Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E04: Bury The Ratchet

• Start Topic

Kandi really is a mess, she clearly didn't make her millions from managing people and having successful companies, She made her millions because she is an excellent songwriter and that's it.    Oh, and did not like the way Todd would not look anybody in the eye in the team meeting or when he was one on one with Don Juan. That always sends a red flag to me. Hell, even Apollo will look you in the eye when he's talking (lying) to you!  I always get the vibe from Todd  that he is trying to get his ducks in a row cause he knows this marriage ain't gonna last and Kandi already made it clear he's not getting a dime.

Edited by demarti
  • Love 1
If I hear, "at the end of the day" one more time it will be my new drinking game, RHONJ, BH, OC are all included in that too.

So true!  If I took a drink every time one of these hos uttered that statement, I'd have alcohol poisoning at the least and outright liver failure at worst.  Someone must have told them it made them sound smart.

• Love 6

Kandi really is a mess, she clearly didn't make her millions from managing people and having successful companies, She made her millions because she is an excellent songwriter and that's it.

Well, if it weren't for Kandi's hit song writing, Don Juan, et al would not have the jobs they have.  She's made her money by having a successful brand - Kandi Burruss - which she is the CEO of.

Edited by twilightzone
  • Love 2

Well, if it weren't for Kandi's hit song writing, Don Juan, et al would not have the jobs they have.  She's made her money by having a successful brand - Kandi Burruss - which she is the CEO of.

I agree.  But she needs to have a solid business team behind her that manages her best interests and reins her in when she goes in a million different directions at the same time.

Think about it - the whole mess with Tardy for the Party.  She wanted to be a friend to Kim and made the mistake of assuming that Kim would share any profits.  Wrong.  Maybe Don Juan tried to persuade her to get the proper contracts in place just to protect Kandi and she blew him off.  Or maybe he didn't.  At any rate Kandi got ripped off as well as her feelings hurt.  Was this the first time this happened or did it happen before when she tried to help someone out?

DJ needs to grow up and realize that he has a pretty sweet job.  Maybe he's been a one man show for years but he needs to either get a few more employees or better utilize the ones he has. 

Agree with the poster that speculated that Kandi wants Todd to do her dirty work so no one will get mad at her.  Just like she throws $$ at her mother and daughter to keep them happy.  Avoidance seems to be her middle name.

• Love 4

It looks to me that Phaedra is pretty much taking it out on Apollo.  She didn't go to court with him and is basically freezing him out of her life.  Before, she was being told by Apollo that Kenya was propositioning him plus she saw all of the episodes with Kenya going on and on about how "foin" Apollo is in her talking heads.  Why would she be mad at Apollo at that point?  She didn't know he was lying then.  It's not like she caught Apollo and Kenya cheating and went after Kenya and ignored Apollo.  I don't think this is that kind of situation.  Without knowing that Apollo lied, I think Phaedra had every right to be mad at Kenya.

Kandi is like a little gnat, flitting from camp to camp starting shit!  She is so run-tell-dat this season.  How did she expect Kenya to respond when she told her what Nene said?  That's the problem I have always had with Kandi.  She's a lot like Cynthia in that they both like to keep stirring shit while trying to make themselves look innocent and "above it all".  All her bullshit about "don't start none/won't be none" is just that!   Bullshit!!!

I don't care for either Phaedra or Kenya, but felt that Kenya honed in on foin Apollo even before she and Phaedra fell out.  It seemed weird especially since she was trying to get Walter to marry her.

JMO but I got the impression from the slice of their home life that Apollo would lie about anything, even about stupid things.  I do think that Phaedra knew he was at heart a lying sack of shit but the way Kenya inserted herself into their screen time, Phaedra wanted to believe what he was telling her.

I feel no sympathy for Kenya.  She bit at people and then cried when they bit back.  That's her MO and what comes around goes around.

• Love 3

I hope Kenya's sick enough of everyone to leave the show.

Andy's show must really struggle in the ratings department. I'm tired of the episodes being labeled 1 and a half hour, when in reality it's only 1 hour of RHOA, and a half a hour of a random howife.

• Love 3

Kandi - A woman should commune with her husband and vice versa. Kandi should absolutely discuss and seek counsel from husband about her business concerns and problems. She has the right to hear his advice and choose to follow it or not but Todd SHOULD NOT have been at that meeting and he damn sure shouldn't have been running his mouth at it. Kandi is the owner and proprietor of her business and she should be the one speaking to her employees about her expectations and the shortfalls in their performance. That would be like Melissa Gates coming into MicroSoft to come to speak to the employees about poor 3rd quarter earnings. Kandi is doing what Kandi always does, using a buffer to keep her from dealing directly with a bad situation and making her the bad guy. I don't blame his employees for being like WTF with Kandi's husband coming in and talking to them like that. It really isn't his place. The only thing I took issue with is Don Juan acting like Kandi has no right to speak with her husband about her business. 

Kandi's ass ain't national and ain't bigger because Kandi ass is cheap. No matter how good you are it takes good representation and people to get your name out there. Meaning you need representation from a national firm, agents, branding agents, etc. Kandi sitting in that tacky ass office with local ass narrow minded, non-innovative thinking Don Juan and the rest of her friends just ain't gonna get it. Kandi needs people to tell her where she needs to go not the other way around. I know Kandi is not fixin' to cut a check to a branding company in LA or NYC.

I must stand alone because I enjoyed the spa day convo. I don't care if it did take her 7 days to come up with it, the robot read comment was life affirming and is the most innovative thing that has ever come out of Porsha's mouth. 

I am on a wait and see with the new girl. I thought her admission of having bad feet was funny and refreshing though. However, I do smell a Kenya. Meaning, I think we will get no glimpses into her real life at all just her going from drama to drama. Sorry but we already have one of those. I am glad Porsha shut her down re: Kenya, however, Porsha is too dim to realize that failing to be polite and saccharine sweet just gives the new girl material to run with. Dumb!

