Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Prayer Closet

Message added by Scarlett45

This is a reminder that the Politics Policy is still in effect.

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss political social media posts of those in the Duggar realm- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

Political discussion is not allowed in this forum- this includes Small Talk topics. Please stay in the spirit of the policy- I have noticed a tendency for some to follow the letter but not the spirit.

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

While we understand the frustration (change is never easy), please keep in mind that not everyone feels the same way and that for those members who don't, the ongoing conversation about other forums and chat options can equally be a cause of frustration.

Out of respect for your fellow posters, we kindly ask that you continue any discussion about alternatives via PM or the Technically Speaking: Bugs, Questions, & Suggestions area.

• Start Topic

@zoomama, that's what hoaxers do, they use real facts and twist them into slightly plausible, awful scenarios.

@louannems, I think you need to do what you're comfortable with. When one of our kids stops by, we visit outside. She wears a mask when she enters the house because she works with the public. None of us like it this way, but she would be beside herself it she were to get any of us sick.

As far as avatars, I enjoy speculating about them. I also find them helpful if I'm tagging someone, to know if I have the right person.

• Love 7
(edited)

Good morning, online friends.

@Scarlett45, I still use a photo of my dog Jasper as an avatar on a few sites. He went to the Rainbow Bridge last November but I like seeing his face when I go to those sites so I'm not changing it. Maybe someday. 

@louannems, I hear ya. I want to get out and live my life, but there are so many unknowns about COVID 19. One clear fact is that the number of cases is growing fast in some states and slowly in others - but the curve heading upward is a fact in most of the country. And our national response is - chaotic. I'm coming to really understand that I can't take my cues from what others are doing and yet it can be easy to watch other people going about their daily lives in what appears to be a normal way and think, hey maybe I can too . . . 

I've made it through the pandemic pretty well but finally hit some kind of wall the other day. Like pretty much everyone else, I'm so tired of the isolation. But then I was hit by a wave of fear and worry like I hadn't felt before, very personalized fear. I'm old and overweight and although I've checked out fine so far, I have a family history of heart disease. For the first time since this mess started, I wondered if I'd live out 2020 or catch this damned virus and die. And yesterday I risked infection over something stupid. Had called a well-respected car audio business to see about improving the system in an old vehicle I've bought (another story). Hopped in and drove over to let them see the vehicle and give me an estimate. I put on my mask before walking in. It's a big open space with very high ceilings and they had doors at each end open, with hand sanitizers all around. And a sign on the door that no customers would be allowed to stay inside waiting for their cars - recommending you arrange to be picked up when you drop off the car. Okay. But. They weren't wearing masks. Sigh. We stayed 4 to six feet apart but I hope to heck my brief time in there won't prove to be lethal. We were mostly outdoors so he could look at my car, me on one side of my car and he was on the other. 

So yeah, I'm thinking I hope my obit doesn't say she died because she couldn't stand driving a car without Bluetooth. Morbid humor, but it's okay. I'm actually chuckling. And no I'm not going to take the car in for a new audio unit right now. I'll manage.

Edited by Jeeves
Hit the enter key by mistake. Urgh.
  • LOL 1
  • Love 17
10 hours ago, fonfereksglen said:

Several months ago, I was scoffed at when I wished we were still in the dead of Winter when the worst hit.  Like in Italy and Spain.  Pretty easy to control social activity when it is cold outside!

I think that’s why I was okay the first month of the stay at home order. It was the end of winter in Chicago (which lasts 100years!) and I don’t go outside if I can help it because humans are a tropical species hot damn! When it started to warm up it got harder. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
(edited)
1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

I think that’s why I was okay the first month of the stay at home order. It was the end of winter in Chicago (which lasts 100years!) and I don’t go outside if I can help it because humans are a tropical species hot damn! When it started to warm up it got harder. 

I get ya. I'm in Denver where winter's not quite as hard as Chicago's. But still, I was wearing a rotation of sweatshirts and jeans during the first few months of the stay at home thing. Now I'm in polo shirts and crop pants, so yeah I wanna go out and play!

BTW, my COVID sweatshirts are going to be a project for me one of these days. They're nice (but not super costly) ones that I got from I think hantesoutlet.com onehanesplace.com. Nice fabric and colors. Well, here comes the pandemic. I'm very short on disinfecting wipes but well supplied with Clorox Cleanup spray cleaner and white cleaning cloths. When venturing around this condo building - and inside my own condo - I made liberal use of that. Inevitably, all those sweatshirts now bear bleach spots, streaks, and splashes. My project is to make it intentional. I'm going to do a sort of reverse tie-dye treatment on them. Using bleach instead of dye, to create all over patterns. 

