Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Prayer Closet

Message added by Scarlett45

This is a reminder that the Politics Policy is still in effect.

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss political social media posts of those in the Duggar realm- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

Political discussion is not allowed in this forum- this includes Small Talk topics. Please stay in the spirit of the policy- I have noticed a tendency for some to follow the letter but not the spirit.

While we understand the frustration (change is never easy), please keep in mind that not everyone feels the same way and that for those members who don't, the ongoing conversation about other forums and chat options can equally be a cause of frustration.

Out of respect for your fellow posters, we kindly ask that you continue any discussion about alternatives via PM or the Technically Speaking: Bugs, Questions, & Suggestions area.

• Start Topic

We were talking about Bruce Springsteen's arrest for DWI last November.  It seems the story is a bit less than what it seemed at first.  He was on his motorcycle in the national park and stopped to take a photo with some fans, one of whom offered him a shot of tequila which he drank.  He then rode off.  A park ranger happened to see it and immediately stopped him for DWI.  He apparently didn't pass the field sobriety test but his blood alcohol was 0.02, well below the legal limit of 0.08.  It seems you can be charged with DWI even if your blood alcohol is not elevated if the arresting officer feels you are impaired.  Not the best judgement, drinking shots of tequila in a national park where alcohol is illegal, but not exactly blatantly flaunting the law by driving drunk, either.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2021/02/11/bruce-springsteens-blood-alcohol-well-under-the-legal-limit-report-says/

Sorry, I'm a big Bruce fan and I'm glad to see it wasn't quite what it seemed.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Useful 5
  • Love 11

Emma, I am so sorry you are having so much trouble dealing with your mother.  It sounds like you're between a rock and a hard place.  She really doesn't take proper care of herself but isn't quite frail enough to agree to more supervision.  I don't envy you.

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

We were talking about Bruce Springsteen's arrest for DWI last November.  It seems the story is a bit less than what it seemed at first.  He was on his motorcycle in the national park and stopped to take a photo with some fans, one of whom offered him a shot of tequila which he drank.  He then rode off.  A park ranger happened to see it and immediately stopped him for DWI.  He apparently didn't pass the field sobriety test but his blood alcohol was 0.02, well below the legal limit of 0.08.  It seems you can be charged with DWI even if your blood alcohol is not elevated if the arresting officer feels you are impaired.  Not the best judgement, drinking shots of tequila in a national park where alcohol is illegal, but not exactly blatantly flaunting the law by driving drunk, either.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2021/02/11/bruce-springsteens-blood-alcohol-well-under-the-legal-limit-report-says/

Sorry, I'm a big Bruce fan and I'm glad to see it wasn't quite what it seemed.

I saw this on another page here.  I'm pleased to hear my idol did not drive drunk.  This reads to me like the park ranger had an axe to grind with Bruce and most likely Bruce's not-so-subtle politics.  

• Love 10

I too hate to drink. Water or fluids that is.  I discovered Figi water and what a difference it is. I buy it at Walmart by the case. Water always gave me an aftertaste but not the Figi. I try to keep a bottle by my chair. 
Another good drink is Bai Coconut Water. It’s like a party in your mouth. I also treat myself to really good tea. Mighty Leaf is my newest. My granddaughter shared hers, she got from a fellow, that works in a big Chicago restaurant RL!  It comes in a little net bag. Makes tea time special!

Re the cost of any of the above I always equate it with the cost of a doctor visit or a hospital stay!  It’s a pretty cheap supplement!  Hope this helps.

Edited by Jeanne222
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Jeanne222 said:

I too hate to drink. Water or fluids that is.  I discovered Figi water and what a difference it is. I buy it at Walmart by the case. Water always gave me an aftertaste but not the Figi. I try to keep a bottle by my chair. 
Another good drink is Bai Coconut Water. It’s like a party in your mouth. I also treat myself to really good tea. Mighty Leaf is my newest. My granddaughter shared hers, she got from a fellow, that works in a big Chicago restaurant RL!  It comes in a little net bag. Makes tea time special!

Re the cost of any of the above I always equate it with the cost of a doctor visit or a hospital stay!  It’s a pretty cheap supplement!  Hope this helps.

