Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Prayer Closet

Message added by Scarlett45

This is a reminder that the Politics Policy is still in effect.

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss political social media posts of those in the Duggar realm- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

Political discussion is not allowed in this forum- this includes Small Talk topics. Please stay in the spirit of the policy- I have noticed a tendency for some to follow the letter but not the spirit.

While we understand the frustration (change is never easy), please keep in mind that not everyone feels the same way and that for those members who don't, the ongoing conversation about other forums and chat options can equally be a cause of frustration.

Out of respect for your fellow posters, we kindly ask that you continue any discussion about alternatives via PM or the Technically Speaking: Bugs, Questions, & Suggestions area.

• Start Topic

Awww, you guys and gals!  You’re gonna have me reaching for the Kleenex.  Thanks for all your love and support.  I will be seeing the medical oncologist tomorrow at 1030. I’m on central time zone.       ???

Sort of feel like I did during game 7 of the World Series, hoping for an Astros win. (Apologies to Dodgers fans).

• Love 19
1 hour ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Awww, you guys and gals!  You’re gonna have me reaching for the Kleenex.  Thanks for all your love and support.  I will be seeing the medical oncologist tomorrow at 1030. I’m on central time zone.       ???

Sort of feel like I did during game 7 of the World Series, hoping for an Astros win. (Apologies to Dodgers fans).

We're all rooting for you, Arwen. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

You are loved and we are all in your corner.  

• Love 12
5 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Arwen--lots of 'heathen' Catholic prayers will be offered up for you tonight and tomorrow.   I totally understand the World Series analogy.  When Mookie Wilson's ball went through Bill Buckner's legs on that Saturday night during game 6 in 1986--well you can only imagine how it made me feel......

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

@Arwen Evenstar, your being happy and the joy it brought to the Houston hurricane victims are the ONLY reasons this Calif. girl is OK with the Astros win.

• Love 5

Arwen, there's a lot of love and caring on this forum for you.  It sounds like good news and hopefully it will even get better.   I am so very happy for you and for all your family and friends.  Blessings for all of you.

• Love 6

Arwen,  thank you for taking the time to post. It must have been an exhausting day. So happy that you received good news, and hope that it will continue. I think there were a lot of prayers, good vibes, and healing thoughts sent out from this forum today..

Edited by bythelake
typo
  • Love 7

Arwen, I'm so glad to hear you got some promising results. I hope you can have the surgery if that is the best next step for you and that your days of chemo are done. Whatever happens, you have a lot of support and love here. Sending you a congratulatory hug and a promise that my days of praying for you are  not over.  Much Love to you.

• Love 6

OMG you guys, sorry to keep you waiting. The tumors in my abdomen are still shrinking, one of them by 1.5 cm, the other two smaller ones also reduced in size.  The largest one lights up minimally and IIRC the other two don’t at all. Hoping to be approved for surgery this time since the lung Mets are stable and still not lighting up on the PET scan.  Thank you, Jesus!

With or without surgery, the next step is maintenance drugs to keep it at bay.  Far fewer side effects than chemo and no hair loss or neuropathy.  Sincerely hope I will be done with chemotherapy. 

And thanks to all my forum friends who prayed for me/sent out good vibes/wished me well.  The outpouring of love means a lot. 

So relieved it was positive!  Giant healing hugs!

• Love 4

YAY ARWEN! Doing a Snoopy happy dance, because that’s the kind of dork I am. Once you feel up to it you may want to check out Sunny Hostin’s report on PR for The View. Yesterday was her first one, and while heartbreaking, she did a great job. I think better than CNN because PR is her second home. I was disappointed by the lack of real support from loud mouth Whoppi, but Sunny did great.

Edited by SMama
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

OMG you guys, sorry to keep you waiting. The tumors in my abdomen are still shrinking, one of them by 1.5 cm, the other two smaller ones also reduced in size.  The largest one lights up minimally and IIRC the other two don’t at all. Hoping to be approved for surgery this time since the lung Mets are stable and still not lighting up on the PET scan.  Thank you, Jesus!

With or without surgery, the next step is maintenance drugs to keep it at bay.  Far fewer side effects than chemo and no hair loss or neuropathy.  Sincerely hope I will be done with chemotherapy. 

And thanks to all my forum friends who prayed for me/sent out good vibes/wished me well.  The outpouring of love means a lot. 

So glad!!!

• Love 3
15 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Sending full frontal hugs and kisses glad for such a positive results.  xoxoxo 

• Love 5
16 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

So glad to wake up to this news!  You are doing so well and I'm so happy for you!  <3

• Love 5

So glad to read encouraging news for @Arwen Evenstar.   She has been on my mind.