Unless, of course, I choose to donate my COVID isolation clothing to rid myself of the memories.  We'll see.

Edited by Jeeves
corrected website name
  • Love 12
12 hours ago, louannems said:

At- home fireworks are illegal in my Seattle suburban city, but the Indian reservation nearby sells tons.  All around me,  and extremely close, we hear lots of bomb like fireworks.  Super loud.

The overwhelmed PD tell us not to call and report it.  Heck, they can hear them, there's a small police office 4 blocks down the street.

At least my dog doesn't seem to mind at all.

I have a question about phase two of reopening.  We've been in phase two about a week and can now have people over.  Up to five people can gather, not counting my own household.  I'm only having my daughter over, so far.  It's wonderful seeing her again,  in person, after 3 months.

But are we supposed to wear masks around each other?  (We're not).  Are we supposed to be six feet apart. (We're not). I am having her and my husband, who's high risk, sitting at opposite ends of the table while we eat.  But that's all.

Walking my neighborhood last evening, a family was having a very big social gathering.  There were many cars parked all up and down the street and hordes of people partying in their backyard.

Theoretically, yes.  The safest way to get together with your daughter is for all of you to wear masks and stay 6 feet apart.  Getting together outdoors is also safer than indoors.  However, we've all got free will and people are doing all sorts of variations on the safety measures.  Even I, a doctor, who really does believe in this stuff, went to lunch with my college room mate yesterday.  We sat on a patio outdoors on a breezy afternoon.  The staff all wore masks and the tables were carefully spaced at 6 feet or more apart.  We both put on a mask to walk to our table as well as to go to the rest room.  Not perfect, but we're both pretty healthy and don't have people at risk at home.  Her daughter, an ortho resident in Detroit, who has already had COVID, would have a fit if she knew her mom was eating out; so my friend will keep it on the down-low and not tell her.

I presume your daughter is working from home, wearing a mask anytime she may be in closer than 6 feet while out.  Even with these measures, it is not 100% guaranteed that she couldn't have picked up the virus.  Same with you if you're going out for groceries, etc.  Since your husband is high risk, I hope he is just staying home except in emergency.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
(edited)
16 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

s. 

Unless, of course, I choose to donate my COVID isolation clothing to rid myself of the memories.  We'll see.

I bought a couple of COVID themed tees from Life is Good and they make me smile and I plan to keep them.

image.png.d837eeb928542670e039db20ef722c79.pngimage.png.480b4a012b0ad9611d60b9953f63abf9.png

Edited by doodlebug
  • LOL 8
  • Love 10
35 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Theoretically, yes.  The safest way to get together with your daughter is for all of you to wear masks and stay 6 feet apart.  Getting together outdoors is also safer than indoors.  However, we've all got free will and people are doing all sorts of variations on the safety measures.  Even I, a doctor, who really does believe in this stuff, went to lunch with my college room mate yesterday.  We sat on a patio outdoors on a breezy afternoon.  The staff all wore masks and the tables were carefully spaced at 6 feet or more apart.  We both put on a mask to walk to our table as well as to go to the rest room.  Not perfect, but we're both pretty healthy and don't have people at risk at home.  Her daughter, an ortho resident in Detroit, who has already had COVID, would have a fit if she knew her mom was eating out; so my friend will keep it on the down-low and not tell her.

I presume your daughter is working from home, wearing a mask anytime she may be in closer than 6 feet while out.  Even with these measures, it is not 100% guaranteed that she couldn't have picked up the virus.  Same with you if you're going out for groceries, etc.  Since your husband is high risk, I hope he is just staying home except in emergency.

My husband is definitely staying home, except for a few ventures into the grocery store.  I hate grocery shopping and he has done it for all of our 33 years of marriage.  But I've dutifully done it since March.

My daughter has been working throughout the pandemic.  She is a vet tech.  Her office is arranged so that the same group work together, and another group works on their days off.  Essentially quarrantined at work  and all wear masks.  Pet owners stay in their cars and the staff go out and get the pet.  Payment is done at home over the phone.

I've been following everything the governor says in Washington state.  But when we were allowed to gather in our homes with up to five people, nothing was said about masks.

