seemed to be improving two episodes later they were back to square one for no reason.   Plus while Regina and Zelina had great adversarial chemistry - not sure they exude any of the odd couple buddy chemistry that Charming and Hook had.

Sorry, I posted the sneak peek in the wrong thread, so I'm bringing your reply here.

They skipped the most interesting part, which was Regina and Zelena growing together as sisters.  Now they just declare they're going to fight this together as sisters, and it's all said and done.

This isn't the first time Regina has experienced this.  In 3B, Henry also couldn't remember her.  She should be old hat at this by now.  

It's interesting that the only people mentioned in the promo were Regina, Zelena, Hook, and Rumple. They're the only characters left on the show played by the same actors and they're also all "redeemed" villains. It's pretty obvious marketing doesn't care about Henry or Jacinda any more. I don't really blame them. The Redeemed Four are the only headliners. (I need help coming up with a name for them. #TeamDarkEvilWickedVengeance)

I see Madame Leota is confirmed. I always knew she'd be a guest in the final arc. She really ties everything together.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 3

Jared Gilmore to return for an ep (Regina/Henry focus, of course).

I know a lot of people want to see Emma and Killian again for the finale, but personally I don't want A&E to ever touch them or even mention them again. They're free and happy, and I simply don't trust A&E not to mess with their happy ending.

• Love 8

That does indeed mean the show will be returning to its roots, even temporarily. “I would be depressed if I had to go the whole year without seeing Storybrooke again,” Kitsis says. “So yes, we are going to see Storybrooke again.”

Ah, the classic "I would be ... if we didn't see ..." But we're going to see Storybrooke in the next episode. It's not like Jared's episode going to be the only episode to show it.  Besides, we've already seen Storybrooke in 3 other episodes this season already. (7x01, 7x02, and 7x04.)

“Once is home to everyone, so there’s an open invitation to every actor who has been on the show to come back in the finale,” Kitsis says. “We’ll see who’s available. But throughout the year, we’re going to see some familiar faces as well.”

Meanwhile, certain characters got shoved off because of "story reasons" and were never seen again. (Even if their actors would be happy to return.) Who the heck is going to come back after getting dumped? Are we just getting Archie, Granny, and August? I'm hoping they get Snow and Charming to come back, at least. 

Concluding with a bit of hope, as the ABC fairy tale drama tends to do, Kitsis says, “If the real question is, will the final couple hours remind us of the first six years, then the answer is yes. But does that mean everyone is coming back? No.”

You could have fooled me.

Even in A&E's interview, they sound kind of tired. They don't seem particularly excited about anything.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 2

Half of me does want to see everyone again in Storeybrooke. They're the characters I actually care about, and it would be weird (and the final insult, in some ways) that the shows original heroes arent even involved in the shows series finale. On the other hand, I dont want them to get brought back just to get screwed over or made into a joke for the "awesome former villains" to laugh at or make look bad. 

• Love 6
20 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

Half of me does want to see everyone again in Storeybrooke. They're the characters I actually care about, and it would be weird (and the final insult, in some ways) that the shows original heroes arent even involved in the shows series finale. On the other hand, I dont want them to get brought back just to get screwed over or made into a joke for the "awesome former villains" to laugh at or make look bad. 

I actually never wanted Storybrooke to be endgame, since the show's premise was about it being a curse and anyone like Pan can just waltz in and erase it with a scroll or failsafe or whatever. It never seemed to be permanent in nature. But according to A&E, everyone is perfectly happy there and have no desire to return to their homeland. (Red appeared to be the only exception among thousands of people.) 

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 5
23 minutes ago, KingOfHearts said:

I actually never wanted Storybrooke to be endgame, since the show's premise was about it being a curse and anyone like Pan can just waltz in and erase it with a scroll or failsafe or whatever. It never seemed to be permanent in nature.

Yeah, it's a little galling that supposedly everyone is living out a "happy ending" in lives that were given to them as a form of torture, in a town that was created to be a prison for them.

I think it would be appropriate to at least have Snow and Charming in the series finale, since the series opened with them. It would be apt to see Emma again, but that's not going to happen, and they long ago gave up on this being Emma's story in any way.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, KingOfHearts said:

It's interesting that the only people mentioned in the promo were Regina, Zelena, Hook, and Rumple. They're the only characters left on the show played by the same actors and they're also all "redeemed" villains.

