Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E05: Cry Luison

A woman claims a very persistent, talking wolf drove her to the point of madness when she's questioned by Nick and Hank after committing a deadly crime. Meanwhile, Nick and Juliette wonder if getting his Grimm powers back is worth the sacrifice of a normal life; at the same time, Bud hopes Trubel can help with a wesen-related issue; threats against Monroe and Rosalee intensify; and Adalind's perilous trek to retrieve her daughter continues in Austria.

• Love 2

Aaaand, we're right back to the tedious, wildly irritating Juliette drama, and the freaking Adalind and her baby mama drama.  These are the two characters I would most like to see either devoured by a Wendigo or carried away by a Krampus for my Christmas present.  Dammit.

Edited by SnarkyTart
  • Love 10

Myt hatred of Juliette is well documented.   But as soon as I saw the long german word thing burning on Monroe and Rosalee's front lawn, I knew she would go through with the re-grimming.   It's not just hers and Nick's life.   He protects people like their friends from the bad ones.   And how fucking awesome was Hank.   He has no special powers, no way of knowing who is who, but his immediate reaction was "We need to get you inside."   He just wanted them safe.

Loved Nick pointing out that he was still a cop and could help that way.   So knew Theresa would kick that guy's ass.   

Enough with Adalind and "I want my baby."   Not only is it completely disconnected to everything else going on, but it is repetitious.   I've decided that she never got out of her cell.   Sensory deprivation is making her go nuts.   Hence the amazing cleanliness of her clothes despite being thrust in a dank, rat-infested cell.

• Love 2

Wouldn't the other cops have thought it odd that there were identical quadruplet men involved? I mean, what are the odds? Literally?

If there was any doubt about Adalind hallucinating, it became obvious when she had perfectly curled fairy tale hair in the not-nursery. In another show it would have been heartbreaking when she finally held her baby only to have it turn into a pig.

I'm glad Nick is finally going to get his Grimm-ness back. Juliette really does care about him, Monroe and Rosalie I think.

Trubel is starting to grow on me. I'm glad she's on the show.

Adalind in the dungeon and her Alice in Wonderland acid trips are getting boring. I forgot who that guy is that the Wesen thugs were chasing.

Someone really needs to tell Wu already!

• Love 1

Really need to just quit taking NBC's promos seriously.  Always misleading!  So, there really isn't any danger to "curing" Nick, but a whole bunch of awkwardness. In order to be a Grimm again, Juliette just needs to take a tonic that makes her look like Adalind, and then Nick has to have sex with her.  Yikes!  Although, I loved Renard's mom suggestion of just turning off the lights.  To be fair, when it was revealed, I was basically like "Well, if Juliette is up for it, just blindfold Nick and he can pretend it's Juliette's actual body."  But, I like that it sounds like it's going to happen, and it's because they want to protect Monroe and Rosalee from racist Wesens.

Theresa and Bud together was fun.  Theresa kicking ass was cool, but I do hope she realizes that she can just decapitate Wesens in daylight.  Even threatening them like that is dangerous.  Good thing no one else was outside at that time.

Wu is not even bothering hiding to Nick and Hank, that he thinks they are being shady.  Love it!  Of course, now that Renard is on hand, I kind of worry about him.  Speaking of which, I have to think Renard telling his mom that the baby is with Nick's mom, is going to come into play.

I swear, I can't remember anything about that key and the guy, so all those scenes just meant nothing to me.

Speaking of which, Actual Adalind's story-line continues to be the biggest waste of space ever.

Edited by thuganomics85

In another show it would have been heartbreaking when she finally held her baby only to have it turn into a pig.

That was very Alice In Wonderland, wasn't it?

(Oops, I see Straycat80 made the same connection!)

Speaking of cats, I thought the Luison looked more like a cat (Klaustreich?) at the beginning than a wolf.  I wouldn't have thought "wolf" until I read the synopsis.  When Trubel went after Shaw I wondered if there would be a connection.

I forgot who that guy is that the Wesen thugs were chasing.

I think everyone did!

I actually kind of liked the Adalind scenes tonight because they had a very dream-like, fairy tale quality to them.

We really, really must see the meeting between Mama Renard and Mama Grimm. That will be epic.

Not only is Wu not even trying to hide that he knows something shady is up with Nick, Nick doesn't even seem to be trying to hide his guilt. It was all over his face when he looked back at Wu.

I love Teresa more with each episode. She really doesn't mess around, and I think she really is starting to look at Nick and Juliette as family. Can we keep her, please?

