Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Product Reviews: After Sales

Recommended Posts

New digs ... thanks mods.

Sounds like many of us wear the CC foundation.   Me too,  really love it and other IT products.  Their Tightline mascara has been helpful to me b/c it has such a skinny-skinny applicator wand/brush that makes it easier to get lashes all the way (especially lower lashes).  Big fan of By By Under Eye too.

Thanks for all the tips about brush cleaning.  I've not heard of the brush cleaning pad thingies before but they sound like a big help.  I'll keep my eyes out for them @ TJ's or Marshalls.  Are the made of silicone type rubbery stuff?  

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Re: the IT brush cleaning.  I just use my Great Value Pomegrante Dishwashing Liquid.  Generously apply to the head of brush, smosh it in and rub in circular motion on the palm of my hand and the IT foundation pours out.  I do this a couple of times, rinse well and let dry.  It works like a charm for me and I've experienced no ill effects to the brush.

Edited by Fishy
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, brini said:

New digs ... thanks mods.

Sounds like many of us wear the CC foundation.   Me too,  really love it and other IT products.  Their Tightline mascara has been helpful to me b/c it has such a skinny-skinny applicator wand/brush that makes it easier to get lashes all the way (especially lower lashes).  Big fan of By By Under Eye too.

I apply the CC Cream with my fingers. I have used brushes for the Confidence in a Compact. When I went to wash them, I’ve found more foundation on my brush than my face. I bought a small bottle of The It Cosmetics brush cleaner from Ulta and was happy with that. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, brini said:

New digs ... thanks mods.

Sounds like many of us wear the CC foundation.   Me too,  really love it and other IT products.  Their Tightline mascara has been helpful to me b/c it has such a skinny-skinny applicator wand/brush that makes it easier to get lashes all the way (especially lower lashes).  Big fan of By By Under Eye too.

Thanks for all the tips about brush cleaning.  I've not heard of the brush cleaning pad thingies before but they sound like a big help.  I'll keep my eyes out for them @ TJ's or Marshalls.  Are the made of silicone type rubbery stuff?  

yes they are, 

they have all kinds there, small  med and big,  with nubs for each size of brush 

as I said earlier I know realize the wierd shape designed to fit in the sink would be nicer 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XDBG51K/ref=asc_df_B06XDBG51K5245910/?tag=hyprod-20&creative=395033&creativeASIN=B06XDBG51K&linkCode=df0&hvadid=167129443640&hvpos=1o4&hvnetw=g&hvrand=10281082086938530459&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9003630&hvtargid=pla-307309337708

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, hummingbird said:

yes they are, 

they have all kinds there, small  med and big,  with nubs for each size of brush 

as I said earlier I know realize the wierd shape designed to fit in the sink would be nicer 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XDBG51K/ref=asc_df_B06XDBG51K5245910/?tag=hyprod-20&creative=395033&creativeASIN=B06XDBG51K&linkCode=df0&hvadid=167129443640&hvpos=1o4&hvnetw=g&hvrand=10281082086938530459&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9003630&hvtargid=pla-307309337708

Thanks hummingbird ... I missed seeing your link in the previous discussion.  The photo helps me visualize what these are.  I think I have seen them @Marshalls before but didn't realize what they were for.  I like this one - and for $8.88 I'm ordering this one from Amazon.   Merci Beaucoup!!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

I'm going to jump in. I still like my TSV lock'n'lock purchase. I pull out at least one or more of them to use at some point during the day. That particular TSV has so many usable sizes and I'm using those things all over the place. I don't know why it's comforting to me to have my pantry organized like this but it is. I've got containers filled with flour, sugar, dried beans, rice, potato flakes, baking soda, oatmeal, popcorn, etc. I can see at a glance if I'm running low on anything. Bugs won't get in it. Everything stacks and stores. My pantry is one cabinet. I even cleaned out my flatware drawer that had twist ties, doodads, can openers and crap. I put all my sharp paring knives in one container. I don't risk cutting myself anymore reaching in the drawer. 

I know these containers aren't the answer to world peace but I'm very pleased with my purchase. I hadn't purchased from QVC in a long while. Chris and her lock'n'locks brought me back in. 

