Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

16 minutes ago, Camera One said:

I just checked and they wrote Episode 19 in both Season 2 and 3.  "Lacey" (don't remember what important thing happened in this episode) and "A Curious Thing" (the "big" reveal about who cast the Curse).

The only significant thing I recall about this ep was the name as it pointed to the time travel episode (the power of Love is a curious thing) song from back to the future.

14 minutes ago, KingOfHearts said:
16 minutes ago, Rumsy4 said:

If you know what I mean. ;-)

That's enough tacos for you!

That's okay. I prefer pancakes now. 

5 minutes ago, ParadoxLost said:

Do you know how long I didn't make a joke about the Relationships are Hard thread; and then it was closed.

I can't believe I never thought of that obvious joke. 

• Love 1

I wonder if they’re trying to adjust to pilot season. According to the Hollywood Reporter, Colin is getting multiple calls about possible pilots so perhaps they are or will expect to adjust days for their main cast. 

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, sharky said:

I wonder if they’re trying to adjust to pilot season. According to the Hollywood Reporter, Colin is getting multiple calls about possible pilots so perhaps they are or will expect to adjust days for their main cast. 

They extended filming by a few days last year, too. I think it's probably part of how by-the-seat-of-their-pants A&E run things.

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, sharky said:

Ah yes. Another season that we will get to the end of and think “So much wasted potential. If only they had planned things better.”

Or if only it never happened. Which probably is what the feeling is, this isn't is a waste of time.

• Love 2
On 2/11/2018 at 3:07 PM, Camera One said:

Earlier in the season, a flower allowed her to do magic in Hyperion Heights.  And in the flashback with Rapunzel, people trespassed into her garden to steal magic.  She's supposed to have some sort of affinity with plants, which I guess is homage to the original fairy tale?

In the original, Repunzel's mother comes into Gothel's garden for an herb that will cure here child.  Things get Worse from There.

9 hours ago, jhlipton said:

In the original, Repunzel's mother comes into Gothel's garden for an herb that will cure here child.  Things get Worse from There.

In a lot of versions, it's the mother pregnant with Rapunzel who is sick. She can't eat anything but a particular kind of green (the name of it translates to "rapunzel"). The desperate father who wants to save his dying wife and unborn child, steals the greens from the witch's garden, but she catches him and demands the child as payment.

At any rate, gardening is an important part of the story, but it's only in the Tangled version that it's a flower rather than greens or herbs.

On 2/14/2018 at 2:20 PM, Rumsy4 said:

Most likely A&E decided to add in a few more details into their series finale to give viewers closure on every single plothole and loose end the Show's ever had. I have hope.

So the finale's going to be 12 hours long?

• Love 7
10 hours ago, Shanna Marie said:

In a lot of versions, it's the mother pregnant with Rapunzel who is sick. She can't eat anything but a particular kind of green (the name of it translates to "rapunzel").

It's called rapeseed (rape in this case derived from the Latin for "turnip") and is the main source of canola oil.  (But in this version, Alice is the "rape seed"...)

22 minutes ago, Rumsy4 said:

Something tells me the timeline is going to get even more messed up.

Yeah, but I actually enjoyed the sneak peek. It did the "culture clash" thing this show needs to bank more. I really like the "next generation" idea, but it needed to be handled better with a tighter timeline. Instead of just one big time jump, we've got all these realms moving at different paces and it makes no sense. Robyn, Gideon, Snowflake, Alexandria, maybe CS baby, and Henry could have all been tied to their own plot. You'd think that was what they were setting up with all the babies. Picture this - curse comes in, everyone born in EF is taken, leaving the next generation behind. S7 is about them coming together in the Land Without Magic to free their parents from it. Their parents could all be the same actors, since the curse would freeze time. Some of the next gen may be against magic, while others wouldn't be. Henry would be the Professor X/Nick Fury of the group. (The more I think about it, the more I realize this would need to be a spinoff, not just a final season.)

I'm gonna be pissed that we won't see more Storybrooke citizens. 

At the beginning of the clip I thought they were being lazy with using props from Regina's mausoleum, but then it turned out to actually be there. 

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 4

I guess we're seeing the reason Zelena moved Robin out of Storybrooke. Except that Robin looks exactly the same as she does when she's 25, though I think she's supposed to be a teen. But even if she's a teen, it's not that many years later for her to be 25, and we haven't had 25 years since season 5, so there has to have been some time wackiness for her to be 25 in the "present."

I missed the "Storybrooke, years ago" caption, so at first I was thinking it was what Robin's up to now, but then they mentioned lasagna, so I realized it wasn't generic grandmother "Granny's" but the diner.

It is weird.  In "The Eighth Witch", Regina says:

REGINA: And Robin? You're, what, 23 now? She sure has grown up fast.

ZELENA: Not in our realm.

REGINA: Right. Well, I'm not here to discuss timelines. Drizella's free. And she's trying to cast the curse. She was rescued by some creatures.

---

Lucy was 8, so this suggests Robin was under 15 years old (under 14 years old if we include Jacinda's pregnancy) when Regina last saw her in Storybrooke.  And in this clip, Regina would not be in town if this flashback showed Robin 15 or older.  

