Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E04: Bury The Ratchet

• Start Topic

Todd reprimands staffers at the Kandi Factory, putting Kandi in between her team and her husband. Meanwhile, Phaedra struggles with fallout from Apollo's decisions; Claudia begins to adjust to Atlanta life; Kenya hopes to mend relationships with the others.

Do Porsha and the new gal really have TV and radio jobs or do they just show up for two minutes of someone else's show?

How did Kandi get so much accomplished by being such a pushover? Classic Kandi move to make Todd enforce the rules, then make him the bad guy,

Wow, Porsha is cheap! I mean that in the slutty, trashy way, not fiscally.

Just how long was Kenya crying and why did she suddenly stop in mid-sentence? I found it odd that they had closed the studio and left them in the bathroom.

• Love 2

Yes Porscha, clearly Dish Nation hired you for your intellectual capabilities. Uh huh.

I'm sorry. Todd just seemed silly talking about the team needs to be doing more to uplift Kandi and her business. Everybody knows he's walking away from Kandi with bupkis. He don't have a dog in that fight at all. Husband or not, her businesses mean nothing to him.

• Love 4

For the record, Porsha's arrival on Dish Nation a) ruined the show for me, and b) COMPLETELY coincided with her notoriety after the reunion.

She really is believing all her hype.

Oh, Phaedra? You yellow, boo. Quack quack. #projectsbootycall #airmattresssex #scoopupatthejailgates.  And stop talking about other people's reads, Cynthia didn't have all season to come up with hers like you did, Morticia.

4 for 4. I know many think Ayedan is the greatest kid who ever drew breath, but he's not that cute, he's not that special, and he's not a Housewife or an adult able to make the decision to participate, so I'm going to need Phaedra to make better choices and stop using those children as a shield. For all her talk, she's doing a LOUSY job of shielding them from this stuff and participating in a season heavy with their parents marital problems.

Nene should never do a talking head saying someone is not cute. Uh uh, boo boo. No ma'am.

Almost forgot - loving Don Juan!

Edited by SnarkKitty
  • Love 19

Yes Porscha, clearly Dish Nation hired you for your intellectual capabilities. Uh huh.

I'm sorry. Todd just seemed silly talking about the team needs to be doing more to uplift Kandi and her business. Everybody knows he's walking away from Kandi with bupkis. He don't have a dog in that fight at all. Husband or not, her businesses mean nothing to him.

Wouldn't that mean he is looking out for her interests then? I think Kandi whines/complains to him about stuff not getting done a lot and he just tried to help. What he does not seem to understand is, Kandi is the one that sets the standards by which her employees operate. It seems that she can only concentrate on 1 project at a time and keeps her "team" operating the same way. JMO 

• Love 6

How did Kandi get so much accomplished by being such a pushover? Classic Kandi move to make Todd enforce the rules, then make him the bad guy,

I had the same thought. Perhaps she brings out her inner Mama Joyce when necessary.  She wasn't having any bullshit from Todd about signing the prenup, so I have no doubt that she can turn it up if need be.

However, Don Juan needs to sit down with his whining. But that's Kandi's fault because that's what happens when you're lax and hire friends. If Kandi is ok with projects falling by the wayside, I highly doubt that she would be too rigid to let Don Juan have a day or two off to attend a family function. Also, welcome to the rest of the world, Don Juan. I'm sure everyone who works had to miss fun moments in life. I thought he was resigning when he came in to talk to her. But I guess he knew that he wouldn't have it as good anywhere else.

Yeah, but I guess it goes to show you how much he loves Kandi. If he's willing to want to see her succeed and elevate her brand, although he gets nothing out of it, financially. That should put the opportunist talk to rest. I mean, shit, if he's willing to deal with Mama Joyce and Riley, that should prove how much he wants to be with her.

Edited by Sheenieb
  • Love 3

Loved Claudia: "So you're just gonna put lotion on your hands and dodge the question, huh?"

Porsha was doing the most with all that "you don't need to know about our relationship, doop doop, woot, woot," when all I heard Claudia ask was "do you think you would ever sit down with Kenya." 

Funny, tonight Nene was snarking Cynthia's reading abilities - I remember a TH not that long ago where she said "oh yes honey, Ms. Cynthia can READ."  These ho's ain't loyal. :)

• Love 15

Porsha should never use her name and the word intelligent in the same sentence. Miss Underground Railroad is one of the dumbest people I've ever seen on reality t.v.

