Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E01: Bye Bye & Bon Voyage

• Start Topic

Totally agree - even if she wasn't indicted, Tre would have been at the sentencing (if only for the camera time) - Phaedra needs to hire Tre as her publicist!

As zoeysmom said, Joe has had a number of hearings related to his DUI/fake ID case, and Teresa didn't go to a single one. She's similar to Phaedra in that they both tried to present a certain image to the public, and they ignored anything and everything that went off this script. Including said husband. Jail? Oh, you mean he's "away." I'm not talking about that. Next!

• Love 6

I'm not a huge fan of Phaedra, and I actually suspect she knew more than she pretends to, but Apollo is not taking any responsibility for his actions. Sigh. I just feel bad for his adorable children. Not every woman believes in the stand by your man nonsense. I know I certainly don't. He got himself into this mess and lost his family as a result. I completely understand why she chose to stay away.

The truth is, if she still practices as a lawyer, it will have an effect on her livihood. He put her very job in jeopardy. Who in the world would want a lawyer, who supposedly is upheld to the highest ideals and standards, that can't sniff out crime right in her own home?

(I guess it doesn't matter since she's oddly obsessed with dead people now)

• Love 7

Also, I had a problem with weak ass follower Cynthia shading Nene by saying well at least I wasn't a stripper. Um, excuse you? Your career was based on genetics. So please don't look down on others who are trying to earn a living.

Ain't your man admit to being in the strip club every night making it rain? Thought so.

Edited by charming
  • Love 23

[snip]

Phaedra is problematic to me in some ways, but on this Apollo thing I stand firm with her. My ass wouldn't be going to sentencing either. A lot is made of Phae marrying an ex-con out of the joint. This ain't a lie and I sure the hell wouldn't wife up a felon however I truly believe she married him with the hope, thought and verbal assurances from Apollo that he would not be engaging in criminal activities in the future. Phae tried too many things to make Apollo happen. She wanted his ass to go legit which is why he seemed to have more job than a West Indian. He was a master barber, asset relocater, physical trainer, etc. Was she a sucker to believe him? Possibly. She fell for the pretty and paid dearly for it.

I didn't think it was at all selfish or wrong for Phae to be considered about public opinion. There is a decent portion of the public that believes that she was the mastermind or was in some way involved in helping Apollo commit these crimes. 

During commission of those crimes, Apollo was living the high life and not giving a damn about the consequences. Now that the chickens have come home to roost, he expects unconditional support and love. Later bitch!  He keeps telling on himself too. If Phaedra is the one so worried about appearances why is he the one making statements that upon release he isn't going home to some apartment and not having a car. He was talking out of both sides of his ass tonight too. In his talking heads he was giving the proper coached PR, attorney written statement that he committed the crime, was aware what he did was wrong and had to pay the price, but during real time filming he is blaming part of his actions on his wife. He had to go back to crime because his wife expected him to earn at her level or something? Mess.

Kandi for all her own personal successes can be such a damn bird. A garden variety bird, among birds. Clucking on about visiting a bunch of people in the prison system is nothing to brag about. Of course she would stand by her man, she was engaged to that great sperminator AJ with eleventy hundred kids and questionable job. Color me shocked but I can't believe that she said 'suck a dick' on tv and it wasn't bleeped. Even for Bravo that seems a bit much.

Cynthia STFU! I think she should be required to wear that Fred Sanford, you big dummy t-shirt at all times. Now that Nene isn't in her life, her marriage is so much better?!? I wasn't aware that Nene had access to her savings account, was on any of her credit cards, had all her pin numbers, losing your money on bad business ideas and not telling you and was buying cars without telling her. Girl bye.

Kenya looked gorg in her TH with her hair pulled back into a ponytail. Otherwise, I got nothing. I am tired of her beating that dead horse with Apollo. 

Edited by cooksdelight
WWHL talk in wrong thread
  • Love 23

She wanted to get out of Atlanta. Augusta is a couple of hours away and I think she has family there.

Another thing in this episode that bothered me... Kandi's objections to Todd not giving his daughter a Range Rover to drive. I think he's very sensible to give her a less expensive car, since she doesn't yet know how to drive anyway. And Riley is handed a LOT by Kandi, because Kandi thinks that's what you do when you "reward" your kids.

As much as I usually like Kandi, I sometimes think she equates money and gifts with showing love.  She also alluded to this during last season's reunion, when saying that she doesn't mind giving Mama Joyce money, because of everything Mama Joyce did for her.  In a sense, she is trying to show her love by giving those she loves gifts and money.  I don't think she does these things in place of showing love, that is just her way of expressing her love for someone. 

