Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E01: Guess Who's Coming to the White Party?

• Start Topic

Google Mauricio & it comes up that he was born in 1976.  So this has nothing to do with sloppy reporting from DM.  OK, it's still lazy of them, but they may have just followed what was on Google.  So my question again is the same.  Is Mauricio putting out a fake, much younger age or does this have nothing to do with him?

Btw, I am really not lookin' forward to hearing Brandi's squeaking squawking voice again.

Mauricio age is listed correctly in other stories.  Don't believe everything you read on the internet. 

No Mauricio isn't putting out a fake age.  It has nothing g to do with him.  In professional journals it lists his age correctly.  It does seem that someone needs to bring it to his attention and correct.  Maybe Carole from RHONYC can go in and correct his Wikipedia page.

• Love 8

I think I'll like this season, I didn't like last season because of Carlton but she's gone thank God!

Brandi acted so high school at the White Party. It was uncomfortable watching her avoiding everyone and hiding in the bathroom with her date. Why does she want to be friends with Adrianne again, I thought Adrianne was not going to be on the show regularly? I can't stand Brandi but she does bring the snark and drama.

Lisa looks like she had some work done on her face.

Kim is still...medicated.

I'm watching WWHL with Miss Andy, he's giving Adrianne all kinds of shit about dating younger guys. Funny.

Camille is really trash talking Kelsey Grammer. This is better than the RHOBH.

• Love 5

Brandi is still feeling like the "poor relation", and she will never get over feeling that way.  She has an inferiority complex that she loves to feed.  Who were those two guys???  And, why is she living in a condo now?  What happened to the house she was living in last season? 

Also, what is the deal with tacking on "WWHL" to all the Housewife shows, but not advertising it as such?  I'm tired of expecting 1-1/2 hours of housewives, only to be subjected to Andy Cohen!!!   At least tonight was enjoyable - it was fun seeing Camille and Adrienne and, even Taylor.....

• Love 4

It was fun seeing all the old gang back together. But, why is Brandi even on this show anymore? She's moving around, spending $50,000 to store...what? I felt like I was watching 7th grade girls, from the dialogue. Most of which seemed way to scripted, to me.

In case anyone missed it, the White Party is the party of the year, Mad Men is having their wrap party, and otherwise everyone is great, things are great, life is great.

Brandi stuck out like a sore thumb with her two minions, standing in the background.

Seems odd to me that Brandi can't get a two year lease anywhere or buy a house.  Hard to believe her stuff is worth $50,000.00.

• Love 1

It was fun seeing all the old gang back together. But, why is Brandi even on this show anymore? She's moving around, spending $50,000 to store...what? I felt like I was watching 7th grade girls, from the dialogue. Most of which seemed way to scripted, to me.

In case anyone missed it, the White Party is the party of the year, Mad Men is having their wrap party, and otherwise everyone is great, things are great, life is great.

Brandi stuck out like a sore thumb with her two minions, standing in the background.

It's a good thing Lisa reminded of this in her blog that's up as well.  That's a damned monumental event and none of us should ever forget it, either.

Unfortunately, I was only at this year’s White Party for about an hour before Harry and I had to leave for the Mad Men series wrap party,

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills/season-5/blogs/lisa-rinna/lisa-theres-plenty-more-fun-to-come?page=0,2

• Love 1

Seems odd to me that Brandi can't get a two year lease anywhere or buy a house.  Hard to believe her stuff is worth $50,000.00.

Well, Yolanda DID help her decorate her last home....IIRC, Brandi was "putting down roots and growing up"...guess that didn't last long! 

• Love 5

I think I'll like this season, I didn't like last season because of Carlton but she's gone thank God!

Brandi acted so high school at the White Party. It was uncomfortable watching her avoiding everyone and hiding in the bathroom with her date. Why does she want to be friends with Adrianne again, I thought Adrianne was not going to be on the show regularly? I can't stand Brandi but she does bring the snark and drama.

Lisa looks like she had some work done on her face.

Kim is still...medicated.

