Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

38 minutes ago, JBC344 said:

Actually Rex and Kate had a very close mother and son relationship. It was one of the things I loved about Rex's character. He was so enthralled and proud to have Kate as him mom. 

Watching he and Kate develop a relationship was a real highlight. I think a lot of it had to do with Rex being Cassie's twin, since Cassie was/is a Kate mini me. Red had a great appreciation that Kate was a headstrong woman.  

I have a vauge memory of the Cassie. I think the actress had red hair and was on Y&R. That was a long time ago though.

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

I have a vauge memory of the Cassie. I think the actress had red hair and was on Y&R. That was a long time ago though.

Yes that was her. The character was really sidelined, she went up to her room in the Brady pub and never came down. 

They started off good by setting up the dynamic of Rex/Kate bonding in Salem and Cassie/Roman bonding on Melaswen. When Roman and Cassie returned Cassie disappeared. 

We never really got much of Rex and Roman so I'm interested in seeing their dynamic this time around. 

22 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Yes that was her. The character was really sidelined, she went up to her room in the Brady pub and never came down. 

They started off good by setting up the dynamic of Rex/Kate bonding in Salem and Cassie/Roman bonding on Melaswen. When Roman and Cassie returned Cassie disappeared. 

We never really got much of Rex and Roman so I'm interested in seeing their dynamic this time around. 

• Love 2

wtf did i just watch! kristen is actually a phoenix?! good lord. and how fake were those boulders that were holding nicole hostage as she sits there with flames all around her (which was really nerve wracking. i would have passed out with fear) . there was a lot going on there at the end, rolf, kristen, brady got whacked by a door i think, sammie pushing ej out the door was somehow sort of funny and i don't know why. he is what, unconscious?, half dead? out of his mind? what is she going to do to help him?! 

• Love 7
12 hours ago, JBC344 said:

Rex and Cassie are Kate and Roman's twins.  Stefano stole Kate's eggs, Roman's sperm and used Marlena as the surrogate to birth them.  They were raised in a facility for most of their lives.

i have a bad memory. but, how did stefano steal romans sperm? i hate to ask!

• Love 1
48 minutes ago, msrachelj said:

i have a bad memory. but, how did stefano steal romans sperm? i hate to ask!

Ha ha, they never went into specifics. But the storyline did fit into the history of when Stefano kidnapped both Roman and Marlena at different times, and was Kate's pimp. 

That might be a Dr. Rolf question. Lol 

Edited by JBC344
  • Love 4
17 minutes ago, JBC344 said:

Ha ha, they never went into specifics. But the storyline did fit into the history of when Stefano kidnapped both Roman and Marlena at different times, and was Kate's pimp. 

That might be a Dr. Rolf question. Lol 

Stefano kidnapping Marlena was a retcon. Orpheus kidnapped her. 

• Love 4

Sooo much of flashbacks from Friday's show.  And so much of explaining past events.

Wow, that was a lot of smoke.

Kristen is just insane.

It's bad enough that Eric and Brady abandoned Nicole, but they didn't even consider going to look for Sami.  And where did Brady stash  Holly?

Is Belle actually planning on lying in court?

They gonna get all those dead people out?

Somebody in another thread said they saw a door with SD on it.  Stefano?

Edited by Silver Raven
  • Love 5

I loved today's show. It felt so old school and I am going to be a blubbering mess tomorrow. Greg Vaughn is a gorgeous man, it is a sin to look that good. I miss Wilson, it is unpopular to be their fan on here, but, I do.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, tribeca said:

So much explained history today.  

That night of living dead warehouse is so creepy.  

I fear tomorrow the show is going to turn into The Walking Dead show with all those undead walking out of the flames like zombies.   

• Love 8

I forgot all about Rex and Cassie.

Geez, Mimi, you can't even tell your baby's father that he will be a father?

Amazing how Holly could fit through the opening but Nicole couldn't. Surely with Brady and Eric pulling her, she may have been able to get out.

Kristin has a Phoenix tattoo? How could Sami push the deadweight of 'EJ' out?

No working fire extinguishers at a lab? Given it's an old ratty warehouse, I wouldn't expect a sprinkler system.

• Love 4
20 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Nadia looks like someone with the short hair but I can’t put my finger on it. She looks amazing. 