• Love 7

...Theresa kicking ass was cool, but I do hope she realizes that she can[not] just decapitate Wesens in daylight.  Even threatening them like that is dangerous.  Good thing no one else was outside at that time....

Hmmmm....now that you mention it, by any chance was Wu lurking around following her?

The only way this Wu plot can end to my satisfaction is if by the time Nick and/or Hank tell him, he already knows and makes them sweat it, then just shrugs and spouts off some Wessen factoids.

Poor Philly dude. He is what Nick could've been. I hope he does what Nick says, but he's comin' to Portland, right? Jagerhunds. They are why folks can't have nice things, like their dads ashes in a nice urn.

Teresa kicked scary-enough ass, so hopefully Bud learned his lesson about loose lips.

Adalind? Is the George Constanza of the show. Every decision she has made has been bad, so she needs to do like George and stop just going with her gut. I want to like her, and understand where some of her mindset is coming from, but the directions weren't hard this episode.

Elizabeth?  Can we keep her a little longer? Not too long, but maybe just a bit longer than next episode?  I liked that she's all Mom around Renard. His 'do I really have to woge' look was such a kid's reaction.

I thought I recognized Ava/Eva; Jacqueline Obrados(sp?) from NYPD Blue, for me. I was so glad to see her, but that Luison? Needed a good hook to the nose.I was not expecting the resolution, so there's that! *g* It was also cool that we got more background on "fairy tale" wolves that was inclusive.  I was kind of hoping the husband was good, but I guess that would've been too complex to deal with.

I liked that the episode started with Juliette being game for the spell as long as she didn't lose her essential self to the magic. That's fair. She was game, but she left it to Nick, the person most affected by the spell. That she unhesitantly spoke to Nick about re-Grimming to keep friends safe was great.   Nick being so honest with Monroe was a great scene. That the group's laughter is what sparked the conversation was good as well. If they can figure out how to get Wu on their side, the team could be such a cool group of kick-ass snarkers  for Good and Fairness.

Nick's frustration with his limits could be explored more, even after he is re-Grimmed. Talking to Hank and Monroe about how he had come to depend and rely on his abilities could be wonderful moments.

Just so many ideas floating around my head, but I overall liked this episode, even with Viktor being assy as ever. Poor Adalind, just lie like you're Catherine and run away like you just stole something asap!  Please! (Psst, Meisner? Be there to help her okay? I'm trying to be good, Krampus!)

Maybe I'm in the minority of actually knowing who Josh was right away.

Maybe it was because I thought he was cute the first time around. And I figured he would be back. With Nick losing his powers, I figured they would use Josh as a juxtaposition - his Grimm dad is dead and he knows about the Grimm world, but can't do anything about it. Nick needs to get his powers back!

I had mixed feelings about Teresa when she was introduced, but she has grown on me. I love the family vibe she has with Nick and Juliette . And she is pretty badass.

And, why oh why am I being treated to Adalind's nightmares? Sheesh...what a waste of airtime!

So Elizabeth wants to find her grandchild....and Viktor and Adalind want the baby...sounds like a set up of a showdown later on down the line? I'd love to see Mama Grimm and Mama Hexenbeist team up and go batsh$t crazy on the royals. Cutting off ALL their heads. And then we'd be done with the Vienna storyline once and for all!

Edited by neuromom
  • Love 3
Enough with Adalind and "I want my baby."   Not only is it completely disconnected to everything else going on, but it is repetitious.

That whole surreal scene reminded me an awful lot of Daenerys screaming

"Where Are My Dragons?"

in the House Of The Undying, in GoT season 2. And done more like the HoTU in the book, too, I might add. That would be a nice shout-out if done on purpose!

I really wish the showrunners understood that the audience probably doesn't give a fig about the whole Royals subplot, and that the longer it's drawn out, the less interest viewers will have. We care about our central core characters first and foremost, we love the Wesen Case Of The Week and the immediate storyline about Nick's being a Grimm and learning more about the Wesen world through his (and now Trubel's) eyes.

I'm really afraid for the show's ratings if they keep this asinine baby and Royals plot going without hint of an endgame to it, and with NBC's improvement in the overall ratings this year, you know they're now going to be looking for under-achieving scripted shows to axe next spring. I think TPTB are running out of time to focus the story in a way that will both hold and grow the audience.

Edited by SilverStormm
Tagged potential spoiler for another show in an unexpected place.
  • Love 2

I'm glad Nick is finally going to get his Grimm-ness back. Juliette really does care about him, Monroe and Rosalie I think.

