Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Prayer Closet

Message added by Scarlett45

This is a reminder that the Politics Policy is still in effect.

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss political social media posts of those in the Duggar realm- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

Political discussion is not allowed in this forum- this includes Small Talk topics. Please stay in the spirit of the policy- I have noticed a tendency for some to follow the letter but not the spirit.

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

While we understand the frustration (change is never easy), please keep in mind that not everyone feels the same way and that for those members who don't, the ongoing conversation about other forums and chat options can equally be a cause of frustration.

Out of respect for your fellow posters, we kindly ask that you continue any discussion about alternatives via PM or the Technically Speaking: Bugs, Questions, & Suggestions area.

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, louannems said:

I know I don't often post in this thread but I do read it.  And now I need information!

Last night, around 3 am, evidently my cell phone called my sister in law.  The phone was on my bedside table with the volume turned off.  I use the phone for the time.

I did not call her!  I was sound asleep when I was awakened to my phone vibrating.  It was my sister in law, saying that I had called her three times.  I assured her I did not call and all was well.

The next morning, I checked the call log and it showed that I did call her three times, then she called me.  But I know I didn't!  And DH was sound asleep.

Is this spoofing?  I thought spoofing didn't show on the call logs.  I don't know what to think.

This came shortly after I apparently was one of those old ladies who fall for the Apple gift card scam.  I did, I'm embarrassed to say and am out $400!

If you have an auto dial app, perhaps your sister’s number got set to auto dial.  My hone does crazy stuff. I’m getting ready to get a new one.  I think I’m going to leave my Android.  

• Love 3
On 10/9/2021 at 7:02 PM, Mindthinkr said:

I’m sorry to hear that, but to be honest I’ve never even heard of the Apple gift card scam. 
Is it possible that you sleep dialed her? 

I've never been a sleep walker, or sleep eater so I really don't think so.  The phone is only a month old but maybe it's a virus.  I did power it down and restart it.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

This Saturday my Mom and I are headed to the cemetery to view my Godmother’s grave. (My Mom got the info from a mutual friend)

For those that weren’t posting/do remember the drama then, my godmother had bile duct cancer and my Mom (her BFF of 50yrs) was medical power of attorney; my godmother left her husband with 3 weeks to live because she was sick of his hoarding and wanted to be properly cared for as long as she had left. He didn’t like it and pitched a fit, spent those next 3 weeks harassing us all. 

My godsister (My Godmother’s youngest) was in-trusted with with the funeral and burial arrangements which were completely planned after my Godmother was diagnosed. But she decided she would rather financially profit and keep the money for the funeral/burial and let the harassing husband (who pitched a fit and put his foot under her husband’s wheel to stop my Godmother from leaving) plan the funeral. (which of course we weren’t invited to)

Needless to say I cannot fuck with that woman any more. We are done. She sent me a birthday gift and I said “thank you”- the end. We are done. My godmother specifically did not want to be with her husband and his people when they were on GOOD TERMS much less after she left him with the last bit of fight in her. 

My Mom has not set foot in a cemetery for 46 years since she buried her own mother. For all the years I was a child (until I could drive myself) I would be sent in the funeral car with other relatives to the cemetery. She didn’t even drive there and sit in the car! She firmly kept herself at the church and directed the catering for the repass. So this is going to be an experience. 

• Love 10
13 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

This Saturday my Mom and I are headed to the cemetery to view my Godmother’s grave. (My Mom got the info from a mutual friend)

For those that weren’t posting/do remember the drama then, my godmother had bile duct cancer and my Mom (her BFF of 50yrs) was medical power of attorney; my godmother left her husband with 3 weeks to live because she was sick of his hoarding and wanted to be properly cared for as long as she had left. He didn’t like it and pitched a fit, spent those next 3 weeks harassing us all. 