I think she looks great too. I also noticed with the blunt, healthy chestnut brown bob and neutral makeup she looked like someone. Maybe a younger Priscilla Presley? They have similar bone structure and eye shapes. Maybe Charisma Carpenter in her Angel era years? 

Why am I actually rooting for Mimi to get her card pulled and hit the slammer and Lucas raising the child? ? She's so annoying and he's so adorable in daddy mode. 

Why do I think if Stefano is reanimated he will brought back as a younger version of himself and it'll be a weird casting choice? 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Petunia13 said:

I think she looks great too. I also noticed with the blunt, healthy chestnut brown bob and neutral makeup she looked like someone. Maybe a younger Priscilla Presley? They have similar bone structure and eye shapes. Maybe Charisma Carpenter in her Angel era years? 

Why am I actually rooting for Mimi to get her card pulled and hit the slammer and Lucas raising the child? ? She's so annoying and he's so adorable in daddy mode. 

Why do I think if Stefano is reanimated he will brought back as a younger version of himself and it'll be a weird casting choice? 

I wasn't watching during the Mimi Rex days.  But I find Mimi extremely unlikeable and it doesn't help that she has a sour botoxed look on her face at all times.  I am shocked that Rex bumped into her at a Chicago illegal poker game and decided he was still hot for her.

Edited by bannana
gremlins
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Tasha Brand said:

. . . Jack?  Jack Deveraux?  He's the only presumed-dead character of whom I can think with those initials.

All I could think of is Jack Daniels.  But I had a hard day at work.  LOL 

• Love 13
2 hours ago, buffynut said:

Poor Nicole. I know she'll probably not be really dead, and will return some day. But she's still going to miss Holly growing up. ?

Tell me about it.  Why did she agree to come back for such a storyline?  As much as I like her and her and Eric together I would rather she stayed away if she was only going to come back to die. 

• Love 9
24 minutes ago, A.J. said:

Tell me about it.  Why did she agree to come back for such a storyline?  As much as I like her and her and Eric together I would rather she stayed away if she was only going to come back to die. 

The actress did not want to come to the show full-time and agreed that by "killing" off Nicole, Eric would be able to stay goodbye to her and move on to a new relationship without always thinking that he and Nicole could always be a possibility.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, buffynut said:

Poor Nicole. I know she'll probably not be really dead, and will return some day.

I am sure Nicole will be back sobbing uncontrollably onscreen at some point in the future. I wouldn't be surprised if she had Eric's kid in tow too. But if AZ didn't want to stick around not to mention Eric's relationship with Jen having all the hallmarks of being a placeholder situation, then killing Nicole off is the only way to allow Eric to really move on instead of going through the motions of being with someone else cause he's still harboring a reunion with Nicole. 

Or what Nilyank said. 

• Love 7

Okay, loved Rex noting that Cassie's reluctant to return to Salem because "the last time she was here, she was stabbed, stuffed into a Thanksgiving piñata, and left for dead."  Fair!  Relatable!

Kyle Lowder as Brady was way before my time watching this show, but I liked him yesterday as Rex (wow, talking about a soap and putting "liked" and "Rex" in the same sentence feels wrong!).

• Love 15

I know killing Nicole is the only way Eric can move on to another relationship, otherwise it would be like Hope when Bo was missing. Or now Kayla and Steve in jail.  But, for the character, even if she survives and is keep off screen to heal, she will be away from her daughter.  I'm just thankful "he who I will not name" has not been mentioned during Nicole's return. Or at least not when I've been watching.

About KL, I LOVED him as Brady. But it's been so long now since he was Brady, and I've "known" EM's Brady for 4 years now, and I forget what Rex even looked like, that I'm ok with KL being Rex.  I even think he looks a bit like he could be JT's version of Roman's son.

• Love 9

Oh boy, putting Will and Sonny's yearning to be together - even though they're the ones who created this scenario and have the power to change it at any time - next to Eric's grief about losing Nicole was a big mistake.

I am happy to hear Susan is still driving Victor bonkers.  But more show, les tell, Show. ;)

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, buffynut said:

I know killing Nicole is the only way Eric can move on to another relationship, otherwise it would be like Hope when Bo was missing. Or now Kayla and Steve in jail.  But, for the character, even if she survives and is keep off screen to heal, she will be away from her daughter.  I'm just thankful "he who I will not name" has not been mentioned during Nicole's return. Or at least not when I've been watching.