Trubel is starting to grow on me. I'm glad she's on the show.

We really, really must see the meeting between Mama Renard and Mama Grimm. That will be epic.

Not only is Wu not even trying to hide that he knows something shady is up with Nick, Nick doesn't even seem to be trying to hide his guilt. It was all over his face when he looked back at Wu.

I love Teresa more with each episode. She really doesn't mess around, and I think she really is starting to look at Nick and Juliette as family. Can we keep her, please?

The Grandma meetup will be awesome. I can see both Nick & Renard, holding their mothers from killing each other.

Indeed, Trubel is a real keeper. Fat dude better go change his shorts. I hope the writers see that, and the show has the $$$ to keep her around.

She, however, should have packed out & gone to stay with Monroe & Roselle for a few days, for two reasons: to give Nick & Juliette some time alone, and to help protect the newlyweds. I can't recall which flavor Wesen are playing KKK, but I can assure you that if they ran into Theresa, they'd be on the crossarms before they could say uncle.

I remembered the son-of-dying Grimm, but not his name.

Edited by Syme
  • Love 4

Maybe I'm in the minority of actually knowing who Josh was right away....

I remembered him around the time he called Nick. It was an interesting symbolism choice to have the son walk into the house saying to the urn, "You're home, Dad," and then moments later have his ashes scattered all over the trashed place. It would have been more effective if they had reminded us earlier that they were Grimm ashes.
  • Love 2

Myt hatred of Juliette is well documented.   But as soon as I saw the long german word thing burning on Monroe and Rosalee's front lawn, I knew she would go through with the re-grimming.   It's not just hers and Nick's life.   He protects people like their friends from the bad ones.   And how fucking awesome was Hank.   He has no special powers, no way of knowing who is who, but his immediate reaction was "We need to get you inside."   He just wanted them safe.

Loved Nick pointing out that he was still a cop and could help that way.   So knew Theresa would kick that guy's ass.   

Enough with Adalind and "I want my baby."   Not only is it completely disconnected to everything else going on, but it is repetitious.   I've decided that she never got out of her cell.   Sensory deprivation is making her go nuts.   Hence the amazing cleanliness of her clothes despite being thrust in a dank, rat-infested cell.

I loved Juliette's expression when she told Nick he needed to be a Grimm again.  She was regarding that burning sign like it was a tumor she needed to remove.

Adalind was bad enough, but I'm started to loathe Victor now.  He put her (and us) through five episodes of "I want my baby!" captivity and hallucinations just to get Adalind to where she already was, wanting her baby and happy to work with/for him to get her.

• Love 1

Really need to just quit taking NBC's promos seriously.  Always misleading!  So, there really isn't any danger to "curing" Nick, but a whole bunch of awkwardness. In order to be a Grimm again, Juliette just needs to take a tonic that makes her look like Adalind, and then Nick has to have sex with her.  Yikes!  Although, I loved Renard's mom suggestion of just turning off the lights.  To be fair, when it was revealed, I was basically like "Well, if Juliette is up for it, just blindfold Nick and he can pretend it's Juliette's actual body."  But, I like that it sounds like it's going to happen, and it's because they want to protect Monroe and Rosalee from racist Wesens.

I had the same exact thought. I don't know what the big deal is--Nick never has to see Juliette as Adalind. Just purchase a nice blindfold from your local department store (or adult store if preferred) and have them do the deed in a dark room with Juliette on top. Done.

I called the Wesen of the week being identical siblings--although my guess was triplets and not quadruplets. I also called Nick's de-Grimming arc lasting all of 6 episodes. If he gets his powers back by episode 7 I'll be right on the money. Perhaps this is a sign I watch far too much television, because I seem to be able to see all the major twists coming a mile away on most shows I watch these days.

Getting really sick of Adalind in Wonderland. Those parts of her tripping balls just cheapens the entire show between the awful SFX and derivative B-movie hijinks. I was glad to see the return of Josh whats-his-name. Perhaps Trubel can move to PA and protect him until he comes into his own. That being said, I really loved how badass she was in this ep laying down the law. She's starting to really grow on me.

Speaking of cats, I thought the Luison looked more like a cat (Klaustreich?) at the beginning than a wolf.  I wouldn't have thought "wolf" until I read the synopsis.  When Trubel went after Shaw I wondered if there would be a connection.

