Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E04: Bury The Ratchet

• Start Topic

Probably for the same reasons Phaedra and her "stans" don't acknowledge they dislike her for reasons that have zero to do with anything she's allegedly done on the show. FWIW I don't consider myself a "stan" of any of them, but I can't stand a gang-up especially over some bullshit. I wasn't even all that hot on Kenya but felt obligated to push back on some of the stuff that was being said because of it.

Exactly, I'm still waiting for them to use another reason...and there are plenty of them and I like Kenya.

Edited by cooksdelight
  • Love 3

Miss Preacher daughter, lawyer, genteel lady and Southern belle heading to the hood at 3 am, groping and sexing on an air mattress, rubbing feet and ignoring ankle monitor. True Apollo is a sociopathic liar, but if that was true it would be the best story ever. I was rolling.

I can see why Porscha's marriage lasted a year. She is like a annoying snippy 13 year old or annoying yappy dog. She is truly clueless and classless.

Hands down best story was Claudia's Boomerang toes!!

• Love 17

It seems pretty clear to me that Phaedra was upset with both of them. We heard some of her anger at Apollo last season and I can only imagine what she said when the mics weren't on.

A lot of people have said this, esp. last season after the way Apollo degraded Phaedra, but I don't think this is the case. I don't think she raises her voice or gives him a piece of her mind at all. I think their marriage is - and always has been - fake. It's more like an arrangement, where Phaedra got a huzzbin, a sperm donor, and an entree into reality TV as a perfect southern belle (her words, not mine), and Apollo got access to Easy Street. But they're a mis-match who seemingly never talk to each other. In fact, I don't think they even lived together. Think about all of the scenes when it's just the two of them talking -- they act like strangers. Or they know the deal. What does she have to yell at him about if he's just playing his part? That's why I think she says nothing to him, and the two semi-strangers continue to do their own thing.

• Love 2

Todd vs. Don Juan:

Todd should not have been there; however, if Kandi felt things were running to her satisfaction she wouldn't have brought it up. It doesn't matter if Todd is right, wrong, Womp Womp Womp ....Don Juan should have enough sense to know you can't read, shade or run up on the boss' family...you will lose every time.

Claudia vs Porsha:

Claudia has only been on 3 episodes. We don't know much about Claudia's life etc. because she's only been on 3 episodes (2.5 to be exact). What we've seen is Claudia moving to a new place for a job & one of her co-workers shading her (outside of RHOA) for no apparent reason & she has the right to get down to the bottom of it. Porsha was rude. I don't expect us to learn that much about Claudia this season because they decided to make her a housewife and boot Porsha at the last minute. Claudia was supposed to just be a friend of this season.

• Love 3

Loved Claudia: "So you're just gonna put lotion on your hands and dodge the question, huh?"

Porsha was doing the most with all that "you don't need to know about our relationship, doop doop, woot, woot," when all I heard Claudia ask was "do you think you would ever sit down with Kenya." 

Funny, tonight Nene was snarking Cynthia's reading abilities - I remember a TH not that long ago where she said "oh yes honey, Ms. Cynthia can READ."  These ho's ain't loyal. :)

Been hummin' that Chris Brown tune all night ....

• Love 1
I loved watching everyone else in the boxing/yoga class stare at Kenya and Kandi not exercising. Set up much?

And then magically they seemed to all disappear, without the conversation really missing a beat.

I could've done without the scene with the four jackasses in the spa who couldn't find anything much to talk about except the same shit we've been hearing for years.  You can't talk about Zumanity and all your other projects (wasn't there a clothing line?), or the radio show you're intellectuality netted you, or how you plan to take your sex toy line to the White House?

They need Kenya.  She gives them something in common to make their scenes feel organic.  She gives them something to do on a reality show without really getting too deep into their own lives.  They should send her a frickin' thank you card.  If she really wants to win she needs to leave and let us watch them devour each other (and, y'know, not tweet as it happens).

Also, if Nene wants to talk about the negativity on this show she should watch that scene back.  The entire point was outlining who hates who and why.  She was not above it; she was an active, engaged contributor.

Right now I'm wishing this were more like BH where they're all repeatedly meeting and pledging to move forward.  It's absurd, but this is...annoying.

I think Porsha believes this little world is real and she's a fabulous in-demand Star because of how awesome and special she is.  I want so badly to see someone yank her into reality.  I'm not sure it would do much good, but it'd be fun to watch.  She's quickly become my least favorite reality show character in a long time, and I watch some bad shows with some awful people.

• Love 12

I like Claudia already solely based on the super trailer that showed her pissing Nene off. I normally despise HoWives that are only brought on to troll the established ladies but in this case, go ahead girl. Aggravate these bitches all you want, they will not hesitate to do that to you.

Porsha and her "robot read" comment, saying Cynthia only parroted what Peter told her to. And you...do what exactly, Porsha? Spew everything Nene feeds you? Lord knows you do not have the "intellectual capability" to come up with anything yourself. I always remember her new besties Phaedra, Kandi, and Nene snickering during the reunion when Kenya asked her to spell scepter. Even they think Porsha's dumb, but it's convenient to have her as a lackey so they let her sit at the cool kids table.

Apollo with his wide eyed, hopeful "Do you think she'll come visit me?" He's mentally 13.