About KL, I LOVED him as Brady. But it's been so long now since he was Brady, and I've "known" EM's Brady for 4 years now, and I forget what Rex even looked like, that I'm ok with KL being Rex.  I even think he looks a bit like he could be JT's version of Roman's son.

Happily there was no room with DJ on the door.  Or even TJ.

Speaking of which, the fireman said there were no survivors.  But they would still find some remains.  What about all the walking dead people, who rescued them?

• Love 5

I can't wait to have Ari take drum lessons and irritate Victor.

Why are there bales of hay around that warehouse?

So Brady just handed off Holly to some random "shopkeeper"?  Good job.

Why are there no reporters coming to town to interview the famous All Star pitcher who's now in a wheel chair?

I didn't realize Gabi  was going in that deep.

OMG, Sami as the voice of reason.  :D

Has Nashville become the Land of the Walking Dead?

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

That's so Brady!

Ugh, I can not stand Abigail. I hate that she figured out what Gabi is doing and no one believes her so now when it's all revealed there will be even more "Oh, our precious, amazing Abigail!" bullshit. No thanks.

I wish Gabi didn't want Chad for herself, but I still thoroughly enjoy her. CB is just so fun here. And Gabi is speaking so much truth. They just need to say she has PTSD once this all comes out so she can go to therapy for 2 weeks and then everything will be OK again!

The Brady/Sami/Eric scenes were fantastic. GV didn't go too hammy with the anger this time like he did when Eric found out Brady forced Nicole to leave and I appreciated that.

• Love 18
4 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Oh boy, putting Will and Sonny's yearning to be together - even though they're the ones who created this scenario and have the power to change it at any time - next to Eric's grief about losing Nicole was a big mistake.

See, I thought the opposite--to me GV's Eric was cringe-worthy and over the top with his scream of mainpain while I thought Sonny and Will were quietly poignant with their sadness at being apart.  I did love the Brady, Sami and Eric scenes though--there was so much history in their interactions and the actors played it well, especially Sami's trying to stop Eric from saying something he'll regret to Brady.

Man, was it good to see Dr. Rolf again, I missed him and his creepiness and his life-regenerating lemon lime soda elixir.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I feel everything involving those two dipshits is a big mistake. 

Oh sure, Will misses Sonny’s voice...too bad he can’t just man the f up and try the whole honesty angle and let the chips fall where they may.

And of course Sonny has nothing better to do than hang around them like the love sick puppy he is.

The man was stroking Will’s forgotten key ring? like it was all he had in the world, it’s so pathetic I might feel for the guy were it not Sonny. 

Paul continues to look like such a dork, so blinded by “love” he cannot see what is so obviously going on between his current bf and ex. 

Once again Ron takes what could have been an exciting or intriguing threesome and just drained all the life and purpose out of it. 

2 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Why are there no reporters coming to town to interview the famous All Star pitcher who's now in a wheel chair?

Give Paul something actually relevant to do that is about him and his life history solely and has nothing to do with tweedle dunce and tweedle dumber being sad at their self imposed separation? 

What sense would that make.../said with sarcasm cranked up to 50. 

2 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Why are there bales of hay around that warehouse?

I was actually surprised they didn’t just have the bales but also random full canisters of gasoline surrounding them just for that extra bit of emphasis that building was going up like a bonfire. 

Brady just does not know how to function like a normal person, I am convinced. 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, nilyank said:

The actress did not want to come to the show full-time and agreed that by "killing" off Nicole, Eric would be able to stay goodbye to her and move on to a new relationship without always thinking that he and Nicole could always be a possibility.

I know.  I just wished she would have died off screen.  Seeing them make love and seeing him with Holly was so sweet and adorable. Showing what could have been with these two time and time again is too cruel for us superfans.  

• Love 8

Full Disclosure: I check out the spoiler thread from time to time.

So, I knew about the whole Nicole “dies”, but before we actually had confirmation on that in spoiler form, when we were just speculating about her departure, I knew when Eric gave her that damn necklace she was a goner. That’s soap 101. 

AS and GV play well off one another.  I swear, though, at this point, I think I hear Sami blathering about EJ in my damn sleep. I love her, but I’ll be glad to put this story to bed. 