My godsister (My Godmother’s youngest) was in-trusted with with the funeral and burial arrangements which were completely planned after my Godmother was diagnosed. But she decided she would rather financially profit and keep the money for the funeral/burial and let the harassing husband (who pitched a fit and put his foot under her husband’s wheel to stop my Godmother from leaving) plan the funeral. (which of course we weren’t invited to)

Needless to say I cannot fuck with that woman any more. We are done. She sent me a birthday gift and I said “thank you”- the end. We are done. My godmother specifically did not want to be with her husband and his people when they were on GOOD TERMS much less after she left him with the last bit of fight in her. 

My Mom has not set foot in a cemetery for 46 years since she buried her own mother. For all the years I was a child (until I could drive myself) I would be sent in the funeral car with other relatives to the cemetery. She didn’t even drive there and sit in the car! She firmly kept herself at the church and directed the catering for the repass. So this is going to be an experience. 

I'm glad you and your Mom can go visit the grave and say your good-byes your  own way @Scarlett45. I'm sure she misses her lifelong BFF very much. 

• Love 10

@Scarlett45, wishing you and your mom well for what looks to be quite an emotional cemetery visit. I remember the bad behavior by your godmother's kin. SMH at how selfish and disrespectful people can be. It's wonderful that your godmother had your mother and you in her life. Sending virtual hugs to everyone - with an extra-cuddly hug to Cosmo. Who, as someone upthread said the other day, is definitely living his best life with you. ❤️

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, BetyBee said:

I'm glad you and your Mom can go visit the grave and say your good-byes your  own way @Scarlett45. I'm sure she misses her lifelong BFF very much. 

Thank you Betybee. My Mom is an only child, my god mother was the closest thing to a sibling that she had. I know you are going through it too after the loss of your older sister. I am so sorry.

29 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

@Scarlett45, wishing you and your mom well for what looks like quite an emotional cemetery visit. I remember the bad behavior by your godmother's kin. SMH at how selfish and disrespectful people can be. It's wonderful that your godmother had your mother and you in her life. Sending virtual hugs to everyone - with an extra-cuddly hug to Cosmo. Who, as someone upthread said the other day, is definitely living his best life with you. ❤️

Thank you. What really gets me about all this, is that my godmother did EVERYTHING anyone could do to prepare for the end of their life. It was all arranged, all her daughter had to do was PDF the document and send it to the funeral home. The only "work" for her was to choose the plot (either buy a group of plots for her family in the future or just one). She KEPT THE MONEY, and let her mother be buried SPECIFICALLY where she did not want to be. IF she needed the money THAT BADLY***, cremate her and then bury her in your family plot when you get one later. My Godmother desperately wanted to outlive this pandemic to have a grand funeral (she loved attention), and she didnt get that. I still have not watched the Duke of Edingburgh's funeral because it is too much for me (any other time I would've been up to watch it the day of).

But she loved me and gave Cosmo to me. I know I was loved, and I want to do right by her and give Cosmo the best life I can. To honor her and him. 

I was lucky. I was loved, I was protected, I was provided for- I have no regrets about anything I do for those that came before me. But the rest of these fools....they just dont know!

***You know she sent us a video of her walking into her newly built house after closing a few weeks ago? My Mom responded, I did not.

• Love 9
13 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

I’m sorry as this isn’t going to be nice, but I hope it’s haunted. 

The Muppets Laughing GIF

If there is an afterlife I would be afraid. My godmother was a feisty woman- she would haunt her “I told you I didn’t want to be buried there!”

• LOL 9
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

My son-in-law did a pregnancy photoshoot of my daughter the other day, and got some absolutely gorgeous pictures. I just have to share this because, 1) I figure I can get away with it since her face is not visible, 2) I thought some here might appreciate that you can, indeed, take a pregnancy picture without clutching your vagina, and 3) Atheists can exemplify modesty and elegance without even breaking a sweat.

008aa538ec2fd673ebff0c58abe81bab.jpg

She looks very pretty. I like the red gown with the green backdrop (the lush grass and the trees), it’s very striking and the composition is nice. 