• Love 6

and YES I agree that Phaedra should have been taking out her anger on him, not Kenya.

It looks to me that Phaedra is pretty much taking it out on Apollo.  She didn't go to court with him and is basically freezing him out of her life.  Before, she was being told by Apollo that Kenya was propositioning him plus she saw all of the episodes with Kenya going on and on about how "foin" Apollo is in her talking heads.  Why would she be mad at Apollo at that point?  She didn't know he was lying then.  It's not like she caught Apollo and Kenya cheating and went after Kenya and ignored Apollo.  I don't think this is that kind of situation.  Without knowing that Apollo lied, I think Phaedra had every right to be mad at Kenya.

Kandi is like a little gnat, flitting from camp to camp starting shit!  She is so run-tell-dat this season.  How did she expect Kenya to respond when she told her what Nene said?  That's the problem I have always had with Kandi.  She's a lot like Cynthia in that they both like to keep stirring shit while trying to make themselves look innocent and "above it all".  All her bullshit about "don't start none/won't be none" is just that!   Bullshit!!!

Edited by swankie
  • Love 8

It looks to me that Phaedra is pretty much taking it out on Apollo.  She didn't go to court with him and is basically freezing him out of her life.  Before, she was being told by Apollo that Kenya was propositioning him plus she saw all of the episodes with Kenya going on and on about how "foin" Apollo is in her talking heads.  Why would she be mad at Apollo at that point?  She didn't know he was lying then.  It's not like she caught Apollo and Kenya cheating and went after Kenya and ignored Apollo.  I don't think this is that kind of situation.  Without knowing that Apollo lied, I think Phaedra had every right to be mad at Kenya.

Kandi is like a little gnat, flitting from camp to camp starting shit!  She is so run-tell-dat this season.  How did she expect Kenya to respond when she told her what Nene said?  That's the problem I have always had with Kandi.  She's a lot like Cynthia in that they both like to keep stirring shit while trying to make themselves look innocent and "above it all".  All her bullshit about "don't start none/won't be none" is just that!   Bullshit!!!

Kandi did to Kenya just like Cynthia did to her, Sheere and Phaedra by running to Nene/Marlo in Africa! They play the "sweet no team" HW but really they are the biggest pot stirrers! LOL

• Love 1

After watching the high level business meetings surrounding Kandi's brand I am left with the conclusion maybe just maybe there is enough Kandi out there.  Kandi did an album (that bombed), the brief tour with Kim Zolciak, a play she dropped a half million on that was picked up and cancelled all within a week, her sex toys are doing great  and I have no idea why she should mentor or teach music writing or why she would have the time.  IIRC Kandi had a show on Bravo about her mentoring and it was cancelled.  I think Kandi is pleasant enough, mostly genuine but I don't see her as a high profile personality.  What works against her is her mother, her diva-ish daughter and a marriage that seems to be a little bland.  She got the wedding special so I guess the wedding has paid for itself.  This group that works for Kandi seems to jump from project to the next according to Kandi's Bravo opportunities to pick up some extra dough.  Maybe Todd should be focusing on his career and let Kandi and Don Juan run Kandi Inc.

• Love 7

Whatever Nene.  She is so unwilling to admit that she might have made a mistake that she is going to talk about Apollo lying about lying.  Whatever.  It doesn't even surprise me, because each and every one of those girls was on notice that Apollo lied after Kenya cornered him in Mexico and got him to basically admit to it.  

I think it completely sucks that even after Apollo admitted to lying, somehow Kenya is still a whore.  And I'm going to need for Phaedra to stop trying to nod her head. I think she has known for a while that Apollo lied about Kenya offering him so much as a stick of gum, but she went all over Atlanta lying about it to distract people from the fact that her marriage was a mess, her husband barely likes her, and she is probably involved in his "business" dealings.  In one segment Phaedra says that she owes Kenya an apology, and in the next she is nodding her head in agreement that Apollo "lied about lying."  That doesn't even make any sense.  

• Love 13

Yes Porscha, clearly Dish Nation hired you for your intellectual capabilities. Uh huh.

I'm sorry. Todd just seemed silly talking about the team needs to be doing more to uplift Kandi and her business. Everybody knows he's walking away from Kandi with bupkis. He don't have a dog in that fight at all. Husband or not, her businesses mean nothing to him.

She called it something else, like her mental capacity or something even more ridiculous and hilarious in light of the fact that she seems to think she is intelligent.

That whole talk with Kandi's team went down wrong to me.  I wouldn't find anything motivating about my boss's husband coming in to basically chastise me.  There was nothing really positive or even collaborative about the talk.  It was just some guy who hasn't been involved in Kandi's business all that long telling everyone that they need to do their job.  I thought it was telling when Don Juan was like "okay, why don't you tell me whats on Todd's resume....I'll wait"  

I think if they want their marriage to work, Kandi needs to let her team work on her business because that has been successful.  And a guy who has helped make you millions, and is willing to miss his mothers birthday for you is not to be taken lightly.  

And Todd needs to work on his own business.  I think Kandi wants Todd involved in her business so that she always has a hold over him and he can never leave because he won't have any other business prospects.  He needs to focus on his work, even if it takes him out of town, he needs to, for his own sake, have his own career separate from Kandi.