I do feel sorry for Abby. She’s cuckoo  for Cocoa Puffs, and I do think that soapily mitigates her behavior towards the townsfolk she harmed, at least somewhat. Gabi? I’m just not feeling as generous towards. PTSD? Ok, maybe, I’ll have to wait and see what they go with. They’re going to have to show some doubt or a little guilt sometime or the characters going to lose me the same as Eve did. I think she’s being heinous to people that have tried to be a friend to her. Stealing someone’s spouse away? Bad girl territory. I can live with that. But she wants to be Thomas’s Mommy now? She’s heading towards psycho woman scorned territory. 

• Love 7

Gabi wanting to be Thomas' mother just mitigates any sympathy she may have garnered from me. Was Abby responsible for Gabi's woes? Maybe. But whether it is liked or not, the narrative is she was mentally ill, so what transpired was murky versus a person with their full faculties. To me, anyway.

Maybe it will be revealed Gabi has PTSD, I don't know. But I hate that this has made me side with Abby since I basically like neither character much. UGH. Damn it, show.

(I realize this is an unpopular post. Commence tomato throwing now if you want to.  :-) )

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Rowan said:

I do feel sorry for Abby. She’s cuckoo  for Cocoa Puffs, and I do think that soapily mitigates her behavior towards the townsfolk she harmed, at least somewhat. Gabi? I’m just not feeling as generous towards. PTSD? Ok, maybe, I’ll have to wait and see what they go with. They’re going to have to show some doubt or a little guilt sometime or the characters going to lose me the same as Eve did. I think she’s being heinous to people that have tried to be a friend to her. Stealing someone’s spouse away? Bad girl territory. I can live with that. But she wants to be Thomas’s Mommy now? She’s heading towards psycho woman scorned territory. 

I think that Gabi's plan is lame, but, I don't feel sorry for Abigail. I remember her smug nasty attitude with Sami after doing EJ.  She never had any remorse for what she did..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 13

So, an allegedly big baseball star like Paul has no former teammates to check how he is doing, a former coach visit or call him, or anything? No fan letters filled with support for him?

Just being isolated with Will who really wants his ex back and is with Paul out of guilt and obligation. Erm, Paul can't be that dense, right?

JJ, you really have no business exploring Gabi's handbag. I do half-expect that she will return and catch him in the act.

No survivors in the fire? No bodies? Probably some tunnel system. Forensics would find some trace of bone, teeth, etc.

I did feel for Eric, thinking Nicole is dead - and dead in a horrible way. Brady does sort of have the blame for a lot of this - he set in motion things that led to her death. I do half expect a door to show NW one of these days.

Abigail still hasn't really owned that she did a lot of not so great things to people - her affair with EJ, Austin, hurting Gabi, killing Andre, her involvement with Ben Weston - I don't feel too sorry for her. Gabi's plan needs to be reined in a bit.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, AnswersWanted said:

I feel everything involving those two dipshits is a big mistake. 

I still like Will but I can't bear to watch scenes with him right now.  I just want to vomit.  And Sunny has been turned into an almost irredeemable douche.  Oh how I wish Paul was staying on the show.  Those two could dump him and he found a better partner.  Then later on Will and Sunny would realize they don't work as a couple anymore.  I'd love to see Paul get the last laugh.  I know that won't happen, but I'd so enjoy it.  

• Love 10
55 minutes ago, A.J. said:

I still like Will but I can't bear to watch scenes with him right now.  I just want to vomit.  And Sunny has been turned into an almost irredeemable douche.  Oh how I wish Paul was staying on the show.  Those two could dump him and he found a better partner.  Then later on Will and Sunny would realize they don't work as a couple anymore.  I'd love to see Paul get the last laugh.  I know that won't happen, but I'd so enjoy it.  

I was always on the fence about Will since he hit puberty on the show, mostly he never impacted me much good or bad, however for the first time I have liked him being paired with Paul, pre memory redux. 

Actually I think what I liked most of all is how well the actors got on together. 

Christopher, to me, really helped Chandler relax on screen and open up to real, genuine affection from a man for the first time, I saw some really cute moments between them.

More than a few I believe were total ad libs from Christopher that got Chandler out of his head and he reacted with surprise or giggles and reddening cheeks, that’s the sort of stuff I love and crave to see from a gay or queer couple: normalcy. 

But this current situation...it is mind-numbly bad to me. There’s no upswing, no positives to be gleamed. 

I would pay to see your idea happen, heh, it’d just be so fitting.

Just the idea that the best Paul can do dating wise is either being Sonny’s bed warmer or Will’s...it’s a travesty to me. So much good has been downright squandered. 

