Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E01: Guess Who's Coming to the White Party?

• Start Topic

I'm torn. I gave up on this show during Season 3, I think, because it always ended up being just a bunch of catfights. But I've loved Lisa Rinna since her Days Of Our Lives days and am interested in seeing her and Eileen Davidson. Though from the sneak peeks it looks like more catfighting crap.

• Love 1
The ladies all come face-to-face at Kyle’s annual White Party and the over-the-top event is bigger and better than ever now that Mauricio’s real estate agency is selling houses upwards of $50 million.

Saw the First Look.  It begins with Kyle and her talking about how all is good in life and Lisa not RSVPing to the White Party.   Yolanda and Brandi meet  up and take a walk on  the beach.  They are both doing fabulous.  Lisa and Ken and Lisa has decided everyone needs to kowtow to her.  Cuts to a restaurant and Lisa is waiting and Kyle walks in and states (in a confessional) it should have been Lisa doing the contacting and she has pretty much ignored Kyle's previous attempts to get in touch.  Seems like not much as changed since Puerto Rico other than Lisa doesn't have Carlton and Joyce for support.

Yay! My Pink Diamond Queen is back! It will be interesting to see how Brandi, Yolanda and Kyle regroup after their "Takedown Lisa" plot mostly backfired on them.

There's something so lush, crisp, and beautiful about the BH franchise production values. Lisa and Yolanda's homes just ooze money through my TV.

Already I'm tired of Yolanda. Once she sells her home she will have nothing of value for me. She has to grovel at the feet of her musical genius King. Grating. Then she gushes over Gigi being a better version of her. Is this why Bella is ignored? She doesn't remind the ultimate narcissist of herself the way her firstborn does?

Brandi's going to rid herself of all negativity in her life? Is she going to start with herself? Otherwise, it's a losing proposition.

What is a Lady Sitter and why does Kyle need one?

• Love 2
Already I'm tired of Yolanda. Once she sells her home she will have nothing of value for me.

I hope the producers made this her storyline. I would ADORE an entire season of Yo and some House Hunters: Million Dollar Malibu bullshit. Every week they can take us to a different seven or eight figure home!

• Love 2

Regarding the housewives' little intros: does this mean Lisa Rinna is well-aware that her lips look ridiculous? How many times has she had them surgically plumped?

Lisa has been pretty open about her lips. If I remember correctly it was initially an implant and I don't think she did anything else. She had it/them removed on her own reality show (yes really) several years ago. It was pretty intense and it didn't heal well and she needed some extra work. Anyway, they still look pretty plumped so I'm not sure if she's added a bit since then.

She didn't like it w/o the implant and said hell with the haters who ribbed her about it and had it put back -- because she can and because it's what she wanted. I personally don't like it, but I have mad respect for her not bending to what everyone else thinks.

• Love 2

She didn't like it w/o the implant and said hell with the haters who ribbed her about it and had it put back -- because she can and because it's what she wanted. I personally don't like it, but I have mad respect for her not bending to what everyone else thinks.

Oh, OK. Her lips look bigger than they did post surgery and still swollen so new implants makes sense. I've always thought she was striking and like that she has a different look. It works but for Taylor not so much.

• Love 2

I only hope that during the course of this season, one of the RHBH, any of them no watter who would bring the issue of Lisa and her sexual harrasment lawsuit to the front table, just like Lisa likes to do, talk about the "elephant in the room.

http://mynewsla.com/crime/2014/11/17/former-server-wins-1-5-million-attorneys-fees-real-housewives-stars-restaurant/

Former server wins 1.5M in attorney's fees against real HW star restaurant

I dislike Brandi profundly but at this point she is the only hope that somebody would even mention this issue.

• Love 6

Good for the server!  The saddest thing is that Lisa and Ken are worth so many millions of dollars that this judgment is, to them, a mere slap on the wrist.  Furthermore, they may have insurance to protect them from lawsuits by employees.  If that's the case, they'll never pay a dime.  Their insurance rates may go up, but what's that to them? 

Thanks for the link.

• Love 7

Maybe Kim will get drunk and out it.  "Stop harassing your goddam waiters!"