It just hit me now... why would Zelena know about Drizella?  Has Regina been visiting Zelena in this unknown realm?  

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Rumsy4 said:

Something tells me the timeline is going to get even more messed up.

I don't even think they're paying attention to the timeline, hence why the ages of the characters when put up together, don't match up when you think about it and why everything is kept vague so they don't have to deal with it.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, Free said:

I don't even think they're paying attention to the timeline, hence why the ages of the characters when put up together, don't match up when you think about it and why everything is kept vague so they don't have to deal with it.

This season is like a crack fic where timelines are made up and canon doesn't count. Except crackfic is actually meant to be funny.

Just now, KingOfHearts said:

Is it me or does it seem like Robyn will be revealed to be one of the Coat Hangers? The hoods in this sneak peek seemed to imply it.

Teenage rebellion? Or whatever age she's supposed to be.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, Rumsy4 said:

Except crackfic is actually meant to be funny.

It would be funny if Jacinda was meant to be a super unlikable murderer.

Zelena: "Robyn! How could you? You're one of them?!"

Robyn: "I had to prove to you I could be a real witch! I helped cast the Dark Curse you never could!"

Zelena: "So all those times you went out... you weren't stealing from the rich to give to the poor?!"

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 2
45 minutes ago, KingOfHearts said:

Zelena: "You told me you were out stealing from rich people!"

Robyn: "It's not my fault if the writers confused English folklore with Sabrina the teenage witch" (winks knowingly at the camera)

Edited by Rumsy4
  • Love 1
17 minutes ago, Rumsy4 said:

Robyn: "It's not my fault if the writers confused English folklore with sabrina the teenage witch" (winks knowingly at the camera)

Why watch the Sabrina Netflix show that's coming out when you've got this masterpiece?

How many juice cleanses is Zelena using to stay so young?

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, Camera One said:

This clip really gave me a Nickelodeon vibe.

It reminded me a bit of Charmed -- that does not have to be a bad thing, but I think in this case, I am leaning towards not a good thing.

2 hours ago, Free said:

I think we've reached a point in the season where they are so annoyed with the viewers for not seeing their vision that they are making the timeline as stupidly inconsistent as possible on purpose just to annoy us.  Us talking about it amuses them.

I wouldn't put it past them to have the brunette be Emma and Hook's daughter and the family eating lasagna being a special little dig.  I don't actually think this but it sounds terrible to me so its probably true despite being ludicrous.

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, ParadoxLost said:

I wouldn't put it past them to have the brunette be Emma and Hook's daughter and the family eating lasagna being a special little dig.  I don't actually think this but it sounds terrible to me so its probably true despite being ludicrous.

Didn't they say that we won't ever meet the Jones baby? And Emma wasn't even pregnant until Robin would have been at least ten years old (unless there's a wonky timeline issue, so that not as much time passed in Storybrooke, and even then, Baby Jones would be at least several years younger), so they wouldn't be peers. So that's one bit of hope to hold onto.

1 minute ago, Shanna Marie said:

Didn't they say that we won't ever meet the Jones baby? And Emma wasn't even pregnant until Robin would have been at least ten years old (unless there's a wonky timeline issue, so that not as much time passed in Storybrooke, and even then, Baby Jones would be at least several years younger), so they wouldn't be peers. So that's one bit of hope to hold onto.

I was just joking.  But she's not a baby.  Timelines can't be worked out.  And I think they are spiteful that way.

In all seriousness, I don't think its CS's kid.  But I did think the nod to lasagna was odd given that is something they specifically get made fun of for.  And I'm trying to think of a baby girl with a family in Storybooke who could be Robin's friend. Maybe just a random, unnamed guest star.

• Love 1

Hello everyone.  This is A&E here.  It looks like this is the only place on Earth where people are discussing the Sneak Peek, so we'll stoop to responding to some of your comments!

5 hours ago, KingOfHearts said:

Picture this - curse comes in, everyone born in EF is taken, leaving the next generation behind. S7 is about them coming together in the Land Without Magic to free their parents from it. Their parents could all be the same actors, since the curse would freeze time. Some of the next gen may be against magic, while others wouldn't be. Henry would be the Professor X/Nick Fury of the group. (The more I think about it, the more I realize this would need to be a spinoff, not just a final season.)

You read our minds.  This will be our next pitch to the network and we will tell ABC that fans are clamoring for a spinoff.  Thanks!

5 hours ago, Shanna Marie said:

But even if she's a teen, it's not that many years later for her to be 25, and we haven't had 25 years since season 5, so there has to have been some time wackiness for her to be 25 in the "present."

It will all be clear by the end of the season.  You won't be disappointed!

4 hours ago, Rumsy4 said:

Yes, we love playing with time so the question of whatever age she's supposed to be is a really pivotal one that might make a big difference or it might make no difference.  Thanks for watching!

