Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E05: Cry Luison

Seemed kind of a dumb way to use their wesenalities - gaslighting a wife for her fortune. Surely, there are easier ways...

Where there's a will, there's a way.

Note that it was a lot of money....

I agree SweetTooth, if Juliette really cared she would be far more aware of how Nick really feels about not being a Grimm.

Makes you wonder...if she can't glom onto Nick's emotional states, how the hell can she tell when a doggy patient isn't feeling so hot?

• Love 1

The Luison looked like feline Zoobilee Zoo characters to me. I can see why Ava was terrified. Those creatures scared the shit out of me as a child.

The first time we saw the guy I thought he was the spitting image of Bravo the Fox.

Two badass grandmas fighting evil and changing diapers!.

Unless Nick's mom has some other kid we know nothing about and that kid has a child, she is not a grandmother.

While we are at it, I hate the fact that the show jettisoned James Frain's character and expects us to forget Adalind needs to take a trip to Maury to find her baby daddy. My hope is that Mama Renard finds demon baby, realizes she is not her grandchild and Adalind, baby and Victor go back to royal-land never to be seen or heard from again. Adalind and the royal dynamic are well past their expiration dates.

I like the use of Hank and Monroe this week. The team dynamic was good.

So, now that we know there are various canid Wesen from around the world, will we see an Australian dingo Wesen that eats babies?

If her baby is eaten by such; will that end her plotline?

• Love 1

Makes you wonder...if she can't glom onto Nick's emotional states, how the hell can she tell when a doggy patient isn't feeling so hot?

Maybe she needs to feel Nick's nose? He doesn't have a tail to wag.

I think Juliette has a perfect right to hold an opinion that might differ from Nick's. Him being a Grimm has affected her own life, and not for the better. I don't want to watch a comic book show -that's why the Adaline in Europe stuff is so dumb.

And somebody please talk to Wu!

• Love 1

When was the last time they even mentioned that she's a vet? I think they pretty much dropped that whole storyline.

...While Nick wants to be a Grimm again, he realizes that doing this will cost him his normal life.  Are he and Juliette likely to choose to have children when some monster might break into their home and kill them and their babies?  Probably not....

Also: Would their kids inherit Grimm genes only if he is re-Grimmed? Or would they anyway?

I'm sure Nick and Juliette will have children.  After all, Wesen have children knowing that there are Grimms around.  You don't just stop living.  It was great to see her at last be fully on Team Nick last night at the end, I think Juliette will be a better character for it.

• Love 1

I don't even know where to begin with this analogy, but it was specifically stated "friends/family," who are absolutely not an abstraction. Also, Nick wants his Grimm powers back, and this will give it to him, so again, not an abstraction.

And the point being made is actually an argument for the other side. People make up ridiculous, stupid excuses not to help others, when they do need to write that stupid check. 

But yeah, "I have sex with my girlfriend, I get my Grimm powers back and am able to protect not only society at large, but my family and friends" also, not an abstraction.

Nick stated outright he wanted to become a Grimm again. He is resentful his powers were taken away. He should not only be able to tell this to Juliette, but Juliette, as his LOOOOOONG time SO, should be able to tell. That she couldn't, speaks volumes. She cared only for herself, when she went to HIS friends and told them - told them, not asked - to stop trying to find a cure, without first checking in with Nick and giving him a safe environment in which he could be honest with her. 

I'm not saying you're wrong about Nick needing to be a Grimm.  However, you seem to be coming from the idea that this is a "no-brainer."  That Nick and Juliette just need to suck it up, huff if down, stick it in and get this done, as Trubel might put it.  That isn't true.  This choice is very much a "brainer."  Just the act itself is a huge deal in terms of issues of trust, intimacy and violation.  Beyond that, there is a huge cost to being a Grimm.  Unlike being a cop, Wesen "criminals" can and will go after a Grimm and his family.  Plus, Nick conversations with the guy in Philidelphia reveal another possibility - that Nick being a Grimm will pass to his children problems and dangers that they aren't equipped to handle.

Finally, I'll also note something neither the show nor anyone here has mentioned - this is magical ritual.  Juliette is going to be the subject of and conduit for mystical forces potent enough to remove and/or restore a Grimm's power.  What side effects will this have on her? 