One thing Mama's nephrologist frequently cautioned about was drinking Coke. Mama loved Coke with certain foods but we were told it would cause the dehydration to worsen. So that was another struggle.  

• Love 5

Another story time!

On our (meaning Cosmo and I) walk this late afternoon (it seems like we are getting a good walk rhythm down, if I don't have meetings I will take him out at 10am and 4pm, and just start my work day a little early, and finish up my last admin things when we get back from our 4pm walk) I saw a pair of PINK LIPS sticking out of the snow. Low and behold as it appeared, it was a PHONE CASE, with an iPhone 12 inside. I checked to see if it still had power (a little bit) and I called the emergency contact- "I I have your friend's phone, the iPhone 12 with the pink lips on the case!" a great idea on my part, as she made arrangements to come to my house to collect it after I let it charge. However she was able to reach the owner via FaceTime on her computer, as she turned around and went home looking for her phone she dropped in the snow!

I am so glad I was able to get her phone back to her rather quickly. Who wants to lose their phone on a Friday night??

• Love 21
10 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Another story time!

On our (meaning Cosmo and I) walk this late afternoon (it seems like we are getting a good walk rhythm down, if I don't have meetings I will take him out at 10am and 4pm, and just start my work day a little early, and finish up my last admin things when we get back from our 4pm walk) I saw a pair of PINK LIPS sticking out of the snow. Low and behold as it appeared, it was a PHONE CASE, with an iPhone 12 inside. I checked to see if it still had power (a little bit) and I called the emergency contact- "I I have your friend's phone, the iPhone 12 with the pink lips on the case!" a great idea on my part, as she made arrangements to come to my house to collect it after I let it charge. However she was able to reach the owner via FaceTime on her computer, as she turned around and went home looking for her phone she dropped in the snow!

I am so glad I was able to get her phone back to her rather quickly. Who wants to lose their phone on a Friday night??

How lucky she is that YOU found it. What a great story.

• Love 7

I kinda want that phone case now. 🤣It was cute.

So I have never been a "phone case gal"- ive always gotten a new case when I got a new phone, and MAYBE a charging case (I didnt get one for my iPhone 7 which was the phone I had before I got this iPhone 11 in January 2020, which I did buy a charging case for, low and behold haven't needed it because where have we been GOING the last year??), but I never changed out my phone to match my outfits or the seasons. 

Guess who many phone cases I have for this iPhone 11? Lets count- the one on there now (a nice blue gold marble from Burga), an aqua teal silicone (Apple), bright orange silicon (amazon), leopard with a kick stand and built in phone right (amazon), halloween print (amazon), christmas print with a tiny polar bear on it my sister thought was adorable (amazon), AND a leopard charging case (Casely) which I will eventually use I suppose when I start leaving the house all day again. 

SEVEN. Seven phone cases, for a phone I will probably keep another two years and then I can upgrade and sell the cases on Poshmark in a bundle for $15 for all of them. 

This is COVID BOREDOM.

• LOL 15
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

My grandson doesn't drink enough plain water and gets constipated very easily no matter how many vegetables we feed him.  I now send Bai Coconut water by the case to the house.  If he drinks even a bottle a day, he doesn't get constipated.  It's well worth the price in his case.  My daughter sends me that tea.  🙂

• Useful 6
  • Love 3
51 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I kinda want that phone case now. 🤣It was cute.

So I have never been a "phone case gal"- ive always gotten a new case when I got a new phone, and MAYBE a charging case (I didnt get one for my iPhone 7 which was the phone I had before I got this iPhone 11 in January 2020, which I did buy a charging case for, low and behold haven't needed it because where have we been GOING the last year??), but I never changed out my phone to match my outfits or the seasons. 

Guess who many phone cases I have for this iPhone 11? Lets count- the one on there now (a nice blue gold marble from Burga), an aqua teal silicone (Apple), bright orange silicon (amazon), leopard with a kick stand and built in phone right (amazon), halloween print (amazon), christmas print with a tiny polar bear on it my sister thought was adorable (amazon), AND a leopard charging case (Casely) which I will eventually use I suppose when I start leaving the house all day again. 

SEVEN. Seven phone cases, for a phone I will probably keep another two years and then I can upgrade and sell the cases on Poshmark in a bundle for $15 for all of them. 

This is COVID BOREDOM.

