Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Cabana

• Start Topic

On 9/21/2017 at 10:18 PM, crgirl412 said:

I saw Paul Nassif on HSN selling his skin care line today.  Remember when he and Adrienne were developing it?  I wonder if they in business together or he won it in the divorce or there are two lines?  Have any of you tried anything from it?  It got good reviews on various sites but you never know who is really posting. 

https://nassifmdskincare.com/

https://www.hsn.com/shop/nassif-md-bio-clock-dermaceuticals/14362

You could try asking over at  Shopping Channel Shows > Product Reviews.

• Love 1
On 11/5/2017 at 2:57 AM, Kokapetl said:

This is like one of The Californians sketches on SNL. 

I had the exact same thought! Take the 10 to the 405 North and let it dump you out on Mulholland, where you belong!

• Love 4

I like the PCH between Santa Monica and Malibu, especially NOT at rush hour.  There is so much to see along the way, and if you want to visit the Getty Museum, it's right there on the highway.  So is the Sea Lion restaurant (newly renamed?), which I love.  I love the seats by the water, and the food was good the last time we were there.  An episode of "Top Chef Masters" was filmed there during the season that Voltaggio was a contestant -- not Michael, but his brother.  I've drawn a blank on his first name, and I like him a lot.  Dang it!  Somebody help me out!  :)

• Love 2

Has anyone else seen episode 2 of TLC's new show "The Healer"? Briefly, the show is about (an extremely handsome) Aussie "energy healer". Kyle and her ailment are in one segment of this episode. She claims to have fibromyalgia causing her extreme pain in her neck and shoulders. Methinks if she curtails her ponytail-swirling dance move she might not have that problem . Although, the handsome Aussie did heal her pain as well as Portia's, who Kyle brought in because Portia also suffers from neck and shoulder pain. Did I mention how handsome this Aussie is?

• Love 6
On 11/4/2017 at 1:51 PM, SCS said:

(I moved this over as I figured I might as well give you lots of local info and it's not directly Kyle related.)

It’s impossible to say how long the drive time would be as 1-- LA  traffic varies so dramatically minute to minute, and 2-- I don’t know their addresses (and  have no intention to try to find them because I’ve avoided that level of investigation throughout my years of HWs viewings – a tad too stalkerish for my taste!)

However, more general info may still be interesting and give you an idea of the region. This link should take you to a map of North Beverly Park (Pumpy lives Beverly Park -- or used to -- so this is a good starting point, regardless). You may need to copy and paste into the search bar:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/North+Beverly+Park,+Los+Angeles,+CA+90210/@34.1191629,-118.4269081,15z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x80c2bdb8f68398c9:0x9ff79c5d63328c3c!8m2!3d34.1177924!4d-118.4177707

Shut down the Wiki quick facts to the left so you have the full map onscreen. And since the map moves with your cursor, let us borrow a line from Eugenia Weeks* and “watch the map in motion.”

OK – so you see N Bev Park (and below it S. Bev Park), yes?  At the top of NBP is Mulholland Drive.  Follow it west. Right before the Starbux icon you should see Beverly Glen Blvd (we’ll revisit in a bit ;D) Continue west and you hit the 405 freeway (this is considered a bypass interstate in that it branches off from Cali 5 aka the Golden State Freeway aka the 10th Gate of Hell) at the northernmost point of LA County and reconnects below Irvine in South Orange County. If you continue on Mulholland past the 405 you will see the paved portions ends by San Vicente Park above Encino Hills.

Go back to the 405 and head north. You should see the 101 Ventura Fwy exchange – jump on and head north (it looks like it’s going west but it’s considered north). Encino begins almost immediately west of the 405 and continues for several miles. When you see White Oak, you’ve almost reached Encino’s western border (I think it goes for a block or 2 more).

So -- to get from Encino to Beverly Park (and Beverly Hills), one could go multiple ways. Personally, I would take the 101 to the 405 and, depending on where I was heading, get off at either Mulholland or Sunset and then head east to my destination. This would take 25 minutes in light traffic to more than an hour. Mulholland east from Encino is another option – it’s more scenic but you'd have to wend your way up thru the hills just  to get to Mulholland and it will def extend your drive time. Drivers who want a direct route but don’t want to get on the 405 might take Sepulveda Blvd, which serpentines alongside the freeway and goes on forever.