The Luison looked like feline Zoobilee Zoo characters to me. I can see why Ava was terrified. Those creatures scared the shit out of me as a child.

• Love 3

I see I'm not the only one who has been referring to it as Adalind in Wonderland, & I am just as sick to death of it as everyone else. I hope it's the last we see of it. I don't even understand the purpose of it, she was already doing what the royals wanted to get her baby back, why did they go through that whole stupid thing to get her to do what she was already doing? 

The "Juliette must turn into Adalind & screw Nick" thing is just stupid, couldn't they come up with a better plot?

• Love 2

Well, we got an extended Monroe sighting!  And he actually had something to do!  So nice.

I've enjoyed the fairy tale-esque appearance of Adalind's hallucinations but the whole Royals storyline is so dragged out and detached from what else is going on.  Maybe they feel like they have to do all this to get all the players into position for a later showdown between Royals, Resistance, various Hexenbiests and Grimms and whoever else over the fate of Diana, but damn.  Let's move it, Show!  You're already "late for a very important date!"

I suspected the husband in the Wesen-of-the-Week story but didn't really think quadruplets.  They showed him in bed at the beginning while his wife was being tormented so it had to be either multiples or some kind of Hexenbiest-ish spell.  But I was on to him from the beginning.  The Luison's voice sounded like the husband's.

• Love 1

*ermgod I don't want you to be a grimm because you had sex with a hexenbeist who you thought was me*

*Trubel kicks ass in the scences she's in*

*No one cares about Adalind while she's in Belgium or Austria and is having hallucinations because her character sucks and none of us give a shit."

Wu looks angsty and tells Hank that he knows about their secrets, he doesn't even care because if you watched Prison Break you know that Wu's actor is capable of many emotional ranges and you eye rolls as plucky comic relief gives a what for to the main cast.

"OMG there is a burning thing in your friends yard, you must become a Grimm again!"

Seriously, what would the wesen do to a gay inter-species relationship? Like gay relationships are being given rights but most of Portland is wesen and all angry about foxXwolf. This is why I wished there was a more firmly confirmed backstory.

Mama Grimm and Hexenbeist are moving towards a fight but we don't know anything about them.

why could the wife see the brothers woge-ing, when humans can't see wesen in their wesen form? I've never understood the show's "rules" on this

That's because the rules are vague. No, not vague. Convoluted. So Wesen Woge and the only ones who can see them are other Wesen and Grimms. Unless they lose their temper or want to feed or something when they "full Woge" and in that phase anyone can see them. It's kind of analogous to... I mean it's kind of like when... when writers say that only Grimms can see Wesen and then say that they are the reason behind fairy tales and then they have to reconcile those two contradictory things. That's what it's like.

I enjoyed this episode. I fast forward anything Adalind or Royals so that didn't bother me because it never happened.

• Love 1
In order to be a Grimm again, Juliette just needs to take a tonic that makes her look like Adalind, and then Nick has to have sex with her.  Yikes!

Having to have sex with a brain-swapped Claire Coffee yeah, poor Nick! Come on man, buck up. Take one for the team. A grimm should be up for this I think. Opportunity to get his freak on, go a little nuts! Make lemonade! Instead he'll be his usual one-note stolid self, pumping away reluctantly while wearing a blindfold zzzzzz because, morality.

Gotta tell Wu soon, or they'll run out of things for the actor to do. Agree with poster above who said we (judging anyway by me, and consensus in here) don't give a fig about the royals. Or Adalind's baby. Or Adalind, other than in the above-mentioned predicament.

I liked the mask resolution to the case of the week.

Edited by fauntleroy
  • Love 1

Having to have sex with a brain-swapped Claire Coffee yeah, poor Nick! Come on man, buck up. Take one for the team. A grimm should be up for this I think. Opportunity to get his freak on, go a little nuts! Make lemonade! Instead he'll be his usual one-note stolid self, pumping away reluctantly while wearing a blindfold zzzzzz because, morality.

Gotta tell Wu soon, or they'll run out of things for the actor to do. Agree with poster above who said we (judging anyway by me, and consensus in here) don't give a fig about the royals. Or Adalind's baby. Or Adalind, other than in the above-mentioned predicament.

I liked the mask resolution to the case of the week.

I like Nick and his (sometimes crumbling) morality.

• Love 1

...The "Juliette must turn into Adalind & screw Nick" thing is just stupid, couldn't they come up with a better plot?