This episode just proved to me that Phaedra is really bad at the game of fuck, marry, kill. You can do the other 2 but you don't dare marry that fool. 

I just can't find it in my heart to feel sorry for Kenya. So glad for the posters with extra long memories who spelled it all out more eloquently than I. Damn near forgot about the Walter is gay stuff.

Small comment - previews at the end of the show, Phaedra needs to do 2 things:

1. always wear red lipstick

2. never pull all her hair back because all her edges are snatched.

• Love 4

Everybody knows it's okay if you put your prayer shawl on the air mattress first! (Remember she had to cover her knees in church a few years ago?)

Of course, he could also be telling the truth about Phaedra now to get back at her.

I think Apollo is absolutely telling the truth about Phaedra running after him for that good d when he got out of prison. Remember she's the one who hired Ridickulous to strip at Kandi's party. She was talking about putting sugar up your vagina for oral sex. And she wore that fishnet beach cover up. Phaedra likes to act so southern and genteel, but when it comes to her sex life she's a freak. I don't think Apollo is making this up. He's not that smart and it's also not so bad that it would make you reevaluate your opinion of Phaedra. Apollo is clearly trying to hurt Phaedra, but if he had good dirt on her he'd use it.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 7

If I hear, "at the end of the day" one more time it will be my new drinking game, RHONJ, BH, OC are all included in that too.

It's just a newer way of saying, "When push comes to shove" or "After all is said and done" or "In conclusion".  It just happens to be the one that's trending now.  I have to admit, it does get monotonous when used after almost every talking head.  It's almost as bad as that awful "All that and a bag of chips" that was trending ad nauseum a few years ago.

She was talking about putting sugar up your vagina for oral sex.

The sugar up the vagina thing was Kandi.  She said it during one of her Kandi Koated Nights segments.

Edited by swankie
  • Love 3

I suspect that Don Juan is probably more of an Executive Assistant who got the sexy title (TM Lisa Vanderpump) of Manager as a reward for years of service and to make himself and Kandi sound important when he is working on her behalf.  I don't think that he is a talent manager like the people who work out of CAA or IMG, or even a family manager type like Kris Jenner or Sharon Osbourne, I think that he probably is more of the logistics and admin person for Kandi, which is a respectable gig, but he would not be the one setting the vision for Kandi's career and / or executing some intricate strategy to bump up Kandi's career one or more levels.  I don't think there is any shame in Don Juan not being some Hollywood shark, but I don't know if Kandi's career / potential even merits that kind of manager, or if Kandi would be willing to pay / give a cut to for that kind of management.

• Love 5

Kandi - A woman should commune with her husband and vice versa. Kandi should absolutely discuss and seek counsel from husband about her business concerns and problems. She has the right to hear his advice and choose to follow it or not but Todd SHOULD NOT have been at that meeting and he damn sure shouldn't have been running his mouth at it. Kandi is the owner and proprietor of her business and she should be the one speaking to her employees about her expectations and the shortfalls in their performance. That would be like Melissa Gates coming into MicroSoft to come to speak to the employees about poor 3rd quarter earnings. Kandi is doing what Kandi always does, using a buffer to keep her from dealing directly with a bad situation and making her the bad guy. I don't blame his employees for being like WTF with Kandi's husband coming in and talking to them like that. It really isn't his place. The only thing I took issue with is Don Juan acting like Kandi has no right to speak with her husband about her business. 

Kandi's ass ain't national and ain't bigger because Kandi ass is cheap. No matter how good you are it takes good representation and people to get your name out there. Meaning you need representation from a national firm, agents, branding agents, etc. Kandi sitting in that tacky ass office with local ass narrow minded, non-innovative thinking Don Juan and the rest of her friends just ain't gonna get it. Kandi needs people to tell her where she needs to go not the other way around. I know Kandi is not fixin' to cut a check to a branding company in LA or NYC.

I must stand alone because I enjoyed the spa day convo. I don't care if it did take her 7 days to come up with it, the robot read comment was life affirming and is the most innovative thing that has ever come out of Porsha's mouth. 

I am on a wait and see with the new girl. I thought her admission of having bad feet was funny and refreshing though. However, I do smell a Kenya. Meaning, I think we will get no glimpses into her real life at all just her going from drama to drama. Sorry but we already have one of those. I am glad Porsha shut her down re: Kenya, however, Porsha is too dim to realize that failing to be polite and saccharine sweet just gives the new girl material to run with. Dumb!

This episode just proved to me that Phaedra is really bad at the game of fuck, marry, kill. You can do the other 2 but you don't dare marry that fool. 

I just can't find it in my heart to feel sorry for Kenya. So glad for the posters with extra long memories who spelled it all out more eloquently than I. Damn near forgot about the Walter is gay stuff.

Small comment - previews at the end of the show, Phaedra needs to do 2 things:

1. always wear red lipstick

2. never pull all her hair back because all her edges are snatched.

Totally agree - Kandi is tight with her $$ and is stuck in the 90s with her business practices.  Not sure Don Juan has evolved from when he began working for her except that he learned to put up with her disorganization..  She needs to clean house and cut the check for a new business/branding team.  And leave her husband out of it.  Although he seems to understand how to manage a project/multiple projects.  

I got the Mama Joyce vibe from Don Juan last year when he heard about Kandi getting married.

Claudia doesn't do much for me at this point, although it was interesting that she and Porsha work for Ricky Smiley.  He always seems to be leching on Porsha on the show.

I suspect that Don Juan is probably more of an Executive Assistant who got the sexy title (TM Lisa Vanderpump) of Manager as a reward for years of service and to make himself and Kandi sound important when he is working on her behalf.  I don't think that he is a talent manager like the people who work out of CAA or IMG, or even a family manager type like Kris Jenner or Sharon Osbourne, I think that he probably is more of the logistics and admin person for Kandi, which is a respectable gig, but he would not be the one setting the vision for Kandi's career and / or executing some intricate strategy to bump up Kandi's career one or more levels.  I don't think there is any shame in Don Juan not being some Hollywood shark, but I don't know if Kandi's career / potential even merits that kind of manager, or if Kandi would be willing to pay / give a cut to for that kind of management.