Edited by johntfs
  • Love 4
...While Nick wants to be a Grimm again, he realizes that doing this will cost him his normal life.  Are he and Juliette likely to choose to have children when some monster might break into their home and kill them and their babies?  

Given what we've seen of how Wesen treat muggles, I'd add have to rephrase your question as '... when some monster might break into their home and kill them and their babies and Nick (as normal human cop) can't do anything about it?'  This is a world with magical, homicidal creatures, so a 'normal life' is an illusion, doubly so for a LEO.  I say 'Grimm up', have your babies, and be ready to defend them. Shit, if it gave me double-Grimm powers, I'd do Krampus. 

Edited by henripootel
  • Love 1

Finally, I'll also note something neither the show nor anyone here has mentioned - this is magical ritual.  Juliette is going to be the subject of and conduit for mystical forces potent enough to remove and/or restore a Grimm's power.  What side effects will this have on her?

My thought exactly.  That's why Juliette agreeing to go ahead with it is a very big deal.  And says as much about her as her initial reaction of going to Rosalee and Monroe.  Don't know if I'd have the guts. 

• Love 1

I guess I'm *almost* alone in my hatred of Adalind and all things Adalind. I don't see chemistry between her and Nick, her and Renard or her and anyone. If they are trying to ultimately redeem her, it may be too much for me to continue watching. Also, I despise the whole royals storyline and wish it would just go away, as much as I normally like Alexis Denisof as an actor.

I liked Juliette in the first season but haven't liked her much since. I wish she would just go away completely. She and Nick don't have any chemistry but I'm not sure if it's that they don't fit together or if she's just a bad actress. I didn't like Hank much the first half of the first season but I adore how he has evolved on the show and couldn't see it without him. I, too, didn't like Theresa when she first appeared, kind of like her now, but I'm ready for her to decide to move on when Nick is Grimmed again. Also, with Juliette having to "become" Adalind: it's horrible Nick was raped under false pretenses. I don't think anyone is saying it's not. But come on! He HAS to be Grimm again: it's who he IS ffs, and it will not be Adalind with whom he is having sex. It will be the love of his life. They need to focus on the big picture and it looks like they finally have.

This show needs to get back to the core: Nick, Monroe, Hank fighting regular and Wesen crime. Rosalie, Renard and Bud make frequent enough appearances to keep the audience wanting more. Wu, who has been tortured for 3 and a half seasons now is finally brought into the fold. And Juliette, Adalind, the royals and T rubel move on to their own lives that we are not forced to watch.

Edited by PepperMonkey
  • Love 1

I agree on everything except maybe Teresa.  She has enough of Nick's coloring, athleticism, and facial structure that I'm almost ready to believe that when Mama Grimm went missing she had just found out she was pregnant, but when she gave birth, she gave the baby up for adoption and intended to monitor the child as she grew, but was somehow informed that the baby had died of SIDS or something. 

Yeah, it's pretty far-fetched, but so is the rest of the show.  I've had to do some major fanwanking to come up with the reason that Nick didn't come into his powers until he was in his late 20's, while Mama Grimm and Aunt Marie were in their early teens when they started joining dear ol' dad on the Grimm circuit.  Monroe's belief that Nick became a Grimm is easily explained away because most wesen did their best to avoid Grimm's, so their information was tinged with a lot of 'what if's' and supposition.  I can't remember if Mama Grimm told Nick that the males in their family came into their powers late or not, but if his family was primarily male Grimm's it would possibly look to wesen that the new Grimm came into his powers when the previous Grimm died or was in the process of doing so.  It's not a perfect explanation, but it works for me.

It sounds like Nick's line of Grimm's were pretty ruthless, and that Makes Aunt Marie the first one of his family to really get to know a wesen (that we know of), and actually the best one to raise Nick because she told him to only kill the bad ones, whereas Mama Grimm might have told him to kill them all.

At least Mama Grimm has softened her stance somewhat.  She protected Adalind and the baby, and now that Adalind seems to be such a total screw up, maybe it's best for the baby to be raised by someone else.  At least for now.  That purple eyed baby sure didn't seem too unhappy to be taken away for a life with Mama Grimm. 