Re aforementioned Beverly Glen: There are 3 non-fwy thoroughfares that connect LA’s Westside with the San Fernando Valley: Laurel Canyon (meh), Coldwater Canyon (avoid avoid, opinion as fact!) and Beverly Glen (would be my preference). All are east of the 405, and have beautiful homes. Benedict Canyon will take you to Mulholland from the Westside but isn’t suitable if you’re continuing down into the Valley, and is often closed to local access only.

I've been using this map and info to follow the multiple fires that are all over LA right now. There is a really bad one that burned some estates in Bel Air and is threatening the Getty museum. Looks really dangerous.

• Love 3
16 hours ago, sarivon said:

I've been using this map and info to follow the multiple fires that are all over LA right now. There is a really bad one that burned some estates in Bel Air and is threatening the Getty museum. Looks really dangerous.

Probably off subject but I really hope that have begun to evacuate some of the priceless art "in case of". Bless all of the people and animals in harms way. 

• Love 2
On 11/21/2017 at 5:54 PM, Lura said:

I like the PCH between Santa Monica and Malibu, especially NOT at rush hour.  There is so much to see along the way, and if you want to visit the Getty Museum, it's right there on the highway.  So is the Sea Lion restaurant (newly renamed?), which I love.  I love the seats by the water, and the food was good the last time we were there.  An episode of "Top Chef Masters" was filmed there during the season that Voltaggio was a contestant -- not Michael, but his brother.  I've drawn a blank on his first name, and I like him a lot.  Dang it!  Somebody help me out!  :)

Lura - Bryan Voltaggio! (late to the game but had to help)

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Probably off subject but I really hope that have begun to evacuate some of the priceless art "in case of". Bless all of the people and animals in harms way. 

Museum officials have stated that the museum is the safest place for the art.

• Love 2

Help! I wasn't sure where to ask this. Is the new season starting tonight? The episode description still looks like last season, but the cast is talking about it being today. Does anyone know the time? My TiVo isn't seeing a new episode today either, so I don't know what's up. Thanks for the help!

20 minutes ago, Neeners said:

Help! I wasn't sure where to ask this. Is the new season starting tonight? The episode description still looks like last season, but the cast is talking about it being today. Does anyone know the time? My TiVo isn't seeing a new episode today either, so I don't know what's up. Thanks for the help!

I think you may have to manually record. I was reading on another forum that someone's TIVO wasn't showing a new episode. It is starting tonight.

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Happy Camper said:

I think you may have to manually record. I was reading on another forum that someone's TIVO wasn't showing a new episode. It is starting tonight.

Thank you so much, Happy Camper!

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Juliegirlj said:

Bravo is running a RHOBH marathon today! I am enjoying rewatching the beginning of the show! 

High def tv is not a friend to some of these women! 

LOL, I'm pretty sure HD is/would be unkind to most people no matter how expertly the makeup is applied! LOL

• Love 7

True- HD makes everyone look a bit rough around the edges but it must be mortifying for these egotistical women to see. Kyle had very visible gray roots in one scene. Haha, it amuses me to think about them seeing the early footage! 

• Love 2

I just started following Mohammad Haddid on IG (hey, its entertaining).  They are in Beruit for NYE, and not only does he post more than any HW, he does the full on Duck Lips! Oh, and wears sunglasses in nightclubs...of course he does? lolol

Edited by Christi
  • Love 2

Thanks for your help with Bryan Voltaggio's name, Texas Gal.  For some unknown reason his name just slipped my mind.

In the first episodes of this season, I've been somewhat amazed by the shots of LisaV ("Pinky") in that they've shown so clearly the imperfections in her facial skin.  Beneath the makeup, which I think makes

her look flawless, one can see just how old she really looks.  I no longer believe that she is in her 50s and think that she's definitely over 60.  Her skin sags, as it does on older women if they haven't had a lift recently.  I've always thought that Lisa was absolutely beautiful , and I'm sure she will be at any age, but I was just surprised by how much older she appears to be.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Lura said:

Thanks for your help with Bryan Voltaggio's name, Texas Gal.  For some unknown reason his name just slipped my mind.

In the first episodes of this season, I've been somewhat amazed by the shots of LisaV ("Pinky") in that they've shown so clearly the imperfections in her facial skin.  Beneath the makeup, which I think makes

her look flawless, one can see just how old she really looks.  I no longer believe that she is in her 50s and think that she's definitely over 60.  Her skin sags, as it does on older women if they haven't had a lift recently.  I've always thought that Lisa was absolutely beautiful , and I'm sure she will be at any age, but I was just surprised by how much older she appears to be.