I think you're on point. 

• Love 3

Kandi is too cheap to pay for real management or representation. It is cheap instead of frugal because she would make her money back with the right manager.

Kandi wants to be the good guy which makes everyone else the villain. Passive-aggressive.

• Love 2

It's just a newer way of saying, "When push comes to shove" or "After all is said and done" or "In conclusion".  It just happens to be the one that's trending now.  I have to admit, it does get monotonous when used after almost every talking head.  It's almost as bad as that awful "All that and a bag of chips" that was trending ad nauseum a few years ago.

The sugar up the vagina thing was Kandi.  She said it during one of her Kandi Koated Nights segments.

I am pretty sure it was Phaedra who recomended powdered sugar. Ick!
  • Love 1

Apollo is a convicted liar, but I believe his story about Phaedra.  What did he say?  He said that Phaedra came over to his apartment and had sex with him after he was released from prison.  Whats untrue about this?  She married him shortly after he was released from prison and became pregnant soon afterwards according to the show, thus they had sex after he was released from prison.  Maybe the air mattress was an embellishment or they had sex at her house, but the core of the story rings true to me.  YMMV

• Love 2

I am pretty sure it was Phaedra who recomended powdered sugar. Ick!

This is a quote from a recap of the episode involving the sugar vajayjay conversation:  http://www.realitytea.com/2010/11/02/the-real-housewives-of-atlanta-recap-the-sugar-chronicles/

"The topic turns to sex and Kandi’s web show. Dildos are brought up and Kandi shares she was planning on getting her mom one for mother’s day. Nene has the same exact reaction as I do when it comes to the topic of mothers and dildos. The topic turns to oral sex and Kandi shares that putting some sugar in your vay jay jay is an excellent trick. Once again, Nene has the same exact reaction as I when she declares, “Listen, I would never put kool-aid, candid yams, a peppermint candy, pancake syrup, none of those things in my vay jay jay. That’s crazy!”"

ETA - -  Ubiquitous and HunterHunted, it turns out we are all right:  http://www.thefrisky.com/2010-11-03/the-real-housewives-of-atlanta-think-you-should-put-sugar-in-your-vajay/

Edited by swankie

Apollo is a convicted liar, but I believe his story about Phaedra.  What did he say?  He said that Phaedra came over to his apartment and had sex with him after he was released from prison.  Whats untrue about this?  She married him shortly after he was released from prison and became pregnant soon afterwards according to the show, thus they had sex after he was released from prison.  Maybe the air mattress was an embellishment or they had sex at her house, but the core of the story rings true to me.  YMMV

It rings true to me as well.  That doesn't mean he isn't trying to make her look bad, but that could just be a bonus to Apollo. Were there any big reveals in what he said? My undererstanding was that they got together pretty much as soon as he hit the streets. The visuals about the ankle deal and the mattress might make it sound a bit tadry, but they are not shocking considering the fact that he had just been released from the slammer.

• Love 1

Apollo told all the business didn't he?  He basically supported all of our suppositions about Phaedra's real interest in him.  I am going to miss him.  He is shady and truthful at the same time.  Its an interesting combination.

Yes.  Apollo is a despicable person and a dum-dum to boot, but going to jail apparently gets him pouring tea, and I am here to sip it all.  Between his apologizing to Kenya and putting all of her storybook marriage lies on blast, poor Phaedra's going to have to put all her reunion reads on index cards to keep them straight.  And I will be there for that too, with bells on.

I think it's nasty as hell for Nene to keep this rumor alive but oh well. then, that's Nene.

Fixed that.

Exactly, I'm still waiting for them to use another reason...and there are plenty of them and I like Kenya.

Yeah.  I was impressed with Kandi for owning up to the fact that the other women just don't like Kenya and so refuse to give her any benefit of any doubt.  Kenya is not many people's cup of tea, for sure; she's pretty funny and smart, and she seems cool to hang out with, but if she's as extra in real life as she is on the show then I know I'd find it hard to be around her. But the extent to which Phaedra and company are holding these so-called trangressions against her is straight up see-through and pretty pathetic.  And Kandi had a hit again when she asked Nene why she and Kenya originally fell out in the first place, and Nene sat there stuttering.  Don't worry, girl.  We already know.

Todd can go somewhere and sit down with all that posturing at the Kandi Factory.  Don Juan may have been whiny (I certainly would never come at my boss like that), but he wasn't wrong about that being avowedly not Todd's place.  If Kandi wants to restructure their jobs or pursue some different goals, she is supposed to present that to her team.  Any boss should want to do that, so everyone is clear on what the boss wants.  So, Todd:  1) Why you at the meeting? 2) Why you running the meeting? 3) Barack Obama ain't trying to be nowhere Kandi's ratchet empire, you have to know this, and 4) Sweetheart, I have seen Hollywood Divas, and I strongly feel that you need to save your big boy baseball caps and your "get yourselves together" lectures for the staff at Todd Tucker Productions.

• Love 11

I do believe it happen, and just exactly like Apollo said it happened.

We all knew they hitched pretty much as soon as he got out of prison so this is no earthshattering news. I could have done without the details though, what happens between two single consenting adults is nobody's business but them.

Apollo is a POS for revealing this when there was absolutely no need for him to do it, but on the other hand I am glad he did because it just gives more support to my theory that if Apollo could in any sort of way incriminate or blame Phaedra for any of his criminal activities he would have sung like a canary, he would have spilled the beans about her involvement as fast as he could. Apollo has no loyalty to anybody , let alone his wife. Furthermore he seems to have a vendetta against her, he seems determined to ruin her in all possible ways. The fact that even in this state of mind he hasn't incriminated her at all in his illegal activities tells me that Phaedra was not in it at all, let alone was the mastermind as many have claimed.  