Anyway, now that Teresa is grown and Nick is able to help her understand what's going on, they can eventually realize that they're related and either live in the same city or Teresa moves on knowing that she can always count on her big brother to help her out.

Edited by Zahdii

...Finally, I'll also note something neither the show nor anyone here has mentioned - this is magical ritual.  Juliette is going to be the subject of and conduit for mystical forces potent enough to remove and/or restore a Grimm's power.  What side effects will this have on her?

If I were Juliette, I'd be seriously worried that my body would get stuck in Adalind mode.
  • Love 2

This episode contained everything I love and hate about Grimm.

Rosalee And Monroe easily the heart of the show. Proving to Nick why Grimms are needed not just to protect humans but also the wesen that need help. I like this tone.

Nick. Dude was a good guy/cop before being a Grimm and he kept on being this guy while missing and wanting his grimm ness back.

Adalind. Love her. The show needs a anti-hero/defined antagonist like her. The show has completely retconned Renard into a good guy when he was pulling all the strings in season one. From my perspective, team Grimm and Adalind are still on equal footing. Adalind did wrong by hank, Nick punished her by taking her wesen nature away. He made it personal by that personal attack. Adalind had her weird journey into becoming a hexenbeast again, had her baby, baby was stolen, Adalind unknowingly punished the right perpetrators. Her attack was personal. And now Nick/Adalind are supposed connected even more.

Which brings me to Grimm things I hated:

- like the weird bluing of nick, slow heart rate or whatever from last season, I fear that this special connection will just be forgotten by the writers. Why do it if you are just going to hand wave it away a couple of episodes later. Makes no sense.

- Wu - I don't like this character. Maybe it's the weird swag that actor carries himself with, I just don't buy what he is selling as a character. So don't cAre. If it was a choice of Wu or more hank development. Give me hank please.

- Juliette - why do we need her character? She is not a hero so please show, just stop. The fact that she is making decisions for Nick, doesn't better her character, it just undermines nick's character.

Finally trubel. I like trubel and I like Nick training the next generation. But can we have actual training and wisdom sharing please while being the crime fighting team- that would be nice. I liked how she did not hesitate to protect Nick.

Edited by GirlWednesday
  • Love 1
THAT is scary. One Adalind is too much, but 2 of them????

Sadly, I'd take two Adalinds over even one Juliette. 

For me, Nick is the type of character who needs to interact with dynamic people in order to seem more vibrant and interesting. Vapid, dull, personality-free, vaguely valley girl-ish Juliette does not, IMO, qualify. 

Edited by amensisterfriend
  • Love 3

Finally trubel. I like trubel and I like Nick training the next generation. But can we have actual training and wisdom sharing please while being the crime fighting team- that would be nice. I liked how she did not hesitate to protect Nick.

I dunno. I think they're taking the exact right approach with Trubel. I mean, when she appeared on the show, she was confused and traumatized and had no idea what was happening to her and why. What she needed was information and safety. To know and understand what she was, and to have a safe space to process all that, without having to constantly fear for her life. Nick gave her both of those. (And he's been rewarded for that - she's become quite the selfless, ferocious protector of him and Juliette.)

I think it's been made clear that Trubel is a smart, mature, capable woman who is not in need of "training" or mentoring as much as she is in need of someone to care about her. Nick has pretty much taught her everything he can about being a Grimm. She's already an amazing fighter (she's killed more Wesen than Nick has, and not by dumb luck), she understands the nuance of good Wesen and bad (the way she sincerely and immediately apologized for her part in ruining Monroe and Rosalee's wedding was really touching - she cares about them and wants them to be happy, and has no lingering resentment or distrust of them because they're Wesen), and she is able to use her Grimm-ness, like Nick, to solve Wesen related problems without resorting to killing. She is genuinely good and wants to do good. All she really needs is information. Nick has given her access to the trailer (she is often there without him) and she keeps some of those books by her bed to study. She is learning on her own, the way Nick had to, with support from others. But she doesn't really need to be "taught" anything, just given the space to stretch herself and take on new experiences, and know that she has a safety net of people who will damn well back her up if she gets in over her head. All Nick can really do is support her, be protective of her, stay close, and care about her, which he obviously does and it's just so rewarding to see the effect that has on her, because it's something she hasn't had in a very long time.