IMO, Rinna's skin is far worse than Lisa's and not just because of her acne scars, her skin is also sagging/slipping south. It happens when you go through menopause and both Lisa/Rinna are through that stage. I like that Lisa hasn't had a face lift and has not gone overboard with fillers (if she gets them at all). Look at both of them without any makeup on or very little on and Lisa's skin looks great for a 50+ year old woman, Rinna, not as well.

• Love 4

Is anyone else as cold as I am?  Geez.  It's frigid.  Especially with the wind chill.

My heating bill is going to be astronomical.  And the house isn't even warm. 

At least we didn't get too much snow last night.

• Love 7
16 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Look at both of them without any makeup on or very little on and Lisa's skin looks great for a 50+ year old woman, Rinna, not as well.

I agree with you 99%, WireWrap.  LisaR has the worst skin of anyone in the cast.  Her complexion is sallow, which doesn't help.  I wonder what she eats because I've never seen her look healthy.  I used to think that she was pretty, but with her lips blown up to three times their size, I think she's rather ugly.  (I mean that aesthetically, not to be mean).  I wonder whether she eats right because she's painfully thin. 

I might still whisper to LisaV to get a little nip and tuck if I was sure you weren't listening!  :)

• Love 1
49 minutes ago, Lura said:

I agree with you 99%, WireWrap.  LisaR has the worst skin of anyone in the cast.  Her complexion is sallow, which doesn't help.  I wonder what she eats because I've never seen her look healthy.  I used to think that she was pretty, but with her lips blown up to three times their size, I think she's rather ugly.  (I mean that aesthetically, not to be mean).  I wonder whether she eats right because she's painfully thin. 

I might still whisper to LisaV to get a little nip and tuck if I was sure you weren't listening!  :)

I think her skin might look that way because she does not eat enough and what she does may not be nutritional. I think she is the skinniest on this franchise and doesn't come by looking that way naturally. She must be on Yolanda's 3 almond diet. 

Edited by Mindthinkr
Oops.
  • Love 6
46 minutes ago, Lura said:

As long as none of them go as PS crazy as A Maloof, who cares. LOL

• Love 5
On 1/4/2018 at 0:50 PM, Lura said:

I agree, Lura -- Pinky definitely looks older than 57-58.

• Love 2

I wonder if they are getting ready to film the reunion. Erika, LVP and Kyle were in NYC today. They went on the Megan Kelly Show. I caught it on NBC.com. The last segment where Megan was going to ask them if anything is off limits when they film and audience questions wasn't shown (and probably the best part of the interview lol). The only new piece of info I gleaned is that Erika and Dorit are making friends. LVP is on WWHL tonight. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

I wonder if they are getting ready to film the reunion. Erika, LVP and Kyle were in NYC today. They went on the Megan Kelly Show. I caught it on NBC.com. The last segment where Megan was going to ask them if anything is off limits when they film and audience questions wasn't shown (and probably the best part of the interview lol). The only new piece of info I gleaned is that Erika and Dorit are making friends. LVP is on WWHL tonight. 

They don't film the reunion until there are only 2 or 3 episodes left in the season and we are only 2 episodes in. Also, they film the BH reunion in LA, not in NY, all the HW reunion shows are filmed in their specific city.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, WireWrap said:

all the HW reunion shows are filmed in their specific city.

Maybe it's just a feeling I have, but I've always thought that Andy's favorite reunions were the NY "ladies" filmed at the theater in NJ.  He has a studio audience to perform for, and he seems to be especially up for those shows.

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, Lura said:

Maybe it's just a feeling I have, but I've always thought that Andy's favorite reunions were the NY "ladies" filmed at the theater in NJ.  He has a studio audience to perform for, and he seems to be especially up for those shows.

No, there is no "studio audience" for the NY, or any, HW reunion.

• Love 3
On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 5:51 PM, WireWrap said:

No, there is no "studio audience" for the NY, or any, HW reunion.

Didn't there used to be one, WireWrap?  Because the cameras showed an audience quite a long time ago, and Andy joked with the people. Maybe it was something they tried and then did away with.  I only saw it once.  Anyway, not important.

2 hours ago, Lura said:

Didn't there used to be one, WireWrap?  Because the cameras showed an audience quite a long time ago, and Andy joked with the people. Maybe it was something they tried and then did away with.  I only saw it once.  Anyway, not important.