I am childfree and have never been pregnant, but the women clutching their stomach has never bothered me. It’s their own stomach so whatever. Some people twirl their hair or bite their nails (which I think is weirder).

• Love 9
9 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

My son-in-law did a pregnancy photoshoot of my daughter the other day, and got some absolutely gorgeous pictures. I just have to share this because, 1) I figure I can get away with it since her face is not visible, 2) I thought some here might appreciate that you can, indeed, take a pregnancy picture without clutching your vagina, and 3) Atheists can exemplify modesty and elegance without even breaking a sweat.

008aa538ec2fd673ebff0c58abe81bab.jpg

Absolutely stunning! And congratulations! 👶🏻

• Love 5
On 10/5/2021 at 10:10 PM, Suzn said:

Why couldn't you have said, "I see you've forgotten your mask" and offered them a mask.  If they refused, you wouldn't need to get real confrontational, just say you were sorry, but you wouldn't  be able to treat them.

That is exactly how I started- "Oh!  I see you forgot your mask!  We have plenty here for you to use."  And she flatly stated she wound not wear one.  I said it's our county's law as well as our practice's requirements since our population is <12 and unvaccinated, many immunocompromised, and she had no reaction.  Since I am vaccinated and wearing a mask, I felt safe, it was just the blatant refusal when they were told ahead of time, it's the law, and we politely offered a mask, that totally threw me off.  I just didn't have a script in my head for how to handle it- I've never run into an anti-masker in person, you just don't see people without them indoors here, and I just kind of went blank!  Next time I'll have a more ready response!

On 10/6/2021 at 11:31 AM, Rootbeer said:

We also have a rule against anyone under 18 accompanying a patient for any visit, but not so lucky there.  We are seeing a lot fewer patients bringing their kids, but it still happens.  We don't say much, we understand that a lot of people have childcare issues.  I must day things run more smoothly when the patient doesn't have a small child with her, though.

As for running late, we have been issued an edict stating that a patient who arrives late MUST be seen, no matter how late they are.  Obviously, these rules are being made by people who do not actually see patients themselves.  We have had people turn up an hour and a half late or on the wrong day and the supervisors claim they should not be turned away.  Realistically, I think 15 minutes or so is a reasonable amount to allow, just like with restaurant reservations.  We also don't mind seeing people if they call and let us know that they got a flat tire or got lost or had a sick kid or something and we are aware of a general time frame for their arrival.

Yes, same here- we don't allow extra kids along for the appointment but people still do it. I try to be compassionate, since I've been in the position of needing to take my toddler with me to an appointment, but from a caregiver's perspective, it really makes the appointment challenging when the parent's focus is on keeping their kid happy and they can't take in anything we're saying because they're trying to give the kid snacks or put their show on the ipad or deal with a tantrum.   

And yeah- people who are flagrantly late (not those who are trying their best but got stuck in traffic, etc and call ahead!) don't seem to realize that we have patients after them, who have arrived on time, who deserve to seen in a timely manner. Or that staff need to get home to their own families, or aren't being paid overtime in order to see them.  

• Love 6
1 hour ago, awaken said:

That is exactly how I started- "Oh!  I see you forgot your mask!  We have plenty here for you to use."  And she flatly stated she wound not wear one.  I said it's our county's law as well as our practice's requirements since our population is <12 and unvaccinated, many immunocompromised, and she had no reaction. 

I truly don't understand this, my pulmonologist has required masks for everyone entering and no extra people with patients unless they are essential caregivers for at least 10yrs now. not a law, but the office required it for the safety of their patients. no mask, no entry. only now are the front office workers fearful to speak up and get hit with hostility. it is sad.

mr crazy8s is, as of today, the only person in his dept allowed to work in person at a regional headquarters for a major banking facility. He is the only one in his dept. who has been vaccinated and the only one who did not go to a dept. event last week. from that event 4 so far covid positive, 2 of those 4 hospitalized. 2 others claim their sniffling and cough are just allergies and 2 children under 12 who were at the event are ill. All of them are anti mask/anti vax. One guy actually called a hospitalized guy a sissy for being "weak". that guy ended up being the second one admitted to the hospital.

now all 25 or so people have had building access removed and the last guy there covering for everyone in all of facilities is the one guy who got the vaccine in april and had to show proof today.