God must love my prayers "God, please heal the lady on FB who found out she has leukemia during a c-section, please heal the lady on the Duggar  forums, please heal the lady from my FB page with the aggressive breast cancer..."  My list is endless with prayers for social media friends.  :) 

• Love 17

TGIF! Happy Friday, ladies. 

Great news, Arwen. ❤️

I'm done with work travel until February. Six road trips in seven weeks is too much.  I enjoy the change of pace but would prefer it spread out through the year. 

• Love 5
On ‎11‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 8:16 PM, Arwen Evenstar said:

Wonderful news! Big frontal hugs {{{HUGS}}}

They also passed the jail bond levy where I live finally! The police and sheriff departments will be moving to another location, but at least we will have a safer detention center which is a big win for all of us.

I was in the ER the other night---horrible shoulder pain---and the nurse asked me if I needed my phone (it was in my purse) to call somebody. I asked her if it would help saw off my shoulder, if not, it was useless. She looked at me like I had 3 heads---to be fair, I was in a lot of pain (I tore my rotator cuff), it was late and I was tired, but I'm also an average 30 something who everyone would expect to be glued to a phone. 

@Loves2Dance  I hope you're getting good care and feeling better very soon. Taking care of two young children can be hard enough without being in pain.  

9 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

@Love2dance, sorry about your shoulder. Ouch!

@ChiCricket, did you say on another board you’d been in the ER as well?

Yes I was. Thanks for asking.

I had lapband surgery 7 years ago, but suddenly I was throwing up everything..even water.

It had "gone bad" somehow. So I had to have it removed two weeks ago.

But it didn't heal properly, and I ended up in the hospital last week (and was in for 5 days) with a raging infection.

Fun fact..don't get fat, and if you do, don't get a LapBand.

It was good though, because I lost 80Ibs all told....now I just am scared I'm going to start gaining again :/

• Love 4

@ChiCricket, @EVS, @Arwen Evenstar,

Thanks for the good wishes everyone, but it is actually @Loves2Dance who has the injury. I am Love2dance. We have almost twin names, but she is younger than me by many years!

Oh my goodness, Chicricket, that sounds so scary. Hope you feel much better, soon.

Editing my thought since I read your update on the other thread, loves2dance, I hope you will be able to have your surgery when it is the best time for you.

• Love 5
21 minutes ago, Love2dance said:

@ChiCricket, @EVS, @Arwen Evenstar,

Thanks for the good wishes everyone, but it is actually @Loves2Dance who has the injury. I am Love2dance. We have almost twin names, but she is younger than me by many years!

Oh my goodness, Chicricket, that sounds so scary. Hope you feel much better, soon.

Editing my thought since I read your update on the other thread, loves2dance, I hope you will be able to have your surgery when it is the best time for you.

Oops. Sorry for the mix-up. 

• Love 3
Just now, EVS said:

Oops. Sorry for the mix-up. 

I’m amazed it hasn’t happened before. The first time she posted something, and I read it, I said to myself, “hey, I didn’t say that.” And then I realized it was actually someone else. Hope I haven’t said too many things she completely disagrees with.  Hahaha.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, ChiCricket said:

It was good though, because I lost 80Ibs all told....now I just am scared I'm going to start gaining again :/

Quoting myself to say something more positive. I just had breakfast, and realized I was perfectly content just eating oatmeal alone. Before the lapband, I was ADDICTED to (very heavily buttered) bread. Now I don't even miss having toast with oatmeal. :) 7 years of not being able to eat bread of any kind without getting sick made me lose interest in it. (and I'm going to keep it that way, because bread is  like a drug to me)

Edited by ChiCricket
  • Love 9
22 hours ago, ChiCricket said:

Yes I was. Thanks for asking.

I had lapband surgery 7 years ago, but suddenly I was throwing up everything..even water.

It had "gone bad" somehow. So I had to have it removed two weeks ago.

But it didn't heal properly, and I ended up in the hospital last week (and was in for 5 days) with a raging infection.

I am so sorry!  I had a friend who had a really bad experience with lapband as well.  

• Love 3

@ChiCricket, so sorry to learn of your ordeal.  That must have been scary. Glad you’re on the mend.

@Loves2Dance, hope you get some relief from your shoulder soon and your surgery is successful.

My latest medical update: No more chemo, yay!  So relieved not to have to endure it anymore.  They say that beyond  6-8 treatments with chemo drugs really adds no incremental benefit.  I’ll be on maintenance with Avastin every 3 weeks to knock down remaining disease.  It’s got side effects, but not like chemo.  It doesn’t cause hair loss, low counts, anemia, or make neuropathy worse.  My feet are very happy about this. The surgeon doesn’t think surgery will help at this time since the Avastin is still doing its job.  I didn’t fancy being carved up like the turkey to struggle through the holidays for no real benefit.

That’s great, Arwen. I hope you continue to get better every day.

• Love 4