Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E01: Guess Who's Coming to the White Party?

• Start Topic

And that certainly includes Kim too.  If Kim ever had to meet Mo, even she knows she'd have to wake herself the fuck outta whatever drug or booze induced haze she's sure to be in -- or suffer the consequences.  And just what would those consequences be -- of not heeding Mo's requests (orders)?  Well, Tony Soprano had Paulie Walnuts do his bidding.  Don't know the specifics on Mo, but I'm sure he has his . . .  er, henchmen.  Cue sinister/skeery music.

That kind of wealth carries a lot of power! Has he even acknowledged Kim on camera at all? I do not remember seeing him at anyone house except his own and Lisa's until last weeks episode when he came to the WP at Kyle's/Mauricio's house. Kyle and Mauricio had to have been orgasmic that he showed up at their party. Has he been to any of the other HW's homes/parties and I missed it?  

That kind of wealth carries a lot of power! Has he even acknowledged Kim on camera at all? I do not remember seeing him at anyone house except his own and Lisa's until last weeks episode when he came to the WP at Kyle's/Mauricio's house. Kyle and Mauricio had to have been orgasmic that he showed up at their party. Has he been to any of the other HW's homes/parties and I missed it?

Mohammed loves the camera and was probably one of those people badgering Kyle to invite him, although I am pretty sure he did it in a smooth way.

Re Kim and Mohamed, answering in the Previous Seasons thread.

• Love 1
Kyle and Mauricio had to have been orgasmic that he showed up at their party.

Oh my gosh -- ab-so-fuckin'-lutely!!!  Have to say I'm kinda diggin' Mauricio lately.  I don't mean at all the way he looks.  Sorry, I don't give a shit whether he's lookin' hot or wearing some man pendant to make himself appear young or hipper.  Dat don't matter to me in the least.  It's his personality that only recently I've come to understand & actually respect & even admire & like.  Now, up till recently I'd have been THE last one to EVER say dat.

From the beginning of this show, I've dismissed Mauricio as an always slick, smooth-talking, butt-smootching salesman.  These are traits that have made alarms go off for me -- you know, warning bells not to trust ANYONE with those traits.  But I think I misjudged Mauricio.  He's tops in his field cuz he's good at what he does -- not just good, but excellent.  It's no accident he's on top.  He works hard & he's extremely shrewd.  I really like his easy/breezy style & his nice guy aura, because for the most part it's pretty genuine.  Now, is he always vaguely working anyone/everyone in this crowd for a possible future listing or a sale?  Sure.  Why the fuck shouldn't he?  I see nothing wrong with that.  As long as he's low-key bout it -- which he always is.  Does it make him less "genuine"?  I don't think so.

Did anyone catch the scene where Kyle mistakes the cute young bartender as a dancer?  And Mauricio, in his easy/breezy way, says kiddingly to Kyle why she didn't think he could be a dancer.  I kinda thought Mauricio was adorable there.  And what a stark contrast Mauricio's easy manner was (& usually is) to Kyle's tightly-wound bullshit attitude.  But that is Kyle so much of the time -- so tightly-wound & forced & fake & always thinking bout how she can impress everyone around her or just generally so worried bout what people think of her.  

Kyle kills me cuz she thinks she has a sense of humor.  Really, Kyle?  Er, no.  Even in that scene in their kitchen with the cute young bartender, Mauricio, sweet guy & good hubby he is, didn't actually say anything negative to her, but he shot her a look that said, "Will ya chill out, hun?"  Ugh, being married to Kyle can't be easy & yet I can see why they've been married so long.  In many ways they do seem to balance each other out.

From what I've seen, Mauricio is always light & breezy & always has a genial, friendly manner with everybody near him.  Is it only cuz he wants to get a listing or make a sale?  Idk -- maybe.  At this point, I think that's just who he is.  Now I didn't see Mauricio interact with Mo in this ep, but if he did, I have no doubt he would have been nice & friendly & good-humored cuz that's pretty much how he is with everyone.  So in essence, he pretty much treats everyone like they're a billionaire.  I think that's kinda cool.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 1

No problem. I actually decided I was too tired to work tonight and took a look at House of Hilton and - whoo boy! - does that book fill in some gaps about the Richards family. There are some major inconsistencies and moments of bad writing in the book, but most of the sources on Kim, Kyle, and Big and Little Kathy are pretty reliable: Kim's exes Monty Brinson and John Jackson (Brooke and Lil' Kim's father), Kyle and Kim's half-sister and stepmother Diane and Sylvia, Lil' Kathy's biological father's sister, and Kyle and Kim's step-sister Micky.