• Love 6

Yes, another good one. Made me glad she was never married to Apollo. Could you imagine the conversations around the dinner table?

Hell, can you imagine the two of them trying to figure out the concept of stairs?

Looks like the increase in Fakedra's airtime is going to be a damn nightmare because she's going to continue on with this "Kenya Moore-Whore" thing that she's been spouting since forever. Unless Fakedra has a camera in Kenya's house mostly her bedroom, she can't really call someone a slut, whore, etc. unless she has valid proof that Kenya is spreading her legs to a lot of men. 

With Porsha, Kenya calls her dumb which Kenya has valid proof that Porsha is an idiot.

And Phaedra can really miss me with all that judgmental whore talk considering she pretty much picked up on a convict fresh out of jail and was having sex with him on an air mattress....and then decided to have two children with him.  And according to Nene, its Phaedra who has the reputation as being a whore, so she can also stop anytime now.

I don't know...I think you have the right to think poorly of the woman who propositions your husband in front of you. Whore in this case doesn't literally mean prostitute, so Kenya needs to get over it. She calls people names all the time. She even called Porsha a hoe without "proof".

I'm still unclear as to when Kenya directly propositioned Apollo in front of Phaedra.  As best I can understand, Kenya asked a very pot-stirring, Kenya-esque type question about whether or not Phaedra would allow a threesome in her marriage.  As far as I remember Kenya never put herself up for the position as the third in the threesome.  

• Love 14

A lot of people have said this, esp. last season after the way Apollo degraded Phaedra, but I don't think this is the case. I don't think she raises her voice or gives him a piece of her mind at all. I think their marriage is - and always has been - fake. It's more like an arrangement, where Phaedra got a huzzbin, a sperm donor, and an entree into reality TV as a perfect southern belle (her words, not mine), and Apollo got access to Easy Street. But they're a mis-match who seemingly never talk to each other. In fact, I don't think they even lived together. Think about all of the scenes when it's just the two of them talking -- they act like strangers. Or they know the deal. What does she have to yell at him about if he's just playing his part? That's why I think she says nothing to him, and the two semi-strangers continue to do their own thing.

I recall last season, I think, in which we briefly heard them shouting behind closed doors and at the last season's reunion, there was "lost footage" of them bickering as they returned to their hotel room in the lobby.
  • Love 2

Kandi with the blue eyeshadow snd what looked like blue lipstick, very bad.

And, on the subject of Kandi, vague exhortations about the "the next level" aren't helpful to assistants. You want to have "classes" taught by Kandi, don't they meed some direction from Kandi as to her availability? If she's on the road with a show and so are they, how do these classes come to be? Extremely confusing to me.

Also, what sort of scar does Carmen have on her cheek? Looks like a whip scar.

I was thinking about the whole music class thing, did Kandi say she would be teaching or have guest teachers?  Hard to create a program is the main player is vague so I call BS on Kandi being disappointed with the lack of action.  BTW, who ever decorated Kandi's house must have done her office as well, yikes. 

Todd with his baseball had on askew, ugh, hard to be taken seriously like that. 

Carmen's scar...I thought it was where MJ cut her.

So Kenya described Claudia as a tomboy, I do not see it, the glamour girl in the talking heads and the shoes and clothes so far does not give me a tomboy vibe.  It was a hoot watching Porsha preen in the mirror while Claudia was trying to talk to her and then the whole lotion scene with Porsha evading a question, Claudia needs to get a clue and move on.

Is Apollo nuts? His concerns about having all the trappings of a player when he gets out of jail are crazy, first off, that is what got him an invitation back to the big house (with bars) and secondly, shouldn't he be more concerned about reconnecting and building a relationship with his kids and setting a good example?

If I hear, "at the end of the day" one more time it will be my new drinking game, RHONJ, BH, OC are all included in that too.

• Love 4

I think that all the women, or most of the women have insulted and shaded each other throughout the seasons. I think its another thing entirely to lie about someone sleeping with someone else's husband.  And I think Phaedra knew that Apollo lied about Kenya offering him oral sex, because she claimed to have seen the text messages that were never sent.  It seems like she is mostly frustrated about being painted with a scarlet letter when she didn't actually do what she was being accused of doing.  And this is even after Apollo admitted to lying about it.  And honestly, I think they all should have been on notice that Apollo had very likely lied after the footage from Mexico.

I think if I were in Kenya's position I would be frustrated.  He admitted to lying about it, but people still are accusing her.  When he was telling people she offered him sex, he was the most believable guy in the room, and now that he tells people she didn't offer him sex he is a big fat liar.  It just seems like they are on a mission to believe the worst about her, no matter what.

Edited by RealityGal
  • Love 13

If I hear, "at the end of the day" one more time it will be my new drinking game

OMG! Kandi is the biggest abuser too! I said that to my man last night.

Nene said exactly what several posters in last week's episode said regarding Apollo admitting to lying to embarrass Phaedra. And it's real interesting that folks call him the lying liar who lies and yet believed his story about Phaedra calling him and screwing him on an air mattress with an ankle bracelet on. Apollo can really miss me with trying to smear his wife on TV - yet he wants to be able to use her money so that he's living comfortably after he gets out. Puh-lease.