  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post
20 minutes ago, DownTheShore said:

Wouldn't Dawn dish detergent work? I mean, if it can remove crude oil safely off waterfowl....

This has me giggling. I'm picturing a spokes-duck telling us how she has used the IT CC cream for years and it hides her rosacea from other ducks in the pond. Her before picture - 

duck red beak.jpg

Edited by TexasTiffany
  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, brini said:

Thanks hummingbird ... I missed seeing your link in the previous discussion.  The photo helps me visualize what these are.  I think I have seen them @Marshalls before but didn't realize what they were for.  I like this one - and for $8.88 I'm ordering this one from Amazon.   Merci Beaucoup!!

I didn’t know either until I read it 

52 minutes ago, DownTheShore said:

Wouldn't Dawn dish detergent work? I mean, if it can remove crude oil safely off waterfowl....

Might be too hard too rinse out?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, DownTheShore said:

Wouldn't Dawn dish detergent work? I mean, if it can remove crude oil safely off waterfowl....

I use a dishwashing liquid and YES it works - IT foundation pours out with hardly any effort whatsoever and rubbing in your hand works too, but if you want to spend money, feel free.  

Edited by Fishy
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Well...this is different.

@Fishy, I am glad you outed yourself on the dishwashing soap as a brush cleaner. I use it too, with no issues.  Some of my brushes I have had for quite a while, and I can't see any harm has come to them.  I also threw some brushes in Woolite + water once, and that worked, too.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
39 minutes ago, BecomingLimited said:

360 surge protector guy.

Related to Meghan?

I like Meghan. She seems to have good taste, dresses well and knows her stuff. Also she doesn't take any crap from Shawn.  

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, jewels said:

Related to Meghan?

I like Meghan. She seems to have good taste, dresses well and knows her stuff. Also she doesn't take any crap from Shawn.  

Agreed! She is there all hours, is prepared and looks nice. Get her in the game with Suzie Dison. Keep them both away from McTool!

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

I don't use the IT product, but I sometimes wash my brushes in shampoo.  It seems to work, but I am not very picky. ?

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

I've used both shampoo and dawn dish soap for many brushes over the years.  But something about the IT formulations (some products, especially the by-by undereye) have proven to be more of a challenge for just the suds.  I'm thinking the little silicone bumpy thing will make the job easier.

Edited by brini · Reason: Spelling
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Drogo said:

I use Josie Maran whipped body butter on my hands 2x a day and I'm not ashamed to admit it.  

A number of folks here use it, though some prefer the argan milk versions.

I tried the body butter but it just seemed to coat my skin and not absorb. I returned it.

I like First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream instead.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
49 minutes ago, DownTheShore said:

A number of folks here use it, though some prefer the argan milk versions.

I tried the body butter but it just seemed to coat my skin and not absorb. I returned it.

I like First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream instead.

Same situation for me too, JM products sit on my skin.  I too use First Aid Beauty , it’s my night cream for my face as well as all over body cream.  All 5 of us in the family use it .  Its a little pricey , I supplement with Trader Joe’s body butters.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

I like argan oil.  It is a good moisturizing product that my skin readily accepts.  I once purchased Josie's product and it was fine.  However, the $10.99 bottle of 100% argan oil I bought from Amazon was just as effective.  I did like the scent of Josie's product better, but not enough to justify the price differential. Don't give up on argan oil if Josie's didn't work for you or was too pricey.  It is available from other sources and if you get the real argan oil (100%), you will get all the benefits.

I like the idea of body butters, but they always seem so hard to absorb into my skin and I hate being gooey.  lol

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Thelmalou said:

Same situation for me too, JM products sit on my skin.  I too use First Aid Beauty , it’s my night cream for my face as well as all over body cream.  All 5 of us in the family use it .  Its a little pricey , I supplement with Trader Joe’s body butters.

I have used the First Aid Beauty product, and I like it.  Still buy the hand cream (through Amazon), but for the tub o' lotion, I switched to Cetaphil which I buy from Costco or Amazon.  (Around $8-$9 per 16 oz. tub)  I like it as well as the FAB.  