Until I read this post, it actually didn't occur to me how much this plot point was as if it was written by Chuck Lorre. And yet, within the context of the story, it actually works for me in a serious, exploring-relationship-insecurities-of-a-Grimm sort of way. But then I read this post...

Having to have sex with a brain-swapped Claire Coffee yeah, poor Nick! Come on man, buck up. Take one for the team. A grimm should be up for this I think. Opportunity to get his freak on, go a little nuts! Make lemonade! Instead he'll be his usual one-note stolid self, pumping away reluctantly while wearing a blindfold zzzzzz because, morality...

...reading this post makes me LOL at what the writers managed to pass off as a spell breaking requirement. If the Emperor of "The Emperor's New Clothes" had this writing team doing his PR, the little girl in the crowd would have never pointed out he was naked. Heh.

And from the quote thread:

Rosalee: Maybe think of [sleeping with Nick while looking like Adalind] like wearing a costume.

Nick: A costume of a woman who tried to kill me.

While Nick's reply totally fits Mr. Morality, it would have been fun if at that point Nick had whipped out and put on one of the many wolf masks they bought while trying to find one that looked like a luison. Edited by shapeshifter

I do worry about the sex scene between Nick and Adalind, because if there is hot chemistry (and I think there will be) I will weep at the lost potential.   

I like Adalind so I enjoyed her Alice in Wonderland scenes.  She is so hell bent for leather to find her daughter she has become completely blind to everything else.  That certainly can happen.  I liked that Nick did actually admit that they did take Adalind's baby away from her and he didn't try to pretty it up to assuage any guilt he might have for that act.  Which I do not think he truly does.  I'm still not sure who is more stupid in this storyline, the Scooby Gang for what they did or Adalind for what she's doing.

Overall this was a good episode, but Nick has just become a shell of his former self.  I loved the conversation he had with Monroe.  Too bad he can't have that honest conversation with Juliette.  It has to bug the crap out of him that he is walking around essentially blind.  It's kind of like losing a porting of your vision. 

Having more Monroe was great, but here is another character who is a shell of his former self.  I so love first season Monroe but alas I do not believe we will ever get him back.

I did know who Josh was right away and I'm not sure why.  I wasn't crazy about Nick's reaction to his calls for help.  Nick essentially told him he was on his own so just go hide somewhere.  Thanks Nick, you've been a big help.

*No one cares about Adalind while she's in Belgium or Austria and is having hallucinations because her character sucks and none of us give a shit."

Please do not speak for me.  I do care about Adalind and I do give a shit.  Thank you.

• Love 4
Spinoff! Two badass mom's fighting evil and changing diapers

Two badass grandmas fighting evil and changing diapers! 

Having to have sex with a brain-swapped Claire Coffee yeah, poor Nick!

Nick isn't sexing Claire Coffee, the RL actress, but Adalind, his rapist. Even if he never calls what happened rape, it was a violation. If it had been a female character, say Teresa, this happened to, there would be angry talk about how uncool to make Teresa have to undergo that part of the spell's undoing. But because it's a guy, he needs to just what? Take one for the team?  I forgot! She's pretty! That makes the sex okay, right? (Yes, it's really Juliette, but like lots of fictional spells, doing the opposite is supposed to undo it. Not so much Chuck Lorre, though it fits.)

"OMG there is a burning thing in your friends yard, you must become a Grimm again!"

Yes, in our country's proud history, folks burning symbols of prejudice and hate means there needs to be an answering to from the folks who try to intimidate others. The best way for Nick to ensure his friends' safety is to be re-Grimmed.

• Love 12
That's because the rules are vague. No, not vague. Convoluted. So Wesen Woge and the only ones who can see them are other Wesen and Grimms. Unless they lose their temper or want to feed or something when they "full Woge" and in that phase anyone can see them. It's kind of analogous to... I mean it's kind of like when... when writers say that only Grimms can see Wesen and then say that they are the reason behind fairy tales and then they have to reconcile those two contradictory things. That's what it's like.

I always sort of interpreted it more like: the "Full Woge" means they want to be seen in their natural form, so when they do it, everyone sees. When they "only a Grimm or other Wesen can see it" woge, it's more of an involuntary thing, like when they're having strong emotions (either positive or negative). They can do the in-betweener woge voluntarily too, as we've seen, but the distinction is basically: they'd never accidentally reveal themselves to a human; they have to purposefully reveal themselves to a human. But a Grimm can spot them even when they don't want to be spotted.