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, louannems said:

My husband is definitely staying home, except for a few ventures into the grocery store.  I hate grocery shopping and he has done it for all of our 33 years of marriage.  But I've dutifully done it since March.

My daughter has been working throughout the pandemic.  She is a vet tech.  Her office is arranged so that the same group work together, and another group works on their days off.  Essentially quarrantined at work  and all wear masks.  Pet owners stay in their cars and the staff go out and get the pet.  Payment is done at home over the phone.

I've been following everything the governor says in Washington state.  But when we were allowed to gather in our homes with up to five people, nothing was said about masks.

I understand what you're saying, but I was speaking from a medical standpoint, not government guidelines.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I think the Governors and Mayors are very careful not to tell citizens what they should or shouldn't do in their own homes. I think its up to us to listen to the health experts and calculate our own risks. One thing all the experts agree on is, being in an enclosed place for an extended period of time increases the risk of infection, if an infected person is present. Masks will decrease the likelihood of transmission in any scenario. 

• Love 11
19 minutes ago, louannems said:

When I visit people in their home we have made the decision not to wear masks and are visiting like normal.

I am meeting with 3 different friends that live near by who are all WFH right now. Since I’m getting to see people I have actual relationships with and meet my emotional needs I’m going back to grocery delivery only to minimize my contact with others. 

Now who knows when I will get laid again because I’m scared of Covid19 to even meet guys for dates to start determining if partnered sex is something I want with them. Yes it’s a silly thing but partnered people don’t know how great they have it in that area. But then if I had to choose between living alone with no sex and having to live with someone but able to have sex I would choose the former every time. 

Covid sucks. 

• Love 15
10 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I think the Governors and Mayors are very careful not to tell citizens what they should or shouldn't do in their own homes. I think its up to us to listen to the health experts and calculate our own risks. One thing all the experts agree on is, being in an enclosed place for an extended period of time increases the risk of infection, if an infected person is present. Masks will decrease the likelihood of transmission in any scenario. 

Yup. 

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

It's a delicate balancing act with all the protests about muh freedoms. I see why politicians are remaining cautious.

The problem is I don't see many educational programs on how to properly wear a face covering. I will freely admit I haven't been wearing one because I have panic attacks if my face is covered but I don't go out much. I'm working on desensitization so I can start going places. I tried yesterday for a short period of time and I was the only person who had their nose and mouth covered that I encountered. Everyone else had medical ones just covering their mouths or pulled around their chin. If they went to talk they would pull it off completely and then put it back on! Defeats the purpose!

I got a pack of disposable medical masks this week from a local company and they came with explicit instructions about how to wear, how to wash your hands, and to not touch the mask once it is on unless it is to take it off to dispose of it.

The population is hopeless. I normally would give a sticker for trying but if you're buying disposable medical masks in the middle of a pandemic, maaaaaaybe look up how to wear them properly?

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, PikaScrewChu said:

The population is hopeless. I normally would give a sticker for trying but if you're buying disposable medical masks in the middle of a pandemic, maaaaaaybe look up how to wear them properly?

Awwww. 

My mask always covers my nose and mouth when I’m wearing it. 

When I was having Mr Norris euthanized I did start crying and that was hard in the mask, I turned around away from the vet tech before the procedure and took it off to blow my nose and put it back on. 

• Love 3

When my library was open, most people who came in weren't wearing the masks properly. Like, how hard is it to cover your fucking mouth and nose? Not hard!

• Love 13

The mask issue is real.  The message should be "wear a mask properly".  Not just wear a mask, because people think hanging it around their neck or covering their chin is wearing it. Someone I follow on Facebook (I don't like her but want to see what she is spewing) posted a picture of her grown daughter she was so proud of - wearing a sleep mask over her mouth!  Her comment was, "yes baby girl is wearing a mask". Why she would refer to the grownass daughter as "baby girl" I can't fathom.

• LOL 6
  • Love 8

i went to the local post office today to mail a box of masks to my daughter in NY. her small college expects in person classes to happen in the fall and she will need masks. Some of her co workers wanted some as well so I sent 50 to start. 