The timing of this post is too funny.

I used to tell my kids, If your old enough to have *insert expensive item here*, then you need to be responsible and take care of it. When I got my first smart phone my oldest instructed me to get an OtterBox because he said they protect phones well. So like a studious and obedient little mommy, I've always stuck with OtterBox cases. Just a couple of days ago I was showing my oldest pictures of fun phones cases and the little shit looked me in straight in the eyes and said, If your old enough to have that Samsung, then you need to be responsible and take care of it.

Your post is making me so jealous. I'm sooooo tired of my somewhat ugly phone cases. But now I'm afraid I'll drop my phone and break it if I get anything but an OtterBox. 

(Oh no, my kid has Duggarized me)

• LOL 15
  • Love 1
50 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

The timing of this post is too funny.

I used to tell my kids, If your old enough to have *insert expensive item here*, then you need to be responsible and take care of it. When I got my first smart phone my oldest instructed me to get an OtterBox because he said they protect phones well. So like a studious and obedient little mommy, I've always stuck with OtterBox cases. Just a couple of days ago I was showing my oldest pictures of fun phones cases and the little shit looked me in straight in the eyes and said, If your old enough to have that Samsung, then you need to be responsible and take care of it.

Your post is making me so jealous. I'm sooooo tired of my somewhat ugly phone cases. But now I'm afraid I'll drop my phone and break it if I get anything but an OtterBox. 

(Oh no, my kid has Duggarized me)

Lol. I do believe in the power of a protective phone case and screen protector. I actually really like the silicone because of the grip- I always text one handed and with these slick cases I need a ring, which stops me from using a wireless charger which is the future, so I’ll likely be sticking to silicone. 

• Love 5

So, I have been accused by various family members of being capable of tearing up anvils. For the record, I have never destroyed an anvil, though my previous victims have included a TV set and a can opener. (I swear to God, I don't know how I broke the damn can opener, and I have never lived it down! I tripped and broke the TV, but I feel like they should have known better than to make me carry it.) 

For that reason, I have never been brave enough to get anything but OtterBox phone cases plus ArmorSuit screen protectors. My Otterbox is kind of a fun polka dot design, but in the grand scheme of fun phone cases, it's pretty tame. I am not sure they even make it anymore.

Every now and then, I want a more shiny phone case, but I am terrified of the potential consequences. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 7

Had my second Covid vaccine on Thursday.  For those of you who have posted that you have blocked off some  days off afterwards,  that is not a bad idea at all. My sister,  husband and I all experienced low grade fevers, aches and chills. Nothing too serious,  but enough to be kind of miserable for a day. A friend slept for several days and had a bad headache.  At least we know that the discomfort means that the vaccine is working the way it should.  A small price to pay. For those of you who are having a hard time getting your vaccine,  I hope things improve quickly for you and it becomes available to you. It is a tremendous relief to have it done. 

Edited by Liddy52
Typos
  • Love 19
19 hours ago, Absolom said:

My grandson doesn't drink enough plain water and gets constipated very easily no matter how many vegetables we feed him.  I now send Bai Coconut water by the case to the house.  If he drinks even a bottle a day, he doesn't get constipated.  It's well worth the price in his case.  My daughter sends me that tea.  🙂

Oh I'm happy to know it's helping him.

I love, love the tea.  I'll need to get the exact mix we love so much.  A fellow granddaughter was dating worked at Ralph Lauren restaurant and it's what they serve for their tea time.  It's so delicious.

So we got our second dose of covid vaccine.  The roads were terrible and I was scared to drive but upward and onward.  Went really slow and we did quite well.  Got there ahead of the crowd that was waiting for the snow to stop.  No line and I think we were third to be called.

So happy that's behind us and maybe some of the fear of covid is behind us!

Will be so happy when those millions of doses the government has ordered reach our communities and everybody gets theirs.

We are helping by not filling up hospitals, needing ventilators and wearing out exhausted health care workers!

Edited by Jeanne222
  • Love 12

I just spent the last hour scooping heavy wet snow and I have some thoughts:

1) I am too old for this shit.

2) This is why we moved clear across the country, dammit, to NOT SHOVEL SNOW. It’s supposed to RAIN here. That I can deal with.