I sometimes buy these beauty sampler kits from QVC.  Thought I would share this one, which comes in around $20 bucks with shipping + tax.  QVC

bea.jpg

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

I think I really like the revamping of the forum here and especially like that this thread will stand on its own. I will definitely be checking this one out.

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, Drogo said:

I use Josie Maran whipped body butter on my hands 2x a day and I'm not ashamed to admit it.  

You're not alone - I've used Josie's whipped body butter too. Last year, I got one of her sampler sets with 8 of the smaller jars. The scents were wonderful and I thought the body butter absorbed pretty well - maybe I have giant skin pores all over my body or something!

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

My mom bought me the Halo Portable Car Jump starter kit - http://www.qvc.com/HALO-Bolt-AC-DC-58%2C830-mWh-Portable-Charge-Car-JumpStarter-with-AC-Outlet.product.E229136.html.  It was a TSV. 

Just curious if any of you have purchased it and what your experience was? It seems like a great gift.  I wish I had it here in Florida during Hurricane Irma.  Though we were very lucky and only lost power for 12 hours.

Edited by MissT
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

Oh my gawd will some tell the fleece hat OAP to stop saying Oh My God! It is rude, inappropriate and shows a serious lack of speaking skills (can't you express your amazement with more intelligent and thoughtful words?). She has got to be some one's mother in law or (yikes) mistress, she has the goods on somebody. Maybe she keeps the registry of cult members? Those beige teeth...meow. 

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, MissT said:

My mom bought me the Halo Portable Car Jump starter kit - http://www.qvc.com/HALO-Bolt-AC-DC-58%2C830-mWh-Portable-Charge-Car-JumpStarter-with-AC-Outlet.product.E229136.html.  It was a TSV. 

Just curious if any of you have purchased it and what your experience was? It seems like a great gift.  I wish I had it here in Florida during Hurricane Irma.  Though we were very lucky and only lost power for 12 hours.

My sister bought one and, although she hasn't had to use it to jump start her car yet, she loves it as a charger. In fact, she bought another one to give to her son for Christmas.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Has anyone tried one of those Finishing Touch (or other brand) mini shavers? Evine has a set as a TTV today. I usually use a creme, but sometimes it doesn't get some of the fine hairs, or they grow back in quickly. I was just wondering if the little battery operated ones were worth the money. I'm not looking for it to handle thicker hair, or leg or arm hair; just a quick buzz of the fuzz.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, MichelleAK said:

Has anyone tried one of those Finishing Touch (or other brand) mini shavers? Evine has a set as a TTV today. I usually use a creme, but sometimes it doesn't get some of the fine hairs, or they grow back in quickly. I was just wondering if the little battery operated ones were worth the money. I'm not looking for it to handle thicker hair, or leg or arm hair; just a quick buzz of the fuzz.

I have one that I use for my upper lip and chin hairs. I’ve been happy with it. I’ve seen them sold in some stores in the “As Seen on TV” section. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

I rec'd my Doll10 lip and cheek set. A296976. Sending it back. Lipsticks are waxy and colors very meh. Blush didn't last even one hour. Also the "gift boxes" we're all smashed open in the shipping envelope. At least it only took eight days to get to me. SMH

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, MichelleAK said:

Has anyone tried one of those Finishing Touch (or other brand) mini shavers? Evine has a set as a TTV today. I usually use a creme, but sometimes it doesn't get some of the fine hairs, or they grow back in quickly. I was just wondering if the little battery operated ones were worth the money. I'm not looking for it to handle thicker hair, or leg or arm hair; just a quick buzz of the fuzz.

I use one to shave my chin hairs and to shape my eyebrows. I love mine. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/2/2017 at 1:56 PM, Fishy said:

Re: the IT brush cleaning.  I just use my Great Value Pomegrante Dishwashing Liquid.  Generously apply to the head of brush, smosh it in and rub in circular motion on the palm of my hand and the IT foundation pours out.  I do this a couple of times, rinse well and let dry.  It works like a charm for me and I've experienced no ill effects to the brush.