Phaedra's biggest mistake was to have fallen for this POS, pretty boy with a criminal mind, as a lawyer she should have run the other way, the price she will have to pay for her mistake is a lifetime of punishment by having to share her kids with this lowlife, I am just glad that she realized that this was the end of the road for them and made a clean break. I would have hated that she pulled her little southern belle BS and proclaimed that she was going to stay by her man forever just to please her religious beliefs or to please the viewers and keep up with a fake persona. The fact that Phaedra has made such a clean break from this bastard gives me hope that she has finally learned her lesson about pretty jail birds.  

• Love 8

Apollo is a POS for revealing this when there was absolutely no need for him to do it, but on the other hand I am glad he did because it just gives more support to my theory that if Apollo could in any sort of way incriminate or blame Phaedra for any of his criminal activities he would have sung like a canary, he would have spilled the beans about her involvement as fast as he could. Apollo has no loyalty to anybody , let alone his wife. Furthermore he seems to have a vendetta against her, he seems determined to ruin her in all possible ways. The fact that even in this state of mind he hasn't incriminated her at all in his illegal activities tells me that Phaedra was not in it at all, let alone was the mastermind as many have claimed.

I agree that he spilled the tea about their intimacy to hurt Phaedra.  I think he is slowly leaking (seething) so we have not heard all of it yet.  I don't know if she was involved, but she is not a dumb person and she seems plugged into whats going on.  At the very least, I think she knew enough about what he was doing to protect herself and the boys from it.  Apollo is shady on my TV so I cannot imagine what kind of alarms go off when you are in his presence.

• Love 3

Apollo's purpose in revealing the details of his post prison sex life with Phae was to underscore that he had reason to believe that she, knowing and accepting the worst, was with him all the way.

He is genuinely confused that she has made a 180 where he is concerned.

He was on this show during the entire time that he was running his scamming businesses and no hint of them, including the fact that he had a close female associate, made the show. He can keep his cards close to his vest and he has been shown to be shrewdly calculating in his practices. When he said he was found out because his associate was caught, he was revealing that he had kept himself at least one step removed from the theft and his "buffer" would have had to turn to make the case against him.

It can't be known at this point if he has any viable evidence to give against Phae. She wisely paid that other lady off when she couldn't stonewall any further.

Her swollen face and weight loss and "stress" this season may mean that she knows she could be next.

• Love 2

Yeah, I hope Todd didn't literally mean that Kandi should be collaborating with the Obama's in some way. Hopefully, he used the white house as an extreme example of DJ's vision being too small.

I think Todd's delusional ass was being literal. He probably thinks Kandi should be running in the same circles as Jay Z, Beyoncé, George Clooney, and SJP. Which, no. Obama won't be adding the Burruss-Tuckers to his rolodex anytime soon.

Kandi is 'small-time' and local, but she seems comfortable in this arena. She's a big fish in a small pond. She can run around the ATL in her koolaid weave and cheap clothes and feel good about herself. And more power to her. I just don't think she has the energy or discipline to compete at a national/international level.

• Love 7

Yeah, I hope Todd didn't literally mean that Kandi should be collaborating with the Obama's in some way. Hopefully, he used the white house as an extreme example of DJ's vision being too small.

That sounds the most likely reason.

She married him shortly after he was released from prison and became pregnant soon afterwards according to the show, thus they had sex after he was released from prison.

We all know, thanks to Phaedra's OBGYN during her first season, that Phae was pregnant BEFORE she and juvial Apollo were married.  Lol!  That floor mattress sex will get ya every time!

• Love 5

I like Kenya and I did think she was really crying.  When they followed her to the bathroom, she was removing her mic pack, as in "I'm done" -- it's a tell.  She was serious.  Plus, what she said that they caught because of the mic, that her nieces were questioning her behavior because of the show, sounds like something Kenya would never reveal in front of the cameras, so I trust that was real.  The package was fake: the set-up with boxing and other people, when we all know there's cameras and camerapeople there, and that everyone shown on screen had to sign a waiver, and there was lighting … so toss in that, and it might feel that Kenya's tears weren't true, but I don't think Kenya knew what Kandi was telling her and possibly had been told by production that Kandi was going to apologize.  This would make Kenya start dreaming of how she's going to be redeemed, only to have her crash when Kandi says "the nightmare isn't over."  It felt real.

Just as, to me, the Peter and Apollo conversation about Fakedra felt real.  It didn't seem like he realized that would be embarrassing to her, but rather it was his reason (as someone else posted) for his belief that Fakedra was going to stand by him: she did all THAT, so why is she balking now?  Add to that, his reason for why he lied about Kenya also felt real.  She outed him texting her and he covered with a lie about why it wasn't all him.   I'm also in the camp that sees how clearly Apollo shines for Kenya.  When he's lying on his cot listening to 300 men snore all around him, it's Kenya's face that's gonna be in his head.  

And I think he loves his boys the way men like Apollo love their children and wives:  Secondarily, after their prime concern (themselves) has all needs met.

Nene vs. Cynthia …. I'm with Cynthia.

Todd vs. DJ … I'm with DJ.

Proshop with anyone?  I'm with ANYONE ELSE.  That girl nearly made me not watch this season.  I hope Claudia is a replacement for her donk dink doopie ass.

Edited by Blister
  • Love 10

Remember it wasn't just the air mattress. He was, as he said, in the projects, with the ankle monitor!

He also claimed he had to unlock the "gate" to let her into those "projects", do they have a "gated project community" in Atlanta? LOL I think Apollo is stretching the truth quite a bit even though we know Phaedra got pregnant before they got married.