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, Camera One said:

It looks like this is the only place on Earth where people are discussing the Sneak Peek

You may be right, because I haven't seen anyone talking about it on my tumblr dash. lol

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Rumsy4 said:

You may be right, because I haven't seen anyone talking about it on my tumblr dash. lol

This season especially has been pretty nonexistent all around so it's no wonder it's ending, along with its atrocious ratings.

• Love 4

Hello, this is A&E here.  Robin's friend could be Mulan's daughter, or The Dragon's granddaughter, or Jasmine's best friend, or Lily's daughter, or Mother Gothel in disguise.  But because we were cancelled, you will never know.

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, Camera One said:

Hello, this is A&E here.  Robin's friend could be Mulan's daughter, or The Dragon's granddaughter, or Jasmine's best friend, or Lily's daughter, or Mother Gothel in disguise.  But because we were cancelled, you will never know.

I'm fine with never knowing.  The way this show rolls, CS baby was probably kidnapped to the fairy realm and grew up in an instant to explain the timeline issues.

Last season I thought all the don't ruin the happy ending panic was overdone.  This season, they have nothing to lose.  Stay away from Storybrooke and leave Snow, Charming, Emma, Hook, and younguns alone.

• Love 4
39 minutes ago, ParadoxLost said:

I'm fine with never knowing.  The way this show rolls, CS baby was probably kidnapped to the fairy realm and grew up in an instant to explain the timeline issues.

Last season I thought all the don't ruin the happy ending panic was overdone.  This season, they have nothing to lose.  Stay away from Storybrooke and leave Snow, Charming, Emma, Hook, and younguns alone.

They might. They do have to make sure Regina and Rumple both get their happy endings. They have to make sure Regina gets everything she could possibly ever want. They only have a few episodes for Rumple to betray everyone once or twice before he gets his happy ending.     

• Love 2

I've transcribed the incantations over the cauldron so we can analyze the deeper meanings.

Rise up goddess, feel our flame
Rise up goddess, take thy sphere
We raise our voices in your name
Our faces bowed in fear
Our faces bowed to YOU

I'm assuming Mother Gothel is the goddess?  Who else?  Why would Robin want to raise a goddess?  Presumably, this whole thing develops and/or gives Robin an actual personality?  Was this a way to deal with her sexuality?  Or was the obsessions with this spell due to disappointment that she didn't inherit her mom's magic?  Does anyone care?  That incantation also sounds like a bad poem that some emo thirteen year old wrote in English class.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 3

I just rewatched the promo that aired for 7x11, and that scene with Robin and the cauldron with Zelena standing in the vault entrance was used completely out of context.  

Here's the transcript for that promo

Whook: This isn't over.   (Don't we wish, eh?)

Shot of Drizella against a wall.   

Shot of Robin with arrows.

Voiceover: The battle has just begun   (The Final Final Battle?)

Tremaine is chained to a wall.  Gothel walks up with Anastasia.

Gothel: Your mother is quite the monster.   (Monster is as monster does, I guess)

Voiceover: A chilling conflict.    (Is Frozen coming back?)

Shot of Anastasia at a table with objects in front of her moving.

Voiceover: Of dark magic.     (Dark magic moving everyday objects, scary stuff).

Overhead shot of woman walking towards chalk drawing of star within a circle.

Rogers: What kind of ritual are you talking about here?    (Can you look any more confused?)

Shot of Robin taking liquid from the cauldron and Zelena standing at vault entrance.

Weaver: Rituals that involve... sacrifices.    (Yep, Rise up goddess blah blah blah)

Voiceover: With two families held in the balance.     (Two families?  How are we counting this?)

Shot of Lucy in hospital bed.

Zelena: If we break the Curse, Henry dies.  If we don't, Lucy does.    (Is this for everyone who skipped the winter finale?)

Big letters: THE WAR OF THE WITCHES    (So now anyone female who does magic is a witch?  Then, 3B & 4B were also a War of the Witches)

Shot of Gothel doing magic, and Robin crying with Whook holding her back.

Voiceover: When Once Upon a Time returns.  Friday March 2nd.   On ABC. 

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Camera One said:

Voiceover: When Once Upon a Time returns.  Friday March 2nd.   On ABC. 

Wow. Can't believe it's back in 8 days. It feels like it's already over. I keep forgetting we've got a whole second half left. 12 episodes!

We're ending a seven year series with The Queens of Darkness Lite.... smashing. @Camera One and I might end up being the only ones still watching total, LOL.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Souris said:

THE WAR OF THE WITCHES????

Oh, Lord. I just ... seriously?

I honestly cannot believe this is the tagline they are using for the final arc of this series! It's so stupid and has nothing to do with the stories and characters that people care about. I haven't been paying close attention this season, but it seems the things people like are Tiana, Drizella, Alice/Whook, and the old characters (mostly just riding on the goodwill of the previous seasons). So instead they've decided to focus the end of the series on Gothel, the coat hangers, Zelena and Robin? Like WTF? And based on the most recent Hot Seat it doesn't look like they intend to include any of the old cast in the finale. I know it's cancelled so they probably don't care, but they have to realize they are damaging the legacy of the show which will negatively impact things like streaming, DVD sales, cons, merch, etc.

Edited by Kktjones
  • Love 10