• Love 8

The dead don't talk back.

And Kandi, comparing Apollo and former president Clinton....honey, really, get online and discover exactly what all Apollo did before you compare the two.

I know, right?  Um, Hillary had way more to work with than Phaedra.  Bill embarrassed Hillary, but he seemed to have the good sense to listen to his wife more often than not.

Apollo never gave two fucks about what Phaedra wanted him to do.  He was his own man and his direction led him to prison, again.

• Love 1

I'm not on Apollo'side at all, but Phaedra needs to take a seat with this whole innocent act. She said that she was a busy working mom, doing a million things, so how was she supposed to know what he was up to? All she knew was that he had a job and came home every night from said job? (She said this). Really, Phaedra? He's your husband. Did you ever talk to him about his day? Did you ever ask him how he was able to afford a $100k car, not to mention one he bought for you, all on his "job" as a debt collector? Bullshit. If she truly didn't know about what he was up to (I believe she did), then she chose not to know, because she made a deal with the devil, probably for a husband or kids, or because she got pregnant, and keeping up the facade, esp. for the show and all its opportunities, was all she cared about.

I like Phaedra, but I agree with this.

I never believed she was directly involved and tonight confirmed that for me (I think he would have put her on blast during his angry rant). But I do think she maintained plausible deniability by never asking any questions or digging too deep. She knew something was wrong but she was willing to turn a blind eye.

I really don't get her. She's educated, attractive, has/had a good career. I know the joke about Atlanta is that there are no men, but the reality is there are older professional men here who would love to make a woman like Phaedra their second wife. Hell there are guys outside of the city looking to settle down as well. Why Apollo? He's cute but he ain't all that. Why put herself through all of this? It boggles the mind.

• Love 12

I think Apollo learned a lot from recent polical arguments. Argue loudly, accuse the other person of what you've done and don't let up.

Ha, so true. He should have been nicer to Kenya. She is named after Obama's homeland, after all, which means they are friends. She could have made him nostalgic about being primed from infancy to become the first black president some 40 years later so he'd be in a good mood and issue Apollo a pardon (after he got done personally infecting people with Ebola).

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 5

You know, I was thinking, if getting knocked down on the floor of a tacky stage while wearing a pretty gown and originally making a total ridiculous ass of myself could get me a three month trip around the world, I think I would be able to handle it!!   :-)

I get the feeling that maybe Kenya was just holed up somewhere (probably Atlanta), working on photoshopping herself into tourist-y looking backdrops.....

• Love 9

If Phaedra was so concerned about her good name she wouldn't have married a man fresh from prison.

Phaedra was saying all that stuff because she wanted it on tape that she had nothing to do with Apollo's actions.

I think the other cast members are surprised Phaedra wasn't at the sentencing because she's made such a big deal of how she's down for her HUZZBIN. Even at the reunion (which was filmed after the charges came down, I think) she was making a big to-do about how she's a unit with her HUZZBIN. So no wonder the other cast members were like WUT? when they heard Phaedra was not there.

I think Apollo finally realized Phaedra used him for pretty babies & arm candy and now he's disposable. I also think Apollo is used to being gassed up by women and angry that he's the one being rejected, not the other way around.

I agree with Todd, Kaela should get herself a little Nissan Versa and call it a day.

• Love 15

I'm not on Apollo'side at all, but Phaedra needs to take a seat with this whole innocent act. She said that she was a busy working mom, doing a million things, so how was she supposed to know what he was up to? All she knew was that he had a job and came home every night from said job? (She said this). Really, Phaedra? He's your husband. Did you ever talk to him about his day? Did you ever ask him how he was able to afford a $100k car, not to mention one he bought for you, all on his "job" as a debt collector? Bullshit. If she truly didn't know about what he was up to (I believe she did), then she chose not to know, because she made a deal with the devil, probably for a husband or kids, or because she got pregnant, and keeping up the facade, esp. for the show and all its opportunities, was all she cared about.

I don't .....that debt collector on RHNJ  who owned the home that Project Lady Bug held the fashion show at seemed pretty rich. It isn't totally out of the question that Phaedra might think his earnings were legit. I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt.

Edited by Higgins
  • Love 4

So much happened, but this had me cracking up:

Apollo - "maybe it's ran its course"

Todd - "run"

No topic is ever too serious to teach proper grammar...