I'm watching WWHL with Miss Andy, he's giving Adrianne all kinds of shit about dating younger guys. Funny.

Camille is really trash talking Kelsey Grammer. This is better than the RHOBH.

Which Lisa?   :-)  

It looked like Brandi had some weird stuff done, too....and I can't even really look at Adrienne - she has so much filler in her cheeks her eyes are disappearing.  It's a shame, because I thought she had very pretty almond shaped eyes.

• Love 4

Did I hear Brandi right when she said her oldest son was going into junior high and then at the condo she said both of her sons still sleep with her? I'm sorry, but a boy going into Jr. high should not still be sleeping in his mothers bed.

• Love 18

Mauricio age is listed correctly in other stories.  Don't believe everything you read on the internet.

Thanks for the advice.  I'll have to remember it next time I'm reading DM stuff about this shit show.

Er, so where's the yelling & screaming & fighting?  Brandi, ya gearin' up?  I kinda was expecting Kim to make an entrance dragging a turtle on a leash.

Dat Busch kid should have dollar signs painted all over him.  I didn't even notice if he's cute or not.  Kinda doesn't matter.  That kid is one big dollar sign.  Sure to be a long & fulfilling relationship, eh, Ad?  Well, hey, good luck & God Bless, hun.  Reminds me of an old Bette Midler joke -- 20 goes into 80 a lot easier than 80 goes into 20. 

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 8
Which Lisa?   :-)  

Lisa V. IDK, to me her face looked thinner and cheekbones looked more pronounced like she had implants maybe. Her lips looked fuller too. Maybe injections?

They all looked slightly different to me - I think, as you said, some type of fillers, over-botoxing or something...

Camille Grammar looked great though.  I didn't know she had been so ill.

• Love 3

The only reason why I watch this season will be to sit and see Carlton not on my television and knowing that every time a new episode airs without her, she dies a little more on the inside (she's pretty much dead on the outside already).

RE: Maruicio's age.  Someone goofed I suspect as opposed to him trying to shave years off.  At one point we heard about how many years the two were married and it dates their wedding as 1996.  Which would mean Mauricio would be trying to claim to have been only twenty when he married Kyle.  And that is obviously not the case since we have heard their meet and fall in love story at least three times on the show and countless times on other media appearances.

• Love 4

Dat Busch kid should have dollar signs painted all over him. I didn't even notice if he's cute or not. Kinda doesn't matter. That kid is one big dollar sign. Sure to be a long & fulfilling relationship, eh, Ad? Well, hey, good luck & God Bless, hun. Reminds me of an old Bette Midler joke -- 20 goes into 80 a lot easier than 80 goes into 20.

Bwahahaha! I spit on my keyboard. Damn I love the Divine Miss M!

giving Aidrene shit when I've endured seasons of Mohamed and his child brides. PuhLease!
  • Love 4

Maybe Mauricio did put it on the interwebs. It's possible he wanted prospective clients to think he's young(er). I'm sure most don't watch Bravo.

But Mauricio is in real estate. His livelihood is not in front of the camera. If anything, being too young (which his clients equated to less experience) was sometimes held against Josh Flagg.
  • Love 1

I enjoyed the dynamic at the Hamlin home. Their daughters are cute and seem really normal.

On the flipside, every other word out of Kyle's kids mouths is "like". Kyle isn't much better.

Kyle was, like, 16 in 1985, height of the Valley Girls (and perhaps living in the Valley?) I've sometimes suspected Kyle is trying to relive the 1985 high school experience she never had and wanted so very, very badly. Jangling bracelets and fingers in faces and cursed magazines and all.

This episode, particularly the reappearance of Housewives past, felt too staged, even by Real Housewives standards. You could sense the producers just off camera blocking out entrances and making sure there was at least one shot with all six original housewives, and wiping the dust off their dresses.

Kyle and Lisa said nothing of import at their meeting. Lots of backwards and forwards and forwards and backwards. I loved how Yolanda's meeting with Lisa only merited a flashback in muted tones.

