Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Prayer Closet

Message added by Scarlett45

This is a reminder that the Politics Policy is still in effect.

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss political social media posts of those in the Duggar realm- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

Political discussion is not allowed in this forum- this includes Small Talk topics. Please stay in the spirit of the policy- I have noticed a tendency for some to follow the letter but not the spirit.

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

While we understand the frustration (change is never easy), please keep in mind that not everyone feels the same way and that for those members who don't, the ongoing conversation about other forums and chat options can equally be a cause of frustration.

Out of respect for your fellow posters, we kindly ask that you continue any discussion about alternatives via PM or the Technically Speaking: Bugs, Questions, & Suggestions area.

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I will shake and clean with an alcohol swab. If it doesn't work I will just buy a new color cartridge. Thank you so much!

Edited to add, I just took the color cartridge out to shake it, and it printed! Happy Cracking Up GIF by Regal

The staff in my office do this all the time when the printer isn't printing properly.  It seems to be a pretty universal remedy and, according to them. extends the life of the cartridge by a lot.  When it seems like its empty, they give it a shake and it is good as new.  When shaking doesn't work anymore, its time to buy a new cartridge.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, Notabug said:

The staff in my office do this all the time when the printer isn't printing properly.  It seems to be a pretty universal remedy and, according to them. extends the life of the cartridge by a lot.  When it seems like its empty, they give it a shake and it is good as new.  When shaking doesn't work anymore, its time to buy a new cartridge.

The funny thing is, I did NOT put the color cartridge back in. Its still out, its just printing in black like I wanted and I don't know why it wouldn't do this the last two days!

• Mind Blown 1
2 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

Mr lookeyloo had a prep that was 8 oz of a solution followed by a lot of water over time, then later another 8 oz of solution and a lot more water over time.  It was his easiest most tolerable prep.  We are in a big city with a lot of doctors, so this must be a viable option.  From what I know, there are a lot of options for preps.  

I used this type of prep once, too.  It was in two smaller bottles and had to be followed with more liquid.  I was told it has been taken off the market, however.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 2
5 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

I used this type of prep once, too.  It was in two smaller bottles and had to be followed with more liquid.  I was told it has been taken off the market, however.

Well, bummer.  Maybe they will reformulate it to bring it back

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

The funny thing is, I did NOT put the color cartridge back in. Its still out, its just printing in black like I wanted and I don't know why it wouldn't do this the last two days!

Don't you know that printers are sentient beings whose purpose is to frustrate people and whenever possible, to drive them out of their minds?

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
59 minutes ago, awaken said:

No worries :-)  I'm not too worried about drinking the stuff (although I haven't tasted it yet so the jury is out on that one!). It's not eating and being hungry for that long.  I get really hangry and easily triggered.  Even fasting for bloodwork for an am dr appointment is dreadful.  

Being  hungry is an issue for me also.  I tend to get light headed and fuzzy minded. My Dr said I could do clear liquid as long as it in not red. Surprisingly clear liquid includes Coke. I bought Vitamin Water lemon I believe. You might be able to do chicken broth. Which may give you enough to keep you some what full. After I started the drink ( known also as The Devils drink) I did not want anything. Be sure and buy the softest TP you can, have a good book and I always wear a house dress. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, crazycatlady58 said:

Being  hungry is an issue for me also.  I tend to get light headed and fuzzy minded. My Dr said I could do clear liquid as long as it in not red. Surprisingly clear liquid includes Coke. I bought Vitamin Water lemon I believe. You might be able to do chicken broth. Which may give you enough to keep you some what full. After I started the drink ( known also as The Devils drink) I did not want anything. Be sure and buy the softest TP you can, have a good book and I always wear a house dress. 

Agree with all of this.  There is a cream to use after the TP - balmex?  That helps.  I made yellow jello, had broth at the ready, etc.  Wanted none of it.  I also get hangry but, once I started drinking, couldn't even fathom having anything else.  Also, stay Very Close to the potty.  Usually no warning!!