If Todd is going to correct the English or grammar of anybody, he should start with his wife. She makes me cringe.

Apollo is already a step ahead of the Guidice creeps. He said his love of a fast life style got him into this mess.

Unlike Kandi who blamed it on him being black and that its hard for ex cons to make it on the outside.

Especially the cons with rich wives, beautiful home and a TV show.

Give me a break.

• Love 9

Pheadra wanted a husband and babies. Some women can't think straight when their biological clock ticking. She was probably in lust, got pregnant and then bought the lines he was selling. Do I think Apollo ever cared for her? No. Did he care what she could do for him? Absolutely. He doesn't care about her-what we saw tonight was his pride being hurt because she is done with him.

The problem here is Pheadra failed to remember the old rule-the first time someone shows you their true face believe them. His prior incarceration was his true face. That Apollo we saw in this episode was probably the Apollo she has been seeing for quite a bit. Her pride made her act like they were this loving couple, praying with the kids, all lovey dovey. She should have dropped him a long time ago. The man is an unrepentant criminal.

No words for the stupidity of those on the episode who thought she should be by his side. They don't know what goes on behind closed doors. 

• Love 13

I think Apollo finally realized Phaedra used him for pretty babies & arm candy and now he's disposable. I also think Apollo is used to being gassed up by women and angry that he's the one being rejected, not the other way around.

Speaking of disposable, what was Apollo blabbing on about when he said to Phaedra that post-prison, he wasn't going to come home to "an apt., and no car..." Apollo - that's eight years from now! He reminds me of Teresa, who's heading to the pokey in January and does nothing but talk about the girls' birthday parties! Plus, when he does finally leave the joint, he owes about $2 million in restitution. He'll be lucky if he can own a shoebox with his name on it, let alone an apartment.

• Love 9

Totally agree - even if she wasn't indicted, Tre would have been at the sentencing (if only for the camera time) - Phaedra needs to hire Tre as her publicist!

I don't agree with this.  I'm team Phaedra because Apollo is an asshole who didn't respect his wife when they were in Anguilla and made her sit locked outside of their hotel room so he could hang out with the guys and flirt with Kenya.  I think Phaedra has basically been distancing herself from him since then.  Like Kandi said, they had issues in their relationship even before the shit hit the fan and he was indicted.  I don't blame her for not going to court with him.  In fact, if it was me, there would have been a "Dear John" letter along with divorce papers waiting for him once he got home. 

When Apollo went to get Dylan from Phaedra Dylan gave him a look like, "You're dead to me now."  From the way he hesitated before going to Apollo you could tell he hasn't spent a lot of time with him.  Also it gave me the impression that he's used to seeing Apollo be aggressive with Phaedra.  I felt bad for him because he actually looked a little scared to me.  Apollo is a jerk!  He was good looking to me when he first appeared on the show, but his personality and the stupid way he speaks makes him very ugly to me.  Apollo, don't drop the soap pretty boy!

• Love 13
Apollo is already a step ahead of the Guidice creeps. He said his love of a fast life style got him into this mess.

This was my thought.  He at least took some responsibility.  I also didn't think people were going around acting like Apollo was a victim, which was nice, although my impressions could be distorted by the boring bullshit that was NJ (where prosecutions just fall from the sky landing on nice people even if they have children...think of the children!).  At least here there was something acknowledging that crimes are committed by choice.

I can't help but like Nene sometimes.  When she's on her own getting everything she thinks she deserves from life she's entertaining and...endearing.  Or at least compelling television, imho.

I like Kenya, but she looked odd to me in one of the interviews.  Hair pulled back tight the top of her head looked distorted.  I'm hoping this is the last we have to hear about the reunion.  Porsha's not full-time, doesn't seem like either one is going to change their perspective on what went down.  I don't need to hear about it anymore.  

Y'know...I think I actually enjoyed all of them tonight.  No forced get-togethers yet.  Everyone is at least interesting.  Such a nice change from NYC then NJ (yes, I'm addicted to these shows).  I'm sure next week I'll change my mind but for this episode...I thought it was good tv.

• Love 4

Speaking of disposable, what was Apollo blabbing on about when he said to Phaedra that post-prison, he wasn't going to come home to "an apt., and no car..." Apollo - that's eight years from now! He reminds me of Teresa, who's heading to the pokey in January and does nothing but talk about the girls' birthday parties! Plus, when he does finally leave the joint, he owes about $2 million in restitution. He'll be lucky if he can own a shoebox with his name on it, let alone an apartment.