I don't need to see much in the way of training/mentoring here, especially since Wu is being positioned to find out soon, and then it's going to feel like the show is constantly going back to square one, with someone needing to be taught about Wesen, and having a hard time handling it, and making mistakes due to inexperience, and needing to be bailed out and mentored by people who know better... We've had that in the past and it looks like we're set for more in the future. Trubel is kind of a nice break from the pattern. I know that makes her plot usefulness kind of limited (once Nick gets his Grimm-ness back she will unfortunately be superfluous), but I'm really hoping that the writers have decided to keep her around and find a more permanent place for her on the cast, because she really is the best thing on the show right now, and part of that is the sheer novelty of her character NOT being a typical newbie/trainee, but filling a role on the show that is actually new and unexplored territory. Which is unusual for Grimm.

When Nick does get his Grimm-ness back, I would LOVE to see them take down some evil Wesen together. They are going to make a seriously bad-ass team.

• Love 2

I kept thinking it would be interesting if the woman was really hallucinating and there were no Wesen involved.  I knew that wouldn't be the case, since we are on the road to re-Grimming Nick, but it would have been a neat twist.

I thought that would have been more interesting, too. In fact I kind of thought that's where they were going with it, because he kept popping in and out of her car, beside her, etc., and we don't know any Wesen that has that power. This would have been an excellent opportunity to show the real problem with Nick not being a Grimm, because when he hears someone talking about a man with a wolf head, of course he immediately assumes Blutbad, but he has no real way of telling now.

What continues to frustrate me is that they haven't really addressed all the other abilities Nick has acquired or developed over the past three seasons, like his super hearing and his quick reflexes, and his dying then not dying. Did he lose all those abilities too, or just his ability to see Wesen woge?

Also, I'm wondering where this connection to Adalind is going - the fact that they seem to be able to see through each other's eyes. I hope to hell this re-Grimming thing works, because I have a sneaking suspicion that it might turn out Nick needs to go and rescue Adalind in order to become a Grimm again, and maybe that's where seeing through her eyes comes into play, like that's how he'll know where to find her.

• Love 2

Also, I'm wondering where this connection to Adalind is going - the fact that they seem to be able to see through each other's eyes.

I'm worried it happens again while Nick & Julieadalid are boinking.

It would be very ...awkward.... for Adalind to find she's doing herself....

• Love 1

Sometimes when I read the comments here, I feel like I missed something big on the show. I didn't like Juliette telling Rosalee and Monroe not to work on the potion. But up until this episode, I felt like Nick hadn't completely decided to get his Grimm back. So I don't blame Juliette for not knowing he wanted it. He didn't even know. I also don't think it's wrong for either of them to want a normal life. I think that this episode made them realize that wasn't possible and they both decided they were willing to do what it takes to get it. I mean, the audience has known all along that bad guys were coming for Nick without his powers. But Nick and Juliette didn't know. They didn't know that Bud told everyone.

I guess I just don't see this as Juliette being out of line in wanting a normal life when Nick wanted the same thing.

• Love 6
Speaking of cats, I thought the Luison looked more like a cat (Klaustreich?) at the beginning than a wolf.

Mrs. Pootel (a sometimes-Grimm viewer) at the beginning of the episode: "Why is that woman being menaced by Rum Tum Tugger?"

Rum_tum_tugger.jpg

Edited by henripootel
  • Love 5

Nick told Monroe he wanted to be Grimm before the sign burning on the lawn.  It was Juliette who finally came to that realization after the big blaze.  Nick has never said specifically he didn't want to regrimm, he just spouted the Juliette party line.  He said maybe it is better not being a Grimm.  I think he always wanted to get his powers back but was reluctant to say so.  It would be kind of like losing the sense of taste, at first you might think, perhaps I could lose weight if  I can't taste things, then you realize what you are really missing out on and at that point so want that sense back.

henripootel very cute, think she's got something there.

• Love 1

Good points, slovenly muse! On trubel not needing training. I guess i want the same time as you. More screen time with trubel and Nick together without Nick holding back.