I use Dawn dish soap to clean my brushes, and like you, I've never had a problem. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

I just saw a cute pair of Clark's boots called Sillian Frye, I checked Amazon and saved 11.93 on the exact boots. I realize Amazon price is determined by size and color choice, but it worked for me.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, MichelleAK said:

Thanks for the feedback on the shavers! I think I'll try to find one locally; I don't need two, and that way I can avoid shipping charges.

Try Walgreens, if you have that chain in AK.  That's where I got mine.  IIRC, it cost $9.99.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/2/2017 at 7:33 PM, TexasTiffany said:

I'm going to jump in. I still like my TSV lock'n'lock purchase. I pull out at least one or more of them to use at some point during the day. That particular TSV has so many usable sizes and I'm using those things all over the place. I don't know why it's comforting to me to have my pantry organized like this but it is. I've got containers filled with flour, sugar, dried beans, rice, potato flakes, baking soda, oatmeal, popcorn, etc. I can see at a glance if I'm running low on anything. Bugs won't get in it. Everything stacks and stores. My pantry is one cabinet. I even cleaned out my flatware drawer that had twist ties, doodads, can openers and crap. I put all my sharp paring knives in one container. I don't risk cutting myself anymore reaching in the drawer. 

I know these containers aren't the answer to world peace but I'm very pleased with my purchase. I hadn't purchased from QVC in a long while. Chris and her lock'n'locks brought me back in. 

This works really well for knives:

Kuhn Rikon Easy Clean Clear Knife Block

k44089.jpg.0f4bdb7fa1df7cdb6703f9c5f48a02dc.jpg

 

????????????????

 

8 hours ago, MissT said:

My mom bought me the Halo Portable Car Jump starter kit - http://www.qvc.com/HALO-Bolt-AC-DC-58%2C830-mWh-Portable-Charge-Car-JumpStarter-with-AC-Outlet.product.E229136.html.  It was a TSV. 

Just curious if any of you have purchased it and what your experience was? It seems like a great gift.  I wish I had it here in Florida during Hurricane Irma.  Though we were very lucky and only lost power for 12 hours.

I have one and my neighbor used it successfully to jump start his car.

Edited by DownTheShore
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, MichelleAK said:

Has anyone tried one of those Finishing Touch (or other brand) mini shavers? Evine has a set as a TTV today. I usually use a creme, but sometimes it doesn't get some of the fine hairs, or they grow back in quickly. I was just wondering if the little battery operated ones were worth the money. I'm not looking for it to handle thicker hair, or leg or arm hair; just a quick buzz of the fuzz.

Like Stacey1014, I have one for my upper lip, too. Cream makes my skin too sensitive. This mini shaver takes 30 seconds and I'm done. I didn't pay much for mine. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
20 hours ago, BecomingLimited said:

Oh my gawd will some tell the fleece hat OAP to stop saying Oh My God! It is rude, inappropriate and shows a serious lack of speaking skills (can't you express your amazement with more intelligent and thoughtful words?). She has got to be some one's mother in law or (yikes) mistress, she has the goods on somebody. Maybe she keeps the registry of cult members? Those beige teeth...meow. 

you need to live within 2 hours of the Q, according to what I read once,  so think about it, at some point the pool of possible employees will get shallower and shallower 

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, hummingbird said:

you need to live within 2 hours of the Q, according to what I read once,  so think about it, at some point the pool of possible employees will get shallower and shallower 

I think they hit the shallow end of the pool a while ago!

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, Booney said:

I think they hit the shallow end of the pool a while ago!

The potential employee pool and the gene pool.

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, hummingbird said:

you need to live within 2 hours of the Q, according to what I read once,  so think about it, at some point the pool of possible employees will get shallower and shallower 

Then the My Pillow guy must live in his car in the QVC parking lot.  It's as if he's there 24/7.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, Peacock said:

Then the My Pillow guy must live in his car in the QVC parking lot.  It's as if he's there 24/7.

He lives in a van down by the river...

giphy.gif.2822ef18b2cc622d08efbd1138b8504d.gif

  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...