Post Office employee wearing no mask told me "OSHA said it was not mandatory and he would not wear one" 

yesterday in the grocery, an older white man was in a line of about 20 people, he was yelling over and over "get in line all you Nazi sheep with your masks"  - not even sure what that means. everyone was ignoring him, which I think was irritating to him.  I only said in passing by him "Matthew 18: - the shepherd left the 99 sheep who were safe, to look for the 1 who was lost" he shut up for a minute

• LOL 11
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, lookeyloo said:

The mask issue is real.  The message should be "wear a mask properly".  Not just wear a mask, because people think hanging it around their neck or covering their chin is wearing it. Someone I follow on Facebook (I don't like her but want to see what she is spewing) posted a picture of her grown daughter she was so proud of - wearing a sleep mask over her mouth!  Her comment was, "yes baby girl is wearing a mask". Why she would refer to the grownass daughter as "baby girl" I can't fathom.

This is where we reeeeeeeally failed with the social distancing versus physical distancing message. You think we would have learned from that disaster.

I worry that this will end up being a huge issue if people don't correct their mask wearing habits. If we can get people wearing masks properly we may have a shot at slowing this down. I'm doubtful, I think 'rona is going to end up burning through the population at this rate and destroy the economy. Woo!

• Love 6
35 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

There are also face shields as an option for those who are bothered by cloth masks.

28 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

Just ordered a couple of these today.  

It's a trend. I did too. I've been thinking about it since Monday when I saw a friend out walking her dog wearing one. I have a bunch of disposable masks, which don't bother me as much as the cloth ones, but I like the idea of the face shield enough to have ordered a couple of them.

• Love 5
(edited)

I don't think the shields are substitutes for masks. I think they protect the eyes and are added protection for the mask and also stop straight up visible fluids from a sneeze, productive cough or blood. I'm guessing if an infected person wore just a face shield their breath will go down and sideways, but will not be filtered. The same is true for an uninfected person wearing one. While someone can't breathe into your face, if their breath is in your space, the face shield can not filter it.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 6
5 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I don't think the shields are substitutes for masks. I think they protect the eyes and are added protection for the mask and also stop straight up visible fluids from a sneeze, productive cough or blood. I'm guessing if an infected person wore just a face shield their breath will go down and sideways, but will not be filtered. The same is true for an uninfected person wearing one. While someone can't breathe into your face, if their breath is in your space, the face shield can not filter it.

Our plan is both. I guess for someone unable to tolerate a mask a shield would be at least something more than nothing.  I see people driving alone in their cars wearing a mask. What? 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
Just now, lookeyloo said:

Our plan is both. I guess for someone unable to tolerate a mask a shield would be at least something more than nothing.  I see people driving alone in their cars wearing a mask. What? 

The idea is that you shouldn't take your mask off until you will be able to immediately wash your hands after removing it.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, lookeyloo said:

They may, like me, live in a condo building where they don a mask to get to their car from their condo. I have to navigate shared hallways, lobbies, and the elevator (which I don't share but who knows who's just been in it), so I'm masked. Sometimes I just leave the darn mask on once I'm in the car, especially if I'm not going very far. 

• Love 13
7 minutes ago, anyasmom said:

The idea is that you shouldn't take your mask off until you will be able to immediately wash your hands after removing it.  

Yep. You are supposed to wash your hands prior to putting on the mask. Then you are supposed to wash your hands immediately after taking off the mask and disposing of it.

• Love 8
(edited)
1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

i went to the local post office today to mail a box of masks to my daughter in NY. her small college expects in person classes to happen in the fall and she will need masks. Some of her co workers wanted some as well so I sent 50 to start. 

Post Office employee wearing no mask told me "OSHA said it was not mandatory and he would not wear one" 

yesterday in the grocery, an older white man was in a line of about 20 people, he was yelling over and over "get in line all you Nazi sheep with your masks"  - not even sure what that means. everyone was ignoring him, which I think was irritating to him.  I only said in passing by him "Matthew 18: - the shepherd left the 99 sheep who were safe, to look for the 1 who was lost" he shut up for a minute

Omg, what state is he in?  My brother is a post master for USPS in NC and he says that he and all the staff in the post office are required to wear masks. They started on day one months ago. He even went and bought plastic shower curtains with his personal money to hang up to protect those that work the front desk as an emergency measure, until they could get plexiglass installed.  This was before it became law in NC even to wear mask. Now it's pretty much required. I was out today running errand. Didn't go into any store or business, but, noticed that MOST people that I saw did have them on.  Fantastic!

I saw the comments about the plastic shields and may order some to wear on top of my cloth mask. Just to help with extra coverage and to protect the eyes.  

My friends and I Facetime weekly and also text, email and chat by phone a lot. None of us are ready for personal visits, lunches, etc.  That's down the road quite a bit.  Transmission is just as great as ever and so I don't see any need to lessen my precautions. 