• Love 1

I like Kenya and I did think she was really crying.  When they followed her to the bathroom, she was removing her mic pack, as in "I'm done" -- it's a tell.  She was serious.  Plus, what she said that they caught because of the mic, that her nieces were questioning her behavior because of the show, sounds like something Kenya would never reveal in front of the cameras, so I trust that was real.  The package was fake: the set-up with boxing and other people, when we all know there's cameras and camerapeople there, and that everyone shown on screen had to sign a waiver, and there was lighting … so toss in that, and it might feel that Kenya's tears weren't true, but I don't think Kenya knew what Kandi was telling her and possibly had been told by production that Kandi was going to apologize.  This would make Kenya start dreaming of how she's going to be redeemed, only to have her crash when Kandi says "the nightmare isn't over."  It felt real.

Just as, to me, the Peter and Apollo conversation about Fakedra felt real.  It didn't seem like he realized that would be embarrassing to her, but rather it was his reason (as someone else posted) for his belief that Fakedra was going to stand by him: she did all THAT, so why is she balking now?  Add to that, his reason for why he lied about Kenya also felt real.  She outed him texting her and he covered with a lie about why it wasn't all him.   I'm also in the camp that sees how clearly Apollo shines for Kenya.  When he's lying on his cot listening to 300 men snore all around him, it's Kenya's face that's gonna be in his head.  

And I think he loves his boys the way men like Apollo love their children and wives:  Secondarily, after their prime concern (themselves) has all needs met.

Nene vs. Cynthia …. I'm with Cynthia.

Todd vs. DJ … I'm with DJ.

Proshop with anyone?  I'm with ANYONE ELSE.  That girl nearly made me not watch this season.  I hope Claudia is a replacement for her donk dink doopie ass.

And yet she did not remove her mic, she only acted like she did. LOL

Yes, Apollo has the hots for Kenya, that was apparent day 1 but it is also apparent that she has the hots for him as well. I think they both have wild dreams about each other.

• Love 2

We have yet to hear Apollo apologize for his crimes or for what he's done to his family. All he does is trash Phaedra & blame her for his problems. Then the mention of the "air mattress dates". He made himself look even worse by revealing that about the mother of his children. I don't care if she crawled through the mud to get to him, she fell for him but now they have kids & he doesn't seem to realize kids come first & change everything as they should. He doesn't see her wanting to protect them & their future. All he cares about is what he will have when he gets out & doesn't want to be broke. We don't see him mentioning about how this will affect his kids down the road or hurt Phaedra or her career. Last week he said he "despises everything about her". He's a total low life & Peter adding fuel to the fire didn't help. Let's blame everything on Phaedra, not the criminal.

Kenya has a problem with the women talking about her but she has no problem talking about them all the time. She can turn on the water works so quickly. I don't know why she's putting so much attention on the rumors if they are not true & she has so much going on in her life. I know I wouldn't give it anymore life, except she doesn't have a story without it.

Now, Don Juan...I have worked with people like him. Once they are called out it's the blame game. I get it that he's been with Kandi for years & he feels threatened by Todd. But the way he spoke to Kandi & to & about Todd were reasons enough for me to fire him if he was my employee. Me & my husband run a business & if any employee spoke about my husbands resume that way, I would show them the door. Kandi doesn't want to take blame so she asks Todd to do it & he takes the heat for it. I don't know if Todd is on the board for her companies or works for them in any way, it was still wrong the way Don reacted & handled it. VERY unprofessional. Kandi defends her mother to no end, why didn't she do the same for Todd.

Is it just me or does Kandi like to stir the pot? She pretends to be neutral & doesn't want everyone to fight but then runs & tells the others what everyone is saying. She could have apologized to Kenya & left it at that.

• Love 5

I agree about Don Juan.  They've been doing well, but how much of that is Kandi making her own opportunities?  And I'm sure he's been a great support system and maybe even has had great ideas along the way.  But being #1 assistant to a songwriter with a small clothing boutique does not necessarily mean he can run a staff that efficiently handles not only a songwriter's career, the boutique, but a sex toy company, a late night podcast (does she still do that?), a reality show (two, if you count the mentoring show), plus taking a musical theatre production from local to touring.  Opening a new production space.  Throwing a wedding.  And whatever the hell else she's got lined up on her vision poster this month.

He was probably fine when it was the two of them.  Now there are 2-3 others... doing what?  How is he managing them?  My guess is that they've gone from Kandi just sending Don Juan texts about what she needs done to meetings in the new space where Kandi tells the team what she wants done.  And then they stand around looking at each other and do some of it., and she asks again at the next meeting, and they say "we're working on it" and six weeks later she tells them precisely what steps to take to accomplish what they should have taken the initiative to do (or DJ should have directed them to do) in the first place.   

Hiring staff is a skill.  Motivating staff is a skill.  Finding things for staff to do is a skill.  I don't know if Todd has that skill, but Don Juan hasn't shown that he does (based on what we've seen, which of course could be completely skewed).  It's messy that Kandi's bringing Todd in as her bad cop, but Todd was 100% right on one account -- if you've made yourself so irreplaceable that can't go to your own mother's wedding, you're not managing effectively.  Yes, sometimes we make sacrifices for work, but the impression I got from Todd is that DJ's throwing the martyr card when he's actually a martyr to his own lack of having brought along the people he's supervising to be able to operate semi-independently.

• Love 9

I like Claudia already solely based on the super trailer that showed her pissing Nene off. I normally despise HoWives that are only brought on to troll the established ladies but in this case, go ahead girl. Aggravate these bitches all you want, they will not hesitate to do that to you.

I am not at all concerned about Claudia and these bitches. She's already tangled with the original reality bitch who wrote the book. http://newsone.com/2624413/omarosa-claudia-jordan-bet-awards-fight/  Speaking of, isn't she in Atlanta now? And pseudo married? I'd love to see her and Nene go head to head.