• Love 3
(edited)

Thanks for the all of the toaster recommendations.  I've written them all down and will do some research in the coming weeks.  Normally, I love appliance shopping, but I've been dragging my feet with the toaster. 

The 2-bottle prep is still available under the brand name Clenpiq.  It looks like they offer a coupon that can be used as a lot of insurance companies won't cover it.  https://www.clenpiq.com/.  One of the YouTubers I watch had the option of using it, and she said it was a lot more tolerable than the others.  

Edited by sixlets
  • Like 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

My guess is that people were taking the prep, but not following with the amount of clear liquids that is required to clean you out completely, and to avoid kidney or other system damages.       

Some G.I. doctors here still do the 2 bottles of Miralax, but tell you exactly how much water or other liquids you have to follow it with.   However, if you have kidney issues, they don't use that prep.  

• Useful 1
16 hours ago, Suzn said:

Don't you know that printers are sentient beings whose purpose is to frustrate people and whenever possible, to drive them out of their minds?

They are in cahoots with the routers!

• LOL 16

I suppose the good news is that my printer and router seem to be behaving themselves.  @Suzn and @Liddy52 - it has occurred to me that they are located close to each other in my home office.  Hmm. . . 

Other good news is the lab report; the polyp that was removed during the colonoscopy is benign. But it's a type that can be pre-cancerous, so the doc recommends that I have my next colonoscopy in three years. I'm okay with that. 

The weather news is all about how many areas are experiencing serious heat waves right now. It's hot here, but nothing we haven't seen before, and TBH we've had it worse in the past. I'm happy to be indoors during the day with the A/C going. It does tend to cool off here overnight. I hope everyone is staying safe and as comfortable as possible during this stretch of super hot weather in so many places. 

• Like 4
  • Love 9

Speaking of printers:  I am really liking my new HP 7301 tank printer.  Set up was very easy, and it is working like a champ.  I have not done any scanning yet (I'll start that project next week) but, so far, this seems to be a very dependable printer.  I have always had good luck with HP printers, so I'm glad I stayed loyal to the brand this time.  I have it set up on a MacBook pro and an iMac desktop with the new M1 chip.   I hope it lasts as long as my past HPs have lasted.  (My friends who purchased an Epson tank printer are still having connection issues--but that might be on them and not the printer).

• Like 3
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

Speaking of printers:  I am really liking my new HP 7301 tank printer.  Set up was very easy, and it is working like a champ.  I have not done any scanning yet (I'll start that project next week) but, so far, this seems to be a very dependable printer.  I have always had good luck with HP printers, so I'm glad I stayed loyal to the brand this time.  I have it set up on a MacBook pro and an iMac desktop with the new M1 chip.   I hope it lasts as long as my past HPs have lasted.  (My friends who purchased an Epson tank printer are still having connection issues--but that might be on them and not the printer).

My Epson wireless printer often refuses to speak to my computer...

• Sad 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, Jeeves said:

The weather news is all about how many areas are experiencing serious heat waves right now. It's hot here, but nothing we haven't seen before, and TBH we've had it worse in the past. I'm happy to be indoors during the day with the A/C going. It does tend to cool off here overnight. I hope everyone is staying safe and as comfortable as possible during this stretch of super hot weather in so many places. 

It's so hot here that I went to an opera in an outdoor amphitheater recently, and one of the tenors nearly sweated his fake mustache off during the first act. He never once flinched or let it affect his singing, but I think they must have superglued that sucker to his face during the intermission. LMAO 

Edited by Zella
  • Like 4
  • Sad 2
  • LOL 4

Is anyone having problems with the forums? I was only able to reach the main page, not the forums, for a few hours. @Absolom suggested exiting the browser and it worked for a few tries. Now is crap shoot whether I get in the thread I click or if it goes to the main page. TIA for any help. I hope I explained it adequately.