To be exact, following House of Hilton, Kim started seeing Gregg Davis while married to Monty Brinson, and then Gregg Davis divorced Kim at the request of his parents (his mother Barbara Davis is said to be much like Big Kathy, but richer.) Lil' Kathy then tried to fix up Kim with Donald Trump, apparently, which failed. Kim is featured fairly prominently in House of Hilton; her portrayal isn't as definitively negative as that of Big Kathy and Lil' Kathy (who are described as "devilish" and "cruel"), but she is described as very much her mother's pawn and echo, as "spending money like water", alcoholic, selfish, immature, and prone to tantrums, even if not malicious, scheming, or strong-willed like her mother or elder sister (see the account of her behavior around her father's death). Kimberly's father, seen on the show at the end of Season 4, very much blames Kim's issues on Big Kathy, who he says exerted a remarkable amount of control over her and who Kim misguidedly saw as a "moral compass" and model for her behavior. He relates that Kathy used to have Kim drive to pick Big Kathy up at various bars in LA and "perform" for her men-friends (nothing too dirty, but still...)

In contrast to the wealth of information on Kim, Kyle barely appears in the book. Mauricio and his mother are mentioned positively (she helped admit Kyle and Kim's father to Cedars Sinai), Kyle is said to have "chased" a man out of her mother's bed, and Kim and Kyle are said to have been played against each other by their mother after Kyle became more successful than Kim ca. 1980 with Watcher in the Woods.

So how is it Brandi and Kim are such great friends with Kim being a serial cheater?  Of course this week Brandi didn't seem to have any friends and I was puzzled as to why Kim wasn't there for her.

So how is it Brandi and Kim are such great friends with Kim being a serial cheater?  Of course this week Brandi didn't seem to have any friends and I was puzzled as to why Kim wasn't there for her.

That is just a BS storyline for Brandi. I used to believe her about that but then watched her interact with people like Mohammad. Except for the crude remark/lie about JK and her lady parts, Brandi likes Mohammad!

I also noticed that Kim did not go over to comfort or calm Brandi at the WP! Has Kim soured on Brandi already or is it that she and Kyle are done using her? LOL

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 1

It was last week's storyline that Brandi didn't have friends, and so she didn't engage Kim. They're pretty chummy in the First Look at the next episode. One can surmise that things sour between the Sisters Two and Brandi by the season's end, though, from social media and such. I do agree with WireWrap that the anti-cheater stuff is largely a storyline for Brandi.*

*House of Hilton, to be exact, doesn't mention that Kim cheated in her second, third, and fourth long-term relationships (with Gregg Davis, John Collett, and John Jackson.) I don't know if she did or not. She began seeing Gregg Davis during her brief marriage to Monty Brinson, partially at the behest of Big Kathy, who believed Kim could score a richer man than Monty (according to Monty.). Monty and Kim had a shotgun wedding, according to Monty, after Brooke was conceived. I feel like I need to take a bath after reading that book. In the words of Lil' Kim's father, "the amorality" of that family! I'll take any further response to your and copacabana's post about Kim, at the request of the moderators, to her thread.

• Love 1

Re: Mohamad's finances. I agree that the $200 million net worth estimate given by Google is probably quite low for him. The home featured on the show - the Palazzo Di Amore - is being offered at $195 million: http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/9505-Lania-Ln_Beverly-Hills_CA_90210_M24262-15928?row=1.

Hadid doesn't own this home.  He built it but sold it back in 2007 to Jeff Greene for $35milion.

http://homesoftherich.net/2009/11/

Hadid is a real estate developer.  I don't think he's a billionaire as some here think.  I also don't think that the housewives are in as much awe of him as some posters have stated. 

• Love 5

Hadid doesn't own this home.  He built it but sold it back in 2007 to Jeff Greene for $35milion.