I'm hoping Kim tosses a "why don't you blow up your lips some more!" to Lisa Rinna.  I cannot look at that woman's distorted face, just can't. 

• Love 4

To be fair to Lisa Rinna, I don't think she can look at the distorted parts of her face either.

She's been pretty candid about acknowledging how horribly wrong experimenting with her lips has gone. Her self-effacement about it is something I find rather commendable.

• Love 16

What DID go wrong with Lisa's lips?  I always thought she was so attractive until I saw a photo of her a while back.  Did she have Botox or implants?  Why have her lips stayed that way?

Good for the server!  The saddest thing is that Lisa and Ken are worth so many millions of dollars that this judgment is, to them, a mere slap on the wrist.  Furthermore, they may have insurance to protect them from lawsuits by employees.  If that's the case, they'll never pay a dime.  Their insurance rates may go up, but what's that to them? 

Thanks for the link.

Ken and Lisa were upset at the initial $108,000.00 award and tried to keep liability solely on Villa Blanca the corporation.  Which they claimed was worth $80,000.00 net.  The court found against them.  Ken and Lisa sold their British establishments for 10 million pounds and then moved to LA.  According to Ken he can't retire because they spend too much money.  Make no mistake a million plus attorney's fees award does take a dent at the bottom line.  I am quite certain they are insured it just depends what the carrier will cover and what their policy limits are. 

They have second and third claims pending.  I am sure their carrier has cancelled them and it will be difficult to buy new insurance.  They have to have liability insurance to operate the restaurant under the terms on the lease so it could be huge-and also the reason Villa Blanca is on the market.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 7

Just watched this and wow, I forgot how much Kyle annoys me. Look ya'll the small, intimate White party has become the event of the YEAR in BH and now it's just so much work. My hearts bleeds for her rich white privileged problems, also  Disco Ninjas?

I don't know how entitled she has to be to think Lisa should have called her, after PR. but that's how entitled she is, LOL

I think all of the HW parties have become HWs only and Bravo extras - probably for liability purposes.  I wonder if the White Party has become that too.  I know someone who was at the closing party last year, the so called Beverly Hills Chamber of Commerce Party, and it was all extras and the HWs.  She talked to the extras.  They were unpaid and were not allowed to talk to the HWs.  Everyone else was there under contract to Bravo.  There were no "real" guests.  They were invited by Bravo - even the Chamber of Commerce people.  

• Love 4

Well, I'm watching the marathon run of the last season to get me back in the mood to watch this shit.  Am I in the mood yet?  Maybe.  See, the thing is, of all the Housewives shows, this is the one that always gave me the most anxiety.  Why?  Cuz of all the yelling & screaming & petty fighting over absolutely nothing.  Not sure I'm looking forward to it.  Kyle was maddening to me.  Let's see if she still is.  She was so casual with her mean girl shit, it made me nuts.

I see Mauricio is lying about his age & he's now saying he was born in 1976 & he's 38.  No.  That is a lie.  He celebrated his 40th on the show several years ago.  There are many articles that can be found that say he was 42 last year.  So he's 43, possibly 44.  And I seem to remember Kyle saying she was only a year or 2 older than him & she's 45 now.  Why is he lying bout his age?  It's not necessary & makes him seem shifty.  Don't get it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2839676/Where-clothes-Kyle-Richards-shares-shirtless-photo-husband-Mauricio-moustache-says-looks-like-member-Village-People.html

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 6

I love the White Party because it is a real thing. It has a long history and was done before the Bravo cameras were there and would probably happen without them. Then again, I am a total sucker for tradition. So many of the other events seem completely made up to me. I also dig seeing the gals dressed up in white, because in my neck of the woods, I never seem to see anyone in white ever.

• Love 3

Adrienne, Taylor and Camille are all on WWHL tomorrow night. Should be an interesting show. 

Doesn't Taylor hate Adrienne and Camille and (at least with respect to Camille) vice versa? Because Camille didn't buy Taylor's abuse fabrications and because Adrienne led the charge to eject the Armstrongs from the White Party that year?

• Love 1

I love the White Party because it is a real thing. It has a long history and was done before the Bravo cameras were there and would probably happen without them. Then again, I am a total sucker for tradition. So many of the other events seem completely made up to me. I also dig seeing the gals dressed up in white, because in my neck of the woods, I never seem to see anyone in white ever.