3) Why is it that the Weather People say this is seven inches when there is an entire foot of snow out there and I know because I measured it. LIARS. 

I am NOT HAPPY.

This concludes today’s Whinefest. Tune in again tomorrow, as apparently we are not done.

• LOL 11
  • Love 10

My turn to whine then. I've had lower back pain for a few days. I've been gentle with myself, but kept moving. Anyway, today I woke up in horrible pain, barely able to walk. I can't get up from sitting unless my husband helps me. I'm taking Tylenol and alternating heat/cold, but it's not getting much better. I can't imagine the challenges a trip to the doctor would bring. I can't imagine getting in & out of the car. Plus it's the weekend and we're having another snowstorm. I've had back issues before, but never this bad. It feels like a muscle issue on my lower left back. I'm afraid to lie down! It actually feels best if I am up shuffling around. 😕

Sorry @BetyBee, that sounds miserable! This is going to sound bizarre but if you have a foam roller or even a heavy rolling pin, try rolling your front upper thigh muscles. I was having trouble straightening up and having crappy back pain for a while and read that our quadriceps getting too tight can throw our lower backs out of alignment. Who knew?

I have a big foam roller and I lie on it and roll out my quads a few times a week now. It’s really helped...even Mr. Wiser is a convert to this, and he’s in the automatic “no” stage of life. (Example: “My neck is killing me.” “Want an ibuprofen?” “No.” “Want the heating pad?” “No.” “Want to lie down?” “No.” It’s a very special season of life. 🙄)

Hope you feel better...

• Useful 4
  • Love 7
4 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Sorry @BetyBee, that sounds miserable! This is going to sound bizarre but if you have a foam roller or even a heavy rolling pin, try rolling your front upper thigh muscles. I was having trouble straightening up and having crappy back pain for a while and read that our quadriceps getting too tight can throw our lower backs out of alignment. Who knew?

I have a big foam roller and I lie on it and roll out my quads a few times a week now. It’s really helped...even Mr. Wiser is a convert to this, and he’s in the automatic “no” stage of life. (Example: “My neck is killing me.” “Want an ibuprofen?” “No.” “Want the heating pad?” “No.” “Want to lie down?” “No.” It’s a very special season of life. 🙄)

Hope you feel better...

I do have a foam roller. I couldn't possibly lay on it the way I am feeling today, but I will definitely do so when I improve. Thanks for the tip!

• Love 4
44 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

I just spent the last hour scooping heavy wet snow and I have some thoughts:

1) I am too old for this shit.

2) This is why we moved clear across the country, dammit, to NOT SHOVEL SNOW. It’s supposed to RAIN here. That I can deal with.

3) Why is it that the Weather People say this is seven inches when there is an entire foot of snow out there and I know because I measured it. LIARS. 

I am NOT HAPPY.

This concludes today’s Whinefest. Tune in again tomorrow, as apparently we are not done.

Western Washington?  We have about eight inches in Kent.  I don't mind since its been awhile since we've had it plus I'm retired and no longer have to worry about driving to work in snow!

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, louannems said:

Western Washington?  We have about eight inches in Kent.  I don't mind since its been awhile since we've had it plus I'm retired and no longer have to worry about driving to work in snow!

Yep, Kitsap county! I don’t have to go anywhere either; I’m just being a giant whiny baby about it because we moved here from the northeast to get away from the 6-7 feet of snow every year. (The year we had to hire a bulldozer to dig us out because the snowplow guy’s giant truck couldn’t handle the accumulation anymore kinda tore it. That and shoveling drifts taller than my head!)

And it’s amazing how much snow a 75# retriever can pack into his undercarriage, legs and feet and then cheerfully spread through the house as he gallops around inside post-snow pee...

Edited by Oldernowiser
  • LOL 6
  • Love 5
13 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Yep, Kitsap county! I don’t have to go anywhere either; I’m just being a giant whiny baby about it because we moved here from the northeast to get away from the 6-7 feet of snow every year. (The year we had to hire a bulldozer to dig us out because the snowplow guy’s giant truckcouldn’t handle the accumulation anymore kinda tore it. That and shoveling drifts taller than my head!)

And it’s amazing how much snow a 75# retriever can pack into his undercarriage, legs and feet and then cheerfully spread through the house as he gallops around inside post-snow pee...