• Thanks 1

You might want to report the problem in the Bugs forum. You'll need to tell them if you're on a phone, iPad, or regular computer, and operating system. If it's a site wide problem, they can work to fix it. 

I've accessed the site on both my phone and tablet without incident.

• Love 1
On 7/21/2022 at 4:44 PM, Jeeves said:

I suppose the good news is that my printer and router seem to be behaving themselves.  @Suzn and @Liddy52 - it has occurred to me that they are located close to each other in my home office.  Hmm. . . 

Other good news is the lab report; the polyp that was removed during the colonoscopy is benign. But it's a type that can be pre-cancerous, so the doc recommends that I have my next colonoscopy in three years. I'm okay with that. 

I am glad your lab report turned out well, and its great you are being proactive and staying on top of things. 

Yes, everyone stay cool and hydrated if you are experiencing extreme heat. I have some days off next week, having an outing with my Mom, with a friend for her bday and then seeing a cousin I haven't seen in a hot minute.

Shopping and lunch, I have no funds for shopping between Cavendish's vet bill, new water heater (which is great, I can tell the water gets hot so much faster), and a stove line repair in my Mom's unit-not complaining, this is life, but when you get hit with these big expenses in a row you think "I need to tighten my belt for a little while!" It's amazing how much you can save when you are disciplined. 

• Like 6
  • Love 3

I had a lousy night's sleep. It stormed much of the night with a lot of lightning. It was actually kind of cool! I gave up on trying to sleep and got up at 4:45, opened the blinds and watched the storm in the dark. I'm grateful to be retired, so I can nap later if I need to. It seems to be letting up now, just kind of overcast and wet. 

• Like 5
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, awaken said:

I looked up the European royals as mentioned in the dillards’ thread. They all look like generic white guys to me. 

Do NOT be talking bout my Carl-Philip!!!🤣

We have a entire fan club for him in the The Royals thread. Hats off to @BlackberryJam for always sharing all the cute photos. 

image.jpeg.b5f63073ddfca3db6401126a737e8f82.jpeg

4CA87FA2-F8D7-4FE3-85E1-436D296693E7.jpeg

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, awaken said:

I looked up the European royals as mentioned in the dillards’ thread. They all look like generic white guys to me. 

I think Carl Philip is delicious, but I am pretty indifferent to both Felipe and Fred. I may have nearly started a few riots on the Royals thread with my indifference to Fred. LOL

• LOL 6
  • Love 5
17 minutes ago, Zella said:

I think Carl Philip is delicious, but I am pretty indifferent to both Felipe and Fred. I may have nearly started a few riots on the Royals thread with my indifference to Fred. LOL

Fred does nothing for me. I like guys with dark hair, so Carl Phillip is on my to-do list. 😀

• Wink 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Fred does nothing for me. I like guys with dark hair, so Carl Phillip is on my to-do list. 😀

I can see objectively that they're all nice looking guys, but none of them really does it for me.

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

Yes but you have rain. We are in a drought. 

same here, the drought. gonna be humid and hot here again today. right now, it is nice out but its not quite 6a.m. !!

• Like 3

I woke up this morning to a brown sky.  I guess the fires near and around Yosemite are blowing our way, and our AQI is over 160.  I decided to stay home from church.  I usually love the 30 minute drive because the mountains are so beautiful, but I have decided I prefer breathing.  So another day inside with the windows closed.  With the smoke as bad as it is, I can't even have the windows open at night.  This too will pass, but I hope it is soon.  High temps and smoke are a bad combination.