He really has no clue.  I have mocked him numerous times, but I felt sorry for him tonight.  He knows how to look good and thats about all he has in his repertoire.  Its stunning that he allowed Bravo to film him acting like a fool.  Its amazing that Phaedra allowed it.

• Love 6

Todd, telling someone who is about to go to prison to "get on your knees in the bathroom and drop down bro…just give it up" may not be the best advice (even if you are just talking about praying).  

Oh, and Apollo:  it's staTUTE, not staTUE.

• Love 8

Speaking of disposable, what was Apollo blabbing on about when he said to Phaedra that post-prison, he wasn't going to come home to "an apt., and no car..."

I don't think Apollo was just babbling.  I think he is letting Phaedra know that she benefitted from his ill gotten gains and half of what they own is his, even if the government may come for it at some date.  He put a lot out there about their comingled finances, as far as his paying the mortgage, renovating the house and helping Phaedras endeavors.  Based on his statements I think the house is left in her name, last word was that it is on the market.  Mmm, now I am thinking again about Phaedra's' deposition in the Angela Stanton case, and the attorneys insistence on how she was involved with Nida Fitness.

So Nene is trying to back out of the challenge with Kenya to donate to the Detroit schools on WWHL.  She also needs to stop with being above it all with the other cast.  If she was not considered a stand out on this show she would not get one more phone call for any gig,

Edited by SpringTulips
  • Love 4

I don't think Apollo was just babbling.  I think he is letting Phaedra know that technically half of what they own is his, even if the government may come for it at some date.  He put a lot out there about their comingled finances, as far as his paying the mortgage, renovating the house and helping Phaedras endeavors.  Mmm, now I am thinking again about Phaedra's' deposition in the Angela Stanton case, and the attorneys insistence on how she was involved with Nida Fitness.

Hmm....you're right. And it goes to the theory that Phaedra knows a lot more than she lets on. Fake-dra indeed.

• Love 7

I'm a real sucker, but it bothered me when Apollo was crying to his brother. He's dumb. He's had a terrible childhood. He's a crook at great. He's pretty. Phaedra knew all of that. It's just pretty cold to pick up the boys and move into a hotel. She cut him off like he was nothing, and I guess he was.

Idk. Like, I hate the guy and he's getting less than he deserves, but sometimes reality shows get a little too real.

• Love 11

He was talking about a divorce settlement.  He had just said he wanted a divorce, and he was letting Phaedra know he wasn't gonna sign them papers, go to jail then come home to some bootleg apt and no transportation.

I think he's been spending time with Mama Joyce, worried about "the lifestyle to which I have become accustomed" 

• Love 5

He was talking about a divorce settlement.  He had just said he wanted a divorce, and he was letting Phaedra know he wasn't gonna sign them papers, go to jail then come home to some bootleg apt and no transportation.

Phaedra and Apollo both stated during Kandi's wedding show that he signed a prenup before marrying Phaedra.  Why would it not come into play when they divorce?

• Love 1

Phaedra and Apollo both stated during Kandi's wedding show that he signed a prenup before marrying Phaedra.  Why would it not come into play when they divorce?

Well Apollo's dumb; but that's what I got out of what he said. I think he expects Phaedre to in some way, set up something for him when he gets out.

• Love 2

You know, I was thinking, if getting knocked down on the floor of a tacky stage while wearing a pretty gown and originally making a total ridiculous ass of myself could get me a three month trip around the world, I think I would be able to handle it!!   :-)

I get the feeling that maybe Kenya was just holed up somewhere (probably Atlanta), working on photoshopping herself into tourist-y looking backdrops.....

if memory serves, Kenya lives in LA and is only in town for filming, so I found her claims about having to skip town laughable.

I forgot the details now, but Apollo and Phaedra's discussion of the timing of their marriage reminded me that they got married b/c she was pregnant and didn't want to be an unwed mother. In fact, she had to lie about the conception date to fit that story.

• Love 3

Y'know...I think I actually enjoyed all of them tonight.  No forced get-togethers yet.  Everyone is at least interesting.  Such a nice change from NYC then NJ (yes, I'm addicted to these shows).  I'm sure next week I'll change my mind but for this episode...I thought it was good tv.

That was really nice to see like during the NJ reunion when the women were all laughing together during some down time between two dramas.

