Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

I posted the other part of the Mekia Cox interview in the 2.0 thread, but this part contains some scintillating spoilers.

As Once Upon A Time season 7 starts up this week, there’s a big episode for Mekia Cox coming next week as well, as Tiana/Sabine has a major story in Episode 12, called “A Taste of the Heights.”

“That’s my next big episode,” Mekia revealed. “It’s got a lot to do with the food truck. You get to see her back in action with her cooking, which is a passion in her life. I also liked Episode 5 [“Greenbacks”]. That was my other big episode; that was the first time you got to understand a little bit more about where Tiana came from, and understand why she’s the way she is.”

“Some characters you’ve seen come back,” she told us of what’s in store in the remainder of the season. “There’s a new character coming in who may be a possible love interest for me, who’s also a familiar face from the Princess and the Frog movie.”

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, Camera One said:

“It’s got a lot to do with the food truck.

If this episode is about the food truck, do you think we'll finally get to see Cinderella's amazing chemistry with toast?

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Camera One said:

I posted the other part of the Mekia Cox interview in the 2.0 thread, but this part contains some scintillating spoilers.

Her character is pretty much stuck there anyways, so it's more of the same for the present day scenes.

1 hour ago, ParadoxLost said:

If this episode is about the food truck, do you think we'll finally get to see Cinderella's amazing chemistry with toast?

It has to be an improvement at this point.

(edited)

I like Tiana. She has a lot of sass and great lines. Also really hot. But story wise, this sounds total filler.

I’m also not that impressed with Detective Crocodile. The real Killian never needed a curse to become deputy. He just slept with the boss. ;)

Edited by rogvortex58
  • Love 2
(edited)

I guess they're not going for a Part 1 & Part 2 in the last 2 hours?  I guess it's possible they could just go for different names, instead of "The Final Final Final Battle Part 1" and "The Final Final Final Battle Part 2".

Predicted title for the final episode: "Happily Ever After".

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 3
22 minutes ago, KingOfHearts said:

I'm still waiting for the, "Thank you, Regina. Without you, none of this would have ever happened!" from Snow.

Between Emma's WishVerse confession that she prefers to have grown up in the real world and MM declaring Regina made her hopeful, the Show has already reached that point.

There's a new Sneak Peek with WHook, Tiana, and Murderella meeting Naveen.

• Love 1
(edited)
28 minutes ago, Rumsy4 said:

There's a new Sneak Peek with WHook, Tiana, and Murderella meeting Naveen.

Okay, okay. I'll admit the "enchanted spear" comment made me chuckle because I didn't expect it. I groan whenever Jacinda is on screen, no matter what she's doing. Even though it's not Dr. Facilier, I half-expected Naveen to burst out into "Friends on the Other Side" after he said, "Let me introduce myself". That dramatic pause really felt like a song queue. 

The acting continues to suck.

Just replace Naveen with James and you won't sacrifice much. Hello, cocky prince/hero #3287. Meet feisty princess heroine #4893.

Edited by KingOfHearts
(edited)

Whenever two potential love interests start talking crap to each other, it's pretty much insta-chemistry, isn't it?  I guess they're continuing the pattern of no romantic chemistry with this "meet cute".  I liked Tiana before, but even she seemed unnecessarily confrontational in this one, and how exactly is that male character Naveen-like at all?  Part of the original dynamic is already gone by making Tiana a Princess.  He doesn't seem at all likeable either, especially with that clunky line about Tiana reminding him of himself.  And of course, they're both calling themselves heroes... who does that?  And we're supposed to care about their hunt for the giant crocodile because?

Whook makes reference to Tiana as a future queen, so presumably, we will find out why/how that is (yeah right, eh?).  

LOL at Jacinda's "Wait... you're really a prince?"  Why?  Were you looking for one?  What a pointless line.

Between the magical spear and the magical bow and arrows, how do we even have villains.  

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 1
(edited)
13 minutes ago, Camera One said:

LOL at Jacinda's "Wait... you're really a prince?"  Why?  Were you looking for one?  What a pointless line.

Why is the royalty always out handling this crap? It's like Star Trek sending out the most vital members of the crew on dangerous away missions. I realize that some royals serve in the military or lead their armies in person, but these people are going out alone without even changing their clothes.

Feudal society? More like futile society.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 4

“Ivy now has to deal with what happens when you spend your entire life hating someone and then you realize you shouldn’t have, they really liked you, and now where do you put that hate?”