Hadid is a real estate developer.  I don't think he's a billionaire as some here think.  I also don't think that the housewives are in as much awe of him as some posters have stated. 

I agree. Mohammed is very personable and he walked into the Umanskys and the greetings seem genuine.  I think they all seemed happy to have the band back together again. The parties were better pre-Brandi.   Mauricio and Mohamed both appreciate each others business acumen.  I think they have known each other a very long while. 

I think Mohamed does okay but I agree I think billionaire may be a bit of an over estimation.

That is just a BS storyline for Brandi. I used to believe her about that but then watched her interact with people like Mohammad. Except for the crude remark/lie about JK and her lady parts, Brandi likes Mohammad!

I also noticed that Kim did not go over to comfort or calm Brandi at the WP! Has Kim soured on Brandi already or is it that she and Kyle are done using her? LOL

Brandi claims to love ken and Lisa but I don't think they are feeling the love.  I don't think Mohamed will be coming to the mountain (Brandi) anytime soon.  He was very upset by her exaggeration, make that fabrication, about a dear friend.  I think it was a perfect example of Lisa and Yolanda trying to be generous and make Brandi inclusive of one of their parties and Brandi parlaying it into a ton of publicity.   http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2013/11/brandi-glanville-smelly-joanna-krupa-lie-mohamed-hadid-claims/

• Love 2

If memory serves me correctly, Mauricio and Mohamed have worked together before, so I don't know if it's some great big treasure or wow moment that he showed up to their home.

Thank you for saying this. I really don't buy that they are oh so starstruck or in awe either. 

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 2

One of Lisa and Harry's daughters looked like she wanted to be anywhere but in front of a camera at one point.  The annoyance on her face was unmistakable.

Lisa seems to be a really "go with the flow" type chick so I'm interested to see how she handles being at some of the dinners these women have where it's like watching what happens after daddy hit mommy at the dinner table.

I like Lisa and I feel bad for her about what happened last season.  

That being said, I don't think Brandi's boys actually sleep with her.  Brandi is one of those people who says things she thinks pump up her image.  In this instance, she wants to be seen as the world's most perfect mother who's boys love her so much that they can't even sleep if they aren't next to her.  She doesn't stop to think "Hey...that didn't go so well for Michael Jackson so maybe I should shutup."  

She also didn't stop to think about her son having to go to school the next day while he hears incessant teasing about how he still sleeps in bed with his mommy.

• Love 3

One of Lisa and Harry's daughters looked like she wanted to be anywhere but in front of a camera at one point. The annoyance on her face was unmistakable.

Lisa seems to be a really "go with the flow" type chick so I'm interested to see how she handles being at some of the dinners these women have where it's like watching what happens after daddy hit mommy at the dinner table.

I like Lisa and I feel bad for her about what happened last season.

That being said, I don't think Brandi's boys actually sleep with her. Brandi is one of those people who says things she thinks pump up her image. In this instance, she wants to be seen as the world's most perfect mother who's boys love her so much that they can't even sleep if they aren't next to her. She doesn't stop to think "Hey...that didn't go so well for Michael Jackson so maybe I should shutup."

She also didn't stop to think about her son having to go to school the next day while he hears incessant teasing about how he still sleeps in bed with his mommy.

I take everything Brandi says with a giant mountain of salt. Interestingly I don't think she's a complete fabrication liar, but I do think she takes facts and events and twists them to the point that they might as well be lies. So I take her my boys sleep in my bed even though the oldest is starting Jr High and get her kid is starting middle school which makes him a 5th grader about to go into 6th and one night in the past year her kids fell asleep in her bed, probably during one of their 100 moves and probably because they were too tired to set up their own beds and just fell asleep in hers. Edited by FozzyBear
  • Love 3

Loved the DRAHMA inherent in your posts, Vrocotamy. I will forever be looking for the skulls reflected in the glass in Yo's fridge and Lisa's boudoir. I do think you have put more thought into this than most of the howives.

I enjoyed this entree back into our BH gals. It was like old home week and I was glad to catch up with everybody (sans Brandi who spent most of her time lurking in the shadows anyway). I truly like it when they get along and I don't care much for the manufactured drama. Kyle and Lisa splashing each other in Lisa's pool last season was one of the highlights of the show for me. But I also enjoy when the drama is organic, such as Kyle trying to explain herself to a (deliberately) non-understanding Camille in NY in season 1.