I'm tired of the Kenya slut shaming. It's getting really old and tired and the ladies need to move on from that story. If I was Kenya I would be upset too but not crying like that. After 2 years and still hanging that b.s. over my head is just nauseating. At least Kandi is neutral on most things you know, she doesn't really pick sides. Kandi is the most mature one out of all of them and can admit when she's wrong and apologizes like she did with Kenya today and with Cynthia last season.

What bothers me about Nene is how she just doesn't acknowledge her part in why her and Cynthia are no longer friends. Nene doesn't realize how she comes off and sometimes plays the victim herself. She always thinks she's justified.

FYI Cynthia don't ever say because Claudia is tall and pretty that she's your type of people. That just doesn't bode well.

DonJuan's read about Todd having to use a step stool so they can look at each other was funny.

• Love 13

I think Kandi focuses on1 thing at a time and lets everything else fall to the side and this is why her "team" does that same exact thing. Todd seems to believe that they can do/should do several things at 1 time, he is in for a rude awakening IMO! LOL

Ditto for Don Juan, especially after hearing him whining about having to miss personal stuff for being on Kandi's shows.

I should have known Phaedra would find an excuse not to apologize to Kenya...

• Love 5

Loved Claudia: "So you're just gonna put lotion on your hands and dodge the question, huh?"

And who puts lotion on at the table anyway? That bothered me more than her ignoring the question. Unless that really expensive lotion doesn't leave your hands all greasy. If I tried that I'm sure the water glass - with TWO lemons - would have slipped right out of my hands...

• Love 4

4 for 4. I know many think Ayedan is the greatest kid who ever drew breath, but he's not that cute, he's not that special, and he's not a Housewife or an adult able to make the decision to participate, so I'm going to need Phaedra to make better choices and stop using those children as a shield. For all her talk, she's doing a LOUSY job of shielding them from this stuff and participating in a season heavy with their parents marital problems.

Phaedra has been using the children as a pawn against Apollo.  She is playing the sympathy card of the brave, innocent, betrayed wife, left to fend for her family.  No matter what he did, he is still their father, who seems to love his kids.  This family is dealing with some heavy issues, so yeah, putting them on TV in the middle of all this drama doesn't make for good parenting at all.

Edited by twilightzone
  • Love 10

And who puts lotion on at the table anyway? That bothered me more than her ignoring the question. Unless that really expensive lotion doesn't leave your hands all greasy. If I tried that I'm sure the water glass - with TWO lemons - would have slipped right out of my hands...

Plus Claudia couldn't even smell the lotion. I know I can't stand when someone is applying cosmetics at the table where I'm eating, first I find it a little rude and second, WHY?? WTH are you putting it on for unless you have really dry skin and you need it, that I'll understand other than that leave it in your bag or go to the bathroom. That's what bathrooms are for and why most of the cosmetics goes there.

• Love 6

Phaedra has been using the children as a pawn against Apollo.  She is playing the sympathy card of the brave, innocent, betrayed wife, left to fend for her family.  No matter what he did, he is still their father, who seems to love his kids.  This family is dealing with some heavy issues, so yeah, putting them on TV doesn't make for good parenting at all.
Agree with both of you. Ayden has been shown so much this season, it's kinda obvious. Without Apollo/Kenya, she doesn't really have a story.
  • Love 7

Cynthia, Claudia, and Kenya are boring as fuck. The other ladies were much more entertaining and organic in their interactions. I love how they were shading Porsha for wearing weave when all three had several horses worth on their heads. Have several seats.

I actually like Claudia so far and I think she'd fit right in with the other four. Kenya and Cynthia are zzzzzzzzz. Although I think Porsha was correct, it's not her business what happened with Kenya. But I know, we need these meetings and meddling or there would be no show.

And is this bitch gonna cry in every episode? I know she has nothing else going on but damn.

I'm not sure where I stand with Todd and Don't Juan yet...

• Love 8

I'm happy that Kandi has made herself a ton of money over the years but I really don't care about her various businesses and find it always super boring when they go there.  Todd should not give up his day job and should also never, ever wear that baseball cap again.  It took me several seconds to figure out who was wearing that thing when he talking to Don Juan.  He looked like a little boy.