Camille looks like she's aged a bit, and the other HWs had the courtesy to not mention her legal troubles with her former stud, Dmitri Charalambopoulos. Taylor was surprisingly normal and non-drunk. Adrienne is now queen of Cougarville.

Brandi's two paid gay bodyguards were hilarious. Did Jennifer and Etirsa dump her?

Edited by vrocotamy
  • Love 10

How refreshing to see Kyle wear an article  of clothing which not only fits her well and looks amazing, but one that doesn't require she pull and tug at it to the point of distraction.

Hopefully she's burned all of those atrocious caftans, as well.  

• Love 10

I wouldn't say Portia is bratty, but my goodness, she expresses herself like she's 45. When did this happen?

And not very clearly. Her enunciation should be better by age 6, shouldn't it? Or maybe I spend too much time watching Ayden in Atlanta, who speaks like a little man at age 4.

To clarify, I do not have children, am not around them, so I am truly asking a question of those who may know more than I.

• Love 3

Wonder how pleased the Busch family is with Jacob/Jason(?) dating Adrienne. What about an heir to the Busch fortune? I'm sure Adrienne's done having children... I couldn't look at her on WWH tonight. So much work done!

Camille struck as being very happy.

Taylor? Meh

• Love 3
giving Aidrene shit when I've endured seasons of Mohamed and his child brides. PuhLease!

Yeah, Andy giving her crap bout it when it's pretty well known he's chasing the 20-something boys non-stop is beyond bullshit.  Blech, what a dick he is.

• Love 5

Thanks for the advice.  I'll have to remember it next time I'm reading DM stuff about this shit show.

Er, so where's the yelling & screaming & fighting?  Brandi, ya gearin' up?  I kinda was expecting Kim to make an entrance dragging a turtle on a leash.

Dat Busch kid should have dollar signs painted all over him.  I didn't even notice if he's cute or not.  Kinda doesn't matter.  That kid is one big dollar sign.  Sure to be a long & fulfilling relationship, eh, Ad?  Well, hey, good luck & God Bless, hun.  Reminds me of an old Bette Midler joke -- 20 goes into 80 a lot easier than 80 goes into 20. 

Sorry Scoobie it was a joke.

• Love 1
Wonder how pleased the Busch family is with Jacob/Jason(?) dating Adrienne.

He's not marrying her.  They're just dating.  And they clearly don't have to worry she's gonna get pregnant.  I thought I heard something bout Ad, that she was worth much much less than thought -- so maybe she is trolling to marry someone rich.  Who knows?

• Love 4

Camille looked wonderful.  Yolanda still can't figure out how to take care of her hair much of the time.  It was fun to start off with The White Party -- a good energetic start.  Fun to see that while Lisa and Harry obviously live in a lovely home, it's not a mausoleum.

It seems that poor ol' Brandi just can't find any stability in terms of real estate.  Must be hard on her boys to be constantly moving around. 

Here's to hoping that we are not subjected to yet more of the endless gushing over Gigi Hadid, to the near exclusion of her brother and sister.  Yolanda appears to be obsessed with her daughter.  She refers to Bella in the most dispassionate way -- leaves one to wonder what goes on there. 

Already sick and tired of the ladies constantly commenting on how Lisa can't apologize or admit to anything -- enough already!  Andy brought her around at the last reunion and got her to acknowledge a foible or two -- She was dragged into a couple of apologies but she did manage to make them.  Keep it moving, ladies.  Kyle needs to grow up. 

• Love 11

I know, I so feel bad for all the people who had to attend the Mad Men wrap party and had to miss the white party

• Love 15

And not very clearly. Her enunciation should be better by age 6, shouldn't it? Or maybe I spend too much time watching Ayden in Atlanta, who speaks like a little man at age 4.

Sorry mod, to call you out, but that is horrible. My son is 4 and is verbally delayed. All kids speak at different levels at different times.

I hate to say it but lord another year of brandy flat ass square pants I can not take.