If only we could have more of those real moments, to balanced all the forced and non forced bitch fest, that would be great. Even if I don't mind not rooting for anyone, I really would love not hating every character on those shows. *sigh*

I'm so not on Apollo's side of this shit... Phaedra have the right to not see his face (must be difficult to not murder him of the spot) and protect their children. I just felt bad for him when he couldn't see his kids. I understand Phaedra's decision of course and he brought it on himself but still, not being allowed to have a little time with them before going 5 years to prison where they won't probably visit him it's tough and a big punition on top of it.

Yet, all the feeling bad for him went out of the window when she came home with them and he chose to pick a fight instead of doing the most of the time with his kids. Turns out he didn't feel as bad as I felt for him. So yes : "Bon voyage" indeed.

Not for one nanosecond do I believe that Apollo was alone in his crimes.  I believe Phaedra was part and parcel of his criminal activity, and I surely hope the Federal Prosecutor in GA goes after her.  Phaedra is a consummate liar and attempts to dodge any and all blame for things she has done.  Apollo is a moron, but not a very good liar.  When he starts saying things like "I helped her business" or "I helped her out" and making it seem like he is responsible for her keeping the house it sounds a lot like he is protecting her.  

So, Phaedra can lose me with all of her "Apollo did this all by himself" line of business, because I don't believe it.  One read through of her deposition tells me as much as I need to know.

He was talking about a divorce settlement.  He had just said he wanted a divorce, and he was letting Phaedra know he wasn't gonna sign them papers, go to jail then come home to some bootleg apt and no transportation.

I think he's been spending time with Mama Joyce, worried about "the lifestyle to which I have become accustomed" 

My spidey senses tell me that he may threaten to come clean to the government about Phaedra's role in his crimes if she doesn't provide for him.  Its the only way where he would have a pre-nup but still think that she would be under an obligation to provide support.  Although, in some states, a pre-nup will be invalid if it leaves the spouse destitute.

• Love 11

I am a fan of Kenya's, but I thought her whining was unnecessary.  She should have ended her comments about Porsha with her appearance on WWHL.  I would have preferred hearing about her travels abroad.

Dear Cynthia, please ask your husband for a prospectus and review it with your accountant before you invest any money in Peter's ventures.

I thought Phaedra should have been at the sentencing.....until Apollo spouted all of that bullshit at the house.  He got what he deserved and he is not hurting anyone by asking for a divorce.  I have a headache from listening to his ignorant diatribe.  Why did poor Dylan need to listen to that?  If I were Ms. Regina, I would have swooped Dylan up as an excuse to get far away from that crazy.  Apollo is delusional.

I could not even believe she was considering investing a dime in any Peter Thomas venture.  This is like the people who respond to the email from a Nigerian prince.  If she invests in his club/bar/whatever, she deserves to lose her money.

I still think Phaedra should have been at the sentencing.  And if she wasn't there she should have just been honest, she didn't want to be there.  Not some crap about how she was supporting him quietly.  Whatever.  And then whining about people giving her the side eye - her own actions have made people give her the side eye.  She had a chance in the deposition to be clear, concise, honest, and forthright.  Instead she chose to lie, obfuscate and act like an ass.  For her to behave that way and then make all sorts of noise about being a Christian is silly to me.  And for her mother to be willfully ignorant as to why Phaedra and Apollo married was also ridiculous.  That entire "well me being there wouldn't have changed anything" was right from the Phaedra playbook of nonsensical things.  If you allegedly cared about your husband, its not about you showing up and changing the sentence, anymore than it is for anyone who shows up and sits in a courtroom to listen to sentencing.  Its about being there to show your support for someone you claim to care about.

• Love 6

Apollo disrespected Phaedra on camera and was inappropriate with Kenya.  There was no reason for Phaedra to show loyalty to him.

My spidey senses tell me that he may threaten to come clean to the government about Phaedra's role in his crimes if she doesn't provide for him.  Its the only way where he would have a pre-nup but still think that she would be under an obligation to provide support.  Although, in some states, a pre-nup will be invalid if it leaves the spouse destitute.

I could be wrong, but wouldn't that be perjury? 

• Like 1
  • Love 10

Absolutely.

And the fact that her friends would question her not being at the sentencing baffles me. She's not the bad guy in this situation! Sorry but being married to someone doesn't mean you give them unconditional support when they engage in criminal activity. No wonder our society is as messed up as it is. He defrauds, she is a no show and she's the one people are giving grief to. Amazing.

This!

I was thinking the same thing. Like Phaedra or not, she is not obligated to show up to the sentencing, just because they are married.