Kandi ain't going to any other level either, Todd -- Certainly not the White House.  Whatever happened to enjoying what you have and setting realistic expectations? They must both be super frugal because, for all the cash, we never see them doing or organizing anything glamorous and fun.  I suppose I could count their wedding but am not feeling charitable enough.

Porsha's comment about being paid because of her "intellectual mind frame" was the funniest moment of the episode.  Bless. 

Kenya looked genuinely upset over the dumb continuation of the whore saga.  I think it's nasty as hell for Nene to keep this rumor alive but, oh well.  Kenya would be smart to comprehend that not even having ill-advised hook-ups make a woman a prostitute.  Bad choices in the sex and romance department are just that -- and, yeah, such actions can hurt a lot of people and create a lot of chaos.  But none of that makes a person a whore.  Whores tend to get my sympathy as it is.  Compassion, etc -- a foreign concept, I guess.  If she had done all that with Apollo, and I don't believe that she did -- nor have I ever cared -- she would have been guilty of poor judgment and self-destructive impulses.  That's about it. All this hysteria -- on ALL of these ladies' parts -- over this super tired and suburban tale is super duper tired at this point.  

Cynthia, as pretty and photogenic as she is, has the most unattractive voice.  It's too bad -- with some training she might have gone farther.  As soon as she opens her mouth and starts basically squawking the spell is broken. 

Pretty dull chapter. 

Edited by copacabana
  • Love 8

Porsha's comment about being paid because of her "intellectual mind frame" was the funniest moment of the episode. Bless.

Yes, another good one. Made me glad she was never married to Apollo. Could you imagine the conversations around the dinner table?

• Love 11

If Todd wants Kandi's business to go to the next level, they might wanna make it look professional. The pink Hello Kitty type chairs is not doing that office any favors. Plus Todd's office looks like a janitor's office.

Edited by ShadowSixx
  • Love 7

Oh, Phaedra? You yellow, boo. Quack quack. #projectsbootycall #airmattresssex #scoopupatthejailgates.  And stop talking about other people's reads, Cynthia didn't have all season to come up with hers like you did, Morticia.

Apollo told all the business didn't he?  He basically supported all of our suppositions about Phaedra's real interest in him.  I am going to miss him.  He is shady and truthful at the same time.  Its an interesting combination.

I like Kenya, but I am not with the crying.  Its not necessary and I really wouldn't give a damn about what other thirsty people had to say about me.

I am on team Don Juan.  If Kandi has issues with HER staff, then SHE needs to address it.  Todd should not have any role with telling her employees what to do or giving his opinion on what they should be doing.  They really don't handle relationships well.  Why didn't they have a team pitch meeting and get everyone working on those secondary projects that were mentioned?

Don Juan is right about credentials.  Kandi's staff has seemed to serve her well to this point.  Todd has his own accomplishments, but its not like Kandi has been hustling on street corners with her cassette tapes in the trunk of her car.  He has no business judging whether something is tight or not.  My observation of Kandi is that her staff is the way their boss wants them to be and Todd needs to run his own business.

Edited by ToukieSmith
  • Love 11

I think Kenya was more upset about Nene and Porsha's comments, as relayed by Kandi, than Apollo. She was fine until Kandi brought that up.

Kandi hates confrontation, which is why she brought Todd along to be the bad guy. The woman needs to grow a backbone.

• Love 7

Porsha isn't bright but I'm glad she shut Claudia down. Claudia's desperately trying to secure airtime for herself by injecting herself into something that has zero to do with her. Trying to cause drama with others instead of being compelling on your own. That's weak casting. Where's Claudia's home, her life, her husband, her family, her interests, her friends? What a waste.

I need my drama to be organic.

Kenya's crying, Lord have mercy. Proving why she never made it big in Hollywood. The woman can't act. I don't understand why Kenya and her stans don't acknowledge that there are plenty of other reasons why people don't like her other than the Apollo rumor.

• Love 18

Ditto for Don Juan, especially after hearing him whining about having to miss personal stuff for being on Kandi's shows.

I should have known Phaedra would find an excuse not to apologize to Kenya...