1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

Just being isolated with Will who really wants his ex back and is with Paul out of guilt and obligation. Erm, Paul can't be that dense, right?

Paul is seeming more and more like a brainwashed test subject to me than a person.

Like you said, he has no one from his baseball period coming around? No friends, no stripper ex?

He has no one but Will to lean on? Where’s his mom right now? 

I get that Paul is practically just a pretty face that the writers never invested much time or effort in to create a realistic personality for him, but it’s just beyond ridiculous now.

He really is just being portrayed as a stand in and nothing more, he may as well be a day player, another Leo, who could tell this character is actually going on three- four years on screen. 

• Love 3

CB, AS, GV and even EM were great today, especially CB.  She's playing Gabi with a cold but understandable rage.  Abigail took everything from her - Chad, her daughter, her freedom, and possibly her ability to have another child - while the man Abigail was sleeping with took her company and aided in framing her for murder.  Gabi telling Kate that she will never know what internal scars Ari has from their separation was really well done.  Kate finally seems to understand that a sympathetic ear and a couple bottles of wine are not going to talk Gabi down from the ledge.  Whatever happens, hopefully this story doesn't end with Abigail winning and Gabi losing.  Again.

I was spoiled about Nicole but am still sad about it.  Eric has so many reasons to despise Brady and I don't see how they're ever going to get over this.  Eric should still be mad that Brady blamed him for being drugged and raped by Kristen.  But this?  Brady will have no one to blame but himself for being such vindictive little man ... but we all know he won't do that.  He will blame Deimos or Kristen or Xander, or maybe he'll turn things upside down again and blame Eric and Nicole for everything.

2 hours ago, A.J. said:

I also still like Will but fast-forwarded all their scenes today.  Paul does not deserve what Will and Sonny are doing to him. 

Al in all it only took me 23 minutes to watch today's show.  In addition to FF Will, Paul and Sonny, I FF through all the Abigail, Chad, Jennifer and JJ crap.  Still caught Jennifer's clown pants, though.  They were hideous.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

So, an allegedly big baseball star like Paul has no former teammates to check how he is doing, a former coach visit or call him, or anything? No fan letters filled with support for him?

JJ, you really have no business exploring Gabi's handbag. I do half-expect that she will return and catch him in the act.

No survivors in the fire? No bodies? Probably some tunnel system. Forensics would find some trace of bone, teeth, etc.

I did feel for Eric, thinking Nicole is dead - and dead in a horrible way. Brady does sort of have the blame for a lot of this - he set in motion things that led to her death. I do half expect a door to show NW one of these days.

Abigail still hasn't really owned that she did a lot of not so great things to people - her affair with EJ, Austin, hurting Gabi, killing Andre, her involvement with Ben Weston - I don't feel too sorry for her. Gabi's plan needs to be reined in a bit.

I like this idea of a tunnel.  But that would mean the walking dead and Kristen and Rolf are hanging out with Nicole, and that would be really creepy and awful.  Let's hope Jack is there to keep an eye on her and protect her from all of the other zombies.

• Love 6
15 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

See, I thought the opposite--to me GV's Eric was cringe-worthy and over the top with his scream of mainpain while I thought Sonny and Will were quietly poignant with their sadness at being apart.

Feelings about the acting aside - I thought GV was good, but obviously YMMV - Will and Sonny's "Gasp, we can't BE together!" longing felt shallow next to Eric and Nicole because again, this is a situation they created and could change at any time while Nicole is dead (or "dead", more likely) and Eric was robbed of his chance of being with the love of his life again some more by forces outside his control.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 6
12 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I think that Gabi's plan is lame, but, I don't feel sorry for Abigail. I remember her smug nasty attitude with Sami after doing EJ.  She never had any remorse for what she did..

My bolded above... 

When I came back to Days after years and years of not watching, it was right at the time of Sami planning her wedding to EJ, and KM's Abigail pretending to be Sami's best friend.  I did not know EJ, or Abigail, or many other characters, and I was an anti-Sami/pro-Carrie fan, so it shocked me that I found myself feeling sorry for Sami and HATING Jennifer's daughter.   MM's version of Abigail has been much, much more likable, albeit more boring too, and I do find myself feeling a bit sorry for her. I think they're pushing Gabi a bit too far in her revenge, but it is a soap, so I guess extreme is good story-telling.

• Love 9