Judging by Apollo's treatment of his wife last season, the marriage has been on the skids for a while. So STFU Apollo and everyone else on this show that question why Phaedra didn't "support" poor baby Apollo.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 8

Why is Nene one of the highest paid housewives? She is a mess. What was with that hair in her TH? And the beads? And the leopard print top? It's so sad to watch.

Not for me. Bring on the "Nene is a damn fool and looks like one, too" storyline. I'll watch that all day long.

• Love 8

When Apollo complained that Phaedra "wanted him to be naked" because she charged him half of the mortgage after he bought new clothes you just KNOW he didn't go shopping at the gap. He probably spent 20k on her credit card to get tailored designer duds. I think this is kind of his thing -- goes to strip club and spends exorbitant amounts of money = WHAT, A MAN CANT HAVE AN OFFICE? Earns money illegally for years = WHAT, YOU DIDNT WANT ME TO HAVE A JOB? Buys a car with ill-gotten means = WHAT, A MAN CANT DRIVE IN HIS OWN TOWN?

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 4

Why wouldn't Apollo be able to afford a 100K car? it is not like he was paying house bills or mortgages, food or furniture for their house, I am sure Phaedra paid for all that , as far as I can remember she was mad when he bought that car . I know I would be too if my SO spent so frivolously while I am footing all the bills. It is not uncommon to think that he got a car loan and it was going to be paid in monthly installments.

Phaedra tried to make Apollo happen, she made a fitrness video to showcase him, she tried to get him involved in the funeral business, she tried to get him to be a model, she tried many things all while she was going to school, working and raising two kids. There is a point where a person has to take accountability for his own actions. Phaedra gave Apollo many opportunities to do a decent and honest job and he blew them one by one.

I am baffled by the implications that Apollo is too dumb to pull all this on his own and so Phaedra is probably the mastermind behind this. Being dumb pays very well, I think I am going to start trying that. Phaedra is smart and accomplished so she receives suspicious and snide comments about the criminal activities that her husband engaged in, yet throughout all the federal investigation and trial that follows the feds not once mentioned Phaedra's name or even alluded that she was being investigated. Teresa Guidice on the other hand, was indicted and plead guilty to federal crimes yet she is labeled as the poor dummy who blindly sign some papers that her husband put in front of her so she deserves compassion because she has precious daughters, WTF

Apollo never cared one bit for Phaedra and if he could have thrown her under the bus telling the world that Phaedra was involved or knew about his activities he would have done it in a heartbeat, he would have been singing like a canary, yet these two are divorcing and he still hasn't implicated her. The reaction that Phaedra had and the way she talked to Apollo about him not thinking about his family when he was doing his criminal deeds is the reaction that I would have expected from Teresa, a strong and unequivocally reaction to something that will definitely affect their children.  

Yet, many here on this same forum have said that Teresa's only mistake was to trust the wrong guy and not read what she sign , ergo implying she was used but didn't know what she was doing, and now the implication that Phaedra turned a blind eye to her husband's sheenanigans because she is too smart to not have noticed.

I have been doing this wrong all along, from now and on I am going to play the dumb damsel in distress, it sure pays off.

• Useful 1
  • Love 18

NeNe is just so unlikeable, even her smile and laugh are obnoxious.  She'd do well to learn some humility.  I too would like to know why she is on the show still, especially when she hates being on it and is now so fabulously successful.

• Love 8

I watched last night, glad to have this nonsense back!

Nene:  She's a fool to me, a clown, who will probably make money for as long as she keeps up that act; but sooner or later, the mask will fall off.  I did like seeing her in Vegas though.

Kenya:  Sometimes I like her, sometimes I can't stand her.  Why tell people, "I'm from Detroit" as if you're saying you're tough, and then turn to jelly when Porsha pulls her hair.  I'm still pissed that Kenya called 911 for that mess; and Kenya's still talking about it?  Maybe she an Apollo can get together and play "who's the bigger victim?"

Phaedra and Apollo:  I really understand why Phaedra wasn't there; in fact there are some men who will tell their wives and children NOT to be there.  Apollo isn't the victim there; but then again, neither is Phaedra, she knew the man was shady when she met him, but he was pretty and Phaedra wanted a pretty man so she'd have pretty children.  Someone should have told Phaedra that when you marry pretty, pretty is all you get.  So I don't have much sympathy for her either, never marry your sperm donor.