Yes.  Apollo is a despicable person and a dum-dum to boot, but going to jail apparently gets him pouring tea, and I am here to sip it all.  Between his apologizing to Kenya and putting all of her storybook marriage lies on blast, poor Phaedra's going to have to put all her reunion reads on index cards to keep them straight.  And I will be there for that too, with bells on.

And Kandi had a hit again when she asked Nene why she and Kenya originally fell out in the first place, and Nene sat there stuttering.  Don't worry, girl.  We already know.

So, Todd:  1) Why you at the meeting? 2) Why you running the meeting? 3) Barack Obama ain't trying to be nowhere Kandi's ratchet empire, you have to know this, and 4) Sweetheart, I have seen Hollywood Divas, and I strongly feel that you need to save your big boy baseball caps and your "get yourselves together" lectures for the staff at Todd Tucker Productions.

Love it. Love the bag love the shoes love everything. /TM MBFW

Nene knows she was carrying with all that extra. If it wasn't about her new enemy she would have called that "robot read" for the corn it was. C'mon, knock it off. If it takes a week to come up with it, it's not a read, sweetie. Now sashy ... away.

• Love 2

Please stick to the subject of this episode in this thread.

Want to talk about Kenya's past? Take it to her thread.

Want to talk about Porsha's past? Take it to her thread.

Want to talk about something that happened three seasons ago? There's a thread for that.

Get my drift? Thank you.

This is a quote from a recap of the episode involving the sugar vajayjay conversation:  http://www.realitytea.com/2010/11/02/the-real-housewives-of-atlanta-recap-the-sugar-chronicles/

ETA - -  Ubiquitous and HunterHunted, it turns out we are all right:  http://www.thefrisky.com/2010-11-03/the-real-housewives-of-atlanta-think-you-should-put-sugar-in-your-vajay/

Oh Swankie, thanks for posting that sugar clip; had me howling!!  I'm with Nene who so hilariously said in her TH, "Oooh, I had to almost gag just then.  Listen, I would never put Kool-Aid, candied yams, peppermint candy, pancake syrup, you know, none of those things in my vajayjay.  That's cuh-razy!"  Minus the grammatical error, from my brain to her mouth--gross.  That's the Nene I wish still existed...

I like Claudia Jordan, and from one tomboy to another, I can definitely see the tomboy in her.  I like how she's self deprecating, but not in an insecure way.

Porsha annoys the crap out of me (as does the 'sh' in her name).  I don't do stupid well, especially mean stupid. And call me cuh-razy, but I honestly don't find Porsha or Apollo even remotely good looking.  I'm more the Cynthia/Leon type.  Claudia's very pretty, but kind of too perfect looking for my tastes.

Don Juan is a backyard breeder, but Kandy (gosh I hate that K) should either handle her business herself, or officially add Todd to the team.  Someone above mentioned how Todd kept looking away and down during the meeting--I thought he was trying to be deferential as he probably knew deep down he shouldn't be there.  That had to be awkward for Todd, who appears to have some business savvy. If Kandy needs a pit bull, she should hire one.

Being a mother myself, I appreciate Phaedra's dedication to parenting, but she needs to be careful she doesn't end up making her children think they're better than others.  She's doing a good job instilling manners and a polite outward appearance--it's their insides I'm worried about.  Any woman who would marry a creep like Azpollo (thank you for that!) causes me concern.  He's an awful person through and through, though I can't help but feel a bit sorry for him since it seems he had no decent upbringing.  He still doesn't get it. He's hopeless. I have zero respect for Phaedra marrying someone with so few morals and values. No, he's not pretty, he's pathetic...

Edited by IslandGirl
  • Love 1

Yes Kenya did but Kenya isn't continuously calling Porsha a hoe or harping on it the way Fakedra does.

Me personally, I never understand why the wife/girlfriend always gets upset with the other woman? I'm not saying that a wife/gf shouldn't be upset with the other woman, but most of their anger is directed towards the other woman when it should be more directed at the husband/bf for flirting/cheating, etc. The man is the one that owes you his loyalty and to be monogamous. The other woman doesn't owe the wife anything but the other woman does owe herself her dignity and self-respect.

I think a healthy(ier) share of the anger is directed at the other woman because women expect a higher standard of loyalty and intelligence from each other than they do from a man.  Which sucks, but I believe it's how they get there.  I don't believe it's mutually exclusive though, I think a lot of women have enough anger to go around, it is, or at least it looks tempered by the fact they already love the dude. 

Yes, she does.  She owes the wife the respect she would want accorded to her own marriage.  The difficult part of this argument is the automatic parallel drawn between the other woman's behavior vs. the husband's behavior.    I'm not saying she needs to have a stronger sense of responsibility than the guy does about his own marriage.  I'm saying she needs to respect it regardless of his feelings, but especially, especially if and when she becomes cognizant that her behavior makes his wife uncomfortable.    That's where Kenya turned shitty to me.  Flirting, touching, joking, twirling, it can all be perfectly innocent (see Nene/Peter) but if a) the husband actually starts being flattered and taking it seriously coincides with:  b) the wife being, looking or saying she is annoyed by that, a respectful woman backs off.

A lot of people have said this, esp. last season after the way Apollo degraded Phaedra, but I don't think this is the case. I don't think she raises her voice or gives him a piece of her mind at all. I think their marriage is - and always has been - fake. It's more like an arrangement, where Phaedra got a huzzbin, a sperm donor, and an entree into reality TV as a perfect southern belle (her words, not mine), and Apollo got access to Easy Street. But they're a mis-match who seemingly never talk to each other. In fact, I don't think they even lived together. Think about all of the scenes when it's just the two of them talking -- they act like strangers. Or they know the deal. What does she have to yell at him about if he's just playing his part? That's why I think she says nothing to him, and the two semi-strangers continue to do their own thing.