I kind of loved the other women iceing her out. Normally I'm all for don't exclude any one, but sorry Brandi yous a bitch! And I know your a cockroach and you will live to fight another day. So that tiny ice out made me happy.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 3

If I had a $20 million home to sell I would not consider youth an advantage in choosing my realtor. Plus Mauricio has been named the top realtor in California, in terms of sales, a couple times in recent years, so I don't see him being that threatened by the MDL guys. I don't watch the show regularly but I caught an episode of Million Dollar Listing where a couple of the guys were going to be working with Mauricio, and IIRC they were trying to make sure they had their act together before meeting up with him.

• Love 3

Quote--Here's to hoping that we are not subjected to yet more of the endless gushing over Gigi Hadid, to the near exclusion of her brother and sister. Yolanda appears to be obsessed with her daughter. She refers to Bella in the most dispassionate way -- leaves one to wonder what goes on there. --

I thought that too! Heck, I didn't even know she had a son!! Didn't Bella get a DUI?

There's something going on there...

• Love 3
imjagain, my apologies, I wasn't trying to be critical, I was actually asking a question. I don't have children, am not around them much at all, so I was really wondering if her speech was the norm for her age. I compared her to Ayden from RHoA only because he's the only other child of these shows that I am familiar with.
  • Love 9

Man, was Taylor on something on WWHL or what?  Sheesh, she had such a phony fake smile plastered on her joker face for the whole half hour.  It must hurt to smile for so long.  I'm thinkin' she's on some very powerful uppers.  Her face looked very, very weird.  More than it ever has before.

Camille looks great.  Ad never bothered me.  Is she a phony?  I suppose.  So what?  So is Camille.  Who cares?  Ad is right that Brandi should just STFU & apologize to her.  She did the absolute wrong thing to divulge such deeply personal information Ad did not want revealed.

We'll see how it goes for Brandi this season.  Is she gonna continue to play the poor me, victim card?  Not buying it.  The season just started & this shit has already worn thin.  I just think her act is worn out.  Has she become the Aviva of this show -- where everyone hates her & nobody will talk to her?  Maybe not yet, but she sure is heading in that direction.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 6

I thought Kyle looked lovely.  As did Lisa V.

I don't blame Lisa Rinna for talking about the Mad Men wrap party.  That's a great show and I'm sure her husband was thrilled to get a role on it, as most actors would be.  And, new housewives should provide details about themselves and their family so the audience can know something about them.  (At least viewers like me who don't know anything about any of the wives outside of the show.)

Yolanda and Brandi walking the beach talking about staying positive… *yawn*  I still don't understand Brandi's starring role on this show.  Her storyline is always the same and it isn't at all interesting.

• Love 14

I'm mystified by Gigi's success as a model. Vogue pushed her rather excessively this summer on their website and even featured her in an ill-advised recreation of the iconic November '87 cover with Michaela Bercu. She looks like a pretty, slightly exotic white girl to me, but not particularly interesting aesthetically. Different strokes and all, I guess. Good for her for hustling up these prime jobs.

What I really want to see is an explicitly candid how-to/DIY series revolving around Taylor, Alexia Echevarria, and Lauri Waring that offers instructions on how exactly to net a million-dollar meal-ticket when you boast children from a previous marriage and more baggage than an airline terminal. Taylor fascinates me the most in this respect because her unsavory past is so grim and public and she not only roped in a lifejacket, but did so while he was still married and living in another state.

Harry Hamlin: dayum. He's more beautiful now than he was back during the LA Law days. I anticipated disliking Lisa Rinna because of her associations with Kyle, but she was rather winning. I like the Hamlins' house; it seems very real and lived-in with the Hello Kitty toaster.

Lisa V's peridot green confessional dress was gorgeous.