My 11 pound poodle bichon has to hop through the snow and it's too deep for her!  I can't even pick the snow off her curls.  She is melting in front of the gas fire.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, BetyBee said:

I do have a foam roller. I couldn't possibly lay on it the way I am feeling today, but I will definitely do so when I improve. Thanks for the tip!

Do you have a regular doctor? I used to get lower back spasms, and my doctor would give me prescriptions for just a few pain meds and muscle relaxants. Doctors usually have someone ok call you can talk to in these emergencies.

6 minutes ago, Turquoise said:

It looks like I get to go pick up my Valentine tonight 😀

Yay!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, BetyBee said:

Did you happen to reach down and the pain hit?  I've done that a few times and it takes about a week to right it's self.  Tylenol and hot shower water does help some.

Edited by Jeanne222
  • Love 2
18 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Cosmo and Blake are getting along pretty well. Blake is fine with him- so long as Cosmo isn’t barking. Aerial view from my lap during tv time tonight. 

311201FA-2DFA-4123-9ED7-38A75AB5441E.jpeg

I love seeing these two get comfortable with each other!  😊

I have a situation of dog and cats.  My dog, Sushska, is an outside dog with good insulated dog houses and a big yard to patrol and defend, but due to the arctic blast we are suffering, she is now a house dog.  My cats have differing views of this development - Freya is fascinated with Sushka and flirts and sniffs her and Loki, my burly alpha male is scared of her.  He was getting a HUGE brushed tail and freaking out.  He was so angry with me that he wouldn't even sit on my lap; on the second day, he sat on my lap but would not purr.  They are slowly reaching a détente and Loki will go in the same room with her now, but he doesn't take his eyes off her.  

• LOL 6
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Suzn said:

I love seeing these two get comfortable with each other!  😊

I have a situation of dog and cats.  My dog, Sushska, is an outside dog with good insulated dog houses and a big yard to patrol and defend, but due to the arctic blast we are suffering, she is now a house dog.  

What kind of a dog is Sushska? We have a Central Asian Shepherd who absolutely hates being indoors. The longest he'll last inside is three hours before he's at the door, whining to go out. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

What kind of a dog is Sushska? We have a Central Asian Shepherd who absolutely hates being indoors. The longest he'll last inside is three hours before he's at the door, whining to go out. 

Shepherds of all kinds are restless and like to be busy, I think!

1 hour ago, Oldernowiser said:

@Suzn, who’s that beautiful Aussie in your avatar?

Sushka is an Aussie!  I didn't have a good picture to use for an avatar so this picture was the closest I could find at the moment for my blue merle girl.  She is very bored in the house and prefers to be out watching what's going on in the neighborhood.  She doesn't miss anything.

I have to tell another Sushka story - you know what they say about how hard it is to herd cats - she can do it.  I had a Himalayan that liked a taste of the wild side and Sushka rounded him up and moved back to the house to his great dismay.  She has also done the same for Freya when she made a break for open spaces!

Here's a picture of her. (Not a great picture - I'll look for a better one later.)

IMG_2285.JPG

This shows her pink nose spots and the "spark" in her eye.

IMG_1412.JPG

Edited by Suzn
  • Love 19

She’s a beautiful girl. I miss my Aussie girl every day... she was funny, gorgeous,loyal to a fault, wicked smart, loved only me and my husband and was a bit insane, but her grinning into my face every morning never failed to make me smile.

• Love 8

RE:  the name Dick as a first name.  I had a sorority sister with the last name of Dick.  I had a student with the last name Zuck.  I had a great-uncle with the last name Butts.  The fact that his first name was Shirley did not help.  I think his kids or grandkids changed their last name after he and his wife passed.  He was a nice man.

Shirley is one of many names that were common men's names that we now consider names for women.  Leslie, Marion, Ashley, Gayle, Evelyn, and Vivian are some.  I'm sure there are others. I personally knew a Shirley (great-uncle mentioned above), a Gayle, a Marion, and a Vivian.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
15 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

Shirley is one of many names that were common men's names that we now consider names for women.  Leslie, Marion, Ashley, Gayle, Evelyn, and Vivian are some. 