I am not surprised that Phaedra does not apologize to Kenya, they should both apologize IMO. I laughed when Kenya told Kandi that she, Kenya, apologizes, I have yet to hear her do that after starting shit. Although, what Apollo said was worse than anything she said.

Phaedra has been using the children as a pawn against Apollo.  She is playing the sympathy card of the brave, innocent, betrayed wife, left to fend for her family.  No matter what he did, he is still their father, who seems to love his kids.  This family is dealing with some heavy issues, so yeah, putting them on TV in the middle of all this drama doesn't make for good parenting at all.

As cute as I think the kids are, I wish these HW's, all of them, would stop using their young/minor children as major parts of their storylines. Several HW's across the HW franchise do this and it always backfires on the kids. That said, Apollo may love his sons but he did not spend much time with them after he Pled Guilty and that is on him, no one else.

Agree with both of you. Ayden has been shown so much this season, it's kinda obvious. Without Apollo/Kenya, she doesn't really have a story.

Apollo, Phaedra and Kenya all have storylines that are dependent on each other and has been that way since Kenya came on the show.

• Love 1

Porsha isn't bright but I'm glad she shut Claudia down. Claudia's desperately trying to secure airtime for herself by injecting herself into something that has zero to do with her. Trying to cause drama with others instead of being compelling on your own. That's weak casting. Where's Claudia's home, her life, her husband, her family, her interests, her friends? What a waste.

I need my drama to be organic.

Kenya's crying, Lord have mercy. Proving why she never made it big in Hollywood. The woman can't act. I don't understand why Kenya and her stans don't acknowledge that there are plenty of other reasons why people don't like her other than the Apollo rumor.

Claudia seems to be following Kenya's HW approach, share almost nothing about your personal life on a "reality" show about your personal life! LOL

I almost choked when she, Kenya, said she apologizes and admits when she did/said something wrong/offensive. When has she ever done that? I guess I missed those scenes.

• Love 2

Ayden, my favorite and tv son, has always been featured on the show. From his birth and bringing him home from the hospital, his Christening, birthday parties, taking him for his first haircut, playing with the other kids in the neighborhood, not wanting to give up his sweet tea at bathtime, saying Grace at dinner, the list goes on and on. He's always been filmed with Phaedra. That little 1 minute clip of him tonight imo is not "using him" for a storyline. It's what was always done.

The show used to be about the lives of women with their families and all of his appearances on the show were about that.

• Love 11

Looks like the increase in Fakedra's airtime is going to be a damn nightmare because she's going to continue on with this "Kenya Moore-Whore" thing that she's been spouting since forever. Unless Fakedra has a camera in Kenya's house mostly her bedroom, she can't really call someone a slut, whore, etc. unless she has valid proof that Kenya is spreading her legs to a lot of men. 

With Porsha, Kenya calls her dumb which Kenya has valid proof that Porsha is an idiot.

• Love 11

Looks like the increase in Fakedra's airtime is going to be a damn nightmare because she's going to continue on with this "Kenya Moore-Whore" thing that she's been spouting since forever. Unless Fakedra has a camera in Kenya's house mostly her bedroom, she can't really call someone a slut, whore, etc. unless she has valid proof that Kenya is spreading her legs to a lot of men.

With Porsha, Kenya calls her dumb which Kenya has valid proof that Porsha is an idiot.

I don't know...I think you have the right to think poorly of the woman who propositions your husband in front of you. Whore in this case doesn't literally mean prostitute, so Kenya needs to get over it. She calls people names all the time. She even called Porsha a hoe without "proof".

• Love 14

None of the ladies is looking that great this season but Nene looks nuts with the finger waves and the leopard lingerie top in her talking heads.

Kandi with the blue eyeshadow snd what looked like blue lipstick, very bad.

And, on the subject of Kandi, vague exhortations about the "the next level" aren't helpful to assistants. You want to have "classes" taught by Kandi, don't they meed some direction from Kandi as to her availability? If she's on the road with a show and so are they, how do these classes come to be? Extremely confusing to me.

Also, what sort of scar does Carmen have on her cheek? Looks like a whip scar.

• Love 2

Yes Kenya did but Kenya isn't continuously calling Porsha a hoe or harping on it the way Fakedra does.