I don't get that promo.  Are they STILL trying to attract new viewers?  That whole Evil Queen, Captain Hook, Rumplestiltskin and Wicked Witch montage at the end made it seem so.  I guess they finally have their Show of Villains.  Though anyone new who watch based on that promo wouldn't be expecting redeemed sad sack villains.

3 hours ago, KingOfHearts said:

Who the heck is going to come back after getting dumped?

That's the weird thing with this show.  Merida, Robin, Neal and Red were all willing to come back after being dumped.

“We’re very excited to have Jared back,” Horowitz says. “He is, in a lot of ways, the heart and soul of this show. He grew up literally on the show, so it’s really wonderful to see him back.”

Even though we decided to write him out for our requel.  

“At the opening of the year, when we saw him get on the motorcycle, it was like a different Jared,” Kitsis notes. “We’re going to show an episode with him before that in Storybrooke with Regina.”

So he's basically admitting the Henry we saw on the motorcycle was basically a different character, but we were still supposed to buy that Adult Henry was Henry, but sure, more than half a season later, let's bring him back to explain the transformation.

“We think it’s a really sweet, emotional mother-son story, ” Horowitz adds.

I'll bet you think that.  

“I would be depressed if I had to go the whole year without seeing Storybrooke again,” Kitsis says. “So yes, we are going to see Storybrooke again.”

So 7A must have been super depressing for you, eh?

“Once is home to everyone, so there’s an open invitation to every actor who has been on the show to come back in the finale,” Kitsis says. “We’ll see who’s available. But throughout the year, we’re going to see some familiar faces as well.”

I'd like to see 30 actors take him up on his offer.  Will they get an actual line, or will they be milling around in the background for the "Welcome Back, Henry and Regina" party at Granny's?

Kitsis says, “If the real question is, will the final couple hours remind us of the first six years, then the answer is yes. But does that mean everyone is coming back? No.”

Why would it remind us of the first six years?  All the repeat plot points?

4 hours ago, KingOfHearts said:

I see Madame Leota is confirmed. I always knew she'd be a guest in the final arc. She really ties everything together.

I really shouldn't read this board while waiting in line.  That made me laugh out loud in public.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 5
10 minutes ago, Camera One said:

Merida, Robin, Neal and Red were all willing to come back after being dumped.

What a coincidence - they're exactly the people I want to see in the finale! Forget the Charmings. I want to see the real stars of the show. I'm sure we could write them in somehow.

Merida: "I came here to exact revenge on Arthur! I used the Last Magic Bean to find this place!"
Robin: "I'm here to give Regina an invitation to her clone's baby shower."
Neal: "I'm a heroic painting."
Red: "I too used a Last Magic Bean to get here. Dorothy just doesn't do it for me any more. Anyone know any werewolves? Preferably single?"

Fingers crossed Merida gets twitchy and accidentally shoots Jacinda. That's one way to save her character.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 4

I thought it would be cool if they found a sort of middle ground between Storebrooke and the DF, like they went home, but brought some modern stuff with them, and the show has them rebuilding their kingdom, better than ever. I especially dont like the idea Charming as a farmer again. He never seemed to really like being a farmer (he liked his mom, and being active, and that was about it), he seemed to like being a leader more, so I never saw that as a good ending for him. Really, what happy endings did we get? Snow and Charming never really got their kingdom back, everyone is just doing what they did during the curse in Storeybrooke (but with their original memories), and no one really got to do anything super cool or even anything that made them really happy, besides finding their friends and family again, which is great, but...thats it? 

I mean, it must be nice that some new asshole waving their jazz hands of doom or whatever at them isn't trying to kill them on a regular basis. but I still expected more. 

• Love 6

Some spoiler quotes from Deadline.

Meanwhile for the remainder of the season, a perpetrator is killing witches, just as a coven is being pulled together.

So be ready to feel bad for Mother Gothel, who is just trying to save her beloved sister witches from a murderer.

Also, someone will challenge Mr. Gold’s (Robert Carlyle) power: “He’s the dark one who wields the powerful dark magic and someone will take that knife. We’ll see a couple of people go after him in the second half and it will be tough for him not to punch back,” says Kitsis.

Poor Wumple.  You'll feel bad for him too.

• Love 1

Four more days to petition A&E, everyone.

Adam Horowitz‏   @AdamHorowitzLA 5 hours ago

Replying to @claudia_klose @SandraJmo

4 more days of DISCUSSING the finale. Eddy and I don't start writing it until next week at earliest

14 minutes ago, Camera One said:

someone will take that knife

Look at your hand. Now back to me. That Dagger is now a kitchen knife. WHook's on a horse. 