This first show has made last year seem like a bad dream.

• Love 6

I've always had a crush on Harry Hamlin, yum. I like Lisa R, think she's entertaining and has a happy spirit about her. Their girls are very naturally beautiful and I like the dynamic of the family. Can't wait to see more Hamlins!

Mohammed is creepy. Ever since the episode eons back when he talked about his secret sex room in his mansion, yikes....shivers. I picture him going at it in there with Joanna Krupa and his wig falling off. Nightmares!!

Yolanda tries to come off as Ms. High Class, married to King David and all....but she was married to the be-wigged guy with the secret sex chamber before AND she's friends with skanky Brandi. Brandi is vile. Every time I see her I swear I can smell her stench. She's pretty but just looks....dirty. I hate admitting that I read her second book and was blown away how low into the gutter she got. The first book was okay for a laugh. But after the second book I wouldn't want to show my face again if I were her.

Kyle looked just gorgeous!

Adrienne is almost as terrifying as Mohammed. She has always scared the crap out of me, wax woman. She honestly looks like she is 63. And her hobbling around with that boy toy turned my stomach. She talked to him in the same gravelly, overly serious tone she took with Paul. How much does she pay you Busch heir?

Lisa needs a makeover desperately. Pretty woman, very outdated style, sheesh.

• Love 3

Hi there! I've been a long time lurker and absolutely love reading all your posts. I'm afraid to post and I'm sure none will agree with me  but here goes! I've seen previews for this season and it annoys me when Lisa R. yells, "don't you dare go near my husband". First, it sounds very overdone. Second, it comes off arrogant especially after Lisa declares her husband is a "f*cking fox". A ton of women find him handsome but the man is taken. I personally know of him because my mom had a crush on him eons ago. However, not all women, including myself, find him irresistable. I think this season is scripted so I'm not hating on Lisa or her husband.

** I'm sorry if my post if off topic.

Edited by goddessintraining
  • Love 2

Hi there! I've been a long time lurker and absolutely love reading all your posts. I'm afraid to post and I'm sure none will agree with me  but here goes! I've seen previews for this season and it annoys me when Lisa R. yells, "don't you dare go near my husband". First, it sounds very overdone. Second, it comes off arrogant especially after Lisa declares her husband is a "f*cking fox". A ton of women find him handsome but the man is taken. I personally know of him because my mom had a crush on him eons ago. However, not all women, including myself, find him irresistable. I think this season is scripted so I'm not hating on Lisa or her husband.

Welcome to the party Goddessintraining! Look forward to reading your insights as the season moves on.

• Love 1

Hi there! I've been a long time lurker and absolutely love reading all your posts. I'm afraid to post and I'm sure none will agree with me but here goes! I've seen previews for this season and it annoys me when Lisa R. yells, "don't you dare go near my husband". First, it sounds very overdone. Second, it comes off arrogant especially after Lisa declares her husband is a "f*cking fox". A ton of women find him handsome but the man is taken. I personally know of him because my mom had a crush on him eons ago. However, not all women, including myself, find him irresistable. I think this season is scripted so I'm not hating on Lisa or her husband.

Totally with you. I find the whole "stay away from my husband" bit to be some bizarre humble brag along the lines of "I snagged the hottest man and you're so jealous!" it comes off as petty and insecure to me. Bugs me when Kyle does it too.

• Love 4

Totally with you. I find the whole "stay away from my husband" bit to be some bizarre humble brag along the lines of "I snagged the hottest man and you're so jealous!" it comes off as petty and insecure to me. Bugs me when Kyle does it too.

Completely agree.  It seems the height of insecurity to feel you have to "chase" women away from your husband lest he succumb to their charms, as though he is not to be trusted and not expected to be responsible for his own choices and behavior. 

• Love 3

I've always had a crush on Harry Hamlin, yum. I like Lisa R, think she's entertaining and has a happy spirit about her. Their girls are very naturally beautiful and I like the dynamic of the family. Can't wait to see more Hamlins!