Listening to Brandi is like feeling my ears prickle at the sound of nails on a chalkboard. After the trainwreck of season 4, I am watching this year primarily because Eileen Davidson is practically synonymous with my childhood. That doesn't mean, however, that I want to watch her get soaked in wine. The one good thing about the Vanderpump Rules cast is they are not hyperconscious about their image with viewers and thus have no compunction about being openly vitriolic and hateful to one another. I wish someone would tell Brandi to drop her obsession with "stealing men and sleeping around" because a) she had no problem performing her revolting soft-core lesbian routine with a married woman (Mrs. Gebbia) and b) it's no wonder Eddie left her since she's a desperate loser whose own children will probably abandon her, too, when they're old enough to do so.

• Love 12

imjagain, my apologies, I wasn't trying to be critical, I was actually asking a question. I don't have children, am not around them much at all, so I was really wondering if her speech was the norm for her age. I compared her to Ayden from RHoA only because he's the only other child of these shows that I am familiar with.

Maybe it has to do with her missing teeth.

• Love 2

If I had a $20 million home to sell I would not consider youth an advantage in choosing my realtor. Plus Mauricio has been named the top realtor in California, in terms of sales, a couple times in recent years, so I don't see him being that threatened by the MDL guys. I don't watch the show regularly but I caught an episode of Million Dollar Listing where a couple of the guys were going to be working with Mauricio, and IIRC they were trying to make sure they had their act together before meeting up with him.

I don't know/think Mauricio is/was lying about his age, but I will say being viewed as 38 instead of in your 40s probably is more of an asset than a detriment in LA real estate. There's a reason why so many failed actors in Hollywood end up becoming realtors!

Here's to hoping that we are not subjected to yet more of the endless gushing over Gigi Hadid, to the near exclusion of her brother and sister.  Yolanda appears to be obsessed with her daughter.  She refers to Bella in the most dispassionate way -- leaves one to wonder what goes on there. 

It's so bad if it was the Vanderpumps we'd start suspecting Bella was adopted.

Sadly I think as long as Gigi serves as the vessel for Yolanda to conflate her own past into a glorious future, Gigi will be get the lead with the other two simply consigned to occasional credits at the end.  I wonder if the son, considering the family culture, pretty much gravitated to his father as the "heir".

Sorry mod, to call you out, but that is horrible. My son is 4 and is verbally delayed. All kids speak at different levels at different times.

I was impressed with Portia as well especially if the Umanskys really are trying to keep their daughters bilingual (I know they made claims but I treat a Real Housewives word like I do Sarah Palin's latest drunk video).  It might also have something to do with her enunciation.  But I've heard adults speak with less skill.  Adults like Andy Cohen, Brandi Glanville and the entire cast of Vanderpump Rules.

• Love 6

No problem. I love Ayden. He is wonderful. I am both jealous and happy for Phaedra. My son just started using 3/4 word phrases and it is life for me. I know how much some parents yearn to hear their child's voice, it really can be heart breaking.
  • Love 5

How refreshing to see Kyle wear an article  of clothing which not only fits her well and looks amazing, but one that doesn't require she pull and tug at it to the point of distraction.

Hopefully she's burned all of those atrocious caftans, as well.  

Kyle looked great at the White Party. She's much thinner than I remembered.

ITA about Adrienne's face on WWHL. I don't know Adrienne's age but whatever it is, she looks much older!

Edited by turbogirlnyc
  • Love 3
I thought Kyle looked lovely

Well, every season it's the same shit for me with Kyle.  I start out amazed by her hair & how she's a great mom & her kids seem nice & well-adjusted & her husband is hot & nice & successful & she's got a nice house & a seemingly nice life.  Then she starts in with the nasty mean girl shit.  And I remember all over again why I hate her nasty mean girl guts.  

So let's see what happens with Kyle.  Right now I remember none of the crap that happened last season cuz it was probably inconsequential trivial bullshit that I've long ago forgotten, in spite of watching some of the shows from last season with half an eye.  So right now I'm startin' from scratch with ya, Kyle.  Right now, I'm diggin' your hair & your kids & your husband & your house & your life.  Let's see how long it takes for you to fuck that up & drive me to hate you once again.

OK, how weird was Yo's attitude toward the squatter on her land?  Ah, no big deal, right?  Except that it is a big fuckin' deal.  Er, WTF?

• Love 9