Are you sure you're not confusing the crew with an audience? There has never been an audience. Sometimes when a housewife will storm off set, the camera will pan over and we'll see other parts of the crew, hair and makeup people, producers, and PAs.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, Lura said:

The first HW "reunions" were the OC's and they were filmed in Vicki's backyard, they then used old theaters to film some of the other cities but they never had a live audience. You may be thinking of shows like Southern Charm/VPRs/Below deck, they were initially filmed in Andy's "Bravo Clubhouse" and they had an "audience". But none of the HW's shows had an audience, although most of us might wish they did and that we were allowed to ask the HWs questions instead of Andy asking them. LOL

• Love 3

Man, this season is a dud so far. They are all fame hungry -- which is what you sign up for when you watch these shows -- but Dorit and PK are just so unappealing and inauthentic in their pursuit of it. Where is the closer-to-real drama from the first two seasons and later with Brandi? LVP great and Erica an excellent later addition but show is seriously lacking these days.  The lack of comments on the new season here certainly tell a story.

Edited by hitchcock3011
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, WireWrap said:

The first HW "reunions" were the OC's and they were filmed in Vicki's backyard, they then used old theaters to film some of the other cities but they never had a live audience. You may be thinking of shows like Southern Charm/VPRs/Below deck, they were initially filmed in Andy's "Bravo Clubhouse" and they had an "audience". But none of the HW's shows had an audience, although most of us might wish they did and that we were allowed to ask the HWs questions instead of Andy asking them. LOL

we could certainly do a better job than andy when it comes to asking the questions and holding them accountable.  hey, maybe our accountability coach, teddi, will do that.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, jaybird2 said:

we could certainly do a better job than andy when it comes to asking the questions and holding them accountable.  hey, maybe our accountability coach, teddi, will do that.

Andy is lucky that he doesn't have anyone to keep him accountable.

• Love 6

I stand corrected about Andy having a studio audience.  I think possibly what I saw were members of his staff or others connected to the show, sitting in the first couple of rows.  It was definitely a reunion and was many seasons ago, but my eyes told me it was an audience, and my eyes lied!  Thanks for setting me straight.

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

I'm bringing this link to Small Talk so the subject matter won't need to be discussed in the RHOBH "Lights Out". I know the mods hate it when we get off topic! Lol.

http://www.citylab.com/environment/2012/09/feral-dogs-invade-australias-cities/3296/

Yes, there are feral/wilds dogs in Australia, just like there are in most (if not all) countries but feral cats are more destructive by all accounts (that I have read).  

• Love 1
23 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

I'm bringing this link to Small Talk so the subject matter won't need to be discussed in the RHOBH "Lights Out". I know the mods hate it when we get off topic! Lol.

http://www.citylab.com/environment/2012/09/feral-dogs-invade-australias-cities/3296/

Dingoes are generally considered native, and their impact is far more of an agricultural problem than an environmental one. The complaints in that article are all from farmers.

• Love 3
27 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

I remember watching a series about hunters in Australia that hunted down dingoes & hung them on fences because they were killing sheep.  Just sayin'.

Gross, inhumane & cruel. I'd be more than happy to hang those hunters by their "dingos". It's a crazy f'd up world we live in. So many angry people displaying misplaced aggression. Animals are just doing what nature/instinct/survival tells them to do. 

Edited by chenoa333
Afterthought
  • Love 1
On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 8:12 PM, Happy Camper said:

I have lost respect for Andy:

So have I, Happy Camper, although I'm not so sure I ever had any!  I think he's a sleazebag.  Maybe I need an attitude adjustment because I know some people like him, but I watched his show until I had an overdose of him.

• Love 9
On 2/21/2018 at 3:41 PM, Lura said:

So have I, Happy Camper, although I'm not so sure I ever had any!  I think he's a sleazebag.  Maybe I need an attitude adjustment because I know some people like him, but I watched his show until I had an overdose of him.

I never had a ton of respect for him,  but I used to like him. Not anymore. 

• Love 3

When I first started watching WWHL, or whatever he called his show, he was all about booze.  He had a bartender, and everybody played booze games.  One night, his parents were the bartenders.  The guests were good, though, and were generally people who were worth watching.  Gradually, it seemed to me that the guests went downhill, and he'd have people I'd never heard of.  His mind, which had always been close to the gutter, became totally filthy -- and I'm no prude.  I became bored with all the trash talk, bimbos in "barely there" gowns, weirdos, worn out Housewives, and most of all, Andy's rocketing ego.  That's when I tuned out.   

• Love 11