2 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

Whoever here (I think it was here) that suggested the "How to Live Like a Tudor" book--Thank you.  I found it very interesting and well researched.  I learned a lot (and I'm glad I live now and not then).

Sounds very interesting!

2 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

Whoever here (I think it was here) that suggested the "How to Live Like a Tudor" book--Thank you.  I found it very interesting and well researched.  I learned a lot (and I'm glad I live now and not then).

Oh, that was me. Thanks, I'm glad you liked the book. Confession: I got off to a good start reading it. Then with my short attention span, I left it for another book, and then a different one . . . LOL. I do intend to pick it up again and finish it. I just read, almost at a single sitting, Nowhere Girl: A Memoir of a Fugitive Childhood, by Cheryl Diamond. It's supposed to be autobiographical; if it's not all true, it's a helluva good story anyway, lol. 

@Jynnan tonnix, thanks for sharing that photo. Lovely!

So said to hear about Mr. @crazy8s' work situation, although good to know he's vaccinated and dodged the super spreader event.

Today was my long-awaited day to go to Immersive Van Gogh. A friend texted me in March to ask if I'd like to go; she got our tix. It seemed so far away when we booked it; I can't believe we're already in mid-October! And, it was kinda pricey, but worth it. Of course, since I seem to never go anywhere anymore, my idea of "kinda pricey" may be out of date. 🤣  The friend I attended with, lives in a town 1.5 hours away from me. We mostly see each other at photo meetups, so it was good to sit and chat today.

At lunch we talked about her next door neighbor, who'd become a friend over the past year or so. The neighbor was over 65, and quite anti-COVID-vaccine. She died day before yesterday, from COVID, about three weeks after she was hospitalized for it. The poor woman left behind a really cute little dog - and bless her heart, she not only specified in her will the person she wanted to take the dog, the will gives that person $10K so the dog's needs will be provided for. No, it's not my friend, lol, it's someone else. 

I got my flu shot last Friday.  I expect my HMO will notify us by blast email when the FDA rules on the Moderna booster situation, so no booster vaccine for me just yet. 

@Love2dance and @Scarlett45, I got a chuckle from the idea of Scarlett's late godmother haunting her daughter's new house. Heh.

• Love 7
14 hours ago, Jeeves said:

Oh, that was me. Thanks, I'm glad you liked the book. Confession: I got off to a good start reading it. Then with my short attention span, I left it for another book, and then a different one . . . LOL. I do intend to pick it up again and finish it. I just read, almost at a single sitting, Nowhere Girl: A Memoir of a Fugitive Childhood, by Cheryl Diamond. It's supposed to be autobiographical; if it's not all true, it's a helluva good story anyway, lol. 

@Jynnan tonnix, thanks for sharing that photo. Lovely!

So said to hear about Mr. @crazy8s' work situation, although good to know he's vaccinated and dodged the super spreader event.

Today was my long-awaited day to go to Immersive Van Gogh. A friend texted me in March to ask if I'd like to go; she got our tix. It seemed so far away when we booked it; I can't believe we're already in mid-October! And, it was kinda pricey, but worth it. Of course, since I seem to never go anywhere anymore, my idea of "kinda pricey" may be out of date. 🤣  The friend I attended with, lives in a town 1.5 hours away from me. We mostly see each other at photo meetups, so it was good to sit and chat today.

Going to immersive Van Gogh here in a few weeks.  I've really been looking forward to it.  First heard of it on Emily in Paris which is really the only good thing, other than the cute clothes, I got out of the 3 or 4 episodes I saw.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
20 hours ago, Rootbeer said:

Going to immersive Van Gogh here in a few weeks.  I've really been looking forward to it.  First heard of it on Emily in Paris which is really the only good thing, other than the cute clothes, I got out of the 3 or 4 episodes I saw.