Um, no, Neither Tremaine nor Victoria liked Drisella/Ivy.  Saying she did one time doesn't counter all the acts that showed she didn't.  Nice try, A&E

• Love 8
(edited)
7 minutes ago, jhlipton said:

Um, no, Neither Tremaine nor Victoria liked Drisella/Ivy.  Saying she did one time doesn't counter all the acts that showed she didn't.  Nice try, A&E

Drizella will take another lesson from her Mentor of the Year, Regina - "If you can't get revenge on the person you hate, just get revenge on someone else instead!"

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 3
(edited)
17 minutes ago, Camera One said:

Drizella will blame Zelena, Regina, Lucy, Jacinda and Henry for her mother's death.  

She'll blame Alice for letting Gothel escape the tower.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Camera One said:

Whenever two potential love interests start talking crap to each other, it's pretty much insta-chemistry, isn't it?  I guess they're continuing the pattern of no romantic chemistry with this "meet cute".  I liked Tiana before, but even she seemed unnecessarily confrontational in this one, and how exactly is that male character Naveen-like at all?  Part of the original dynamic is already gone by making Tiana a Princess.  He doesn't seem at all likeable either, especially with that clunky line about Tiana reminding him of himself.  And of course, they're both calling themselves heroes... who does that?  And we're supposed to care about their hunt for the giant crocodile because?

Oh, my goodness! I had the same reactions to the Sneak Peek. Tiana and Naveen have no chemistry. She's way too confrontational. And what a pair of arrogant losers! 

There's literally no romantic couple in Season 7 worth rooting for. 

• Love 2
(edited)
17 minutes ago, KingOfHearts said:

She'll blame Alice for letting Gothel escape the tower.

But don't worry, Drizella will be redeemed when she decides to die to save Jacinda, as she gasps with her final breath that Jacinda was her favorite sister.

7 minutes ago, Rumsy4 said:

Don't put your swoon away yet.  There's still the epic Alice and Robyn.

Tiana and Naveen are this season's Jasmine and Aladdin.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 1
(edited)
6 hours ago, Rumsy4 said:

We still have Zelina and her "real world" boyfriend and Regina is going to have another chance at love (I predict she is going to be magically pregnant at the end or a flash-forward to her raising a daughter).  One thing they have been consistent with over the series is throwing in a bunch of plots so they do not really have a time to flush any of them out and epic love stories develop in an episode or two.

I wish when they got the cancellation notice they would have scrapped some of these love stories that had not yet started so they could resolve what is already going on and if they really do want to bring back some of the originals would have time to give them an episode or two rather than a shoehorned cameo at the end.

Edited by CCTC
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, Camera One said:

Between the magical spear and the magical bow and arrows, how do we even have villains.  

Did anyone else read this and suddenly hear in their head "Spear and magic helmet!"?

2 hours ago, CCTC said:

We still have Zelina and her "real world" boyfriend and Regina is going to have another chance at love (I predict she is going to be magically pregnant at the end or a flash-forward to her raising a daughter).

Without them explaining how that's possible when she's in her mid-60s and her adopted son is old enough to have an 8-year-old daughter and her sister's daughter is 25. Because time doesn't matter.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 09/03/2018 at 6:04 PM, Rumsy4 said:

There was. But they were only in one episode and then left.

Regardless, I still feel there are some familial relationships worth rooting for. Hook and Alice being one.

Edited by rogvortex58
  • Love 2
18 minutes ago, rogvortex58 said:

Regardless, I still feel that are some familial relationships worth rooting for. Hook and Alice being one.

I do root for them, but they have faded to the background now, in favor of Gothel and the coat hanger coven nonsense. And now that Alice has a love interest, there will be even less time spent in forwarding the Roger-Tilly dynamic. At this rate, they'll probably regain their memories in the series finale. 

21 minutes ago, rogvortex58 said:

There was. But they were only in one episode and then left.

Haha. I see what you did there. ;-)

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Rumsy4 said:

At this rate, they'll probably regain their memories in the series finale. 

No, no. This is Once Upon a Time. They’ll get their memories back in episode 20, that story will be wrapped up and never mentioned again, and the final two episodes will have nothing to do with the preceding twenty episodes. What better way to honor the series? 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, RolloTomasi said:

No, no. This is Once Upon a Time. They’ll get their memories back in episode 20, that story will be wrapped up and never mentioned again, and the final two episodes will have nothing to do with the preceding twenty episodes. What better way to honor the series? 