Regarding Juliette, I thought it was not Juliette's place to speak/ decide for Nick. He is the hero of this story. He should be able to be conflicted. Sometimes I feel like the show and all the characters need to be less concerned with Juliette and her feelings. Ymmv on this. Since we all watch with our own goggles.

• Love 1

Mrs. Pootel (a sometimes-Grimm viewer) at the beginning of the episode: "Why is that woman being menaced by Rum Tum Tugger?"

Rum_tum_tugger.jpg

Very bizarrely, our local PBS station showed a filmed version of Cats Friday night, which we tuned into right after Grimm. I couldn't help but notice the resemblance, too.

• Love 2

I also think Theresa's skills are great. She takes care of business. She does just need people around her who accept her. She's grown leaps and bounds being accepted and everyone not telling her she's crazy. Her social skills have improved by being around society. I like how she's being treated as an equal and respected, which is really all she ever wanted.

I agree but, she still needs training. There's plenty for her to learn on multiple fronts: on Grimm knowledge [There's lots in the trailer -- I agree Nick needs a scanner & database except we know NSA would be all over such.....], some social graces such as eating with silverware, and her fighting skills need constant practice & improvement.

I think I smell the future; the writers are going to have her move in with Josh Porter in Philly.

Edited by Syme

Nick definitely suppressed his need/want to be a Grimm again, because he didn't want to upset Juliette....

I would think he would also be questioning the wisdom of his desire to be a Grimm for his own life too. For most of his life he avoided using lethal force whenever possible. As a Grimm, he uses it frequently. He might wonder if his thirst for Grimmliness isn't just a little bit bloodthirstiness--like an addiction. I would have enjoyed a longer conversation between Nick and Monroe that would include such musings. Monroe could compare it to his decision to be a vegetarian. Maybe Nick could decide to be a vegetarian Grimm. Heh. Of course, I would like more Monroe, period. Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 3

Hmmm. I think Nick genuinely is/was conflicted about whether or not to try and get his powers back. I mean, when he told Monroe that the thought of moving away and starting a new, safe, life with Juliette was "appealing," I don't think he meant that it was appealing only to Juliette. This is definitely something he's been considering, because it's something he might want for himself. I don't think it's as simple as saying "he wanted to do it for Juliette, and she's selfish for not knowing what he REALLY wanted all along," I think it really has been a long 5-episode process of trying to live without his Grimm-ness, handing the heavy lifting on that front over to Theresa, doing his job the best he can even though he's impeded by Adalind's spell, watching his friends struggle with problems he can't help them with anymore, and actually EXPERIENCING the pros and cons of getting re-Grimm-ified in order to come to his conclusion. He probably confided this to Monroe because he was only just becoming aware of how his feelings were tipping and needed a sounding board. I don't think it's fair to blame Juliette at all, because she hasn't pressured him one way or another, and while she did go to Monroe and Rosalee behind Nick's back, it's not like she went to tell them NOT to find a cure, or lie to him that there wasn't one... she just told them not to hurry up about it so that Nick could have the time to really think about it instead of grabbing for his abilities back as an instinctive reaction to the shock of having them taken away. Not particularly cool, on her part, but not the egregious violation of trust that others have made it out to be either.

As for Trubel's departure, if it happens, man, I have some thoughts on that. I feel like I should take it to the Theresa thread, only there isn't one and we don't know if she'll be around long enough to bother starting one. And there's not a speculation thread either, so, I guess... it can stay here? Even though it's off topic? For lack of a designated thread?

I'm not sure if her departure will involve Josh, though if it doesn't, I don't know why else they'd be bringing him back like this. I still think Special Agent Chavez's kidnapping-slash-job offer will be a big motivating factor, because if it's not, then why did it happen? Just as a test of her trust in Nick? But it would make sense for her to take it, story-wise, because the writers seem to be trying to connect the story in Portland with the Royals story in Austria and Adalind isn't doing a particularly good job of doing that. Maybe Trubel being recruited by interests in that area could have the affect of pulling the Royals into the main story, rather than pulling Trubel out of it. And it could serve to open up the story to have a real stalwart ally like Trubel in a sensitive position outside of Portland with access to new resources and information that she can feed to Nick and the gang. Or, maybe the Royals are just the big sucking plot oubliette of Grimm, and she'll be cast down into it never to be heard from again. Who knows, maybe she'll take Josh with her? Or heck, maybe she'll send him in her place and stick around Portland! (Has he inherited Grimm-ness now that his father is dead? I can't remember.) But more likely, she'll decide to go off in search of the other keys, and we won't see her again until the writers figure out exactly where the keys are and what they're for. So... could be awhile.