I am bored with the Adalind thing because it's been super repetitive, and I get they're probably going for a Sisphysian thing, where if she weren't tormented repeatedly it'd seem too easy, but it's just not being executed well enough to display the frustration without being redundant to watch. Like, I get it, it's a dungeon that's taunting her. And that one dude may or may not really be trying to help her get out but she doesn't listen and gets sent back to the beginning. Fine. Don't need any more Alice references to get that point. They've made it five times.

It pissed me off that Juliette seemed to have completely forgotten about the blinding-searing-knocked-Nick-to-the-ground headache and weird shared vision with Adalind thing that happened that they basically know is connected to what she did. All the "hey maybe don't get re-Grimmed" talk earlier in the episode completely ignored that. But then as soon as she sees the hate crime she's all back onboard. Although I guess the overhearing the thing about Shaw also nudged her too.

But still, she already had plenty of evidence to suggest he was in physical danger anyway. Hell, most of the cases they deal with are Wesen doing bad things to humans who don't even know they exist. So why would she think his going off to be "normal" would be any less dangerous? The only difference is they wouldn't be able to see the dangers coming or know the extent of it.(Is this just a random angry thug charging at me? Or does he really have the strength of a bull? Nobody knows!) I know there was sort of a theory floated about Wesen sort of...being drawn to Grimms, hence more show up. So being de-Grimmed might reduce that. But still, non-Grimms in the world of the show encounter Wesen all the time. Also: he's a frigging police officer! It is literally his job to protect people from baddies and he may be killed at any moment doing it, magic responsibilities or not. So the whole"decision" read really flat and pointless to me. But hey, at least they made it together. That's something.

Edited by theatremouse
  • Love 3

This really felt like a filler episode, but thankfully it looks like Nick gets him Grimm back next week. I honestly don't know what the point of Adalind is anymore, beyond the producers thinking she was popular with audiences and they needed to find a way to keep her on the show. They're doing a lousy job with it.

Maybe I'm in the minority of actually knowing who Josh was right away.

Maybe it was because I thought he was cute the first time around.

So is that the same actor who played him last season? Because I didn't recognize him, at all.

And, why oh why am I being treated to Adalind's nightmares? Sheesh...what a waste of airtime!

We are the ones having nightmares.... from watching hers.

I had the same exact thought. I don't know what the big deal is--Nick never has to see Juliette as Adalind. Just purchase a nice blindfold from your local department store (or adult store if preferred) and have them do the deed in a dark room with Juliette on top. Done.

I have a better idea. Since being deGrimmed is all about being powerless... explore Juliette's until-now hidden side. She ties him down & proceeds to teach him some things Aunt Marie never mentioned during The Talk.  If it works, he gets his strength back & breaks the bonds; if not, she then tries X, Y & Z until.....

Edited by Syme
So is that the same actor who played him [Josh] last season? Because I didn't recognize him, at all.

I think so? Although for me, I recognized who he was because there was a scene with his dad in the "previouslies" and the text on screen said "Philadelphia" and for some reason I remembered that that's where they were from. It wasn't so much his face or name that tipped me to who he was.

• Love 1

I recognized the guy right away too. 

I kept thinking it would be interesting if the woman was really hallucinating and there were no Wesen involved.  I knew that wouldn't be the case, since we are on the road to re-Grimming Nick, but it would have been a neat twist.  

And then, unrelatedly, I also thought of Harvey, and wondered if he could be a Wesen too.  (Initially the wesen-of-the-week reminded me of Harvey despite not being a rabbit).  That could be a fun cross-over.  The author was a Grimm or something...  but I digress.

• Love 4
I recognized who he was because there was a scene with his dad in the "previouslies" and the text on screen said "Philadelphia" and for some reason I remembered that that's where they were from. It wasn't so much his face or name that tipped me to who he was.

I recognized him for that reason, too. For a moment, I was expecting his latent Grimm powers to suddenly kick in and was wondering if that was also what was going on with the woman seeing the "wolves" (I actually thought they looked a little more like Fuchsbau), that she was another Grimm.

I'm sure this type of question has been answered before, but why could the wife see the brothers woge-ing, when humans can't see wesen in their wesen form? I've never understood the show's "rules" on this.

They've actually spelled this out pretty well and have been rather consistent with it. Monroe explained it when he was giving Hank the Wesen 101 lecture. There's the partial woge when their control slips a little or when they want to show themselves to other Wesen. That's when Grimms and other Wesen can see them but normal humans can't. Then there's the full woge, when they totally lose control or when they choose to let humans see them. In that state, anyone can see them. They've previously run into Wesen using this ability on purpose, like those who woge to try to freak out the cops, only to find that Hank's already in the know, or the bank robbers who committed their crimes in full woge so they couldn't be identified. As Monroe mentioned in this episode, that's a violation of the code, and the bank robbers were executed by someone from the Council for doing that.