Me personally, I never understand why the wife/girlfriend always gets upset with the other woman? I'm not saying that a wife/gf shouldn't be upset with the other woman, but most of their anger is directed towards the other woman when it should be more directed at the husband/bf for flirting/cheating, etc. The man is the one that owes you his loyalty and to be monogamous. The other woman doesn't owe the wife anything but the other woman does owe herself her dignity and self-respect.

Apollo acts like he doesn't care about Fakedra's feelings cause he's been rather laid back about it and so determined that something went down between him and Kenya. Even his behavior at the reunion last year was just deplorable and tonight with is Kenya going to visit him.

• Love 11

I agree that Kandi is lacking in communication skills. Todd shouldn't have anything to do with reprimanding her staff. He shouldn't have even been in the meeting. Although it was better to listen to Todd than watch Kandi speak through her teeth and butcher the language.

I'm tired of Aiyden and Mr. President. They can stay cute off my teevee. I really don't need to see Riley either. Run back to the shelter Tom!

I loved watching everyone else in the boxing/yoga class stare at Kenya and Kandi not exercising. Set up much? I too am tired of the storyline as it keeps being rewritten. Kenya had her part in the drama too. She's not blameless as she used it to suit her needs when she wanted at the reunion and other times. She is not a good actress, but kudos to her for keeping those lashes on during her cry scene. I agree there are plenty of other reasons not to like her.

Oh and Porscha cannot do the Phaedra avoid move well at all. It was comical with the lotion.

Edited by Forcereals
  • Love 1

On tonight's episode, more than any other, I got a glimpse of what I think is Apollo really having a crush on Kenya. I think he has had one since she first appeared on the show. Which is why he ran with the texting story and kept embellishing. He wished all of it were true, but it wasn't. Then, telling Peter he wondered if Kenya would come and visit him... I really think he has had the hots for her all along, she didn't run off with him like he wished, and YES I agree that Phaedra should have been taking out her anger on him, not Kenya. But that's just me. If I ever found out a man I was with was flirting with another woman, he'd be looking for a new ass because I'd make sure he didn't have one afterward.

• Love 21

I am on team Don Juan.  If Kandi has issues with HER staff, then SHE needs to address it.  Todd should not have any role with telling her employees what to do or giving his opinion on what they should be doing.  They really don't handle relationships well.  Why didn't they have a team pitch meeting and get everyone working on those secondary projects that were mentioned?

Kandi is a punk, though. She probably had the same thoughts Todd had about her staff for a long time, was too scared to say anything, and that's where Todd came in. She uses him when she has to play good cop/bad cop. If she were ok with how things were going professionally, then that should've been her opportunity to tell Todd to pump his brakes. Let him know that that's how her team operates, and although it looks disorganized to him, it's how they conduct business, and leave it as that.

As for the pitch meeting, I think that was Todd's point. Kandi has to tighten the reins and focus on getting her projects done. Prioritize what's most important and go from there.

• Love 2

Apollo wondering if Kenya will come visit him. No, you're going to have to make sure Peter sends you the magazines he promised.

I was too busy trying  to parse Peter's statement about never being in jail for more than 24 hours at a time.

Did I hear Apollo ask if Peter thought Kenya would be visiting him in prison?

Kandi with the blue eyeshadow and what looked like blue lipstick, very bad.

I found it amusing that Kenya's hat and lipstick were the exact same color when she was at the boutique with Cynthia.

• Love 1

I find it odd that Todd is so emotionally invested in Kandi's business and career interests but puts her wishes for having more children on hold when she has been clear that is what she wants in her marriage.

I  laughed when Don went over his quite impressive accomplishments with Kandi over the past 20 years and then asked about Todd's resume.  THAT was a read.

Edited by SpringTulips
  • Love 2

Well it looks like Apollo is more obsessed with Kenya, then she ever was with him. I just find it funny that Apollo gave up all Phaedra's tea. 

I cannot and I have never been able to stand Phaedra (the everlasting liar), Nene (mean and spiteful witch--who must be paying many people off to land these roles) and Porsha (I hate dumb people), so that spa scene was torture to me. What I did wonder during that time, however, is why Kandi was being the crap stirrer? It was almost as if the producers were feeding her the questions to ask. She knows that all of those petty witches in that room don't mess with Cynthia or Kenya, so why ask the questions?

Kenya being all upset over Nene and Porsha maintaining the nonsense, I understand her being upset and the bravado finally broke...but like she said later, F them and move on. 