I went to Immersive Van Gogh in June. It was right after I hurt my back badly, so I wasnt in my best mood, but it was very pretty, calming and relaxing. My Mom really liked it.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
21 hours ago, Rootbeer said:

We went here and it was magical. so different.

• Love 3
46 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

So a year ago, I began counting my calories (mainly through WW) and increasing my activity to lose weight. My goal was 50lbs in a year. My official year is tomorrow but I am 46lbs down. 

I am pleased. I do have a sedentary job and hate exercise, so I have been doing walking videos and walking Cosmo as my primary form of activity. I am at the point I need to drop my calories again. I admit I am not hungry but I am sometimes sad "thats all the food?". Weighing, measuring and tracking everything helps me. As the world has opened up I have been going out more which Is why my calorie deficit is smaller I am sure (also Cosmo does not like to take long walks in hot weather).

I want to see if I can lose another 20lbs before my trip to Morocco in the spring. But I am now at the point where a lot of my pants DO NOT fit, (work pants), I happened to be shaped like a fertility statue so pants get longer before they fall off, but two pairs of summer work pants almost had my undergarments showing and that just wont do (because they were falling down). I do have a belt, and I am wearing some pants that used to be slimmer cut as now a more wide leg style. 

I am going to get through winter before I invest in more nice clothes. 

Thanks for the support!

Congratulations! Losing weight plus exercise is a health gift to yourself. It’s awesome you were able to stay the course even with family drama and a pandemic. You should be proud of yourself.

• Love 10
14 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

Congratulations! Losing weight plus exercise is a health gift to yourself. It’s awesome you were able to stay the course even with family drama and a pandemic. You should be proud of yourself.

You're very sweet. Honestly WFH made things easier. Easier to weigh out portions, easier to keep track of calories (if I dont bring it in the house I cannot eat it). In the summer I would take walks at 5pm even if Cosmo didnt want to go (he hates the heat). I never did that in "before times", the lack of commute does give me a lot of time back in the day.

I am going to keep with it for at least another six months, and continue to track calories another 6months after that. 

• Love 12
7 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

So a year ago, I began counting my calories (mainly through WW) and increasing my activity to lose weight. My goal was 50lbs in a year. My official year is tomorrow but I am 46lbs down. 

I am pleased. I do have a sedentary job and hate exercise, so I have been doing walking videos and walking Cosmo as my primary form of activity. I am at the point I need to drop my calories again. I admit I am not hungry but I am sometimes sad "thats all the food?". Weighing, measuring and tracking everything helps me. As the world has opened up I have been going out more which Is why my calorie deficit is smaller I am sure (also Cosmo does not like to take long walks in hot weather).

I want to see if I can lose another 20lbs before my trip to Morocco in the spring. But I am now at the point where a lot of my pants DO NOT fit, (work pants), I happened to be shaped like a fertility statue so pants get longer before they fall off, but two pairs of summer work pants almost had my undergarments showing and that just wont do (because they were falling down). I do have a belt, and I am wearing some pants that used to be slimmer cut as now a more wide leg style. 

I am going to get through winter before I invest in more nice clothes. 

Thanks for the support!

good for you!!  i am also on WW (loosely) and have shed 30 pounds in the last year. i have been stuck for a while. my exercise is limited but i am wearing a step counter again these days. my next-but-not-final goal is 15 pounds more by thanksgiving. doubt i will make it but i will still try. oh and btw, i dont really accurately measure my food. i eyeball my portions tho. 

on another note, got the moderna shot #3 this past monday. it was not a 'booster' -- it was the full dose. i asked what is the difference in the shot and the booster and was told no difference.  ugh. it hurt. got a palm-sized welt for a few days and i had more of a reaction this time. two days in bed resting and then a 3rd day of getting dressed but hanging out at home.  my medical group is set up at our local mall and giving the shots to anyone that qualifies. i wish my husband would go get his.  then our household would be finished.  and i am aware that the fda or the cdc have not fully approved as of this day but i am super high risk so i wanted to do everything i can to stay healthy. 

is there anything better than a nice hot cup of coffee in the afternoon? 