I think it has become a really big event-Mauricio's business has grown tremendously.  Their home is on a nice patch of land so there is plenty of room and I will be interested to see who does the catering-will it be a VanderPump entity or Fatburger (her daughter dates on the son's of the owners) or an entirely new entity?  Unlike last year's Chamber of Commerce party I think the guests are clued in and sign releases for the event. 

They enjoy it and Kyle is being inclusive by inviting most of the RHOBH-missing are Carlton and Joyce.  Plus at this point I think Kyle is the only one on speaking terms with Brandi, Kim, Yolanda, Lisa.  I think Lisa Pump is still smarting over her treatment at the Reunion and last season but not enough to keep her away from doing a Lady Gaga video with Kyle, Kim and Yolanda. 

• Love 1

Well, I'm watching the marathon run of the last season to get me back in the mood to watch this shit.  Am I in the mood yet?  Maybe.  See, the thing is, of all the Housewives shows, this is the one that always gave me the most anxiety.  Why?  Cuz of all the yelling & screaming & petty fighting over absolutely nothing.  Not sure I'm looking forward to it.  Kyle was maddening to me.  Let's see if she still is.  She was so casual with her mean girl shit, it made me nuts.

I see Mauricio is lying about his age & he's now saying he was born in 1976 & he's 38.  No.  That is a lie.  He celebrated his 40th on the show several years ago.  There are many articles that can be found that say he was 42 last year.  So he's 43, possibly 44.  And I seem to remember Kyle saying she was only a year or 2 older than him & she's 45 now.  Why is he lying bout his age?  It's not necessary & makes him seem shifty.  Don't get it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2839676/Where-clothes-Kyle-Richards-shares-shirtless-photo-husband-Mauricio-moustache-says-looks-like-member-Village-People.html

Lol, for me this pretty much describes what ends up happening in each of the Housewives shows.

• Love 1

Ugg, I can't look forward to this. Seeing the promos with someone yelling about "Don't look at my husband!", Kyle in a sobbing heap in someone's arms, and Brandi stirring up her shit tells me it is going to be the same damn thing we have already seen over and over again. As Scoobie Doobs said above, this show gives me anxiety. Throw in another season of everyone calling that nasally, looks like John Turturro's ugly brother, known as Mauricio, hunky while his idiot wife twirls her hair and I'm out!

• Love 6

Well, I'm watching the marathon run of the last season to get me back in the mood to watch this shit. Am I in the mood yet? Maybe. See, the thing is, of all the Housewives shows, this is the one that always gave me the most anxiety. Why? Cuz of all the yelling & screaming & petty fighting over absolutely nothing. Not sure I'm looking forward to it. Kyle was maddening to me. Let's see if she still is. She was so casual with her mean girl shit, it made me nuts.

I see Mauricio is lying about his age & he's now saying he was born in 1976 & he's 38. No. That is a lie. He celebrated his 40th on the show several years ago. There are many articles that can be found that say he was 42 last year. So he's 43, possibly 44. And I seem to remember Kyle saying she was only a year or 2 older than him & she's 45 now. Why is he lying bout his age? It's not necessary & makes him seem shifty. Don't get it.

I thought the ill-fated Hawaii trip was for Mauricio's 40th? I could have sworn. Of course it is The Daily Mail so maybe he's not lying about his age and they just got it wrong. I like to think their fact checking department is run by Sonjia with a J after too many glasses of wine.

• Love 11

I thought the ill-fated Hawaii trip was for Mauricio's 40th? I could have sworn. Of course it is The Daily Mail so maybe he's not lying about his age and they just got it wrong. I like to think their fact checking department is run by Sonjia with a J after too many glasses of wine.

My thoughts exactly. The Daily Mail is notorious for their screwed up facts and fourth hand sources. I highly doubt someone as successful as Mauricio would forget his 40th birthday celebration aired on national television. He certainly didn't lie then so why would he lie now? I don't see where he's quoted in that article.