• Sad 19
1 minute ago, CalicoKitty said:

I woke up this morning to a brown sky.  I guess the fires near and around Yosemite are blowing our way, and our AQI is over 160.  I decided to stay home from church.  I usually love the 30 minute drive because the mountains are so beautiful, but I have decided I prefer breathing.  So another day inside with the windows closed.  With the smoke as bad as it is, I can't even have the windows open at night.  This too will pass, but I hope it is soon.  High temps and smoke are a bad combination.

i get it. i go out my front door multiple times a day to check the mountain across the street for signs of smoke. i dread the thought of another fire there but its inevitable. and yes, i keep my house  closed up most of the time for the same reasons. i work to breath on a good day so, yeah. 

• Hugs 1
  • Sad 5
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

I woke up smelling smoke this morning. I don't know of any fires closer to me than the Yosemite ones. ☹️

• Sad 9
17 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I woke up smelling smoke this morning. I don't know of any fires closer to me than the Yosemite ones. ☹️

Apparently the Oak fire, which is near Yosemite, I think, is spreading smoke far and wide.  I'm a little over 100 miles away, but the smoke has made its way over the mountains.

• Sad 8
14 hours ago, BetyBee said:

We're having stormy weather in Chicagoland. When it stops storming, the humidity has been unbearable! Today's high will be only 84. Not bad!

It has been so humid! Even for me! And I’m someone who thinks humidity is a god send for my skin and hair. But it was storming so much early this morning Cosmo had to be convinced to go potty! I did not hear the 5:40am whimper like normal. 

• Like 3
  • Hugs 2

As of this morning the Oak Fire near Yosemite is still out of control, and the air quality here is still in the unhealthy range at 154 (our AQI is usually under 20).  The smoke just settles in and covers the valley.  High 90's in temperature and smoke is not a good combination.  I have to go to PT in a few minutes, and then I guess I will be staying in again today.  I'm glad I don't have anything major I have to do.  

• Sad 18

In happy news, Robin Hood and Maid Marion plushies have a new home. (The kind in the photo, I couldnt find a photo of my own without my sister in it)

In 2021 I stalked eBay to find these plushies for my sister, and she was overjoyed for about 6months, and then in her “plushie edit” they went to toward the kitchen trash (her caregiver saved them) I washed them in the washing machine and planned to sell them again on Mercari/PoshMark.

A daughter of a woman my Mom sees at pulmonary rehab brought a Barbie doll every week (she's 34 as well), they got to chatting about their shared experiences. Last week my Mom observed she didn’t have it and the woman said her daughter lost the doll. 

My Mom asked me if I had sold those plushies yet, and although I wasn't sure these would be a decent replacement for her Barbie I said it would be okay to try. But I warned my Mom that the other woman might be insulted- you know how Mother’s can be over their kids. My Mom pitched a fit once because someone bought my sister a Grinch at school (“you give the ugliest  doll to the child who can’t talk”), my sister loved it, she thought it was a cat. (My Mom and her moments I swear)  

But- They were a hit! The plushies have a new home with someone that will enjoy them. 

89EB2AD0-FCB6-4929-AB96-CF59E9068EB1.webp

• Like 2
  • Love 21

Progress of some sort on the Oak Fire near Yosemite.  This morning they say it is about 26% contained, but our air quality here is still above 150.  Predictions are that we should have "good" air quality by the weekend.  About 40 structures have been burned, and some people have lost everything.  I'm not sure if they did not evacuate when they were told to, or the fire moved too fast.   I've read that we are in the longest drought in over 40 years, and the forests are super dry.  I am so envious when I read posts here about how much it is raining in other parts of the country.  We need rain so, so badly.  I wish we could take everyone's excess!

• Like 1
  • Hugs 7
  • Sad 7
47 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

I am so envious when I read posts here about how much it is raining in other parts of the country.  We need rain so, so badly.  I wish we could take everyone's excess!

I wish you could too! Droughts are so hard on people, animals and vegetation! 

• Love 8

It had been trying so hard to rain earlier in the week here - a little spritz, a little sprinkle - well last night was a crazy success with heavy duty downpours. It didn't break the humidity though, but it looks like a nice weekend before we creep back into another heatwave.

• Like 5
  • Love 1