I can remember three occasions on which it appeared she'd forgotten her hot mic and her southern belle routine and let him have it.   She was cursing so low and fast it had to be subtitled.  :D  Once they were in her car.  Second time they were at home in the downstairs guest bathroom with the door closed and the third time they were in the hotel lobby after pillowtalkgate.   Was the marriage fake?  mebbe, but I don't have any doubt that Phaedra has made her real feelings well known to Apollo regarding where he has behaved inadamnppropriately. 

Oh Kenya, Kenya, Kenya ...... what to say, what to say

I liked Kenya at the beginning because in this sea of English butchers she was a glaring example that a good education and good diction and grammar always look good.

Looking back at the past seasons I have seen and heard Kenya comment about her castmates looks, intelligence, manners, marriages, money, businesses, careers, nothing has ever been out of bounds for Ms. Kenya, she has never been short of adjectives for them, so why is she so surprised when they are not short of adjectives for her? That to me is glaring hypocrisy

Kenya called Porsha a HO way back , did Porsha made a two year deal out of it? No, she didn't.

Kenya invaded Nene's physical space when she pulled her earring and insulted her when she called her a moose, if Nene would have barely blow too hard in her direction Kenya would have thrown herself to the floor, she would have twitched like a piece of bacon, would have called the paramedics, filed assault charges and on top would have chastised Nene for calling her names regarding her physicality because "women do not do that".

Kenya in last episode jokingly called Kandi getto, and then laughed it off, great. But if the shoe was on the other foot and it was Kandi who made that "joke", Kenya would had been up in arms accusing Kandi of stereotyping her and giving us a tearful recount of how hurt she is that these women keep labeling her, yet she has no problems labeling them.

I don't believe that Kenya wanted to have sex or was even interested in Apollo, I do believe that she wanted to hurt Phaedra and that is why she flirted with him so shamelessly, she probably wasn't expecting that he was going to up the game but that is what happens when you play with fire. This is what happens when someone decided to carve herself a spot of the RHOA by purposedly and willingly messing with everyone and ruffling their feathers just to generate enough controversy to get herself a peach.

Kenya and her tears from last episode didn't moved me one bit, she called Porsha a HO and never thought for one second about making that accusation about a married women, she flirted and insinuated herself with an ex-con just to get back at his wife, she decided to pick up a fight with Nene for no reason but to create controversy and invaded her physical space, she has insulted Kandi many times, this is not the first one, she treatened a pregnant woman with violence, she continues to insult Cynthia by labeling a mindless follower, all in all these women have very valid reasons not to like her or want to be around her except that they have to film together, the Apollo sage is just the visible one but I have no doubt that there are strong undercurrents going on.

Kenya's little act of the wounded dove who can't understand why the other women are so mean to her and why they are picking on her is just a pathetic attempt to be perceived as the victim because being the victim or portraying herself as the victim always pays off, ask Teresa Guidice or Lisa Vanderpump about it.  Well, Ms. Kenya, I am not buying it, nope, not one bit.

This whole thing?  C-H-U-R-C-H!    

And to be clear, one thing does not justify another.  I believe what Apollo did (and good Lord, his reasoning for why? Jesus) was deplorable.  Like, get a group of your cousins n' nem to beat his ass deplorable and cannot and should not be rationalized.   Absent and before this lie, there was a pattern of Kenya's behavior that contributed to the women's overall genuine dislike and distrust of her and that's the part that she does not want to take responsibility for nor understand.   

Whoever has the collection plate, hurry up and pass it back.

I do believe it happen, and just exactly like Apollo said it happened.

We all knew they hitched pretty much as soon as he got out of prison so this is no earthshattering news. I could have done without the details though, what happens between two single consenting adults is nobody's business but them.

::tacklehug::  I said this nearly verbatim after the first episode of this season aired.   Shit half the time he doesn't even know the words have left his mouth let alone the damage he's causing, even after the person he's saying it to or about reacts physically.   He's certainly diabolical but not calculatingly intelligent enough to hold whatever he has over her to use as leverage 8 years from now.   He's more of an instant gratification type and the information would be more valuable now.  

Now, Don Juan...I have worked with people like him. Once they are called out it's the blame game. I get it that he's been with Kandi for years & he feels threatened by Todd. But the way he spoke to Kandi & to & about Todd were reasons enough for me to fire him if he was my employee. Me & my husband run a business & if any employee spoke about my husbands resume that way, I would show them the door. Kandi doesn't want to take blame so she asks Todd to do it & he takes the heat for it. I don't know if Todd is on the board for her companies or works for them in any way, it was still wrong the way Don reacted & handled it. VERY unprofessional. Kandi defends her mother to no end, why didn't she do the same for Todd.

Okay, this here?  I might just be too used to corporate hustles, but I did NOT find this shit funny or cute or acceptable at. all.  I agree that Todd had no business inserting himself in her business and/or her team meeting, that is not his lane.  However, even if Todd wasn't Kandi's husband, all of Don Juan's neckpopping and TH reading on the side?   Todd didn't come at anybody in that group, he didn't raise his voice (I don't think).  At his wife's request, he offered, in the true sense of the word, constructive, criticism about their proactivity.  I don't give a damn how casual a setting you're used to, you do not conduct yourself in a business meeting as though you were backstage at the hip hop awards.  I don't understand how she got to be the boss of anything before Todd if she's not willing to diplomatically say what it is that needs to be said.  Ridiculous.

I like Claudia so far, if for no other reason than letting us know she's got busted up feet.  I dunno, I think somebody who's conquered NY, LA and Dubai might've looked into the surgery to fix that though.   Even with the Chrissy Snow like stupidity, Porsha didn't used to bother me.  But the thing about trying to shade Claudia for being on the radio end of the same show she does for TV?  Girl PBS ain't bout to call to ask you to fill in for Gwen, have a seat.  She reminds me of a Tyler Perry character, whose favorite response to being confronted by her baby's father was to elicit his name in one agonizing monotone minute long stream.   I do hope she remarries soon because once the pretty's gone........ well.   {{smooths skirt}}

eta:  verb-noun agreement.  oy.