I wasn't on any side per se between Don Juan and Todd but I was really disgusted at the shade thrown and the language used. I maybe would have sided with Don Juan had he not gotten so defensive and was instead a bit more professional. But this is Kandi's business we're talking about. I'm expecting too much.

• Love 8
I think if I were in Kenya's position I would be frustrated.  He admitted to lying about it, but people still are accusing her.  When he was telling people she offered him sex, he was the most believable guy in the room, and now that he tells people she didn't offer him sex he is a big fat liar.  It just seems like they are on a mission to believe the worst about her, no matter what.

I agree. We're talking about Apollo here. He's going to prison for being a lying, scheming, shady bastard. Yet they all believed him back then, and think he's lying now? I really believe several of them are just invested in believing this about Kenya, so it doesn't matter what Apollo says. FTR, I don't think Kenya did herself any favors. She was very flirtatious with Apollo in front of everyone, including his wife. So I could see how people might believe that she would take it one step further. But after all this time, she stays staunch in her denial, there is zero proof, and now Apollo admits he's lying - that's not good enough? 

• Love 8

Kandi IMO is the perfect passive aggresive person but she will pay for it in the future

Kandi didn't need Todd at that meeting; it was not Todd's place to say a word to her team unless she has oficially given him a postion in her company.

Kandi needed to take the bull by the horns and talk to her team about her concerns.

This is just going to come back to bite her in the behind when they divorce (and they probably will) and then Todd gets to claim that he helped her build her empire just because he added his two cents in a meeting.

• Love 8

I agree. We're talking about Apollo here. He's going to prison for being a lying, scheming, shady bastard. Yet they all believed him back then, and think he's lying now? I really believe several of them are just invested in believing this about Kenya, so it doesn't matter what Apollo says. FTR, I don't think Kenya did herself any favors. She was very flirtatious with Apollo in front of everyone, including his wife. So I could see how people might believe that she would take it one step further. But after all this time, she stays staunch in her denial, there is zero proof, and now Apollo admits he's lying - that's not good enough? 

I never believed that there was anything between Kenya and Apollo but this "revelation" doesn't change one bit the reasons why I dislike Kenya.

I started to dislike her when I found out that she had hired a guy to play her boyfriend and then somehow down the road she had managed to convinced herself that thIs was for real and wanted to wrap it up with some nonsense eloping of sorts, completely nuts.

Then last season she tried to sell the story of an alleged african prince that nobody ever saw and she kept up this lie for the whole season, if Kenya has any kind of man she would drag him, pose with him, instagram him, etc to death, the fact that there is not one person who has ever been named her african prince just tells me that this is another of her carefully crafted lies.

Kenya has made the decision to showcase her life on a reality tv show but her life is full of lies and fairytales. Fairytales that she expects nobody asks about or question. 

Apollo is a liar who lies but in the lying and carrying on with the lie Kenya is not too far behind. IMO

• Love 11

lovetowrite73 -- At the end of the day, which became a thing after 9/11 as best I can recall, is one of my pet peeves!  It makes me crazy.  Cynthia uses and abuses it all the time.  It's like "you know" which she also abuses.  I'd be nervous and tongue-tied in front of cameras too but Nene and Phaedra, grammatical errors aside, at least know how to be reasonably articulate and amusing with the language. 

At the end of which day, woman?  On top of which, there is never end to the pettiness of these gals' days -- producer mandated or not. Their lack of insight and charity just keeps on rolling. I enjoy Phaedra but, as far as tropes go, Apollo pretty much branded his own wife the real sex-craved, can't get enough booty call babe.  Whatever.  The day Bravo stops trying to take women back a few centuries in terms of sex morality will be a good day.  It's not even slut shaming anymore -- it's straight up sneaky woman-hating, Cohen style. 

As for Kenya and blowgate, and the rest of the women and the same, they will keep on running this stupid thing into the ground for the rest of the season, I'm sure. With the exception of Kandi and possibly Nene, the rest of these women are too pressed for cash to show us anything swell Atlanta-style.  Phaedra sure isn't going to be flaunting any kind of cash this time around or possibly ever again.  So this stupid whore saga it is.  When did people start hating each other so much that throwing stones over sexual indiscretions, real or imagined, became their go-to convo?  At the end of the day, all these bitches need to sit down in front of The Bridges of Madison County and get on with it.  Not that ANY of them is living a love thing as throbbing and sexy as that adulterous tale.  Not a single one of the hooked up ladies has a relationship that looks healthy and exciting.  

This franchise more than any other seems to suffer from they could be anywhere syndrome.  Generic eateries and boutiques, too many spa dates, radio stations and recording studies that could be anywhere -- We get NO feel at all for the historic city of Atlanta!  It feels like the city itself has shut itself off from these cameras.

Portia has become the Teresa Giudice of Atlanta.  Her dumb routine at least makes for some laughs.  The cold shoulder to Claudia during make-up application and her ability to crank out those awful A Mother's Love songs Kandi came up with tell me she could find her way into some Tyler Perry vehicles.  She's got the looks and some basic talent in front of the camera.  

Todd should be helping Kandi out on the Atlanta real-estate side of things inside of being given script instructions on interfering with her business.  Hope he's doing just that.  