• Love 11

@CalicoKitty The copies of your brother’s book have arrived. I ordered 4 as 3 will be Christmas gifts. I began it this morning. Looking through it before beginning,  my initial impression is that I’m going to find it comforting. My plan is to read a chapter per day and see where the journey takes me. Thank you for telling us about it 

• Love 5
22 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

You're very sweet. Honestly WFH made things easier. Easier to weigh out portions, easier to keep track of calories (if I dont bring it in the house I cannot eat it). In the summer I would take walks at 5pm even if Cosmo didnt want to go (he hates the heat). I never did that in "before times", the lack of commute does give me a lot of time back in the day.

I am going to keep with it for at least another six months, and continue to track calories another 6months after that. 

That's great! I've been having some minor success with losing weight as well since the medication they put me on after my heart scare a few months ago discourages alcohol. Not that I was an absolute lush or anything, but we did used to have wine with dinner pretty much every night, and more often than not kill the bottle. Sometimes two. Nowadays, I limit myself to one 4 oz glass per week. so it's definitely made a difference in my typical calorie count, plus I don't get the munchies in the middle of the night, so there's that, too. I had lost five or six pounds over the summer between all the gardening and swimming (I pretty much hate most exercise too), and am down about six or seven more beyond that now. Coupled with the 20 or so pounds I had lost a few years ago, I'm beginning not to hate what I see in the mirror. I've bought a few things in a size medium which actually fit well, while most of my existing wardrobe is XL. Even my skin is looking a lot better, so it's definitely been worth it!

• Love 20
On 10/15/2021 at 6:00 PM, zoomama said:

good for you!!  i am also on WW (loosely) and have shed 30 pounds in the last year. i have been stuck for a while. my exercise is limited but i am wearing a step counter again these days. my next-but-not-final goal is 15 pounds more by thanksgiving. doubt i will make it but i will still try. oh and btw, i dont really accurately measure my food. i eyeball my portions tho. 

on another note, got the moderna shot #3 this past monday. it was not a 'booster' -- it was the full dose. i asked what is the difference in the shot and the booster and was told no difference.  ugh. it hurt. got a palm-sized welt for a few days and i had more of a reaction this time. two days in bed resting and then a 3rd day of getting dressed but hanging out at home.  my medical group is set up at our local mall and giving the shots to anyone that qualifies. i wish my husband would go get his.  then our household would be finished.  and i am aware that the fda or the cdc have not fully approved as of this day but i am super high risk so i wanted to do everything i can to stay healthy. 

Hot coffee with Bailey's Irish Cream added?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2

So we went to the cemetery today- it was a very beautiful and peaceful place, but my Mom was angry. Angry that her friend’s wishes weren’t followed, angry at the daughter, angry at the husband…..

WHO has not had my godmother’s name added to the headstone!!! I bet you he will never have her name added to the family headstone with his cheap self. We were able to find her via a GPS locator service through the cemetery (you put in your name/email, they send you a link good for 15min, and you enter in your loved one and select the person based on name and burial date).

We took flowers which the daughter offered to pay for- good, you know since you kept the entire burial insurance policy for your own personal use, you can spare the $55 for the flowers. 

So my Mom has told some of their friends what happened. They want to get a marker for her. But it’s not our plot to mark! I’m leaving it to them to figure out how to get that done if they want to do it. 

My Mom thanked me for taking such good care of her and my sister, and being nice to her even when she is old and grumpy and moves really slowly. 🥰

• Love 20

Hey I would like to request prayers, good thoughts ect please.  Earlier to day my cousin's daughter made a Facebook post. She said she just wanted to say goodbye and love y'all. My aunt   her grandmother,  made a joking reply of ' I didn't say you could go anywhere,  love you. '  She did nor reply. There were other posts requesting her to reply.. One saying " Answer the damm phone. Her father ask for a response and received no answer. I ask if someone could go check on her and her dad replied that they were. At this time I have not heard anything, they live out of state so we just have to wait.  It may be nothing but I am sure you know where my thoughts are going. I have not seen her since she was a child so I am not close yo her..but still..