There are so many nope episodes to look forward to. Gothel's tragic backstory. The Regina-Henry episode that is sure to paint her as the Mother of the Century.

56 minutes ago, Camera One said:

That's the weird thing with this show.  Merida, Robin, Neal and Red were all willing to come back after being dumped.

They weren't all exactly in huge demand as actors... 

I think Josh and Ginny may be persuaded to come back for a cameo--if the writers are actually interested in having them back. But it will probably be a Regina-glorification scene. So, no thanks.

58 minutes ago, Camera One said:

Though anyone new who watch based on that promo wouldn't be expecting redeemed sad sack villains.

LMAO.

• Love 2

I wonder if the "young Henry, but before he was the Henry of the season premiere" might be in, say, 2017/18. Could the wacky theory about future Regina warning her 2017/18 self not to let Henry leave maybe be true? That would be a "touching" Henry and Regina story.

35 minutes ago, Shanna Marie said:

I wonder if the "young Henry, but before he was the Henry of the season premiere" might be in, say, 2017/18. Could the wacky theory about future Regina warning her 2017/18 self not to let Henry leave maybe be true? That would be a "touching" Henry and Regina story.

I'd be surprisingly okay with this. Only problem I'd really have with it is that WHook and Alice would still be separated.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, KingOfHearts said:

Only problem I'd really have with it is that WHook and Alice would still be separated.

Not that Henry really had anything to do with them being reunited. Yeah, WHook went to that world because he got Henry's message, but it was kind of a no-brainer finding Alice next to the tower where she was born. He could easily have found her again there on his own. He just wouldn't be young again.

29 minutes ago, KingOfHearts said:

I'd be surprisingly okay with this. Only problem I'd really have with it is that WHook and Alice would still be separated.

That's literally all I care about in the resolution of this season. I'm wondering if WHook and Alice will regain their memories 5 minutes before the series finale at this point.

Just now, Camera One said:

But would A&E be too full of themselves to pull the "it never happened" route?  They seemed sort of angry when they were asked if it were all a dream.

Realistically, they wouldn't. They think they've created an epic OUAT 2.0. Why would they erase it?

• Love 1

The promo threw in a few new MacGuffins.  If they do go back to erase what happened, they would say Henry and Jacinda are fated to fall in love so it will just play out differently.  And Whook and Alice will go on a quest to find The Elixir of Do-Overs which would allow Alice to re-live a happy childhood and adolescence with Whook.  

If someone is murdering the Coven, maybe there's a Bigger Big Bad than Mother Gothel.  Probably Father Waffle, who will unleash another Dark Curse for the final 2 hours that takes place in Storybrooke, which the townspeople of Storybrooke will break when they all blow Regina a True Love's Kiss on Main Street as they honor the return of their One True Queen.  Any actor who returns can participate in this mass love-in for everyone's favorite character.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 3

Since Episode 20 is entitled "Is this Henry Mills", I would rather have seen Wish Henry as played by Jared.  He seemed quite medieval and more interesting.  I don't care to see another episode with the whiny "young adult" we saw in the first two episodes of Season 7.  There will also be more unconvincing explanations about where Emma, Hook and Snowing are, like in that motorcycle scene in the premiere where no one came to see Henry off.  

This episode leads into the final two episodes, so I suspect some setup to an AU or Cursed reality or time travel.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, Camera One said:

But would A&E be too full of themselves to pull the "it never happened" route?  They seemed sort of angry when they were asked if it were all a dream.

But a reset would mean it wasn't a dream. It did happen, but it was undone by a brave and selfless (fighting for a straight face here) Regina having to make the difficult decision to change the course of history in order to save her son, on the advice of her future self. That would qualify as touching and emotional to these guys.

11 hours ago, Camera One said:

I don't care to see another episode with the whiny "young adult" we saw in the first two episodes of Season 7.

They did say this Henry would be before he became that Henry. I'm all for rewriting history if it means someone stepping in and teaching Henry that true heroism isn't about getting written into a book and being famous.

Mind you, I'm not holding my breath waiting for that to happen on this show. They seem to think that wanting to be a hero is a truly good motivation.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, KingOfHearts said:

Who is somehow perfectly fine never seeing her son again.

Like that would ever actually fly with Regina.

Maybe the Henry-needy part of her psyche got siphoned into Regina Prime, and the romance-needy half transferred to Clone Queen.