Cynthia:  I hate to agree with Nene but she was right when she said Cynthia goes the way the wind blows.  Now she's on "Team Kenya" for some strange reason.  And how can Cynthia's marriage be better since she's not friends with Nene?  Maybe because Nene knows what a phony Peter is.  If Cynthia had a spine, she never would have married that loser.  Doesn't he have like 8 children by 6 different women or something?  Nene might be tacky and rude but I don't think she'd marry someone like that, at least all of Greg's children were by his first wife.

Kandi:  How silly is she?  She's giving Riley all of those things?  Really?  Way to raise a spoiled, entitled brat Kandi, and what's wrong with structure?  I agree with Todd, children have to work for things, not have shit handed to them.  Maybe Kandi gives so much to Riley because she never wants her daughter to leave her, the same way Mama Joyce doesn't want Kandi to leave her.  Also, Kandi is right that black men are sentenced more harshly than white men, I see it all the time; but what happens with the victims are black too Kandi?  Identity theft is no joke and I'm sure many of the victims of whatever Apollo did, were black as well.  

I can't wait for Claudia Jordan!

• Love 4
I am baffled by the implications that Apollo is too dumb to pull all this on his own and so Phaedra is probably the mastermind behind this. Being dumb pays very well, I think I am going to start trying that. Phaedra is smart and accomplished so she receives suspicious and snide comments about the criminal activities that her husband engaged in, yet throughout all the federal investigation and trial that follows the feds not once mentioned Phaedra's name or even alluded that she was being investigated. 

Yes to all this!! Also, Apollo is too dumb to pull this off which is why he got caught. Furthermore, for someone to have been engaging in bank fraud and ID theft since 2009,  $2.3 million doesn't seem like a whole hell of a lot. If Apollo was on the hoe stroll and brought this to his pimp, he would have declared that it seems a little light and he would've tasted the back of the pimp hand.

Have to say, this show was giving me life last night. This is what I tune in for - a slice of real life. Phae/Apollo stuff had me riveted. RIVETED!! It felt so raw and uncensored. It reminded me of HW shows of earlier seasons. 

Baby Dylan is so cute, especially when he was smiling and laughing on top of the pool table. I hate that they were arguing in front of him like that. His hesitation to go to his daddy was sad and kinda made me laugh. I like to think that Mr. President was thinking of his future political career. Wouldn't do well to be associated with a two striker. He weighed the pros and cons and decided in the end it would look worse not to go to daddy.  

For a minister/preacher, I don't find Phaedra's mom to have the typical eloquence and wise words that I usually associate with Southern ministers. 

Out of work Nene who is forced to be in ATL and interact with the girls is so much different than employed on an entertainment gig Nene. Suddenly when she is getting SAG credits she is above it all, can't be bothered and rises above it all.

Didn't understand that production Nene was in. She kept talking about people being naked on the stage but I just saw dancers in skimpy clothing during the dress rehearsal. Do the dancers actually perform in the nude or just wear revealing costumes?

• Love 3

I'm moving any references to the deposition to Phaedra's thread, since it has nothing to do with this episode.

Apollo himself alluded to the real reason he wanted Phaedra and the kids at court. So the judge would see his family and go easy on him. I don't think he spends that much time with the boys, judging from the little one's reaction to him. To me, that was where all the anger came from, he got sentenced to 8 years and thought if only his family had been there he'd have gotten less time.

• Love 3

And Kandi, comparing Apollo and former president Clinton....honey, really, get online and discover exactly what all Apollo did before you compare the two.

And "doggone Hillary" was the first lady.  World of difference.

I've always thought Phaedra was in this thing up to her eyeballs.  I never understood why she wanted to become a mortician until the charges were filed against Apollo.  Then it made sense to me. But I think she's smart enough to have covered her butt and let Apollo take the fall alone.

She's distancing herself from him now because he got caught, she doesn't need him anymore and she's going to run as fast as she can.  I don't think Apollo is very smart at all, but Phaedra is not stupid by any means.  Apollo wants to file for divorce? Bet Phaedra was already talking to the lawyers.  

Nene can get off my screen anytime.  

• Love 6

Not for one nanosecond do I believe that Apollo was alone in his crimes.  I believe Phaedra was part and parcel of his criminal activity, and I surely hope the Federal Prosecutor in GA goes after her.  Phaedra is a consummate liar and attempts to dodge any and all blame for things she has done.  Apollo is a moron, but not a very good liar.  When he starts saying things like "I helped her business" or "I helped her out" and making it seem like he is responsible for her keeping the house it sounds a lot like he is protecting her.