1 hour ago, crazycatlady58 said:

Her mother said she was at her sisters. I guess she did not think about how  her post could be read. I am not sure why she did not answer her phone but am very relieved she is ok. Thank everyone for their response. This is a great group. 

What a relief. So glad she is ok.

• Love 12
11 hours ago, crazycatlady58 said:

Her mother said she was at her sisters. I guess she did not think about how  her post could be read. I am not sure why she did not answer her phone but am very relieved she is ok. Thank everyone for their response. This is a great group. 

I am glad she is okay as well!

• Love 7

So in the interest of fairness- My Mom talked to her friend today who’s Mom died right before Covid (at 104!!) she just got her name on the headstone last month. 

There are only 2 engravers in our county right now, and they cannot engrave in certain temperatures.

I’m assuming the next county over (where the cemetery is) has similar numbers.

So there may be a legitimate reason why my Godmother’s name isn’t on the headstone. I just wanted to put that out there in the universe. 

• Love 15
18 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

WHO has not had my godmother’s name added to the headstone!!! 

I had to keep reminding my cousin to complete his dad's headstone with his death date.  He lives within 50 miles of the cemetery.  I live 2300 miles away.  He finally did it after about 8 years.  If I hadn't said something, it would still be blank.  I guess some people just don't care.  I think that is disrespectful.

• Love 3

Our fires are now mainly out/contained, so the air is finally clear again.  The little bit of snow we had this week was just what we needed.  Now we are contending with bears who were burned out in the forests.  Poor things are starving and have come down to the valley looking everywhere for food.  They are destroying people's fruit trees and going through garbage cans.  Reports of bears breaking into cars have been posted.  I have not seen any in my area, but they are in neighborhoods nearby.  People are posting pictures of them in their yards.  It is really sad.  I won't drive alone at night right now.  We are used to deer, but not bears!

On 10/15/2021 at 7:00 PM, zoomama said:

Congrats to all of those who have worked hard to improve their health!  I find it very encouraging.  I was doing well myself, but I seem to have lost my way.  Regrouping to get my act together soon, though. My last doctor visit showed I had gained 12 pounds since Covid.    Not good, but I actually thought the number was greater than that! 😃😂

Zoomama, I’m planning on getting third full dose of Moderna later this week.  I’ve considered the half dose (booster)  that’s on the horizon , but decided not to wait. I’m amazed when healthcare professionals use Moderna booster and third dose interchangeably.  

Does anyone have any idea of  why when you read reviews n PLUSH mattresses, so many say the mattress is firm?  What do you do if you don’t want firm?  Ultra plush?

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Does anyone have any idea of  why when you read reviews n PLUSH mattresses, so many say the mattress is firm?  What do you do if you don’t want firm?  Ultra plush?

i dont know but speaking for me, i have a sleep number that i can adjust the firmness _ mine is at about 60%.  also, i have slept on a firm regular mattress with one of those egg crate style cushions and it was fabulous.

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Zoomama, I’m planning on getting third full dose of Moderna later this week.  I’ve considered the half dose (booster)  that’s on the horizon , but decided not to wait. I’m amazed when healthcare professionals use Moderna booster and third dose interchangeably.  

I’m traveling to a different state in December. Not during the holidays. For this reason I’m going to get my third Moderna booster soon. I want to give the immunity time to build. Also to protect me over Thanksgiving when I will see a few family members (4). 
I also want to get a flu shot, but not the same day. 

• Love 5

I think they are saying you can get the flu shot at the same time as a covid vaccine, but that doesn’t work for me.  No way. I need several days to be in bed after the covid third dose. I hope I’ll be surprised and it’s not as severe this time.  