• Love 2

I really don't want anything bad to happen to Monrosalee. They are my Happy Place right now, with all the Captain Swan angst over on OUaT.

I think doing the spell to re-Grimm Nick will have another benefit (or not, depending on your tolerance for Juliette). She'll no longer have any doubt (and who could blame her if she did) that Nick honestly couldn't tell the difference between the 'real' her and 'Adalind' her. 

...I think doing the spell to re-Grimm Nick will have another benefit (or not, depending on your tolerance for Juliette). She'll no longer have any doubt (and who could blame her if she did) that Nick honestly couldn't tell the difference between the 'real' her and 'Adalind' her....

I'm not so sure that couldn't go the other way. I mean, yes, she will absolutely look like Adalind, but in this instance Nick will know it is not the person who she looks like (Adalindd), so Juliette might wonder even more why he didn't know the person he slept with on the day of the wedding wasn't really Juliette. I'm not sure if I explained that very well. Does it make sense?
  • Love 1

I'm on the fence about Juliette.  I sometimes feel that she is written poorly and I can't tell if its done on purpose or not.  She's never been super supportive of Nick being a grimm and that may be a combination of him not telling her right away and/or all the things that happened to her because of it.  Which is understandable.  I do find that Juliette is a wet blanket almost all of the time.  I wonder if the actors had a chemistry test before filming?  I find that David has chemistry with a lot of other people but not with her.  Which doesn't help because I think that they are in it for the long haul.

The scene where she asked Monrosalee to stop looking for a cure did not come across well for her character.  It seemed very selfish because the audience knows that she was acting on her own without consulting Nick first.  Being a grimm is a big part of who Nick is and the actor has done a great job of conveying how lost Nick feels without his powers.  Why can't Juliette see that too?  I just wish that she had decided to help Nick become a grimm again because she felt that was the best thing for him and not because of an outside force making the decision for her.

I'll be glad when Nick gets his powers back.  I feel like I am still waiting for the season to start.

• Love 2

It pissed me off that Juliette seemed to have completely forgotten about the blinding-searing-knocked-Nick-to-the-ground headache and weird shared vision with Adalind thing that happened that they basically know is connected to what she did. All the "hey maybe don't get re-Grimmed" talk earlier in the episode completely ignored that. But then as soon as she sees the hate crime she's all back onboard. Although I guess the overhearing the thing about Shaw also nudged her too.

Not only Juliette, but the writers too.  Just like the forgot about the side-effects of Zombified Nick last season (you know, when he would appear to die)

Nick didn't engrimmiate until his Aunt started dying. Could they be doing the same thing with Josh? If so, would be cool if they started a Grimm academy out Portland way.

Interesting observation...I had forgotten that when we first met Nick he wasn't a Grimm.  My guess is the writers will forget it too, because your idea is just too interesting as a plot device for this show. Now that a deeper analysis of Grimms has interrupted our regularly scheduled programming, we can get back to Adalind in Wonderland.    

I'm on the fence about Juliette.  I sometimes feel that she is written poorly and I can't tell if its done on purpose or not.  She's never been super supportive of Nick being a grimm and that may be a combination of him not telling her right away and/or all the things that happened to her because of it.  Which is understandable.  I do find that Juliette is a wet blanket almost all of the time.  I wonder if the actors had a chemistry test before filming?  I find that David has chemistry with a lot of other people but not with her.  Which doesn't help because I think that they are in it for the long haul.

The scene where she asked Monrosalee to stop looking for a cure did not come across well for her character.  It seemed very selfish because the audience knows that she was acting on her own without consulting Nick first.  Being a grimm is a big part of who Nick is and the actor has done a great job of conveying how lost Nick feels without his powers.  Why can't Juliette see that too?  I just wish that she had decided to help Nick become a grimm again because she felt that was the best thing for him and not because of an outside force making the decision for her.