Edited by turbogirlnyc
  • Love 6

Mauricio isn't quoted as to saying he is 38 years old-it old sloppy reporting by the journalist.  There is no direct quote by Mauricio and what possible reason would he have to so since as you have pointed out he celebrated his 40 th birthday on air?  Pretty easy concept the rag of  Great Britain misquoting or intentionally making crap up.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 1

I'll echo the sentiments of enjoying the White Party. It's one of the few events on the show that feels organic and not purely created for the cameras, which I think lends itself to more interesting interactions. With the other parties, you can more or less tell it's just a backdrop for some forced fighting, whereas whatever happens at the WP feels a little more authentic to me.

I'm excited about tonight's premiere!!  And I can't wait to see Camille!  I wish she was a regular housewife again.  

For this season I'm hoping to see Brandi go dooown!!  Can't stand her.  She can take Yolanda with her too.

• Love 2
My guess is they had Mauricio's age on file from when the show started and were too lazy/drunk/whatever to add 5. That would make him 43 and Kyle 45 which is pretty much what they've always said.

Google Mauricio & it comes up that he was born in 1976.  So this has nothing to do with sloppy reporting from DM.  OK, it's still lazy of them, but they may have just followed what was on Google.  So my question again is the same.  Is Mauricio putting out a fake, much younger age or does this have nothing to do with him?

Btw, I am really not lookin' forward to hearing Brandi's squeaking squawking voice again.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs

Maybe Kim will get drunk and out it.  "Stop harassing your goddam waiters!"

I love you.

The snark is already deep in this thread and the episode hasn't even started airing yet.  

Gawd, I can't wait to see this thread blow up later.

Like, blown up HUGE...Like the lips of Lisa and Taylor!!!  

• Love 5

Wasn't really interested in the show last season (couldn't stand Carlton), but I am interested in seeing Eileen Davidson. I've watched Y&R for decades, so I'm curious to find more about her life away from the show. Lisa Rinna? Eh. I'm over Kyle and Lisa. Don't need to see Taylor or Adrienne either.

• Love 2

Google Mauricio & it comes up that he was born in 1976.  So this has nothing to do with sloppy reporting from DM.  OK, it's still lazy of them, but they may have just followed what was on Google.  So my question again is the same.  Is Mauricio putting out a fake, much younger age or does this have nothing to do with him?

Btw, I am really not lookin' forward to hearing Brandi's squeaking squawking voice again.

Maybe Mauricio did put it on the interwebs. It's possible he wanted prospective clients to think he's young(er). I'm sure most don't watch Bravo.

Maybe Mauricio did put it on the interwebs. It's possible he wanted prospective clients to think he's young(er). I'm sure most don't watch Bravo.

Could be...maybe he feels he needs to compete in age with the Million Dollar Listing guys - aren't they all in their 30's??  :-)

• Love 2

I don't remember much about last year but it was well reviewed, so I'm good.  Everyone keeps saying they want to move on but they're still fussing about it! Get over it and resume the relationships or move on! 

I've never watched soaps so I don't know the new women. Lisa struck me a bit like Yolanda, with her "king" talk. What's with women making their husbands kings? I wanted a partner not a ruler. I guess I would call him my consort...

Did you know The White Party is the event of the year in L.A.? Take a drink ever time Kyle says so.

I've noticed for years that Lisa's eye lashes stop before they reach the inner eye. Is she stopping her mascara application too soon or losing her lashes? 

Camille and Andrianne looked nice. I guess they're friends of? 

Why is Brandi out of the pack? 

Little of Kim, good decision. 

Where was The Other Lisa? 

(i forgot Taylor)

• Love 4

I stopped watching in the middle of the season last year because I got tired of Brandi taking center stage.  I tune in tonight and things have not changed.  Does Brandi ever get a clue that SHE is the negative energy in the room?

I like the other ladies and I was glad to see Camille and Adrienne.

• Love 6

It was fun seeing all the old gang back together. But, why is Brandi even on this show anymore? She's moving around, spending $50,000 to store...what? I felt like I was watching 7th grade girls, from the dialogue. Most of which seemed way to scripted, to me.

In case anyone missed it, the White Party is the party of the year, Mad Men is having their wrap party, and otherwise everyone is great, things are great, life is great.

Brandi stuck out like a sore thumb with her two minions, standing in the background.

• Love 8