I called the doctor's office to confirm that my colonoscopy is going to proceed this time (it's been continued twice) and they realized they had failed to order my covid test. I have to have it within 3 days before the procedure.  So, I guess this is it.  I will have it.  Fingers crossed that I'll stay safe.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 19

About face shields. The CDC at this time states on their website that they don't consider them substitutes for cloth masks.

But I've found news stories citing a recent editorial/article in the Journal of American Medicine discussing research that indicates that properly sized and fitted shields can be a substitute. 

Given the CDC's prior position that masks didn't help prevent the spread of COVID, I'm not betting the rent that their stance on face shields won't evolve over time. Not criticizing them for that, it's just that the world is learning as we go about this virus.

• Love 9
(edited)

With a face shield alone, if you coughed or sneezed, the content from your nose or mouth could easily go right onto the table, floor, etc. whatever you were near. It could easily escape from under the shield.  The cloth masks prevents that.  That's why I don't see the face shield as being that protective by itself. 

I think that they need to get busy with some HUGE PSA about wearing masks properly.  It needs to be a very popular thing to do.  If you are able to set up a cell phone, you should be able to wear the mask properly, imo.  lol   Get some big names.  Many people pay no attention to the Governor.  What about famous athletes, actors, singers, social influencers, etc.  I saw that Ice T, who plays on Law & Order SVU, tweeted about his FIL having Covid, in hospital in AZ.  He asked all to wear masks. He said it's an IQ test.  lol   

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 10
(edited)
3 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Omg, what state is he in?  My brother is a post master for USPS in NC and he says that he and all the staff in the post office are required to wear masks.

southeast Michigan - same guy has had a mask on every time before when I have been there but today he would not wait on the customer before me or me from behind the plexiglass shield and had no mask. when I was supposed to touch the screen to say there was nothing flammable etc, etc in my package I said I would not touch it since it was unsafe so he reached around and touched the screen.

I have sent out about 600 masks from the same post office and they have been very safe until today. seriously, I bring in a box and they say it's masks right? It is a small place

Edited by crazy8s
  • Love 1
44 minutes ago, dargosmydaddy said:

And then they poop it out...

Yeah @galaxychaser if you feed them they will keep coming back to the area because there’s a food supply. I know pigeons are the city’s scavengers and I want them to live out their lives but I don’t want them shitting all over my property or making nests. 

@dargosmydaddy and I are on the same page. 

• Love 6
(edited)

I don't know about Michigan, but, it sounds odd. Maybe, he's lost it.  Here's a video from the Michigan USPS about covid lobby procedure.  It doesn't mention masks!  Does you state have a mask requirement?    Ours does,  is statewide and except for a few exceptions, like medical condition, exercising, eating,  religious issue, everyone has to wear them out in public, including offices, stores, agencies, and even outdoor activities, like pumping gas, activities that are off your private land, unless you are exercising, eating, etc. 

https://usps.screenlight.tv/shares/4Do27ziTtfmZyze41lwMQIJxLgcpLens

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 3
(edited)

A mask is like a filter. It lets air in and out but catches many of our own droplets on the inside or our masks. The outside of the mask stops some of other folk's droplets from coming into our airways. Face shields don't offer the same protection because inhaled air has to come from outside of the shield and exhaled air has to go somewhere.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 3

I'm struggling to decide if it's safe for my kids to go spend the day or an overnight with my parents. My parents haven't been going out or socializing aside from a once a week trip to the grocery store (masks worn correctly, hand sanitize before getting in the car again, following all recommended guidelines, etc). We haven't been going out or socializing, aside from a few routine doctor's appointments (again, masks worn, hand washing, etc). So on one hand, I feel like we've all been so careful about exposure that it's probably fine. But then my anxiety flares and does the "but what if if isn't?" line of thinking. My mom would really love to see the kids. My parents usually take them for a weekend once a month, and haven't seen them since...February? It had already been a little while before the pandemic really hit. They've done video chatting, but that's not the same. I just can't decide and needed to vent that here. 

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, Jenniferbug said:

I'm struggling to decide if it's safe for my kids to go spend the day or an overnight with my parents. My parents haven't been going out or socializing aside from a once a week trip to the grocery store (masks worn correctly, hand sanitize before getting in the car again, following all recommended guidelines, etc). We haven't been going out or socializing, aside from a few routine doctor's appointments (again, masks worn, hand washing, etc). So on one hand, I feel like we've all been so careful about exposure that it's probably fine. But then my anxiety flares and does the "but what if if isn't?" line of thinking. My mom would really love to see the kids. My parents usually take them for a weekend once a month, and haven't seen them since...February? It had already been a little while before the pandemic really hit. They've done video chatting, but that's not the same. I just can't decide and needed to vent that here. 