Lastly Don Juan, boy did I LOVE the way that neck starting rolling with Todd. That was the highlight of the ENTIRE episode. 

Edited by venusnv80
  • Love 6

Yes Kenya did but Kenya isn't continuously calling Porsha a hoe or harping on it the way Fakedra does.

Me personally, I never understand why the wife/girlfriend always gets upset with the other woman? I'm not saying that a wife/gf shouldn't be upset with the other woman, but most of their anger is directed towards the other woman when it should be more directed at the husband/bf for flirting/cheating, etc. The man is the one that owes you his loyalty and to be monogamous. The other woman doesn't owe the wife anything but the other woman does owe herself her dignity and self-respect.

Apollo acts like he doesn't care about Fakedra's feelings cause he's been rather laid back about it and so determined that something went down between him and Kenya. Even his behavior at the reunion last year was just deplorable and tonight with is Kenya going to visit him.

It seems pretty clear to me that Phaedra was upset with both of them. We heard some of her anger at Apollo last season and I can only imagine what she said when the mics weren't on.

• Love 6

Kandi is a punk, though. She probably had the same thoughts Todd had about her staff for a long time, was too scared to say anything, and that's where Todd came in. She uses him when she has to play good cop/bad cop. If she were ok with how things were going professionally, then that should've been her opportunity to tell Todd to pump his brakes. Let him know that that's how her team operates, and although it looks disorganized to him, it's how they conduct business, and leave it as that.

I think she was fine with her staff until Todd started pumping her up regarding what they should be doing, forgetting that they were doing what she wanted them to do.

I hear what you are saying.  Kandi is too weak to refocus her staff so she got Todd to do her dirty work.  I think Don Juan knows this (how Kandi is) which is why he was upset in the first place.  He has been managing the circus that is Kandi and its hard work to pull it off.  He doesn't need Todd coming along and making suggestions that aren't helpful (that cause more work).

Edited by ToukieSmith
  • Love 1

Phaedra had told Apollo to stay away from Kenya, they talked about it in Mexico last season. I think she is smart enough to know that he had the hot's for Kenya right off the bat and warned him to stop but Apollo is a dog. IMO, Kenya also knew that Apollo had the hot's for her as well and ran with it as her storyline after Walter humiliated her by revealing their "arrangement" (which I believe him) everywhere he could. Kenya needed something to take everyone's interest of that story and Apollo/Phaedra were the quickest way.

• Love 3

Kandi ain't going to any other level either, Todd -- Certainly not the White House.

I about fell out when Todd was talking about having a black President and Kandi not being invited to the White House and Don Juan said (incredulously) "She sells sex toys!"

I don't understand why Kenya and her stans don't acknowledge that there are plenty of other reasons why people don't like her other than the Apollo rumor.

Probably for the same reasons Phaedra and her "stans" don't acknowledge they dislike her for reasons that have zero to do with anything she's allegedly done on the show. FWIW I don't consider myself a "stan" of any of them, but I can't stand a gang-up especially over some bullshit. I wasn't even all that hot on Kenya but felt obligated to push back on some of the stuff that was being said because of it.

Ayden, my favorite and tv son, has always been featured on the show. From his birth and bringing him home from the hospital, his Christening, birthday parties, taking him for his first haircut, playing with the other kids in the neighborhood, not wanting to give up his sweet tea at bathtime, saying Grace at dinner, the list goes on and on. He's always been filmed with Phaedra. That little 1 minute clip of him tonight imo is not "using him" for a storyline. It's what was always done.

He was a passive participant in all but 3 or 4 of those occasions and all of that occurred over five or six seasons; my issue is all the Ayden & Dylan action over the last four episodes (aka all this season.) Yes, some of us notice, and IMO it's absolutely and transparently all about the poor mother storyline. I'm not mad at him, he speaks clearly and has a good vocabulary for his age and I'm sure his looks will get attention for the same reason his father's does. But if you aren't more special than my own kids were at that age, I'm not that impressed. I'm horrible like that.

I'm tired of Aiyden and Mr. President. They can stay cute off my teevee. I really don't need to see Riley either. Run back to the shelter Tom!

LMAO. I don't think we need to worry, though. The only dogs Shady Phae takes home come out of jail cells, not kennels.

• Love 6