• Love 2
Kenya's little act of the wounded dove who can't understand why the other women are so mean to her and why they are picking on her is just a pathetic attempt to be perceived as the victim because being the victim or portraying herself as the victim always pays off, ask Teresa Guidice or Lisa Vanderpump about it.  Well, Ms. Kenya, I am not buying it, nope, not one bit.

I started laughing when Kenya pushed the camera away; LOL, such a drama queen move, but she's not a good enough actress for me to care.  I think it was foul of Apollo to lie on her, but I am certain that people have said worse things about her through the years, hopefully she didn't act like that.

Cynthia, don't talk about anybody else's weave when she had that blonde yak on top of her head last week.  I can't respect Cynthia because if she truly had a backbone, she'd tell Peter to take a hike.  I think Cynthia knows he's bad news but she doesn't want to prove her mother and sister right, so she's going to stay married to the man, even if he robs her blind.

• Love 7

OMG! Kandi is the biggest abuser too! I said that to my man last night.

Nene said exactly what several posters in last week's episode said regarding Apollo admitting to lying to embarrass Phaedra. And it's real interesting that folks call him the lying liar who lies and yet believed his story about Phaedra calling him and screwing him on an air mattress with an ankle bracelet on. Apollo can really miss me with trying to smear his wife on TV - yet he wants to be able to use her money so that he's living comfortably after he gets out. Puh-lease.

I wasn't on any side per se between Don Juan and Todd but I was really disgusted at the shade thrown and the language used. I maybe would have sided with Don Juan had he not gotten so defensive and was instead a bit more professional. But this is Kandi's business we're talking about. I'm expecting too much.

ITA. This is what I don't understand, how can anyone believe Apollo and what he said about Phaedra after he admitted lying about Kenya? This is a guy that told a nasty lie about her, Kenya, just because she ticked him off at a reunion filming yet some have no problems believing what he says about his wife, someone that he is furious at! LOL Double standards I guess. LOL

• Love 3

I think that all the women, or most of the women have insulted and shaded each other throughout the seasons. I think its another thing entirely to lie about someone sleeping with someone else's husband.  And I think Phaedra knew that Apollo lied about Kenya offering him oral sex, because she claimed to have seen the text messages that were never sent.  It seems like she is mostly frustrated about being painted with a scarlet letter when she didn't actually do what she was being accused of doing.  And this is even after Apollo admitted to lying about it.  And honestly, I think they all should have been on notice that Apollo had very likely lied after the footage from Mexico.

I think if I were in Kenya's position I would be frustrated.  He admitted to lying about it, but people still are accusing her.  When he was telling people she offered him sex, he was the most believable guy in the room, and now that he tells people she didn't offer him sex he is a big fat liar.  It just seems like they are on a mission to believe the worst about her, no matter what.

Just think about how frustrated Walter must have felt when Kenya kept labeling gay , so frustrated that he decided to reveal the details of their arraigment. All he has to do was to pretend to be her BF and get all the exposure for his business that probably was promised to him, yet the nature of Kenya's crazy demands about proposing and marrying that probably were not on the initial agreement, made him throw the towel.

The difference here is that Azpollo wanted to get back at his wife so badly that he decided to fess up and apologize to Kenya, as far as Kenya telling the truth about Walter, it will never happen. It will not happen because Kenya is the kind of liar who lies so much that she has already convinced herself that her truth is the only truth. Exactly the same as with her African prince. I would have more respect for her if she just declares that she doesn't need a man to be happy and that she is perfectly fine by being single instead of these made up partners that only tells me that Kenya will go to great lenghts to keep a lie going, nobody is going to get in the way of her fabricated lie, not even an uncooperative guy.  

If she can't hire them, she will make them up.

• Love 10

Oh Kenya, Kenya, Kenya ...... what to say, what to say

I liked Kenya at the beginning because in this sea of English butchers she was a glaring example that a good education and good diction and grammar always look good.

Looking back at the past seasons I have seen and heard Kenya comment about her castmates looks, intelligence, manners, marriages, money, businesses, careers, nothing has ever been out of bounds for Ms. Kenya, she has never been short of adjectives for them, so why is she so surprised when they are not short of adjectives for her? That to me is glaring hypocrisy

Kenya called Porsha a HO way back , did Porsha made a two year deal out of it? No, she didn't.

Kenya invaded Nene's physical space when she pulled her earring and insulted her when she called her a moose, if Nene would have barely blow too hard in her direction Kenya would have thrown herself to the floor, she would have twitched like a piece of bacon, would have called the paramedics, filed assault charges and on top would have chastised Nene for calling her names regarding her physicality because "women do not do that".

Kenya in last episode jokingly called Kandi getto, and then laughed it off, great. But if the shoe was on the other foot and it was Kandi who made that "joke", Kenya would had been up in arms accusing Kandi of stereotyping her and giving us a tearful recount of how hurt she is that these women keep labeling her, yet she has no problems labeling them.

I don't believe that Kenya wanted to have sex or was even interested in Apollo, I do believe that she wanted to hurt Phaedra and that is why she flirted with him so shamelessly, she probably wasn't expecting that he was going to up the game but that is what happens when you play with fire. This is what happens when someone decided to carve herself a spot of the RHOA by purposedly and willingly messing with everyone and ruffling their feathers just to generate enough controversy to get herself a peach.