Edited by ZaldamoWilder
  • Love 9

^^^^Can you give me a link to the Tyler Perry character and her schtick?? I was introduced to Tyler Perry via a coworker's video tapes that she let me borrow. 

Girl are you sure?  Because you cannot unhear this, in dolby surround sound, for 1.5 hours of your life. 

If you're absolutely sure, fast forward to 0:34.  Or just wait, you'll know Ratchetiqua when you see her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJlfqMDJaPQ

• Love 1

The first thing out of DJ's mouth was "She sells sex toys!" to Todd... as in, no, Obama would not invite them to the White House for dinner anytime soon.

Well, if she is willing to donate....

I am not at all concerned about Claudia and these bitches. She's already tangled with the original reality bitch who wrote the book. http://newsone.com/2624413/omarosa-claudia-jordan-bet-awards-fight/  Speaking of, isn't she in Atlanta now? And pseudo married? I'd love to see her and Nene go head to head.

This could be epic, but I don't think Nene would be up for it.

Edited by ToukieSmith

My condolences go out to Todd and Kaela and the entire Tucker family in the loss of his mother. She seemed like a wonderful person with spunk and a big heart. Her relationship with Todd and Kandi was wonderful to see. My prayers go out to the family.

Mods, sorry I didn't know how to start a thread but wanted to express my condolences.

No one is debating the core of the story. Clearly they were having sex when he was released, ergo Ayden. But booty-calling and then rolling up into the projects at 3 a.m to fuck on an air mattress adds a whole other rather unsavory level. I know if I were her I'd be pissed, especially if I'm perpetrating a prissy, southern belle fraud.

As for Kandi, totally agree with those who said she makes Todd the henchmen so he gets the hate instead of her. She seriously needs to grow up. She should definitely confer with him but when it comes to reprimanding her employees, that's her job. That said, I thought Don Juan was acting like a real asshole and ungulate when he was talking about Todd and if I were Kandi, I'd have a little chat with him about that. Todd's also dreaming. I know Michelle Obama watches the Real Housewives of Atlanta, but there's no way she wants those bitches in her house. There will be no opportunities for your girl and POTUS, Todd. And even if some way in hell there was even the possibility, Don Juan is not the man to make it happen, my friend.

Re: Kandi.

Here is what I don't get.  I think she has done remarkably well, all things considered.  She was in Xscape many, many moons ago.  She worked on successful songwriting projects and opened up a set of small clothing boutiques.  Even by most standards that would be doing much better than most people who have been in pop/R&B groups.  Then she landed the RHOA thing.  And then Bedroom Kandi, and Kandi Coated Nights and the play.  I don't know who is making those things happen for her, if its DJ, if its just her, if she has a manager.  But either way, she is doing really well for someone who was in a girl group like 20 years ago!  I'm not sure what is going so wrong that it really requires a reprimand.  What level is she trying to get to that requires frantic movement?

does anyone know what the girls of Dream are up to?

• Love 2

Re: Kandi.

Here is what I don't get.  I think she has done remarkably well, all things considered.  She was in Xscape many, many moons ago.  She worked on successful songwriting projects and opened up a set of small clothing boutiques.  Even by most standards that would be doing much better than most people who have been in pop/R&B groups.  Then she landed the RHOA thing.  And then Bedroom Kandi, and Kandi Coated Nights and the play.  I don't know who is making those things happen for her, if its DJ, if its just her, if she has a manager.  But either way, she is doing really well for someone who was in a girl group like 20 years ago!  I'm not sure what is going so wrong that it really requires a reprimand.  What level is she trying to get to that requires frantic movement?

does anyone know what the girls of Dream are up to?

I think Kandi did well because she was not only a performer, but a songwriter.  A very good songwriter who wrote some big hits.  She is no dummy and I have no doubt she is responsible for most of her success.

I think the tension we are seeing on screen when it comes to Kandi's business is manufactured.  While I know that a lot of the drama on these shows is exaggerated, I think there is always a bit of truth to the animosity. In this case, I think it's 100% false. Last season Don Juan expressed concerns about Todd intruding in the business once he married Kandi. Low and behold, Todd's interfering in the business.

• Love 1

I like Kandi, but if she has an issue with her staff SHE needs to step up and handle it, not Todd. Being a leader means you sometimes have to be the bad guy, it's part of the job. It was a cop-out and a passive-aggressive move to let Todd go in and be her pitbull versus stepping up to the plate and being direct. One of the many reasons why I think it's a bad idea to hire friends to work in your business.

Like all of you, I damn near fell off the couch when Todd mentioned Kandi doing something with the Obamas. The look on Don Juan's face was priceless. Michelle may watch RHOA as a guilty pleasure the way the rest of us do, but she sure as shit isn't going to be seen with any of those broads.

I also agree that Phaedra should not have gotten a dog. Ayden will lose interest in five minutes and there's no point in adding something else to take care of when your household is already stressed.

• Love 2

I like Kandi, but if she has an issue with her staff SHE needs to step up and handle it, not Todd. Being a leader means you sometimes have to be the bad guy, it's part of the job. It was a cop-out and a passive-aggressive move to let Todd go in and be her pitbull versus stepping up to the plate and being direct. One of the many reasons why I think it's a bad idea to hire friends to work in your business.

Like all of you, I damn near fell off the couch when Todd mentioned Kandi doing something with the Obamas. The look on Don Juan's face was priceless. Michelle may watch RHOA as a guilty pleasure the way the rest of us do, but she sure as shit isn't going to be seen with any of those broads.

I also agree that Phaedra should not have gotten a dog. Ayden will lose interest in five minutes and there's no point in adding something else to take care of when your household is already stressed.

In her blog this week, she says they did not get a dog yet so I suspect that was filmed for the show.