I always loved how Evelyn Waugh's first wife was also an Evelyn, and their friends distinguished between them as “He-Evelyn” and “She-Evelyn." (Obviously works better with the British pronunciation of the name.)

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

So my husband and I have wanted to go out to eat for months.  We finally went tonight to one of our favorite restaurants. There were only 2 other couples there, and we were far away, so we felt safe. So nice to do something normal. And the food was soooo good. 

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

She’s a beautiful girl. I miss my Aussie girl every day... she was funny, gorgeous,loyal to a fault, wicked smart, loved only me and my husband and was a bit insane, but her grinning into my face every morning never failed to make me smile.

So smart and so independent and so sweet natured.

24 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

RE:  the name Dick as a first name.  I had a sorority sister with the last name of Dick.  I had a student with the last name Zuck.  I had a great-uncle with the last name Butts.  The fact that his first name was Shirley did not help.  I think his kids or grandkids changed their last name after he and his wife passed.  He was a nice man.

Shirley is one of many names that were common men's names that we now consider names for women.  Leslie, Marion, Ashley, Gayle, Evelyn, and Vivian are some.  I'm sure there are others. I personally knew a Shirley (great-uncle mentioned above), a Gayle, a Marion, and a Vivian.

I had a great-grandfather Marion.  Here's another formerly male name - Beverly.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, CalicoKitty said:

I love name talk!  I once had a client named Reverend Foot. Also a Mrs. butts, and a Mrs. slaughter. Mrs. cheezum was also a memorable one. We have a male friend Marion. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Do you have a regular doctor? I used to get lower back spasms, and my doctor would give me prescriptions for just a few pain meds and muscle relaxants. Doctors usually have someone ok call you can talk to in these emergencies.

Yay!

I do! I think I may ask for something if I'm still feeling this bad tomorrow. I do feel like a muscle relaxant would help, even for just a couple of days. I've been doing some chair yoga for back pain exercises and they are helping. I've also been sitting in a hard chair rather than the couch. It's easier to get up and sit down, so I think I'm improving. But sleeping is tough. The slightest shift causes spasm in the same place. I went to bed really early and got up at 3am when I couldn't stand to be lying down anymore. This is the worst back pain I've ever had! I don't like this "season of life" right now!

17 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

even Mr. Wiser is a convert to this, and he’s in the automatic “no” stage of life. (Example: “My neck is killing me.” “Want an ibuprofen?” “No.” “Want the heating pad?” “No.” “Want to lie down?” “No.” It’s a very special season of life. 🙄

Husband is also currently in the “no” season of life. Sometimes I don’t even have to finish the sentence, “Sweetie, do you...” “NO!” 

Yes, it is a very special season of life indeed... 🙄

• LOL 3
  • Love 9

Sending thoughts and prayers to everyone in the path of these dangerous winter storms. I am in Georgia and we are not supposed to be impacted,  but watching the Weather Channel makes me uneasy for the people who are facing such hazardous conditions.  Please stay safe!

• Love 12

Happy Valentines day, everyone!  

@ChiCricket don't worry about being crabby and venting. We all need to do that once in a while.

On the subject of names, I knew a Dr once whose last name was Coffin. 

31 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

I saw this and thought it might give some of you a laugh. 

3969246C-F745-4E17-B7DA-A13002BF1647.thumb.jpeg.22882c4ad7f6aba4d729917abcbd91b9.jpeg

Happy Valentines Day to Everyone ❤️

The link is broken.  😞

Edited by QuinnInND
  • Love 3

We had a dentist named Dr. Fierre (pronounced Fear) when we were kids. He was an a** - he slapped my sister when she was crying about treatment hurting. You know, to calm her down 🙄 😠

Years ago, we had a client named Melvin Pancake.

13 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

We had a dentist named Dr. Fierre (pronounced Fear) when we were kids. He was an a** - he slapped my sister when she was crying about treatment hurting. You know, to calm her down 🙄 😠

Years ago, we had a client named Melvin Pancake.

He slapped her and is still alive? Your parents were nicer than I would have been. No I would not kill him ,he may have wished he was dead after I finished but I would not kill him.

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

He slapped her and is still alive? Your parents were nicer than I would have been. No I would not kill him ,he may have wished he was dead after I finished but I would not kill him.

Sadly, I don't think they did anything about it.