I think it might have been about somewhere in Europe, where their first release on restrictions was a recommendation of a double bubble. Meaning families agree to co-mingle their households as a way of reducing isolation. A couple of posters here are doing it as well.

I totally understand your concern though. I even get mildly anxious when my child, who works with the public, comes over for a short outdoor visit. I think I would feel similar to you. Such a hard decision. I hope you find the answer that sits best with you.

• Love 14
3 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

With a face shield alone, if you coughed or sneezed, the content from your nose or mouth could easily go right onto the table, floor, etc. whatever you were near. It could easily escape from under the shield.  The cloth masks prevents that.  That's why I don't see the face shield as being that protective by itself. 

I think that they need to get busy with some HUGE PSA about wearing masks properly.  It needs to be a very popular thing to do.  If you are able to set up a cell phone, you should be able to wear the mask properly, imo.  lol   Get some big names.  Many people pay no attention to the Governor.  What about famous athletes, actors, singers, social influencers, etc.  I saw that Ice T, who plays on Law & Order SVU, tweeted about his FIL having Covid, in hospital in AZ.  He asked all to wear masks. He said it's an IQ test.  lol   

Michael Che from SNL was in the news when his grandmother died from COVID. Although it barely made a blip when he paid a month of rent for every tenant that lived in her building in her memory. He deletes his stuff so you can't find it but he name dropped a bunch of rich celebrities, including Diddy, to SAVE US. 

He does talk about the importance of testing because he's still doing gigs, albeit in the back of pick up trucks. 

• Love 8

I must confess I've pulled my mask down under my nose a couple of times in the grocery store, but only if nobody was in the aisle with me. I practice breathing in through my nose and out my mouth, so anyone sneaking up on me is somewhat safe. But walking brings shortness of breath and then not being able to take deep breaths due to the stale air in the mask gives me panic attacks, which makes me hyperventilate, which makes it even harder to breath. It's a vicious cycle, so I combat it by staying out of stores as much as humanly possible.

I confess to wearing my mask under my chin walking down the street if nobody is in sight. The moment I see someone approaching, up it goes. My street is fairly quiet, so I can get down to the mailbox on the corner and back without having to pull it up most of the time. 

• Love 7
12 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I think it might have been about somewhere in Europe, where their first release on restrictions was a recommendation of a double bubble. Meaning families agree to co-mingle their households as a way of reducing isolation. A couple of posters here are doing it as well.

I totally understand your concern though. I even get mildly anxious when my child, who works with the public, comes over for a short outdoor visit. I think I would feel similar to you. Such a hard decision. I hope you find the answer that sits best with you.

We are doing that with the sick son. We are in each other’s bubble. We stayed there the first six weeks of the quarantine but since then it is a back and forth.  Since he is sick and getting treatment and needing to be in the hospital some and having scans he has had a bunch of Covid tests all negative. 

• Love 15

We have had two of our granddaughters over for masked & distanced visits. It's been 99% outdoors, but I don't know what we'll do in the winter. I miss my kids and grandkids so much. Our twin granddaughters turned 1 and we were not there. Will we be there for birthday #2? Who knows? Will I ever hug my 89 year old Mom again? Again, who knows? It's been handled so badly in the US. It's heartbreaking, but staying alive and not risking the lives of others is the important thing. I'm going to the dentist this morning. I may isolate for 2 weeks after, just to be safe. Although my dds is taking lots of precautions.

In good news, I deactivated my FB account. I got all my albums/pics copied, so I feel good about deactivating. I decided to keep Messenger (it's the only "texting" my Mom does) for family, close friends and my women's group. Twitter is for politics in my world and I'm sick of lecture-y posts on FB. I'm feeling really good about this decision. I may delete my account later. I just wanted to keep my options open.

• Love 21

@BetyBee, I haven't deactivated my Facebook but I only check it once or twice a week. There are so many hateful posts that it just makes me angry and depressed if I spend too much time on it. I have another Facebook account that only has Internet friends who pretty much align with my beliefs. All of us have lives so it's not as active as my family/public account but it doesn't raise my blood pressure to read it.

• Love 8