Mohammed is creepy. Ever since the episode eons back when he talked about his secret sex room in his mansion, yikes....shivers. I picture him going at it in there with Joanna Krupa and his wig falling off. Nightmares!!

Yolanda tries to come off as Ms. High Class, married to King David and all....but she was married to the be-wigged guy with the secret sex chamber before AND she's friends with skanky Brandi. Brandi is vile. Every time I see her I swear I can smell her stench. She's pretty but just looks....dirty. I hate admitting that I read her second book and was blown away how low into the gutter she got. The first book was okay for a laugh. But after the second book I wouldn't want to show my face again if I were her.

Kyle looked just gorgeous!

Adrienne is almost as terrifying as Mohammed. She has always scared the crap out of me, wax woman. She honestly looks like she is 63. And her hobbling around with that boy toy turned my stomach. She talked to him in the same gravelly, overly serious tone she took with Paul. How much does she pay you Busch heir?

Lisa needs a makeover desperately. Pretty woman, very outdated style, sheesh.

My mom (who is 59, much closer to the age of these women than I am and more reflective of the dominant audience demographically), enjoys making fun of me for watching these shows. She walked in during Lisa and Kyle's staged reconciliation and the first words out of her mouth were that Kyle needs a haircut (and looks like Cousin It) and Lisa's hairdo is straight out of Charlie's Angels ca. 1978. I think the cast on RHOBH are all naturally beautiful but in need of makeovers (or make-unders.) As others have said only Camille and Yolanda really dress themselves well (I'm not sure about Eileen or Lisa R. yet). Lisa V. wears costumes, basically.

• Love 1
Ok, so I gather that you think Kim serves as a "warning" to the others that what they have, fame, fortune, ect, is fleeting. If that is the case I think you are far deeper than any of the HWs are.

I think we the viewers are able and somewhat set up to see her this way, though not the other Housewives. On the other hand, I think she's only on the show for another season because she badly needs the paycheck.

Having to laugh over the moving forward thing because, really, there is no other direction open to any of us.   Unless going sideways is an option.  So moving forward it is!

The one that gets me is the incessant talk about "negativity."  Just another way of acknowledging that, like Dina said on New Jersey, "this show is so fucked up!"  

I'm rewatching the episode now while I wrap presents and I do think that LisaR is being ironic in talking about Harry being King.  I think it's a subtle dig at Yoyo and Alexis from OC and it's pretty clear when she talks about how she gets tired of allowing him to be King.   Silly along with the bit of business about not knowing how to deal with flowers in a vase but whatever. 

The comment made by Brandi about sleeping with her boys in the same bed was put out there to get a raging debate going about just that--something akin to the Mommy Wars.  I'm not falling for it.  I'm pretty certain someone suggested she say just that to get the tension and strife going -- Wag the Dog, Brandi.  

This just made me remember that Brandi revealed in her first appearances that she was raised in a nudist home, right? (Yuck, glad I didn't remember that when her parents were on!) So maybe she really is a free spirit ... one who prefers the Beverly Hills lifestyle and guys who look like Eddie Cibrian :)

I'm surprised because he's currently much more famous than her for his role on "Mad Men". I barely know who she is or ever has been. All I knew was that she was a small-time actress who had ruined her lips.

Also, I loved how she dropped that they were on their way to the "Mad Men" wrap party. Now THAT was the party to be invited to. White Party is definitely third tier.

I was thrilled to see Harry on my favorite TV drama, MM, but am I the only one old enough to remember how smokin' he was on "L.A. Law'? Mamma mia!

• Love 3

Harry Hamlin also had a small recurring role in the USA network's "Rush" this fall. He played the doctor father of Dr. Rush and I liked his character. The show has been cancelled after one season, unfortunately.

Yeah, I know Stoopid Housewives is obsessed with the fact the Fosters' home is "by the highway," but the visuals are deceiving - with the strong ocean wind, once you enter the hills of Malibu, you can't hear a thing from PCH, it might as well be miles away. You might not even see PCH depending how the view breaks down. It's actually the people who literally live on the beach that also literally live on PCH - you could see when Yolanda and Brandi took their walk that those beachfront homes have PCH as their street address.