Nick isn't sexing Claire Coffee, the RL actress, but Adalind, his rapist. Even if he never calls what happened rape, it was a violation.

I can also see where it would really freak him out when he's still reeling over having been deceived into cheating on Juliette by sleeping with their enemy. He had sex with a woman he hated and is probably still grossed-out about that. And now he has to have sex with her again, and even knowing that it isn't really her probably won't help. He couldn't tell the difference with the potion "Juliette," so apparently she felt, smelled and sounded exactly the same. Turning out the lights won't help if Juliette under the potion feels, smells and sounds like Adalind.

• Love 1
Nick isn't sexing Claire Coffee, the RL actress, but Adalind, his rapist.

Well no, he'd be sexing his wife, who momentarily would look and feel like Adalind, but who would not in fact be Adalind. It will be the opposite of what happened last time when it was Adalind looking and feeling like Juliette. Real Adalind wouldn't even know it occurred, like real Juliette didn't know what occurred last time. In the name of reversing the spell. At least that was my understanding. Surely it's allowed to enjoy having sex with your wife, even if she's wearing a realistic costume?

Edited by fauntleroy

Good, it's about time Nick gets his powers back! Although what a squicky way to do it.

Twins, I predicted; quadruplets, not so much -- a litter, as Monroe said.  Speaking of, it was great to see him involved in a case like in the old days, giving Nick information and help he would not otherwise have had, Grimm or not.

I really hope we see the initial meeting between Renard's mom and Nick's mom.

If there was any doubt about Adalind hallucinating, it became obvious when she had perfectly curled fairy tale hair in the not-nursery. In another show it would have been heartbreaking when she finally held her baby only to have it turn into a pig.

I know; I just laughed and thought of Alice in Wonderland.  I mean, I'd be devastated if someone took my baby, but on the other hand I would not connive to get pregnant and then use the baby as a pawn to get my powers back and manipulate royals.  If they want to show Adalind realizing and coping with the unintended consequences of her plotting (such as bonding to the baby) fine, but they haven't really done that.

Tell Wu!

• Love 1

I remember when Nick took Adalind's powers away there was some discussion about the violent/sexual nature of the encounter. What Adalind did to Nick was similar but with less violence and more sex.  So they have now attacked each other in an effort to take their agency away.  That being the case, can we knock that kind of thing the heck off?  And Adalind, while we're at it, stay away from Hank.

It would be nice if Adalind became more aware of the consequences of her actions.  But I would also like the others to have a bit more awareness as well.

Why is Nick not telling Juliette how he feels?  He seemed so relieved to say out loud to Monroe what he really felt and what he really wanted.  As was mentioned in another thread, it does feel like Nick is all about Juliette's feelings, and Juliette is all about Juliette's feelings. 

• Love 1

I remember when Nick took Adalind's powers away there was some discussion about the violent/sexual nature of the encounter. What Adalind did to Nick was similar but with less violence and more sex.  So they have now attacked each other in an effort to take their agency away.  That being the case, can we knock that kind of thing the heck off?  And Adalind, while we're at it, stay away from Hank.

It would be nice if Adalind became more aware of the consequences of her actions.  But I would also like the others to have a bit more awareness as well.

Why is Nick not telling Juliette how he feels?  He seemed so relieved to say out loud to Monroe what he really felt and what he really wanted.  As was mentioned in another thread, it does feel like Nick is all about Juliette's feelings, and Juliette is all about Juliette's feelings. 

Bit late for that isn't it seen as she already raped him after  drugging him as well - and would have happily seen him die if it wasn't for Nick goading her into biting him.Nick stripped her powers to save Hank's life not some weird trip to 'take her agency away '.BS

She magically date raped both of them and yet we still have female to male rape apologists writing what she did off as a triviality where if Nick had drugged and banged her would be singing a different tune .And the 'he's a man he should just turn the lights off  and man up ' brigade aren't much better

• Love 5

Nick and Juliette are clearly and rightly deeply skeeved out by what the restoration spells entails.  One of the things I like about this show is that the people on it act like real people.