I’ll probably still be staying away from most people for the holidays, except for some that I know well and we are in well ventilated areas.  It’s great numbers are coming down, but I know of at least 5 people in my community who are in ICU with covid since last week. Most of them are not vaxxed though.  

• Love 4

Well of all things I had a reaction to the flu shot!!  It wasn't as severe or as long lasting as the two Moderna shots, but, it surprised me.  I think I read somewhere that our immune systems haven't been exposed to anything for a long time, so that's why the flu shots could have a reaction.  It also makes sense when people say do not keep small children so protected their immune systems can't work.  Of course I am for vaccines and wouldn't suggest exposing anyone to a serious illness on purpose, but, sometimes a little bit of germs is a good thing.

• Love 12
20 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I think some brands make a medium firmness. I can’t sleep on plush anymore. They make my back hurt and have once I hit mid thirties. Personally, now that I’ve gotten older and heavier, I prefer luxury firm. I have a Simmons Beautyrest luxury firm with a pillow top that is to do for. My mom has a luxury firm Simmons Black Label adjustable bed. Worth every penny!

Edited by Ijustwantsomechips
  • Love 4
34 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

Well of all things I had a reaction to the flu shot!!  It wasn't as severe or as long lasting as the two Moderna shots, but, it surprised me.  I think I read somewhere that our immune systems haven't been exposed to anything for a long time, so that's why the flu shots could have a reaction.  It also makes sense when people say do not keep small children so protected their immune systems can't work.  Of course I am for vaccines and wouldn't suggest exposing anyone to a serious illness on purpose, but, sometimes a little bit of germs is a good thing.

I know what you mean.  I haven’t ever had a reaction to a regular flu shot except for a  sore arm.  So……I’ll plan it.  I heard one should drink plenty of water around the time you get the injections.   I took my dad to get his flu shot today.  He got the regular one, not the super one.

Ref. Sleep number bed.  It sounds awesome, but I sleep hot and I think I should stick with a regular innerspring mattress.  I’ve read about hybrids, cool gel, etc., but am not convinced.  And, it’s not in my budget right now.  Lol

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

I’m traveling to a different state in December. Not during the holidays. For this reason I’m going to get my third Moderna booster soon. I want to give the immunity time to build. Also to protect me over Thanksgiving when I will see a few family members (4). 
I also want to get a flu shot, but not the same day. 

I was in Walgreens yesterday and ask. I was told there was not a Moderna booster.  Were will you get it?

• Useful 1

For Moderna there is a third dose - not a booster - for immunocompromised patients only.  The booster is not called a third dose and is likely going to be authorized at half the strength of the first two doses.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
54 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

I was in Walgreens yesterday and ask. I was told there was not a Moderna booster.  Were will you get it?

Right, but it’s thought the Moderna half dose, which will be their booster, will be approved soon…maybe this week by FDA.  I’m getting the Moderna third, full dose from Wallgreens.  

• Love 4

RE: Sleep Number Bed.  I have had them for years, and I do not find them to sleep hot.  They just sleep extremely comfortable.  They make a good selection with different depths of and different kinds of padding, and in a wide price range.  I never intend to buy anything else.  I have found my "mattress fit".

• Love 6
2 hours ago, crazycatlady58 said:

I was going to try my local Walgreens or Walmart. Both of which advertised that they have it. If none are available there I will contact my local health department. Unfortunately I live in an area where lots of people are saying no to being vaccinated. I will say my neighbors have all been and I’m fortunate for that. 

• Love 4

So we have a frosty situation here this morning. I tried to use my remote start on my regular set of keys and the lights flashed, but the car didn’t start. Okay, so I grabbed my extra set, went out and manually started the car, and locked it.

The school bus came and I went to turn the car off and my remote wouldn’t unlock the door. The reason it wouldn’t work for the remote start became clear.

The car was running and I couldn’t get in. I called one of my sons in-law and said I needed advice. He said, your fob has a key. OMG what an obvious thing. So dopey! Got in my car and turned it off.

🛌 💤 

• LOL 2
  • Love 6