This is my "The Secret" secret -- all it took was one visit long ago to Malibu Beach ... and when I think of winning the lottery, that's where I'd head ASAP. Absolutely glorious views; there's nothing like beachfront property (minus the storms, of course). I'd tell David he was a delightful dictator if that's what he wanted to be called in addition to king to live in a palace by the sea like Yolanda's.

Can we tawk hair please???

Da Pump needs to do somethin' bout that mess.  Any guesses if she wears extensions?  It looks awfully thick.  Not sure what she needs to do, but she needs a change desperately.  Just over all, it looks too thick & heavy.  I'm not into hair rules at all.  I don't think it's that she's too old to have long hair.  But this style just doesn't look right on her anymore.

Mostly Kyle's hair looks great -- altho when she met Lisa in the empty restaurant it looked too flat & dull.

Rinna's hair looks great.  No change needed.

I like Yo's hair.  I may be the only one on here or anywhere who does, but I dig it.

Brandi's hair looks OK.  It ain't her looks dat is her prob.  She needs a personality makeover & since that ain't a gonna happen, I keep thinkin' bout when is she gonna get the fuck lost already.

Oh Kim, Kim, Kim.  I wasn't really luvin' that CVS color, but when I saw the preview of her in a dark wig, I'd say she should stick to the CVS color.

Totally agree on Lisa looking older -- mainly because of her hair. I'm her age and have thick, Italian hair her length, but with long layers and highlights. She probably wears extensions and I'm not believing her age at all, as a PP mentioned. I do think she's in her early to mid 60s, or she's not well-preserved.

I loved Lisa R's hair ... for more than 20 years. I think she needs an update -- that look is over for her. But I have a feeling she's gonna be a hoot; I certainly don't mind looking at Harry, that's for sure!

And I think Yolanda is the most beautiful of all the RH women, young or old. What gorgeous bone structure! I don't mind her hair now that she's cut it -- the white blond isn't unnatural-looking on a Dutch gal.

Does anyone agree with me that the best these ladies look is when they're in jeans and T-shirts? Lisa looks stunning in skinny jeans with heels (although I do notice the wonky walking). That body is fabulous.

Yo''s color is pretty severe, but I agree, for whatever reason, she can pull it off.  Guess it must be far from her natural color cuz I see her dark roots.  Maintenance for white blonde can be expensive as hell, time-consuming & a major ITA -- as well as extremely damaging over the long haul.  Women who do it for a long time often end up with a ton of breakage, even with lots of conditioning.  I wonder if her thinning hair is due to her disease or age or the many, many years of heavy bleaching.

Yo's face is looking noticeably puffier this season.  I noticed it in this ep cuz there were lots of closeups of her face.

(although I do notice the wonky walking)

It's funny how we've all noticed it, but I wonder if she has.  I suspect Lisa just doesn't walk very much in general, so she has never mastered the art of walking in really high heels.  Here in NYC, chicks master it from the time they're teens, so it's rare to see anyone here walking in heels the way Lisa does.  Honestly, it makes her look like she's 96.  She should hire someone to teach her how to walk in 'em.  

Btw, I don't agree bout her in jeans.  They look baggy as hell from behind & don't fit her ass well.  Still getting a very old lady vibe from Lisa this season -- and also on VPR.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs

You should be flogged for saying that -- kidding.

I can't say that I've ever noticed TMCFR as having great style. When I see Faye, all I see is mange. I cannot look past my own disdain for the woman, which prejudices me against her.

In my opinion, there is no one more fierce or has better style than Camille Grammer.

TMCFR brings to mind "simian."

• Love 2

It's funny how we've all noticed it, but I wonder if she has.  I suspect Lisa just doesn't walk very much in general, so she has never mastered the art of walking in really high heels.  Here in NYC, chicks master it from the time they're teens, so it's rare to see anyone here walking in heels the way Lisa does.  Honestly, it makes her look like she's 96.  She should hire someone to teach her how to walk in 'em.  

Btw, I don't agree bout her in jeans.  They look baggy as hell from behind & don't fit her ass well.  Still getting a very old lady vibe from Lisa this season -- and also on VPR.

I thought from the first season that she probably has chunky thighs (for her size), and that's what gives her that gait. I do remember running around Manhattan in my 20s and 30s in high heels (and paying for it now LOL) without a second thought.