You win this thread. 

• Love 2

I guess Gothel may be trying to turn Alice into the Guardian as she is so isolated from humanity, and hence will stay innocent. And that's why she curses poor WHook so he can't come near her. This should've been the main storyline for Season 7. This is the most interesting.

• Love 1
19 hours ago, Rumsy4 said:

I guess Gothel may be trying to turn Alice into the Guardian as she is so isolated from humanity, and hence will stay innocent. And that's why she curses poor WHook so he can't come near her. This should've been the main storyline for Season 7. This is the most interesting.

Makes sense. Maybe she thought the outside world would corrupt her.

That would fit with the "Tangled" story as well.  Mother Gothel didn't heartlessly abandon her daughter... she wanted to give her her best chance.

A&E teased after the winter finale that Gothel has a vendetta against someone who wronged her in Hyperion Heights.  If Dr. Facilier is the real big bad, then it might be him.  Or it could be the usual... Rumple.

Next week is a Whook centric, but why wasn't Adult Alice in the promo?  It seemed to focus more on the subplots like Lucy and Regina, and Henry and Drizella (ick, that ship has sailed for me at this point, but there are lots of fans on social media excited about this).  What's Rogers' plot in this episode?  There's usually a parallel plot for the centric character.  I'd be disappointed if it won't involve Alice.

After Whook falls out the window, maybe Maui's fish-hook will turn Whook into a hawk and glide him to safety or something.  

So Smee is back... is Whook back in the Wish Enchanted Forest?  Or did Wish Smee come over to the Disenchanted Forest?  

I wonder which characters will be cut out of the action next week?  Tiana and Naveen?  Will Robyn be back if Alice plays a role in the Whook centric?

Edited by Camera One

it’s all in the press release.

Press release for 7x13

ELOISE LEADS ROGERS DOWN A DANGEROUS PATH, AND AN ENCOUNTER WITH CAPTAIN AHAB LEAVES HOOK’S LIFE HANGING IN THE BALANCE, 
ON ABC’S ‘ONCE UPON A TIME’

“Knightfall” – Rogers strikes a deal with Eloise despite Tilly’s fair warning, while Ivy struggles to find herself after Victoria’s death. Meanwhile, in a faraway realm, Hook confronts Captain Ahab over a legendary magical talisman which can free Alice, only to learn that his quest may have unintended consequences, on “Once Upon a Time,” FRIDAY, MARCH 16 (8:00–9:01 p.m. EDT), on The ABC Television Network, streaming and on demand. 

“Once Upon a Time” stars Lana Parrilla as Regina/Roni, Robert Carlyle as Rumpelstiltskin/Weaver, Colin O’Donoghue as Hook/Rogers, Andrew J. West as Henry Mills, Gabrielle Anwar as Lady Tremaine/Victoria Belfrey, Dania Ramirez as Cinderella/Jacinda, Alison Fernandez as Lucy, and Mekia Cox as Sabine/Tiana.

Guest starring in this episode are Rose Reynolds as Alice/Tilly, Adelaide Kane as Drizella/Ivy, Emma Booth as The Witch/Gothel/Eloise Gardener, Christopher Gauthier as Smee, Chad Rook as Captain Ahab and Elle McKinnon as Young Alice.

“Knightfall” was written by Jerome Schwartz & Miguel Raya, and directed by Steve Miner.

2 hours ago, rogvortex58 said:

Meanwhile, in a faraway realm

They don't know what "meanwhile" means, do they?

AN ENCOUNTER WITH CAPTAIN AHAB

We're back to the S6-style name dropping, I see. What's with sea captains spending their lives on vengeance? Nemo, Hook, Ahab...

while Ivy struggles to find herself after Victoria’s death.

WHook: "Ivy, it's been three weeks. Why are you just now grieving your mother's death?"
Ivy: "Tiana paid me hush money so she could get her centric in! *sobs*"

only to learn that his quest may have unintended consequences

So WHook is to blame for Te Fiti turning into a giant lava monster?

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, rogvortex58 said:

Rogers strikes a deal with Eloise despite Tilly’s fair warning

The writers love the "drama" of innocent Rogers continuing to be the dupe of his rapist. This kind of angst may work in other well-written shows. But it's infuriating in OUAT where male rape is not even acknowledged. 