Kenya and her tears from last episode didn't moved me one bit, she called Porsha a HO and never thought for one second about making that accusation about a married women, she flirted and insinuated herself with an ex-con just to get back at his wife, she decided to pick up a fight with Nene for no reason but to create controversy and invaded her physical space, she has insulted Kandi many times, this is not the first one, she treatened a pregnant woman with violence, she continues to insult Cynthia by labeling a mindless follower, all in all these women have very valid reasons not to like her or want to be around her except that they have to film together, the Apollo sage is just the visible one but I have no doubt that there are strong undercurrents going on.

Kenya's little act of the wounded dove who can't understand why the other women are so mean to her and why they are picking on her is just a pathetic attempt to be perceived as the victim because being the victim or portraying herself as the victim always pays off, ask Teresa Guidice or Lisa Vanderpump about it. Well, Ms. Kenya, I am not buying it, nope, not one bit.

Yes, read, honey! You nailed it.

Eta: Your second post nailed it as well.

I also agree that Apollo could be lying about Phaedra now to get back at her.

Edited by ridethemaverick
  • Love 1

Just think about how frustrated Walter must have felt when Kenya kept labeling gay , so frustrated that he decided to reveal the details of their arraigment. All he has to do was to pretend to be her BF and get all the exposure for his business that probably was promised to him, yet the nature of Kenya's crazy demands about proposing and marrying that probably were not on the initial agreement, made him throw the towel.

The difference here is that Azpollo wanted to get back at his wife so badly that he decided to fess up and apologize to Kenya, as far as Kenya telling the truth about Walter, it will never happen. It will not happen because Kenya is the kind of liar who lies so much that she has already convinced herself that her truth is the only truth. Exactly the same as with her African prince. I would have more respect for her if she just declares that she doesn't need a man to be happy and that she is perfectly fine by being single instead of these made up partners that only tells me that Kenya will go to great lenghts to keep a lie going, nobody is going to get in the way of her fabricated lie, not even an uncooperative guy.  

I don't think the Walter situation is comparable.  It might be if she claimed she saw him having sex with another man.  But she never has, Apollo claimed that something happened that simply didn't happen.  

Todd with his baseball had on askew, ugh, hard to be taken seriously like that.

Hah! He looked about 10 years old, sitting on a telephone book, in a janitor's closet that he converted into an office. I don't know how Don Juan didn't bust a gut laughing at that Yankees cap just hovering.

• Love 5

Azpollo, OMG, I am LMAO, that is the perfect name for him.

That scumbag is only thinking about his revenge against his wife and telling all kind of things whether they are true or not it is nobody's business. It is sad that not for one second he is thinking that this woman is the mother of his children. Azpollo doesn't care about anybody else but him.

Hopefully Phaedra has learned a very costly lesson, you can put lipstick on a pig but it is still a pig.

• Love 3

I had the same thought. Perhaps she brings out her inner Mama Joyce when necessary.  She wasn't having any bullshit from Todd about signing the prenup, so I have no doubt that she can turn it up if need be.

However, Don Juan needs to sit down with his whining. But that's Kandi's fault because that's what happens when you're lax and hire friends. If Kandi is ok with projects falling by the wayside, I highly doubt that she would be too rigid to let Don Juan have a day or two off to attend a family function. Also, welcome to the rest of the world, Don Juan. I'm sure everyone who works had to miss fun moments in life. I thought he was resigning when he came in to talk to her. But I guess he knew that he wouldn't have it as good anywhere else.

Yeah, but I guess it goes to show you how much he loves Kandi. If he's willing to want to see her succeed and elevate her brand, although he gets nothing out of it, financially. That should put the opportunist talk to rest. I mean, shit, if he's willing to deal with Mama Joyce and Riley, that should prove how much he wants to be with her.

2nd your comment about Don Juan. People work their asses off and give up a lot for jobs that pay way less than this guy is making.

I like Todd and agree with him on many issues he's addressed. That said, he still benefits from Kandi making more money while they are married. Unless I'm completely mistaken, the prenup comes into play if and when they divorce. As long as they're together, Kandi's money is Todd's money and vice versa.

For some people nothing Phaedra does or says will be okay so I'll shake my pom poms for TeamPhaedra alone. Having to apologize to Kenya will be difficult because Kenya won't be gracious and will never own the part she played. She implied that she and Apollo were fooling around and was read for filth for it. How would Kenya respond to a woman flirting with her man in front of an audience? 

Yes Apollo, in the beginning when it was all about bouncing on the good-good and feeling your muscles everything was cool and nobody cared about an air mattress, but now you got the Feds all up in her business! No mofo of course she's not standing by your ignorant ass. You broke the law and jeopardized EVERYTHING! She could have been disbarred!

I love Porsha shutting Claudia down. Lol Porsha is not here to give you a storyline Claudia--mind your beeswax bitch.

Everything Todd said to Don Juan was true. Why is Kandi so local? She's an incredibly talented songwriter why isn't she on everyone's speed dial to get a hit. Why hasn't she written anything for Beyonce? Taylor Swift? Jhene Aiko? Are they still making mini-movies out of Zane's books on Showtime/Starz? Has Don Juan tried getting product placement there? Have you even thought of these things Don Juan?