I'll be glad when Nick gets his powers back.  I feel like I am still waiting for the season to start.

I think there's a lot more going on with that than meets the eye at first.  The thing about Nick and Juliette is that they've in a long-term, committed relationship with each.  The flash and sizzle of new love/lust has faded into a comfortable co-existence and partnership.  While Juliette might not know what Nick is thinking at any given time, she does know how he thinks.  She understands his process.

She went to Monroe and Rosalee to get them to back off some so that Nick would have the time to mull his decision and experience life without his Grimm abilities.  Juliette loves Nick enough to let him work through his stuff so that when he chose to be a Grimm again, he would do so with no lingering doubts or regrets.

When Bud showed up talking about Shaw, Juliette seemed a little concerned, but not really surprised.  When she talked about the idea of a normal life, she did so in the tones of someone recognizing that it would never happen.  Juliette knows Nick well enough to recognize that he'd want to be a Grimm again.  She also knows him well enough to know that if he became one too soon, he'd always have guilt and regrets about turning his back on a normal life.  She knew he needed to recognize on his own that a normal life just isn't in the cards for them, and she gave him the time he needed to come to that recognition.

• Love 3

Except that is not what happened.   She went to Monroe and Rosalee and didn't tell them to give Nick time.   She flat out told them to Stop because it would be better if Nick didn't get his powers back.   She decided and she alone decided Nick would not want to be re-Grimmed.   Despite fairly obvious evidence that he really was in physical PAIN from not being a Grimm and that emotionally anyone with 2 ears could tell he missed it.   Same this episode.   She was still hesistant about helping Nick regain his powers, despite his wanting to do it, but being concerned about the whole "I have to screw Adalind" to do it.   She only came on board with the Wesen style cross burning.   

I don't see the long term relationship comfort with them.   She sounded more exciting in season 1 when she told him to remember to turn on the stove to start the water boiling (thank goodness he didn't forget) than she did when she was trying to seduce him.   It's mainly the actress's fault, but it is also the fault of the writers.   They clearly gave no thought to the character when they decided at the last minute to make her a vet rather than a baker just because the actress has a dog.   And that trend has continued.   Juliette behaves whatever way serves the story.   Supporter girlfriend needed this ep -- no problem.   Obstruction to taking part in this newly discovered part of the world?   We can do that too.

• Love 4

I agree with merylinkid.  Juiliette spoke to Monrosalie on her own.  She didn't talk to Nick about it first and it was not something that Nick would have voted for had she asked.  That's what I was trying to get to.  I feel like they never talk to each other about the important things.  Nick spoke to Monroe about how much he wants to be a grimm again but why isn't he having this conversation with Juliette?

Their relationship also does not feel comfortable to me.  I've seen shows do this well with couples for example: Mel and Jim from Ghost Whisperer, Allison and Joe from Medium and Olivia and Peter from Fringe for example.  All supernatural shows where the normal person accepted their supernatural counterpart without question.  Nick and Juliette would be most like Jim and Melinda in the sense that the show started with them already being a couple.  So we had to accept that something special brought them together.  But I can barely see any attraction between them.

I did like Juliette a lot more last season but I feel she has regressed a lot this time around.  I do think that the writing for her is poor.  I hope that with her deciding to help Nick get his powers back that this dream of having a normal life while being with Nick the grimm will be finally laid to rest.  Either you accept it and him or you need to move on.

Juliette just needs to take a tonic that makes her look like Adalind, and then Nick has to have sex with her.

I would be totally okay if Nick had sex with IRL Adalind. She can act. Also, I like the enemies-as-lovers trope. No, I don't care how evil she is. Also, Juliet needs to FOAD.

Looked to me like that was the best sex Nick had ever had.

We really, really must see the meeting between Mama Renard and Mama Grimm.

Insta-besties!

The "Juliette must turn into Adalind & screw Nick" thing is just stupid, couldn't they come up with a better plot?

I wonder if that was for fans. I've been wanting to see Nick and Adalind together forever. But then I'm a romance novelist by day.

My Juliet hate is growing.

So the actors of Nick and Juliet are together IRL? Ugh. The guy who plays Charming on OUAT can't act his way out of a paper bag, either.

• Love 1