Also, yes, it's fiction and yes, this approaches a Chuck Lorre situation, but it clearly isn't being played that way.  I mean, swap the roles and genders around a little.  If Juliette, the Grimm, had to have sex with with Nick while he looks like Addison, the male hexenbeist who'd taken her powers by raping her through deceit, would people still be all "Just close your eyes.  Addison's a hot piece of ass.  If rape is inevitable lie back and enjoy it, amiright, fellas, amiright? chuckle-chuckle-chuckle."

• Love 8

There were a couple moments last night that really showed me how far David has come as an actor. When Theresa says, "I understand why you don't want to be like me." and there's a reaction shot of Nick that was such a perfect combination of "The hell?", "How could you think that?" and "I want to be a Grimm damnit." They peppered in several of those types of reactions which was done well and really smart to build to Nick admitting he wants to be a Grimm. Yeah the MotW was basically filler but I was so confused. Rosalee is a fox, right? Monroe is a wolf. So wouldn't Rosalee be the best person to handle a fox Wesen? Adalind see reactions above and YAWN ff.

Twins, I predicted; quadruplets, not so much -- a litter, as Monroe said.

I knew there had to be more than two, or else the rapidity of his showing up in different places to make it seem quite so much like a hallucination would not have been plausible, but I wasn't sure exactly how many there'd be. It would've been kinda hilarious if there were even more, like six.

Okay, so, right, rape is never to be taken lightly and people would be pondering the situation more thoughtfully if it were a woman being sexually manipulated instead of Nick.  But. . .in order to save countless lives, protect his friends/family, regain his supernatural gifts and fulfill his destiny, Nick is required to have sex with a temporarily unidentifiable Juliette?  Why am I not hearing the sound of a zipper already?

Adalind, when you choose to ignore your magical mystery guide, who flat out warns you "Don't be fooled by anything you imagine in the room, your only hope is to get through the door on the other side"--and then the door is fucking labeled DOOR ON THE OTHER SIDE--you deserve to end up back in your dungeon.  Salt your gruel with tears, for all I care.

T-Wu.

• Love 4

Okay, so, right, rape is never to be taken lightly and people would be pondering the situation more thoughtfully if it were a woman being sexually manipulated instead of Nick.  But. . .in order to save countless lives, protect his friends/family, regain his supernatural gifts and fulfill his destiny, Nick is required to have sex with a temporarily unidentifiable Juliette?  Why am I not hearing the sound of a zipper already?

Adalind, when you choose to ignore your magical mystery guide, who flat out warns you "Don't be fooled by anything you imagine in the room, your only hope is to get through the door on the other side"--and then the door is fucking labeled DOOR ON THE OTHER SIDE--you deserve to end up back in your dungeon.  Salt your gruel with tears, for all I care.

T-Wu.

In the real world you can help save starving children by cutting most of what you spend on pleasure/entertainment and sending that money to Feed the Children, so why is your check not in the mail right this god-damn second?  Because those starving children are an abstraction.  You don't know them and you don't feel a connection to them aside from a distant, momentary pity.

While Nick wants to be a Grimm again, he realizes that doing this will cost him his normal life.  Are he and Juliette likely to choose to have children when some monster might break into their home and kill them and their babies?  Probably not.  Meanwhile, the danger to them and their friends was at that point mostly hypothetical.  The burning lightning bolt in Monroe and Rosalee's yard changed that.  Suddenly the danger is real and concrete, which prompted Nick and Juliette to choose for Nick to be a Grimm again.  The zippers will be coming down next week.

• Love 6

Did they arrest Javier?  One of 'em was calling for "Javier" in addition to the other two (Nobody called out for Gabriel)  Oh, now I'm getting confused.  Who were the luison brothers?  Gabriel, Julio, Javier...

Seemed kind of a dumb way to use their wesenalities - gaslighting a wife for her fortune. Surely, there are easier ways...

And I kept thinking she wasn't really as drugged as Gabriel thought she was because those dainty little sips of water were NOT gonna dissolve her meds anytime soon.

Okay, now we all do know that no matter what Adalind did she was going to end up back in the dungeon right?  There have been several comments about her not following directions, which was stupid on her part, but ultimately would not have made any difference.  I think Victor was testing her to see how determined she was to get her baby back and how much he could manipulate her to get control of the child himself. 

I agree SweetTooth, if Juliette really cared she would be far more aware of how Nick really feels about not being a Grimm.  Instead he only feels safe telling his friend Monroe.  As I watch week after week he just seems to be getting sadder and sadder, more withdrawn and quieter. 

• Love 3