Can Peter just go away?

Edited by ThomasAAnderson
  • Love 6

I don't think the Walter situation is comparable.  It might be if she claimed she saw him having sex with another man.  But she never has, Apollo claimed that something happened that simply didn't happen.  

Not only did Kenya repeatedly say that Walter was gay, her cousin seconded that she knew he was gay as well, that ALL of Atlanta knew this for a fact, while her Aunt sat there nodding her head in agreement. Apollo never said that Kenya preformed an act on him but that she offered it and they met in LA,  lies without a doubt but no less of a lie(s) than telling everyone, including the nation, that they know someone is gay when they are not. 

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 6

Kenya acting all butt-hurt in the bathroom just underscored to me that this season will be the Kenya Apology Tour. And when has she ever apologized to anybody for saying mean things about them? Talking about Kandi needing some exercise and pushing away from the table, for example.  What happened to the white blue-eyed baby she was going to have??

Kandi and all that tufted furniture is really awful looking.  I mean, SOME tufting would be all right but a whole living room full? Uh, just no.

Bored out of my gourd.

• Love 3

Kandi IMO is the perfect passive aggresive person but she will pay for it in the future

Kandi didn't need Todd at that meeting; it was not Todd's place to say a word to her team unless she has oficially given him a postion in her company.

Kandi needed to take the bull by the horns and talk to her team about her concerns.

This is just going to come back to bite her in the behind when they divorce (and they probably will) and then Todd gets to claim that he helped her build her empire just because he added his two cents in a meeting.

After last night's episode, I'm almost convinced that Todd is on Kandi's payroll. Otherwise, Todd's involvement just doesn't make any sense. It could also explain some of the resentment Kandi's staff has towards Todd. Just my opinion of course.

• Love 1

Kenya acting all butt-hurt in the bathroom just underscored to me that this season will be the Kenya Apology Tour. And when has she ever apologized to anybody for saying mean things about them? Talking about Kandi needing some exercise and pushing away from the table, for example.  What happened to the white blue-eyed baby she was going to have??

Kandi and all that tufted furniture is really awful looking.  I mean, SOME tufting would be all right but a whole living room full? Uh, just no.

Bored out of my gourd.

I don't think I have ever heard Kenya really apologize for anything. Even when she kind of apologized to Cynthia for the "coochi crack" comment, she rationalized why she said it to begin with. Heck, she did not apologize to Phaedra, a very pregnant Phaedra at that, after threatening to physically harm/hurt her at the reunion 2 seasons ago. She apologized to the viewers/her fans but not to Phaedra.

After last night's episode, I'm almost convinced that Todd is on Kandi's payroll. Otherwise, Todd's involvement just doesn't make any sense. It could also explain some of the resentment Kandi's staff has towards Todd. Just my opinion of course.

I think Kandi just uses Todd to do her dirty/enforcement work for her because she can not do it herself. This way, her employees/friends/mother/daughter/viewers don't get mad at her but at Todd instead.

Having to apologize to Kenya will be difficult because Kenya won't be gracious and will never own the part she played. She implied that she and Apollo were fooling around and was read for filth for it. How would Kenya respond to a woman flirting with her man in front of an audience?

I don't remember it that way.  She implied he was sending her inappropriate text messages, which he apparently was.  And he took that opportunity to burn her- the same way he seems to be doing with Phaedra now in that random, unnecessary conversation with Peter.  It's a shame Phaedra and Kenya can't bond over the fact that he's a jackass.  Then they can still hate each other, but have it be because of the business deal gone wrong instead of all this bullshit about whether or not Kenya is an attempted homewrecker.  

Kandi- does she only have a team of three working for her?  That might explain the limitations of her team, and why Don Juan takes things directly instead of delegating- you need people to delegate to, maybe they just need to hire a couple more.  

And I think they need to work on Kandi's personality if they really want her to go next level.  She's talented, I think she seems like a cool person for the most part, but she's not even the star of her story on reality television- that's her mother.  I don't know if she has that extra pop to break out more than she has (especially since she has the sex toy line as a limiting factor).

• Love 1

I don't remember it that way.  She implied he was sending her inappropriate text messages, which he apparently was.  And he took that opportunity to burn her- the same way he seems to be doing with Phaedra now in that random, unnecessary conversation with Peter.  It's a shame Phaedra and Kenya can't bond over the fact that he's a jackass.  Then they can still hate each other, but have it be because of the business deal gone wrong instead of all this bullshit about whether or not Kenya is an attempted homewrecker.  

Kandi- does she only have a team of three working for her?  That might explain the limitations of her team, and why Don Juan takes things directly instead of delegating- you need people to delegate to, maybe they just need to hire a couple more.  

And I think they need to work on Kandi's personality if they really want her to go next level.  She's talented, I think she seems like a cool person for the most part, but she's not even the star of her story on reality television- that's her mother.  I don't know if she has that extra pop to break out more than she has (especially since she has the sex toy line as a limiting factor).