This is likely going to be yet another Hook centric which ends in a downer. This is probably where in the past WHook loses everything, and he and Alice will be separated by the Poisoned Heart curse. However, I'm still looking forward to it, because Colin will act the hell out of it, and the storyline interests me. 

I do think the Gothel actress (Emma Booth) is pretty good. Or at least, she's way better than the other new cast members. 

4 hours ago, KingOfHearts said:
7 hours ago, rogvortex58 said:

Meanwhile, in a faraway realm

They don't know what "meanwhile" means, do they?

Well, they have no concept how time works, or aging so...

4 hours ago, KingOfHearts said:

WHook: "Ivy, it's been three weeks. Why are you just now grieving your mother's death?"

Meanwhile...in Ivy's storyline...

• Love 1
5 hours ago, KingOfHearts said:

Meanwhile, this week, we won't hear anything about the food truck, whether Sabine ever got her permit or if she learned that Facilier impeded it, and we won't see where Drew and Sabine's relationship is going now or why Facilier wants Drew to get her to trust him, and we won't see what happens next with Roni because we have to spend all that time on the Rogers side of the story.

This is not necessarily a bad thing, as long as something actually happens. And it would be nice if we could learn why Rumple doesn't just use a potion to wake up WHook instead of letting Rogers blunder on, clueless as to the real nature of what's happening.

I like this. Because we get this episode with NewHook, followed by an Alice centric.

Both story lines have been seriously lacking. Wish they could have made Rose a regular.

And considering everything Gothel has put them through, I hope that they have a part to play in stopping her.

Edited by rogvortex58
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, rogvortex58 said:

And considering everything Gothel has put them through, I hope that they have a part to play in stopping her.

It will be Regina shooting light magic out of her...er...hand. ;-p

Edited by Rumsy4

Jared was filming today, so that means they are still filming Episode 20.  Maybe they're lining people up for the finale now.  I would think Belle is an absolute must, because we have to have a happy ending for Rumple.

2 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

"Leaving Storybrooke"

And here I thought we already left!

I'm just going to wait for the announcement of Ginny, Josh, and Jennifer's returns, because the title will be bullshit if none of those three come back. 

I agree. "Hey Emma, where's your parents?" "Oh, they're off with Michelle Tanner on a fashion tour in Europe."

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, KingOfHearts said:

I agree. "Hey Emma, where's your parents?" "Oh, they're off with Michelle Tanner on a fashion tour in Europe."

Please. Emma would probably be the only character missing from the finale. Why? Because they can't have Henry remember his own mother! 

• Love 3

Hopefully, I'm not extrapolating too much here, but it's hilarious that beginning in S3, the show tried to bash in our brains with the fact Storybrooke was "home" and endgame. Now the series finale is called "Leaving Storybrooke". 

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

So, they announced the series finale title: "Leaving Storybrooke"

I'm just going to wait for the announcement of Ginny, Josh, and Jennifer's returns, because the title will be bullshit if none of those three come back. 

Unless it's about Henry leaving Storybrooke again. HH Regina warns present-day Storybrooke Regina, but Henry still leaves home. I guess they don't need to stop Henry so much as they need to stop Regina from just randomly teaching Drizella magic and telling her about the Dark Curse before figuring out whether or not she's a total psycho. That would stop most of their trouble.

I noticed that the promo photos for this week's episode are once again about 70 percent WHook looking pensive. The promo monkeys must have figured out their remaining audience. But it looks like there's a SparkleDark Rumple in a cell in the flashback, which would have happened before Rumple showed up from Paradise Falls. Is this WRumple? Which makes you wonder if the SparkleDark Rumple we saw right before the curse was Rumple Prime or WRumple.

1 minute ago, Shanna Marie said:

Is this WRumple? Which makes you wonder if the SparkleDark Rumple we saw right before the curse was Rumple Prime or WRumple.

In the promo, it's most likely WRumple, since he was still caged at the time. The Rumple before the curse is probably Rumple Prime turned sparkly, imo.

2 hours ago, KingOfHearts said:

In the promo, it's most likely WRumple, since he was still caged at the time. The Rumple before the curse is probably Rumple Prime turned sparkly, imo.

I agree. And my theory is that Rumple Prime killed WRumple to protect Alice.