I don't believe that Phaedra was his partner-in-crime.  I felt like when he was saying "I helped her out" he was alluding to the show itself.  In other words, she wouldn't have been cast as a Housewife in the first place if she didn't have the interesting storyline of being a prolific Atlanta lawyer with the ex-con hubby and baby daddy.  So, in that sense, he feels like he "made" her what she is today - a reality TV star.

This is just my speculation, of course!  I really have no idea what he meant exactly. 

Edited by Duke2801
  • Love 2

Kandi is correct that the justice system does sentence black men more harshly and when they get out it's harder for them to get a job to go legit, so they end up back in the predicament that led them to getting locked up in the first place.  Many times it's more difficult for a black person with a college degree to get a job than a white person with a criminal record, so I understand what Kandi was saying...

...HOWEVER, this does NOT apply to Apollo.  Most undereducated felons fresh from prison do not marry lawyers, have said lawyers putting them up in nice houses, giving them nice cars, trying to hook them up with legit jobs and business ventures.  Phaedra tried numerous times to involve Apollo in legit business ventures (Nida Fitness, Funeral Home) or suggest to him legit avenues to go down (Master Barber) and he didn't want that.  He wanted the fast and easy lifestyle.  Apollo doesn't want to work; he wants to reap the benefits of everyone else's hard work (Phaedra, Delta employees)

When Apollo gets out of jail again, he will have no problem hooking up with another woman who will provide him the lifestyle to which he has become accustomed.

Phaedra was right not to take the children down to the courthouse; if Apollo got taken straight to jail after sentencing and couldn't see them, that's his fault.  Maybe if he spent more time with the children and less time stealing Delta checks and making it rain in strip clubs he wouldn't be in that predicament.

I will say again, because Phaedra threw it up in Kenya's face so much that she has a HUZZBIN and wives stick by their HUZZBINS, the other cast members were probably surprised she left him hanging in the courthouse by himself.  If Apollo had been kind and respectful of Phaedra in the past year, I think she would've supported him.  But you can't dis someone repeatedly, then act shocked when they don't "hold you down" in your time of need.

Porsha's implants look ridiculous but if she likes it, I love it.

• Love 11

Why is Nene one of the highest paid housewives? She is a mess. What was with that hair in her TH? And the beads? And the leopard print top? It's so sad to watch.

Yes and sick of her TH because she just comes off fake with the snooty talk and facial expressions. Why people continue to hire her for things is ridiculous, especially last season when she admitted to not wanting to improve her skills and just wants things handed to her because she has "raw" talent and a show like Scandal is beneath her. She sure as hell left "millions of dollars on the table." SMDH. 

• Love 5

I don't think that Phaedra knew what he was up to. But I also think there was lots of cognitive dissonance going on, Apollo seems to have money to buy stuff, yet she doesn't wonder where he gets it? Maybe he was giving her a BS story, but she is a savvy attorney and has had enough contact with criminals to understand they lie, lie and lie. It's like she didn't want to know what he was up to, and spent considerable time trying to make him happen (video producer, contractor, model) and whatever other expertise she claimed he had. For all her modern woman talk, I think she wanted desperately to be married to a successful man was willing to look teh other way in her quest to make Apollo be that. 

Edited by poeticlicensed
  • Love 2

I don't think that Phaedra knew what he was up to. But I also think there was lots of cognitive dissonance going on, Apollo seems to have money to buy stuff, yet she doesn't wonder where he gets it? Maybe he was giving her a BS story, but she is a savvy attorney and has had enough contact with criminals to understand they lie, lie and lie. 

Totally agree with this. Phaedra is either stupid or lying, and girlfriend ain't stupid.  I think she knew exactly what Apollo was getting into, probably tried to dissuade him, and then gave up.  Apollo is very hard-headed and stupid.  It was great to see those two get down to the basics during their fight - he latched onto her for her money, and she snagged him as a good specimen for her babies.  

Kandi, I like you, but please don't defend Apollo.  He is a thief, through and through.  He had every opportunity other ex-cons don't have.  Kandi insults the other black ex-cons who have turned their lives around by implying that Apollo is a victim.  He stole people's livelihoods.  He's awful.  I was pleasantly surprised that Nene did not defend him on WWHL.

How is it that Kenya gets blamed for everything?  Someone beats her ass down at the reunion, she asked for it.  Someone tells lies that she blew him in LA (apparently she's vindicated next week?) and it's her fault for... being a Moore whore?  Can you imagine if a bunch of men were saying these things about a woman?  People on this board would be losing their mind at the injustice.

• Like 1
  • Love 13