If you go by Kenya's blog after that reunion show, she was back peddling as fast as possible, none of the texts between her and Apollo were anything other than business. His texts to Kenya were nothing but she made it sound like he was hitting on her just to hurt Phaedra. She went after Phaedra because of the failed DVD arrangement, 1 that she herself blew, not Phaedra. Instead of negotiating like most business people do, Kenya left in a huff and immediately told everyone, including viewers, that Phaedra refused to pay her as agreed, which was a lie and a lie she has yet to admit to or apologize for.

I do agree that these 2 have been played/hurt by Apollo and his ongoing lies and need to sit and talk it out. I just don't see either doing it, at this point to much damage has been done by all involved.

• Love 4

I watch Dish Nation, and really dislike Porsha, but I have to admit, she is pretty fun on that show.  And Claudia is right - for radio, you really do have to be on your toes (not intellectual) and be fairly quick, so I will give her props for being funny and able to riff quickly with the pros.  I watch Dish Nation because I live in LA and my favorite radio team is on it, and the people I see on screen are the same ones I hear on the radio - but it is different 'routines'.  So I was interested to hear that in Atlanta, Claudia does the actual radio show and Porsha only does the television show?  Any Atlanta radio listeners out there able to clear that up for me?

Carmen's scar...I thought it was where MJ cut her.

If I hear, "at the end of the day" one more time it will be my new drinking game, RHONJ, BH, OC are all included in that too.

Loved the MJ slam - perfect.

I am so bothered by that overused phrase.  Ugghh, thank you for commenting on this; I thought I was the only one who noticed.  I hear it on so many of the RH shows, reunions, WWHL segments, etc.  Do they think it makes them seem intelligent, or is it just a bad habit they don't even hear anymore, such as "ya know"?   The guys use it just as much as the gals - equal opportunity offense I guess.

• Love 1

I watch Dish Nation, and really dislike Porsha, but I have to admit, she is pretty fun on that show. And Claudia is right - for radio, you really do have to be on your toes (not intellectual) and be fairly quick, so I will give her props for being funny and able to riff quickly with the pros. I watch Dish Nation because I live in LA and my favorite radio team is on it, and the people I see on screen are the same ones I hear on the radio - but it is different 'routines'. So I was interested to hear that in Atlanta, Claudia does the actual radio show and Porsha only does the television show? Any Atlanta radio listeners out there able to clear that up for me?

You are correct.

I like Claudia on RH but I don't care for her on the Ricky Smiley radio show. She replaced Ebony who, IMO, was miles ahead of her in wit and banter. I might have liked her better if she wasn't filling the shoes of someone I really enjoyed.

Porsha does the TV show which comes on every morning. I catch it when I'm up and I agree with you, I think she's funny and has good chemistry with the others.

• Love 1
Miss Preacher daughter, lawyer, genteel lady and Southern belle heading to the hood at 3 am, groping and sexing on an air mattress, rubbing feet and ignoring ankle monitor.

Everybody knows it's okay if you put your prayer shawl on the air mattress first!  (Remember she had to cover her knees in church a few years ago?)

I also agree that Apollo could be lying about Phaedra now to get back at her.

Of course, he could also be telling the truth about Phaedra now to get back at her.

It was a hoot watching Porsha preen in the mirror while Claudia was trying to talk to her and then the whole lotion scene with Porsha evading a question, Claudia needs to get a clue and move on.

I read that very differently.  I saw Claudia toying with Porsha, the same way you toy with anybody giving you the silent treatment -- you keep talking as if they're not ignoring you, knowing they're churning inside at the fact that you're not getting the message, you're not crushed, you're not going away, and how can they get out of it now?!  And, in this case, getting all of it on television, so that when Porsha blinks innocently and says that Claudia obviously got the wrong impression, we have already seen the footage ourselves, and know that Claudia is laying out precisely what happened, and Porsha is lying about it.  

Edited by kassa
  • Love 5

I first heard "at the end of the day" back in '99 when I was also introduced to 'synergy' - another one that's over used.

I heard Kenya's new boyfriend, George Glass, isn't available for filming this year.  Wait until she finds out, that he's hanging out with Jan again.

• Love 11

While I didn't agree with Todd discussing anything with Don Juan I totally agree with Kandi's concerns regarding him.  He's her manager, he should have a plan he's presented to her and is implementing it to the others on her team.  That's what managers do.  Every other person involved with management that I've seen on TV, they are the end of the line when it comes to getting the celebrity they manage to do something.  THEY go out and get the ideas, THEY network and do the basics, THEY talk to other people and make the deals.  Sure, sometimes the artist has their own ideas, but Don Juan seems to sit around and wait for direction from her a lot, which isn't how it should be.  He's worked with Kandi for awhile now, he knows what her strengths are and where her passions lie and what she would be good at doing.  So when he sat in Todd's office like he couldn't understand what the problem was, I'd have fired him right there.  Clearly he didn't get the underlying issue Kandi was having with him.  I also didn't like his "I missed so-and-so's wedding so I could plan yours!"  well welcome to being an adult and having a job buddy.  You didn't choose to work in a call center where you get designated days off, you chose to manage someone else's life.  Suck.it.up

I had to laugh when Todd suggested that Kandi should have done something with Obama right now because he's a black President.  Kandi's not even D-List......or Z-List for that matter.  She's a shit stirring, passive aggressive, asshole on a TV show.  Gimme a break.  

Edited by CaughtOnTape